Support Groups - Over 50 & Getting Lighter Sept/Oct

Cheryl120
09-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Morning Ladies...Never made it here yesterday, it was my morning at the dentist and I always come home with my mouth hurting after a cleaning and my hands after having a death grip on the chair! LOL Good news, no cavities.:D
This morning I need to take Jim in for his therapy session. Not much change, he still leans to one side and has a hard time getting up. I hope after thearpy today, dose a little bit better.

I was down a pound yesterday. Following the core seems to work better for me and I've been satisfied. Woke up hungry this morning, which is a first for a very long time.

Luflic...Ah....the life of being a grandmother is so wonderful. I miss so much not being able to be near mine and be able to cuddle and spoil them

Donna...You have 2" on me, I'm 5", but I think I would be very happy even reaching 150, but know I would really like to see 120. I just can't imagin myself at that weight.
So far I like following the Core Plan, no counting calories, but I do have to count points if I have something that isn't a core food. Yesterday, I had a can of Chicken Noodle soup for lunch, so It was 4 points that I deducted from the 35 points I can use for the week. Made myself a nice Chicken stirfry with broccoli, mushrooms, pineapple, red onion and whole wheat pasta. Very yummy and I didn't even have a snack lastnight.:carrot: :carrot: I thought about quitting WW, but I need the support I get from my friends and it gets me out of the house.

Well, I need to get hubby up and moven for the day. Have a good day.

Cheryl:hug:

Donna72664
09-01-2006, 10:54 AM
CHERYL: Thanks for starting a new thread for us.

Glad to hear that you are down 1 pound, way to go. Hope your hubby feels better after he gets therapy today.

Not much to talk about today,guess I rattled on too much yesterday.

Todays tidbit: "Don't think 'DIET' think 'FOOD PLAN',
"Don't think 'FOOD I CAN'T EAT',think,'ALL THE GOOD FOOD
I CAN HAVE'

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, TALK TO YOU ON TUESDAY :coffee: DONNA

Cheryl120
09-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Evening Ladies...Just got home from a very busy day. Hubby had therapy today, but still is not doing good. He has to go back next week for three more sessions and probably no work for another week. Sure glad he has a lot of sick leave saved up.:) Couldn't resist stepping on the scales this morning and I was down 2 lbs, only one more pound to go!!!

Welcome Codered!!! Look forward to getting to know you.

Donna...Love your quotes. Hope you have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl120
09-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Hi Ladies...Just a quick pop-in to see how you all are. You all must be having a great weekend since it is pretty quite here. Not much going on for me as well, just staying home and taking care of hubby and sewing. It has rained the last couple of days, so the mowing hasn't been done. Hope to get at it tomorrow.
Till later.:hug:

Cheryl

Cheryl120
09-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi Ladies...Come out, come out where ever you are....Gosh! Nothing like talking to myself. I know you all must be busy enjoying the last long weekend of the summer. Hope to see you tomorrow.:hug:

Cheryl

girlieyorkie
09-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Where is everybody Cheryl?:( I hope everyone will start posting again. I also need to see the dentist for my regular check up and cleaning~ just keep postponing- need a relaxant/sedative everytime I see a dentist.
Hope your DH feels better.
I still need to lose 2 lbs. before I'm finally back on track, and weigh in is tomorrow, so I hope the scale is good to me tomorrow.
My laptop which is only 15 mos. old is at the repair shop,:mad: it is still on warranty since there is 2 years warranty on every goods bought within EU, plus I have purchased an additional 2 years warranty so I don't know if they will repair it or if I get a replacement. I have an older laptop but I can't get the wireless pcmcia LAN card to work either so I'm using our stationary computer which is in one of our upstairs room (office/library room) and my dog (baby) and I hate this room so I can't be online for a long time-that's why I haven't been posting, but I see that you needed company.
Have a great day.

Donna72664
09-05-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm here:carrot: Everyone must be worn out from their long weekend. I will be all messed up for the rest of the week. Glad to see you gals kept things going.

CHERYL: Good for you!!! another 2 lb. loss. Sure hope your DH gets to feeling better soon.They usually don't make very good patients.;)

GIRLIEYORKIE: Glad you stopped in to keep Cheryl company, she sounded pretty lonely. I did peek in on you but really didn't have time to post.

