Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/125/125

Height: 5'4

Default What in the world does that mean??

Ok....so I've just happen to run into some people that I haven't seen in a while....like maybe a year or so, possibly more than that. So everytime I see someone (most of the time it's a guy) they say...I didn't recognize you........

What the **** is that supposed to mean?

All my weight has been gained and lost since I've seen these people....and I always have my hair and makeup done....

I guess I'm just irritated and I don't really know what they mean...it's pretty frustrating...I seriously want to scream at them..."What is that supposed to mean?" So then I go into this whole body dysmorphic phase where I feel like my weight loss isn't worth anything.....

Can anybody shed some light on this....??????????

Thanks....
Carrie
Cheercoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

If you are the same size as when last you saw them and have the same hairstyle (length, color), the same glasses (if you wear them), and the same wardrobe style, then I don't know what they might mean. Why don't you ask them?
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #3  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

I think for some people saying "I didnt/hardly recognize you" is just another way of saying "I havent seen you in so long"...possibly, especially if there arent major changes in the way you look.
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Well, first of all, allow me to congratulate you on the 70 lb. loss.

One thing that might be different is how you carry yourself (body language, how you speak). I've only lost about half of what you've lost and friends have told me that I'm different, more confident. A change in demeanor can lead people to not recognize you right away; it doesn't always have to be based on appearance.

Also, you may be down to the same weight you were when these people last saw you, but your proportions might have changed (at least I know mine have) and that can make a difference too, even if the changes seem slight to you.

Whatever it is, please don't let it discourage you. Also, someone mentioned just asking them what they meant; that's a good idea too. Just a casual response of "Really? What's different?" is all you need to get your answers.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/125/125

Height: 5'4

Ok, so I agree with asking, but I'm also scared of what their answers might be. I would HATE to hear that I've gained weight...that would make me ill...

Goodbye Chubby....Maybe you're right about the proportions and the confidence thing. I mean, I do pay alot more attention to my appearance than I have before with Make-up and stuff...then again, maybe these guys can't say "You look good" so they say they didn't recognize me (excuse the pat on the back...lol).

Thanks for the input ladies...I was just SOOOO frustrated.....
Cheercoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #6  

No one has told me that they thought I had gained some of the weight that I had lost which I had but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they talk behind my back about it
plutonianmir is offline   Reply With Quote