WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatter for September

View Full Version : Thursday Chatter for September

Tina
09-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Hello, Hello, Hello,
We're so glad you found this thread. We are a group who wants to be healthier. We've all followed WW and some have tried other things.
Thursday is the day set for weigh-in. However, if you weigh on another day, you won't be thrown out. :D

I had set Labor Day as my goal to lose 5 pounds. It isn't happening! My scales are stuck, I'm stuck, something just isn't moving.

Everyone come on in and post!
Tina
:flow1:

auntie
09-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi,
Tina, thanks for starting us off this month. It's hard to believe that it is Sept. already. How is Smokey? I'm not making my goal either.

Tammy, have fun with Tim!

Where is everyone? We miss ya'll

I going to focus on getting 20-25 pounds off before Christmas,

Tammy
09-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi gang! My weight is stuck too. I don't think my butterfly will ever move again. I start my water aerobics class this Wed. night, so maybe that will help.

We ended up bringing Tim home yesterday. The health dept. called to say that they had a meningitis vaccine reserved for him. They ran out this summer. They were only keeping it 2 weeks. Band was cancelled on Friday (3-5) since they had the football game Thurs. night. Tim got out of class at 1:00, we picked him up and made it to the health dept. before they closed. He stayed overnight here, and he'll go back later this afternoon. I made his favorite meal last night (meat loaf, scalloped corn). It was nice having him home even though I know he'll be leaving later today. Right now he is asleep. Kramer was very glad to see him.

They have another game next Saturday, so we'll see him next weekend too.
Oh, after the game Thurs. night, he and Jessica came over to our hotel to visit for a while. We drove them back to their dorms then.

Tina, I hope Smokey is feeling better soon. We all know what having a sick pet is like.

I would like to lose 12 pounds by Nov. 8. That's when I go back to the doctor, and that's how much weight he wants off of me. So far, it isn't happening. I've been walking so much, drinking lots more water, and doing well on food for the most part. I just stay at the same weight no matter what.

Kramer is napping. Bob is gone. Tim is napping. I should be napping too!!!

auntie
09-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Tammy,
I'm glad that you made it back safely. Water aerobics should help you just relax over all.

I'm doing as little as possible this weekend. I'm hoping to get rid of this bug.

I need to do something to get going again. Maybe we should come up with a date and a total we want to lose. Even if it's a small amount. What do you think? I would like to be down 25 pounds by Christmas but I don't know if that is do able for me or not.

Well I'm off for a nap myself too.

Tammy
09-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Susan, when I was at the doctor the last time, he told me to lose 1 pound a week. That's why he chose the 12 pounds for me because it would be 12 weeks until my next appointment. I just don't know what to do. I do well for a while, then I blow it all terribly. I just need to get my mind set and do it! Easier said than done. Hope you will feel better after the weekend.

auntie
09-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Tammy,
I am right there with you on losing weight. I try for a few days and then go back to my old ways. Wouldn't it be nice if we were all together and could help each other out in person.,..... or we would be going out to eat all the time :) I go back to the dr. Oct. 3, and would like to be down a little. I know that I lose slow but I would be happy with anything right now.

I feel like I've been sick forever. Pat said that I would probably feel bad for about a week or two. I sure hope not. I've done nothing today and plan on doing nothing all weekend.

Tina
09-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Who wants to tell how they lose weight???
How do you get that pound a week off?
I'd love to hear what everyone has to say.

I have found that I can lose when, and only when, I drink 8 glasses of water every day. Unfortunately, I can't make myself do that every day. :D

Tammy
09-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Susan, I told you to get better!!!!! No week or two!!

It would be great if we could all get together and go to some health spa weight loss place. I'd want it to be free for all of us of course. lol

I drink water during the day, but lately I don't even know how much I'm drinking. When I'm at school I think I drink more because I always have a mug with me. I'm taking my little refrigerator to school this week. I plan to keep bottled water and healthy snacks there. Maybe that will help on the 3 days a week that I am there.

I have to do something!!

Mom4kids
09-04-2006, 12:10 PM
I bought a three liter bottle of water, and I tried to drink one full one a day. It is very hard for me, I don't ever drink liquid. Maybe a cup of coffee in the morning, then a 1/2 glass of diet pepsi with lunch. How bad is that? But I started taking a fiber supplement and it scared me into drinking at least 48 ounces which was a start...until my surgery. I haven't taken it since, and haven't drinken the water. I feel better and seem to lose weight also when I get that yucky water down....if you find a solution to getting the water down...........please do share.

Oh, and don't feel bad, my ticker isn't moving either.

This three day weekend isn't helping...

Tammy
09-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Maybe having a bottle of water that I know I had to finish by the end of the day would work. Or maybe not! I have a couple of friends who bought those Crystal Light single packs that they add to their bottle of water. Joyce said the strawberry kiwi is yummy. I've tried the lemonade, and I like it. Wonder if that would help?
I drink way too much diet pop, and I know that. I need to get my hubby to think healthy when he is doing the cooking. He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy, and that's a problem. You know, the potatoes also need gravy on them. Oh my!!!

I need to go fold some laundry. Hope your weekends are more exciting than that!!

Tina
09-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Happy Labor Day!

I think those bottles of water help me drink, too.
Once in a great while, I splurge and buy some Perrier water bottles. You know, it's carbonated water. It's not really the taste of the diet drinks I crave, it's the bubbly stuff. That Perrier is great and doesn't cause retention. (Of course, it's too expensive to get.)
Dee, I think I missed something......what kind of surgery are you having???

We drove down to Galveston Island. Boy, it was crowded. We didn't go into the water, just parked and watched for a little while. Then, we went to Whataburger for hamburgers and came on home. I'm really tired. The traffic was slow coming home and it was just afternoon.

auntie
09-04-2006, 08:25 PM
I don't really have a problem drinking the water. I do find at times that I will be drinking way too many diet dr. peppers and not water. I normally have a bottle of cold water when I get up (so that's 16 oz.) I like add just a splash of cranberry juice to it.

It's been raining here. Not a lot but a nice slow steady rain! Oh we need it so bad!!!

You guys need to sit down for this.... I rode my bike 30 minutes this morning and then 30 minutes again this afternoon. I've also decided that I'm going to join a gym this week. It's open 24 hours so I have no excuse. I have decided that I will ride my bike in the morning and then come home in the afternoon with the guinea pig. Then I'll feed animals and go exercise. I think that is the only way I'm going to get jump started.

Tammy, I like the idea of a few spa or resort! Let's work on it. :)

Tina, we went to the mall and it was so crowded that I just wanted to come home too. I hate crowds.

Hope you have had a great Labor day!

auntie
09-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Isn't it horrible about Steve Irwin "the Crocodile Hunter."

maureen kempster
09-04-2006, 08:45 PM
good evening everyone
Hope everyone had a great long weekend. I had to move saturday because they went and sold my apartment-I had to look for a place and pack before I went on holidays because when I got back there would only be 3 days until I had to move. Anyway, I've moved again and hopefully that's it for a while.
As for the water and drinking it, what I do is fill up a jug that I know holds 8 cups and drink from that. When it's done, I know I've had the amount I should have for the day. It works for me. I've been rollerblading yesterday morning and I just came in from another run. I'm telling you, I'm sure glad I started doing it I'm sure it's been a big help in getting the pounds off and keeping them off. Since february(when I quit smoking) I've managed to lose at least 28 lbs. so you can bet I feel fantastic about that
Susan, sounds like your heading in the right direction with the biking.
Tammy, I'm glad you were able to get together with Tim.
Tina, how's your Smoky? Did I tell you I got another kitten, that's 2 now and they keep each other company. I've named the new addition Casey, the other fella is Charley.
I should do some things around here so I'll say bye for now. Let's all stick to program.

maureen

Tammy
09-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Tina, I don't like the carbonated water, so I'll just drink the plain stuff. I do need to get away from the diet pepsi. I guess it's better than the real pepsi though. We ate at Red Lobster tonight. Grilled shrimp and salmon for me. I love baked potatoes with sour cream, but I had the vegies instead. Now that was a sacrifice. lol I also ordered water with my meal for once. Bob always does.

Susan, I drink water when I take my medicines in the mornings. I also drink it at dinner and before bed. I try to have water during the day at school. It's all of the time in between when I'm hitting the diet pepsi. Cranberry juice made me shiver. Tim loves it. Way to go on riding your bike!!!!!! That's the way to get motivated and get those pounds moving. I agree about Steve Irwin! How sad. Bob said that with all of the things that he has done over the years, he was surprised that he hadn't been killed before, or severely injured.

Maureen, I can't believe you had to move!!!! I think you were smart getting it out of the way on Saturday though. I used to have a WW mug that I think held the amount of water that you should drink during the day. I think it must have been sold at the auction. You are doing great with your weight loss!!! 28 lbs. is awesome!! And just since February!!! Woo hoo!!!
Glad that Casey and Charley get along!

Sticking to program sounds like a good idea. Drinking more water sounds like a wonderful idea for me. I'll try to do better tomorrow.
Weekends go pretty fast, don't they?

Mom4kids
09-04-2006, 10:41 PM
I had my tonsils out. When I did, I couldn't take any of my herbal teas or fiber meds. I couldn't take any of my normal meds. So when I stopped for the surgery, the water intake stopped. Now that I am healed and healthy, I still can't get back into to water thing.

I agree, the death of Stever Irwin is so sad, and a complete shock. What a horrible, freak accident.:(

Tammy
09-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Dee, when I had my carpal tunnel surgery I had to stop taking some of my medicines. Hope we all get back into the water thing.

Tim mentioned last week that he'd like to go away during his spring break in March. Planning early is good, right? Guess who he wants to go away with?
US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought he'd want to go away with the guys or with Jess. He did mention that it might be nice if Jess could go along, but he wants ol' mom and dad along too. (to pay for it probably)

I worked with students today, and I had fun. I know most of them did. I had so many of them in 2nd and 4th grade. Same kids just bigger.

Tina
09-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Water, water, everywhere.....:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
Maybe we should start slow---like everyone try drinking at least two glasses a day. How does that sound?

Tammy, that is so great that Tim wants a family vacation. I'm so happy for you. What do you think about Jess going? Hmmmm, what about the sleeping arrangements? :lol:
Susan, how are you feeling?

Maureen, sorry you had to move.
Sis, are you still with us?
Mimi, where are you, girl?

Tina
09-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Larry and I have talked and have decided that it's time to let Smokey go.
Smokey has been going down for the last month. We could keep him going. His little eyes look like he feels so bad. We never wanted to just keep him alive.
I have an appointment tomorrow morning for the vet to check to see if the urinary infection is gone. I don't know if we'll do it then or wait another day. I don't think I'll have the strength to wait much longer now that we've made the decision.
Just wanted all my friends to know what I'm going through. Please pray for us.
Tina

Mom4kids
09-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Aw Tina, my heart breaks for you. Sadly, that is what's best for Smokey. Hang in there, I am thinking of you. :hug:

Tammy
09-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Oh Tina. My heart is hurting for you and Larry. Wish we were there to give you a hug. I know it was a hard decision to make.

Water. I always drink at least 2 glasses of water a day. I probably drink 5 or 6. Maybe I should measure the glasses and see how much I'm really drinking. I might be doing better than I think I am.

About the trip, I'm ok with Jess going. We already decided we would get 2 rooms. 1 for Jess and me. 1 for Bob and Tim. We're going to talk more this weekend when we see him.

By the way, my butterfly moved. I didn't wait until Thursday to move it because who knows where it will be by then!!! Hope it keeps going in the right direction though. Tonight was the first water aerobics class at the Y for this session. Only had 1 different person from last spring, and we all made her feel welcome. She had fun.

I need to go to bed. We have open house tomorrow night. If I go to school, I'm not going to open house. If I don't go to school, I'll go to open house. I know that I can't do both.

maureen kempster
09-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Good morning
Tina, I'm really sorry to hear about Smokey. I'll be praying for you all too.
Tammy, way to go with the butterfly it does feel good though when it's going the right way.
I hope you all have a great day - drink the water
maureen

Sis
09-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi everyone. I haven't been here in a while. I have started a new job that I work an alternative shift. One week its Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, & Sun then the next week it is only Wed. Thurs. . The short week is great the long week is LONG cuz it is 12 hr days.
Tina, I am so sorry to hear about Smokey. I know just how you feel. It breaks my heart to think about it. We still haven't gotten another labby after our Suzy. But we are going to after we build a fence around our back yard.
I have to work on the water drinking too. I use to do well but after you get out of the habit it's hard to get back into it.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Take care......Sis :D

Tina
09-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Smokey is at peace now. Larry and I took him this morning.
The vet and technician were crying too because they've watched him grow up. It was best and it was peaceful.

Thank y'all for being here for me.

Tammy
09-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Tina, I'm so sorry about Smokey. I know you made the right decision, but it is so hard for everyone involved. Take care.

Maureen, I drank and drank water today. I also was in the bathroom alot. I didn't go to school because I was hurting so bad. Temp has been up and down all day, so I thought the water would help with that too. By the way, I also didn't go to open house tonight. Decided standing around to say hello to the parents of the kids was silly since I already know all of them after having the kids in 2nd and 4th grades.

Sis, I would get totally confused with those shifts!! Do you have a calendar marked to keep you on track?

auntie
09-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Hi,
What a busy week!

Tina, I am so sorry about Smokey. I know it's hard!!!! I still miss Betty and Boss. It's not an easy decision but one that was a necessity.

Tammy, it sounds like school is going good.

Sis, great to hear from you.

Maureen, I can't believe that you had to move! They didn't give you much notice.

Well, my husband told me yesterday that I needed to lose weight. Let's just say that he was not in the nicest mood. I wanted to hit him :) What does he think I've been doing! He apologized today.

I joined Lifetime Fitness. It's open 24 hours and has everything. I went tonight. Plus rode my bike this morning. I also signed up for a 6 session of personal trainer, dietician, and some other stuff. I'm going to do this!!!

Tina
09-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Evening,
Sis, it's so good to hear from you. We were about to send out the police to find you. :D I'm with Tammy---how on earth can you remember those shift days!!!

Tammy, I am so sorry you felt so bad today. But, isn't it great that you can stay home and not feel guilty!

Susan, thank you for the condolences. I know you still miss Betty and Boss. Shame on Pat! Congratulations on joining the gym and getting a personal trainer. That will really help show you the areas you need to work on......and how to use the equipment.

How is everyone else?????
I've had a roller coaster day of emotions. Right now, I'm ready for a good night's sleep. I ate so little today that I'm bound to see a difference on the scales tomorrow.

Tammy
09-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Susan, are Bob and Pat related? Actually Bob hasn't come right out and said that, but he has made a couple hints. I know he's right, but I also know that he doesn't listen to me when I tell him he needs to lay off the beer because of the diabetes. Let us know how you like the fitness place! 24 hours. That wouldn't give me an excuse not to go! lol

Tina, it was nice staying home and not feeling too guilty about it. I knew I was supposed to finish up with 3 reading groups, but the teacher handled it on her own. She's tough. lol My temp is up again today, and I slept most of the morning away. Bob told me to take another nap this afternoon if I felt like it so I'll be feeling ok to go to the football game tomorrow night. I know what you mean about the emotions. Hang in there!!

GoddessInclined
09-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Hello, ladies!

It's been a hundred years since I've been here, and boy, does it show? I wonder who is still around? I know that *I'm* still around, or rather, a round. :(

But I'm back....weighing it at.....more than last time. Hopefully, my mother and I will goad each other skinny...er, healthy. My sister is threatening to get married and make me her maid-of-honor, so I figure I need to slim down lest I order my dress from Omar the Tent Maker. Although at my advanced age, it seems ridiculous to be called a "maid." Perhaps "Warrior Princess of Honor" would be more appropriate? I think I like that. I wonder if she'll put it in the program that way? :)

Tammy
09-08-2006, 04:24 PM
I am cracking up!! Warrior Princess of Honor has a nice ring to it I believe!! If your sister gets married, you can be the WPoH, and the rest of us will sing!! I'm sure she would be thrilled.
It's great to hear from you by the way! Just where have you been hiding? don't you know it is a rule to check in here????

I've been working on my retirement application off and on today. The decision to retire was easy, now we're looking at the health care options. Oh my. I told Bob that he needs to have any surgeries he can think of between now and the end of Feb. while we're still on the school insurance. Hmmm. Wonder if I should have the carpal tunnel done in my left hand before I retire?

Tammy
09-10-2006, 05:16 PM
WHERE IS EVERYONE?????????????

Tina
09-10-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm still here but figured no one wanted to hear about me mourning for Smokey.
Tammy, how was the game? How was Tim? Did you go to church there?

auntie
09-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Hey,
I'm still here. I've been really good about exercising! I'm so proud of myself. I did the elipicle machine for almost 3 mintues and I thought I was going to DIE!!!! I did it twice.... I like the machine but I will certainly have to build up my time on it.

Tina, you can talk about Smokey all you want! We are all here for you!!! What are friends for!!! You have certainly listened to me!

Tammy, I have laughed so hard about the Tide email. Pat did think it was a funny as I did...... he said "it kind of scares me that you think it's so funny." :) Oh by the way, he has calmed down at least for the time being

Where is everyone? I agree........

Tina
09-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Okay, we're missing something here. What Tide e-mail?????

auntie
09-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Tina,
I just sent you the email.

Susan

Tammy
09-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Tina, feel free to talk about Smokey! It will help. I thought that I sent Tina the Tide email too. Maybe it didn't go through.

The football game was a good one! Tim goes to Ball State which is a little school. They played Indiana Univ. which is a big school. Ball State lost by 1 point! They played great!!! I think the IU team and fans were a bit surprised. After the game Tim and Jess walked to our hotel (close to the stadium), then we drove them to their dorms to change out of their uniforms, then we went to IHOP. YUMMY!!!! We all had pancakes, they all had sausage and I had bacon. We were all hungry (10:00 at night) because we all ate lunch about 2.

This morning we picked them up and went to church. The people were so welcoming! A few remembered the names of Tim and Jess, and right away a couple said that I had to be Tim's mother. lol Very nice service. Last week and today they went to the 11:00 service. Jess has to work next week at 11, so they are going to the 8:30 service. A gentleman talked to them today and told them about a college youth group he teaches at 10. They have snacks between the 8:30 service and when that starts, so I think they'll give it a try next week. When she doesn't work, they can go a little early, eat, go to the college class, then stay for the 11 service. I will definitely go with them again when I'm over there.

Tim is still loving his classes. Well, the music history class he is tolerating. lol
He had talked to the grad assistant for percussion about finding someone to give him snare lessons. This guy talked to him the other day, and it sounds like he or the section leader will be giving Tim lessons. He told Tim that he wasn't that far off in tryouts (boy did that boost his morale), and after seeing what he can do, he knows that Tim had a bad day the day of tryouts. Wow! Tim is floating!!

Susan, 3 minutes, huh? I feel the same way when I do our machine on the porch. (not sure what it's called!!)

Sure feels good knowing that I don't have to go to school tomorrow. (sorry Susan, lol)

Tammy
09-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Me again. Stayed pretty busy doing things around the house today. Worked in Tim's room. Not sure he'll be thrilled, but it sure looks better. Is there a reason to save empty boxes and bags??? They are going out with the trash tomorrow night. Found a rain poncho that was still wet from Scout camp in July!!! Gross! It was stuck in a duffel bag.

Tina
09-12-2006, 10:05 AM
How is the water drinking????
Yesterday I actually got 8 glasses down myself. I'm going to do that again today.
I'm hoping for a loss on Thursday so my tracker will move.

Sis
09-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Just stopping in real quick to say hi. Yep I do have my work schedule written on a calendar, that way I can make my appt.'s for my off days and I don't have to leave early for them. I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far. I am off today but I work tomorrow and Thurs. Then I get the wkend off. :) Have a great day! ....Sis :D

Tammy
09-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Tina, I am actually doing very well with the water!! I'm counting the Crystal Light lemonade as part of the water drinking too. It really is some pretty good stuff. My scales were down 1/2 pound this morning, so I'm hoping for another 1/2 by Thursday so the butterfly will move. I'm looking forward to a week when ALL of us lose!!! Then we can take a trip somewhere to celebrate.

Sis, I am so glad you use a calendar!!! I use one, and I am going T-W-Th each week, but I still need to keep track. lol

Today I covered a 4th grade class at the end of the day because the teacher had a meeting to go to. She has always taught 5th grade until this year. I had heard things over the years about her discipline (or lack of) but I was almost sick with the way the kids behaved. These kids are the ones that I had my last year at 2nd grade. We were supposed to read a chapter in science. First I had to get them in their seats with their books out. That was a task in itself. Quite a few of them wanted to continue working on other assignments while we read and discussed. I said no way!! A few wouldn't stop talking, etc. I got tough on them. I got out a piece of paper, told them if they didn't behave the way I KNEW they could behave, I was going to start a list of names and we were going to have class during recess on Wed. and Thurs. Amazing! It ended up being quite fun. I think the kids liked it too. So sad that they are in that situation, or even more sad that the teacher has been allowed to get away with that for years. Maybe the new principal will do something about it. I certainly hope so.

Teacher's meeting in the morning, so I guess I should get my lunch ready tonight.

Keep drinking that water!!!! Let's all have a loss on Thursday!!!!

GoddessInclined
09-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Reading previous posts....

So sorry about Smokey, but I'm very proud of you for making the decision to stop your pet's suffering. :::greatbighugs:::

Tammy....so frustrating when a teacher lacks classroom management skills, isn't it? Lack of said skills just makes it harder for every single person in the building. I think mentorship is SO important for teachers, even if they've been teaching a long time and think they aren't in need of it.

Loss this week? Eh...I don't know. We'll see. Friday night, I cleaned out the Chinese buffet, and Monday night, the KFC buffet. But...the last two days I've been REALLY good. Two OP days in a row? Egads! And water is pretty easy for me--I take a liquid vitamin (VIBE from Eniva, and no, I won't try to sell you any!) which I put into a quart bottle of water. I feel better when I take my vitamins, so I drink at least THAT bottle, and usually I can get in another full quart and start on a third. Plus, I'm drinking tea for flouride--my son has braces and I don't want him using the crap the ortho gives him to leave on his teeth OVERNIGHT!!!!! So we have 2 cups of tea together, my boy and I. (I get to be mother.)

I am helping to coach his 5th & 6th football team. He's in 6th grade and playing tackle football. I am no football expert--I know about as much as an avid amateur fan, which isn't much, so when the other coaches start talking "read the screen" or "flim-flam-downfield-flergety," my eyes go blank and cross-eyed. But I'm good at yelling "Again!" when running drills.

Tammy
09-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Wow! We have a football coach in our midst!!! You go girl!! I helped coach my son's little league baseball team for a few years. I know where you're coming from. lol Cleaning out two buffets????? I think there are times that I could relate to that!!!

I'm off of school until next Tuesday. I'm enjoying what I'm doing this year, but it sure doesn't seem like much after having my own classroom for 29 years. No papers to grade at night, no plans to do. There are a few teachers (also close to retirment) who said they would like to have my job next year. I can understand why!

No football game this weekend. Tim has plans for both Fri. and Sat. night. A visit to the planetarium for his astronomy class on Fri. On Sat. he and Jess are going to a symphony orchestra concert in the town where the college is. Should be nice. Talked to him earlier tonight, and he said classes are still going well.

Have a good Friday everyone!

Tammy
09-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Lazy day. I got up with the dog at 5:30. Definitely went back to bed!! Was up for a few hours later and then took a nap. Bob said as soundly as I was sleeping, I must have needed it. Quite nice here today. upper 70's, sunshine, and a nice breeze. We had fog early this morning. Our school had a 2-hour delay because of the fog. I'm glad that I remembered to tell the woman that calls me what my schedule is. Of course, I was probably up with Kramer when she would have called.

No plans for the weekend. I need to keep working on the retirement application. We need to make decisions on health insurance that we want to have. I meet with STRS on Sept. 28, so I want the application to be completed by then so I can have them go over it, and they can just take it back to Columbus for me.

I had wanted to get up and go to the Y this morning, but the bed sure felt better. lol I told Bob we need to do that on the days that I'm not going to school.

Tina
09-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Hi all,
Sorry I haven't been around much. I just didn't feel like sending any encouragement out.

What are your plans for the weekend????? We don't have any, except to get out of the house tomorrow. It's just way too quiet and sad in here.
We had some beautiful days this week. It poured this afternoon and is supposed to all weekend. Boo to that!:p
I'm actually drinking all my water this week. It's amazing. :lol:

We have lots of members that are not checking in. I miss everyone!!!!!

Tammy
09-16-2006, 07:23 AM
I miss everyone too!! Glad to hear from you Tina.

We didn't have plans until late yesterday afternoon. I decided we are driving up to a little town in Michigan. bob's b-day is this week, and there is a Cabella's store there. He loves to just go and look. We're taking off this morning, and we'll be back tomorrow afternoon. It's about 3 1/2 hours to get there. I'll try to drink plenty of water while we're up there. Right now I want hot chocolate! I'm freezing! Not sure what the temp is outside, but I shouldn't have left all the windows open. Brrrrrrrr.

I moved my butterfly this morning.

Mom4kids
09-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Today I am at home with a million things to do, I am watching my friend's little girls. :yikes: It was supposed to be couple of hours, but it may be longer. I fed them and now they are running amuk....and where is my dh? lounging in the recliner, watching college football....two teams I have barely heard of....I just want to flick him on the forehead.

I am looking at my house and it looks like a Cat 5 hurricane came through.

Tammy, we love Cabella's. They don't have them here, but we get the catalogues. I know we'd spend hours in there. Sounds like a nice quiet trip, enjoy. Congrats on your butterfly moving.

Tina, I'm sorry your house is quiet and sad. :hug:

Water? Water....wait it's coming back to me...oh yeah, I am supposed to dring that liquid....right. I suck at the water thing. I was doing so good for a while....:(

Tina
09-16-2006, 04:12 PM
I have no idea what a Cabella's is. :dizzy: I guess I'd better look it up on the internet.
Now, now, Dee, water, that clear stuff that doesn't taste like a thing. :lol:
I don't envy you watching the children. Our son is grown and I know I couldn't do it again. (However, I wouldn't mind having grandchildren to spoil.)

Susan, where are you girl???????

Hope everyone is having a good day. We left the house this morning and went about 50 miles from here to an Outlet Mall. I love Mikasa. I bought a few small things. I must go back close to Christmas and get gifts. Then, we ate Mexican food. I'm so stuffed that I shouldn't eat another bite today.

Mom4kids
09-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Tina my dear,

Alas, with grandchildren come the babysitting. :D

I have four of my own kids then had 3 to watch today.....felt like I was in a zoo.;)

I promise that tomorrow I will start with drinking two 16.9 oz bottles of water minimum. (Hey, gotta work my way up...)

Tammy
09-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Dee, I couldn't believe all of the things at Cabella's! Of course, I don't hunt or fish, so I didn't know what most of the stuff was for. All we bought there was some fudge. lol How's that for staying OP?

We went to a Christmas shop in the same little town. Beautiful! I could have spent all my time there, but we arrived 30 minutes before the closed. I bought a Halloween ornament. Have you seen those S'more ornaments (marshmallows, choc., graham cracker)? They had one of those dressed as a ghost for Halloween. I loved it and bought it. bob thinks I'm strange. Also bought some Wind & Willow Bacon and Horseradish dip mix. It is yummy!!

Tina, does Larry hunt or fish? If he does, he'd love Cabellas! Check it out on the internet and see if there is a place close to you. It's worth it just to stop and browse. I want to go to the Outlet Mall!!!! I haven't been to one for a while. Maybe that will be our next trip!! We ate Mexican last night too! Yummy

Tina
09-17-2006, 03:15 PM
A good Sunday to everyone,
It just showered here. I'm lucky not to have to water the yard. The sky is taking care of it.
I cooked the WW recipe, Beef and Noodle Bake. It's excellent and easy. You use hamburger, chopped onions, canned tomatoes, lasagna noodles and 1/2 c. of low fat shredded cheese. It makes 4 big servings, only 5 pts. each.

Tammy, I'd love to see that ornament! However, that bacon & horseradish dip mix sounds gross. :lol:
Susan, where are you?
Sis, how is that new job?
Maureen, are you all moved into your new place?
Amy, how are the kids?
Dee, is your house back to normal after the babysitting! :lol:
Jody, how is the coaching?
Mimi, are you still reading here? We miss you lots.

I didn't drink all my water yesterday and haven't made a good start today. Tomorrow!:D

Mom4kids
09-17-2006, 04:51 PM
House is never normal, but closer now that those other kiddies went home,lol!

DH hasn't been the best support on my weight loss journey, but lately he has been itching to eat healthier. I am thinking of switching to Core and giving him the approved foods list and the rules so that he can eat well when he is at work, what do you all think? I am not losing on Flex, so I thought I would give it a shot. Maybe my ticker will move;)

Tammy, I am so jealous....I bet it was neat, DH would flip out in there. We love to fish...

I promised to drink water...so off I go.:stir:

Tammy
09-17-2006, 09:38 PM
lol Tina, the dip really is good. I took it to my aunt's house for a get-together we had in August. It was gone so fast! What I bought will just be for Bob and me! They have lots of other flavors too, but they aren't the easiest things to find. I probably should have bought more, but I guess I can order more online. Here is the website that was on the card attached to the ornament. www.midwestofcannonfalls.com I don't know if it shows all the ornaments or not. They had a Frankenstein and Dracula too. We gave Tim one with a cap and diploma for graduation. He has some that look like scouts too.

That recipe is one that I know Bob and Tim would like. Maybe I'll have to give it a try sometime. Bob and I didn't exactly watch our intake over the weekend, but we did lots of walking. Hopefully we didn't destroy the good OP week that we had last week.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the Y during the day. At night I have the water aerobics class. Then it's back to school on Tuesday.

Dee, since I'm not going to WW meetings, I don't know the difference between Core and Flex. BUT I think sending a list of foods with hubby is a good idea. Is there a Cabella's anywhere close to you? It really is worth the drive. Have a getaway weekend!

Tammy
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
I just went to that website, and I didn't see any of the S'mores ornaments. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place. I thought it would show them since it's on the card attached to the ornament. Oh well!

Mom4kids
09-17-2006, 09:52 PM
There are no Cabela's in Florida...NONE. I should open one.:D

Tammy
09-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Wow! I can't believe there aren't any! You'll just have to drive to Ohio, pick me up, and we'll go to Michigan to the one that I went to over the weekend.

I found a site that shows the different ornaments. The prices that are shown are crazy! My ghost cost me $6.00 including tax.

www.andys-villagetrees.com
Hope that works. Have to go into another page or two, but it's under smores and Halloween.

Tina
09-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Dee, do try the Core Plan. It might just do the trick for you. I tried it but liked the flex better. I liked counting the points to be sure I didn't eat too much. But, it might help get you losing again.

Tammy, I looked up those ornaments. They're cute!

Hope everyone has a great Monday.

Mom4kids
09-17-2006, 10:31 PM
LOL, That would be like a 7 day trip...........one way.

Are you near Wright Patterson AFB? I am going there in January.

auntie
09-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the absence. I wondered why I wasn't getting notified... plus I've been super busy.

I joined a gym and hired a personal trainer. They have run several tests on me so I will know exactly what and where I need to exercise at. I've been eating too few calories so my body thinks it's starving. So they suggested that I increase my caloric intake and exerise. My trainer is great and I meet with him twice a week. I just had my second session with him. So we will see if this helps. I decided I can't do it myself or my way so I'm getting help.

I also decided to stop paying for E tools. I haven't been using it and figured I would save the money. I think what I'll do is go back on WW after I meet with the dietician at the gym.

School is going good. It was a pretty active day today. Got kicked in the shin today. It's the first of the year and we've just finished our first 6 weeks.

I promise I'll write more later. I have to go back and read everyones posts.

Mom4kids
09-19-2006, 09:06 PM
I started core yesterday, not sure if I have the hang of it yet. I liked flex too, but thought maybe a change would help. We'll see.

I looked at the Smore's ornaments too. Cute, that was the first time I had heard of them.

DH started core with me on Monday. He came into my office with a snickers bar and asked what was for lunch.:mad: Then we go to eat lunch and he says 'can I have chili?'. :yikes: I told him it didn't matter, he already ate a snickers bar. :frypan: Today for lunch he had Burritos with the works. :kickbutt:

I did fine, still need to drink that water.

Tina
09-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Evening,
Dee, that's funny about your husband. Somehow I don't think he really wants to lose weight. :lol: Good luck with Core. You can do it, I'm sure you can!!!!!

Susan, it's good to hear from you. Having a trainer is a great thing.
Tammy, how was school today?
Maureen, you've been too quiet.
Sis, how's work?

It was such a beautiful day. We woke up to 68 degrees! I could handle that every day. I didn't get in all my water today. I'll try harder tomorrow. I would love to lose another pound come Thursday.

auntie
09-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi,
Just got back from the gym. I'm actually having fun working out.

Dee, I agree with Tina, hubbie doesn't sound really serious about being OP.

Tina, I love te cooler weather too. We actually got some rain too! YEA!! It is great having a personal trainer, I think it will reallly help me get on the right track.

Tammy, how are you feeling? How is school?

Friday is our conference day. So far..... no one wants one. Yea for me, but I still have to go to school.

Tammy
09-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Dee!!!!!!!!!! I live very close to Wright Patt! It's less than an hour from me. Is there any way that we could meet while you are there? I am cracking up about your hubby. I think he and I are related. lol

Susan, tell that trainer to come and tell me to up my calorie intake! No one has ever told me that. Wahhh!!! Getting kicked is not a good thing.

School was pretty good. Had a meeting before school about one of the 5th grade girls. I had her in 2nd grade for math, science, and social studies and she had a tough time even then. She is really struggling with reading. Her mom pulled her out of school last year and home-schooled her. Mistake. The poor kid is just that much further behind now. I'm going to start working with her one-on-one the 3 days that I'm there every week. We're going way back for the reading and spelling and try to build some confidence and go from there. She knows me, is comfortable with me, and I think it will be a good thing for her. I also want to work with her on some math skills too because I'm sure she's behind there too. Home schooling can be a good thing in the right circumstances, and this definitely wasn't the right thing for her.

We have an offer on the house! They have to sell their house first though. another couple is looking at it tomorrow. We told the first people that if someone else comes up with the $$ first, we will sell to the people with the $$. They agreed to that. Keep your fingers crossed!!

auntie
09-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Tammy,
YIPEE!!!!!! So did you do St. Joseph like I told you? I agree.... first one with the money "sold".

I've never had anyone tell me more calories either "I asked if the extra calories could be candy" and I was told NO! I think I should!!!!

Tina
09-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Tammy--great news about the house!!!!! I hope this couple tomorrow brings money with them. :D

Tammy
09-20-2006, 06:40 AM
Susan, ask the trainer about brownies and ice cream. I'm sure those would be ok. lol I will probably only have to have a conference with the parents of the girl I started working with yesterday. Our conferences aren't until beginning of November though.

I did "plant" St. Joseph in the front of the house sometime in August. Another friend did it at the same time. We're both still hoping he works for us. At least we've had a legitimate offer. They had an offer that was a slap in the face kind almost. Their house is beautiful! They are asking a little over $300,000. It is worth it. They received an offer for $199,000. I couldn't believe the people would even have the nerve to offer that. The real estate agent didn't even want to tell the owners because she knew it would upset them. They didn't accept the offer. I haven't talked to them recently, so I'm not sure what's happening.

Wouldn't it be great if the couple today brought cold, hard cash with them?? I would like that!!!

I need to go get ready for school.

Tammy
09-20-2006, 08:58 PM
News about today's couple. They had been through the house this summer, and they came back to see if it was as nice as they remembered! The husband called and talked to Bob tonight about utilities, etc. They are meeting Bob at the house tomorrow afternoon when he goes to mow the yard. They are very interested!! I can't believe it! We have no one for ages, and now there are 2 couples interested at the same time. Oh my!!

Good luck on weigh in tomorrow everyone!!! Would you believe I forgot to go to the Y for aerobics tonight? I remembered at 7, and the class starts at 6:30. duh.

Mom4kids
09-20-2006, 10:06 PM
I am going to Wright Patt in January for three weeks. I would love to hook up with you. We'll talk more as the time gets closer. That would be super cool!

Tina
09-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Hi,
Tammy, that's great about the people. Wow, two groups looking at the house!

Dee, I love the butterfly on your tracker.

Tina
09-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Happy Thursday to all the group, :D :) :D
Hope everyone is doing good OP today.

Ya know, maybe we should have a "Complaint Day" once in awhile.
I'm having trouble with my left knee. I've gone down hard on it several times recently. It's giving me fits right now. It feels swollen and doesn't move very well. Yesterday, my leg hurt up where it joins the body--I'm sure I've been favoring the knee and that did it. I've started taking Advil and that's helping today.
Now today, I have a crick in my neck. Calgon, take me away...... :lol:
Anyone else want to complain today?????

USAlady
09-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi peoples
I weighed in this morning lost 2lbs this week . Drinking water only all day long. Except for my ocasional Starbucks 3pt Caffe Americano Frap.

USAlady
09-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Now how do i get that slider thingy to move?

Tammy
09-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Dee, if you're here for 3 weeks, I'm sure we'll have time to meet!!

Tina, the hubby of couple #2 and his FIL met with Bob at the house this afternoon. They were measuring and talking about things they wanted to do (put in another bath, move the laundry to the main floor instead of the basement, insulate the garage and put in a drop ceiling, and other things). Bob said you could tell that they had been doing lots of talking. They haven't made an offer yet, so we'll have to wait and see. If they do make an offer, couple #1 has 3 (?) days to come up with the $ if they still want it. #1 has to sell a house, and #2 doesn't have to sell. Tomorrow is Bob's b-day, so getting another offer would be a nice present for him. Getting a check would be an even better present, but that will be later.

And about complaint day, I can do that! I didn't go to school today. I'm awful. I'm only supposed to go 3 days, and I only made it 2 this week. I hurt so bad I couldn't even raise my arms to wash my hair. Took medicine and spent lots of time in the recliner or in bed.

USAlady, I know how to do the slider thing when I'm doing it, but you'll have to get someone else to explain how to do it. I have asked for help many many times!! Good for you on getting it moving!!!

Where are you in Indiana? I live in southwestern Ohio.

Mom4kids
09-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Tammy, what are you hurting from?
I hope they give you and offer today, Happy Bday to Bob!

USA LADY,
go into usercontrols to edit your signature. Scroll down to where your ticker is and type in the new weight where the old weight is and it will change. This must be done manually everytime you want to change it. Is that clear as mud?

Complaint day......I got diagnosed with sebhorreic dermatitis and I am to put special shampoo on my scalp, and cream on my face and ears.....I have so much thick long hair that I am going to cut alot of it off today, so I can better care for the condition.....I love my long hair.:mad:

Tina
09-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Tammy, tell Bob we are all singing Happy Birthday to him today. :D :D :D
Sorry you had a rough day. Did you overdo or was it just the weather?

Dee, I'm sorry about you cutting your hair. I hope the condition gets better fast!

Susan, how is exercise? I wish you'd send that trainer down here.
Amy, where are you?????
Maureen, are you out roller blading?
Where is everyone???????????????????????????????????????

Mom4kids
09-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Well, I hacked off my hair. It is kind of in a bob, not touching my shoulders. Boy, it curled up so much when she cut all that hair off and put layers in.

DH bought another computer, we now have three. So I think it's time I bought a treadmill or eliptical. What do you think?

OF course I love the personal trainer idea, that must be wonderfil.

How was Bob's b-day?

Tammy
09-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Dee, I have fibromyalgia and arthritis in my lower spine. Some days I feel great, and then there are those other days!!! The rain is really bothering me today, so we aren't going to the football game tonight. That would be just asking for trouble. Tim said he understood. He doesn't want to go either, but I think the band might need him. lol

I wish you didn't have to cut your hair!! since you cut your hair, I think you should buy a treadmill.

Bob's b-day was pretty quiet since it was just the 2 of us. I fixed his favorite meal -spaghetti. Tim was jealous. He wants that when he comes home the end of October. Bob isn't a cake eater, but he loves Mrs. Wicks sugar cream pies. I bought one of those. I don't know if you guys have those where you live or not. We pass the factory when we go to Muncie to see Tim.

We're going to Muncie tomorrow because the band is having a concert. Afterwards, we'll get together with Tim. We'll probably go out to eat, and he can give Bob his gift. He got him gift certificates to IHOP. That's where Bob always likes to eat when we're over there.

I'm going to talk to the 5th grade teachers this week and decide how to change my schedule. I just can't do 3 days in a row. I was aiming for T-W-Th since we miss M and F sometimes during the year, but I'm going to have to adjust it. I hate to cut back to just 2 days, so maybe I can go 2, stay home 1, and go another one. I have to think of my health.

Tina
09-23-2006, 04:50 PM
That's a wise decision about your health, Tammy. And, I'm sure Tim will miss you today. Of course, it helps that you'll be there tomorrow. Bob will love what Tim gives him. :)
I know nothing about those sugar cream pies. Do they have flavors like lemon, peach, etc.?
We're not having any rain yet. It might tonight when a front comes through. It's supposed to lower temps into the 60's at night---very nice.
Our yard is getting really dry again.

I've drunk too many Diet Cokes today. I love that Perrier sparkling water---too expensive though. For the past week, I've drunk all my water. Guess my body is going on strike today.:D

Where is everyone????? Maybe if I ask that enough, someone will post.

Tammy
09-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Tina, I started the school year without Bob's blessing, and he is seeing how much I'm hurting. I told him that I'm thinking about changing the schedule, and he was thrilled! He did tell me that he is proud of me for even attempting it this year, since he knows I'm not always feeling the best.

Mrs. Wicks does have different flavors of pies, but right now I can only think of the sugar creme and pecan. Bob has taken them to Florida when he has gone down to his brother's house in Tampa. They like them too.

It has been raining most of the day, and it rained last night.

I had a Diet Pepsi earlier this afternoon. Quite tasty. I've also had water and Crystal Light lemonade. We have some wine in the refrigerator, and I'm seriously thinking about having a glass tonight. Maybe that would help with the aches and pains. Or maybe I wouldn't think of them if I had a glass!! lol

It's 6:00 and I have no idea what we are eating for supper. Bob isn't home right now. Maybe we'll have cereal. That's what I had for lunch. Kashi. yum.

Sis
09-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Hi everyone. Finally checking in. I haven't been online in a few days.
Yesterday I FINALLY had a really good OP day. I managed to stay between 20 and 24 pts. :) Plus I actually drank some of my water for a change.

Tina, my job is going pretty well. I am still having a hard time having to work every other week end but I will get use to it. Yesterday I was on the one part of my job that "KICKS MY BUTT!" It requires a LOT of lifting and stepping up 2 little stairs. By the end of the day I'm dieing and the next day I'm so sore. But that part only comes every other week or so. And I guess I can use the exercise. :D

I will be off a couple of weeks now cuz I have to have sinus surgery in my upper (forehead area) right sinus to drain it. The doc said that it is so full that it is starting to extend my sinus cavity. YUC! :( But I have to say if I don't feel to awful a couple weeks off will be appreciated. Maybe when I get a headache they won't be as bad after that.

We're getting a new puppy! :D I can't wait. A new little chocolate labby. We're going to call her Molly.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a great week. Take care.... Sis :D

Mom4kids
09-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Sinus surgery, my goodness, I hope it goes well. My good friend just had his done, but I don't think it was in his forehead. Best of luck to you.

Chocolate labs are beautiful! That will be sweet.

Tammy, sorry about the Fibro. I know two women with fibro, one doesn't work and gets disability, and the other works with me full time. She is such a trooper. Sounds like you are too!! I also applaud you for trying to carry on a job. Only you know your limitations, You go girl!!!

Are those zero point pies?:D

My hair will grown out some by the time I get to Wright-Patt.;)

I AM GETTING SOME SORT OF FITNESS EQUIPMENT!! You'll see.

Tina
09-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Sis, I'm really sorry you have to go through surgery. Yuck! However, it will take care of the sinus mess. I wouldn't plan on feeling too good that first week. However, you can party the second week. :carrot:
Your new job sounds like lots of exercise.
How many dogs will you have now? Molly is such a cute name.

Tammy, I think you should have us all up to your house for pie. ;)

Susan, are you okay?

Tammy
09-24-2006, 08:20 PM
http://www.wickspies.com/

I think all of you should order a pie from Mrs. Wicks!! They really are delicious!!

sis, good for you on drinking the water and having a good OP day!! susan just had surgery not long ago, maybe you two can compare notes. Choc. labs are so cute!!

Dee, I worked almost every day at school last year, and I shouldn't have. I kept a heating pad and ice packs in my room. With the intervention postion this year, I don't feel so bad when I don't go. That probably sounds terrible, but at least I don't have to worry about getting things ready for a sub. I'm sure the pies are zero points!!! HA!

And just why are you coming to Wright Patt? Air Force?

Tina, anytime you all want to come up for pie, it's fine with me!! tim isn't here so someone can have his bed when you're here.

Tina
09-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the web site. i'd love a pie right now.
I'm having a difficult weekend, missing my Smokey lots. I ate way too much yesterday and today. I feel so bloated. I had lost but I think it found me this weekend.
Tomorrow it's back OP with all the water (didn't drink enought this weekend) and fruits & veggies.
How is everyone doing today?
Susan, are you out there ????
Maureen, where are you, girl?

Tammy
09-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Tina, I'd like to be there to give you a hug about Smokey. I would be eating too.

I just got back from the chiropractor. He asked if I had been moving heavy boxes and/or furniture. My back was pretty messed up all the way up and down. Usually it's just the lower back. He went through my chart and my upper back has never been like this. He was glad to find out that I'm only working a few days a week. I hadn't been to him since June, and he was wondering what I had decided to do. He promised me that I'd be sore for a day or so, and then I'll feel better. I sure hope he is right.

Tina
09-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Hi all,
Tammy, I hope that dr. fixed your back up. I've never been to a chiropractor. I've never needed one. My friend swears by them.

It's a beautiful day and tonight will get down into the 50's. That will be a treat!
I've done really good OP today. How is everyone else doing?????

auntie
09-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi,
I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. Well almost but I'm hanging on. :)
Actually, I haven't been getting the notifications.

Tammy, I'll say an extra prayer that the house sells FAST! I'm sorry you've been hurting lately.

Tina, how are you Honey? Thanks for the email!!

I've been working out hard. I went through some testing at the gym and they told me how many calories I need to burn up and how long, etc..... I'm working out with the trainer twice a week. He makes me tired and wobbly when I'm done. I laugh going down the stairs because my legs are wobbly. I see him tomorrow. I didn't want to go today but I did!!!

I cancelled E Tools but now I'm thinking I shouldn't have done it. I think I'm going back on WW seriously.

Tina
09-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi all,
Susan, it is good to hear from you. We were getting concerned. Even if you don't get a notice of a post-----come on in here anyway!!!!!! Okay!!!!??!!!

Boy, I gained 3 pounds over the weekend. I really splurged, didn't I! However, I'm going to get rid of those this week---maybe even take off another pound. :D :D :D :D See, I'm being positive.

Mom4kids
09-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Tammy, I pm'd you re: the Wright Patt thing.

I'm not liking Core, not totally sure yet. I am not getting the hang of it yet. I probably need some recipe ideas. Anyone doing/done Core?

Tina
09-26-2006, 05:05 PM
there is a WW Core Board forum. It has recipes.

auntie
09-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Can ya'll believe that it is almost October??? It will be here in a flash!

We have break next week. I was planning on going home but have doctor appointments. Boo!!!

I worked out with my trainer today. I decided that I don't like him :) He made me work HARD!!!! Actually he is a sweetie.

Tina, are you enjoying the cooler weather? I am! 3 pounds, I can gain in about an hour! I wish I lost as fast as I gained.

Tammy, what's new with you Sweetie?

Mom, I did CORE for a little while and I liked it but it was very limiting.

I'll have to go check out the receipe board.

Do ya'll know anything about the monthly pass that is going on at WW?

Tammy
09-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Susan, it is so good to hear from you!! I'm sorry, but I actually laughed when I read about the wobbly legs. One of those Sat. classes that I took last year made me like that. Won't try that again!! and like Tina said, come anyway if you don't get a notice!! You have a break?!?!?!!!!! I guess I can't complain since I'm breaking quite a bit this year.

Tina, I like your positive thinking!! Get rid of the poundage!!

School was interesting today. The kids were great because they knew that I was hurting. I guess I must have been walking funny to keep from hurting. I go tomorrow, then I meet with STRS on Thursday. We have teacher's meetings on Friday. I'm taking a magazine. They feed us lunch, and I can save a sick day.

auntie
09-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Tammy,
My district has a fall break. It's always when the State Fair is going on. This will be the last year that we have it because the state is changing our start of school. We started the first week in August and next year it will be much later. Believe me, the teachers are very happy when it comes.

I don't blame you for taking a magazine either!

Sis
09-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi all. Just a quick hello. Hope everyone is doing well.
I had my sinus surgery yesterday. All went well. Turns out there was also an absess in the sinus. I'm not feeling to bad today overall. Except a bit sore.

Our new labby is doing great. She's a very quiet puppy so far. Very smart. Already knows she has to stay in the kitchen area and knows her name.

Tina , (((hugs))) I know how hard it is to lose a cherished pet. Take care of yourself.

Tammy, sorry about your back and I hope your house sells fast too.

Susan, thats great you are working out with a trainer. Good luck.

Take care all. I will try to check in tomorrow. Bye for now.....Sis :D

Tina
09-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Morning,

Sis, I'm so glad the surgery is over/done with. Boy, it's a good thing they did it now since you had that abcess. Yuk! It's great that you are feeling good. Of course, you'll be sore.
I'd love to see a photo of Molly. Puppies are so cute!!!!!

Tammy
09-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Susan, I know there are a few schools near here who have fall breaks. I always brought it up when I was on the school's calendar committee, but the administration didn't like the idea.

Sis, glad that the surgery is out of the way! Now you can heal and feel much better. sounds like you have a great puppy!

Tina, I agree about puppies being cute. I saw a little guy at the Pooch Parlor the other day. Then I saw a HUGE dog. The owners of the PP have Newfoundlands. They are humongous!!!! Kramer looks hilarious standing next to one of them. They usually put nose to nose and sniff. What a hoot!!

My application is about complete. I need to ask Bob a couple questions about taxes (like do we have to pay them?? HA!!!!), but he isn't home.

Tim called tonight and asked us if it was ok with us if he came home next weekend (Oct. 7). I couldn't believe he asked!!! I said YES!!!!!!!!!!!! He was home for one night in August for that meningitis shot, but other than that he hasn't been here since we took him to school on August 11. Bob even told him to bring home all of his dirty laundry, and we'd help him out (helping do it and saving some $$).

Hope everyone has a great weigh in!! I'm hungry for popcorn, so I might wait until Friday to get weighed since it's this late at night.

Tina
09-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Kids are funny! I thoroughly know what you're saying, Tammy, about Tim asking if he can come home. David still waits for me to ask him to come for supper. I tell him that this is still his home and he can come whenever he wants. :lol:

Tammy
09-28-2006, 04:57 PM
LOL Tim and David must be alike!! Too funny.

Tim's girlfriend's b-day was yesterday. Her mom and little brothers had driven to the college to spend some time with her. About 30 minutes after they left, Tim, Jess, and some other friends were hanging out in her room. Jess was up on the bed hanging a new poster. She stepped off the bed and got her foot caught on the leg of her desk chair (they rock also). Tim said there was blood everywhere. She ended up at the emergency room. Tim called her mom, and she turned around and came back. Ended up staying the night. Tim took care of the brothers. Anyway, she has stitches and isn't allowed to go to classes until next Monday. Supposed to keep it elevated and not doing anything stupid. lol They're trying to figure out how to get her to the football stadium for the game Sat. We might pick her up and take her there. She won't be marching.

Met with STRS today. The man was impressed that we knew what we wanted. I've done my homework!! He was also impressed with my printing. He said I had to be a primary teacher, because no one prints that nice except 1st and 2nd grade teachers. lol We met with them in Dayton, and the crew of 4 is headed back to Columbus tonight. The man said he would personally deliver my application to the correct place in the morning! I can't believe it's really going to be official!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

My first retirment check will arrive the beginning of March. I'll still be at school until Feb. 27, so I'll still have 2 checks coming from there. I'll be rich!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's raining again. Hope it's nice for the weekend.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Food and water have been great today. My weight was still the same this morning, probably since I pigged out on popcorn at 9:30 last night.

auntie
09-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi,

Tammy, so where will you take us when you are rich??? I can't believe that you filled out all of the paper work!! Yippee!!!!! Hope Jess is doing ok.

Tina, how are you doing?

It's funny because when I go home, I act just like a kid. I ask permission for stuff and to go places. It's funny....

We are watching ER and it's hitting a little too close to home. Abby has her baby 2 1/2 months early and they are going through all of the ordeal. Next week it will be 2 years since my Angel Baby went to Heaven.

Nothing much happening here. I decided not to go exercise today just to get some stuff done here at home.

hope everyone has a good evening.

GoddessInclined
09-29-2006, 01:51 PM
ARRRRGHGHHGHGHGH!!!!!!!

Great big long post sucked into the ether!!!! ::shakes fist impotently at computer::

Football is going well...Camen has his first game tomorrow and I'm very excited. His dad will miss it because it's more important to shut down the up-north cabin for the winter than watch his son play football. Arse.

Is it still complaint day? No? Too bad. :( I thought, though, that it was a good idea. I should get here more often like I SAID I would.

Tammy--glad you're seeing a chiropractor--I was going to suggest it if you weren't. For anyone else achy and painy, it's a great idea. Our chiropractor is pretty much our primary care doctor--we see him first if we're sick before we go to the MD.

Susan--even though I was MIA over the summer, I thought of you & your Seamus on July 10th, and lit an extra candle on my son's birthday cake for him (they share a birthday). Funny how things stick with you..... On the up side, I think it's great that you have a personal trainer. I'd LOVE to have a man to make my legs wobbly--not that he has to be a PT, mind you. ::wicked grin::

Water intake is good today, but not so good this past week. The cold virus has visited my house and refuses to leave and is eating ALL my energy. The last thing I want to do is drink. Eat, too. And what I want to eat is NO GOOD. (oreos)

I was fortunate to maintain my weight loss for the past two weeks, because I couldn't maintain my journal or portion control or fruits/veggies intake. Or should I say "wouldn't." First it was TOM, then I got sick, so that balanced out well, but now it's back to being on plan. So far today, so good. I got a half-RolyPoly and it was scrumptious with enough protein & fat to get me through to snack time. And a smoothie for breakfast, one granola bar for morning snack. My only downfall so far--diet Coke. I'm trying to kick the habit, but I'm half-hearted about it. Stupid soda.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Tina
09-29-2006, 02:02 PM
I love it when you say Stupid Soda. i'm with you about that.
Used to, I'd drink one a couple times a week. Then, it was one a day. Now, it's at least 2 a day. I'm trying really hard to get back down to one a day. Wish me luck.:D

It's beautiful here. It's a fall day and we don't have many of those here.

Maureen and Mimi, we miss your postings. Come on back here!

auntie
09-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey there,

Can you believe it's gonna be October in another day? Well, I'm officially on Fall Break. YEA!

Tammy, how are you feeling? I agree with Jody about chiropractors being great. I've gone for headaches before.

Tina, how are you doing my friend? I had cut out Diet Dr. Pepper and now I'm back to drinking way too many of those stupid things too!!! Maybe we should do a group detox of diet drinks :)

Jody, Any day can be complaint day!!!! It's so good to hear from you. Thank you so much for remembering Seamus on his birthday. I agree it is funny how some things stick with you and the bonds you make. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

Now as for my personal trainer, I have to say, "He is adorable". I was doing some squats and they were killing me. He kept saying "you can do it, just think where you are going to be in another month." Oh by the way, have I told you he has beautiful blue eyes!

I'm not sure where my little sister is at...... Amy is always up to something and stays busy.

Mom4kids
10-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Well, it's officially October. I love October, not just because of my birthday...

I am still waiting to see puppy pictures of Molly. Waiting.......

Complaint day is any day you need to complain. Today is as good as any other day.

I am going to a gym this week. Don't know what I will do there, but it will be way more than I am doing now, which is nothing.

Had my son's 4th birthday yesterday, drank pina colada's, had chips and dip, ate cheeseburger(loaded) and Pina Colada cake. That's what? about another 3 pound gain? Yep, I ate like crap. Tomorrow is another day.

auntie
10-01-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm starting an October thread.... so go there to post.