Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:26 PM   #1  
A Constant Battle!

Question Hi I am brand new to WW

I just joined WW Wednesday night. I am 35 and never have been so heavy in my whole life! I have a dog so I always walk twice a day and have tried every diet in the world and just never seemed to lose or keep it off. I really need to join a gym, but there just seems like there's not enough time in the day.

I started the Flex Plan I'm doing good but I'm frickin starving! This is what I had today: 3/4 cup cereal w/skim milk 4 pts, iced coffee with skim milk 2 pts, a banana 2 pts, a Smart One (gross one) for lunch 4 pts, a low lat granola bar 2 pts. 13 points already and I havent eaten squat! I only have 13 points left for the day and that will be taken up with dinner tonight - a piece of chicken and asaparagus w/olive oil salt and pepper. They say eat every 3 hours. How can you eat every 3 hours when you end up having hardly any points for dinner?

I also cook dinner for my husband and he is picky when it comes to diet food.

Any tips/suggestions/advice would be appreciated! Looking forward to joining in on this board. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #2  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello!
I am fairly new to WW (this is only my 2nd day!) But I have found if you eat LOWER point valued items, you can eat more (and therefore you're not hungry)
So why don't you, instead of eating a Smart One (which wouldn't fill up an ant!) Make a turkey sandwich on light wheat (the bread is 1pt, turkey 1pt, and 1 tbsp light miracle whip .5 pt) with a salad topped with fat free dressing (1 pt for 2 tbsp dressing)? You can also have strawberries that equal no points. Definately MORE food and only 3 1/2 calories.
I don't drink coffee, but it may be worth it for you to just be drinking more water.
What kind of cereal are you eating? I got the WW Cereal its only 2 pts then 1 pt for the milk, there's an extra point also.
Hang in there! Seems like you've got the right idea!
Old 09-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #3  
A Constant Battle!

Hi thanks for the reply. I have one iced coffee a day ( I NEED IT! I do drink tons of water all day and all night and nothing else. I have for a long time now so water intake isnt an issue. I will try the turkey sandwich and salad for lunches instead. I usually like having a bigger lunch because of my long work day, than a Smart One! I havent bought new cereal yet. So I'm still finishing the box I had before joining WW. It's Honey Bunches of Oats and according to the Pointsfinder what I had w/milk was about 4 points.

Are the WW cereals and snacks that you buy there really expensive? I didnt even check them out when I joined Wednesday night.

Thanks again!
Old 09-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

Im actually doing this myself, I didn't join WW. I bought cookbooks and was given the complete guides by a friend.
I'm not sure where you are, but Wegmans carries the WW stuff, the muffins (1pt each) are 2 boxes for 6.00 and there are 6 muffins in a box.
The cereal was 3.49 I think. I sub'd the WW Bread for the Wegmans brand (it has lower counts on everything except fiber which is great!)
I usually eat cereal for breakfast and have a banana with a yogurt cup for a snack, lunch, grapes or carrots for another snack, dinner, and then more fruit for my later snack.
I have not had a hard time with dinners (I have been on the 1200 calorie diet before starting WW) because my boyfriend is very much in to healthy eating also. Make what hubby wants and CONTROL YOUR PORTIONS!
We eat a LOT of grilled chicken and mix up the sides (veggies, corn, mashed potatos, pasta roni) for dinners. I also like the Lean Cuisine frozen skillet meals. You get 1 cup of food and its only 4 points.
I promise in time your stomach will get used to it, it just takes a lot of will power. But with eating 3 good meals and 3 healthy snacks, you wont feel so hungry!
Old 09-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I don't buy their snacks or cereals.I use fibreone cereal i think it is 1point and has 14grams of fibre in it.Add a banana to it.Fruits are low points as well.You can eat a ton of low point foods everyday and feel more than satisfied.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #6  

Hello! I just saw your discussion on breakfast foods and thought I would tell you that if you like oatmeal Quaker Oatmel (the lower sugar one) in the pouches are about 2 points and they are a good filling breakfast. And they are lower points than the Quaker weight smart ones. Also Oscar Meyer has this bacon that is microwavable ( and trust me I'm not a microwavable food type of gal lol....smart ones...no way! lol) and it's only 3 points for 3 slices. And it's very filling. Hope this stuff helps lol.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

I've started making the muffins on the back of the Kashi Good Friends cereal box. They are only a point a piece & have been a huge life saver for us> I even have been experimenting by adding this like lots of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to them. Yum!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:39 PM   #8  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Hi, All!! These forums can be addicting too.. But RileyKing, you sound just like I did when I first started WW (for the 1st time in Jan 06). Jumped off the wagon for the summer and back ontop of the scale (by about 8 lbs). Just restarting.... Anyway, just remember cooked vegetables don't have but about 1 pt apiece (if that) per cup. So you'd be better off w/ leftover baken chicken for lunch w/ cooked veggies rather than a SmartOne. I love sq/zuch/tomatoes sauteed w/ vidalia onions, accent flavoring. Mash potatoes (1 pt apiece) using nonfat evap milk or skim w/ salt & pepper to taste. I take about 3-4 pieces of fruit w/ me to work. And a flavorfultwist is like I told 3FC on another forum: Blend 1 tbsp unsw powdered cocoa, 1/2 cup skim, 1/2 cup vanilla Yoplait yogurt, ice cubes, vanilla flavoring (milkshake thingy for 2pts) for those evenings that you want to eat the entire fridge w/ the stove on top. Those frozen dinners are convenient; but believe me the flavor "ain't there". And that's a sure way (for me) to fall back off this wagon.. The road is already bumpy... Eating froz dinners is like throwing a boulder in the road.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:40 PM   #9  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome! When I first started, I was always hungry. Your body adjusts to it, give it time!

Post often so we get to know you and good luck!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:41 PM   #10  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

OOPS, for the above milkshake thingy - be sure to add your sweetener (either Splenda or my favorite is Equal)!! A real tastebud pleaser!
Closed Thread