Old 09-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #1  

Question anything equivalent to xcel tablets?

I just joined yesturday at the la weightloss center. I won't be doing the cleansing juice until Monday and have an appoitment with them on Tuesday, so I don't have my plan yet. I did buy the xcel supplement, for metabolism, energy, cravings and control and paid 89.99 for them. Does anyone know if there is a supplement equivalent to these that's not so expensive?
1lasttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #2  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

First of Welcome to the group. Second, I can't personally tell you and equivalent, but what I would do is go to GNG or a health food store with your bottle and they can probably help you out. You could also go on the web to Puritan's Pride and check it out. They have everything on there and usually have some pretty good sales going on all the time.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #3  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Cheapest option-don't buy them Seriously, they aren't necessary for weight loss. Some people think they help-others see no benefit.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #4  

Thank you for the information, I've tried them and so far they do help me with wanting to snack when I'm not really hungry, also seem to give me a little more energy, it could also be my imagination, I'll have to be on them longer to see if it really makes a difference. I'll check on that site and see what I can find out if I do decide to continue taking them. Thank you again for responding!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:28 PM   #5  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

1lasttime - if you type in "Xcel" at Search this Forum you will find a bunch of previous threads, questions, info, etc. on Xcel (and other supplements). Looks like some folks have bought the supplement on ebay for half price.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #6  

Thank you so much for the info, I'm pretty new to this site so just getting to know how it works.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

1lasttime - How did your Fast Forward go?
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #8  

It worked pretty well, I lost 4lbs but I thought it was pretty difficult to do, just having the green veggies and protein. I haven't tried the lemon in water yet, I heard that really helps with the water weight. Before I started the diet I had been pretty heavy on the salt (I do believe I'm a salt addict!!), so it might take a little extra time getting the water weight off. I have an appointment tomarrow morning when I have to decide on what bars I'll be purchasing, any idea on the most reasonable plan for purchasing the bars?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

If you purchase all your lites, you save in the long run. However, since that is VERY expensive, I started purchasing 20 boxes on sale at $179 or something like that. Always ask if they have a sale. If not, ask the center manager if she can work a deal. It seems that whenever I need bars, the manager has a special for me.

Good luck!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #10  

I just purchased a couple of boxes of bars, and danish type bars and the cookbook. I also bought the south beach peanut butter bars and chocolate bars (called breakfast bars) and the nutritional count was better on them than the la bars!! The only bad thing was the sodium was a little higher but not by much. They were lower in sugar, higher in fiber, lower in calories, and lower in fat!!! I haven't tasted them yet, I'm sure they don't taste as good as the la bars, but having them too will make my bars last longer. The cheapest plan was 700.00 for the bars and that was way too much for me!!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:18 PM   #11  
Marleymom

S/C/G: 176/156/120

Height: 5'1"

I bought the supplements my first month ONE TIME only just so I would have the bottles with the nutrition information on them. I can't afford them from the COD. They were over $175! Where can I take them to match them up for the cheapest possible equivalent? GNC?
Marleymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #12  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Ok...got excited for a minute - I thought that Juliemarie was back...then I saw the date of the post...duh
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

ME TOO!!! I was all ready to type "YAY!!! JM IS HERE!!!" then my bubble was popped too........
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote