Support Groups - Beat The Bulge~ Game 8 !!

View Full Version : Beat The Bulge~ Game 8 !!

Wide in Winnipeg
09-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Yippee! Game 8! we are so going to rock this one!

Good Luck!

JasonsLea
09-03-2006, 11:53 PM
WOOOOT! Here I am Wendy!

Wide in Winnipeg
09-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Well ladies, I'm off to the lake in the morning! I'll be back on Wednesday.
I saw an awsome trail out there that I plan on exploring!
I hope you all behave this week and get your exercise in!And the junk food out! I for one am going to behave:D Nothing going to the lake that is not good for me!
C YA Wednesday!

JasonsLea
09-04-2006, 12:27 AM
The lake again?! OMG no fair!

Wide in Winnipeg
09-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Yep paid big bucks to be able to go there for the season!
Lucky me! You're welcome to come and join me.. I'll give you directions Sheri! LOL!

JennyDee25
09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
My goodness my friends...It seems like I have been away for so long! So sorry; I have been so busy around the house decluttering! I had a yardsale and made some good money! NOw I have school tomorrow, I cant believe this. I hope everyone is doing good & looking forward to game 8!

Rosario
09-05-2006, 08:56 AM
I am so glad you guys are still here. Last game was a big bust. This past weekend I just ate and ate and then ate some more. I really need to get back in the game. My trip is next week and I am looking rounder and rounder as each day goes by. Yikes!!!!

LadyFirelyght
09-05-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm in for this game :D

la3y_un1c0rn_37
09-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Ok I am back in this! I will start back to walking on my treadmill tonight. I have had 4 week off so its time to get back to it! Come on Rosario! We got to work off all that lazyness! I plan on makeing lots of points!

ArtsyGirl
09-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey guys, I'm in for another game. I hope I do MUCH better this time around.

A few good thing about this weekend (we'll keep the bad ones to myself this time and focus on the positive!)

I ran a 1 mile race on Saturday and I ran EXACTLY an 8 MINUTE MILE!!!!! (That is totally the fastest I've EVER run!)

On Monday I ran yet another 5K and I finished with my personal best time of 28:04 on a cross country course (they're always slower than a road course)

I am very proud of these 2 milestones.

C'mon gals-How are we doing today?? I'm alright. I've been cleaning to much to eat out of control. HOpe you're all on plan for the day!

canadian mom
09-05-2006, 05:18 PM
My older girls first day of schol so I was off the plan . MY schedule is all messed up so I had a few more snacks and went about 150 cals over. I am going to do better tomorrow (I hope).

Wide in Winnipeg
09-05-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm back from the lake and time to kick some @$$$, come on ladies we have alot of weight to lose, gets get on with it!
I feel like I've been full of idle chatter for months but NOW I'm doing it! I have to look GOOD for my B-day in October!
Chat tomorrow!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
09-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Morrin every one!!!!

I did not get to the treadmill last night....my FIL got a new camper and that means the we(me and hubby) get the old one so we can go camping more next summer...So its time to get to work that hot body! I am up for a new game and I will be working on the next 8lbs for Sept......Come on ladies lets go!!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
09-06-2006, 01:02 PM
:D Howdy!!!:D

Rosario
09-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi everybody!!! I'm off to a good start today. I did have couple of pieces of chocolate, but I am doing way better than these past few days. I think I have had my aha! moment. This weekend was horrible with food. SO yesterday was a continuance, but I felt so disgusting and full and just plain gross. And when I went grocery shopping last night, all Icould think about was home cooked meals, salad, and fruit. I don't think I want to eat all that bad food anymore. It just doesn't make me feel good inside anymore. I hope this is what I have been needing to get back in this game. Now I just really need to work on my excercise!!!

Have a great day ladies!!

Rosario
09-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Branyd-Awesome on your running!! Woohoo!! :carrot:

ArtsyGirl
09-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Hi gals-hope you're all doing well today. I'm still cleaning my office getting it ready for lessons which start on Monday. I hate cleaning, but at least its keeping me out of the kitchen. I had a nice leisurely run this morning. I'm learning to really enjoy my slow runs. Its nice because I can zone out to my music instead of focusing on breathing like I do on my faster days.

Rosario-Hope your aha moment lasts! Enjoy that healthy food!

La3y-A camper of your very own! I still tent camp, but I'm starting to see the appeal of a camper after 3 days of rain on our last trip! Hope you're on plan today.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
09-06-2006, 03:26 PM
We just got back from camping and only had one day of rain....tg I hope we will have good luck on the next trip at the end of Sept.

I am doing good I get to go shopping for some good food today.....I will be getting my eating back on track tomorrow...whooohoooo!

JasonsLea
09-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi all! Damn this week has gone by fast! I hope you all are doing good!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
09-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Morrin ladies!
I did not get to walk again last night....grrrrrr.....but I had no control over it. My son cut his foot on some glass and had to take him to the ER. So I will put it on todays plan....My eating will be alot better today I have all the good healthy snacks and I am ready for the day......I hope all of you are good!

ArtsyGirl
09-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey everyone, hope your day is off to a wonderful start. I'm babysitting today so we're watching educational programs. Its amazing what will entertain 3 and 5 year olds.

I'm working out a plan to help me stay good tonight while I attend a fundraiser at a bar. I'm trying to figure out what/when to eat before we go and also talk myself out of the usual beer. Anyone got any tips?

La3y-Hope your son is feeling ok today. What a terrible evening you must have had. SO...hopefully you can get that walk in today.

Shari-How are you doing? You seem a little overwhelmed with time passing so quickly. Did you just go back to school? That's always hard to get a handle on a new routine.

Rosario-How are you doing? Hope you're getting in your tennis and eating well. When do you leave for your trip?

Wendy-How is school? Hope you get used to your new schedule quickly. Isn't it weird to be away from Ryan for so much of the day?

Well, have a great day.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
09-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Brandy he was a true boy....We had to pick him up and take him in last night and on the way out he was running and makeing car sounds....So yes he is better today.

I will get my walk in tonight....I am thinking on what to have for supper...I want to plan it now that way I can be on a roll when I get home and get it all done fast.

Wide in Winnipeg
09-07-2006, 05:04 PM
This is school:
Biology=:yikes:
English Literature=:eek:
Math=:dizzy:
Law=:dz:

And this is me when I left for school=:cry: :cry: :cry: Kicking and screaming"I don't wanna go!!!"

Guess it was a good day, and the homework was minimal thank goodness!

Diet right on plan today!;)

JasonsLea
09-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Brandy, I haven't started school back but my little brother and sister have. I'm just surprised about how fast time is going by.

Rosario
09-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Wendy--I can't wait to go back to school. I am trying to save up because even communtiy colleges here in GA cost an arm and a leg. I am going to try for financial aide, but I'm thinking I make too much. This may sound sick...but I love homework!!!!

La3Y---how's your lil boy holding up??

Brandy---I leave for LA next thursday and I won't be back until the following Thursday...I can't wait. I remember when I used to babysit my nephew, Jojo, and he could sit watching the same Elmo dvd forever. How'd you do at the fundraiser???

Well, my aha! moment was only a brief one. So I guess I can't call it that anymore. I am still trying to eat right, though. The thing that is killing me is the snacking at home. I do awesome at work, but when I get home, I just start eating like I have never eaten before. I do have to admit that it has gotten way better (especially since we don't have any american cheese slices....mmm sandwhiches.) But I still need to do better. And forget about excercise....I just ahven't been able to bring myself to do it. Although , I have found a way that makes it more bearable. I workout with my laptop while watching regular tv. that way I don't get so bored working out.

So the plan for this weekend is to eat right, work out and clean my house. Anybody else got exciting plans for the weekend ;)???

canadian mom
09-08-2006, 11:09 AM
I did horrible at eating yesterday>I made a cake and brownies for the hubby and kids.....I endded up having a piece of cake and 2 brownies.

Well this weekend I think I will be taking the kids to the exhibition for a day....there goes the eating again ..I see a gain coming this week.

Oh there is a chance I may not be able to do the surrogacy.I have had a weight change of over 20 pounds. I won't know for sure until I talk to the doctors.

Rosario-- I wish I lived close to you so I could give u the boot int he but u need lol. Do u have someone u could work out with to do this for u.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
09-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Oh Rosario....I am raising a gentleman.....My son.."Mama let me open your car door for you" he is seven by the way. Me and my girl mouths drop open. When we got home he opened both of our doors......Now I tell you It made me feel so good......

Rosario
09-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Ha!!! my boyfriend doesn't even hold open the door for me and he's 23. You should be very proud of him!!

ArtsyGirl
09-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi gals-I made it through last night very well for sticking to my plan. I ate 1/2 my sandwich and a cup of soup and didn't drink any fun things. We didn't make very much at the fundraiser, but we all had fun. I am so proud of myself for sticking to a plan last night. Usually I cant handle social situations without indulging in something.

Wendy-I think I'd freak out more with algebra than biology!

La3y-Way to go on raising a gentleman. My hubby ALWAYS opens doors for me and it is very nice

Jen-I hope things work out for you when you see your dr.

Shari-Wish I could say that time slows down, but each year seems to fly by a little quicker.

Well, I'm trying a detox for today and the weekend. I've been having some problems and hoping this will help clear my lymph system out. I'm on protein shakes for today until a big salad for dinner. Tomorrow and Sunday I'm eating a serving of fruit every 2 hours and having salad with a protein drink for dinner. SO, if I stick with it my weigh in should be a good one, but more importantly I should be feeling a little better.

Have a great weekend.

Rosario
09-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Way to go on sticking to your plan, Brandy!!

canadianmom-i hop eeverything works out for you with the surrogacy (is that even a word) that's the most awesomest thing you can do for someone. you would think my bf would be the one putting me in my place regarding excercise, but he is just as lazy as me (but he looks fit as heck! that lucky sob!) it would be nice to have someone here...but I know I can do it on my own. And I will!!!

I just discovered table tennis is a sport and you can burn some calories playing it (according to fit day 1 hour burns 236 cals!) so I will be doing that a lot this weekend. my bf bought a table last weekend and I didn't realize there are fitness benefits, so I will definitely be using it more to my advantage (although we have it at his parent's house...so i don't really know if I'll always be up to going over there)...oh well, it's a start.

JasonsLea
09-08-2006, 11:27 PM
What's up everyone? This lil chicky got her license today. About damn time!

ArtsyGirl
09-09-2006, 05:45 AM
:cheer: :scooter: :cheer: CONGRATULATIONS SHARI!!

(can you blieve there's no little drivivg smiley??)

JasonsLea
09-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks Brandy!

Wide in Winnipeg
09-10-2006, 08:20 PM
CONGRATS SHERI!!!

Haven't been on here much lately, homework is killin' me! Can you believe I started on Thursday and have had at least 8 hours of homework for Biology already!!!!!
Never mind the other 3 courses!:dizzy:
I'm thinking I'm going to change my Bio class for some other mickey mouse course, it's just taking to much of my time away from Ryan, and my priority right now IS Ryan!
I'll fill you all in tomorrow after school!
BTW~ I blew any sort of diet plan this past week:o

Wide in Winnipeg
09-10-2006, 08:46 PM

This first one is me after I lost 45lbs(I'm the one on the left of the pic) and the 2nd is me at 181lbs!All I gotta say is yuck and still yuck!

Rosario
09-11-2006, 10:17 AM
hey guys!! this weekend was a blur (regarding food and excercise!!) but it's monday and ima try to get back on track. 3 more days and I will be on my way to Los Angeles, woohoo!!!. I can't wait!!

Shari--congratulations!!!

Wendy---what do you mean still yuck!!! You look great!!!!

brandy-how'd ur weekend detox go??

JasonsLea
09-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Wendy ~ Shut up! You look great!

Ro ~ OOOOOO, I wish I was going with you! I miss California :(

ArtsyGirl
09-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi ya gals, how are you all doing today? I've been BUSY. I'm on a half hour break before I have to teach again. I'm not really that thrilled to start my lessons again, but I don't really have a choice.

Rosario-my weekend detox got modified a bit because I was really dragging around and knew if I didn't eat a normal dinner, my run this morning wouldnt be possible. I detoxed til dinner, ate normal, and my 40 minute run was SUPER!!!

I RAN 4 MILES!!!

Its been since high school that I've done that. Its been a goal I've been working at since May, so I'm very happy.

Wendy-you look great now-what are you trying to improve? I know my pics dont look terrible, but I really need to work on my mid section. Its pretty squishy. Your arms are looking terrific!

Shari-Hows the overtime? Hope you're hanging in there.

La3y & Lydia-Where are you?

canadian mom
09-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Well I got the flight conformation today I am off to Toronto on Sunday night and come back Monday night. I hope the testing goes alright. I can't wait to meet the guys.

ArtsyGirl
09-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Hooray Jen! I hope everything goes well for you!

LadyFirelyght
09-12-2006, 09:02 AM
I'm here! I'm here!

I've sort of been... hiding out. I'm a bit ashamed of myself, because I've been gaining weight again. I KNOW it's from eating too much sodium (3000+mg a day), but it's discouraging to see a 2lb increase from last week :(

I just bought a pink DS Lite from Amazon.com. It should have shipped yesterday but didn't, and they haven't charged me for it yet... so I may go out hunting for one near me today and cancel that order. I don't want to wait!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
09-12-2006, 10:28 AM
OH ladies I feel like I have falling and I cant get up!

I have not even been trying to do anything lately!!!! What do I need?

I did get back on the scales this morrin and it said I was up 5!!!!!!

HHHHHHHEEEEEEEPPPPPLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArtsyGirl
09-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Lydia and La3y-I've SO been where you are now. Both of you were always there waiting for me to get back to it, and I'm here for both of you. I
KNOW that you can both get back on track. Try to change 1 little thing that you've been slacking off on today and let me know if you were able to stick with it tomorrow. Just 1 tiny thing!!!!

LadyFirelyght
09-12-2006, 09:13 PM
I took your advice, Brandy! Today, I cut back on the sodium. Only 1500mg today as opposed to my 2900+!!! We'll see how the scale reacts tomorrow. Thanks for the advice, I think it'll really really help me out.

JasonsLea
09-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi everyone! WI today was 244.4 God I hate TOM! Supervisor pissed me off so I tore it up at the gym. When I was finished, my legs was trembling and I couldn't walk straight for a couple of minutes.

ArtsyGirl
09-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Morning gals-Happy hump day!!! Got in a 2.6 mile run within my 4 mile walk this morning. I made it home just in time because it started raining again shortly after. It's humid and nasty today. YUCK!!!!

Lydia-good job on the sodium reduction. What are you going to try to do today?

Shari-sorry about the tom gain. Hang in there and soon it'll be back to normal.

Well, my week back to teaching lessons is over. I'm very spoiled because I jammed ALL my lessons into 2 nights, so by Wednesday I'm done with that for the week!!! I start back with church choir accompanying tonight though, so won't be completely free for the remaining nights of the week. Plus, I'll be teaching beading classes a few Thursday nights a month. See, no free nights when you add it all together. Oh well, at least I enjoy what I do most of the time.

Have a great morning ladies.

Rosario-How excited are you????? Have a great trip girl!

LadyFirelyght
09-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Brandy, today... no sweets. I've been indulging myself a bit TOO much lately. I'm going to try and keep my cals under 1300 for a couple days, see if that'll help with the sweets and sodium. My reduction yesterday already caused the scale to drop .6lb! See, I knew it was the sodium. I hadn't dropped below 2900mg but once since the 1st!! I bet that my blood pressure has gone up and that's one of the reasons I've been dizzy. I always feel better when I don't eat as much salt.

UTIs... I don't know much about them, but I think I may have one. Over the last... I'd say 5 days, I've had some weird stuff going on in there. I'll feel like I'm about to pee my pants, rush to the bathroom... and hardly anything comes out. I've also felt the need to go a lot more often, even on days when I don't drink much. So, I've started taking cranberry tablets, just in case. I'm also going to see about buying some cranberries, blueberries, and possibly some juice, as I've heard that it really helps some people. If my increased water intake, reduced sodium intake, and berry consumption don't start helping within a few days, I'm going to see a doctor about it. I can't live like this!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
09-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Well Brandy I keep my cals under 1600 and made a try at staying away from the sweet tea. I did not do to great on the tea so I will work on this today again. I am tracking my cals again and I feel alot better today. I did not gain the 5lbs....My eyes where playing tricks on me. So things are looking better today.

Rosario
09-13-2006, 02:09 PM
I am so stressed out right now!! I just want to go home already. My bf is having trouble at his job right now. He has some guy threatening him!! And all because his manager doesn't know how to do her job right and return phone calls and keep her tenants happy. This isn't the first time this has happened, but what makes it scary is he thinks the guy will actually do something to him. I was crying my eyes out last night because I keep thinking something bad is going to happen to him. I hate how people can be so ignorant and so petty. I just want to scream!!!!!! And I want to go tell off his manager for being so damn incompetent!!! I am so pissed right now!!!!

JasonsLea
09-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Lydia, you should just go ahead and go to the doctors. Those UTIs are nothing to play about.

Ro, I'm so sorry you are so stressed. :(

ArtsyGirl
09-14-2006, 08:13 AM
Hi ya ladies! Glad to see Lydia and La3y getting back on track.

I've gotta babysit the neice and nephew this morning. Then I gotta figure out what I'm gonna do for exercise in the afternoon since I let myself sleep in this morning. I'm going out to dinner with a friend this evening. We haven't had time to catch up with each other in over half a year, so I will enjoy myself and let my diet worries drift for the night.

Lydia-I don't know much about UTI's. I think Shari might be right in not putting off the dr. unless you have no insurance. (Then I know how badly you want to avoid those expensive appts.) I'm happy the scale responded to your decrease in sodium. Hope your day on lower calories went painlessly. You've done a GREAT job getting back on your plan!!!!! (Hey, love your new pic.)

La3y-GREAT job on the lower calories!! How did the avoidance of the sweet tea go yesterday??? I guess I'm lucky in that I truly prefer to just drink water. (Unless we're talking about alchoholic drinks, and then its very hard for me not to indulge.) Glad the 5 lbs. was just a mistake.

Rosario-Hugs to you. I'm so sorry you have to go through such an emotional situation. I believe its especially hard because you're removed a step and cant control any of what's happening. Unfortunately lots of people are stupid and we cant control how they react to this world. I don't want to offend (not sure about your spirituality) but prayer is the only thing I've found that helps calm my soul in areas I cant directly take care of. Hope you're having a better day.

Shari-How ya doing?

Wendy-Where are ya??

Rosario
09-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Brandy-thanks. I am feeling way better because I have just put my faith in God to watch over him.

I am feeling so much better. Most of it has to do with the fact that we leave tonite for LA. I am so excited. Worried too, because I know I am going to go crazy on food (I miss all my old restaurants!!) I will really try to be good, though. If not with food, then with excercise!!

Lydia-i don't think I have ever had a UTI so I cannot feel your pain (I better knock on wood). but I hope you do go check it out and feel better soon.

Shari-thanks. I will be thinking of you while I am in LA. hope you get to go back soon.

La3y-that's great that you didn't gain those 5 pounds!!! (wish that was the case for me)

Canadianmom---good luck on the testing. have a safe flight this weekend.

Chat with ya later gyals!!!

JasonsLea
09-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Brandy, I'm doing okay. You?

Ro, have fun sweetie!

ArtsyGirl
09-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Hey guys-I'm leaving for Kansas City today. I'll be back on Tuesday. Everybody be good!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
09-15-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm stuck on the couch with a migraine and a pulled back muscle:( I'm off to the Dr. this afternoon to get stronger meds for both problems, sometimes I get tired of being me because I'm so young to have these kind of problems but I just keep trudging alond and hope for better days...
TGIF! All I have to worry about is getting better for school Monday!
Have a good weekend!

JasonsLea
09-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Have fun Brandy!

Get well soon Wendy!

LadyFirelyght
09-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Being awake at 7am on a Saturday morning... not my idea of a good time. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I decide to make the most of it. I turn on my new pink DS Lite (just came out on Wednesday, got it that day after looking all around town!) and played a game called Big Brain Academy. It's an educational game that helps improve your learning. You take tests to determine which areas of the mind (memory, analysis, computation, identifying, and thinking) you're good at, which ones you need improvement on, and how big your brain is based on how well you do. The better the grade, the bigger the brain! So, I play that for about 45 minutes.

I can't get off the promise ring my boyfriend gave me. I put it on last night (after having it on a chain around my neck because of work) and had not trouble getting it off if I wanted to. This morning, fingers swollen... I can't. Ugh.

I feel fat today. Everything seems to jiggle more than usual, my stomach feels bloated and it's not that time of the month. I know I need to weigh myself today, I always do when I have a day off or don't work until 8 or 9. I know what I need to do. I resist the urge to go to the kitchen and grab a cookie (delicious oatmeal cherry pecan chocolate chip cookies that I made night before last). I grudgingly saunter into my parents's bathroom to hit the scale.

I just know I've gained. I know it. I take off my clothes and step on. I close my eyes for a moment, dreading what I know the scale will say. Massive gains, I just know it. I've been a bad girl all week, despite how hard I've tried. I haven't been trying enough. All this going through my head, I take a deep breath and look down.

141.5. Down 1.6 pounds from Tuesday.

Elation. I want to celebrate! I turn around to see if it's really me in the mirror. Hmmm, I'm looking a bit better today than I did yesterday. One thing I've noticed is that, though smaller, my breasts are looking SO much better than they did at 180. 19 and saggy breasts NOT COOL! This is much more to my liking.

I'm hungry. Oh, I could grab a cookie now that I know I've not gained, but that would defeat the whole purpose. So, I grabbed a pluot (plum/apricot hybrid) and devoured it. Still hungry. I make myself a cup of tea, get myself a glass of water, and grab an almost-ripe banana. I see cookies and potato chips in the cabinet where the tea is. Pansies. They don't have muscles like me. They should work out and get a job other than making people fat, mmkay?

So here I sit, typing out this post, sipping my tea and getting ready to eat my banana. It looks very good. But my stomach hurts! I think it's a result of eating too much of my mom's chicken marsala last night. Gotta take some Pepto soon to help calm it down.

My UTI is doing better. I'm still running to the bathroom a lot, but at least now I have a reason. There's really stuff in my bladder than needs to get out. The cranberry products I've been consuming are helping out a lot.

Today will be a good day. I'll do one of my spanish audio CDs, some situps, walk around a little, and play video games. Somewhere in there I'll do laundry. Somewhere.

Long post, I know, but my boyfriend's not awake yet so I can't babble on to him about it ;)

canadian mom
09-16-2006, 11:35 AM
well I am off tomorrow night to Toronto for testing on Monday I am nervous and excitted. I believe the hotel I am staying at has a gym so I am gonna try to get on the treadmill if all else fails I will be doing my 30 mins of roll downs push ups ect.. Have a good weekend.

Wide in Winnipeg
09-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Good for you Lydia!!!

Good Luck Jen!!

Just trying to clean up the house some, might have some company over this evening...maybe...haven't decided yet....kinda freaked out....EEK! Don't know how much cleaning I can do with my back like this but I'll do what I can. Might go out for dinner with a girlfriend, have to wait and see what the day brings....can you tell I'm indecisive today???
Anyhow, catch ya later!

JasonsLea
09-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Lydia, I've had those days where I just felt fat so I know what you mean. Glad the UTI is getting better.

Good Luck Jen! :)

Hi Wendy!

Wide in Winnipeg
09-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Hi Shari!!

I'm still a couch potato....WHAAAA!
Have good sleep everyone!

JennyDee25
09-17-2006, 03:14 PM
GUYS!!! I'm sorry..I've been ditching out on BTB! SORRY I'm only hurting myself..I have been so so so so so (yah get the point) BUSY with school and kids, tyring to find out how our routines will be. I think they are pretty much on track...so I will be more faithfull to myself!

Wide in Winnipeg
09-18-2006, 08:15 PM
ME TOO!!! So Busy! Hope I can get my groove on soon so I can concentrate on that last 10lbs!

JasonsLea
09-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi Wendy and JD! Sept is ALWAYS a busy month, especially for those with kids.

canadian mom
09-19-2006, 07:17 AM
I am back. Testing went really well. The doc said I have a beatiful uterus it is perfect (at least now I can say a part of me is perfect lol) . They sent me home with my meds now I just wait for a start date. It looks like somewhere between the first to middle of December.

The guys r great, they r the type of people that when u first meet them it feels like u have know them 4ever. I was booked on the last flight of the night (that is what the clinic booked me on) and they took me to the airport and paid extra to get me home early.

JasonsLea
09-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Jen, you rock! It's amazing what you're doing.

WI was 242.6 today. Same weight as 6 weeks ago but less than last week and that's really all that matters!

canadian mom
09-21-2006, 07:42 AM
Thank u Shari, today I have to go to the doctor and get a BIG needle and then for the next 2 months (starting in Oct.) I have to inject myself in the leg. This is the worse part.

Well i am back on track I was messed up Monday and Tuesday I had a hard time .I think it was because I didn't eat much on Monday. I might walk to my doctors today it is about 30 to 40 mins depending on the lights.

Rosario
09-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Well, I am back!! I had an awesome week with the fams and friends. Like always, I was so sad to leave but I know one day I will be moving back to LA for good. I can't take leaving my family anymore!!

I am up on the scale. It is TOM but I also ate very bad on vacation. But I also did a lot of excercise....walking especially. We went to Hollywood and we looked at every.single.star on the Walk of Fame. Wow! That was a pretty long walk. And one day we were at the beach and we played baseball on the sand. Anyone who has walked on sand knows that that was a workout!!

So I'm back and ready to jump back in. Not today though. My flight got in at 6am this morning and I have not slept at all. The plane was a full flight and very uncomfortable so no sleep there. As soon as I get home, I am going straight under the covers and not waking up until tomorrow morning.

Wendy--step away from the couch!!

Jen--I am glad the testing went well.

Shari--that's great that your down. don't feel too bad..I am still trying to get under 234 so I can finally start posting some losses. Hopefully, it'll be this weekend!!

Brandy-how was your trip?? are you back yet??

have a great day everyone! :wave:

Wide in Winnipeg
09-21-2006, 04:33 PM
If I could get off the couch I would! I hurt my back a week ago and have been just sitting or laying around since then. Now I have a wicked cold and it hurts mt back to even sneeze!
I'll come back when I'm all recuperated, until then get your a** in gear and lose some weight for me!TeeHee!
Ciao

callystia
09-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Please forgive me if this has been answered somewhere, as I'm a little loopy today. But do these games last the month? I may join in October if that's the case. :)

Rosario
09-21-2006, 05:13 PM
callystia-they only last 4 weeks. we are on week 3 right now. but really, jump in whenever you want to. this game is mainly to keep us in check and accountable.

JasonsLea
09-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Jen ~ Gah! I HATE needles!

Ro ~ So happy you're back and you had fun! I've never been to Hollywood before. I wanted to go SO bad last Halloween but it didn't work out.

Get well soon Wendy!

canadian mom
09-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Rosario sounds like u hade a great vacation....I'm jealous.lol

Rosario
09-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Morning guys!!!

I weighed myself this morning. 238.8!!! oh wow, did I let myself go. But I am ready to be really good this weekend. I started reading the Fat Smash book and it looks like something I can definitely do. I know it's going to be tough, but I know I can do it. I watched the BL last night. Wow, are those guys motivational or what???

Nothing else is really new. Dinner tonite at the IL and nothing really planned for the weekend. Besides, eating right and working out of course :)

have a great day ladies!!!

ArtsyGirl
09-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Hi gals-Sorry I haven't been posting. I returned from the walk on Monday, but was busy teaching, and had 2 birthday parties, working, and babysitting that I am just now feeling human again. MAN was I EXHAUSTED!!!!!

The Kansas City walk was nice. Different from what I'm used to in Michigan, but a terrific experience all around. I'd urge all of you to seriously think about participating in something like this. It truly is life changing.

Rosario-So glad you had a great time. Good job with all the walking. I've never been to Hollywood. Actually I've only been in an airport in California, didn't get to go outside at all! Someday I'll get there. I dont know anything about the fat smash book. What is it like???

Wendy-Sorry to hear about your back. I hope you heal up as quickly as possible. My only advice is to really keep your eating in check cuz when you're laid up and can't exercise, those pounds really have a way of adding up quickly.

Jen-glad your testing went well.

Shari-Have you started school yet??? I cant seem to remember.

Well, I'm up 2 pounds from my weekend trip, but considering the 2 partys after the trip, I can't be all that upset with that number. I've really gotta get my butt in gear. Hawaii is only 4 weeks away!

LadyFirelyght
09-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Why so quiet, everyone?

Good news: my water weight has FINALLY come off. I bought a 2qt jug to tote around with me and have been keeping to drinking it ALL. Overnight, I dropped 1.8lbs. Hooray! I'm almost out of the 140's!!

JasonsLea
09-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Brandy, I haven't started school yet. I've decided to start taking online courses like my mama. I have to ask her when I start.

Lydia, YAY! Congrats hun! I would buy one of those jugs down in the canteen but I deliver patient trays all day so I can't carry it around. Usually what I do is go to the cafeteria and get their 32 oz cups after work and refill it for the rest of the day. Hopefully, I will get that secretary job I'm trying for and then I will have a desk and a nice, big VA water jug for that desk. :)

Rosario
09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
That's what I do with water Shari. Right now I have a 32 oz cup (that I got from Dodger stadium) adn just fill it up throughout the day. It sure makes 64oz of water seem like nothing!!!

Today has been such an awesome day. I have been so busy at work that time is just flying by!!!! I love it!!! I started Fat Smash today. But I have just been too busy to think about food that I haven't had much problems sticking with it. When I get home...well, that's another story. I just hope I can fight the temptations. What sucks is that I have to cook dinner for my bf and cook dinner for myself, so I know I will be tempted to pick at his food. But I already told him to say NO!!! to me. He's scared that I will be in a bad mood all the time (you all know the crankies come out when you are hungry!!!) because I am not going to be eating my beloved junk food.

brandy--the fat smash book was really easy to read and understand (for me anyway) check out the review on this website.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet_Book_Reviews/The_Fat_Smash_Diet/
Basically you go through a detox for 9 days- 4-5 meals per day eating fruits, veggies, brown rice, egg whites, oatmeal, water, beans, etc, etc. no junk food/processed food/soda/bread/pasta etc.... Then slowly you start adding meat, whole wheat bread/pasta, drinks, etc...It seems really easy to follow and once you get through the first 8 weeks..you don't have to deprive yourself of anything....just eat it in moderation. Sounds like a good plan to me!!! (oh yeah...you do ahve to excercise too!!)

Chat with ya later galies!!!

JasonsLea
09-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Ro, you can do it! I saw that book at Walmart the other day.

Wide in Winnipeg
09-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Man, I've had such a hard time getting on here! I switched to light speed to keep the bills down and now I hate waiting for this stupid computer to get to where I want to be!
Still at 135lbs and now that my back is a little better I can slowly start moving and loosing!
G'night catch ya all tomorrow!

ArtsyGirl
09-26-2006, 07:46 AM
Morning gals-I've been so busy lately that I cant seem to focus to finish anything that isn't absolutely necessary. I hate times like this. I know it will settle down soon, but in the meantime....

Rosario-That diet looks interesting. I'm not sure I could give up meat for 9 days. I'm usually fruit/veggies til dinner and then almost always have some kind of meat. Good luck!!

Shari-Good job on the water! I'm at home most of every day so I just make sure I have a glass nearby and get plenty throughout the day. I also ALWAYS have a bottle in the truck for when I do go out. It helps curb some of the cravings til I get home and can make something healthy to eat.

Wendy-glad you're starting to get better.

Lydia-Congrats on the loss!!!!

canadian mom
09-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Well I have been sick (again ) for 3 days, which means no exercise but I got some in today . I wasn't going fuul speed and didn't get eveything done but I acomplished more than what I thought I would;. I am still not feeling fell (just a head cold ) but it is almost completely gone.

Wide in Winnipeg
09-26-2006, 12:28 PM
That head cold is going around big time, Jen and the flu also I'm just getting over the cold also.
Hi everyone!

Rosario
09-26-2006, 04:57 PM
jen and wendy--hope you guys feel better soon!

well so far I am acing day 2 on Fat Smash!! It really hasn't been hard for me. I just need to step it up on the excercise. I didn't get any in yesterday but I will just use it as my free day. I'll probably do my BL dvd. Hey, whaddaya know...I am actually looking forward to it.

Enjoy the rest of your day girls!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
09-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Rosario~ Sounds great to me, I think I could stay away from meat for that long!Maybe I'll look into it!

JasonsLea
09-27-2006, 12:01 AM
:wave: Brandy!

Get well soon Wendy and Jen!

Doing great Ro!

Today was weigh in and also the day I rejoined WW meetings. Man, I was happy to be back. I missed meetings SO much. Anyway, I shocked the **** out of myself this morning when I stepped on the scale and it read 241.2! I haven't been 241 since...well I don't know. I can't remember! I was just complaining last week that I don't remember even being under 242 in recent history and BAM! I guess the scale just got tired of my *****in! LMAO! So I went to the WW meeting this afternoon and weighed in at....241.8. Seeing that 241 still shook me. Lord knows how I'm going to react when I get in the 230s, 220s, 210s, ONEderland!, etc! Anywho, I've decided that I'm going to go by my own morning weigh ins simply because that's how I started out on here. Okay, I'm out! Night!

Rosario
09-27-2006, 05:05 PM
wendy-defintely look into it!!

shari--that's great!!! stick with your plan and you'll see the scale going way under 241. congrats!!!

I cheated a bit last night. I was stressing a bit (i couldn't find some papers that I needed for this morning) and I gave in and had a bag of mini muffins. But the good thing is I overcame my urge to binge. After I ate the muffins, I was gettign ready to stuff my face wiht cinnamon and raisin toast w/butter but I didn't!!! I have been doing soooo goood with eating...there's no way I am goign to throw the last 2 days out the window!!!

Still gotta work on excercise. I am having a hard time with that one!!!!

See ya later!!!

canadian mom
09-27-2006, 05:34 PM
shari-- congrats it feels real good to hit a big accomplishment.:carrot:

ro-- you can do it keep up the good wor,just keep your goal in mind and then the food is just nit worth it.:hug:

I was feeling a bit better yesterday :) and now tonight my throat is starting to hurt and I am loosing my voice:mad: ..in a house with 4 loud kids this is not good..:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

JasonsLea
09-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Yay Ro! Good job!

OMGosh Jen, FOUR kids?! I can barely tolerate my little brother and sister! LOL

Wide in Winnipeg
09-27-2006, 11:41 PM
That book is $20.00 here!:mad: Bet I can get it cheaper somewhere else though!
I'm on it after Ryans B-day!!!! That's still a month away though;) Between my B-Day, having my teeth yanked and Ryan's B-day I really can't do a diet/lifestyle change.
How's everyone doing?

Wide in Winnipeg
09-28-2006, 04:39 PM
I bought the book, I'll start next Wednesday!
I really can't start sooner because of the B-day thing, I plan on having drinks!

canadian mom
09-28-2006, 05:54 PM
my BMI is now 25.6 almost out of the overweight. I used my half of inch today when calculating I think I will use it all the time now.

Rosario
09-29-2006, 09:07 AM
canadian mom-wtg on lowering your BMI.

where is everyone??? this thread is dead!!!

anyways, I am starting Day 1 allll over again (don't worry Wendy, it wasn't the diet, it was me!). I wasn't doing well on food and excercise, so instead of just continuing on with day 5, I want to start all over so I can reap the full benefits of the detox phase. I don't know what happened. It wasn't like I was giving in to cravings or even hungry, it was just something to do. I really need to stop that. Eating out of boredom----look where that got me in the first place!

Wide in Winnipeg
09-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Rosario~ Good Luck on Phase 1!!!! You'll do better this time because you've seen the results already, haven't you??;)
Yes it is pretty quiet around here isnt it....
Hello anyone out there??;)
Come out come out where ever you are!!!
Have a good day, I'll check in later on!

LadyFirelyght
09-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Sorry, I've been busy. Posting updates now! :D

JasonsLea
09-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi all! Sorry I've been AWOL the last two days but I've just been so tired. Getting up at 4:30 in the damn morning every damn morning sucks ***. Plus, TOM decided to drop in this morning. Ugh. Kill me!

JasonsLea
09-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi Wendy! When does the next game start?

Wide in Winnipeg
09-30-2006, 04:37 PM
{yawn} I'm tired today...

The new game starts on Monday! October 2/06

Wide in Winnipeg
10-01-2006, 02:01 PM
HOW MANY OF YOU WANT TO KEEP GOING WOITH THIS GAME?
I'm going to start things up for the next game, it's getting slow around here so it might be our last.......
Good Luck with Game 9!

LadyFirelyght
10-01-2006, 04:57 PM
I've been here every game, and I plan to keep with the next one! I hope this doesn't die, as it's been a major motivator for me :(

Wide in Winnipeg
10-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks Lydia!

Rosario~ Hows the "smashing"?

JasonsLea
10-01-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm in for the next game! I love it!

canadian mom
10-01-2006, 07:18 PM
I love it to it helps keep me accountable.