Support Groups - Help I've been living in denial

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Help I've been living in denial

Kiwi24
09-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Hi everyone,
Last night I was on the computer when I saw my reflection in the window. :fr: Oh my gosh!! Where did I go? :stress: My face, my arms, my stomach? I went from this:belly: to this :sumo:

So today I start my diet. I weighed myself and surprisingly I need to lose 72 pounds! :faint: I can't believe it?!:yikes: Have I been in denial or what?

I don't have a certain diet as of yet but I do know what I am cutting out!!:corn: :jeno: :mcd:

Is there anyone out there that is ready to lose weight and needs daily accountability? The more the better. :cheer: If so write me back and lets get started.:grouphug:

momtu2
09-05-2006, 04:55 PM
hi! i'm new to 3FC, but i would love to have a buddy!!!
i'm 27, married, 2 kids and i began my weight loss journey about a month ago. i've lost 11lbs :carrot: and i want to lose 30more by the end of the year.:woops:
so i'm not sure what we do from here, but i'd love to have someone to hold me accountable!.
:dust: for both of us!!

Kiwi24
09-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Sounds great to me!:cp: I'm not sure exactly what to do either but getting started has got to be the first step.

So lets try making a committment to each other. Good days bad days whatever, we hang in there for each other. :hug:

How many days a week can you come to this site? :comp: (for accountability) I am a stay at home mom. (SAHM) so I can commit to monday through friday. Possibly Sat and Sun. How many for you?

Also, what diet plan are you on?

MY PLAN is to tell you everything!! :rofl: I promise not to zap your energy with whinning!!:tantrum: My goal is to encourage and to be encouraged.

I REALLY want to lose this weight. But I LOVE EATING SWEETS.

So I do have a plan of attack for myself but I'm figuring I need someone with the same goals as me and that is to seriously get this weight off. :goodscale

So what's your thoughts since you have already lost 11 pounds:cheer: Good for you!!

Kiwi

momtu2
09-05-2006, 07:41 PM
i work part-time, but like maybe 15hrs a week. i am on here every week day, so i can definately commit to that!! sat and sun are hit or miss depending on what we've got going on.
so let's see...i've been doing weight watchers at home and love it!! also working out 4-5x a week. although i need a serious kick in the you know what this week!! my bday was saturday and i totally fell off the wagon over the weekend and having a hard time getting back on. today i ate 2 donuts. eek. that's 10 points. eek. and dind't work out like i normally do since i got NO sleep last night and my little guy was up for the day at 6 am. yuck.
so tomorrow i'm back on full time. won't make it to the gym as my 2y/o and i have our first *just mommy and me* class in the morning and i work in the afternoon, but my plan is to do my video while the kidlets are napping.
i went to the store today and bought my weight watchers muffins for breakfast, plan to have an apple for snack (we went to the orchard and now i have them in abundance) lunch will be a lean turkey sandwich w/fat free mayo, on whole wheat w/lettuce and some baby carrots. dinner will be something from work. but i'll keep it grilled chicken and veggies!!!
ok, so i'll give you some of my vices...i can NOT resist junk food. not at all. so now i don't have any in my house. i have low fat or weight watchers if it isn't good for you!!! cake and brownies are definately my biggest downfall. lol!
i LOVE to workout but have had a hard time finding the energy w/a 25month old, a 9 month old, a wearing part time job and a husband.
sooo...i guess that's it. i'd love to exchange email addy's but i'm not sure how to do it w/o posting it here for the world to see.
hope to hear from you soon!
:hug:
tracy

BrittanyIsAStar
09-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey I'd love to be a part of this too! I'm new as of yesturday! and I dont really have a plan either I'm just trying to cut out the crap BUT if any of you have a good plan that we could all stick too I'd love that too!

momtu2
09-05-2006, 10:09 PM
that sounds great!! the more the merrier!! :carrot:
like i posted above, i am doing weight watchers and loving it. i still get to eat mostly what i want, just less of it. and if i make smart choices i'm not hungry all day!:hungry:
ok, well, i'll throw some ideas out at you ladies and you let me know if that's cool, what you want to do, how we can change it/make it better.
we could do mini challenges and of course a large challenge. for ex. my big challenge is to lose 30lbs by the end of the year. a mini challenge could be 8lbs in 6wks or something like that.
we could post/email daily what's on the menu and if/how we stuck to it.
we could also do something i've seen on some of the boards which is to work out *X* number of minutes in *X* amount of time.
let me know what you think. also, it looks like we can private message each other for email addy's if that's what you would like to do.
:grouphug:
tracy

Kiwi24
09-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Okay then we have a team!!:cheer: BrittanyIsAStar how much weight are you wanting to lose?

momtu2 Happy Birthday. :woo: I hope you had a good one. Mine is next month.

You do ww at home? What about meetings and keeping up with points. Someone told me you had to go to meetings to get your book and learn the points etc.

I really don't know how my weight got to this level. I always thought I was a emotional eater but life is great. I guess I just sit at home and eat all day. :corn: I am going to start writting everything down. If I do that maybe I will pay more attention and won't eat like I apparently do. :write:

I did good today. I had a Banana for breakfast and luch. Then ate a huge salad for dinner. I seem pretty satisfied. :encore: I know I can't do that every day but I am going to take one day at a time.

I would like to start weighing in on Friday and Monday. Friday because its the end of the weekday and Monday because it will make me accountable for the weekend.:goodscale Does that sound good to you two?

I don't know how to email either. I think you have to private message but I have learned that yet. I also noticed you can instant message people. I have that but I don't know how to do it either. :rofl: I guess we'll learn as we go!

I am really excited about losing this weight. I want to find me again :belly:

Kiwi

momtu2
09-05-2006, 10:25 PM
ok, i just sent you a private message. hope it works! lol!
my sister gave me the weight watchers books and points thing. all you need is the calculator and the books. i don't go to the meetings. i think you can order it online, possibly cheaper on ebay.
oh. i also think we should post how much H2O we're drinking too. my goal is 60oz a day.

BrittanyIsAStar
09-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Well I need to lose more weight than probably both of you I'm 225 and ULTIMATLY I'd like to get down to 115 or 110 depending on how I look I might even like 120 or 125. But I like the idea of mini challenges a lot ecpecially since I have so much weight to lose. What I like to do also is have something that I get myself after I reach each mini goal like new shoes, a new pair of jeans or new workout clothes. :) Mondays and Fridays sound good to me as well! 2 days a week is better than one to me. And I am ADDICTED to Diet Coke so I really need to work on my water intake. I guess I'll PM yall my food and excerise intake daily if that's cool and weights on the two days. Can't wait to get started. I'll try and set out a schedule for my mini goals and post them when I can!

Kiwi24
09-05-2006, 11:02 PM
This is so great!!! :goodvibes I'll try to find me a ww manual. I have a richard simmons weight book. I picked it up once at a yard sale but don't think I ever used it. Its like points. You actually move cards from one side to another. Is ww like that? I'll pull it out. 60oz of water? I can do that. I don't drink water but now is a good time to start.

Okay so lets recap: :chin:
We check in daily and tell what we had to eat plus (the rest of my life story Ha Ha):blah:
We drink 60 oz of water daily
30 min of exercise. (I'm new to exercise give me a break:tread: )
Weigh in Friday and Monday:goodscale

Anything else?

BrittanyIsAStar
09-05-2006, 11:14 PM
I think that's about it :)

Kiwi24
09-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Hey I was reading some of the threads around here and it says that they may move our thread to another area once it starts getting alot of responses. They move it to the area it is about. I guess for us it would be Support group. So if we should disappear from the Buddy list section look in the support group section. :mag:

I am going to make a goal poster. I know that sounds silly but I am a visual person so maybe if I have pictures of a thinner me and outfits I would like to wear maybe even a place I would like to go once I lose it. I think I may get excited about that.

Kiwi

BrittanyIsAStar
09-06-2006, 12:42 AM
I'll make sure I find it if and when they move it. I know it always helps me to look at clothes I really want to wear. also I know you shouldn't compare yourself to other people but I like looking at celebrities that have my same body type and height and seeing how they look to give my insperation or "thinperation" haha

RCsMommy
09-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Hey ladies! I was just wondering if I could join you all in this journey to lose fat! I am also a stay-at-home mom to two. I have two boys, a 25 month old and a 4 week old. I really think it is because I am at home most of the time and that is why I eat, eat, eat. I have tried Weight Watchers and I end up messing up midday and then going overboard so today I am going to start with South Beach again. I have tried this before and I lost about 15 pounds and then I got pregnant and my diet went out the window! I want to lose about 60-70 pounds. It all depends on how I feel once I get down there. I have a broad build so getting too low of a weight may look funny on me. I am 210 now and wanting to get to about 150. So, here we go...good luck!

Jaime

Kiwi24
09-06-2006, 09:36 AM
:welcome:Hi Jaime,

Sounds like you will fit right in. I love alot of WW snacks.:drool: I noticed SB has alot of snacks now too. I haven't been on either diet "seriously" to decide if it works for me but I have heard great things about both. I think I'll try ww first and see I how do.

I am only 5.0 tall and once upon a time I wore a 8. Now I am a uummmm? I'm still in denial. That can't be right. I can't say it.:ziplip:
You know I started checking out the Maternity sizes but I told myself that I loved how cute they looked. :preg: Not pregnant looking just stylish. Then I told myself when I would shop elsewhere, that the sizes were made smaller. That's the style. That's why I was shopping bigger sizes. I enjoyed bigger clothes. When I looked in the mirror I didn't SEE a big girl. :mag: Now its like "who the heck is that?! How crazy is that?!:dizzy:

Hey everytime I try and send my message I get sent back to the begining and have to sign in again. Then redo the message. What am I doing that is causing that. I have to log in like 3 times then go to the home page and log in there to actually get back up. Is anyone else having this problem?

Kiwi

momtu2
09-06-2006, 09:44 AM
rcsmommy:welcome! we'd love another buddy!!

kiwi and brit:didn't mean to bail on you guys last night, but i was super tired and went to bed. :yawn:
brit:i think your mini goals are great!! just remember, that the closer you get to your goal, the slower the weight comes off, so 9lbs a month might not work towards the end. i just don't want you to get dissapointed when you are so close!

ok, i'm posting my goals on here. i thought that would be easier since we got another member, and the pm'ing thing bogs my computer horribly:p
current weight:170.5
goal weight:140 (at which point i will re-evaluate. i am 5'5 and i think that will be good for me)
my mini goals:
* at least 1.5lbs a week loss.
* drink 60oz of H2O a day
* stay at or under 22points M-F and on sat and sun use only 5 flex points per day
* workout at least 45mins 5 days a week. even if it means getting off my booty at home and doing my video!!
* logging all i eat so i am held accountable
* get on 3FC for a kick in the butt from you wonderful ladies when i'm feeling like eating that cookie!!!

ok. i think that's it. i will probably be MIA for most of the day. we have a busy day and then i have work this evening.
if you guys are intrested, i have AIM. i am hardly ever on but i can leave it signed on (we have DSL) if you guys have it and would like to communicate that way! :grouphug: :dust:
tracy

Kiwi24
09-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Its okay Tracy, a mommy of two needs her rest. :hug:
I have yahoo im. I will have to check it out and see how it works.

I would like to lose 2-3 pounds a week. I know I can do that for awhile. I am going to stay focused on losing weekly. My long term goal is of course, get 72 pounds off by Oct 2007. My mid goal will be Sept. 30. I want to be down to 188. Thats 9 pounds. Lets make it 10 pounds. 187.
I will start drinking water 60 0z. and I will start exercising at least 30 min. a day. :running:

Oh and I will write everything down. I have a home made journal that I use for a organizer. It fits my life. I write everything in it.:write: I will add a section for my weight loss goal. I heard about the fitday but I haven't tried it out yet. Does it cost to do that?:o

Kiwi

momtu2
09-06-2006, 10:59 AM
fitday is free. i checked it out, and liked how it figures out calories burned, but had a hard time w/putting in food. but i am not technologically inclined at all! lol. maybe the lady who does it can help explain it to us. i think i *had* yahoo messenger, but i can re download.

i think your goals are great and very realistic.

also, i am giving away one teething, whiny, 9 month old boy to anyone w/a good home. he has brown hair, HUGE blue eyes and likes to crawl and drool alot. ;) (kidding of course. he's making me :dizzy: today!)

NewMommyMN
09-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi Ladies, I read your thread and I hope you are interested in having another to your group? I too am a SAHM of a 5 mo old, and have time to devote. I would love to have some support! I've lost 60 lbs on my own since the birth of my child, and have more to go ( about 50 more ). I was doing great on low carb until about 2 weeks ago.... uggg a 2 week blur of sugar, bread and other unmentionables... I have never been into exercising, however I really need to start and could greatly use a push. I dont know how to use the bells and whistles here yet, but I've been reading lately and thought I might fit into your group as there are other mommies here too...

Kiwi24
09-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Glad to have you.:welcome:

I haven't been able to figure out fitday. :chin: how do you get to it. I am not sure I would use it but I would like to view it. where do i go

We weigh in every Friday and Monday. We'll twick our method as we go along. We're all still figuring things out:dizzy:

What diet plan are you using?

Oh Tracy, Brit, remember me telling you I had a old deal a meal from RS. Well, the problem is i didn't have anything that stated how it works. But searching around i found a website written by a guy that had all the infor. Explained everything and didn't cost me nothing. :cheer: Yeah!! I am not cheap I just hate wasting money on something I am not going to use. This way I can try it out and if it doesn't work I am not out anything!!:smoking:

Kiwi

BrittanyIsAStar
09-06-2006, 02:57 PM
HI welcome to our new members!

:wel3fc:

About Fitday, No one has to use it if they don't like it I personally do the only sort of bad thing is that when imputing food they don't have any processed food for for instance I had a Luna bar and I had to make it a "custom food" and put all the nutrition info in the computer but the good news is once it's in it remembers it so all I have to do the next time I eat one is click on it. But just posting it here should be enough don't worry about it if you don't like it.

also PM's it's no big deal if yall don't want to use them we can post all our stuff here BUT how I do it is I click on the username of the person I want to send it to and it brings me to the screen and I type it all up send it and copy the text so I can send it to anyone else in the group. but it's up to yall

I'm gonna have a great first day I'm decided! And I know yall will too:hug:

here's a little something for everyone on our team
:dust:

I'll be posting my fitness and food intake tonight once I'm SURE I'm done eating because I want to tell yall EVERYTHING thats the only way I feel like this wll work.

BrittanyIsAStar
09-06-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm posting my Goals and Mini Goals here for the new members since we're not big on PM's

So My goal is to lose all my weight by my birthday of next year.

I calculated it all up and I need to lose (rounding up) 9 lbs a month which I think is totally doable since I'm young and I can be pretty active! so my mini goals go like this

Starting Weight: 225

October 5: 216

November 5: 207

December 5: 198

January 5: 189

February 5: 180

March 5: 171

April 5: 162

May 5: 153

June 5: 144

July 5: 135

August 5: 126

September 5:117

October 5: 108

I really like the time I'm starting this because IF I STICK WITH IT I'll be at a MUCH smaller weight by next summer which is great because I live in Texas and it can be HOT I'd love to be able to feel good about myself in shorts next year.
I'm using a food journal at Fitday.com which I just discovered it's GREAT it shows you how much your eating and what it is (fat, carbs, Protein)

I don't want to cut out any ONE thing like carbs I just want to stay as healthy as I can because I want to stick with this for the long term. and of course water water water

momtu2
09-06-2006, 03:00 PM
welcome new mommy!
glad you're here with us!

Kiwi: you go to www.fitday.com and then i believe you have to sign up and get an account and then you go from there. like i said, i had a hard time manuvering in it.
tracy

BrittanyIsAStar
09-06-2006, 03:02 PM
yeah up at the VERY top it says "get new account" thats what you need to click on:)

momtu2
09-06-2006, 03:03 PM
ok, girls, here we go. i'll start the dreaded *what did you eat today* thread, and you guys add/edit or whatever throughout the day.
breakfast:1 WW muffin and cup of tea=4pts
snack:1 apple=2pts
lunch:spaghetti=10pts.
snack:ice cream bar=2pts
dinner:ckn sand/broccoli from work=3pts
total=21pts. may have small snack when i get home from work tonight if it's not too late.

my workout...will do 1 hr carmen electra aerobic striptease when my little guy takes a nap! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

BrittanyIsAStar
09-06-2006, 03:06 PM
my workout...will do 1 hr carmen electra aerobic striptease

oh I love that workout!! :belly: I only have the first DVD I want the more advanced ones though!

okay I'm gonna go eat and then go for a run/ mostly walk:D

momtu2
09-06-2006, 03:21 PM
girl, i LOVE that video too!! i also only have the 1st one. it's my back up for the days i can't get into the gym. what i wouldn't give for her body!! but after 2 8lb babies, 65lbs of baby weight and a belly full of stretch marks...it's NOT going to happen!

i ran for 2 mins on the treadmill at the gym last week and someone asked me if iw as ok. my face turns BEET RED when i run. :rofl:

i forgot to post that os far i've drank a liter of water. i don't know how many ounces that is.

Kiwi24
09-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Okay so far I have had a Banana for bf. 2 cups of coffee.
Then for lunch a ww dinner. I am drinking bottle water 9oz so far.

I don't have that Carmen's but I do have "Dancing to the Oldies":rofl: Not quite the same. Plus its not on DVD. Anyway, I guess I need to check out some updated exercise DVD's .:lol3:

Way to go so far Tracey.

Well my little Kindergardner (did i spell that right) will be here soon so I'll right later.

Kiwi

BrittanyIsAStar
09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah Carmen is HOT :sunny: :sunny:

and don't worry my face gets RED too I also huff and puff a lot it sucks but I'm looking forward to the day I can get on the treadmill and run like an hour no problem. I know I'll get there in the end
:carrot: :D

Ashes
09-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Hello all, I need a little encouragement too. I nned to lose about 30 lbs and I hate to diet but am trying to exercise. I am from New Orleans and have gained a lot of weight since the hurricaine. Drowing my sorrows in chocolate. Help!!

BrittanyIsAStar
09-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Hey Ashes you are MORE than welcome to join our group just read the first 2 pages to catch up on when we weigh in and stuff. :hug:

tlc40
09-06-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm there for you girlfriend!!! I just started weight watchers today and I feel really motivated to lose weight. I got married two years ago and I am at an all-time high - I guess married life has agreed with me - but enough is enough ;)

tlc40
09-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm there for you girlfriend!!! I just started weight watchers today and I feel really motivated to lose weight. I got married two years ago and I am at an all-time high - I guess married life has agreed with me - but enough is enough ;)

miltownMandy
09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Hi ladies! I just wanted to say that I could really use some motivation! Im new here, and Ive tried the whole diet thing before, but I have no motivation... i really need someone to tell me how it is sometimes you know? Im 22 and going through a divorce. I dont know how I managed it, but I somehow managed to gain about 70 lbs in the two years Ive been married. This is my new beginning. Im sick of being the "pretty, but fat girl". I just want to be healthy! Im going to do it right this time and stick with it!!!!

miss_miranda
09-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Mandy I'm new here too...just added a few minutes ago. You actually inspired me to join. :) Divorce is always hard and I gained 15 lbs after I got divorced...then I got out of the military and gained another 10 lbs...and I just had a baby gaining another 20 lbs....so I have about 45-50 lbs to lose. I'm still a reservist so I have to be back down to my goal in 6-7 months for my physical exam. I would love to help motivate you, if you want to be my buddy too.

miltownMandy
09-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Miranda of course Ill be your buddy!!! Hey, look at that! haha I inspired someone! haha! Yeah, this whole divorce thing has been really lame. My husband is actually active duty army and hes making this divorce thing a big pain in my butt!

BrittanyIsAStar
09-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Well ladies it's the end of my day one and I'm pretty happy with what I've done

I did 100 crunches + 1:30 on the treadmill :woops: that was a lot for me I didn't run but it was a fast walk so I'm happy with that

as for food I ate:

A small orange and a couple frozen strawberries with a tsp of Equal on top for Breakfast

Lunch was a medium size piece of skinless chicken breast with a little spagetti sauce on top soooo good with a salad

and I had a Luna Bar for dinner (normally I'd have a real dinner but I was eating on the go)

I had 2 diet sodas today I am SO addicted BUT lots and lots of water to balance it out

so overall I think I did pretty good

I just want to encourage anyone who hates to workout like me I know it sucks while you're doing it but you really do feel great after you're done. Sort of like a high so get movin' yall

and :bravo: looks like yall had a good day as well keep it up :grouphug:

momtu2
09-07-2006, 12:00 AM
wow!! you girls were busy while i was gone!! i came back to like 12 new posts! lol! glad to see we're getting a good group going.
brit:it sounds like you did great today!!!
allllll the new people: :welcome: it's great to have more support on our journey!!
you can look at the other posts to learn about what we're doing. and please feel free to post your long term goal/mini goals, what you're eating and what you're doing to burn the fat! :wl: :ebike: :bike2: :workout:
tracy

Kiwi24
09-07-2006, 12:19 AM
:wel3fc: Hi and Welcome Everyone,

My our group sure has grown. I'm sorry to hear about the divorce but we will be here for you. :hug:

It sounds like you need to lose about the same amout of weight as me.
This thread is to help encourage and make each of us accountable to each other. If we all commit to check in each day then that is accountability and then we can encourage and cheer each other to a brand new you. :cheer:

Be sure to check our the rules we laid out in the begining of the thread.
We weigh in Friday's and Monday's. It's that accountability thing!:devil:

I have finished day two and I did great!! I already told you what I had for B and L so for Dinner I had half of a Fire house sub and a weight watchers Strawberry shortcake and Diet soda. I still had enough points left over but I think I'll just have water. I did exercise. I use those stretchy robes to work out with.:lifter:

Anyway one day at a time. I can't weight till Friday!!!:goodscale

Kiwi

Kiwi24
09-07-2006, 12:32 AM
I see that I need to get more detailed about my food, water and exercise.:chin: I only drank 12 ounces of water today. That's not good.:sorry: My exercise was 30 min of the resistence ropes. :cheer:

Tomorrow I will give my totals of food, etc. at the end of each day.

Well I beat. Good night everyone! :wave:

Kiwi

BrittanyIsAStar
09-07-2006, 12:33 AM
goodnight darlin' :)

tryingtoo
09-07-2006, 12:50 AM
The same happened to me. I was at work sitting in front of my computer and I looked down and could not believe my gut. It was just hanging over my pants. I said to myself what happened, it must be the overeating I have been doing for monthes. I am going to change and do something about it regalar excercise and balanced small meals.

Kiwi24
09-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Good morning!! :coffee2:

Welcome Tryingtoo :welcome: This is going to be a great day. My plan is to get my exercise in early. I may even walk.:running:

I hope everyone is motivated today! :carrot:

Catch ya later

Kiwi

momtu2
09-07-2006, 10:15 AM
:yawn: morning everybody!! sounds like we all had a good day yesterday!
i'll give you a run down of my day.
b:ww muffin and probably a yogurt here in a bit. water.
snack:apple
i'll post the rest when i get there!
i'm going to the gym this morning. 30 min circuit. 15 min treadmill and as many crunches as i can stand!! i haven't weighed in since last tuesday, so i'm a bit anxious about this week, as my weekend was awful.
hope you all have a great day!
:grouphug: :dust:
tracy

RCsMommy
09-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Good morning everyone! Kiwi, I love reading your posts, I am going to have to figure out how to do all the little dancing people and carrots and stuff! I love it. So, I did really well yesterday. All South Beach Diet friendly foods: I had 2 cups of coffee with Splenda and sugar free creamer for breakfast, some turkey sausage for lunch with a piece of low fat string cheese, and then for dinner, I made tacos for my family and just had everything except for the tortillas. I then had a sugar free jello with sugar free cool whip. Yum! I also had about 48 ounces of water, which is really good for me. I will write later about what I had to eat...so far I had a great breakfast: two eggs with a sprinkle of cheese and some turkey sausage. Now I am having a cup of coffee to motivate me to clean the house, yuck! Have a great day everyone and welcome to all the newbies!

Jaime

RCsMommy
09-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I fixed my tracker! Hey, I was wondering if everyone wanted to post mini goals as to where you want to be maybe at all the holidays...I'll go first.
15 pounds down by Halloween
23 pounds by Thanksgiving
30 pounds by Christmas

I think that this is doable for me, I just had a baby and I am breastfeeding so hopefully I will be able to do this!

Kiwi24
09-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Okay.
My mini goals are:

Sept 30...10 pounds :carrot:

Halloween...9 pounds (less 1 pound for BD cake):hb: :woo:

Thanksgiving...ummm:chin: I love thanksgiving.:thanks2: Okay 8 pounds.

Christmas...Well come on.... Its Christmas! :elf: I bake sweets all month long and samples everyone elses bakery goodies! :candy: Ummm? Are we allowed to gain?:rofl:
JUST KIDDING!!!
Christmas...8 pounds

That gives me a total of 35 pounds and I would be down to 162!!:belly:

oh baby baby!!:dancer:

Kiwi

momtu2
09-07-2006, 12:57 PM
i have such a hard time with the short term goals. i'm afraid if i don't make one then i'll get discoursaged.:( but i guess that's what i have you guys for.
ok. i weighed today (had to. couldn't resist. it's been a week and a half) and i only gained 1/2lb during my awful splurging bday weeked:ink: . at the same time i'm a little bummed cuz i really wanted to see the 160's this week. :doh:
ok. so sept 30th 6lbs. it's only 3 weeks away!
halloween 8lbs
thanksgiving 8lbs
xmas 6lbs...and that is my goal weigh :carrot: :cb: :carrot: :cb: :carrot: :cb: :carrot: :cb:

i can do this. i will do this. i will do this i will do this.

Wendy6
09-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Hey everyone... can I join? I need accountability!!!!

I've read the email trail quickly and it sounds like I know this little group already : )

To make it short, I lost 50 pounds 3 years ago (after caring for my Mom in my house for 7 years), my Mom died, : ( ...then I met my "to be husband" 2 weeks later, did pretty good keeping off the weight, got married April 05, and then gained 35 pounds since then. I keep trying, but I really like to eat (especially ice cream).

Maybe telling someone what I'm doing, and weighing in twice a week will help... I hope : )

If I can join, I'll read the "rules" from the beginning of the trail. Please.... please... : )

Thanks,
Wendy

momtu2
09-07-2006, 02:01 PM
of course you can join!!! :hug:
we love having new people here!!
i'm sorry to hear about your mom dying. i don't know what i'd do w/o mine.
just go aheard and read the first 3 pages, post your goals, and anything else you want to share!!
we can all do this together! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Wendy6
09-07-2006, 02:10 PM
THANKS!!!!!!!!!! I'll read through the other pages tonight (I'm at work now)... then I'll start posting tomorrow. :carrot:

p.s. everyone needs to enjoy the time with their Mom's... once they're gone, they're gone :(

neverland
09-07-2006, 02:45 PM
hey everyone.. so this is where everybody is;) i don't really have mini goals i just have one big goal and little motivation, though i'm hoping to find more:D so what are the "rules"??

momtu2
09-07-2006, 02:59 PM
welcome :hug: !!
there really aren't any *rules* per se...we're just trying to hold each other accountable for our eating and actions. i personally will be posting daily what i ate, what/if i did for exercise, and how much water a day i drink. we are posting weigh-ins on monday and friday. (or tuesday for me, since i don't go to the gym on monday and don't have a scale at home :D )
but that's it. all we ask is you give support, and the occasional kick in the but when someone needs it! :rofl:
glad you're joining us!
tracy

BrittanyIsAStar
09-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Hey guys!

so I woke up today and my booty and thighs were sore haha tells you how much I walk on the treadmill but that motivates me it makes me think that I actually did something good for me haha. well I like to post all my food at the end of the day so I'll be doin' that later.

for now I want to wish everyone a great day!! Healthy choices yall :grouphug: I love my little team :D

:dust: yall!

Wendy6
09-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Okay.... I just read the email trail and I think I've got it :)

My short-term goals are:

Halloween - lose 8 pounds by then
Thanksgiving - lose 14 pounds by then (in total)
Christmas - lose 20 pounds :carrot:

I'd love to lose more... but I'm learning to have little goals (1 or 1.5 pounds a week). Otherwise I get too discouraged and want to give up.

I'll start writing my food tomorrow since I just started today. I've already downed about 100 ounces of water, so I think I've met that goal :) now I just need to eat better : ) and drive past the ice cream stand on the way home instead of stopping :D

Talk to you all tomorrow, and have a good night :hug:

Wendy

Kiwi24
09-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone and Welcome Wendy and Neverland:welcome2:
I love our group too! ahhh group hug!:grouphug:

Neverland mini goals would be good for you. Think about it and if you are ready post it here. We are here to help you through :hug: If you aren't ready yet then I guess we can be alittle more persuasive :frypan: Just Kidding:rofl:

Wendy 1 -1.5 pounds is a great weekly goal. If I can lose consistently that amount each week I will be very happy. :dancer: But I think I can push myself alittle harder for 2-3 pounds weekly for alittle while. :drill: Weight tends to come off quicker in the beginning and harder as you reach your goal. I would reaaaaaally love to be down a dress/pants size by my birthday!:cheer:

Tracy I love this WW food. I had strawberry shortcake and loved it.:T Then I had WW english egg muffin. Wow. If I can find the book I may have to switch over. Until then I will have to continue "Deal a meal" with RB. Its okay
it is just time consuming converting things over so i know how many cards to move. :chin:

I started the Fitday. You are right Brit, once you write the stuff in its pretty easy. Love it!!:thanks:

I will give my totals sometime after dinner tonight!

Kiwi

BrittanyIsAStar
09-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Yeah I agree about the mini goals thing. I find it REALLY helpful:yes: :yes: it's your perogative though.

Yeah Fitday is not perfect by any means but it is the best thing I've come across for me so I think I'll stick with it.

trying to decide or figure out how many calories I should allow myself a day. since I'm not doing WW and don't have the whole points thing workin' for me :D

well I better go I'll post again tonight my lovelies :grouphug:

Kiwi24
09-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Actually, in my research of of finding that same answer i found a web site that said if you currently weigh under 150 you should go for 1200 calories a day.
150-200 is 1400 calories a day. 200-25 1600 a day and over 250 is 1800 per day. This is just for women the men or different. Alittle higher.:lifter:

Kiwi

BrittanyIsAStar
09-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Great thanks!! I think I'll try and do that so 1600 for now and when I get under 200 I'll go for 1400 thanks a LOT :hug: :D :carrot:

momtu2
09-07-2006, 09:25 PM
kiwi: i LOVEthe ww food too! i haven't seen strawberry shortcake tho. 3FC has tons of ww recipes w/the points on them. i made one dinner meal and 1 dessert and they were super tasty. yums!
some low point snacks for you....
rice cakes. the ones i have are 1pt each
rice crispie treats 2pts
a fruit dip: mix fat free cool whip w/fat free/sugar free pudding mix. can't remember the pointage but it's tasty too.
gotta run. kidlet bedtime. will be back to post what i ate.
luv yas!

BrittanyIsAStar
09-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Soo today was pretty good I actually ate less calories than yesterday so:bravo:
to me haha

todays intake was:

Breakfast: a Lean pocket <---- not really a breakfast food but I wanted one haha: 280

Lunch: a small piece of pizza <--- it's all about portion control baby :D : 400

Snack was a bagel with that jammin' swirls cream cheese :drool: 250 and 80

Dinner was a Cod fillet with fresh green beans: 220 and 38
with a little bit of molly butter sprinkles: 5

so my grand total for the day was 1273! not bad if I do say so myself ;)

:woops: I was on the treadmill for 30 minutes today and I am gonna try and workout more but we'll see how it goes :D anyway I hope everyone had a great day today!

weigh in tomorrow mornin'!!!:goodscale

momtu2
09-07-2006, 10:20 PM
ok. i'm back to post my food.:jeno:
b: ww muffin and ww yogurt= 4pts
s: 1 small apple= 1pt
l: fat free hot dogw/fat free cheese (i was out of bread :o ) and 10 baby carrots= 2pts
s: ww ice cream bar= 2pts
s: 3 rice cakes= 3pts
din-dins: catfish w/brown rice and broccoli:drool: = 9pts
s: some berries w/ fruit dip= 2pts
total=23pts!! so i went 1 over...but i worked out so i got some activity points. :carrot:
my work out was 1/2 hr circuit, 10 mins treadmill, stretching and a bizlion crunches!
:goodluck: to everyone tomorrow on the weigh in!! post as soon as you can!!
tracy

RCsMommy
09-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I am so proud of myself today. I had company and I still made good choices about my food. My parents and sister came over to play with the boys!
For breakfast I had 2 eggs with a sprinkle of cheese and some turkey sausage. I also had a cup of coffee. For lunch, I went and picked up McDonald's for my family and I instead made a salad with grilled chicken. I had a handful of cashews for a snack. For dinner, I made spaghetti for them and I made myself a big chicken caesar salad. I had a jello with cool whip tonight, all sugar free. I drank about 48 ounces of water again today. Tomorrow I think I will cut back the caffeine a little bit, I had two cups of coffee and a diet cherry coke. I am still trying to figure out a way to add in exercise! I am a little nervous about the weigh in tomorrow since I only started two days ago so I am not going to expect anything. Good luck to all of you for a drop on the scale!

Jaime

BrittanyIsAStar
09-07-2006, 11:21 PM
great job Jamie and Tracy :bravo: :cp: you both did really good today and Jamie I know it's hard to add working out into you day but it will make you feel better and it's really important. And don't be nervous about weighing in we all just started so it can only get better from here:)

goodnight yall

Kiwi24
09-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Wow! Everyone has done so well today!! Yeah for US!:cheer:

Sweet Dreams Brit

I copied this from my fitday. My total cal. is 913
I'm not hungry or feel starved. I decided when I started that my biggest goal was to eat when I am hungry. So today I guess I wasn't that hungry.

Breakfast 2- mugs Coffee, reg 9
Coffeemate creamer French vanilla 280
Sweet'n Low 0
Banana, raw 93
WW English Egg Muffin 200

Snack 2-Rasperry Rugalah 206

Dinner 2 -Chicken, drumstick, Lemon pepper baked 124
Soft drink, NFS, sugar-free

I drank zero water. I went out this evening and bought some Water. So I'll do better tomorrow. I did 30 min. of resistence training.

Tracy I found the Shortcake at Walmart super center. I had it yesterday. I will have to try your recipes. I'll let you know how they turn out.:high:

I am excited about tomorrow. I really would like to lose at least 3 pounds for the week but I will be happy with one!!:goodscale

So who hasn't checked in yet?! We aren't naming names but we know who you are!!:lol:

Good luck for tomorrow!!:goodluck:

Kiwi

neverland
09-08-2006, 05:09 AM
Hey everyone!! Since I seem to be in a different time zone than the rest of u lot, I just had breakfast, so I thought I'd share this amazing treat I had. (actually I'm having it right now)
Since I'm 'banded', I need protein, because I can't really eat meat. So, after reading Susan Maria Leach's book, I decided to give protein shakes a try. So I bought this huuuuge Isopure protein shake, and did one of the recipes in a blender. I put one banana, 1 teaspoon cocoa, half a teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 cup ice, half a cup of milk and 2 scoops of the protein powder itself. It's really good, so I thought I'd share it in case anyone is looking for a healthy breakfast !!

Kiwi24
09-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Good morning!!! :coffee: I lost 2 pounds!! :encore: I am going to do better this week!:lifter:
I added a new mini goal to my signature!!

Neverland that shake sounds good!:T

Have a great day everyone.
Kiwi

RCsMommy
09-08-2006, 10:15 AM
So, I have weighed in and I had to check the scale twice! I have lost 7 pounds. Now remember that I just had a baby 5 weeks ago and I am breastfeeding so it is probably a lot easier for me to lose weight right now because my metabolism is going crazy plus I have done really well these past two days about no crap and no sugar and no carbs. I am so excited and what a good way to make sure that I keep on this diet! I also am not sure when I last weighed myself, maybe a week ago!

Anyways, 7 lbs gone, only only 12 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight!

Good luck guys for a great day!

momtu2
09-08-2006, 10:21 AM
wow kiwi! that's great!! :cheer: you're on your way!! :carrot:
i won't weigh in until later. i don't have a scale at home (i would be a slave to it and weigh every 10 mins :D ) so i'll weigh after i work out at the gym. i'll post when i get in. wish me luck!
neverland: that shake sounds great! yum!

Kiwi24
09-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Oh my Gosh!!! :yikes: I'm not worthy!:encore: I'm not worthy! :encore:
I am sooo proud of you!:hug:

Good luck Tracy.

Kiwi

momtu2
09-08-2006, 10:35 AM
wow, rc, that's awesome!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: you go girl!!
i lost weight really quickly when i was bf'ing too. then i made the mistake of "oh, i'm bf'ing i can eat whatever i want" and gained all kinds of weight back :o .
anyway, great job!! what an amazing start to keep you motivated!

miltownMandy
09-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Well, I just weighed in... Im down 1lb. Dont think thats really from my new found "diet strength" seeing as though i just started 2 days ago.. but, I'll gladly take it anyways!!!!!!

BrittanyIsAStar
09-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Wow congrats everyone looks like yall are doing GREAT!:bravo: :cp: :grouphug: :woo:

I did pretty well I'm down 1 lb so that would make me 224 not bad since we just started I'm hoping to do a lot better over the weekend though.

Well I'll be back later just wanted to check in with yall!

neverland
09-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Ok!! I suck!!!
I ate a huge lunch. The total of 4 plates of food.
I'm not kidding. 4!!!!!
OK, they were small plates.
And the food was, well, it's called dolma.. it's rice tucked in some leaves. I had like 20 finger sized dolmas. And two meat balls, which are not exactly meatballs since they are fried.
I hate myself.
And I had actual surgery. My stomach is supposed to have been smaller. Not bigger!!
Plus, even right now, I'm not that full!!!!
My family is here, it's my grandmother's birthday, so we are having a party. Very good. I'm completely off the wagon.

BrittanyIsAStar
09-08-2006, 11:56 AM
okay sweetie don't get discouraged it's FINE everyone slips up from time to time just use this as an excuse to get really serious now. :hug: and don't hate yourself we all love ya here.

just get back out there and do your best from here on out. I know you can do it losing weight is HARD but we're all here for you :) :D

have a good rest of the day:hug:

neverland
09-08-2006, 12:14 PM
So, I decided to go with the flow, and set a mini goal!!!
Very mini.
My school reopens ont he 18th, and I want to be 90 kg by then.
My scale is actually broken in the moment, but I'll be living somewhere else next week, so I'll be able to weight again.

Men, the cake is here.
I hate my life sometimes..

miltownMandy
09-08-2006, 12:25 PM
haha... Dont beat yourself up too much.. Im having a horrible craving for a grilled stuffed steak nacho burrito from taco bell... and its only 10:30am... lol

miltownMandy
09-08-2006, 12:34 PM
ok, so Ive been thinking about it, and well, I have some really bad habits that I need to break. So, I think in order to actually succeed this time with the whole, changing my lifestyle thing, I am going to have to take baby steps... otherwise, im doomed to fail again like I have in the past. So, here is my new revised plan.. and you girls better kick my butt if i break them!!!
1. No more soda. Only water and juice..
2. Im trying to quit smoking as well, since, well.. i can no longer breathe half the time! so, this week-well, and next week since this week is over, I am limiting myself to 15 ciggys a day (and this is cutting back from a pack to a little more than a pack a day.. ya gotta start somewhere right?)
3. Im a fast food junkie. Im used to eating some kind of fast food everyday for lunch at work and sometimes stopping for dinner as well, so, for the following week, I am allowed to eat out 3 times... but i still must make healthier choices (3 times is better than 7+ a week)

I know its not the best thing to do, and i kind of feel like im cheating this way.. but I know how I am, and if I just cut all the crap out right away, im doomed. And you have to start somewhere.. so ill just have to wean myself off all the crap.. and cigarettes.. being able to breathe is good haha!

neverland
09-08-2006, 12:36 PM
maybe I shouldn't post further today, at least not what I ate.
Because I just saw the cake, and it's this pineapple cake with light chocolate filling. Truly awesome.

Also, you guys are so lucky that you have all those low fat snacks to munch on. I don't have that! Plus, I am at my parents' house all day, and there's a lot of cooking going on.

But I am maybe lucky because we don't have Taco Bell !!

RCsMommy
09-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Mom2- Yeah, I was losing weight really fast, I lost 20 pounds in four weeks and then I started putting it back on because I said, oh well, I am losing weight and I am still eating whatever I want so I am going for it. When the pounds started to creep back on, that is when I decided that I should take action if I ever want to look good in a bathing suit! So, here I am...

Looks like everyone is doing a great job! Especially after only starting two days ago! Have a great weekend, because remember, we weigh in again on Monday...this will motivate me to watch what I eat this weekend!

Kiwi24
09-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Well good for you Neverland for setting a goal. :carrot: How much is 90kg in Pounds? When do your bands get filled again? Why don't you get WW? I thought that stuff was every where. Maybe you could ask your mom to start cooking the WW receipes!! That way the whole family is involved:carrot:

Mandy congrats on the 1 Pound!!! :cheer: Stay away from Taco Bell!:lol: I think you are on the right track. I am the same way as far as junk food so what I decided to do is whatever I take away I replace with something else. Example:
I LOVE cream filled donuts so I replaced it with WW eclairs. Try changing to something healthier. Coke to diet coke. Now I hate diet drinks but I have tried coke zero and its pretty decent. I don't drink near as much coke and I'm trying to stwitch to water. Switch Chips to popcorn. You see what I'm talking about. That way you don't feel so deprived.

Whatever you choose to do I think its great that you are at least making the effort. :hug:

Kiwi

miltownMandy
09-08-2006, 12:59 PM
yeah.. i know what you mean.. im not a big sweets person.. and i usually dont drink much soda, except for the past month or so.. so i need to stop that.. Im doing ok at home.. i switched to baked lays chips awhile ago and we really dont have much crap food in the house at the moment. I need to go out and buy some more fruit and veggies and some fish or something...I lost some weight a while ago by cutting back on my fast food since, really, thats my biggest problem. It takes me about 2-3 weeks to wean myself off it completely and then im fine. If i just cut it out at this point.. id find myself driving at 1am to taco bell and ordering anything and everything.. so by 9/ 22 I will be eating no more fast food...

neverland
09-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Well, I'm on holiday, that's why I'm with my parents. Plus my mom doesn't cook. I don't cook either. But I guess I will have to, becuz I spent the last year eating Nutella with a whole loaf of bread, and that really didn't work out well!!
I don't live in US, so I don't have weight watchers access :( However, if someone wants to donate me some recipes and such, I am always happy!
I just did my conversions, and 94 kg is 206 pounds, and 90 kg is 198 pounds.
I was 237 pounds when I got banded!

applepie
09-08-2006, 01:03 PM
I think I made it.

Kiwi24
09-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Well I think you have lost a good bit of weight. :goodscale Just because you have bands doesn't mean you don't have the same desires to eat. Sometimes eating is emotional, when you get stressed or upset, so even when you are not hungry you crave to eat. I found out I eat more when my sister is around. :rofl: I am just teasing. My sister is about to join us on this site so I did that for her benefit!!:devil:

Remeber everyone, I am the younger and prettier one:belly:

Kiwi

Kiwi24
09-08-2006, 01:15 PM
And there she is!!
Hi Apple Pie!!!:hug:

applepie
09-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Pay back is tough little sister. You may be younger but I'm MOM's favorite

BrittanyIsAStar
09-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi apple pie :wel3fc:

momtu2
09-08-2006, 02:09 PM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
YAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAY!
i musta been bloated yesterday, cuz i weighed and lost 1.5lbs since yesterday!!! 1lb since last week. so i'm in the 160's!! 169.5. so i really gotta stick w/it! i'm sooooo proud!!!! yayyayayyayayayayayyayayay
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
ok. great job girls!! sounds like we've all lost!!
neverland: call me stupid, but what the heck is banded? :o i missed something somewhere w/that one.
kiwi and the other lady asking about diet soda:i buy A&W'S diet vanilla cream soda. it's so yummy. i drink one a day and it's like desser for me :D. kind of beside the point...but you really don't want to drink your calories away, KWIM? you want to save them for food that is actually going to fill you up. the only time i drink calories is my morning cup of hot tea (my great g'ma was english and i was raised drinking it) that has 1/4 tsp. sugar in it, and then i try to drink 1/2c. skim milk a day too. other then that...water water water. and my one diet soday.
welcome apple pie! great to have you! :hug:
gotta go change my ticker!
i'm on my way to :belly:
tracy

Kiwi24
09-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Congrats Tracy!!:cheer: I am so glad that turned around for you!

You are right about the drinks. Its that FV creamer I put in my coffe. I think I am addicted. I tried the low cal one but its awful. You know I grew up drinking Hot Tea I wonder if I could switch from coffee to Tea with out going bonkers?:dizzy:

neverland
09-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Banded means the lap band surgery, you know, how they make your stomach smaller by an adjustable band...

momtu2
09-08-2006, 03:02 PM
ooohhhh. duh. :o
and it's not working??i thought that was like *fool proof*??

want2behealthy
09-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks Kiwi, for inviting me to join your group:) :) I know how hard it is to try and lose weight!!!

I'm trying to do the treadmill atleast once a day for 30min -45 mins and I haven't decided on a diet plan yet any suggestions anyone. The only problem that I really have is that I need my caffeine:dizzy: if not I go crazy!! So any and all help and suggestions are welcomed.

I weighed in today at 157lbs no change!! :?:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/slider-hearts/lb/160/125/157/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

BrittanyIsAStar
09-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Hey want2beHealthy!! I feel ya girl I'm ADDICTED to diet coke but I've really been tryin' to cut back also I don't know how you feel about black coffee but I've been drinking my coffee like that lately to save on calories:)

As far as a diet a couple people are working on a WW type diet and seeing great results. I personally am just plain old fashioned Calorie counting. by using www.fitday.com trying not to go over 1600 a day but it should probably be 1400 for you since you are smaller than me.

well hope that helped welcome to the team!!:hug:

Wendy6
09-08-2006, 04:00 PM
I didn't weigh in today because I just started yesterday. Okay... okay... I did weigh in, and I went up 2 pounds. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm not changing my starting weight. Hopefully it's just water :)

It's been incredibly busy at work today so I've barely had time to eat. I suppose that's a good thing, but I'm starved now so I need to eat a good dinner so I don't snack all night. I have been drinking my water today, but not as good as yesterday. I've probably had around 60 ounces. I think that's okay, but I want to drink more.

Congrats to Kiwi - 2 pounds is so great :carrot:

Jamie - 7 pounds is so wonderful. No matter how they're coming off... they're still coming off. :carrot: :carrot:

Mandy - 1 pound in 2 days is great. My goal is to lose 1 to 1.5 a week... so you're making it sound easy :carrot:

Brit - you lost a pound too :carrot: I gained... and you lost, so you're doing better than me :)

Neverland - Like Brit said, everyone messes up. Just start again right now... not tomorrow... but now. We all eat too much at times, but we have to stop listening to the voices telling us to eat it :o You can enjoy the party, just have little portions. Have a good rest of the day... you can do it... don't give up :hug:

I think I got everyone. If not, I'm sorry.

Talk to you all tomorrow :grouphug:

Wendy6
09-08-2006, 04:10 PM
I did forget someone... I was only on page 5 when I posted, but there are 7 pages. Wow!

Congratulations Tracy :carrot:

I will be good this weekend, but weekends are hard. We usually go out to a restaurant so I get a night off from cooking. It's hard to pick the healthy things when the alfredo dishes are calling me :tantrum:

I'll try :)

Kiwi24
09-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Welcome want2behealthy The treadmil is great keep it up or you might try speeding it up:woops:

I was trying that Deal a meal but basically I do 1400 calories and track it on fitday like Brit. I got tired of trying to convert to pts and calories. But most of all my receipes and snack stuff is WW but since I don't have a book I just use the calories.

Wendy don't you fret. TOM always causes a weight gain. :D

Kiwi

momtu2
09-08-2006, 04:22 PM
hey wendy. i don't know if you have an Applebees near you, but they have some great healthy choices. i don't knwo what diet you are doing, but they have som ww selections, so those you know are low cal/fat. i love the shrimp skewers!!:hun:
and :bravo: to everyone who lost!!!!!
i'll be MIA this weekend. i somehow let work convince me that working this weekend was a good idea:shrug: don't know what i was thinking.
tracy

Wendy6
09-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Tracy,

I'll be working tomorrow too. What are we thinking :D

Thanks for the Applebees idea. There is one not too far away, but the problem is my husband doesn't need to lose any weight (actually he does, but he doesn't think so), and he goes for the fattening places (Olive Garden, etc.). I'll try to be very good though.

Having this "accountability" group is helping me big time!

Thanks Kiwi... hopefully the weight will come off early next week :)

want2behealthy
09-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks Brit.

You know what I'm trying instead of Diet Coke is the caffeine free Diet Coke instead I don't like coffee it makes me crazy:dizzy: :dizzy: I'm going to try the fitday.com thanks for the suggestion. :)

Kiwi, I am trying to speed up on the treadmill all add a little speed every 5mins:carrot: :carrot: my only problem is I can't let go I'm a klutz which means if I let go all fall!!! I'm also going to try to count calories first and if that doesn't work I might try WW. Thanks for your support guys :hug:

Hope your all having a wonderful day:) :)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-hearts/lb/160/125/157/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Kiwi24
09-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Well I am going to check in now because we have a football game that we are going to so I don't know what time we will be back.

Breakfast - Coffee, regular, NS as to ground 9
Coffeemate creamer French vanilla 280
Soft drink, NFS, sugar-free

Lunch Bacon bits, meatless 62
Cheese, natural, NFS 220
Salad dressing, KRAFT Ranch Dressing 222
Lettuce, looseleaf, raw 20
LOUIS RICH, Chicken Breast Baked 65
Sweet'n Low 0
WW Choc Chip cookie dough Sundae 170
Water 0

Totals 1052

momtu2
09-09-2006, 02:26 AM
hey girls! where is everyone's *what did you eat today* post?! i only saw kiwis!! come on girls!! fess up!! i'm late cuz i worked, but i'm here now!
b:ww muffin and cup of tea
s:apple
l:plain ckn sand
s:ww ice cream bar and 2 rice cakes
dinner is kinda skimped cuz i worked. i had 3 boneless wings w/bourban bbq sauce and some spinach dip w/chips. also had 1 margarita after work! :carrot:
so i don't know my exact points, but since i ran my @$$ off at work i'm not too concerned. plus i worked out today! ok. hopefully i'll be able to check in tomorrow night. working doubles all weeked. :dizzy: ugh. why did i agree to this?!?!

want2behealthy
09-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Good Evening everyone,

Let's see what did I eat today:

Breakfast 1/2 English muffin
Snake Apple
No lunch: to busy
Dinner Tuna on Wheat Bread

I must confuse I fell off the wagon today I had a piece of a Hersheys square with Almonds:mad: :mad: I couldn't help it I'm so stressed out:dizzy: I did work out thought I did 60mins on the treadmill:carrot: :carrot: Tomorrow all just have to workout twice as hard right:carrot:

All check in tomorrow and see how all over you are Have a Great Weekend:hug: :hug:

TamiL
09-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Don't sweat the Hersheys square with Almonds. I have found its only when we deprive ourselves completely that I tend to binge. I work in a bit of candy into my diet or a small peice of something sinful every few days and it doesn't seem to stop my weight loss. Well atleast it didn't until the last month, LOL I blame the slow progress on a new job and a Subway habit I've picked up. Caffeine free diet coke isn't bad. I started drinking that about 2 years ago and now I like it better that the full leaded stuff.
Well good luck to all of you, I really need to jump start my diet now also-I got down to a juniors size 9 and was so happy about that I kind of lost my focus and got a bit diet sloppy. Time to go at it again, Christmas is only 3 short months away and I want to be smaller than my 14 year old daughter and my 23 year old daughter (almost there).

Kiwi24
09-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Hi Tammi :wave: I hope this mieans you are joining us!:hug:

First let me finish the rest of yesterdays food.

Snack - Rasperry Rugalah 103
Dinner- Potatoes, baked, skin, 115
Butter, NFS 204
Sour cream, light 65

That put me to 1539 calories for the day. I went over by 139 calories:stress:

After the game we went to wendy's and I had the potato. But the good news is I drank 3 - 12oz bottles of water yesterday. I am picking it up.:cp:

My husband is off work next week. I eat more when he's around
because he always wants to go out and eat. :devil:
HE'S MY SABOTAGER!:boxing:

By the way if you haven't tried WW cookie dough Sundae. oohh La La!:D
I am such a sugarholic. Its a good thing its now WW stuff. :carrot:

I will check in Monday with ya. Have a great Weekend!!:cheer:

neverland
09-09-2006, 01:13 PM
I just found a scale and discovered that i weigh 92,5, not 94!! I'm so happy!

BrittanyIsAStar
09-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Hey guys,

so sorry I didn't post my food last night. I was on a date with my hubby. and I am sorry to say that I went over my calories :kickcan: but it was a nice date. Okay well I have to go. I just wanted to let you know that I love yall and I'm thinking about you. IM GONNA DO A LOT BETTER TODAY :D

have a great day guys!!!

GlitterTartLovesArt
09-09-2006, 06:38 PM
KIWI24- I would love to join! I have 30lbs to lose- had a similar experience to you, i.e. YIKES. what the f*ck happened to me??!? if u see my previous pic ull see what i mean.. eeeh.. yikes. but we'll do it. :)

Kiwi24
09-10-2006, 04:58 PM
:stress:I can't believe how mad I was :tantrum: :sorry:
Its my hubby's fault :kickcan: :frypan:Okay its mine. :kickbutt: Need I say more?:dunno: :( :lol3:

I told you when he is around he makes me cheat:devil:

We are headed for the beach to spend the night. I'll check in with all of you tomorrow and let you know how mad I really was. I just pray I haven't gained!!:fr:

Kiwi

RCsMommy
09-10-2006, 05:18 PM
My hubby makes me cheat too. I haven't had such a good weekend. We went out on a date last night and I had two drinks and chips with queso...not on the South Beach. Then today I had a piece of cake...not so good! I just hope I haven't gained. My husband will be gone for work for the next 12 days so hopefully I can do really well on my own. I won't have him tempting me. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow's weigh in. Hope everyone else is doing good!

BrittanyIsAStar
09-11-2006, 01:32 AM
So just thought I should check in to let yall know I'm still alive haha :D sorry I've been MIA this weekend although it looks like most of yall have been too I'm nervous about the weigh in tomorrow I'm sure i've gained I've been baddd this weekend.

well only time will tell see ya tomorrow :cool:

neverland
09-11-2006, 03:39 AM
Well, I guess I just can go ahead and weigh in, since it's monday here. I've just been to the doctors, to have my blood tested. :dizzy: I am looking at my cholestrol and other scary stuff. They are supposed to have gone down.

Anyway, I tried their scale and it displayed the scary amount of 205 pounds. Great. :tantrum: I hate scales!! Anyway, I have a lot to lose until monday, so I am giving up sweets, and starting to walk more.

My goal date is approaching!! :bike:

RCsMommy
09-11-2006, 09:59 AM
I gained 2 pounds this weekend, yuck! I know that I was bad so I will be extra good this week so that I can see another loss on Friday! I am also really trying to not drink as much caffeine...I want to only have water after noon. I have to have a little caffeine to function but maybe I will slowly get off of it. Hope you all had a better weekend than I did. Have a great day and let's all remember the one's that were killed on this awful day. Let's also remember the people that are still fighting to make it right.

momtu2
09-11-2006, 11:11 AM
:coffee: good morning ladies! i hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
i will weigh in tomorrow because i don't have a scale at home, and i can't make it to the gym on mondays.
as for my weekend....kinda sucked. i started coming down w/a nasty cold fri night and had to work all weekend. so although ihad a cheeseburger and fries this weekend...i'm not too concerned because it was all i ate all day on sunday and i was on my feet all weekend. i had a totall lack of appetite because of my cold and only ate because i had too.:moo:
:tantrum: i have to go to work today:tantrum: so i probably won't be back on until after the kidlets go to bed tonight.
happy weigh in day!!
tracy

Wendy6
09-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Wow, I guess I'm not the only one whose husband makes them cheat :)

I tried hard this weekend, but when he says "do you want to go out to eat", I can't answer fast enough :) Anytime I don't have to cook, I'm happy with that.... but it's so hard to pick good meals. Anyway.... I lost 1 pound of the 2 that I gained last week, so I guess that's good :)

I feel better though knowing that we all mess up and I'm not alone.

Have a good day everyone and I'll post my food later tonight. I still have lots of water to drink, so I'm off to the caf to get some more.

Wendy

neverland
09-11-2006, 02:14 PM
:carrot: Hi everyone! I've been doing better today!
I had a protein shake for breakfast, 3 meatballs and some spaghetti for lunch, and the same thing for dinner. I had a little bit of watermelon.
But I cheated.. :o I had a chocolate cake. I hate that.... But still, I walked today! About 1 hour!!! And I'm going to walk some more in half an hour!!!
Plus, my hemoglobin a1c is back to normal range! that means I am not going to have diabetes!!!!!
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

BrittanyIsAStar
09-11-2006, 03:14 PM
soooo I gained weight this weekend like I knew I would :mad: :mad: but it's no ones fault but my own. I'm doing good today but I'm bummed that I've right back where I started oh well I'll get there

luv ya ladies!! :)

want2behealthy
09-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Good Morning everyone!!

I hope everyone had a nice productive weekend! As for me my weigh in was disappointing I haven't lost or gained any weight:?: :?: I'm trying to eat healthy I did have that one piece of Hersheys Almond Bar :( :( When my husband is home it's harder to eat smaller portions he loves to cook and you can't say no to him.. I guess I can't blame it on him:smug:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong?? The scale won't move I'm so frustrated I'm walking on the treadmill everyday for 1hr:carrot: :carrot: do you think I should increase my workout should I try a Diet Meal? instead of counting calories please help!!

Anyways I hope everyone has a good productive week. :hug: :hug:

Talk to you all later.:) :)

Wendy6
09-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Tanya,

I know what you mean... I think I'm being good, I exercise (kind of), then I still gain. It is very frustrating. I have been eating healthy things, but not counting the calories. I think I need to start counting, just to make sure.

You say you're walking on the treadmill. How many calories are you eating a day? Maybe you need to change your workout routine. They say that your body get used to the same routine and your metabolism slows down again. For every 3500 calories that you eat less, or burn, you lose a pound... so hang in there :) it will work.

Wendy6
09-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Something else to throw out at everyone.... how can you break that vicious circle of wanting to lose weight, but then you look at yourself and see a fat person and get depressed and mad at yourself, then you eat the "comfort foods" to feel better.

I have some days like this, then other times I'm really good and try hard to lose the weight, then it doesn't come off, or I gain, and I'm right back at being upset at myself again.

Does anyone else have these days? If so, how do you deal with it?

Thanks,
Wendy

want2behealthy
09-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi Wendy6

I think I'm probably eating around 1000 to 1200 calories do you think I should reduce them??? Do you think that I should add another hour to my workout :carrot: :carrot: or add maybe weights or a DVD :?: :?: Any suggestions out there??

Wendy6 I know that feeling when you look in the mirror and you feel that you look the same and you feel that no matter what you do or don't do it's never going to change:( :( You know until now I've always kept those feelings to myself no one else seems to understand.

I'm glad for this support group:hug: :hug:

momtu2
09-11-2006, 10:38 PM
hi ladies!
it seems we keep losing people!! kiwi, where are you girl? it's weigh in day! :D
want2be: my sister is a personal trainer, and she says alot of times when people plateu it's because they need to add MORE calories. sounds crazy, but your body may be holding on to every ounce if it doesn't think it's getting enough. also you may need to tweak your workout. your body gets used to it and then it's not as effective. maybe add some weights to it?
i'll be on tomorrow w/my weigh in!!
tracy

Wendy6
09-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Tanya,

I was going to say the same thing that Tracy did... add calories for a few days and/or change your workout routine. Your body does get used to what you're doing and I think it sometimes goes into a "starvation-type" mode where it hangs onto whatever you give it, just to survive.

It is very hard sometimes to keep on trying when you look at yourself and see someone that you don't like. I want the stomach roll gone, and the butt smaller overnight :) I know that I have to work for it to be gone, but it's hard to get going. After it starts coming off, it will get easier... I know that. I'm just very impatient I guess :)

Have a good day everyone (wherever everyone is). Come on everyone... where are you :)

momtu2
09-12-2006, 01:33 PM
where is everyone?? boy this slowed down quick!!

Kiwi24
09-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi I back!!:wave:

It was wonderful on the beach!! :beach: The weather was great. I haven't read what everyone wrote but I'll catch up. I see we got moved. That's cool. Did everyone find us?

I will give you my Official weight tomorrow since I always weigh mornings. I weighed myself when I got home and I was 198 but its 4 PM and I have jeans and clothes on and you know you always weigh heavier in the evening. :joker:

Well, I'll catch up reading and write later

Kiwi

Kiwi24
09-12-2006, 07:37 PM
I think some people are missing because we got moved and maybe they don't see us. :mag: They will figure it out. :chin:

Well, it doesn't look like things were too bad for everyone over the
weekend. :nose: But truthfully, It could have been alot worse. :corn: Just knowing I was weighing in again kept me under some type of control.:nono:

I hope you are feeling better Momtu2, :hug: The up side is you probably lost some more weight. :goodscale

Its harder with my husband being off this week. I eat more and I'm gone more.:cofdate:

I also started a myspace website that some people talked me into. I am playing with it. :comp: Trying to get it to look cute. It looks wierd. I am going to have to get Heather over to help me figure out some stuff with it. But its fun playing with it.

See ya
Kiwi

want2behealthy
09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Where did we go they moved us didn't they:dizzy: :dizzy: I hope everyone is doing better then me I'm stuck on this weight and I'm taking everyones advice I'm going to add more calories I just feel guilty when I do!! I'm also going to try to work out twice a day maybe once in the early morning and once in the evening what do you all think about that do you think it might work:carrot: :carrot: My hubby goes back to work tomorrow so I can eat what I want without him saying that it's to little:mad:

So was I on the wrong web site where did we go:dizzy: :dizzy:

Wendy6
09-12-2006, 08:25 PM
I didn't even know that we moved. I subscribed to the thread, so I just find it in my subscription list.

I did really good today, but I always think that :) I'm starting to count calories again. Even though I think I'm eating healthy, I may be going over the 1200 - 1500 that I want to eat. If I can just stay under 1500, that's 1000 less a day than I need for my weight... so I'll lose 2 pounds a week :) I can live with that!!!!

I agree with you Kiwi... knowing that I'm weighing in does help. If I'm "free" and I don't have to tell anyone what I lost/gained, then my self control is so much worse.

Good luck everyone, and have a good night :)
Wendy

Kiwi24
09-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Good Morning!!:coffee2: Its a beautiful day! :hug:

I weighed myself. Suprisingly, I didn't gain. I was back down to 195:carrot:
Actually, it said 194 but I kept fiddling with the scales and moving it around the bathroom that I feel it told me what I wanted to see. :rofl: I am going to make a scale one day that when you step on it, it yells, "GET OFF GET OFF" or starts laughing and says "try again". :lol3:

Anyway, Hubby is still home on vacation until Monday so I am going to really watch myself today. To tell the truth I think I gain more weight because of church. Sunday Mornings we always have donuts.( ohhh creme filled) We don't have Church services on Sunday night so we tend to go out and eat and then on Wed our church has a Buffet meal. Its different each week.
So between hubby and my church I am going to have to get
really serious. :carrot:

Everyone have a great day!

Kiwi

Kiwi24
09-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Hey, I got my myspace up and running. :comp: Take a look at it and tell me what you think. :encore: I wanted something that gave my name Kiwi so I found a back ground that says Kiwi but its about a shoe. :?: (that's the name of the shoe.):D

Anyway,I want to put pictures etc on it but I don't know how so Heather is coming over later to help me.

But tell me what you think. Leave me a message that you dropped by.

Its myspace.com/kiwi1024

So far today I have had 2 cups of coffee. There is no point in bombarding you with everything I had this past weekend so I will start again today.

Hey, Momtu2, how you feeling? Did you weigh in today or are you still sick?

want2behealthy, I think our group was considered a support group now so they moved us there instead of introductions. (i noticed they changed that title too)

Kiwi

RCsMommy
09-13-2006, 11:53 AM
I have been bad the past few days so I guess that is why I haven't been around much...guilt! I am going to try again today. Uhhh, such a long journey...why did I have to let myself get here? Anyways, it feels like when one part of my life starts to go good...like I was eating healthy and doing good and then other parts of my life start to cave in forcing me to choose food to comfort me. This has got to be a psychological problem, I mean why can't I find comfort in friends and family or going for a walk with my kids?! I guess I will have to just try harder to find comfort in those things, change my habits. Thanks for being here and knowing what I am going through. Hope everyone else has a great day!

Kiwi24
09-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Jaime, I hear what you are saying:hug: I am a emotional eater too.:( I would give you answers to help but hey, I have a weight problem too so I don't have the answers. The crazy thing is I love my life. I just think I'm bored when I am home alone so I eat when I'm not hungry. When family is home we go out and eat. When was the last time you actually heard your stomach groal?
I'm not sure I remember.
Oh and I looooove sweets. Creme filled sweets!!:devil: It really helps to write things down. Maybe you should write the time also. That way you can figure what is triggering you to eat.

We'll get through it just stick with this and don't stop writting just because you feel guilty. That's when you need us the most.:hug: When you are doing great then we need you to motivate us!

Kiwi

momtu2
09-13-2006, 03:50 PM
jaime: :hug: i haven't been doing so well eating either!! but as long as you are working out, you WILL loose something! i am also a comfort eater. feel sad...food feels good. but like kiwi, i also love my life. i couldn't ask for anything more!
kiwi:i'm going to request you as a friend on myspace, so when you someone you odn't know, it's me!! my name is shot of reality, and it's my family pic that you will see. i am feeling much better. playing hooky from work tonight cuz, well, it's really rainy and icky and i missed my kids soooo much this weekend!! i worked more this weekend then i usually work in 2wks!!
but tonight, i will be on (if it's not storming) to post my food!!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for everyone!'
tracy

Wendy6
09-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Tracy, Kiwi, and Jaime... I too am a comfort eater. It's what I grew up with.

Had a bad day... eat a cookie to feel better. Kids made fun of you... eat some ice cream. If you're stressed.... have a candy bar. It's a very hard habit to break!!!

What I'm trying to do now is when I go for the comfort foods... only have a bite or two and then destroy the rest of it before I eat it. This way I'm getting a taste, my brain thinks it's happy, and I don't eat all of the calories. It doesn't work all of the time, but most of the time. Hang in there... we'll do this together :)

Kiwi - I'll check your myspace later tonight.

Have a good night everyone :)

Wendy

momtu2
09-13-2006, 10:29 PM
c'mon ladies fess up!!! i did awwwwwffffuuuuulllllll in every way. but i'll spill it. and then it's your turn!
1 ww muffin
5 mini york peppermint patties
3 pieces of frozen pizza
eeeeeekkkkkk...so i didn't eat much, but i ate nothing but junk! somebody stop me!!!:dizzy: :moo: :ink: :nono: :cbg: :cookie: :jeno: :cheese:

Kiwi24
09-14-2006, 01:26 AM
okay you got the first half here is the rest.

1 hot dog on a bun with onions. Diet coke and 2 bites of some time of marshmellow thing. i'm not sure what it was:corn: but I know i shouldn't have.
other than that i was okay tonight!:carrot: I don't know my calorie count though.

So how about everyone else? 2 more days left. Who is going to drop in
pounds?:carrot:

kiwi

Kiwi24
09-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Good morning:coffee:

one more day to weigh in. For everyone who cheated all week you have one more day to turn it around.:carrot: I guess that means me. Today inspite of my hubby wanting to go out and eat breakfast I will not cheat today!!:nono:

Tracy I love your web page. I am still playing with mine. I love the back ground on my web I found it on google. I don't know if you saw the shoe back ground I had :cp: but this one is so much better.

Heather talked me into making it private so people had to ask "to be my friend' to visit so I hope it wasn't too much trouble. I like being able to snoop around like 3FC lets you do.:mag: Anyway thanks for dropping by.:wave:

I had a idea. I don't know if it will work but its worth a shot. Lets start a internet exercising class. :comp: :coach: :woops: Lets pick a time each day or whatever and sign in so we know who is doing it then we put in our tapes or get on our bikes and exercise. When we are done we sign back in to let each other know.
What do you think? Give me your feed back.

Who is interested?:listen:

Kiwi

momtu2
09-14-2006, 02:59 PM
i didn't see the shoe one! it was kiwi's when i saw your page! it's cute, tho!!\

yeah, i'm totally on track today with the dreaded weigh in tomorrow. eeeekkk.

i would love to do online exercising, but my time varies daily. i go in the mornings as soon as my little guy wakes upf rom his nap. usually 930-10, but it depends on how early he wakes up.
well, i'll be back later to give ya'll the what i ate today post!

Kiwi24
09-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Well , so far today I have had 2 cups of coffee then later this morning I had a hot dog for breakfast/no bread and diet coke. the for lunch I had a hot dog with a bun/diet coke. Snack has been peanuts and now a diet coke.

Wendy6
09-14-2006, 08:26 PM
I did pretty good today... 1/2 wheat bagel with egg and cheese for breakfast, protein bar for a snack, light bread with chicken salad for lunch, and then I blew it (kind of)... I had a small coffee coolata on the way home from work. I had a very stressful day and it sounded better than a donut :)
I had a South Beach Diet pizza for dinner, and I'll probably have 1/2 cup of Edy's light ice cream for a snack. I didn't count the calories, but I think I'm still under 1500.

I'll weigh in tomorrow and I really, really hope that I lost the other pound that I gained last week :)

Have a good night everyone
Wendy

momtu2
09-14-2006, 09:42 PM
i've done well today.
breakfast: 1 waffle and rice cake
lunch: homeade quesadillas, corn tortillas, lean turket, and fat free cheese.
din dins: spaghetti w/wheat pasta.
but i'm going to DQ here in a min. for blizzards. :o i really want one. i'm hoping they have pumpking pie out. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

ETA: forgot to add i've been working out all week, and i'll do some extra crunches tonight to make up for that blizzard (yeah, cuz that's gonna help!)

want2behealthy
09-15-2006, 01:20 AM
Good evening everyone:) :)

For starters I wasn't very good today I didn't eat anything all day till dinner time I had:

Steamed White Rice with Brocolli over Beef, and a diet coke for snake I had Right Bites Shortbread Cookies 100 calories 3g of fat:) I did work out today though I walked on the treadmill:carrot: :carrot: I increased it every 10mins so I can push myself and my legs were aching:dizzy:

Weigh in is tomorrow I hope I see a difference:dizzy:

I hope everyone else had a good day :hug: :hug:

Nighty Night Tanya;)

Wendy6
09-15-2006, 08:55 AM
well, this really stinks! I gained back the pound that I lost earlier this week, so now I'm still up 2 pounds from when I started. What am I doing wrong!!!!! This gets so much harder when you get older. When I was in my 20's I could lose 5 pounds in a week.... now I can't even lose one.

I'm going to get more serious this week with counting the calories. I think I'm doing okay, but something isn't working. I haven't been exercising at all either. Work is crazy (10 or 11 hour days), so I'm exhauted at night. I know it's an excuse, but I can only fit so much into one day :) Maybe I should start exercising in the morning before work??

How did everyone else do today?

Wendy

momtu2
09-15-2006, 01:00 PM
hey girls!! how did ya'lls weigh in go today??
i lost 1.5 lbs!! down from 169.5 to 168!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: i am solid in the 160's now!!! so much better then the 180's i started at!!
wendy: are you eating enough calories?? sometimes if you don't eat enough then your body holds on to every little thing. also, i'm only weighing once a week because if i weigh twice the scale is up and down. and i prefer to keep it down;) . :hug: keep at it. it'll happen for you! have faith!!

:hug: to all. and get outta bed and post your weigh in!!
tracy

Kiwi24
09-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Good morning,:coffee2:
Well i lost a pound!! :cheer: 194 now. I think I am going to go get me another scale today. Digital. Bigger numbers. :mag: Hopefully it wont change my pounds. :?:
I really don't trust my old scales. Sometimes i think i should have lost other times I can't believe it dropped. plus depending on where i put it in the bathroom it shows different weights. I hate that. My floor is even so i don't understand what's up with that.

Today I am going to buy some grogeries. More weight watcher stuff.

Wendy, it is different as we get older. Everything slows down. :rolleyes: I think I am older than you and I know it has been harder for me these last few years to keep the weight off. :stress: I think that is why its important to exercise, although i am not, it boost our motabilism and helps us mentally. :carrot: It will come off hang in there.:hug:

Tracy, Congrats on the Weight loss!!:encore: By the way the kids you saw are my Grand kids not my kids. :bb: But that's okay because I am reallllly young in mind and body.:dancer:

Tanya you are doing great on the exercise, I need to follow suit! :ebike: I hope the scales drop for you!:goodscale

Kiwi

momtu2
09-15-2006, 04:48 PM
kiwi:congrats on the weight loss!! a pound is a pound, right?! i wouldn't stress too much on the scales. you could get on a scale, weigh, get off and immediately weigh again and it will be different. could be how you are standing on it, KWIM? if you have some hand weights at home you could put one on there and see if your scale is accurate.
i'm sorry! i totally didn't know those were your grandkids!! they are gorgeous anyway!!
anyways. i'm 27 so i don't know much about metabolism slowing down (yet) but the ladies at my gym (the owners are all in their 50's) all told me to get things under control now. that it gets so much harder to loose as you age. so maybe, wendy, you have to throw some exercise in your day?
just a thought!
have a great day ladies!

want2behealthy
09-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Good Afternoon everyone:) :

The big weigh in I am terrified of the scale:goodscale but I got on there and it read 155lbs :) :) Finally after 2 weeks of no change I just don't understand I think that I ate less this week and yes cheated once:cookie: do you think that those cravings well ever go away??? I'm afraid if I only do cardio and no weights that my body is going to get flabby and things that didn't hang are going to:fr: :fr: The older we get the harder we have to work!! I just don't know what DVD to do to get the best impact:lifter:

Wendy think positive this week it'll be better you'll look at that scale and see more then a pound gone you're working very hard at work:dizzy: don't beat yourself up about it it'll happen:) :)

Congrats Tracy on your weight lose!

Congrats Kiwi on losing that pound:)

My scale does the same thing it depends where in the kitchen it is and it reads differently also before and after I work out there is a difference in my weight I weigh less after does that make any sense:?: Does WW work better then counting calories?? Anyways I'm sorry its long today all check in later:hug: I hope you all have a great day:hug: :hug: Tanya

Kiwi24
09-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Yeah for Tanya!!!:encore: :cheer: That is really awesome.

I bought my scales today. Digital big numbers! :goodscale Yikes!! :fr: I'll weigh in the morning again and see if that looks better. :rolleyes:

I am actually in my 40's but not mentally. I'm not old trying to be young. I think that if I wasn't told I'm old I wouldn't know it yet. I actually don't know anyone my age that thinks like me. Everyone I hang around with are in there late 20's or 30's. But with all this weight on me I really am starting to feel and look old. I can't do the things I used to with out all the aches and pains but I think that's my weight not my age.

Enough of that! I dream of the day when I am back in a 8. :belly: OH YEAH! Well, I have a football game to go to so I will catch you later!!:wave:

Kiwi

Kiwi24
09-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Hi everyone, :wave:

I guess i am starting over on my diet. :( Here is why. I bought a new scale and i believe it is very accurate, as much as it kills me to say it,:rolleyes: and it disagrees with my old scales a great deal.:fr:

I can't believe this. :stress: How in the heck did I gain all this weight and NO ONE say "hey you are putting on weight" :gossip:

Crying out loud. Okay here is the truth. The new scales say I am 201.6 OOH MAN!:tantrum:
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! :sp:

So before I can ever live my vision of being a size 8 I need to stand in the truth of who I am. :soap: That would be a 5 foot fat chick.:faint:

So now that I am standing in the truth I declare this day I will be a size 8 (well maybe a 10):rofl:

Seriously, I will not give up until I achieve my goal. Please be my friends and don't let me give up. :grouphug: I really don't want to be this size. I need some help.:hug:

Thanks
Kiwi

momtu2
09-16-2006, 08:10 PM
:hug: to you kiwi!!
sorry to hear the old scales were lying to you. but we are all here for you. we are all in the same boat. we all saw something we couldn't believe. and we are all going through the same journey. so anytime you need to vent, cry, cyber gorge so you don't do it in real life, here we are!!!
on the bright side...now you know the truth and you sound all the more motivated to get to your goal.
you CAN and WILL do this!! if you start slacking i'm here to give you a swift kick in the you know what until you get back on track! :hug:

so...i did really well eating yesterday. i went out to dinner and cocktails w/a friend and even made *ok* choices. i ate all of my salad. 1/2 of my dinner. i also had 2 glasses of wine, and 2 tall beers. and learned the hard way that i can't drink like i used too! :dizzy: so i forced my hungover self to go work out this morning. and i'm on track today too.
hope you all have a good weekend.

want2behealthy
09-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Hi everyone:)

Kiwi: like momtu2,, said we are all here for you:hug: :hug: we are all in the same situation!! Atleast now you know the truth and you can focus on losing the weight with your determination and will power you'll do it:dust: :) Just remember your not alone :hug: and if you want to vent or :censored: That's what were here for to listen to you:listen: the way you listen to us!!:listen:

You know you bringing up the scale makes me wonder if my scale isn't doing the same thing:goodscale?:yikes:

You well be a size 8 maybe even a size 7:belly: why not you can do anything! and listen you and I are both 5 feet tall I don't think I'm 5'1 so I understand you better then anyone else:o

We are your friends and given up is not an option we all need help and ideas on working out :carrot: and eating right and living healthy!!

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend all update later on what I ate.

Momtu2: I hope you feel better:sorry: I'm glad that you got up and worked out and your on track:yes:

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Kiwi24
09-17-2006, 01:46 AM
Hi everyone,:wave:
Thanks for all the encouragement. That why I come here and its great knowing you are here with me. :grouphug: I will do it.:thanks:

Today I had:
Brkfst..1/2 english muffin with jam and 1/2 glass of milk, 2 cups of coffee

Lunch ..was light I wasn't really hungry so I had slices of baked chicked with a diet pepsi

Snack was 55 pcs. of gold fish crackers. They are 100 and something calories per 55 crackers. So I bought a box and divided them out into ziploc bags. Now i can just reach in the box and pull out a bag. They are very satisfying and filling.

Dinner was 1 baked potato with cheese and butter. I had a sherbert cup that was 90 calories. I also had water.

I think I did well. :carrot: I really need to cut back like I think I did today. I still want to try to work hard for my Sept. goal.

Thanks again everyone and good luck on the rest of the weekend!:goodluck:

Kiwi

Love ya
Kiwi

momtu2
09-17-2006, 06:59 PM
ah!!:rolleyes: we got pushed to page 2!!! i had to post to fix trhat!! where did all our girls go?! c'mon back ladies!!!
so. what i did today. did pretty well eating. went through my drawers/closet and packed up a TON of clothes. all stuff that was pre-preggy. i'm donating it to good will. it doesn't fit anymore. i KNOW that it will again, but to be honest, it's stuff i WON'T wear again. i mean, a 27 y/o mommy of 2 should not be wearing a shirt w/casper the friendly ghost on it!!:rofl: so it felt good to get rid of the *kid* clothes to make room for the new wardrobe i'll be buying at the end of the year. :carrot:
well. dh just got home from paintball weekend. i'll be back later!
luv you girls!

Kiwi24
09-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi,:cp:

Today was a better day. :bravo: Since my scales include ounces it was nice seeing them go down a few.

I didn't have ANY donuts today at church, :carrot: even though I didn't have time for breakfast.
For lunch we came home and grilled outdoors bratswurst with
peppers and onions.:flame: umm umm good!!:cbg:

I have really started to like diet pepsi. I tasted a regular coke and about gagged because it was soooo sweet tasting. :yikes:

I'll write later

Kiwi

want2behealthy
09-17-2006, 09:19 PM
:wave: Hi

Actually I haven't really been eating breakfast I don't get hungry :hungry: I have a small snack for lunch and then dinner, maybe that's why I'm not losing much weight?? I did work out I did one hr in the morning and another hr in the afternoon:tread: I have to figure out some type of weight:lifter: if not things are going to start to hang:yikes: so please help??

all fill u in later about dinner I'm glad everyone else is having a good day:)

Kiwi24
09-18-2006, 01:57 AM
I did really good we went to Sonics this evening and I had a Diet Cherry Limade!
I ate a Bratswaust with no Bread. that's it no cheating. I can't wait until morning to see how I did on my scales.

I won't be able to check in until later becaues I am leaving out about 7:45 am so I will write when I get back

Kiwi

scalewatcher
09-18-2006, 08:37 AM
;) I am in, tell me what to do. I need to loose 41 more pounds. I could use pointers.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10708;69;0;1/c/201/t/160/s/220/k/4010/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Kiwi24
09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Great and welcome, Scalewatcher:wel3fc:

Basically, We weigh in everyone Friday and Monday.:goodscale Friday because its the end of the work week and Monday because we want accountability for the weekend.:hungry: We tell each other what we have eaten each day. Or as often as you can during the week. :comp: That's it.

We are on different diets but same goal. "GET THE WEIGHT OFF"

Our committment to each other to encourage and listen as we go through our challenges together is a great motivation to me. Awe Group hug:grouphug:

I didn't gain over the weekend. :carrot: I actually, lost a couple of ounces. So at least I'm seeing something move. Oh Yeah!

Talk to ya later

Kiwi

want2behealthy
09-18-2006, 02:58 PM
:welcome3: scalewatcher! and Happy Monday to everyone:wave:

K.. I weighed in no change so this week I have to see what I do to change that, so please some advice on weight training:workout: ????

Oh yeah yesterday for dinner I had to slices of pizza:jeno: :jeno: I know but I couldn' help it I hadn't had pizza in so long. But today I'm going shopping for fruit!!!

Kiwi good for you see you've lost ounces:D

All talk to youall later:hug: :hug:

momtu2
09-18-2006, 10:20 PM
:welcome2: scalewatcher!! this is a great bunch of ladies!!

ok. i'm usually really upbeat and gung ho, but not today. i have to be honest. i'm tired of eating all the healthy food. i want donuts. i want french fries. i want cheeseburgers. i KNOW i can lose 2.5lbs a week. i've done it. twice. by staying strict on my points and working out. i'm still working out...but not so much with my points. so i'm losing about 1.5lbs a week. still good. but not good enough. i think i need a kick in the :censored:. i don't know why i'm not doing this the last few days.
dh is NO help whatsoever. he constantly complains about how he's put on weight (he has, but it doesn't bother me at all). what does bother me is how he complains about having no energy. he gets plenty of sleep. but he sits at a desk all day, and has a 2hr commute each way. so he gets no exercise. and no matter what i tell him he doens't want to do anything about it. he calls on his way home to tell me he's stopping at DQ. agh! it's just so hard to resist.
help!! i need some motivation! i've lost 14lbs and i feel great, but i want more! i need more. i'm still overweight for my height.
i'm sorry to vent at you guys. but i need someone to slap my hand when i go for a cookie!
tia. i know you girls will be great.:grouphug:
tracy

want2behealthy
09-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Tracy first of all let me give you :bravo: for losing 14lbs!! I know the feeling of wanting everything that isn't good for us to eat, and my husband doesn't help either because he loves to cook!!! Yesterday he brought home fresh donuts and the smell was killing me:dizzy: You're working :carrot: hard!! So your having a few days off it's ok we've all had them:) So vent and let it all out :censored: That's what were all here for :hug: Just keep thinking how good you look and feel :belly: K, you need a slap in the hand how is this :frypan: There now cheer :) tomorrow is another day and it well be better. :hug:

Kiwi24
09-18-2006, 11:53 PM
Tracy, you have been doing so good on your diet.:carrot: Stop beating yourself up. :frypan: LET ME DO IT!! :rofl: 1 pound is better than none. If you were at a Plateau you would be longing to get at least 1 pound a week.:dunno:

But try to keep something in mind. It takes about 2 days for you to see on the scales the results of cheating. :fr: Believe me I know. Its not worth it.

