Support Groups - Stop the Insanity #13 With the Top 10 - Thanksgiving Challenge

mscat816
09-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Our next challenge is Thanksgiving Day! :thanks2:
Join us and STOP THE INSANITY of . . . Eating what you want and exercising when you feel like it week in and week out and expecting to see results! It's time to stop yackin' and take action mastering weekly goals including those from our Top 10 Weight Loss Tips:

1. GET OUT OF BED and have a daily meal and exercise planning/pep rally
2. Exercise 30 min daily 4 - 6 days/week
3. Drink 8 glasses of H2O - limit alcohol/carbonated beverages
4. Eat breakfast
5. Eat veggies and fruit everyday
6. Avoid processed/fast foods -Limit grains to 5 servings or less a day
7. Keep binge foods out of the house Keep healthy emergency snacks in the car
8. Keep a food journal and Post results daily (3fc!)
9. Complete your last meal by 8 p.m.
10. GO TO BED!! Get adequate sleep!

Each Monday we will post our weights and declare our promises/goas for the week. We will support each other by staying focussed on our successes and encourage each other when challenged and we will be victorious come Turkey Day!

mscat

TryinAgain5402
09-05-2006, 09:00 AM
My weight has not changed - meet with a trainor today & hope I get to start working out again. My hubby is going to count points with me between now and Thanksgiving so things should go much better!

Journal, water, EXERCISE and getting out of bed are my biggest goals for this week!

dgpebbles
09-05-2006, 11:42 PM
hello ladies

well I made it to the gym again today for 60 mins weights and 30 mins cardio...and this makes day 3 of being back on track eating all good foods again, journaling and water intake and with 2 days of exercise...so I think I'm off to a good start

tryin-glad to hear your hubby is going to join you..that makes it so much easier...hope you have a great week..

mscat816
09-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Don't fret Tryin' - I have not had a weight change either - as a matter of fact I am suffering from a weight gain - partly because I am retaining water - forgot my BP med last night and not exercising from my back sprain is not helping.

So I decided to make up for my inactivity with eating sensibly and getting plenty of water in. I have had 32 oz so far and have had a salad, soup and lots of fruit so far. :carrot:

Go Donna :cheer: you are doing great this week!

Have a great evening :wave:

mscat

dgpebbles
09-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Yeah..I made it to the gym again yesterday...45 mins of weights and 30 mins bike...I think I'm finally back on track...it only took me 3 months to do it again

mscat - hope your back is feeling better...how did your eating and water turn out yesterday?

tryin- how are you haning in there...

mscat816
09-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi Ladies - I have had a good eating and water day which is good since I have been off my feet all day. I am going to work tomorrow so I am looking forward to being active again.

Good job Donna on working out! Go Girl :hug:

My goals this week are to drink 8 oz of water everyday and eat fruit and veggies everyday. Have a great evening :wave:

mscat

mscat816
09-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Okay Ladies - I started out today on a new plan and a new commitment. My DD and I are working out everyday together and we both are following the 6 week body makeover plan!

What is going on out there amongst my cyber friends? ;) Missing all of you. I think this thread is about to fade into the sunset - I can understand. Something is missing for us including me. I hope to get some feedback from others regarding continuing!

mscat

dgpebbles
09-11-2006, 01:45 AM
sorry I've been missing...yes I want to continue this thread...I've had a busy last few days...just got home and it's late so I will post tomorrow

dgpebbles
09-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Happy Monday

let's make this another good week...I will see if I can get some more people to join our thread if you want me too..

mscat-good luck to you and DD on your new plan...How did you do last week?

I finished the week with 4 days of exercise..ate good for the most part...drank all my water daily....I still need to work on eating more fruits and veggies...I also need to work on going to bed earlier....weigh-in today and I'm down 1.6lbs which now puts me at 152.2

mscat816
09-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Yea! Donna! :woo: :cheer: :dance: You are steadily moving down.

I did poorly last week - partly because of my back injury and not being able to exercise for a few days. This a.m. I got up and got in a 20 minute :belly: workout. I drank a lot of water (peed all day) and ate everything on my plan.

Thank you for your support Donna - I am glad you are interested in continuing with the thread. Let me know if there is something I can do to make the thread more interesting or attractive.

mscat

dgpebbles
09-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Hope the ladies join back with us soon...I've been posting with you for a very long time and you help keep me motivated...I love talk to everyone on here...this is my favorite thread even if it is just the two of us...

Hope your back is doing better...great job gettting in the workout ...I can home and went straight to bed....I was so tired....I did get in my water too and I ate some veggies....going to the gym tonight

have a great day

sapphire35
09-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Ladies I will join this thread. I like the challenge that you have set for Thanksgiving. Its to the point. I also post on the winner losers thread. It is very motivated group, nice group of ladies. I am going to try to post in both locations.

A little bit about me. I am married, with a 1 yr old little girl, (twin survivor) who actually 11 months adjusted age. She was 3 months early weighing in at 1lb 3oz. I live in st. louis. I am trying to lose this weight for myself and my daughter. She is my only child and I want to be able to play and keep up with her. If she can fight for her life to be here. Then I can fight this weight loss and win.:carrot: :carrot:

I am currently working out 3 days week and is trying to increase to 5 or more. I am currently only intaking about 52 to 74 ounces of water a day. Need to be doing 100. I have just simply cut my portions drastically and starting eating breakfast. My breakfast consist of only fruits. I normally eat small lunch. And a meat, 2 vegetables for dinner. I have been doing for 3 weeks and have lost 9lbs. I want more loss.

I would love to join you two ladies if you don't mind the interruption.

TryinAgain5402
09-13-2006, 09:14 AM
This has really been a lousy year healthwise! I was sick with a virus and in bed for a whole week! I'm not going to change my weight, because I know its a "sick" weight loss and will bounce back to where it should be soon.

My plan is to return to the gym tonight and slowly work back into it - it's been a week so don't want to end up hurting myself again! Eating is back from nothing to the challenge of portion control, water's down - but I'm working on that! Right now, just getting out of bed is my biggest challenge!

Ladies - I am so glad you didnt let this just fade away! It's so easy to make excuses to fail & despite all of our injuries, illness, big & little steps backwards, we continue to pick ourselves up and get back with it! There is strength in numbers - I just want my numbers to be a little less!

Have a good day all!

dgpebbles
09-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Trish-welcome..sounds like you have a good plan and good motivation...us ladies here have been together since about the first of the year...great support here..

tryin-glad to see you back...sorry to hear you've been sick..

mscat- morning hope your hanging in there...I know you are

as for me had a long day yesterday...didn't do to good eating but will be back on track today

mscat816
09-13-2006, 01:15 PM
:welcome2: Trish! Thank you so much for joining our thread! What an inspiring thought - managing your health for your daughter. We are a small but mighty group and we are looking forward to having you share your inspiration and motivation with us :grouphug:

My dear Donna :hug: Thank you for your expression of what this thread means to you. I want you to know that knowing that is enough to keep me posting with you. Your presence on the thread is valuable to me too! And now we have Trish!

I have had a great week - As I said before, DD and I took on the 6 - week body makeover plan. For me it was difficult to manage my food on my own - I needed something concrete to follow. With my belly cllass starting in a week, I was inspired to follow the plan and workout almost everyday.
And today I am down from 237 to 230! :carrot: :woo: :dance: :cb: Please notice my new short term goal of 225!
Let's all kick butt today!

mscat

Luckymom1
09-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi everyone I am stuck I want to exercise but am impaired everytime I exercise my right foot that has RSD acts up. Please exercise for me. I wam still going to try the stationary pedal thing. Maybe it will do something I have to try something. Rats.

Luckymom1
09-13-2006, 03:58 PM
:hug: It is nice that someone is trying like me. I have really missed you guys. I hope one of you lets me know what is going on with the turkey challenge. I want to try. I go back to my orthopedic doc in Oct. I hope I can be more ambulatory. :?:

dgpebbles
09-14-2006, 09:10 AM
quick post here...I have not done nothing all this week except go to bed early...I've been so tired this week...I don't know whats up...I have a half day meeting today and then we are going to play softball...this should be lots of fun..lol...I haven't played in like over 20 years...

mscat--thanks :hug: WOW down 7lbs ...you go girl..:cheer: :cheer: :balloons: thats awesome....I knew you could do it...

mscat816
09-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Auuuugh :tantrum: it's midnight and I still have stuff to do! No exercise today although I was running around with errands all day. Plenty of water and ate great on my plan. Weight holding :cheer:

Donna - I wish I could get to bed early - hmmm going to try that next! I hope you had a great time playing.

:welcome: Lucky! What is RSD? Sounds like you are challenged but you know of some alternative activities you can do - So get going girl - YOU CAN DO IT! :carrot:
Have a great day on Friday girls :wave:
mscat

Luckymom1
09-15-2006, 09:40 AM
:hug:Thanks for the response mscat. RSD is a chronic sympathetic nerve disorder that causes pain swelling and circulatory problems. It often mimics a fracture but is id by process of elimination. I have to us a leg rest at work and sit at my desk. When I get home I try to use a pedal (bike like) exerciser that keeps the weight off and gives me some exercise. Though my right foot still gets red and swells. But i continue to work at it. :dizzy: My sis is over weight :( as well as I. I try to encourage her to get exercise and not eat so much but she is resistant. She take actos and this new injection (lizard spit or something)to control her diabetes. Luckily she has not suffered any nerve damage or anything to motivate her I just wish she would try to lose so she doesn't end up having problems like me. Some of the people I have talked to say my RSD could partly be due to my diabetic neuropathy in my feet. :angel: Thanks again for the support mscat. And to everyone hope you have a good weekend.:dust:

mscat816
09-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Lucky - Kudos, admiration and praises to you! :bravo: for not giving up and staying in the game. We are here for you :grouphug:

Now to the rest of us - if Luckymom can do it with all her obstacles - WE CAN TOO!

Have a great day everyone :wave:

mscat

mscat816
09-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Worked on my class plans today - 20 minutes of belly dance workout and warmup. going to spend some time on the treadmill also - got lots of water in - working on more. I am going to have a fantastic weigh-in tomorrow!

Have a great Sunday ladies and don't forget, Monday is weigh in day! :goodscale:

mscat

Luckymom1
09-18-2006, 01:00 PM
:angel: You are such an angel for cheering me on. I can't tell you how much you all mean to me. :hug: I went to the endocrinologist why do the doc scales always weigh me more than at home. I weighed in at 231 but he says I have lost 11 lbs since March. I guess it is ok a slow loss. But I am hanging in there. I hope to lose down at least 10lb by :turkey: Again thanks for your support.

mscat816
09-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Quickie Posts! I am running like a :turkey: with no head! Got a great 30 minute treadmill run in yesterday in addition to my belly workout. Had tons of water today so far and ate well on my plan. Didn't weigh myself yet - will do it tonight or first thing in the a.m.

See ya! mscat :wave:

dgpebbles
09-18-2006, 08:04 PM
hello ladies

sorry I've been missing...had another busy week last week...anyway I ate so so ...did drink my water daily but I did not do not even one day of exercise last week...I did weigh-in today and I'm the same so at least thats good....getting back on track this week...fixing to go to the gym now.

mscat-great job getting in your workouts with your busy schedule...good luck with your weigh-in tonight/tomorrow

lucky- i hear you about them dr scales..lol..how is your biking going....congrats on the 10lb loss...its better to lose it slow than fast so it will stay off...you can do it just stick with it girl

dgpebbles
09-19-2006, 08:56 AM
well I made it to the gym yesterday but I was so tired that all I did was about a 30 min leg workout with weighs...no cardio...going again tonight after work...hope to get in cardio this time

deleted
09-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi Donna, Mscat, and Lucky :grouphug: ... we cut one week off the beach vacation because of Red Tide down on the Gulf beaches in Florida. Not knowing if you were going to face the odor, the dead sealife, the coughing & sneezing, the next day ......... too much to deal with. But we had a wonderful two weeks there, had a beautiful time in the water for five of those days. Also ate yummy meals, took boat ride/dolphin cruise, went to an aquarium, etc. So it was a great vacation ... but it is always good to be home. My nice firm bed, my favorite TV programs all lined up, my own kitchen ... it was time! :)

The bad news is that, after all this travel and having company this summer, my weight is all the way up to 217 this morning .... YIKES!!! Highest in a couple of years now! :( I hope that I can start eating with more moderation now, otherwise, I'll be buying a new wardrobe! NOT ... :mad:

So I'm back with you, girls, and maybe we can all get inspired this Fall season to do our best! Good luck to all of you ... Donna, you're doing so well, and I'm proud of you! Maybe I will "catch" some of your determination! :p

Have a good one, everybody! It's great to be back ... :cheer:

deleted
09-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Happy Wednesday, ladies. :sunny: Since I posted yesterday, I managed to keep my calories at 1800 for Tuesday, and I'm doing well with food so far today. AND ... :dance: ... biggie for me, I did a 2-mile walk around lunchtime today. Boy, can I tell I've been a couch potato lately! (Compared to when I was on my water aerobics/weight machines/walking program for over a year. :( )

Mscat, I hope you had a good weigh-in on Monday, and that your week is going well. Donna, did your neck completely heal from that incident a few weeks ago? I hope your exercise is going well this week!

:grouphug: to all! A day at a time ...:dizzy:

deleted
09-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Looks like I'm talking to myself here, but I shall continue!:D Good morning, ladies. I have dropped two lbs. with two days of moderation ... I ate about 1900 calories yesterday. Tonight I will go to my first water aerobics class of the Fall season, and the instructor may pass out and drown from the shock of seeing my face there again! :o I'm trying to stay busy in this messy house so I stay away from the kitchen.

You ladies have a great day! :-)

dgpebbles
09-21-2006, 10:40 AM
morning ladies

Bonnie- congrats on the 2lbs..and great job getting back on track with your eating and walking...yes my neck is better..thank you..glad your back with us again...we missed you..

Well I haven't done anything again so far this week except monday...hope I get in something today...

deleted
09-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Hey there Donna ... so good to talk with you, and glad your neck is okay. I hope you managed your exercise today; I didn't go to water aerobics tonight ... had a little dizzy headache today ... but will walk my two miles first thing in the morning. Have finished my food for the day, with 1700 calories so I'm happy. :D This is three days of not being out of control, like I was, so I'll take it!

Hope you're having a good evening, all ... :)

mscat816
09-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Hi Ladies - quickie posts! Whipped after my :belly: class - staying ahead of my students. 40 women showed up for the class!

I am up a few pounds - but I am not worried. I worked it off tonight and I will be able to get my water in again tomorrow.
Hi Donna! :wave: WTG on the workout the other day.
:welcome2: back Bonnie - we missed you. You will lose that weight in no time - remember I am chasing you!

Have a great evening ladies - mscat

TryinAgain5402
09-22-2006, 08:14 AM
I'm as guilty as everyone else, but - What happened to Stop the Insanity; no more excuses?

deleted
09-22-2006, 10:21 AM
TryinAgain, your point is? :?: I can't comment as your remark is vague to me ........ Do you mean that we all seem to be ignoring our stated intentions? (But, BTW, good to see you again ... :) )

Luckymom1
09-22-2006, 10:41 AM
You gals don't seem to be having to bad a time. Are you??? :thanks2: challeng is great but we have to make it past Halloween. Baby steps you know. I think we can all do it. Just keep forging ahead.

dgpebbles
09-22-2006, 01:45 PM
morning ladies

Well I don't know whats wrong with me...I just can't seem to stay motivated...It's like I've lost so much already and I proud of my new look that I can't stay on track...But I do still want to lose more and tone up more...I only have 12lbs more to be at my original goal but I changed my goal to where I added 10 more to lose...I'm never going to get there at the rate I'm going now...I've got to get my mind set back to where it was before...

I think the insanity has gotten me..lol..anyway I'm going to try to get back on track and stay there..

luckymom-your right we all have to take baby steps..one day at a time

tryin-I'm right there with you..no more excuses

Bonnie-great job on keeping it under control...3 days back on track is great...you will be back down before you know it

mscat-WTG on your class and wow 40 students showed up...how did they all like it?

deleted
09-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Donna, you have done fantastically, and I haven't heard you making any excuses. You've lost a lot of weight in a pretty short period, really, if you take the months that you've been dieting and divide it into your pounds lost. You've been a shining example for the rest of us, and I think your body is just adjusting to the weight you've already lost right now. As you get closer to your ideal weight, it's like pulling hen's teeth to lose the extra lbs. I can't remember how tall you are? But anyway, just wanted to say that you have no reason to get down on yourself for a moment ... You are very close to ideal weight, and it gets SO hard as you deal with the last 10 - 15 lbs. or so! :hug:

deleted
09-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Well, I did it ... took my second long walk in three days! I really was not in the mood, just about DRAGGED my butt outside, but I'm so glad I did. I'll be doing a ton of walking at the NC State/Boston College football game tomorrow night, and may even make it to water aerobics in the morning. But I will consider the game good exercise, even if that's all I do tomorrow.

My temptation will be the tail-gating party that we attend before the game (and sometimes after), and two people that push me constantly to eat this and drink that!!! :devil: I'm not very good at resisting, and they make you feel like a leper if you're the only one not partaking, I swear! :o Oh, well, I survived saying no a couple of years ago, and I can do it again!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

deleted
09-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Well, no football game today as the Migraine (a bit of dizziness, mainly) is hanging in here. I managed to do well with my food yesterday ... anything 2000 cals. or under is good for my first week, but I MUST hold it to 1800 starting Monday.

I'm looking forward to the Monday weigh-in, and I'm going to get up Monday morning and do it first thing!!! :o I think that's one thing that can help us all and keep us honest ..... no matter if you've eaten a ton of salt on the weekend, forgotten your diuretic, lost control of portions on the weekend ... (I can find a million excuses), maybe we should FORCE ourselves to weigh and report on Mondays, like we used to.

I assume the main reason we're all here ... bottom-line ... is to lose weight. I've done a terrible job of it in the last year; in fact, I've gained 26 lbs. (as of today). I have to stop *trying* and *planning* ... I just have to do it! :mad:

Best of luck to all of you on this thread! :flow1:

deleted
09-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Well, I definitely seem to be talking to myself but I'll continue ... :D Happy Sunday, Mscat, Donna, Tryin', LuckyMom ... hope you're all having a good weekend.

Just did my third 2-mile walk for the week!!! YAY!!!!!! :p When I weigh in tomorrow, it will be for six days, as we were traveling home last Monday and still eating as though there was no tomorrow. I managed to stay under 2000 calories again yesterday. Tomorrow I must buckle down to 1800 ...

See you all at weigh-in tomorrow morning, I hope! :)

dgpebbles
09-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Bonnie-thanks for the kind words and encouragement....you are also doing a great job getting back on track...I agree with you that we need to start posting our weigh-ins again on mondays...we all need to STOP THE INSANITY again and get focused on our goals of why we are here..Sorry to hear you are having headaches..Are you having caffine headaches for getting back on track? I know I did

I did manage a short jog on friday night but noting yesterday...hope to get in something today...tomorrow I'm going to try to stay focused and get back on track with my eating and exercise..

Good luck with weigh-in tomorrow

dgpebbles
09-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Bonnie- great job with your walks and calories...lol we both posted at almost the same time

mscat816
09-25-2006, 02:04 AM
I am toggling around 230 and can't get under yet. Horrible eating (not overeating, just not eating enough!) and water has not been good - having bladder problems again - I am a tinkling sensation today. Seeing a specialist this month and I hope to get it resolved soon.
Bonnie - You go girl :bravo: You keep us motivated the way you model how to jump right back on the bandwagon.
Donna - I agree with Bonnie :cheer: you have come too far to give up now.
Tryin' and Lucky - I didn't even think about Halloween :fr: when I created the Thanksgiving challenge-Let's consider Halloween our mini hump.

Well, everyone liked my class and I am not quite sure how to keep that many ladies challenged for the next 14 weeks, but I am sure I will keep it up. Had another class at my house on Saturday, and girls' night out for my girlfriend and her co-workers. It was fun, I am sore and I think I lost a few more pounds and/or inches from teaching all these classes!

Have a great day on Monday!

deleted
09-25-2006, 09:12 AM
I weighed 217 last Tuesday when I started dieting again; today I'm 214 lbs.

WEIGHT-LOSS FOR LAST WEEK: 3 POUNDS! :flow1:

I will be anxious to hear how the rest of you guys did last week. I think I will do a little chart like we used to, every week ... with our names (those who want to be included), and how much we've lost, if you girls would like. Then we can SEE our progress from week to week ... :) I will start with our weights as of today, okay?

I hope to go to water aerobics tonight, OR just go work out by myself today, if my friend isn't interested in the class tonight.

My challenge for this week: Stay at 1800 calories, and do some kind of exercise everyday.

Donna, I have a rare kind of Migraine which has lessened over the years. But when I get one, I have symptoms like dizziness, nausea, visual problems that sometimes really hang on with me. Thank goodness, as I've gotten older, the syndrome has gotten much better. By Saturday night, I was back to feeling normal, thank you! :hug:

BTW, Donna, I know you've told me how tall you are, but tell me again? :dizzy: Are you about 5'? Seems I talked with you about my barely 5' niece once?

Here I go on day #1 of week #2! :flow1: Good luck this week, Donna, Mscat, Luckymom, Tryin' .... :cheer:

deleted
09-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Okay, ladies! I managed almost an hour of water aerobics in the pool today, so I have exercised TWO DAYS IN A ROW now. :) The water was perfect (sometimes they have our indoor pool at the Y just freezing!) Wow, I'd forgotten how hungry you get from serious water exercise ...

I've had my dinner, and I still have about 200 calories left for the evening. Hope everyone else is having a good one ... :)

deleted
09-26-2006, 01:21 PM
:sunny: Hi ladies ... Day #3 of exercise accomplished. I did a 2-mile walk early today, and FALL IS IN THE AIR! :D So beautiful outside ... and the whole week is supposed to be this way. I ended yesterday with 1490 calories, would not allow myself to go near the kitchen late last night. I'm reading at night to take my mind off that hollow feeling ....:dizzy:

Mscat, hope your bladder problems get resolved soon. With all the water you drink, it's amazing that you would have a problem. When I've had a couple of bladder infections in my life, the doctor always says ... drink, drink, drink water and cranberry juice. Sure hope you're all better soon!

Have a good one, all! :cheer:

dgpebbles
09-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Hello ladies

Sorry I didn't post yesteray but I've been really sick for the last 2 days..My weigh-in for yesteray is still the same..152.2..glad to know that Im at least standinf still with my bad habits these last few weeks..

I'm back on track eating this week but no exercise cause I can't breathe as it is with this sinus problem..Hope to be feeling better soon and hitting the gym again..

Bonnie-you go girl...you are doing a great job getting back on track and staying there.. you really are motivated right now..keep it up and congrats on the weight loss .

mscat-I bet your having fun shaking that booty..

dgpebbles
09-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Bonnie-almost forgot your question...I'm 5'2"

ladies-also it's not that I was giving up..I just can seem to stay motivated...but there is no way I'm going to mess up and gain back anything that I have lost...like you all said I worked too hard to get here..after this cold is gone I plan on giving it everything I got again

deleted
09-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Donna, I do hope you feel better soon. :hug: What a lousy time of year to get sinus & sore throat problems!!! Hope you are eating lots of chicken soup ... it really is good for us! Let yourself rest for a few days before you really push the exercise again ... you don't want to relapse.

130 lbs. sounds like the perfect goal weight for your height. I'm sure you will attain it, and I'm sure you'll keep it off, after all the hard work. Just remember what a horrible time your buddy Bonnie has had, getting off what she RE-GAINED :mad: and you'll only eat a SMALL piece of cake! :D It is so much easier not to gain back in the first place!!!

Donna, is your daughter still home with you, or did she get married/engaged? I can't remember the last thing you told me about her. Does she help you with your diet, exercise with you, etc.? I'm going away Friday and Saturday but my sister (who I'm visiting) and I have already agreed to stick with our diets, even have shrimp cocktail and filet mignon planned for dinner so we won't overdo.

I've gotten through the day with 1600 calories, and got in the walk so I feel good! That's eight days of being back on track ... YAY!!!!!! :p

Hope to hear from some of the other ladies before too long ...

Have a good night, Donna!

dgpebbles
09-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Moring bonnie

my daughter just started her first year of college..she still lives at home and I don't see her going anywhere soon...she has a boyfriend but I don't think it will last...between her school 4 days a week and working 5 days a week and me working 5 days a week we really dont see each other very much...she doesn't really help me too much..I think she hates that i'm almost her size now cause she has made some comments about how sick it is that I'm right behind her on weight and clothes.

well you have the hard part behind you now 8 days down is great...you should now be having the craving disapear now...your doing a great job..keep up with the walking and water areobics...cant wait till next weeks weigh-in...we both should have some movement again

deleted
09-27-2006, 05:04 PM
:sunny: Happy Wednesday, all! Day #4 of exercise completed ... I did close to an hour of water aerobics this morning.

You're right, Donna. Some of the cravings have lessened by today, and I've lost that frantic feeling that I'll just starve if I can't eat everything I want to or that looks good to me! :dizzy: Today I discovered some new veggie patties at Costco that they were giving samples of. Bought some and immediately came home and had one on a sandwich, and the other by itself. They are delicious, only 170 cals. each. I fried them in a spritz of olive oil Pam, and they are yummy. Veggies shredded, mixed with sunflowers seeds and bread crumbs ... YUM!

Donna, you didn't say how you're feeling today, but I hope it's "BETTER!" Kids can be funny, can't they, as to how they feel about their Mom's weight, appearance, etc. They don't want Mom to look bad, but they don't want her to look too good either, in some cases. :^: Oh, well, it all passes eventually.

Hope Tryin', LuckyMom and Mscat drop by soon. Where are you, ladies? Hope you're not out gettin' in trouble! :D

I have about 500 calories left for today ... I've been using Fitday.com and I really like entering the food, and seeing how my nutrition levels are. I did buy some multi-vitamins today; I'm not sure they do a darn thing, but guess they won't hurt.

Have a great evening, all! :cheer:

dgpebbles
09-27-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm still not feeling all that good...still have sinus , sore throat and but ear ache is getting alittle better..I did manage to do 30 crunches last night while watching tv...I'm doing good on eating this week and drinking my water..

Bonnie I take a multi vitamin and calcium twice a day along with flax seed oil(pills) and omega 3-6-9- oils(pills)...I do know that now that I've been taking them for over 6 months that if I skip a day I can feel it so it does help.

mscat816
09-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Well I am still holding around 230 - 232 :eek: I haven't exercised all week but I have my bellydance class tomorrow. I plan to prepare an hour tonight. Getting breakfast in every a.m. seems to really make a difference.

Congratulations Bonnie :bravo: on your weight loss and 4 days of exercise down this week. You are a machine! I love the idea of the chart.

Donna - :cp: :cp: :cp: Situps even when you are sick! I hope you feel better. BTW I am having the time of my life shaking my booty!

Hey Tryin' and Lucky :wave: stop in - we miss you.

mscat

dgpebbles
09-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Morning ladies

I started feeling better last night so i went to the gym for 45 mins of weights but no cardio..I was afraid I would start coughing if i got hot..and can home and did 30 crunches again..made 3 days now of eating good..

mscat- get your but moving girl..anyway have fun with your class tonight

oh by the way I have a date sat night and then we are going to the football game sun.. wish me luck

deleted
09-28-2006, 11:21 AM
:flow2: Hey ladies! :flow2:

How are you guys today? I'm doing well .... just got in my 5th day of exercise ... a 2-mile walk. I'm on my 10th day of eating well so maybe I am beginning to get back on track. I need to either walk or do water aerobics tomorrow EARLY before I leave for my sister's for an overnight. I don't like to walk two days in a row (my knees) and the water aerobics, showering after, etc. takes so long .......... Oh, well, I must do one or the other! :dizzy:

Nice to see your smiling face, Mscat. :hug: Your belly-dancing class sounds fun, and I would certainly have enough tummy to dance with! :D I hope your food is going well this week, and that you're getting revved up for more exercise next week. I am literally talking to myself in the morning about the exercise ...GET OUT AND DO IT EARLY so I'll get it done.! :^: Is the weather beautiful in Michigan right now? It's sunny, clear 70's here in Raleigh, mostly, and great for walking. :)

Donna, so glad you felt well enough to do your weights and crunches last night. Way to go with your three good days of eating! It's really just a day at a time, isn't it? All of a sudden I'm on my tenth day ... before we know it, it will be a month, and our scales will have gone south for us! :hug: So you have a date! :p What football game are you attending? That sounds like FUN; enjoy your food at the game ... enjoy something! I always allow myself a hot dog, no matter how strict I'm being, 'cause what's a ballgame without a hot dog!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I've learned not to get the buttered popcorn at RBC Center because it is just swimming in butter; you actually feel sick when you finish, although it does start off tasting wonderful. But with a hot dog and ice cream, you know what you're eating, and can count the calories. You have a wonderful time, and we'll want to hear ALL the details! I was offered tickets to the Duke-Virginia game at Duke .... would NEVER pull for Duke, but a friend who's husband works there wanted me to see what the game atmosphere/stadium is like there. But I will be away so couldn't take her up on it.

Well, time to eat. It's 11:20, and I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Very unusual for me to start eating this late, and I am famished.

You ladies have a wonderful day, and I'll post again later tonight.

:cheer: for us all!

dgpebbles
09-30-2006, 12:02 PM
morning ladies

I still have a sore throat and ear ache some...sinus is getting better but i still dont feel up to much...have been eating good all week but only got in one day of weights and a few days of crunchs..

bonnie--hope your having a great time and watching those calories..

mscat -how are you doing?

deleted
09-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Donna, hope your date will go great tonight, and that YOUR team will win the game tomorrow!!! Have you gotten any meds for these ailments that you're mentioning? Tha's a good while for a sore throat to hang on. Hope you feel much better soon.

I've had about 700 calories today, and doing well. It's a beautiful weekend here, and wish we could have this weather all year! No exercise today, but for sure tomorrow, either pool or walking!

Hope you ladies are all having a good weekend! :cheer:

mscat816
10-01-2006, 12:12 AM
I am done with my class! :cheer: :woo: :dance: I am so excited - I know that I can accomplish anything and anything is possible because of what I triumphed over in this program. I am taking on being free and passionate when it comes to my health. My weight has been holding and now I am committed that it start dropping. With teaching my belly dance class, I know I will win.

Just had a great Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party for my DD at Ruby Tuesdays with 14 of her friends from school (well a few others I didn't know were coming!). The teens got their choice of appetizers or burgers, soft drinks, and we had a great cake with her picture. My last piece of cake until Turkey day!

Hi Bonnie - You are doing so well - you are diligent and a great example to us all. :hug: thanks for posting again so regularly.

Donna :wave: hope all went well on your date! Get better.

Have a great Sunday, girls.

mscat816
10-01-2006, 10:09 PM
I have had a full day and I am taking on going to bed by 11 tonight and 10 a.m. for the rest of the week - I'm taking on an extra dose of :dust: Had a good breakfast this a.m. and ate a great lunch. I was sooo full I didn't feel hungry at dinner. It's too late and I am determined not to eat after 8 either so I am having some grapes. Going to get up a little earlier tomorrow so I can get a treadmill workout in. I need more than my once a week :belly: dance class to keep fit. I am afraid to weigh in tomorrow :fr: I am hoping my BB buddies will show me there is nothing to it!
See ya in the mornin' :wave:
mscat

dgpebbles
10-03-2006, 08:43 AM
morning mscat
Well I'm down 1lb this week...I ate good all week but just didn't get in much exercise...I am feel better now and hope to get back on track

TryinAgain5402
10-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Good morning ladies - glad to see all are alive and well and such LOSERS! It's so encouraging to see everyone posting their losses!

I haven't seen the 230's yet - but getting close. Working out as much as home and work will allow, walking as much as I can (essential with a new pupppy in the house) and actually went dancing 2 nights in a row with hubby last weekend; Usually lucky to go twice a year! Moved around a lot - had to make up for the wine I was heavily consuming!

Hope all have a great week - my goal is to walk at lunch everyday and go to the gym rotating cardio & weights everyday this week!

mscat816
10-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Hi Ladies - Well I weighed in and I am up to 233 - can't seem to break that 230 barrier either Tryin'! :tantrum:
But I am not giving up - I did 2 stairclimbing workouts yesterday :carrot: I am committed to getting 20 - 30 minutes of activity in 5 days a week (Thursdays are covered with belly dance class). It's raining today and I have a meeting after work tonight AND I will get my 30 minutes in somehow, someway. Working on water today - will take all day to get my 64 oz in - no more guzzling the first 32 in one shot - makes me tinkle too much! Didn't make it to bed by 10:30 but I will do it tonight.
Hi Tryin' - Outstanding goals :cheer: you will hit that 230 mark soon.
Donna :bravo: on your loss!
Have a great day and kick some butt :strong:

dgpebbles
10-03-2006, 09:18 PM
tryin-you will get there just keeping pushing..great goals..i need to follow you ...your gym idea of alternating cardio/weights sounds good...makes time easier too.

mscat--you go girl....2 stair workouts....wow just reading it makes me tired... i dont think it matters how you drink your 64 oz...you still always have to tinkle.lol

had to work over again today so still no workout for me this week

mscat816
10-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Okay - I am crazed :tantrum: I am not consistent with anything except exercise! So I am starting on my water this a.m. to make sure I get that in for the day. I packed my lunch and snacks today so I can make certain I stop eating fried foods and I am teaching class today so I will get in my workout. This morning I pulled all my summer stuff out of the closet so I can get my winter clothes out! :woo: I am committed to eating a snack at 10 - lunch at 1, snack at 3 and dinner before 8!

My office is a mess and I am committed to cleaning it today- I am taking on a lot but by the end of the day - I will be victorious! :strong:

Who's taking a challenge on for the day?????

mscat

TryinAgain5402
10-05-2006, 05:33 PM
mscat - what got you so revved up?? Need to share! My goal is to make it home and veg out and watch Greys Anatomy - my new addiction.

Hope victory was yours!

dgpebbles
10-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Well I have done any exercise all week..I'm still eating good and drinking my water...My friend is going to meet me tomorrow morning at the gym so hopefully I'll get motivated to start going again...i got back to going some then got sick and now I'm unmotivted again...funny how that happens..

tryin--OMG I love Greys Anatomy...I hope things are going good with you

mscat-at least your getting in your exercise...thats more than the rest of us...how was your class this week...did you have a bunch of ladies show up again this week...good luck on your eating plan

carla49
10-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Hello old friends! I'm not really back - for the time being challenges are just too challenging for me. :lol: But I've managed not to GAIN even tho there's no loss...
I recently got a PM from Bonnie, and when I tried to reply yesterday, she showed as deleted, and all her posts are deleted too. Mscat, dgpebbles, do either of you know what happened? :?: Do you happen to have an email address for her? I feel quite awful that I didn't respond sooner, and hope she's okay. I hope one of you will PM me with some info on what's up!

I do miss my BB buddies, and lurk from time to time to see how you're doing. :hug: :hug: :hug:

mscat816
10-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Well I got my office cleaned :woo: and I have not made it to bed by 10 but I have been in the bed before 11 a couple of times this week - baby steps - next week going for 10:30 p.m. Getting in 2/3 of my water consistently.

:welcome2: back carla!
Go Donna :cheer: keep up that consistency. My class was great - the best thing is that I requested all my students email me their contact info so I can create a group - and the comments have been inspiring! My food is great - protein, fruits veggies and limited carbs.

Tryin' :wave: I'm just creating getting complete with something every day even if it is one small thing. Today I finished switching out my clothes, and cleaned out a cluttered corner of my closet. I have a lot of bigger projects to attend to but It felt great to get something done. For my well being, I drank half of my water for the day and posted here. My goals to acknowledge myself for the things I can do, accomplish everyday rather that beat myself up for what I don't get done. Just a matter of where you want to focus your energy and attention!

Have a great evening! mscat

dgpebbles
10-09-2006, 09:02 AM
morning ladies

well i finished the week ok...I drank my water and ate good for the most part...did not get in any cardio but I did do a few days of hand weights and crunches....Weigh-in today..I down 1lb which puts me at 150.2...I'm so close to the 140"s I can taste it...I going to puch haed this week

Carla-welcome back ..we missed you...you need to stop in more often...

Mscat-sounds like you had a good week..keep on with the one thing at a time...seems to be working for you.

Good luck today with weigh-in

mscat816
10-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Ok my weight is not going down! But I am just going to fight it every step of the weigh :strong: I got in a 40 minute treadmill workout in last night. I am working on water right now and I will get in a 30 minute some kinda workout before turning in this evening. Other than that it is a great day!
YEAHH!! :cheer: Donna for that awesome 1lb down :woo: you will be in the 140's before you know it!
How is carla and tryin'???? :wave:
mscat

mscat816
10-11-2006, 07:11 AM
Hi chickies! I did it again!!! Got in a 30 minute treadmill workout last night :dance: :woo: I ate great but didn't do the water like I know I can. So I am starting my morning off with 24 oz before I get dressed. Wish me luck on making it to the potty when I get to work.

Who else is getting a jump start this a.m. on your goals?

mscat

mscat816
10-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Ate great - water :blah: but exercise is kickin! I had a great :belly: class today - The ladies were quick to get the new moves and we wore each other out. I am so pumped up I am thinking of getting on the treadmill again - I am a little sore so I might wait until the a.m.

How is everyone doing out there?????

mscat

Luckymom1
10-13-2006, 06:55 AM
Hey everybody. I feel much beter got released from the Dr. am do some minor non-weigh bearing exercise with a pedal machine every evening. Recovering from the in office tragedy- so eating back under control. Started adding the new fiberall stuff to my food and helps increase fiber intake and fills me up. The stuff has no flavor, does not thicken or feel grainy. It really workds like the commercial says. You can buy the generic equivalent at Walmart for 1/2 price of the brand name. I am glad to hear that everyone is getting life under control.

mscat816
10-13-2006, 09:37 AM
I am sooooo energized this a.m. I have had breakfast :cheer: and I have a belly dance lesson scheduled with a private customer this evening so I will get another workout in :woo: I am getting that water in no matter what - I am taking on the state of BEING UNSTOPPABLE in reaching all my goals today - weight loss, personal, work, etc.
Luckymom :welcome2: back!!!! We missed you - take it easy and it doesn't matter what you do as long as you do something.
Have a great lucky Friday! mscat :wave:

mscat816
10-15-2006, 12:44 AM
I am exhausted! Had an 1 and 1/2 hour long bellydance session with a private client. It was great but after 2 days in a row - boy am I sore. Then today (Saturday) I spent several hours shopping at the hardware stores with DH to prepare for a home improvement project. Then worked till 10:30 p.m on the project until we got stopped due to a missing part- need a 6 inch blade for my saw to cut a door jam that isn't plumb. Oops - I forgot this is the weight loss thread not the Do it Yourself site! :dizzy:

Anyway - all that is to say I didn't get much exercise in other than the walking, shopping, lifting, hauling, sawing, and cleaning out the garage to make way for the project. Hmmm - I guess I did get a workout in. How's everyone doing out there? Don't forget - Monday is our weigh in day!

Have a great Sunday:wave: mscat

mscat816
10-17-2006, 04:46 PM
AAAAAHHHHHHGGGG! My weight is not moving but i know its because I am not getting my water in - going to the urologist this month to have my pee problem looked into so I am looking forward to being free to drink all the water I want and need. Until then, drinking as much as I can (which ain't much!)

How is everyone doing out there and let's report in any losses. Come on - I need to hear some good news!

mscat

dgpebbles
10-18-2006, 09:58 AM
hello ladies

sorry I've been missing again and I have no good news to report...I've just been super busy....My weight is still the same...I haven't worked out in over a week now...been doing good on most days with the eating and water...

mscat-glad to hear your doing good with your belly dancing...wish you were by me, i would like to attend too...hope you get your problem fixed..let us know what the dr said.

Lucky-glad your feeling better and can start getting in some type of exercise...every little bit helps...way to go gettting back on track eating too...I'm taking flax seed oil pills which helps me some but I think I'm going t try your fiberall stuff...It helping you feel full too is good..Thanks for the tip

mscat816
10-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Got my water in yesterday :woo: :dance: :carrot: And a great bellydance class in today :cp: first time since I began I bounded up two flights of stairs and wasn't dragging my butt to the car afterwards!

I am really committed to getting my weight down for Thanksgiving - all my family is coming up from Houston and DH's family up from Ohio! And my students want to have a recital and I am going to be slim for that too! So I am going to workout more often and push, push, push that water.

Hi Donna - we missed you :hug: get back on that horse and ride!

mscat

mscat816
10-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi Ladies - don't know where everyone is - I have been MIA myself for the last few days - I have been hiding out and avoiding talking to people. My integrity is out - waaaaaay out! But as Scarlet O'Hara says - "tomorrow is another day." Only I am going to modify that and say "today is another day."
I brought my lunch and I am starting on my water. didn't get a workout in this a.m. but I am planning on getting one in when I get home.

Weight is way up again :tantrum: but I know that skipping my BP med two days in a row is not helping (extra water retention). My weigh in on Sunday was 234! :goodscale:

Will report in later about that workout - good luck everyone on a great start to your week!

mscat

mscat816
10-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Great day - I was busy but I got a lot done. Ate well, bad water intake (in one of my schools all a.m. - too risky to go to the pot!).

Hope you all had a great day. Tomorrow is belly dancing so I am looking forward as always to a great workout. DD and I are going to go to weight watchers starting this week :woo: :woo:

Hope to hear from you soon.

mscat

mscat816
10-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Hey ladies - where ever you are out there! My weight is going down and again :carrot: I have had a busy day and I am so tired I am on my way to bed. I have eaten well - still needing to get some water in so I am going to do that right now.

Hope everyone is doing well - see ya tomorrow :wave:

mscat

TryinAgain5402
11-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Hi!
Don't know if anyone is out there, i'm guilty of being absent for a while too. I'm plugging away - 1lb here, a 1lb there. We've twice had challenges ($50 to get in) at work and other members of our group that have done nothing campaigned to have them cancelled or postponed. They all know I would have won both times since it's obvious I lost and they all know I am working out. I'll never get suckered into one again - there was $400 on the line both times! The coordinator is a real loser - but not the kind of loser we are all striving for!
Water, water, everywhere - always seeking the closest bathroom! Pathetix when first thing you ask everywhere you go is "where's the john?"
have a great weekend!