WW Clubs and Groups - Halloween Challenge

View Full Version : Halloween Challenge

Jen
09-05-2006, 10:47 AM
How about a challenge for Halloween? It is exactly 8 weeks from today (September 5). Anyone want to set some goals?

For myself I am going to try to lose 10 lbs, that is a reasonable goal for 8 weeks, a little over 1 lbs a week, I should be able to do that.

MistySeptember
09-05-2006, 11:40 AM
You know me I'm always up for a challenge.

I won't set a weight goal. My goal is to just eat on the Wendie plan for 8 weeks. That's it stay within my points. I'll try to drink my water, exercise ect, but will really focus on just staying on plan.

luflic
09-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Count me in. I don't set number goals anymore because I have no control over the scale. But I will committ to be obedient to WW for the next eight weeks. I love accountability!

eeyoredja
09-05-2006, 08:47 PM
I will join, I want to lose 15 pounds. Dh says that for every 5 pounds I lose, he will buy me 1 new article of clothing, yah!!

hugs,
Donna

MistySeptember
09-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Ok so I stayed on plan Tuesday and Wednesday. 2 days down 54 to go lol. As I mentioned in the weekly thread today I am really struggling staying on track today.

eeyoredja
09-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Well, I did good on plan until yesterday evening, darn Arby's lol!! I am back on track today, and will weigh in on Tuesday!!
Hugs,
Donna

Jen
09-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Hey everyone. Well I am down one pound on my way to this challenge. I haven't been exactly on plan but I've been watching what I am eating a little more, trying to cut back on whose white carbs that I am addicted to eating. So far so good!

MistySeptember
09-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Another day down and on plan :) 3 down and 53 to go.

Elanajel
09-10-2006, 09:49 AM
My challenge will be a fitness one--

I got trained at the Y on this new Strive circuit--it's very challenging equiment and a faster workout than the traditional Nautilus circuit.

My Halloween challenge: do the Strive circuit twice a week (plus my aerobics stuff) and drop a clothing size. Reward: 2 new pairs of pants and some fun underwear!

Good luck everyone.

MistySeptember
09-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Well I fell off the wagon a bit yesterday. But not too badly.

Jen great job on your loss!!!!!! I am with you one the white stuff!

eeyoredja
09-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Don't know how I did it, but I am down to 278 from 285!! I have been drinking my water and eating more fiber, maybe that's it. I am so excited, this mean I get something new!!. I think I am getting a new hoodie jacket!!

Hugs,
Donna

Elanajel
09-13-2006, 09:59 AM
I went to a 20/20/20 class yesterday (20 mins. step, 20 mins. weights, 20 mins. stretch/flexibility/sometimes yoga). Tonight would be kickboxing, except that I am interviewing a potential babysitter.

I checked out a short fiction writer's group last night--it meets at my local library. I volunteered to share one of my short stories next time so I am off to Starbucks (cashing in 3 WW points for a non-fat mocha) to revise the one I'll send out to the group.

Have a great day!

eeyoredja
09-13-2006, 10:31 PM
My mother has been telling me how big my sister has gotten, I haven't seen her in a few years, long story, she has drug problems, anyway, she sent me a picture of her today, she is about 450 pounds. She is on disability, as is her DH, because they are so obese. She is able to work, I think, as does my mother, but she is just too lazy. Anyway, i put her pic on my fridge as a reminder as to what i don't want to become.

Hugs,
Donna

Elanajel
09-14-2006, 12:58 PM
I made it kickboxing last night after all, which means I have exercised (either aerobics, strength or both) every single day this week. This is almost certainly the first time in my life that has ever happened.

Go me!

I am 41 tomorrow--it's great to be healthy for a new year.

eeyoredja
09-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Well, I did it, I met my Halloween Goal already, so I guess I want to try and lose another 5 pounds by Halloween.
Hugs,
Donna

Elanajel
09-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Yesterday's exercise: strength routine at the Y
Tonight's: kickboxing class

Food: much improved now that chocolate pudding is out of my life!

Elanajel
09-20-2006, 09:15 PM
:goodscale :goodscale

As I had hoped, this challenge has made me feel really accountable about my exercise. I did a great vigorous kickboxing class tonight--it included 15 mins. of abs with stability ball.

I am thinking of switching to Core next week--does anyone use that food plan regularly? Any advice? What about breakfast cereal? Do you just stick to Shredded Wheat and oatmeal? I guess it is getting to be oatmeal season.

eeyoredja
09-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Well, I am still going strong, I can't believe I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks!! This makes me want to keep going and lose another 5 before halloween!!

hugs,
Donna

MistySeptember
09-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Good morning all!!

Great job on those work outs Elana!!!!! I have not done core, b/c of the cereal issue LOL. Cereal is one of my favorite comfort foods and I can't seem to function without it. Though I do try to be as core as I can, I always have even before core was a plan, I try to choose these foods b/c you get more for you "point buck". Eggs area good alternative they are core right? You can make a nice omlet with eggs, FF cheese and lean turkey. I also throw in spinach or broccoli. But I don't like to eat eggs everyday. Sorry I can't be of more help. I think AndreaPhillip who posts on the WW general board alot does core, she may have some ideas.

Keep up the great work Donna!!!!!!!! You are doping awesome!

I am going to modify my goal. Staying on plan is too broad. While my points have been mostly on track my water, exercise ect have not.

My new goals....
Follow the Wendie Plan points targets
Exercise a mere 30 minutes three times a week
Drink 6 cups of water a day

Leygh
09-23-2006, 12:27 PM
my halloween goal is to lose 7 lbs by halloween night. and drink more water.(i drink 1.5 liters a day)

eeyoredja
09-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Welcome Leygh, that sounds like a great goal!!

hugs,
Donna

macdeez
09-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Well, I posted in another thread but set a Halloween goal so I figured I'd join you guys if that's ok. :)

I managed to get down to my GW but unfortunately, I let things slide and gained back 10lbs. Of course that isn't sitting well with me. So I'm back to lose those 10lbs and from there, maintain.

My goals for the next month and a bit:
-Stay within daily point allowance (20)
-Drink at least 64oz water/day
-Don't use "bonus" points
-Exercise 30mins x 5/wk
-Lose 6lbs (with remaining 4 to come off by mid-Nov)

Hoping to see success... I'm in desperate need of some accountability right now, so this should do it! :^:

~mel

MistySeptember
09-24-2006, 08:55 AM
Good morning Girlz!

WELCOME Macdeez and Leygh!!!!!! Other than our challenge we also have a weekly thread going where we all chat about whatever :) Feel free to jump in there as well!!!!

HERE COMES A HUGE RANT...........

TOTALLY blew my points yesterday. Had to cook with MIL. I never realized she is so OCD. I mean she can't make peanut butter clusters in just any bowl, she has to have a specific square bowl. We have to stir it with a certain spoon. Then we were making a filled angel food cake and she was watching me every second b/c she didn't think I was capable of removing the inside of the cake! My three year old could do that! And we can only use a the electric knife to cut the cake in half to put the filling in. The nice bread knife would have worked fine, but she insisted that only my FIL could possibley cut the cake with the electric knife. If she had just left and let my sister in law and I do it it would have taken half the time and I wouldn't have eaten two peices of cake to keep my mouth full to avoid yelling at her. The dessert I brought wasn't good enough so she ate that last night instead of using it for the shower, the angel food cake I baked wasn't right, nor was the dish I brought it on. I spent over $100 on food and she pretty much bought everything all over again...even though she was with me when I bought it all...so now I have all this food that I don't really eat and spent all that money I can't really afford.

Plus DH had teh kids for two hours...while they napped, then dropped them off with me at his mom's while trying to do all this and clean her house, so he could play with his desiel fuel project. I thought he would have at least taken care of heiffers so he oculd help me get the kids home and in bed, but I had to do thet myself while he went back out and took care of the stupid heiffers.

The whole day was a huge blow to my self esteem. I tried not to take it personally, but she wore me down. Now I see why my SIL only comes home every three months when she lives only two hours away! And it explains my husband's constant need to correct or comment on everything I do...he got it from her! SO the next time he calls me SHirley b/c I am acting like my Gramma I'll just say "Yes Joan"!

So one more day of this and the stupid shower is over. I am taking excederine now in anticipation of the headache that is inevitable. I have a ton of stuff to get done today, so I better get going!!! Have a great day everyone!!!!

eeyoredja
09-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Misty, sorry you had such a bad day with MIL, I know the "outlaws" can be. I am lucky, mine aren't bad, but they do have their moments. I was bad yesterday too, I had Chinese and a banana split:nono: . I am disappointed in myself, but I am back on track today. hopefully it won't hurt too bad on the scale Tuesday.:( Well, gotta run.

Hugs,
Donna

macdeez
09-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Misty, I'm so sorry to hear that you had a tough day with your MIL. I *SO* know what that's like! Sounds like you did your best... much better than I would have done.

Donna, good for you for getting right back on track! We all have slip-ups, but the most important thing is to put it behind you and move forward! Good luck on your WI tomorrow!

As for me, yesterday was a good day. I'm just getting over a cold so my appetite isn't quite up to par yet. I figure this is probably the best time to get back OP -- when I'm not so hungry anyway. By the time my appetite comes back, I'll be used to eating healthy. <--- At least that's what I'm hoping for anyway. ;)

Nothing too spectacular planned for today, just a whole lot of running around. DD has preschool and while she's there, DH and I have banking and such to do. Fun. I'm hoping we'll find time to squeeze in a walk before dinner. Guess we'll see how time goes.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day! Take care and best wishes!

~mel

CartersMama
09-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Hey ladies! I am new here today, can I join in on the challenge? I would like to loose about 8lbs by halloween!

CartersMama
09-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Sorry ladies! I just saw this was for WW. I am not part of that though. Oh I am lost here. :o

Elanajel
09-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Misty--I think we can all relate about difficult situations with MILs...sigh.

I am on track with my exercise--did the Strive circuit this morning which gave me 4 activity points for the day. I started Core yesterday and am just getting a feel for how to use it well. I ate Shredded Wheat for breakfast both yesterday and today--that is going to get tiresome soon. I may end up using some Flex points so I can keep having my Kashi GoLean waffles (yum).

Take care!

MistySeptember
09-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Good Morning!!!!!!

Thanks for the support ladies!!!!

I am back on track though and feeling good. Getting in my exercise, my water and getting my points in check!

Great Job Donna, all that counts is that you get back on track!!!

Way to go Elana!!!! You rock!

Macdeez-Glad to have you! Keep up the good work!!!

Stacia-Not all of us do WW, you are MORE than welcome!!!!!!

CartersMama
09-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks a ton ladies!!

Good morning to all! I didnt make it to the gym last night as planned. My mil decided to come over and take us to dinner. I actually did pretty good while out to eat though! I ordered a veggie plate that had steamed veggies, so not bad! I used splenda instead of regular sugar too! Hope everyone had a great night last night!! I plan on going on a walk as soon as my son wakes up! Have a great day ladies!!

macdeez
09-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Stacia, good job on dinner lastnight! Eating out is definitely difficult but it sounds like you made a very wise decision! Good for you! :)

Misty, that's great that you're doing so well! Keep up the fantastic work! :)

Elana, good work with the exercise! Wishing you all the best on Core! :)

As for me, I definitely think I made the right decision to get back OP while just getting over a cold. Today is the first day that I'm feeling "back to normal" and it's been easier to make healthier food choices. I managed to get in 6mi between yesterday and today and will walk at least 4 more tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to weighing in on Sunday... really hoping to see the scale move! :)

Anyway, I gotta run. DD has ballet in a bit. Hope you all have a great day. Take care and best wishes.

~mel

eeyoredja
09-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey chicks, I didn't weigh in Today, i am going to do it in the morning, got up late, and forgot until this afternoon.

Hugs,
Donna

CartersMama
09-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Can I just say Thank you again ladies for letting me in here! I am feeling so motivated!! Yesterday I did 4.30 miles on the eliptical! woo!! I came home to find my DH had cooked dinner and he did good! Steaks, rice and aspargus! I was very proud of him! Tonight he is on his own with pizza though, I am getting home late from the gym and I will be eating my salad that is waiting for me.

macdeez
09-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Stacia, wow, good job on the eliptical! :carrot: That's phenom! :) Keep up the great work!

Donna, how'd WI go? Any lbs lost to report?

Everyone else, hope you're having a happy and healthy day!

As for me, I've walked another 4mi today. And food is right on target. I'm really hoping to see some good results over the next month. We're going away for a few days in mid-November so it would be nice to go a few lbs lighter... maybe even at GW? :^:

Just out of curiosity, do any of you reward yourselves when you reach a certain point in your weight loss?

Anyway, I'm off for now. Take care and best wishes!

~mel

eeyoredja
09-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Mel, no change, I maintained this week, but I did lose 15 pounds in the past 2 weigh ins, so I am happy. i didn't do real well this week, but I am back on track now, and back to doing the treadmill each night with DH, we challenge each other to go 1 minute more each night.

Hugs,
Donna

Jen
09-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Morning all. Sorry I've been MIA, I've been lurking a bit, seems like everyone is hanging in there. I'm chugging along as well. Watched The Biggest Loser last night. I watched the first season from beginning to end and haven't really watched it again until now. It was a good show. It is so exciting to watch them weigh in and lose like 20 lbs in one week, that's the guys but one lady lost 14lbs, geez I'd have been happy to be the woman who lost 4 lbs! Anyway not much new going on, busy with work and trying to catch up on sleep. Take care all, have a great day!

macdeez
09-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Donna, wow 15lbs in the last 2 WI's, that's fantastic progress! WTG! Keep up the great work! And good for you for getting back OP... and challenging yourself on the treadmill! :)

Jen, I watched TBL last night too, it's so motivating to see them work so hard for what they want. I like that they're having some of the contestants do it from home, it just goes to show that we can do it without having to go to a ranch with trainers and such. :) I wonder how many calories they burned hauling all that sand in the challenge???

Everyone else... :wave: !

Things here continue to be good. No exercise planned for today, I might squeeze in a WATPs DVD later, I dunno, we'll have to see how things go. Nothing else to report.

Hope you all have a great day!

~mel

MistySeptember
09-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Hello, Hello, Hello!!

OMG I am SWAMPED right now. I have something planned every weekend for like the next 5 weeks, it's nuts! I am struggling with my exercise, water and food are ok. But I am not losing, maybe not doing as great on my eating as I think I am.

I don't have internet at the place where I babysit anymore, so getting online is hard. I am used to being able to pop in several times a day. Maybe I should break out the laptop and the treadmill and catch up with everyone. You guys are doing so great!!!!

Keep up the great work Stacia!!! Eating out is hard! You made great choices!!!

Mel-Way to go on the exercise; 4 miles is awesome!!

Jen-Slow and steady...we can do this! Hang in there with me...I need ya!

Donna-Staying the smae is great...really you don't want to go too fast, it's good you leveled off a bit this week. Stick with it you'll see a nice loss next week!

I couldn't watch BL, the two hour intro was too annoying to me, I just did not ahev the attention span to watch that for two hours. Then this week I have been so tired I haven't watched naything at all. I have been in bed by 8 or 8:30 all week! I wish I could afford TiVo! But like DH says I don't ahve time to watch it now, why would I have time later? LOL

Well off to clean...does it ever end? have a fabulous night!!!!

Elanajel
10-01-2006, 06:21 PM
1. Stay on Core daily
2. Four sessions of exercise

My home scale says I am down 1 lb. since I started Y, but I am going to use the WW weigh-in as a more accurate way of checking.

Wishing everyone a good week--;)

macdeez
10-02-2006, 02:18 PM
WI went well for me this week, I'm down 3lbs! :woo: <--- Yes, that's me celebrating! Seven lbs left to go. I'm hoping that this time next week, I'll be 1/2 way to my 10lb-lost goal. That definitely means eating OP and exercising a fair bit. I wish I could just wish the weight away. ;)

The last 10lbs have always been so difficult for me... I get *SO* close and then give up. Why is that? Anyway, I refuse this time. I'm so determined to get there and hopefully before the end of this month. :crossed:

I hope all of you are doing well... keep up the fantastic work, ladies! 29 more days to go in this challenge! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

~mel

eeyoredja
10-03-2006, 12:38 AM
Well, I weighed in this AM and am down to 269, so I lost another pound!!
Mel, way to go.

Hugs,
Donna

MistySeptember
10-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Hi all!

Elana-I hope that WW scale has a good number too!

3 pounds!!! Great job Mel!!!

Donna you are just rockin'!!! Great job again this week!!!!

My weight is up, my stress is up. I have totallly failed this challenge...what's new there you know LOL. It's insane here right now. I don't know what I need to do to get my act together. I've been journalling, writing down things to do instead of eating...I have like 80 so far. I'm just not sticking to anything. I guess I need to start small and work on water, or exercise, or something for a week.

Jen
10-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Sorry to hear that things are insane, I know you've got a lot on your plate with your new job, looking after the kids, your husband and the house and your babysitting. It's a good thing that your sitting job will be over soon, please I beg you don't take another one!!! You are making next to no money at it and it isn't worth it. At least it would free up some time for YOU and make your life a little less insane. If you feel that things are out of control pick one thing that you can effect change on ie drinking more water and work on that goal instead of getting too stressed about everything else.

Elanajel
10-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Mel--Seven pounds left is fantastic! I just found the Featherweights forum here recently (I think it is part of Support Groups--small clubs/groups). You might want to check it out.

What is everyone doing about that pesky Halloween candy? :devil: Last year I tried buying it and hiding it, but truthfully I knew where it was so that didn't do much good. THis year I am planning to only buy things I hate (Mounds, Almond Joy, Butterfingers--no offense to anyone who likes those). No matter what my choc. craving is, I know I wouldn't eat any of those.

Had a great kickboxing class last night except when she added complicated kick-while-rotating choreography. I go to kickboxing for simple moves--if I wanted to look like a klutz, I could always go back to Step class!:lol: :lol: :lol:

macdeez
10-05-2006, 03:59 PM
I hope everyone's having a good Thursday! :)

Donna, congrats on the 1lb! :carrot: That's fantastic! Keep up the great work!

Misty, I'm sorry that things are so stressful for you right now... definitely sounds as though you've got a lot on the go. I agree with Jen, try focusing on one thing (water, exercise, etc) instead of worrying about the whole deal. And don't think you've failed this challenge, you've still got plenty of time... so don't give up! :hug:

Jen, hope everything is good with you! :wave:

Elana, I'll definitely check out the Featherweights forum. Thanks for suggesting it. :) As for the Halloween candy issue, we're not buying ANY. In the three years we've lived here, we haven't had a single trick*or*treater and yet, every year, we buy buckets of candy (mostly chocolate bars, but other stuff too). So we (and by we, I mean: I) end up eating it. And then spend the month leading up to the holidays sulking that I've just consumed a truckload of calories at which time, I'm seriously depressed that I continue to binge on naughty things. It's a very vicious cycle. So it's better that I just don't have access to it to begin with. :^: Good for you for buying all the stuff you hate... that's another way to do. I, unfortunately, have never met something sweet that I didn't like. :lol: On a different note, wow, kickboxing, that sounds exciting! I'm sure you did just fine! Keep up the great work! :cheer:

As for me, everything is going good. I was naughty the other night and had McDonalds... don't worry, I learned my lesson. Felt very sick yesterday. So no more! :nono: But I'm back OP and am hoping to see movement on the scale on Sunday! :crossed: Guess we'll see...!

Anyway, DD isn't feeling well, so I'm off to take care of her. Have a great day, take care and best wishes! :)

~mel

Jen
10-05-2006, 05:07 PM
I just bought a ton of candy, we get a zillion kids living in a huge residential area. Anyway I just left it all in the bag and put it in the basement in a box under a bunch of fabric. It is out of sight and out of mind and not really in easy reach so it's not likely that I'll break into it.

iowasteph2
10-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Hello, everybody. I suppose it's about time that I stop my pity party and get back on with life. My weight is way up....about 11 pounds up from my lowest. I was at 169 on my scale this morning, and I need to be at 164 to be lifetime at WW.

I've been a complete slacker...not doing anything except work, video games, and watching TV. It's embarrassing to even type it!

I need to figure out some goals and stick to them!!

eeyoredja
10-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Steph, I don't think you have been on a pity party, you just went thru a very traumatic time. I am here for you whenever you need me.
As for the Halloween candy, I only buy something for my 12 year old SIL, my 2 nephews, and that's it. I usually take the SIL and nephews trick or treating, so I don't have to give out the candy, and by the time we get back, my FIL has handed it all out!! SO that helps, lol.
I hope to lose the last 4 pounds of my goal for Halloween, but in order to do it, I need to spend less time on the couch, and more on the treadmill, lol. We have been so busy lately that I have slacked in the exercise dept. I think that after Demo Derby season is over, things will slow down at our house. We are going to go Christmas shopping this weekend, and spend some time together. I am really looking forward to it.

Hugs,
Donna

eeyoredja
10-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Where is everybody at!! I went to a demo derby last night and froze my fluffy butt off!! Only one more this year to go, yeah!! Am getting ready to leave to go shopping with DH and then home to watch a movie and snuggle on couch, lol, can't wait!! Hope everyone's weigh in goes good this week!!

Hugs,
Donna

iowasteph2
10-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Donna.

Hmmm....where is everybody is a good question! I spent the weekend with my dad. My mom is in Las Vegas for a few months helping my brother and his family out. My dad has bursitis in his hip, and he isn't getting around the best. I spent time with him, and cleaned for him (though just a bit!)

I hope your weekends were great!

macdeez
10-11-2006, 04:00 PM
WI went well for me again this week... down another 2lbs. Only five to go! This past weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving and I was sure that I'd put back on those 2lbs I lost, but I didn't. I ate just enough to be satisified and even had a small (ok, very small) piece of pumpkin pie.

Managed to get in a 4mi walk on Monday and will do the same today. Nothing yesterday though, DH sent me to the spa for an afternoon of pampering! It was glorious! Massage. Facial. Mani. Pedi. Hair cut and color. I'm feeling so good about myself! :)

How's everyone else's week going thus far? Any lbs lost to report? Little less than three weeks to go, ladies! Let's keep up the awesome work! :carrot:

Anyway, I'm off to take DD to preschool. Have a great day! :wave:

~mel

MistySeptember
10-11-2006, 08:28 PM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: WAY TO GO MEL!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

It's been insanity here. I am so far up in my weight. I have yet to meet challenge I set for myself. I started fresh today...AGAIN! I got a new WW 12 week journal off ebay and it arrived last night so Iactually started last night as I like running my points from 5 pm to 5 pm.

well 800 things to do, have a great night!

eeyoredja
10-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Where is everybody? I hope everyone is doing ok on their challenge goals. i am doing pretty good, but really need to get back to exercising!!

Hugs,
Donna

macdeez
10-20-2006, 01:40 PM
I was just going to apologize for being MIA the last week, but it looks as though everyone has. I hope you are all keeping well... and making great progress to reaching your Halloween goals!

Things this way have been chaotic, to say the least. We're in the process of buying our first house -- it came very suddenly, to tell you the truth. So we've had a lot going on what with dealing with the mortgage broker, scheduling a home inspection, arranging the appraisal... etc, etc, etc. I really had no idea it was so hectic. Ah well, it'll be worth it.

As for my weight loss, I haven't shed another lb... but I haven't gained either, which is a huge relief. I've been eating naughty... and not exercising like I should. Maybe all the stress is helping to keep my weight where it is? :^: Nevertheless, with everything almost done with the buying of the house, I'm determined to get re-focused on my goal. I'm not sure if I'll make it to my GW in time for Halloween (I'm still 5lbs shy) but I'm certainly going to try. :)

How's everyone else doing? 11 days to go, ladies! :cheer:

Take care, best wishes and I hope you all have a great weekend!

~mel

Jen
10-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Hey all. Well I'm not overly worried about making my goal, I won't, but I really started fresh yesterday and I'm very motivated that I'm going to stay with it. I was watching The Biggest Loser and seeing the woman who was voted off really motivated me. At the end of the show they show the person who was voted off, what they look like now. She had lost 41 lbs during the time she was on the show and she's lost like another 40 or so and she just looks so great. I think it was her face that got me. Like I've been upset that my face looks so fat and you could see how much more beautiful she looked after losing 80 some odd lbs. Like she was pretty before but she looked like a million times better and for some reason it just really hit a chord with me. So Wednesday night I had this killer headache and was awake until 2am and was thinking about everything I need to start doing to lose weight and just a lot of things going on in my life that have not been great lately. So yesterday I got out all my weight loss books and started journaling again. Tonight I went down to the basement and rode my exercise bike for the first time in months and I"ll tell ya 30 minutes left me dripping with sweat but I feel pretty good so I just had to come here and say YEA ME! I hope I'll get a little close to my Halloween goal but if I don't I don't. I think though with the water weight I usually lose when I starting drinking a lot of water that I will get pretty close. Anyway just wanted to come here and let everyone know how I'm doing. I feel pretty good about myself right now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jen
10-31-2006, 09:23 AM
Bringing this back up...how did everyone do? Seems generally everyone has let the past few weeks slide a bit. Oh well, that's life. If I go by my weight from yesterday then I am still down 3 lbs from when we started so, my weight jumped up this am, pretty sure it is water, my body acts weird coming off night shifts.

Today my big goal is to stay out of the candy. I was thinking about this last night and I was going to let myself go and have candy. Then I thought about it and decided that was a bad move. Will I really feel that deprived that I didn't have any Halloween candy? I mean really I don't care for most of it, I just like the little chocolates. Well if I want chocolate that badly I'd just as soon go out and buy a big chocolate bar and be done with it. I know I can't get away with just having 1 or 2 of those little ones to satisfy my cravings, that will lead to 10 or 12 of them. So I'm going to keep my paws off the candy I bought to give out and I"ll stay away from whatever ds brings home tonight!