All that work you have done and the consistent weight loss:bravo: (regardless of the amount)

If you are craving something sweet Go to sonics and get a diet slush. Whatever it is that you enjoy, like Ice cream, MAKE IT DIET. Low fat ice cream. Its better than benging on something that you are going to hate yourself for later. :tantrum: And you know you will hate yourself later if you gain because of a momentary weakness. :shrug:

You inspire me so DON'T DO IT!!:nono:

want2behealthy I like the bands. :lifter: I work out with them and it feels really good. I'd like to get a Exercise DVD that included Bands. I just don't do them enough. As for the Pizza? :jeno: I hope you enjoyed it because you are not allowed to have anymore until you lose at least 10 pounds. :kickbutt:

Actually, my hope is that MAYBE it shocked your body and you may start seeing your scale drop. It really does happen. But you are not allowed to do it again.:nono: :hug:

Okay I did good today I think. No time for B/F but I had a Baked Potato w/cheese and butter for lunch.(everything low fat) For dinner I Slow cooked a roast with Veg so I had that and then for dessert I had WW strawberry shortcake. If my scales don't drop then I will go back to B/F and lose the Potato.:D

Kiwi

want2behealthy
09-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Kiwi :cp: your doing so good I think that I need some of your motivation and positiviness :goodvibes

You know what's worse I didn't enjoy it I felt so guilty :sorry: after that I felt sick:barf: I don't know what to do Kiwi, I'm stressing :stress: I hate not seeing the scale go down, I DON'T know what else to do from the working out and trying to eat healthy! Cut calories how many more should I cut out I think I'm probably eating between 1000, 1200 I know be patient and you'll see results :tantrum: but when you don't see results it hurts:cry:

k sorry I vented maybe all just eat fruit this week?

Kiwi24
09-19-2006, 02:43 AM
I believe you said you don't eat Breakfast. Try WW english muffins. Very good and filling.:cbg:
I understand eating Breakfast will boost your Motabilism.:hyper: sounds like it needs a boost. You are doing great with the exercise. Its bound to come off. Remember muscles weigh more than fat so its harder to lose when you are exercising but its bound to happen so hang in there.:cheer:

Kiwi

want2behealthy
09-19-2006, 02:57 AM
Maybe all do that eat breakfast and see if that makes a difference. All do anything to see it go down. Thanks for the suggestions.

All check in with all of you tomorrow.:hug:

scalewatcher
09-19-2006, 07:23 AM
:dizzy:Good Morning TO ALL. Thanks for the great:welcome: .
I think that eating breakfast is the right thing to do it gets your metabolisim :carrot: started for the day. I used to never eat until lunch, because I wasn't hungry and then once I started eating...I didn't want to stop:devil:. But now eating breakfast I really don't get hungry :hungry:and have trouble eating all my points :spin: for the day. :hug:

neverland
09-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Hi everyone! I'm back!! Do you remember me?
I lost almost 9 pounds!!
YAy for me :))

momtu2
09-19-2006, 09:33 AM
thanks you guys!!! you are the best!!! you guys are so right. we all have off days. but it's hard to get back on once you go off, kwim? but i'm back now. today is a new day. i'm going to the grocery store at some point. pickings are slim around here today.:yikes: and i WILL track my food, stay in points and :workout: :tread: :barbell: today!
want2behealthy:i definately think you should try eating breakfast. kiwi is right. it jump starts your metabolism and should help. as far as your calories...i KNOW you sho uldn't go under 1000, but maybe you could do some research to find out what you SHOULD be eating for your height/weight. in fact i'll google it today if i get a chance. maybe 1000 isn't enough? i really don't know. the weight will come off! i know you can do it! :hug:
:welcome3: back neverland!! we missed you!! :hug:
9lbs is great!!! how'd you do it girl?
ok. i'll be in later to check in!
love you all!
tracy

Kiwi24
09-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Congrats Neverland!!!:high: How exciting!! Its nice to see you back. :mag:

want2behealthy, I agree with scalewatcher, I used to compain that if I ate breakfast I was hungry all day long but actually, when I eat breakfast I think it boost my metab. :hyper: and I have more energy. Besides your name says "want2behealthy" so eating breakfast is healthy so you have to do it. ;) Also, I agree with Momtu2, you need more calories. I think for your current weight yu should be eating 1400 calories. If you eat less, your body thinks its starving and will start hanging on to the fat.

Momtu2, Its great to hear you pulled through the temptation trial:devil: . I thought of something else last night about your husband. Men's metab. is so different than women. They can put it on but it seems easier for them to get it off. So we can't get away with what they seem too. :eating2:

Well, i weighed this morning and was VERY excited about the scales! :D I'm not changing anything until Friday because I know how scales go up and down. As a matter of fact, I was soooo excited that they dropped that much. I wouldn't get back on to see if it was correct!! :rofl:

Talk to you later

Kiwi

Kiwi24
09-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Okay so far today I have had B/F 1 WW English egg muffin. (that thing is good)
For lunch I had a home made grilled chicken salad. It was good but it didn't sit well. I think it was to much chicken. I have had water and D/Pepsi. You know I can't even drink a regular coke now. Ugggh!

Heather and I Instant Message each other at night and on the IM we have games. So we played Chess last night until late. I won!! :high: Its funny playing games with someone over the computer. She has a Mic so I can hear her talking to me. Its funny.

Anyway, its raining around here:rain: and I am bored and don't feel like cleaning yet. :yawn: So I thought I would write a few lines before I force myself to clean. I guess I could go exercise.:rofl:

Kiwi

momtu2
09-19-2006, 03:11 PM
want2behealthy:kiwi is right. you should be eating about 1400 calories a day. and about.com says NEVER under 1200 w/o a dr's orders. so i think you've plateued because you aren't eating enough. also remember if you are working out you need to eat a little more. :hug: it will happen for you!!!
so far today i'm doing *ok*. slowly getting back on the wagon!! can't grocery shop until after nap time (the kids not mine!:p ) so i've been making do w/what i have around here. but i put in a great workout and upped my intensity a bit too.
luv ya gals!
tracy

want2behealthy
09-19-2006, 03:18 PM
:welcome2: back Neverland! and I have the same question momtu2 has how did you do it!!!

Your all right :gossip: I am going to start eating breakfast to see if that changes anything hopefully it well:crossed:

Kiwi can I buy the WW breakfast/snakes even if I'm not a member on line? I've looked for them at the grocery stores and haven't found them??

Kiwi24
09-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Weight Watchers is under the name of "SMART ONES" You can find them in the frozen department at walmart or any grogery store. I love their breakfast and snack food. Try the Eclairs. :whoo: ooooohhhh!!! I looooove snacking:corn: ......Obviously, since I weigh the most of all of you. But that's okay, I see myself in a size 8 :belly: wearing something classy!!

Kiwi

momtu2
09-19-2006, 10:32 PM
hi girls!!
so i've ended up my day pretty well. i only ended up eating 1/2 my dinner cuz my MIL called while i had my 2y/o on the potty, my 9mos old in the high chair and i was cooking my dinner. so it got burned:dizzy:. we had soup and grilled cheese. sounds bad, but i used the healthy choice soup and *i can't believe it's not butter* spray and fat free cheese. and i burned one side of my bread so i only ate half. lol! so not bad. it's nasty cold round here so i'm going to have some tea and possibly to low fat oreos before bed time.
want2be: you can find WW food at most grocery stores, and like kiwi said, wal mart. just look for stuff with the WW logo on it. they have muffins, snacks, ice cream (these are soooo good), english muffins, bagels, yogurt, fruit smoothie things. it's all yummy too. i especially love the chocolate muffins adn the ice cream sandwiches. also, those 100cal snack packs (not WW) are great and low in calories and points.
ya'll have a great night.

want2behealthy
09-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Good Evening everyone:hug:

I hope everyone had a good day!:) :) Thanks Kiwi all look for the snacks and the breakfast items, and all try the Eclairs:yes: I'm sorry momtu2 that you only got to eat half your dinner, You know I'm so weak when it comes to chocolate it's like I can't see or hear anything:T if they only made fat free suger free!! Anyways I did work out though:carrot: I did an hr in the morning and an hr in the evening:tread: it's hard when hubby is home though he complains about it:cry: I wish he understood.

talk to you all tomorrow, tanya:hug:

Kiwi24
09-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Good Morning,:coffee2:

Tracy I can't believe its Cold where you are at! We are still swimming and enjoying the beaches around these parts. :sunny:

Sorry I was MIA last night. I was so tired for some reason so after Dinner I went to bed. Worst time to go to bed I know but I got in some exercise before I actually closed my eyes.:o

Dinner consisted of Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice and Egg Roll ( hubby brought home dinner:lucky: ) I only ate a small potion of all because I wasn't sure how to count the calories. :carrot:

When I had picked up my Kindergardener, (grandchild) we went to Sonics for a milk shake. I had a Diet Cherry Limeade. Man those are good!! Cures my sweet tooth. They always put a cherry in the bottom of the cup under the ice so its like a surpise after you eat all the ice.(i'm a kid at heart):lol:

Tracy and Tanya I wish I was as faithful to exercise as you two are! :high:

I saw a old friend of mine who started "Curves" 10 months ago. She was bigger than me when she started and now she looks great! :dancer: She goes to curves 3 times a day. Walks every morning. Shes' probably dropped 4 dress sizes. She tried to get me to start Curves but I feel like if I won't consistently exercise at home being at a gym isn't going to make me do it. :coach: Besides I have free access to a gym on the Military base. I just don't go. Grrrr. :bomb:

Okay I'm going to go exercise!! Right now!!:lifter:

Love ya
Kiwi

Tigger83
09-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new although I knew Kiwi24 in a previous life. Thanks for inviting me to join yall. I've done the diet thing before and was most serious the last time. I lose 44 pounds, but then I just fell off the wagon with no real rhyme or reason. And I had no one checking in on me outside of here, so if I didn't come here I didn't have to face it. Thankfully I haven't gained but 6 pounds back since I fell off the wagon...I guess some of my decent eating habits stuck with me. It's time to pick up the pieces and start off again with a fresh start and go for it...on last try to not give up. I hope to get to know yall well. Talk to you soon.
Tigger

RCsMommy
09-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Hey ladies! I have been busy the past few days. We are visiting my parents and we are swimming and playing so I have been busy but I have been good about staying on my South Beach Diet. Hopefully, it will show on the scales on Friday! I am actually excited about it. I really think I can make my Halloween goal and maybe I will meet it sooner. Looks like everyone else is doing really good too.

momtu2
09-20-2006, 03:08 PM
:welcome3: tigger!! glad to see you join us!!

kiwi:omg. it was so cold yesterday i had to put my heat on!! today it's sunny and in the 60's so it's pretty nice.

i'm on track w/food today! no working out tho. it was *mommy and me* this morning, and i HAVE to clean my kitchen this afternoon before work. i think i may be quitting my job after xmas...not sure i want to do that!

neverland:c'mon out of hiding!! where are you girl? give us that update on how you lost the weight!!

Wendy6
09-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't given up, or left the group... I've just been sooooo busy at work and home that I've barely had time to eat. Well, okay... I am eating :)

I will catch up on the posts and post a message myself in the next day or two.

Wendy

my ivy
09-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Hi, I'm new as well and would like accountability partners and just new friends that are in the same situation overweight and willing to change may I join?

-Ivy

Kiwi24
09-20-2006, 05:27 PM
I didn't think anyone would get that Tracy.:devil: Anyway, Welcome Tigger!!:welcome: You will reach your goal and so will the rest of us because we have each other to gently push us along the way.:kickbutt:

I had my ww english egg muffin for breakfast. Lunch was a left over rice and veg. and snack was Diet Cherry Limeade. We are eating at church tonight and they are having Pizza :jeno: So I am bringing my own food tongiht. I have a WW pizza Sandwich that I will cook so I will feel right at home with the rest of them. Smart Huh? :high:

I'll chat at ya later:wave:

Kiwi

Kiwi24
09-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi Ivy:welcome: We would love to have you! We must have crossed as I was submitting my comment!!

We weigh in on Fridays and Mondays. Friday because its the end of work week and Mondays to make us accountable to the weekend. :goodscale All you have to do is let us know what you have eaten each day and also the exercise. (although I seem to be pretty slack in that area) :rofl: And we are here to encourage and help each other. :hug:

Hey Wendy!!!:wave:

Kiwi

my ivy
09-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks, :) when should I give my info on what I ate? Is it day by day?

Please Inform,

-Ivy

Kiwi24
09-20-2006, 06:03 PM
If you can come on daily that would be great. Some women can only come on a few times a week. Whatever works best for you. :hug:

I am a SAHM so I can drop in periodically thoughout the day. If I spent as much time execising :tread: as I do surfing the net:comp: I'd probably lose alot quicker but wouldn't be near as much fun. :rofl:

I guess its because I know I'm big and just changing my eating habits will cause me to lose. Not as fast, I do realize, but I'm getting there.

Hope that helps

Kiwi

want2behealthy
09-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Welcome everyone:welcome3:

Tanya here, Kiwi I tried the breakfast thing this morning had an english muffin I can't drink :coffee2: for some reason it makes my heart race!!

You know what's weird is I work from my home and an hour later I was so tired:tired: I felt like crawling right back in to bed I didn't though I got up and :carrot: instead for lunch I had a fruit an apple and some grapes with a diet coke!!

I hope everyone else is having a good day and all check in later I hope friday has good news:crossed: and the scale has moved!!!:)

Hugs to everyone :hug:

my ivy
09-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Hi, Kiwi I thank you for your response I know how you feel when it comes to time spent excessing, I kinda have been In a slump due to afternoon rain that is the time that I go for my power walk. I did manage to get 2 miles in so far this week and I had a meal replacement for breakfast and lobster salad for lunch and dinner will be BBQ chicken breast with zucchini and squash.:carrot: PS I only drink water all day and 1 cup 1% milk which I add my protein ice 1 pk sugar substitute and mix In a blender called (The Bullet).:)

That about sums it up as far as what I've eaten today.

Ivy

:cheer:

Tigger83
09-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Thank you thank you thank you for the welcome. Eating wasn't that great today...but I have an excuse :) No I'm not trying to make up reasons, but we have had troubles with our refrigerator for the last few weeks where it would freeze everything from the bottom half of the fridge. We're getting paid Friday and I'll grocery shop for some healthier foods. The hubby and I went to Denny's for breakfast today and I had this wonderful Creole scramble with eggs, potatoes, onions and peppers...it was delicious, but I don't really wanna see the nutrition value...yikes!! Had a bbq sandwich for dinner, but it was plain so hopefully not too bad for me. No exercise for me today, but I've got a goal to get back. Gotta work at both jobs tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll even have the energy to hop on tomorrow. Hope you all have a fantastic night and a great day tomorrow...and thanks again for the welcomes :)

want2behealthy
09-21-2006, 02:23 AM
Good Evening everyone:)

I was just checking in with all of you for dinner I had fish and veggies, for snack a 100 calories pack of cookies. :cookie:

Hi my ivy, and tigger83 I hope you all feel welcomed:welcome2:

k. ladies can you please tell me something I watched The Biggest Loser tonight and some of them lost up to 20lbs in a week:eek: How is that possible what am I doing wrong:yikes:

I hope everyone else had a good evening.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Tanya:hug:

momtu2
09-21-2006, 09:56 AM
morning ladies!! how is everyone feeling today?
tanya: i think those people on biggest loser lose so much so fast because working out is ALL they do. they work out like 6hrs a day. and they drastically cut thier calories. and they are all obese to begin with, and so they lose a little faster. not sure if it's the healthiest way to do it. i'm so glad you posted this! i forgot i tivo'd it!! now i can watch it today!!

so i realized today i'm not going to make my 162lb goal for sept 30th. there is just no way. unless i lost 3lbs this week and then another 3lbs next week. ah well. i can still make my goal!! :carrot:
have a great day ladies. remember the dreaded weigh in is tomorrow!!

tracy

Kiwi24
09-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Good Morning,:coffee:

Tanya I've never seen the biggest losers but I would imagine they are big people greatly changing there eating habits:ink: plus they have coaches making sure they do hard exercises. :woops: That may have something to do with it.

We had a bit of a scare last nigt. About 1:30 AM my son wakes us up because he said he heard someone trying to open our back door. When we get up he is on the phone will 911 and has his rifle loaded!! By the time we walk into the living room 2 cop cars are at our front door! They searched the grounds but found nothing. It really freaked my son out. My son is a big ole boy(plays high school football) and isn't easily spooked. He swears he heard the door knob shaking like someone was trying to get in and he says our little dog heard it too. Anyway, its nice to know the police respond so quickly!

I did great last night. :carrot: While eveyone ate pizza I had WW pizza and a Salad.
I'm not sure if I will get 10 pounds off by the end of Sept especially since I had to add 7 pounds because of new scales. BUT its more than I would have lost doing nothing.

Everyone have a great weight loss day!!

Write later
Kiwi

momtu2
09-21-2006, 12:41 PM
OMG! :hug: kiwi, i'm glad everyone is ok. :yikes: that is some scary stuff.

ok. i just finished watching biggest loser. i have to admit, it's a little depressing that these people lost in 1 week what i lost (or more) in 2+ monthes. :tantrum: that just doesn't seem fair!!

so far today i've had a WW muffin. that's it. gotta eat some more. it's almost lunch and i've only eaten 3pts so far.

i'll check in later.

tracy

RCsMommy
09-21-2006, 05:15 PM
I know, those Biggest Losers, could you imagine losing 20 pounds in a week? What a way to jump start your weight loss program! I have been really good this week about staying on South Beach. Today, I had a cup of coffee for breakfast, some turkey sausage, cheese, and veggies for lunch. Tonight we are having steak, salad, and I am going to try mock mashed potatoes with cauliflower and see how that turns out. I feel really good about the weigh in tomorrow! Good luck ladies!

want2behealthy
09-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone:wave:

OMG:fr: Kiwi that is scary I'm glad that you and your family are ok:) I'm glad that you did great last night eating WW pizza and salad and you know what there is still what about another 10 days to Sept :goodvibes who knows what the scale well read with your hard work and eating right you might be surprised!!

Momtu2 and Rcsmommy: Did you guys see the weight lose on the Biggest Loser:eek: that's crazy I'm struggling with losing atleast one pound:dizzy: and there losing 20lbs in a week??? I'm glad that your all doing so well as for me all check in later with what I ate today and yes tomorrow is the weigh in:stress:

Kiwi24
09-21-2006, 08:22 PM
I am sooooo tired. :tired: Today me and Heather attacked my laundry room. Not the clothes but the room itself. This room is huge and it has turned into a junk room. This room has 4 closets 2 sets of cabinets and 3 of the closets are full of junk that you can't even open the doors without stuff falling everywhere and the cabinets have things in it from 10 years ago. I don't know how it got this way but i managed to talk Heather into helping me work on it. So we have been in there working away and finally decided to call it a night and start again tomorrow morning.

I think I got some execise in today!!!:workout:

I was up and about bright and early today to run errands :scooter: and pick up grogeries before starting on the room so I didn't eat breakfast. I hate skipping breakfast these days. Mostly because when I got back I was so hungry :hungry:

I had a Baked chicken. 2 legs and half the breast. So far that is it but for dinner I am having a huge salad with diet pepsi.

I have tons of laundry to do before tomorrow so I guess I will be folding clothes the rest of the night.

Check you later

Kiwi

want2behealthy
09-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Ladies, I have a question what do you all think about that add that they have with Jillian Do you all think that something like that can work??

Kiwi24
09-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Good Morning And Its Friday!!:goodscale :cp:

I couldn't wait to get on the scales this morning and it was worth the wait!!

I weighed 197 and that is 4 pounds!:encore: :bravo: :woo: :cheer:

I think that cleaning my laundry room really paid off!! I will be finishing it up today so I will be getting in more exercise. Shoot I may even paint and border it!!

I know you ladies are going to do well today because we all have been working really hard. Tanya my fingers are crossed for you today!:crossed:

Good luck ladies and have a great and fat free weekend!:carrot:

Kiwi

LaurenG
09-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Hello! I am new here as well. I am 27 with two kids also. I need to lose 30 pounds!! I cant believe I have let myself go like this.

Kiwi24
09-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Welcome Lauren:wel3fc:

I have found the support I've been looking for here and I hope you do too!

We weigh in on Mondays too soooooo be goood!!:rofl:

Kiwi

scalewatcher
09-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Good Morning Everyone. I am staying on track & exercising. Hope everyone has a great day.

I will be ready for the weigh in on Monday.

my ivy
09-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi, Kiwi

Just got back from doctors office and its time to celebrate:woo:
I was so nervous but hey all the effort paid off I'm now 20 pounds slimmer weeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! Still In shock can you believe that I have been loosing 5 ponds a week. Doctor said I have over exceeded his expectations, and told me also that I must exercise 3 to 4 times a week for 30-45 min in order to keep weight off. Oh my goodness I'm so excited I would do cartwheels if I could.:dizzy:.
Kiwi your doing great as well wow 4 pounds.:carrot:
congratulations!!!!:hug: I cant wait to get rid of all my plus size clothes and go shopping for size 8.:cool: Menu for 9/22/06 breakfast 1 cup 1% milk scoop of whey protein and 6 glasses of water so far. Lunch 1 cup grapes 2 slices lean ham. Dinner pork loin on grill with zucchini & squash. Plus water and more water.:)
PS only aloud to drink water...and milk..

WEEEEEEEEEEE :carrot: :D

Take Care & Good Luck
Ivy

momtu2
09-22-2006, 01:38 PM
:welcome2: lauren! glad for you to join us.
kiwi and ivy: congrats on the weight loss!! you guys are doing great!!
ivy, i'd STARVE to death if that's all i ate in a day!!! no wonder you lost 5lbs a week!!

ok. on to my weigh in. i lost .5lb. that's it. i'm a bit dissapointed. but i did have some bad days, and well, all of last weekend was bad. so. 167.5 is where i am now. and i'm definately staying on. i want to lose 2lbs by next fri. weigh in.

my ivy
09-22-2006, 02:13 PM
:p Hey, Momtu

It was not that easy you see I got to the point where I just let myself go and ate all day and not exactly healthy foods. I'm under doctor supervision now and well It was my only solution. Now 20 pounds thiner and with the goal of 135 in mind I see it as a blessing. (ITS NOT A DIET ITS A WAY OF LIFE);)

PS I DON'T STARVE ;)

I admire those who have the will power to achieve their goals on their own.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL :carrot:

want2behealthy
09-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Happy :) FRIDAY everyone!!!!

:wel3fc: Lauren!!

Congrats:encore: :balloons: Kiwi and My Ivy great Job on the weight lose:woo: :dance:

Kiwi I guess cleaning your laundry room worked see you should be proud of yourself your hard work paid off!!!

My Ivy Wow:dancer: Good Job I bet you can't wait to go shopping keep it :)

Momtu2 Hey you lost .5lbs isn't that better then nothing come on give yourself a pad on the back:cp: Next week you'll get on that scale and you'll see the 2lbs lost :dust:

K Ladies as for me I weighed in at :goodscale and I finally lost 2lbs:rofl:Next Friday I want to see 5lbs less my goal!!

Well everyone have a nice day all check in later with the meal for today:grouphug: :grouphug:

momtu2
09-22-2006, 04:43 PM
: ivy: i hope i didn't come off sounding rude. i didn't mean too! :hug:
i think you need to give yourself some more credit!! you are also *doing it on your own*!! YOU are the one who went to the dr for help. YOU are the one who is working out every day, and YOU are the one who is sticking to your new way of life!! maybe the dr gave you the food list to eat, but you alone are the one who made the decision to loose weight and you're doing it! i think that's great.
a few weeks ago i was at work and one of the girls asked me how much i had lost, i told her 12lbs, but i still had a long way to go. she told me i had already done the hardest part. i disagreed and said the last 10lbs would be the hardest. and she told me (and i think about this now when i get discouraged) that the first 10lbs is the hardest. it's when you've made the decisiont o change your life NOW! there is no more "i'll start tomorrow." you;re already doing it. so i just thought i'd share that w/you guys. maybe it can inspire you too. since we've all made that decision, even if we haven't all lost the first 10 yet.
i decided i won't be upset about my .5lb loss this week. it means i've lost 15lbs altogether which is a great feeling/place to be! i am wearing right now my pre-pregnancy fat jeans. which i haven't worn in 3 years!! so i feel great about that!
tracy

my ivy
09-22-2006, 05:08 PM
NO MONTU
Never did I think that, I thought it was very funny :D and yes I had my first weigh in today and could not believe that I lost 20 pounds:dizzy: I physically took the chart from the nurse and saw for myself and as I'm sitting here typing this to you I'm still in shock:o I'm happy you lost all that weight without having to see a doctor and be placed on meds....I had no will power :( to do it on my own after program ends I just have to maintain weight off that will be my challenge and then I can say I did it on my own.:^: But all in all I know I can come here and get support and give support as well.

I must celebrate my shedding:carrot:

Take Care,
Ivy

Kiwi24
09-22-2006, 05:21 PM
I agree with you Tracy I couldn't have said it better myself. Whether we are on WW, Phys. Weight Loss, sonoma, S/Beach or just watching calories. They have just given us tools but its up to each of us to make it work. We all deserve that pat on the back. Aaaahh, Group hug:grouphug:

Wahoo!! :cheer: Everyone seems to have Lost!! I haven't seen Tigger?! I know your are out there so you might as well sign in!:hug: You forget I have your Myspace and I can track you down!!:rofl:

want2behealthy You did it!!!:encore:

Congrats Ivy, that is so awesome. 20 pounds!! Inches Too!!

This has been a good week for everyone and I plan on next week being just as good if not better. I'm still wanting to get 10 pounds off this month so I have 6 more to go. Its alot in a week but if that person from Biggest Loser can get 20 off in 1 week I maybe able to get 6 off next week.!!

I had a banana and milk this morning for breakfast :cb: and had a wonderful salad for lunch. Heather had me try a Valdallia Onion salad dressing. It was wonderful. :drool:

Good luck over the weekend.
:wave:
Kiwi

my ivy
09-22-2006, 05:42 PM
HI, Kiwi nice to here from you again I cant believe it myself I have called all my family and friends to let them know how well Iv done. Dr said I exceeded the plans expectations can you believe that:carrot: I just have to work out 30-45 min 3x week to maintain it off. Soon Ill hit the mall with a vengeance LOL.
Watch out skinny girls here I come:D

How sweet it is:carrot:

Congrats on all who lost and have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!

And KIWI YOU CAN DO IT!!!! 6 pounds thiner by October...

PS I JUST MAY BE ABLE TO FIT INTO MY CAT WOMAN COSTUME :lol:

Wishful thinking,

Ivy

Kiwi24
09-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Alright its telling time!!:blah:

I already told B & L, so my dinner consisted of Another large salad. Actually, my husband grilled out steaks and baked Potatos and brought home steamed Shrimp. :cofdate: But I ate my salad first and was tooooo full to eat the main meal. Itsn't that GREAT!!:goodvibes I don't think Steak and Shrimp is really fattning but I'll have to check out the calories and then I plan on eating eat for lunch. ;)

I finished the Laundry room and spent time in the kitchen under the cabinets and drawers. I put everything in order and got rid of bowls I never use. Matched all those stray lids. Tomorrow I hope to paint my laundry room.:dizzy:

Have a great weekend!:wave:

Kiwi

RCsMommy
09-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Hey everyone! I had gained last week but I lost again this week, so I am down a pound altogether....which is good, I will take it! I am really doing well....I think that thefirst few weeks are the hardest, it's hard to say no to what you've been used to for so long! Sounds like everyone did great this week, now let's see what happens this weekend! Kiwi, I need some of your organizational motivation...I am going to clean house tomorrow so I will get some exercising in and I think I might dance a little when I mop!!! ;) Have a great weekend ladies! Weigh in again on Monday!

want2behealthy
09-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Hello ladies:)

I had fruit for lunch and for dinner I had half a roast beef and cheese sandwich with a diet coke. No snack.

I'm happy everyone lost weight this week :D :D weigh in on Monday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.:hug: :hug:

Kiwi24
09-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Well I had that steak and shrimp and potato for lunch today!! :chef: Oh yeah it was good!! :dance: When I checked out the calorie count I was surpised that all three items were under 1000 calories. :cp: I had a WW E/muffin for breakfast. I really feel tempted today to cheat. :corn: I don't know why. But I would love to have something fattning today. :chockiss: I'm in one of those moods that I just want to snack but I want it to be worth while snacking. Like a bag of Oreo cookies and milk! :lol:

Anyway, I will try to keep from eating it!! I should go get a Sonics Diet Cherry Limeade. That would prob. help my sweet tooth. :high:

I'll write later

Kiwi

Kiwi24
09-24-2006, 07:58 PM
okay so today wasn't so good! :chockiss: :ink:

Lets just leave it at that! :devil:

Kiwi

want2behealthy
09-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Kiwi for me it wasn't a good day either:mad: My Niece brought me a double fudge brownie how do you say no to that:stress:

want2behealthy
09-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Kiwi for me it wasn't a good day either:mad: My Niece brought me a double fudge brownie how do you say no to that:stress:

scalewatcher
09-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Good morning Kiwi and Want2behealthy - I had an ok day yesterday still a bit frustrated because of my knee injury. But I am still exercising as much as I can without walking. I am staying on track with my points. I haven't had much success this week so far on weight loss. I have only lost 1 lb. Hope to have a bigger loss soon.

RCsMommy
09-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Hey everyone. How did everyone do over the weekend? I did okay, I could have done better but I could have done worse too. I really wanted to cheat this weekend. I have been adding a little too much on my South Beach diet so I think I am going to get the book out again today and go over some stuff and make sure that I am doing everything right. As far as weight loss from Friday...well, I weighed myself on a different scale and now my scale says that I am up 6 pounds which I know can't be right! So, I am going to have to make sure I weigh in on the same scale from now on. I am also thinking about maybe getting a new scale next weekend. Well, I hope evryone else did great and let's have a great Monday!!!

Kiwi24
09-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Good morning!! :coffee2: Okay, my scales stayed the same. I'm doing extra cleaning to makeup for the awful cheating I had (Krispy Kreme donuts oooh sooo worth it:drool: )

Jaime when I got new scales it put 7 pounds on me. :yikes: But I am so excited now because even though I only show a small amount of weight loss I feel thinner.:goodscale

Want2beheathy, I hate to break the news to you. But your niece is the DEVIL!:devil: The reason I cheated with those stupid krispy kreme donuts is because MY FRIENDS kept pushing me to take the donuts home because I had kids coming over tomorrow. I kept saying NO I'll cheat. But my Preacher and daughter convinced me I was STRONG!!
THEY ARE THE DEVIL!! :devil: :rofl:

Scalewatcher I'm glad you had a better weekend than me. :carrot: 1 pound is awesome expecially sense you are not able to do as much exercise. I know you will have a geat week this week!:hug:

I hope everyone else had a great weekend and lets have a Awesome Week!!

Kiwi

want2behealthy
09-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Good Morning All:angel:

Scalewatcher, Even with your knee injury you still lost 1lb good job:bravo:

RCsMommy, Good Job on not letting the temptation get the better of you:goodvibes not like me with the brownie but believe me when I say it was so good:stress: I feel so bad:cry:

Kiwi, your right she is the :devil: :rofl: But you once asked me was it worth it and Kiwi I have to say even though I'm ashamed:( it was worth it:drool: I weighed myself girls and I didn't gain but I didn't lose either so this week all be extra good:crazy: I hope everyone is having a good day:cheer: :cheer:

Kiwi24
09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Hey everyone,:wave:

Today I had for Breakfast 1 mug of coffee, 1 Glass of milk with Gold Fish Crackers.
Lunch was Turkey/water to drink
Dinner was Chicken and Rice Diet pepsi.
Snacks I've eaten 2 slim jims.

check in tomorrow

Kiwi

Tigger83
09-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Hi everyone...I've had a rough couple of days with Aunt Flo making her visit....I've been eating pretty much everything in sight so the last couple days have been disastrous. We'll just leave it at that...hope everyone is doing well.
Tig

want2behealthy
09-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Hi everyone:angel:

Kiwi your doing so good:dancer:

Tigger83, Hey you I can understand about Aunt Flo:crazy: visiting we've all been there the cravings :chockiss: :cookie: It's just that time of the month. Don't worry it'll soon be over and you can get back on track:yes: and don't forget if you need to vent :censored: where all here for you. Hope the rest of your week is better!:hug: :hug:

momtu2
09-26-2006, 10:07 AM
mornin' ladies! sorry i've been mia. been reading, just not posting.
i did *ok* this weekend. coulda been much worse!!
kiwi: glad to hear things are working out for ya!!
tigger: girl, i understand your AF issues. the evil witch makes me eat the most sinfully yummy things. :devil: it's just a few days tho, and then you can be back!!!!

well, i hope everyone has a great day!! so far i've had a WW chocolate muffin. and i'm trying to figure out what else i'm going to have for breakfast. then i'll hit the gym when my little guy wakes up. been upping my workout a bit! my losing has slowed, so i guess it's time to do something!

Kiwi24
09-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Good Morning:coffee:

Well the weight caught up with me today. :rolleyes: (like I said it takes about 2 days) I put on 1 pound. But that's okay, I did well yesterday and I will do well the rest of the week. I shall Lose weight! :goodscale Actually, I need to lose 6 pounds to reach my goal so I can't afford to cheat anymore. I'd really like to be in a 16 by my birthday next month. That would be soooo great.:dancer:

My calorie count is 1400 but I went below that yesterday because I knew I cheated so now I will get back on track.

Want2behealthy - Lets make a pack.......NO CHEATING TODAY!!:devil:

Mom2 and Tigger good to hear from you although both of you seem alittle down.:hug:

Kiwi

want2behealthy
09-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Good Morning everyone:comp:

Hey Kiwi:) No CHEATING today it's a deal:nono: Sorry to hear about the 1lb:?: but that''s the spirit :goodvibes you've done well and your going to continue to do well and on Friday you'll be happy:flow2: when you get on the scale and see the difference. Hope you have a great day:flow1:

Kiwi24
09-27-2006, 09:07 AM
oh oh!!! I think alot of people have been cheating and that's why you aren't writting in!!!:devil:

Fess up. We know you are out there.:listen:

momtu2
09-27-2006, 09:42 AM
i haven't been cheating exactly, but certainly not doing as well as i was! :o

but i'm trying. i really am!!

i did ok yesterday. probably ate a bit more steak then i hsould have, but it was oh so good!! i did work out and will work out today, tomorrow, fri, sat. so. yeah. i'll try to be a better fat chick and post more. sorry girls!!
:hug: to all!!

scalewatcher
09-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Kiwi- I thank you for your posting - it helps me to stay focused. I have not been cheating :) . I am so excited that I am a part of 3fc. I love the support and inspiration from you and everyone else. I had my weigh in this morning and I have only lost 1 lb. :o this week for the Biggest Looser Challenge "GO BLUE TEAM" :cheer: . Hey but I am very thankful that I didn't gain:woo:, considering that I have not been walking .:woops:

momtu2- I know what you mean. I had been doing alot better at loosing weight but now I seemed to have slowed down. Well, things are going to get better. All we have to do is stay OP and it will happen.

Have a great day:hug:

my ivy
09-27-2006, 01:18 PM
HI girls, Its me Ivy (MIA) but I'm back glad to hear theres progress going on here I signed up for that Halloween Challenge I hope I can do well. I power walked yesterday for 1 hour (wee) felt excellent:carrot: . I will weight myself this Friday just to see whats up for now till I go to Dr. end of October. So far so good I have not eaten anything bad:p . Even though I was around pizza all weekend do to little league. I basically just walked away I'm so proud. :D
My hubby told me this morning I'm starting to look like my old self again :belly: which made my day and promised romantic night :val3: (wee).

Today slim-fast for breakfast.
Lunch 2 ham roll-ups 1 cup grapes.
Dinner Turkey breast stuffed with spinach & salad.
Plenty of water................6 glasses so far

Best of Luck To All ;)

-Ivy

want2behealthy
09-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Kiwi- I've been good no cheating these past few days :nono:

Momtu2- I also know what you mean actually for me it's at the end of the month when I get my monthly visitor if you know what I mean:yikes: I just can't stop with the chocolate:chockiss: Even for you it was only last night.
Your are working out though:tread: :strong: so yeah:dance:

Scalewatcher- Your right :cheer: :cheer: Kiwi is the biggest support I look foward to hearing from her she inspires me:dust: See there you go somthing positive you didn't gain any weight:woo: I love the biggest loser tell us more about you challenge:listen:

Well everyone have a good day :grouphug:

Kiwi24
09-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi all,:wave:

Thanks for the encouragement that's so sweet but take a look at all of your scales!! :bravo:
All of you motivate me. Your scales are dropping and as they drop it helps me to know that I can do this! :cheer:

I know that we all bring something to this group. :grouphug: We motivate each other. :high: Without you I would quit.:shrug:

Tracy you are such a positive and focused person and that's exciting to me Want2behealthy, you and I can relate in alot of ways because we have alot in common.Scalewalker has a detemination that I would love to have more of. Ivy is on Fire! Rcsmommy and tigger you are a part of this group and even if you can't write in each day its encouraging to me when i do see that you have. :hug:

Well getting back to my weight. Somehow I think I got away from writting my menu down. :write:
I'm not sure how that happened but I do know I cheat when I don't. :rofl:

Soooooooo

Breakfast/ 1/2 enl.muffin w/grape jelly
Lunch Salad Diet pepsi
Dinner will be soup. i'm not sure what kind yet.

Write later
Kiwi

momtu2
09-27-2006, 07:30 PM
hey girls! i'm gonna update you and then i'm going to vent about my dh!!
today
b:WW muffin and 100calorie chip pack
l:sooo bad. went to MC'D's and got chkn nuggets. gave kids the fries and split the nuggets w/them. coulda been worse.
d:will be leftover steak and mashed potatoes.

ok. my vent. and why i ate mcdonalds today!
DD and i have *just mommy and me* on wed. so by the time we were done (11:15), picked up DS from the sitter and were on our way home, me and the kids were hungry. i seriously don't do this every week, but we were all hungry so i did MCD'S. i promise next week i'll throw something healthy in the car for all of us so i don't cheat again!! :carrot: :carrot:

DH vent. he calls me 20 mins after he was supposed to leave work to tell me he has to work another hour and a half! he coulda called me MUCH earlier to let me know that! i had planned to go to the gym and work out when he got home and then go to the store to pick up some stuff. now no work out for me. i'm going to *try* and do some more crunches (i did 50 so far) by the end of the day, but now by the time he gets home the kids will be in bed, so i'm doing dinner, baths and bed by myself.

i did clean clean clean during the 2hr nap they took today, does that count as exercise ;) ?

so if i don't pass out at 8pm from utter exhaustion then i promise to do some more crunches before bed!!

oh yeah, did i mention i have 2 more loads of laundry to finish up tonight?? :p ugh! men!!

tracy

want2behealthy
09-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Hi everyone:angel:

Kiwi your right we all bring something to the group:cp:. But you are the center of our group:flow1:

Momtu2, Your doing so good with the work outs :tread: :ebike: that I'm sure that sharing the nuggets with the kids isn't going to effect your weight lose. Are you serious kids, baths and cleaning up that itself is a workout:crazy:
I don't remember exactly which website I read it from but I read that house work and activities with your Children can make you burn more calories!! Plus crunches :hyper: give yourself a hand:cp: all that and you still have energy!
You go girl:) About the venting:censored: about H that's what were here for to support and listen :listen:

k as for me I haven't had anything to eat for dinner I'm going to have barbecue chicken and salad.

talk to you all later:grouphug:

Kiwi24
09-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Wow, I did great for dinner! :carrot: We ate at church. They were serving Soup. I'm not sure what kind it was but oh baby it was good! :goodvibes
They had all kinds of homemade desserts:yikes:
but I didn't touch any of it!! :encore: I ate my soup with NO Crackers and I had a Diet Drink. I forgot to mention that for snack earlier today I had a hot dog with no bun. ( I like cold hot dogs)

Tracy I consider house work exercise.;) If it makes you sweat its exercise.:lol:

Hope everyone has a great tomorrow!! :cp:

Kiwi

RCsMommy
09-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Uggh, men, they just know how to make our lives harder, don't they? So, I don't know how you all fit in exercise. My husband will be home for the next four day so I am going to take advantage of it and leave the kids with him and go to the gym. Then he leaves for 2 months so I will all by myself to take care of a 2 year old and a 2 month old...so exercise may not be possible for me. Maybe going to the gym willl jump start me into a program. I want to take the kids for a walk but my 2 year old wants nothing to do with the stroller. Oh well, I will be waking up tomorrow and going to the gym and I will start writing down everything that I eat here. I am here every night anyway, I just don't always write. Thanks for sticking with this group everyone, it really helps me on a daily basis to come here and know how everyone is doing!

Kiwi24
09-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Good Morning,:coffee2:

Well I am ready to start this day. :cheer:
I have no kids today!!:dancer:
I am having a hard time losing weight this week. :tantrum: I feel like I'm retaining the water I'm drinking. I think I'm about to have a visit from TOM. :stress: That maybe why I cheated to begin with. :chockiss:

Well have a great day!

Kiwi

momtu2
09-28-2006, 10:04 AM
morning ladies!! how is everyone?! it looks like it's going to be a beautiful fall day here!! high of like 58!! i LOVE fall, and i LOVE halloween!! my fav. time of year!!
rcsmommy:i know JUST how you feel!! my kids are very young and very close together (16mos apart), and when my little guy was 2mos old getting out of the house was soooo hard, and i was sooo tired!! (plus i had an 18mos old!) usually i bring the kids w/me to the gym. they have a playroom there. but they like for the kids to be gone by 4pm, so by the time afternoon naps are done, it's after 3. that's why i didn't make it yesterday.
kiwi: i'm waiting for AF myself here. not gonna lie. getting a little worried. i'm on birth control and *usually* i start by tues night, and here we are thurs morning and no AF. hmmmm... i'm sure she'll rear her ugly head at the worst possible moment!!
i hope everyone has a great day!!
tracy

scalewatcher
09-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Good morning all-

want2behealthy - The Biggest Loser Challenge first weigh in was 9-20 and ends 12-9. There are two teams RED and BLUE. We weigh in weekly and at the end of the challenge the weigh loss totals will be added and the team with the highest percentage of weight loss wins the challenge. GO BLUE TEAM:carrot:

Kiwi - I agree with you everyone is a key source of motivation to our group. I look forward to reading the posts daily. Keep them coming.

my ivy
09-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Good morning guys :carrot: did anyone see THE BIGGEST LOOSER LAST NIGHT? I cant believe anyone can loose 20 pounds in one week is it even possible. Hey I thought I was doing awesome and all I have lost is 5 pounds in a week, HUMMM what am I doing wrong? Any how I am going to start to do crunches and jumping jacks because power walk isn't cutting it.:mad:

Kiwi wow no desserts excellent!!
Momtu crunches excellent!!!
Scalewatcher its true Kiwi is center support. I will weigh myself tomorrow ad give feedback on status.

So far 4 cups water one slim fast for breakfast.
lunch turkey cheese roll up apple.
dinner steak & zucchini & squash.

Today is base ball game I hope for no rain. Will walk 30-45 min.:) :dust:

Ivy

want2behealthy
09-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Good Morning:coffee:

Kiwi- Now that you bring that up?? when we have our monthly visitor:cry: I know that we retain water do you think that it can make our weight be off I mean how much do you think we really gain in water :stress:

My ivy- I know I saw the biggest loser I love the Blue Team:cheer:

I was very disappointed that they lost the challenge and the weigh in I almost cried :cry: I know I'm silly!! But how is it that they can lose up to 23lbs:fr: How do they do it so I can do it to;) I mean I work out 2 times a day on the treadmill for 60 mins and I'm adding weights for 25mins with Jillian former trainer of the TBL.

Ladies I can't do breakfast I tried but it makes me sick:barf: I'm having fruit for lunch and for dinner my husband makes a vegetarian chow mein, good.

Oh Kiwi I tried the Eclairs good:smug:

Hope everyone else's day is good and all check in later:grouphug:

Kiwi24
09-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Hi everyone. Tomorrow is the big day!!! :dancer:

Today I had BF - WW Egg Eng. 2 cups of coffee..Lunch Rice and alitte chili mixed in. (To give it flavor) Water to drink. Snack was ... WW eclair Dinner was Salad/ WW Strawberry shortcake... snack Banana.:cb:

i was running short on supplies so I picked some up tonight.

I hope everyone loses tomorrow! (including me):crossed:

Kiwi

Kiwi24
09-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Okay I'll go first!:goodscale

Ugggh!!! :stress: Well I lost ounces at least! :dunno: But unfortunately I didn't even get a whole pound off all week!!! But then again. I did because I gained and then I lost it again. Yeah I know that doesn't count. :nono:

Well, for me this is a new month so my goal is to get 10 pounds off. So Ladies I need you to stay on me!:drill: :frypan: My birthday is the 24th and I want to be down to a 16. :belly: Even if its a extremely tight fitting not able to really wear it anywhere 16!!!! :rofl: So, PLEASE, Don't let me use any excuses!!!:kickbutt:

This morning I had Breakfast bacon and eggs!

I'll do it this month!

Kiwi

my ivy
09-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Good morning girls, TGIF:carrot:

:woo:
Just to update I joined the biggest looser challenge I'm in the BLUE TEAM :D thats going on here and I went ahead and weight myself yesterday I know I should not have but oh well its all good I lost another 5 pounds. (WEE) Oh and from now on Ill wait for Friday weigh-in. By the way want I have similar situation with visitor I'm guessing maybe 8-10 pounds water retention don't really know but I feel bloated and just gross.:( I'm gonna take some pamprin or something I heard it helps with all symptoms. Oh and as for the show I also cried so don't feel bad I love the blue team they seem more together I felt bad for the girl that had to go I hope she manages. Hey Kiwi whats tomorrow your weigh-in?
I actually went jogging for first time :rofl: thought Id pass out and it was only 10 min how funny is that I power walked as well for 20 and did some light upper body weight training. I have not begun crunches

B-slim fast (water all day)
L-turkey roll up
D-grilled NY stake and salad

I made a log for all my loss and exercise.:)

Kiwi24
09-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Dear Ivy:sumo:

Show off!! :devil:

Bring it on! :boxing:

Love ya
:rofl:
Kiwi

my ivy
09-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey Kiwi your too Funny:D

Hey I know you can loose those 10 pounds !!!!;) Why don't you try to stay away from the 4 no No's pasta,rice,bread,potatoes just for 1 week and see what happens oh and only drink water it worked for me.:) I actually squeezed my but into a size 13 stretch pant which before would not go up my thighs...:carrot:
But for now will not attempt any such thing due to PMS....:(

Have you tried the south beach diet? I go by that as well.

Wish you the best.

Ivy

Kiwi24
09-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Pasta, bread, potato, rice? Humm???:chin: This is my diet!!:hungry:

Just kidding.:dizzy: But I do have all that in moderation. :yes: I'll give it a try this week. Of course some of my WW food has that stuff in it. But for a week I will give it a shot. :crossed:

I tried SB when it first came out, before most of the frozen food. Cooking is not my favorite thing to do and at that time it required alot of preparation time that I wasn't willing to put forth. I know that they have the frozen foods now. Although, I'm not actually on WW, I seem to love the ww stuff so I tend to buy their frozen entrees and desserts. The problem there, is I really like there desserts and I can go over board with them. :drool:

But the truth is if I keep doing what I'm doing I'm going to keep getting what I'm getting. (ooh such wisdom, grasshopper) :yoga:

So its off the starches for a week! :cheer:

Kiwi

my ivy
09-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Yae!!!! Kiwi don't forget to drink plenty of water and maybe if you possibly not drink juice of any kind and no sodas of any kind not even diet. It is a boost so my DR says and I followed his advice and you see I lost weight even before meds just by changing my eating habits. PS South Beach frozen dinners are good I buy them as well. Also Increase greens,use lean meats,and lots of salad. Fruits are good except for bananas too many carbs.
I have a whole book on what I can eat and cant if you like just ask away I'm here for you :hug: If I can do it so can you.:carrot:

GO KIWI GO!!!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Ivy

momtu2
09-29-2006, 01:30 PM
morning girls. :)
i FORGOT to weigh in today at the gym!!! i can't believe it!!! my ds was crying so i was in a hurry. i worked out, grabbed the kidlets and left. omg. i'm such an airhead!:balloons: i can't believe i did that!! oh well. i'll weigh in tomrrow morning i guess.
i have a serious lack of energy today. i'd give my left arm for a tall latte from starbucks!! i may do it too. i'm even thinking of playing hooky from work tonight. spending the evening w/dh. af reared her ugly head so i think that's playing a part in it too.
kiwi:no worries on just losing ounces. sometimes wieght comes off all at once! like next week you'll lose 3lbs!!
ivy:wow! i'm sooo jealous!! i want to lose 5lbs in a week!!
have a good day ladies!

Kiwi24
09-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Whoa!!! :yikes: I agreed to no Starches!! Now its no juice, no diet drinks and no banana!! :stress: Give a person an inch and you take a mile!!:hug:

Oh and I'm not on meds (which I'm assuming is a diet pill of some kind) so my energy level isn't high as yours! :hyper: I wish it was! Maybe I should see your Doc and get me some pills!! ha ha :rofl:

Just messing with ya :devil:
I will do my best to refrain from all evil indulgences (expect diet pepsi):D

Kiwi

want2behealthy
09-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:cp:

Kiwi-You lost ounces :dance: that is great and don't forget you are feeling alittle under the weather because of Aunt Flo so that good make weight difference. You are so positive :dust: your b'day is on the 24th this is a new month and you are going to get the weight off we well help you in anyway :rollpin:.

My Ivy- You joined the blue team for tbl good for you:cheer: You lost another 5lbs :encore: :encore: WOW, I know I felt bad for Tiffany to when she left the Blue Team but she can do it! Your bloated to it seems
we all are :( That's how I feel to. I wondered how much water we retain??

K my turn to weigh in :goodscale K, I lost another 2lbs it isn't much but all take it, I can't believe it though I try to work out 2 times a day 6 days a week and only 2lbs what am I doing wrong? I'm so inspired by TBL it would be nice if they gave us tips!!!

Well ladies all talk to you all later!

:grouphug: :cheer: for hanging in there well get there soon.:dust: