Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #1  
Shar

S/C/G: 280/149/140

Default Sharmel Update 09/11 "Versed and Morphine are a beautiful couple"

Shar's is slowly improving, they tested her feeding tube again today via ct scan and it still has not sealed itself off, but on the good side, there are no fluid accumulations that present any immediate concern. Dr feared that her fever spikes are being generated from the hicman catheter. He pulled her hicman this afternoon, due to this fear and the fact that is rarely being used. He bumped her morphine doses up to compesate for the loss of the epidural; which he pulled yesterday due to fever spikes. Can you tell that one of his primary conerns is that he does everything he can to prevent a full blown infection anywhere in her body? He is leaving it up to her as to when she feels ready to go upstairs to the surgical floor. She still has alot of pain and discomfort with any type of movement, but she is bearing down and forcing herself to move a little each day. Dr wants to continue with R & R over the weekend and perhaps tuesday he will do another CT of the feeding tube to see if he can start using it. He still has no intentions of testing the surgery via a swallow unitl at least the 11th. History has shwon us that alot can happen/change in just a few days, lets pray that any changes are for the better. Ill keep you posted and again if anyone would like to send flowers (once she is upstairs) and/or cards, let me know and I'll get you the info.

Thanks and do a little dance for Mr Morphine!
USAFwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'm so glad she is improving
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

morphine is our friend, despite its tendency to reduce respiration. but that's why she's in the hospital!!! she's in good hands, my friend. they're paying attention and taking it slow. we can''t ask for anything more.

much love...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #4  

I get up every morning thinking of Shar. Thanks again for the update Eric. Just think of that old tortoise and the hare story. Tell Shar to keep remembering it won't always be like this. Its getting better. Just real slow is all.
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:12 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

its all baby steps let her know we're thinking of you both!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:57 PM   #6  

Thanks for the update Eric.. I had been busy with family issues but Shar had always been on my mind! I am glad to hear that the surgery went well, and Shar, hang in there! You went this far, all is going to be well in the end! May your recovery be speedy and this be the last surgery you will ever have to do! (except maybe for a C-section in the near future )

Hugs ,
D.
Della1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:38 AM   #7  

news?????
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote