South Beach Diet - Naked Naked Naked

View Full Version : Naked Naked Naked

Sunnybunny
09-07-2006, 02:22 PM
VEGGIES!!!

I had ya'll going there didn't I?!?!?! :carrot:

OK...so I would like to know what are your fav naked veggies?

I like: zucchini, squash, jicama, radishes, cauliflower, red & yellow peppers

How about you?:carrot:

Chal
09-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Must admit... I had to look!! :p

My favourite NAKED veggies are cucumber, zucchini and brocolli. :D Oh, and tomatoes!!!!

TiredofWeightin
09-07-2006, 02:52 PM
It's funny how certain words just peak your attention, huh! Do you think it works if you just say it out loud all of a sudden!!;)

My fave nudies are carrots, cauliflower, and any type of peppers, especially jalapenos!!!:devil:

Island Girl
09-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi,
Let's see: jicama, cucumber, red and yellow peppers,

Karen S.

Ruthxxx
09-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Radishes!

Sunnybunny
09-07-2006, 03:57 PM
I love Jalapenos too!!!!!!!!!!!!

cottagebythesea
09-07-2006, 06:16 PM
You really caught my attention! :o Little disappointed to find out you were only talking about veggies! :( :D

My top favorite veggie is BROCCOLI, naked or not. Another favorite is zucchini, YUM!

ladybugnessa
09-07-2006, 06:41 PM
peppers both red and green, baby carrots, green beans cooked or fresh...

now if adding a touch of soy sauce and garlic does not count... then we can add onions and zucchini.

beachgal
09-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Peppers! :T I love them in hummus, but I can have them naked too!

Broccoli...but I like it steamed, first. I'm not a huge fan of it raw. I love cucumbers, tomatoes, and carrots.

Great thread! :hat:

SumtingSweet
09-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Sheesh! You reeled me in ;) I hate vegetables but yesterday I tried something new...zuchinni! And I actually like it...who woulda thought?

Sunnybunny
09-08-2006, 09:16 AM
I forgot celery, which I am eating right now!

Ohhhh Hummus is so good on veggies beachgal :)

Barb0522
09-08-2006, 10:43 AM
I like raw cauliflower and zucchini as snack for work. I used to eat peppers with hummus but now I mostly eat the veggies plain. Sometimes I like raw red peppers but most of the time I prefer the cauliflower and zucchini.

For cooked veggies I LOVE asparagus. It's good just lightly cooked so it is still crunchy. I also like to fix it in the Soy Ginger Asparagus recipe out of the South Beach cookbook. Yum!

I love cooked broccoli and green beans. Cabbage is good too. Oh, I love taking some cabbage, red onion, mushroom and squash and sauteeing them with some Rotel tomatoes. And I love the pepper salad part of the pork and pepper salad recipe in the South Beach book. I fix that just so I can eat the veggies (but the pork is good too).

Oh, and brussel sprouts! I have a recipe where I cook some turkey bacon and then cook the brussel sprouts with some garlic and chicken broth and it gets sort of brown and tender.

I guess there are a lot of veggies I have come to love since starting SBD. Three bean salad too!

rebel
09-08-2006, 10:58 AM
kohlrabi. Anyone else here eat kohlrabi? nobody's mentioned it.
sugar snap peas!

gma22
09-08-2006, 11:06 AM
I have kind of a naked phobe so I would say definitely tomatoes if they are in season otherwise grape tomatoes or plum tomatoes, pickles, but I hate cucs as cucs, ice berg lettuce, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts celery is ok and that is about it.

I WILL however EAT, raw cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, spinach since they are good for me even if I am not a fan.

Naked, cooked, dressed for a party, I DO NOT eat squash, asparagus, lima beans, garbanzo beans, black beans and chick peas.

LitChick
09-08-2006, 04:28 PM
I was wondering if there was anything naughty in here! :carrot:

I like most veggies, especially zucchini, red peppers (also green, yellow and orange), asparagus, mushrooms, carrots. One of my favorite things to eat for supper is a plate of roasted veggies - yum!

hollycraft
09-08-2006, 04:38 PM
You bad girl! Made me look AND think about vegetables...
Celery is delicious, tomatoes, spinach salads with raw mushrooms, yum!
Here in the south we say "nekkid". The joke goes that you're naked you're not wearing clothes, if you're nekkid you're not wearing clothes and you're up to something...

Ruthxxx
09-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Or, as they say in Redneck....
"Th' joke goes thet yer naked yer not warin' clo'es, eff'n yer nekkid yer not warin' clo'es an' yer up t'sumpin..."

Sunnybunny
09-09-2006, 11:20 AM
I am in the south too and I would agree with your nekkid statement.

Ruth...ummmm you are in Canada, eh? What's up with the perfectly structured redneck sentence??? That cracked me up ;)