Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-08-2006, 06:45 AM   #1  

Default Having a bad day

Sorry guys. I just seriously need to rant or else I might just spiral into some awful comfort food binge.

Today is officially week 3 since I started exercising. Anyways, I got up like normal and headed off for class. So then here I was, muscles sore from yesterdays workout, feeling slightly tired (probably almost that time of the month) and was totally minding my own business when this girl comes up to me and says 'you know, you should really lose weight before you wear that top'.

I was so shocked, my mind was completely blank for the whole morning. In retrospect, I wished I snapped back at her. Sorry I am not stick thin. Just because I am big doesn't mean my wardrobe has to be filled with black tops. I like wearing bright clothes. It makes me happy. Argh! I can't believe I am getting so worked up emotionally about it. But it just freaking hurts.

Okay...stopping now.
shockingpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:05 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Oh you poor thing! I can't believe the ignorance of some people. I think I would of punched her squarely in the jaw. Wear what makes you happy, not what stupid people think you should wear.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:15 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

it's her own insecurity that makes her say those things.

next time the proper comeback is

"maybe your right but you know you really should engage your brain before you open your mouth"
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #4  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Don't let her get to you! Wear whatever you like and makes you happy!
Think about it this way: You are loosing weight but she will always be shallow, rude and mean!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:42 AM   #5  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

You wear what you want and what she or anyone else think doesn't matter. She was a B&*^&. Forget her...you're what's important.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:51 AM   #6  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Don't get disheartened by what that twit said. She was probably taking out her own bad mood. Take comfort in the fact that you are taking care of yourself and I hope she gets what's coming to her is all I can say.

I would have punched her too. Where were these people brought up...in a cave???
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:52 AM   #7  
hara hachi bu

That stinks, I'm sorry you had to experience that. She's clueless, and I'm guessing that one day she will be blessed with rolls and rolls of fat poking out of her own too-small shirt.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

This is for you... Forget about that comment, you're making positive changes in your life, you don't need to let a rude remark from a complete moron throw you off track. You're doing great!!!
Alora199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:58 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

What a

You rule though! 3 weeks into a new lifestyle is great. You shouldda said - well duh - I'm here exercising, so I'm obviously doing somthing about my health. Do you just come here to look good?
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #10  
No description available.

The only thing her comment was telling about was her own character....she is likely very unhappy.

Good for you for exercising! Keep it up!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:05 AM   #11  

Oh wow. Thanks guys for all your encouragement and support. It really helped to get that horrible feeling off my chest. And to read all your messages encouraging me is just...utterly wonderful. On the bright side, I went out to the gym. Instead of going to a corner and crying or taking out a bucket of icecream, I decided the best thing was to go sweat everthing out. That combined with all these replies waiting for me when I got back home really made me smile again.

So thank you really for all the replies. You guys are awesome.
shockingpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

Don't feel bad, I know how you feel, I lost 70lbs a few years back and was looking and feeling great! When someone close to me said how much more do you have to lose 40-50lbs, that sent me right to the fridge and I never stopped! I look back to realized I only had maybe 20lbs to go at the most! and I let it get to me. The **** with her, keep on trucking!
shoots-alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #13  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Man why don't people just can't keep their negative comments to them self!! Whatever happened to "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anthing at all"

that girl OBVIOUSLY has very low self-esteem, no empathy, no compassion etc etc etc...she showed you her true colours! Think of it this way, you are not only building up you health/ body but you are strengthening your character, personality, sefl-esteem...while she is probably siting there wishing she was as confident as you!
She's a LOSER forget her! If she ever says something to you again, just smile and say something like "thanks, glad you told me, I will be sure to wear more of these tops to piss you off!!!"
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'm sorry someone was so rude and outrageously stupid as to say that to you. I would have had to of restrained myself. WTG on the exercise. You are doing great.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 208/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Just remember that you are doing something good for yourself and be really proud that you didnt say anything. That takes alot of will power. That is much better and shows how much better a person you are. You are doing great and no matter what anyone says do not stop for anyone but yourself. If you stop working out or you change you habits that is your choice. But just rememeber also if you put on 20, 30, 50lbs and then get upset that is your fault you can not blame what someone said to you one time. If you think of it that way you will keep yourself on track. You are doing perfect and will reach your goal. good luck with where your headed.

misty
Chatterbox1982 is offline   Reply With Quote