WW Clubs and Groups - It's Tuesday....getting closer to the WEEKEND

Belle2000
09-11-2001, 09:39 AM
Hello girls, its early here, only 7:30 adn I have been here for an hour already BOOH!!

I did good yesterday on points, but no exercise besides walking to work.

hello to Maria from Sweden!! That's cool that you found our site!!

Okay, gotta run right now, but I'll check in in a few...

Belle

TonyaLyn
09-11-2001, 09:46 AM
Good morning Belle ~

Your such a trooper for being to work so early!

I also wanted to say "Hello" to Maria from Sweden!!

Not much new here. Working away!

Didn't get any walks in last night, was just too busy, but I am going to walk extra hard tonight!

Still journalling, not doing too bad.

Better get back to it....TTYL....

Kirsty
09-11-2001, 09:57 AM
i guess you've all seen the news about the planes being hijacked and hitting the world trade center...
i hope no one we know has been injured. it is such a terrible thing.
thinking of anyone who might have suffered a loss. i'll be back on later to talk more normally. i'm feeling quite shell shocked about the whole thing.
kirsty

Belle2000
09-11-2001, 10:10 AM
Kirsty I have not heard this news, will check the news now.

YIkes, that is horrible news....

Janet R
09-11-2001, 10:54 AM
We're all in shock. Nobody is doing much work today as we all huddle around our radios and worry about friends, family, and loved ones that live and work in the city.

As of now I have not been able to get in touch with my BIL and SIL who both work in NYC, though neither is in the World Trade Center. I do have friends that work in the WTC and I haven't heard from them yet either.

I am just sick to my stomach and on the verge of tears.

All bridges and tunnels into and out of the city have been closed, the subway has been shut-down, the phones are down in the ENTIRE city. Car bombs are going off in various locations... It surely seems like the end of the world is coming.

I just can't believe it.

Kirsty
09-11-2001, 11:04 AM
janet, my thoughts are with you. it is really shocking. here in london everyone has stopped working. in the street people are all gathered round tv screens in shops looking at the shocking footage. it is so upsetting and surreal. we have staff in america but we can't get through to them to check. i can't believe how bad it is.

Sweater Girl
09-11-2001, 11:19 AM
I am in shock over what has happened and am trying not to cry in the computer lab at school right now. I cannot believe what has happened. This is so sad and tragic and so unnecessary. I cannot get to any of the major news sites on the net due to the fact that I am sure they're all jammed with people trying to get on and find out what has happened. I pray for the people, the families and the security of the world, no matter what.... this is scary.

Take Care

Ali

Kirsty
09-11-2001, 11:28 AM
this website seems to work a bit more than the others.
www.ananova.com
but it makes depressing reading.

StaceyT
09-11-2001, 11:31 AM
There is actually talk about sending people home in downtown Oklahoma City.
Janet: I'm praying for you and everyone you know.
Ali: I'm kindof stunned myself.
Kirsty: thanks for your concern. I didn't want to get on the internet but couldn't resist.

I have to listen to a press conference (local) now.
Thinking of everyone,

Lollybird
09-11-2001, 11:47 AM
People, I don't even know where to start. I am at home in front of the BBC news so I have everything as it happens. I hope Sarah is OK, doesn't she live in DC? Janet, I thought of you right away, it was good to "hear" your voice. All of you in the US and Canada, my thoughts really are with you. I heard it on the news in the Post Office of all places, and ran straight home.

There is speculation that there may be other attacks around the world. So far: New York, Washington, Pittsburgh, Chicago.

Ali, I was in tears in front of the tv and wishing I was somewhere with other people.

Kirsty - are you going home? Or are you far enough from the City?

I might go and see if anyone's about in chat.

thinking of you all,
Lolly
xxx

ps:- I lost 7lbs at WI this morning, though it seems a very long time ago now.

Kirsty
09-11-2001, 12:01 PM
lolly - i'm still here. i am pretty far from the city and canary wharf. it's really upsetting news. i don't know what to say.
well done on the 7 pounds, although i agree it must feel very odd with respect to what is going on in the US. in a way i'm glad i can't see tv footage. just reading about it is shocking enough.
thinking of you all,
kirsty

Belle2000
09-11-2001, 12:02 PM
To any of you in the US who may have some loved one in that horrible disaster, I send my love.

We are all in shock in Canada.

Belle

StaceyT
09-11-2001, 12:07 PM
The Today show (big NBC morning show) aired footage of Palestinians (sp?) celebrating regarding this morning's attack.
How awful is that???

Lollybird
09-11-2001, 12:07 PM
Doesn't Kier work in New York? Or has she gone to Dublin now? Kier, if you're out there, give us a shout!

Kirsty - you're probably right about the pictures. I've seen the same ones over and over. I couldn't work so I went into the kitchen to make a veggie curry but I managed to burn it because I kept getting caught up in the news.

Kirsty
09-11-2001, 12:32 PM
i think kierie headed to dublin last week.
stacey- i agree it is awful to celebrate someone else's death.
and there was me thinking things couldn't get much worse than adults throwing pipe bombs at 4-year-old children walking to school because they were of a different religion.
what is this world coming to? i feel really down about it all. quite a struggle not to cry in the office. i'm off for a stiff drink in a few minutes. my love to you all and speak to you tomorrow.
kirsty

Belle2000
09-11-2001, 12:32 PM
My boss just came back from NY on Sunday - he was staying 2 blocks from teh WTC. He is in pretty bad shock.

The footage of humans jumping 80 floors to their death is horrifying.

Kirsty
09-11-2001, 12:39 PM
my coworker was at the world trade center last week and just got his photographs back today. it is very surreal.

anyone got any positive news out there?

Trish O
09-11-2001, 12:43 PM
This is just so scarry. Sarah, be safe in DC.

They have closed many building in Chicago and I just got an e-mail from Brenda. They are closing most of downtown Denver as well.

Boy, if this is Bin Laden (sp), the US is going to go to war with Afganistan I just know it!

StaceyT
09-11-2001, 12:49 PM
I think the fact that you lost 7 pounds is awesome!!
Trish: Tell Bren that I think of her often! This morning, as a matter of fact! They are closing a lot of downtown here, too!
I'm going to donate blood after my dentist appointment...well, I thought I was going to donate, the guys on the radio just said the line was about 100 people long. Yikes! maybe tomorrow.
I think I know how my grandma felt after Pearl Harbor. Yuck! :(
Trish, I'm with you...war wouldn't surprise me now.

Lollybird
09-11-2001, 01:08 PM
Thanks Stacey! I guess it was effectively a first week OP loss, since I'd been so far off whack for the last couple of months. I am all motivated again, even though I burne the veggie curry I was making and may be forced to go to the chippy instead (but plenty of points so not a prob). Tell Bren hello from me too, and tell her I miss her! What's she up to at the mo?

Re: Bin Laden, Blokey reckons if the US wants to get to him they'll have to put the thumbscrews on Pakistan because they're the ones financing the Taliban, who are the ones protecting him. It's like a whole chain reaction.

Ok, I know, I'll tell you my cute story, in case anyone wants their mind taken off stuff :)

We live in a top-floor flat with a shared entrance hall that used to be open-air but has been glazed in now. I got home yesterday and there was a little robin frantically flapping at the glass trying to get out. He must have come up the stairs and got stuck. So ... I thought about trying to catch him, but he was really scared and I thought it might really terrify him. And then I had an idea! We have a lift, so I chased him into the lift, hit the button for the ground floor and then ran down the stairs to meet him at the other end. When the doors opened, he hopped out and flew off - and I felt I'd done a good deed! Our robins are tinier than US robins, they're more like sparrows, so he was really teeny and cute. :D

hugs,
Lxxx

TxAggie
09-11-2001, 01:28 PM
I am also glued to my TV. I just don't know what to think of it all. Janet and Sarah ~ My thoughts are with you two.
This kind of thing makes me realize how piddly my unemployment problems are. They are closing all of the federal buildings here too. The military is on its full defense mode and I am really worried for all of my air force buds. I really hope they find out who did this.

anyway~ Lolly great job on the 7 pounds. I have been slacking since I got sacked so WI tomorrow will probably be bad for me. send me some of your motivation. I need to stop drinking and then maybe I'll have a good loss. Its just so easy to go out every night when you don't have to wake up the next morning.

Well, I am going to check out the TV again. TTYL
Kay

Belle2000
09-11-2001, 01:56 PM
Lolly, congratulations on your 7 lbs, that is great news!! see, you aren't right back where you started from!!! I am proud....

THat is good to hear something positive amid the greif and shock today. we need to remember that there are good things, even though it seems difficult to remember today.

My mom saw the people cheering in palestine adn was sickened. Its just not right.

Isnt' it funny that the place where Jesus was supposed to be born/lived is where the most evil fighting and cruelty takes place?

I have always been curious about that.

sbirdhr
09-11-2001, 03:45 PM
Thank you all for you concern. It was very scary this morning when I heard what had happened. I did not have aradio or TV at work but friends were calling and IMing me little bits. Once they announced that the Pentagon got hit, we got really scared since I work in Arlington a few miles from there. All offices shut down pretty early today. I stayed and watched the news for a bit. the traffic was terrible getting home so I stopped at the gym near work and worked out while watching more news. I am glad to be home now. All after school activities were cancelled so DH will be home soon too. I have talked to my friend in Boulder who said her DH was sent home from work as well.

I do know someone in NY and she and her DF are fine although they have not heard from some of their friends, some of whom worked in the World Trade Center. This is very scary. DC and Virginia are in a state of emergency.

Lolly - congrats on the great loss!

Janet - My thoughts are with you. I hope you hear from your family soon.

I am thinking of you all. I hope that you are all safe.

Love,
Sarah

kimobi
09-11-2001, 03:54 PM
I tried to post before but it didn't go through.

Here in Southwest Virginia things are on alert, too. Our National Guard has been called into active duty, emergency personnel are preparing to go help. Roanoke's police chief held a press conference earlier to say we're not in danger, but everyone is freaked out. Someone said to me: "I think I finally know what the word 'surreal' is."

A friend of mine worked in the World Trade Center until about a month ago. I didn't know her offices had been moved until I got an email from her about noon. Another friend lives in the city, says it's been crazy, people running through the streets, no one knowing what to do.

Malls are closing, banks are closing, schools are closing. My newspaper is putting out a special edition this afternoon.

Sarah and Janet, glad you're OK. For anyone who has friends and family involved, my thoughts are with you.

Janet R
09-11-2001, 04:49 PM
Just wanted to let you know that my BIL and SIL are ok. BIL didn't finish his work on time so canceled his appointment to go into the city today! SIL was at work, but she's about 4 miles from the WTC. She saw the plane hit the second tower and she saw the towers collapse all from her office window. :( She can't get home tonight, but other than that inconvenience is ok.

Probably will be quite a while till we hear news on all of our friends. They wont even speculate as to death tolls. The mayor of NY just says "it's likely to be higher than any of us can bear." I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 10,000+ people.

Many of my clients work in the WTC. In addition to the terrible humanitarian ruin, there will be horrific financial repercussions because of this as well. Not to mention very likely full-blown war.

I think I'd like to crawl under a rock.

We all left work early today and I picked up Ben from daycare too... I think I'll just go sit on the couch with my DH and cry. :(

Belle2000
09-11-2001, 05:05 PM
Janet, thank god they are okay. I bet your SIL will have nightmares forever about that. I dont think I can sleep alone tonite, its horrendous. My buddy Jay in teh states told me they are showing footage of 2 people jumping holding hands. I can't imagine that.

Shalyne
09-11-2001, 07:02 PM
I'm so glad that most of us and our families seem to be known to be safe. It is a horrible tragedy and the death toll will be so incredibly high. My thoughts are with all of you, your families, and your friends.