WW Clubs and Groups - 21 Bride-to-be re-starting WW.....

Lissaluv789
09-10-2001, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone,
Would love to join in somewhere. I am 21-years-old with July 2002 wedding I am of course the Bride. I just re-joine WW this morning weighed in at 248.2 with first 10% of 224. I'm gonna get all the way to goal this time, I have made the time to give to myself to better my health by attending WW and losing this extra weight.
Id like to get to a goal of 147 by July but doesnt look to good unless we move back the wedding. We want to get a house so I will just lose as much as I can before wedding and continue after to goal weight. I like my date at July 1st 2002 so I don't really want to change it I will just work extra hard. I have the tools(WW) and a treadmill for exercise as well as several video tapes and a fitball w/ upper body work out. I just need to set up a routine so i dont lose focus and then can keep up with it until the big day. I am more looking to be healthy than a weight number, size(8-10 is goal) and health are most important to me than scale numbers.

248.2(start)/248.2(now)/224(10%)/147(goal)

Jen-L
09-10-2001, 02:54 PM
WELCOME.... come join us on the daily threads. And congrats on the wedding. I will be married 3 years in Nov. with my little girl turning 1 in October.

Oh and how do you like the fitball?? I have thought about getting one!

Belle2000
09-10-2001, 02:57 PM
Welcome!! First let me say that everyone is always welcome to join our daily threads and you will find all the support you need.

Congrats on your wedding and re-starting WW!

Most of us have joined at one point or another more than once. So don't feel bad at all. My start weight was 252 I was a size 24 adn I am now a size 16 (soemtimes still 18) and 209. I can relate with you.

Anyway, check out our pics for some inspiring before and after shots. And come join the daily.

Belle

Lissaluv789
09-10-2001, 03:22 PM
Jen,
The Fitball is great. I went through personal training for chiropractor from car accident they had us use the similar fitballs. They work the abs great and mostly i use for balance and lifting weights as well. Nice chair for arm work and keeps you in good posture. If you can afford to give it a try I think its worth the money I can manage alot more ab crunches (75+)on it and I don't think im cheating either bc I can feel it in the abs the next day. Normal crunches i have problems getting 30 to where I can feel them worked. We went to PT for 12 weeks and I had tightening in my abs I should have kept it up 2-3 times a week probably would have helped alot. Now im ready to start over and work my way down to goal.
thanks for the reply I will try and make most daily threads. Im a busy gal with 40 hour work weeks and classes Mon-Thurs nights. Leaves me with little time but I wanna start getting up at 6:30 with DF(dear fiance) and get in my treadmill work. I'd like to eventually work up to running/jogging.

Take care
;)

Jen-L
09-10-2001, 04:08 PM
They have similar balls for when you are in labor to relieve the contraction pain. It was fun to bounce on them. I never got to actually use the ball during labor tho. I had the ball and was ready, then blammmooo... it was time! Booo Hoo. I saw the balls with an instructional tape in a catalog I have and thought they looked good for stretching and abs. Thanks for the reply!

MaryMe
09-10-2001, 04:46 PM
Congrats on ur Plan !!!! Good for u... I know the feeling.... I was a size 20, a year and a half before my wedding ( 5 years ago). And like u, I wanted to look good in that wedding dress. I tried to eat right, and exercise, and with all the planning, it was possible not to concentrate on food. I also developed a new plan for motivation and staying focused. I went to one of these Bridal Stores, and picked out an amazing dress (size 8), and cost around $3000.00. Of course the sales lady was thrilled to see that I am actually considering getting such an expensive dress. I told her I would buy it only if I could fit in it (Size 8). Of course, she gave me a (yeah right !!! look). But I told her that this dress was my motivation and she has agreed to let me come in the store and look @ it when ever I felt like giving up. I also had my friends throw my bridal shower way towards the end becaus eI did not want to get these huge pieces of lingere. Shopping also helps a lot.....U get to pick and plan, but wait on buying until u reach the desired size.