Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-08-2006, 12:24 AM   #1  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Default My Little NSV

Let's just start by saying I'm a couch potato at heart. I'm on the go with the kiddos all the time, but if I get the chance to take a break, I normally won't turn it down!

Tonight I was updating my calendar and jotting some upcoming events down when I noticed the date...9-7-06. One month ago, 8-8-06, I had one of those eye-opening dr. appointments and that same evening I headed off the couch for a brisk paced walk in our subdivision. Today, one month later, I realized that I've not skipped a day since that first trek, nor have I even considered it....I just put on my tennis shoes, hook up my DS's ipod, and go! I've increased the length of my route 3 times in this past month, and was thinking earlier this evening on my route that it's time to add on again! I've started putting MYSELF first, which is something that hasn't happened in years!

In thinking about all this, I realized that I had another NSV over the weekend that I didn't even recognize! We spent the 4-day holiday at the lake. I got up the first morning while all the others were still sleeping and headed out the door for my walk. I was trying to figure out where to walk to when I decided to head for the stop sign where our lake road meets the main road. It's all UPHILL! The 1.2 miles to the sign is uphill the whole way, and I would have never even considered walking up there just a month ago....but this weekend I did it every day, without stopping for a breather. By the time I got back to the house, I was re-energized from the downhill slope, so I kept going making a loop in the other direction, which was then uphill again to get back to the house.

This time, I'm proud of ME!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:59 AM   #2  

Amazing!
Congrats
this post is so inspiring
Thanks for reminding me how alive excercise can make you feel
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:28 AM   #3  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

wow, thats not little!! I want to be able to just get up and go..make exercise a routine...just like you!
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #4  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Thats great! You have reason to be proud of yourself!!
Congratulations!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:47 AM   #5  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

thats wonderful, sounds like you are really enjoying your new exercise lifestyle! definately the way to go
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:13 AM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all for your encouragement! I get very little from DH (I don't think he's insensitive, just oblivious!), but my teenage kiddos...DS is 16, DD will be 14 next month, say something to me almost daily....you look good Mom, I'm proud of you Mom, etc. They've even started saying things like "we're hungry, where can we eat that would be best for you?" if we're running errands, as opposed to just saying can we stop at McD's. I'm proud of THEM for being conscious and aware, instead of self absorbed teens!

Anyway, thank you all again. I seem to be on this site several times daily....and ALL of you are an inspiration to me!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote