Old 09-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/192.2/165

Default I need some help!

Hello I have been donig LAWL for almost 12 weeks and I have been stuck between 185 and 188. I need some tips to help me reach my goal! Anything is helpful... I have a pretty busy life with school fulltime and work fulltime and have a 2 yr old that keeps me very busy! What are things I can make ahead or just simple tips for when I dont have time to eat and I dont want the meal replace shake. I would like advice please on how to get rid of the last 17 lbs!
Maddie'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Maddie'sMommy - Here is a copy of a post I did back in June...

I was doing great for the first 7 weeks, and then I stopped dead. I would lose .2 or .4 then stay the same for two WI's, etc. I even gained 1 lb. even though I was POP. My counselor made some suggestions and I'll pass them along:

1. Egg Beaters for breakfast. I put 1/2 P and 1 slice of RF cheese on a 50 calorie tortilla (La Tortilla Factory - LAWL dietician confirmed with COD that it is 1S).
2. Tuna. Mix 1 can w/1T RF mayo, some Moton Lite Salt, pepper, onion powder. I actually make a few servings at once in the food processor to use during the week. Put on lettuce, tortilla, pita, etc.
3. Fruit. Try to get it all in by 5:00. If not, have berries which are lowest in carbs.
4. Tilapia (MY FAVORITE). Sprinkle fish w/Morton Salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder and spray pan with Pam. Pan fry over med-high heat. Before you turn the fish, spray the top w/Pam so it gets brown on both sides. When it's done, spread 1T horseradish sauce on fish and top w/ 1 or 2 oz. Kraft RF Parmesan Topping (depending on how much dairy you have left). It sounds like a weird combination, but it is really good. I'm addicted - I have it about 3 x's/week now. It counts at 1P, 1C, 1/2 or 1D.

Anyway, incorporating these foods into my plan really helped. I got me to lose between 1.5-2.5/week.

But stick with it - everyone loses differently, and you need to be patient (even though you want results NOW)
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/192.2/165

Default Thanks!

Thanks so much for your suggestions.... I will for sure try the egg beater thing. And the tuna thing too! I never thought of preparing more than one serving ahead of time for tuna. I am going to give it a whirl!
Maddie'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:52 AM   #4  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

For me--cottage cheese and string cheese are both EASY proteins. I love cottage cheese and pineapple so I have that a lot. I am to a point where I hate everything allowed so I am having a lot of Slimfast and V-8--I know it's not what they prefer at LAWL but I know I have to get it in one way or another.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:28 AM   #5  
FBD/8-18-08

My dh's counselor always stresses VARIETY!!! Don't let you body get used to the same old thing! Mix up the veggies, fruits, and proteins! (we eat a lot of chicken) so now I add seafood, beef, pork, tuna, etc., and I buy the fruits that are on sale and in season and then add in a canteloupe, pineapple, whatever every once in a while.
Also, the WAY we prepare the foods can be monotonous(sp?) so I pan fry in pam, stir fry in olive oil, broil, bake, steam, grill, etc.
Just thought I'd share that little bit with you!
Keep on keeping on! Don't give up and don't give in!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:30 PM   #6  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

I eat mostly the same things but mix them all from day to day. Like one morning I will have cream of wheat, then the next have all bran, then the next have oatmeal, then the next start over.. I have one of my fruits with my breakfast so it is usually one that we buy at the store like grapes, strawberries, cantaloupe, apple, & watermelon. I am on the purple plan now so I usually have my first protein at lunch but if it is is something like tuna I can only handle 3 oz with 1 tb mayo.. it is dry enough like that.. a whole 6oz would just be way too dry for me :P so I split my protein and have 3 egg whites for breakfast. I really enjoy having egg whites and I think they have helped me lose weight because the first week I was on LAWL I ate all whole eggs and did not lose that much. 2 times a week I eat Lean cuisines for lunch with a salad and baby carrots or just baby carrots and a fruit. I also like having sandwiches for lunch. I now only get 2 starches a day and use one of them for breakfast so I only get 1 slice of bread for a sandwich which is fine.. it is less dry eh now since you only get 1 tb mayo so I use the 2 slices lunch meat and put 1 cup of lettuce inside then eat with another veggie and fruit. for dinner I have my last protein and 2 veggies. I don't like that many veggies so I always have either broccoli or snow peas. and then again I eat the same things but in a schedule.. Like chicken one night, pork another night, chicken another night, steak, then go out to eat.. when I go out to eat I still only eat a protein & two veggies I never eat starches at night.
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #7  
FBD/8-18-08

DH went for WI today and got "counseled" not to eat beef and pork without skipping a day. I give up! The book has beef "bulleted" and pork is not, but he got "counseled"!! Of course, I heard about it... told him to ignore them until he stops losing, and then we'll heed their counsel a little more seriously! He's down over 20 lbs in 4 weeks! He must be doing something right!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote