Exercise! - All Air Walkers / Regular Walkers etc - New beginnings! #35

LoseForLife
09-10-2001, 10:49 PM
This thread was previously called:

"All Air Walkers/Gliders/Ellipticals/Treadmills/Regular Walkers #34 - New beginnings!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

I hope you don't mind me renaming the thread - was getting a big long!

For anyone who's interested in joining us here, we are trying to increase our exercise by committing to 3 days a week doing the exercise of our choice. We "join class" in here in the morning, making a commitment to exercise that day, and then log in later to report on our progress. This way we'll know that during our busy lives we've managed to get some exercise in! Otherwise we come in when we can, but at least keep in touch regularly to maintain motivation and support.

So join us here on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays, or any other day you want to drop in and say hi! :D

Lynne :wave:

LoseForLife
09-10-2001, 10:51 PM
Good morning!

Well, yesterday was a good day, and I have the feeling today will be the same! Yay! I hated feeling the way I did after the weekend!

I went for my walk yesterday before lunch, and have already been this morning, to beat the rain. I'm starting to feel panicky, as it was a beautiful day yesterday, with people in SHORTS and I became aware of the fact that I'm running out of time. Long term I'm okay to get to goal by mid next year, but I wanted to have shed at least 10 kilos before it gets warm. Oh well, can only do my best and hope hope hope!!!

It's not far from the wedding... about 13 weeks to go.. eek! I can't wait! :D I get my dress in about 5 weeks, and I'm hoping to have lost 10 kilos by then. That would be nice, cos that's about one dress size.

I had a little crave attack yesterday arvo, but had 5 Jaffas (marble-sized choc's) and was over the worst of it. I'm prepared today - brought my low fat chocolate bar and low fat rice chips, just in case. I've got TOM coming, so gotta be smart about it this time!!!

Rose, started the new thread like you suggested.
Hey, I wouldn't worry about no exercise with TOM - I know how crappy I feel and I don't suffer anaemia!!! You poor thing! But you normally do really well with your exercise, so a couple of days relaxing won't kill you! ;)

Shasta, I agree that we have to accept down days and just move on, which is exactly what I'm doing. I figure if you are aiming to become a "normal" weighted person with a "normal" lifestyle, then we all enjoy the odd big dinner etc, it's just how we live the other days! If you hate hot weather, don't come to Aussie during summer! Up north, it can get up to 40 degrees (celcius) in the shade! :eek: Luckily it's not that bad here, but still cooks! Yes I have one little boy Josh, who's almost 5. I had him on my own and he's wonderful. A real challenge, but very funny and loving. He and Marc get on really well, apart from the usual testing that all kids do!

Well, talk to you all soon.

LoseForLife
09-11-2001, 08:24 PM
I am so upset to hear what has happened in America, and my heart goes out to all of you, especially those with loved ones in those areas hit. I hope you are all ok and I'm thinking of you all.
Lynne

Shasta27
09-12-2001, 07:33 PM
Hey Lynne & Rose:

I just was in so much shock yesterday, watch all of this unfold. I didn't have a chance to post. To listen to all these hearbreaking stories just completely overwelm me. I am praying hard for all those that feel this terrible terrible pain of this tragedy but I am praying for the beautiful souls lost, those that have live thru this nightmare, the recovery ppl who must look for the living and the dead, for those loved ones left behind who must cope with all of this pain, for guidance for our government to figure all this out.

I hope the both of you are doing okay.
I was able to do denise yesterday, for some reason this week seems harder for me. Not sure why. I just walk in place if I can't do the high impact stuff, I was able to do 15 min, out of 20. My thr is 140 so I know I'm getting something good out of it. In a few moments I am going to go do my rower and weightraining, I always enjoy my weightraining, makes me feel good.

I hope the both of you are BUrning those Calories. THinking of the both you.

God Bless,
Shasta

LoseForLife
09-13-2001, 09:06 PM
Hi guys

I'm sure I'm like everyone else not really wanting to post about trivial things like weight loss, when so much else is going on, but at the same time we have to remember to look after ourselves and our families.
We have seen a lot here, and it was covered on all channels 24 hours a day for the first 2 days. Things are starting to return to normal a bit now, but still able to watch CNN on Channel 2 and get all the information. It's so horrible, horrible, horrible. I don't know where it's all at for you guys, but last I heard they were hearing tapping from under some of the rubble but have had to evacuate due to structural damage and an oncoming storm. As if they've not got enough to contend with!

I haven't been watching my food much, and haven't exercised in 2 days, as I've spent most of the time in front of the TV. We've been having dramas here too, with one our major airlines being grounded due to liquidation, but nothing as horrible as you guys.
So far about 85 Australians are missing, with 3 confirmed dead. The people who did this have a lot to answer to, because it wasn't just Americans who were affected, but everyone around the world knows someone. So the whole world is calling for blood and the cowards can't even face us. I feel really sorry for the innocent people of middle eastern descent, as they are being targeted from people's anger, when they haven't got anything to do with it. We heard of a bus-load of muslim children being stoned in Brisbane yesterday. Disgusting.

Anyway, Rose I hope you're okay, and please drop in some time soon to let us know.
Again, my deepest sympathy goes out to all those who were killed or missing, and to those family and friends affected.

It's Friday, so I'm not sure if I'll get in over the weekend. If not, I'll speak to you all on Monday. Please take care and love to you all.

Lynne

Shasta27
09-14-2001, 10:35 PM
Hi Rose & Lynne:

I'm still grieving for these poor poor families, along with the rest of the world. I leave my tv on all day and most of the night, I just don't want to miss anything. I lit a candle today in memory of our brother's and sister's lost in this devestation. I want to take some flowers to the little statue of liberty in west seattle this weekend. I'm holding out hope that there are survivors. It's hard to accept all of this, especially here! I just hope that we go after these terrosits, no matter what u believe in, it's not right to cause all this destruction to anybody, nobody should have to go thru with all this destruction let alone all in one day. How do you get over this much loss in your life. I pray every night that these ppl that were taken so tragically are resting in peace, I pray that these families will make it thru this, and I pray that these ppl searching thru the rubble will be able to cope.
I have to take a break though from all of this. SO I did my rower for 22 minutes and my weightraining for 20 minutes. It does feel like I'm treading thru water this week but I'm still excercising, keeping my goal in mind. I have to keep moving though, I want to lose this weight, i'm so tired of being overweight. I will do this one step at time.
Rose and lynne: I hope you guzs are okay. I totally understand about not excercising this week. Just keep your head up, we will get thru this!!!!!!!!! America will get thru this!
Take good care!

Shasta

LoseForLife
09-16-2001, 10:31 PM
Greetings all!

Itís been very hard for me to pull myself out of this ďdepressionĒ that Iíve been in since last week. For some reason Iíve been affected quite badly, and find it hard to move on. But life doesnít stop when we do, and obligations call.

I had a reasonably good weekend. I managed to finalise the wedding invitations last week, so theyíll be going out soon. I had my hairdresser come over on Saturday so we all got to try out our ďdoísĒ for the big day. Itís very exciting! :D

I didnít get to exercise, and Iím finding it hard to get the energy. I think itís also TOM coming thatís tiring me out. However, Iíve got my clothes at work and Iím going to go for a really long walk at lunch time. The sunís out, and some fresh air will do me good.

Eating wise, god only knows! :o I think it wasnít too bad, and I tried to keep track, but no journalling, so at the end of the day Iíve got no idea! But back onto that too.

Iím feeling very flat today. Iím hoping this walk and some light healthy food will perk me up.

One of the hardest things about what happened last week is how itís affecting the children. Thereís been a big debate here about how much we should let our kids see, and how to explain it to then, and protect them. Now theyíre saying that kids under 9 years shouldnít watch any of it because of how it will affect then psychologically. Nice for them to tell us that now - bit late! However, should we shield them from something that has such a huge impact on everyone? Isnít it better for them to know that itís a sad time and we have to be careful to respect and listen to others? Anyway, Josh had a bad dream last night about monsters taking him away from us, and ended up spending the night in our bed, and now Iím worried that itís got to him more than I thought. Itís so difficult to know whatís the right thing to do.

Shasta, well done on keeping up your exercise and program!
Rose I hope you're okay = haven't heard from you in a while! :(

Have a great day everyone, and Iíll talk to you later.

LoseForLife
09-17-2001, 08:21 PM
Good morning!

Rose where are you??? :?: We're missing you here, and I hope in light of last week that all is ok. I'm not sure where you're from?? Please drop in soon to say hi.

I got a 40 MINUTE WALK in yesterday!!!!! :D :smug: :D :smug: :D
I felt so much better for it, and my food was fairly good. Bit over points, but I'm making up for that today.

The sun's out and it will be 22 degrees today - so nice to have decent weather for a change!

Talk to you soon!

Shasta27
09-17-2001, 11:22 PM
Hi Lynne & rose:
How is you? I hope good!
I did my rower just now, it's now 8 pm, a bit late but better then nothing. I did 23 minutes of the rower and 20 minutes of my weightraining. I did kind of bad on my diet the last three days but today is a new day and I shall prevail this week. I'm keeping a journal so at least I'll know which foods brought me over the edge and stay away from those.
All this knews is really hard to take in. Hopefully we can get thru this together! I have finally taken a break from the news because it was really affecting me. I watch the news once when I get up and once when I go to bed. I think It's better for me to channel it postively so tonight I'm gonna give some flowers to our fire department and late rthis week take some to the little statue of liberty over in west seattle. I pray every night for survivors and I pray that if it happens they are none, that god will comfort these families. I pray the recuers will be able to live with all the terrible things they have seen. I think the best thing I could do right now is to keep up with my excercise program. It was getting to the point where I wasn't sleeping but I need to take care of that husband of mine and keep the house up. I'm looking for a way to channel all this sadness and heart ache, I think I will go to church this sunday. We shall not be intiamated, we will be strong and GET THRU THIS!!!!!!!
Lynne- Keep walking and burning those calories!!!!! Your wedding is just around the corner. Let's channel our sadness in a positive way and get thru this!!!!!! We can do it!
Rose- Hope your doing good! Miss ya! Let us know how your doing!

Shasta

ras8779
09-18-2001, 06:28 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting. I work on a military base and it's been really difficult lately to get to work and it's been stressful. Fortunately, I've been spared from having any friends or family members hurt or killed in the awful attack so I am very grateful for that. It's been so much of a strain on me, that at night I'm exhausted from all the stress and haven't been doing any type of exercise for a whole week:(! I'm going to try to do something tonight. I'm so sorry I haven't been around much but I'm glad to see you are still here keeping this thread alive:)!

Shasta-Way to go on doing so well with your exercise:). I know what you mean about turning the news off for a while. I deal with it at work and then when I get home I just need a break from it all. Hopefully I'll get some exercise in because I know it helps with stress and depression.

Lynne-I'm here:)! It's just been difficult for me to post:(! Work has been hectic but I'm okay. You've been doing great with the exercise:)! Hopefully I'll be able to report the same soon.

Once again I'm sorry and I'll try to post more often. But I have to get off of here and get back to work. Hopefully I'll post tomorrow.

Take care and God bless.

Shasta27
09-18-2001, 07:41 PM
hi Rose & lynne:

Okay today was a pretty good day! I did my denise austin today, 20 minutes, I think it's getting better, pretty soon I'll be ahead of them...hehe...I keep thinking that anyway. I do it at my own pace for now but at least I'm still burning calories. Hey who knows maybe I can teach my own class one day ;) I'm stayin to my diet today, went to store and bought some healthy snacks. My food journal is helping a great deal, then I look and see which foods took me over my limit and watch it for the next day. So I'm on my way!

ROSE:
So happy your back Rose! Missed ya.
I'm glad your safe and your famlies safe!
I hope things will get better for you.
I think your excercising will help so much!
Well you take care of yourself! Hope your taebo helps you relieve some stress!

Lynne:
keep walkin girl! the wedding is almost here! I bet your getting so excited. I hope things are better for you.
We can do it!

Take good care and stay strong!

shasta

LoseForLife
09-18-2001, 09:00 PM
Hi all!

Rose, I'm so glad to hear from you and know you're okay! I'm glad that no one you know has been hurt, but it must be so hard being right in the thick of it. I don't how those volunteers are coping, considering all they see and do. If you get a chance, could you tell all your military people and any volunteers that I think they are wonderful and we are all in huge admiration of all they do. Send them big hugs from me. Don't worry about your exercise, it will all come. It took me a good week to get back into the swing of things, and I'm so far removed compared to you!

Shasta, glad to hear you're also back into it, and your exercise has been inspirational! I think that's why I was so keen to start walking again - didn't want to be left behind! ;)

I've been eating well, and got another 40 minute walk in yesterday. Must remember to see how far I'm going. I also went 10 pin bowling last night with Josh and Marc. Josh has joined the local league, and doing quite well considering he's only 4 1/2!

I'm not sure if I'll get a walk in today. It's quite warm, so it would be nice, but I've got heaps of running around to do. I'm hoping to do my aerobics tonight instead, but TOM is due, so who knows! I've also got my weigh in at WW tonight, which will be interesting as I'm feeling really good, but missed last week's, so you never know! My scales stopped working, so I haven't even been able to cheat and see what they say! :(

Have a great day and catch you tomorrow!

PS I know that it's one week since the tragedy, so my biggest thoughts and hugs go out to you all in USA.

LoseForLife
09-19-2001, 07:50 PM
Good morning!

Well I survived my weigh in! I've lost another .3 kilos! :lol: It might be coming off, but it's darn reluctant! Mind you, I was expecting TOM and I know that always adds weight, so I'm hoping next week should see a better result. That's .66 pounds by the way!

I feel so good too! Having exercised so much and eaten well, I'm not suffering any PMS at all! :D

I didn't get any exercise yesterday, and was too busy icing cakes to do my aerobics, so a nice big session tonight. Marc and I are going into town today to buy the envelopes for our invites, so I can't get my walk in today. With the wind the way it is, I'd probably get blown off the footpath anyway! :dizzy:

Take care all!

Shasta27
09-19-2001, 07:55 PM
Hi Lynne & rose:
How ya doin today? I hope good!
Glad you guzs are getting back to your routines!
It's a beautiful day here in Seattle!
I rowed for 23 minutes and did my 20 minute weightraining excercise, I was a bit tired today but I pushed myself to finish it. My diet seems to be going good! I feel like I'm in good control. I just need to drink my aqua today!
Well I better go finish a few errands....enjoy this gorgeous day!

Lynne: good job getting back to your walking...Hope you enjoy your aerobics! We can do it ;)

Rose: Hope your taebo and total gym workouts are going good!

Stay strng and let's burn those calories! have a nice evening!

Shasta

LoseForLife
09-26-2001, 02:08 AM
Hi guys

Sorry itís been so long since Iíve posted. Iíve been so busy and freaking out a little about the wedding stuff, and Iím not getting any exercise in let alone barely remembering to eat well. Good news is that Iíve maintained this week. Bad news is that I didnít lose. I need to buckle down this week. The exercise is definitely the key for me and I canít afford to miss it.
Iím just about to go for a walk this afternoon. I did get some exercise with gardening on the weekend, but itís not the sameÖ
I hope youíre all well and keeping up your programs. Youíve gotta keep me on track! :lol:

Iím doing this off-line, so I canít see what youíve written, so hopefully Iíll try and post more later and reply to your posts.

Chow for now

Shasta27
09-26-2001, 11:07 PM
Hi lynne and rose:
Hey guys, how u been??
Come on lynne! Let's get motivated! You can do it.
I've been excercising every day this week. Friday I will reach my goal of 25 times this month. Isn't that great??! woohoo.
I recently added to my routine one day of taebo. I thought I would try doing aerobics three times a week and doing my rower and weightraining twice a week for a bit. Really get some conditioning in there!
I've been doing okay on my calorie diet. I've kept this journal since the 10th, it really helps me so much. Even if I eat bad stuff I still write it down.
My john bought me this george foreman grill and it just is so neat. Helps me cook low-fat.
Well I hope the two of you are burning those Calories!!!!
Let's keep at it.

Take Care,
Shasta

LoseForLife
09-27-2001, 09:34 AM
Hi all!

Yet again Iím writing this off line.

Iíve been really busy today, so havenít had a chance to log in to see what youíre all up to. Iím just doing this to make sure I donít slack off.. or you either! Ha ha

Anyway, todayís been a much better day. Iím on a short term program again, this time for 20 days, as that is about how long it will be until my dress arrives. Basically 3 weeks. So Iím going to bust my hump for the next 20 days, and try and knock some more weight off. Then it will be the 15th October, exactly 2 months until the wedding! :eek:

I walked yesterday. I will do so again today. Makes such a difference in how I feel! Also the foodís been good, apart from last nightís pizza, but not even going to bother with that! Will make a more concerted effort to journal, because otherwise itís very easy to lose track. I also want to know exactly what Iíve done for the week and therefore what results Iíve got when I weigh in. Surely better than last week thatís for sure!!

I hope youíre all doing well, and would love you to join me in this next challenge!!

Love you all

LoseForLife
09-27-2001, 07:57 PM
Hiiiiiieeeeeeee!!!

Not much to report apart from the fact that I'm having a "beautiful" day.. Feeling soooo goooooddd!! :D I got my walk in yesterday afternoon, and hopefully get one in tonight.

Shasta, WELL DONE on your excellent exercise record! You sure do bring me to shame! That's terrific, you must be losing the fat in droves! :D

Rose, hope to hear from you soon!

Oh, guess what? They've got a special on at my local gym, $99 for 6 months, so I'm joining up. They've got a women's section, so I can flash the flab without being too embarrassed! :o But it also covers everything, so I can go swimming, have a spa... mmm.... and the really good thing is that they can defer it while I'm away. I think I'll need it when I get back! The only hassle is when I can get there, but I'm making a promise to get there 3 times a week, and just have to work around Marc. If he works at night it makes it kinda difficult cos of Josh. So this weekend, I will be starting, so a nice swim and workout coming my way.. I've missed being at the gym, it's a whole other world! This is my birthday pressie, because otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford it. (which is next month!)

Anyhoooooo, enough rambling...

Take it easy

PS Day 3 is here, and enjoying feeling positive and motivated again. I've lost about 4 kilos so far, and I worked out that 8 kilos is equivalent to one dress size for me, so I can claim to have lost a dress size in the next few weeks! :D

ras8779
09-28-2001, 12:43 PM

Lynne-You sound so great and motivated:D! I hope some rubs off on me. I've been so tired lately with work and my sons football and school that I've done very little in the way of exercise. I am excited about receiving a Pilates. I bought it off of Ebay yesterday and got an awesome deal on it. I can't wait to get it. Way to go on the weight loss and getting into a new dress size:D! Hey the gym sounds like a great deal. If you can make it there 3 times a week it would be great. I'm glad you're still hanging in here. I know I haven't been posting but I'll try to be better!

Shasta-Taebo is such a workout isn't it? I haven't done it in a while but I guess it's time to break out the tapes and get moving. I felt so much better when I was doing Tae Bo. How do you like it? It sounds like you have a great routine going for you:)! I need to get back into the swing of things starting this weekend. I know it will be a busy weekend but I need to make the time for my health. I'm glad to see you're still hanging in here too. I know I've been away far too much but I'll try to post more. :D

Okay off to do some work. It's the busy time of year for us so much to do.

Shasta27
10-01-2001, 05:06 PM
Hi Lynne and rose:

How is you??
I hope good!
Today I did Denise Kickout workout!
Wheww Burn baby burn.
I'm alot better then a few weeks ago. Still gives me a good workout. I'm doing alot better on my low-cal diet. My first few days I thought I wouldn't make it geesh. I have a handle on it now. I'm doing good. I changed my workout around a bit. So I wouldn't get too used to it. I lost another inch overall. The TAEBO is such a good workout for me. I usually do it on Wednesday's, really makes me sweat!!!! whewww. I think when I get used to it, I will do it more. So i finally hit my goal to excercise 25 times for september so I set another goal for october.
Keep burning that butter ladies!!!!

Rose: Can't wait to hear about your Pilates tape! You sound so busy! It will be good when you have time to burn those calories. It's so nice to see you agian ;)

Lynne: Good job! On your walking!!!! I'm so happy you joined the gym, that sounds like such a good deal. You'll probaly really drop those inches now. Woohoo Lynne!

Stay strong, Keep burnin those Calories!

Shasta

LoseForLife
10-01-2001, 09:31 PM
Hi

This is a really quick message to say hello and tell you that I had a WICKED weekend! :D It was a long one for Labour Day, so we got lots done and had heaps of fun. I did weeding and mowing on Saturday and then we took Josh swimming - I joined up at the local gym. We also built him a big spaceship rocket out of cardboard boxes and played lots of games. God only knows what happened with my program cos I basically payed no attention to it. Iím so bad! But it was fairly controlled. I didnít go ballistic. Just didnít record. Exercise was great on Saturday, but not much else. But Iím off to the gym tonight, and will eat better from now on. :^:

Hope youíre all well and Iíll speak to you tomorrow - I would love to catch up, but in a dash. :dizzy:
Cheers

ras8779
10-02-2001, 06:40 PM
Hi Ladies:wave:!

Well here I am still waiting on the arrival of my Pilates machine. I hope to get it soon. It's been a very hectic and somewhat stressful week for me so I sure can use the exercise. It seems like time is going by so fast! It's the end of the fiscal year at my work so it's been hectic balancing the books. But the worst is over with. Haven't had much time to workout and I'm feeling really guilty now:o ! Hopefully that will change soon. Well I can't post much now I still have work to do but will try to check back later.

Shasta-It sounds like you are really kicking butt with your workouts:smug: ! You must be so proud. Keep up the great job.

Lynne-It sounds like you got a great workout doing yard jobs. That's really good exercise:D! Much more then I've been doing but I hope to change all that.

Well I have to run but I just wanted to stop in to say hi to you and let you know I'm still around. I'll write more later. Keep moving!

Shasta27
10-03-2001, 07:19 PM
Hi Lynne and Rose:

How ya girls doing??
Hope great!
Today is Taebo day! Wheww, I always look foward to it. Monday I did denise and last night I did my rower for 24 minutes and weightraining for around 20 minutes. I'm just taking it day by day so I try not get too overwelmed.
It's beautiful here in washington today!
You guys stay strong and keep burnin that butter!!!!!

Rose: Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the Pilates machine!!!! You sound so busy! It was so nice hearing from ya ;)

Lynne: So glad you got your membership! Sounds like your getting back on track! good deal!!!! woohoo time to burn calories!!!!!!

love,
shasta

LoseForLife
10-03-2001, 09:33 PM
Iím too busy for my own good at the moment! :dizzy:
I will get a chance to talk tomorrow, but in the meantime, I hope youíre all going well. I got to the gym last night and did 15 minutes on the treadmill and then swam for Ĺ hour. It was sooooo nice, and I got 12 laps in. :D
Eating is good. Weigh in at WW sucked, but Iím not going there! Have purchased their 10 week booklet, as thatís how long Iíve got until the wedding. My dress has come in and Iíd like to shed another couple of kilos before seeing it!
See ya tomorrow!

LoseForLife
10-04-2001, 09:20 PM
Good morning people!

Well I can finally stop to have a cup of tea and a chat! :D

Shasta, what would we do without you? Thanks for keeping this thread up and mobile! Your exercise has been so impressive, you must be seeing some great results by now?! What's the deal with the Denise Kickout workout? Is that like tae bo or something? Well done on losing more inches - it's a good feeling isn't it!! :D By the way.. WOO HOO for doing 25 days exercise in Sept - that's FANTASTIC :D *doing happy dance* :D I'm hoping to boast the same at the end of October - well done!!!!! Good on you for keeping up your journalling too. I'm on a 10 week program through WW with a booklet that has the whole journalling provided, and charts etc, so I can carry it with me everywhere, and have NO EXCUSE not to keep track! :^:

Rose, what's a Pilates machine? I hope you've got it soon. Have things calmed down much? Are you remembering to take care of yourself?? It's easy to forget, but hard to recover from!

I've got a good idea. Why don't we add to our usual exercise regime the challenge to see if we can journal for a whole 7 days and see what difference it makes. I can see that we're all keen to do so, no matter what program we follow, to help keep us "honest" about what we're eating. So how about it? Shall we tally up the results at the end of next week? Also, I will promise to come in here regularly and keep you posted on my exercise, seeing as how that's the whole idea of this thread! :rolleyes: I'm hoping to get out for a walk in a minute, and maybe even get to the gym tonight!!!!! :eek:

Happy Thanksgiving to you all - we don't celebrate it here, but I know it's pretty huge for you guys. We don't even really do Halloween, which sucks, cos it looks like great fun! I keep thinking to do it, but knocking on doors yelling "trick or treat" might just get me arrested! :lol: :lol:

I might not get a chance to come in on the weekend, knowing me, so if not, have a wicked weekend, and I'll think of you all as I swim up and down the pool, walk 10 times around the block, avoid that second piece of cake, and twist my way to skinniness!!!!!!

Tazmani77
10-07-2001, 12:14 PM
I'd like to join your walking group. Are you ladies open to a new member? I already walk 2-4 miles everyday weather permitting. I live a cold climate so it will be winter here soon. I joined a community center to walk their track for the winter. I just thought it would be good to communicate with others who can keep me motivated to push through the winter and keep my regiment. I make a pretty good sounding board too. Okay ladies what do you say am I in? :)

Walking is a way of life!!!!!

LoseForLife
10-07-2001, 08:36 PM
Hi all!

I'm going to be coming in later to chat, but just quickly wanted to welcome Tazmani77. Sure would love to add a new member to this little group. Your walking sounds great - every day and joining a club to do track walking - I'm very impressed!! :D We certainly can benefit from someone of your motivation - you and Shasta should certainly kick my butt into gear! :lol:

Talk to you at lunchtime...

Tazmani77
10-08-2001, 10:50 AM
Hi gang,
Just wanted to check in. I just finished my 2.5 mile power walk. It is cold outside but it is still sunny and dry so I try and bundle up really good when I go out to walk. I lost 2# last week but hope to see better results this week. It is harder the older you get. The weight is snailing its way off but I can see the difference week after week so that keeps me going. Well i need to eat something so I'll check in a little later

HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoseForLife
10-08-2001, 10:12 PM
Hi guys!

Itís such a nice day today. Itís about 22 degrees, sun shining, Iím in loveÖ.. :D

My food has been so strange and Iím just not getting my arse into gear at all. The exercise has been basically non-existent, because Iím just too darn busy. I hate that! Itís like today. I started at 9.30am and finish at 3pm, so I canít really take time off for a walk. Then Iím off to give some computer training to a client, and then when I get home it will be close to 6pm, getting dark, need to look after Josh, and then Marcís out so I canít get to the gym. And Iíve got a whole pile of cooking and icing cakes to do, so Iím going to be struggling to find the time to do my aerobics!!!!! And every day seems to be like this. :mad: I mean, I love being busy, but this is just getting ridiculous!!!

However, I did manage to stay within points yesterday. Yay to me! :lol: And will do so today. I have been journalling, and my lack of results at weigh in will be obvious in the big bold text of my journal!!! It certainly reminds you that if you take liberties in your choices and donít account for what you do, it takes itís toll!

Taz, CONGRATULATIONS on the loss! :D :D Woo hoo! It might not seem much to you, but I'd love to see ANYTHING come off! Good on ya for your walk too.

Have a great day everyone. Iím thinking of you guys a lot during these horrible days of war. Weíre worried here, so I hate to imagine how you guys must be feeling. Iím starting to get scared of flying to NZ, because Aust is so involved they say we are quite a target. *sigh* I just wish everyone would recognise that weíre all different and live together in peace and look after this earth - itís the only one weíve got!

Bye for now

Tazmani77
10-09-2001, 11:27 AM
Thanks Lynne. I am still plugging away. It is just that I have so much weight to lose I get inpatient at times. I let myself get too unhealthy and now I want my figure and health back like yesterday.

Done with my walk for today and feeling great. I also did 1 hour of H20 aerobics . I lve H20 aerobics, I wish it was the only form of exercise I had to do at all, but alsa if I don't walk I don't lose. So off on the trails I go each day. :)

Shasta: You really seem to have a good routine going over there. I can only wish to be as active. Love you motivation, spread it around :) GREAT JOB!!!

ras8779
10-09-2001, 04:48 PM

Tazmani77-Welcome:)! I was so happy to see a new person joining us. It's great to have you with us and I love your cute images that you attach. Where do you get those? It sounds like you are doing great with the walking. I wish I could report the same. I'm hoping to get back on track. Thanks for joining us:)!

Lynne-I finally got my Pilates machine but I was a bit disappointed because I thought it was the one on the stand but it's the one that sits directly on the ground. It's a little hard getting up and down on it but I'll try it out for a while. Just kind of a let down:(! Anyway I haven't been doing much in the way of any exercise but I plan to change that starting tonight. I need to get moving before these holidays:eek:! I'm glad you're still posting here even though I'm not around much. It's still been really busy at work but I'll try harder to post more. Oh great idea by the way with the 7 day commit thing. I agree. Lets do it!

Shasta-As you can tell I'm not so happy with the Pilates machine. I was expecting a different one and although this one is okay when you have your mind set on something else it's always a let down:(! I'm going to use it though and see if I can learn to like it more. I think a little Tae Bo is what I need to do tonight. How's your Tae Bo going by the way? It sounds like you are hanging in there great:)! I'm with Lynne, thanks for keeping this thread alive:)!

Okay back to work. I've been chatting too long. See ya all tomorrow.

Tazmani77
10-10-2001, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone.
Rose, Thanks, I get these gifs out on the web. I did a search for gifs. You can just pick them up off those sites and store them on your computer or put them on your own web page. Thats what i do.

I was able to walk for 3 miles today but it is getting so cold here now I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to walk outside. That is my favorite place to walk. I'm thinking about saving for my own treadmill, but they are expensive these days. It may be a while before I get my own. My daughter has one that is just collecting dust but she says she may get back into walking so she doesn't want to part with it for now. I can understand that.

Well ladies you have a good day and walk it out!!!
Be good to yourselves just for today!!!
Treat yourself as good as you do everyone else!!!

Bye for now!:love:

ras8779
10-10-2001, 03:16 PM
Hey let's all go to a new thread! This one is getting too long. Look for #36 and join us over there:D!

Shasta27
10-10-2001, 03:34 PM
Hi Lynne, Rose, TAZ:

Hi ya guzs!
How ya doing???
Welcome TAZ, so happy to have ya!!!!
I've been so busy the last few days, havn't had a chance to post.
My mom just recently came back from Alaska so busy running her around.
I have been getting my excercise in!
Monday I did my denise Austin for 20 minutes. Tuesday I did my workout 20 minutes of the rower and 20 minutes of weightraining. Today was taebo!!!! This month is a new goal of excercising 23 times this month!!!! So far so good ;) I excercise monday thru friday and save saturday and sunday for make up days or I make it a point to do something with the hubby..something active like walking in the park, or walking downtown...something like that! I'm determined to get him excercising by thanksgiving!