Old 09-08-2006, 02:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

Default Routine is important

Routine is important and a little hard to swallow at times, because I have always bucked the system as long as I can remember.

Weight loss definately takes routine at least for part of the week and maybe I am now ready at 36 for routine.

Anyone struggle with routines?
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

From one person that has always bucked the system to another, look at your diet as YOU taking control. For a LONG time food controlled me, that was my "routine", so dont look at it as now you have to be on a routine, look at it as now YOU decide your routine, not food, not emotions but the strong you that is hidden inside.

By the way, i just read you post about calories being the way to go. I agree completely. THe second you tell me i CANT have something...well just to spite you, i will have three of that something. So with calories, there is NOTHING that i cannot have in moderation. Also what helps with that is that i have friday as my weigh in day. So on friday after i weigh i have a splurge meal at some point that day. So that anything i was craving during the week, i can now have. Like this week, i smelled chinese food and about started drooling on tuesday...now it is friday and i can have chinese for lunch. So telling myself, that i shouldnt eat it today, but i can eat it friday gets me though the rough cravings...plus i have earned that chinese lunch...i lost 3.2 pounds this week doing "MY routine".
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:22 PM   #3  

I treat it like a job something I have to do that I don't want to get fired from thus far it is working
buffedstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:42 PM   #4  

Default taking control and loving it!!

thanks you two!!! I am going to keep truckin at it and a take control of my life!! I only have one person who tempts me everytime I am with them. Let's go to "KFC (my favorite), or Chinese food, or Super Sonic" whatever fast food out there they have a craving for when I am with them. I want to hang with them but don't know how to tell them kindly that they have to stop. They are always starving everytime I see them. I adore this person and enjoy spending time with them. I guess I will just have to talk to them or when they say let's go to KFC I will have to recommend a more healthier choice. This is three weeks for me and a very vulnerable time it is!!
Old 09-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #5  
Searching for balance

S/C/G: 247/241.2/150

Height: 5'6 - Female

I think routine and planning are so important. I add exercise to my To Do list, the same way I put down laundry and dishes. It feels good to mark it off each day. I know that without routine I would be very vulnerable to making bad choices.

Shannon
Irishowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:06 PM   #6  

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffedstuff View Post
I treat it like a job something I have to do that I don't want to get fired from thus far it is working
I agree when some one ask how I do it. I say Its another full time job on top of my normal life. If you don't do what you need to who will.
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:30 AM   #7  

Default spontaneous

that is such a true statement; I just hope I can live up to the expectation. LOL I am not a routine person spontaneity is my way of life. But am enjoying being in control at the same time; does that make sense?