Had a wonderful weekend. Spent it with my youngest daughter and my grandson. He just started kindergarten and lots of things to tell us about.
Of course we had to look at all of his papers and that was great fun.
While we were there my daughter and her boyfriend made it official that they are engaged. She got quite a rock!! Thought it nice that he did it while we were there. No date for a wedding set, they aren't in any real hurry. He is a farmer/rancher so don't really know when they will find the time. On Sunday we all went to Fort Collins, about a 2 hour drive from their house,and went furniture shopping. That was really a lot of fun, had never been in one of those big warehouse furniture places before. Never saw so many different styles and colors. Guess I lead a pretty sheltered life.
I'd better get some work done here today before we see patients again tomorrow.
Hope everyone else hurry's back soon. Want to hear about their weekends too. I did really well on what I ate and got lots of walking in.

"SET GOALS FOR ONLY 1 WEEK AT A TIME, THEY ARE EASIER TO KEEP"

DONNA

luflic
09-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Hey ladies, WW I stayed the same on Friday which sends me into spiral Errrr why am I so dumb. Back on track today. For some reason I am not getting notified of this thread and hard for me to find. Hopefully it will notify me. When someone posts.

You talking about dentists makes me realize it is time for me to call dr. for pap test not excited.

Hope hubby is feeling better today.

Enjoy the sunshine while it is here!

Cheryl120
09-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Evening Ladies...Boy did I miss you guys over the long weekend. Nothing like talking to myself, which I do at times. LOL

Elyn...So happy you poped in to keep me company.:D I would rather see a doctor any day than the dentist. Hope you get your computer fixed real soon. I love using the laptop, but hate to have to use the dinosaur!!

Donna...Congrats to your daughter on getting engaged. Now you have a wedding to look forward to.

Luflic...Sending the fairy fat mother your way.:wizard: Hope she kicks starts:kickbutt: you in the downward direction.

My hubby is doing much better today, and it looks like he will go back to work on Friday. I'm down another pound to what my ticker says. Doing the happy dance. Off to weight watchers tomorrow, will let you know how I did on their scales. See you all tomorrow.

Cheryl

Donna72664
09-06-2006, 01:13 PM
:nose: Guess I told a little white lie when I said I did good this weekend
because when I got on that darn scale this morning it said I had gained a
pound. Know that isn't much and I can get it off,but darn I thought I was doing pretty good. Now I know it is really going to take some hard work on the exercise end of this thing.

CHERYL: Glad you agree with your ticker now. Know how good it feels when you can say that. Glad to hear your DH will be able to go back to work by the end of the week. Yes now the pressure is on, I have a wedding too.

Luflic: Don't be so hard on your self. Maintaining is a good thing, sure better than a gain. Cheryl is sending help by way of the FFM, it will be better next time.:hug:

I got a mile on the treadmill this morning before work, it is going to be lovely this evening so will go for a walk before I fix supper. I have to get this thing going in a downward direction pretty soon here.

"JUST DO IT!!!!.MAKE UP YOUR MIND TO EXERCISE TODAY AND JUST DO IT, EVERYTHING ELSE WILL WAIT TILL YOU'RE DONE"

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/4402edabmf588c2fb/bc/Mail+Attachments/ATT363966.gif?bfNZv_EBPfnKZ3vU DONNA

Cheryl120
09-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Hello Ladies...I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself.:D ...I'm down another pound by my scales, so changed my ticker. Went to weight watchers this afternoon...drum roll, please....I loss 4.7 lbs!!!!...Doing the happy dance:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dancer: :dancer:

Donna...You will have that pound gone in no time. Evening walk sounds nice, think I will do the same.:D Haven't been home all day, so I need to get a few things done before the girls get home.

Check back later.

Cheryl

Donna72664
09-07-2006, 03:36 PM
:woo: CHERYL: OMG

GREAT JOB !!! you are making me really hustle.
4.7 lbs. That is just WONDERFUL:cheer:

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/4402edabmf588c2fb/bc/Mail+Attachments/ATT363966---1.gif?bfRjGAFBsDKMonrfDONNA

Cheryl120
09-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Morning Girls...Never made it here yesterday, I had a terrible headache brought on by the farmers burning their fields. Still doing good following the core plan, not hungry which is a good thing.

Donna...Thanks for the congrats...I was so shocked when my leader said 4.7 for a loss. Let me tell you, I did a happy dance there.:carrot: :carrot: Fall is in the air this morning. Got up and closed the windows. We were 42 and tomorrow morning we are suppose to be 34 for a low. Good sleeping weather for me!:D

Well gals, I need to get hubby up and fed and get him off for therapy and then work. Hope you all have a great day.

Cheryl

Donna72664
09-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Just jumping in for a quick "HELLO". Busy day at work so not much time.

I have stuck to my Change One Plan this week and have gotten a lot of

walking in, so let's hope I keep it up over the weekend. Told DH he really

has to help me out this time.

"GET A NEW ATTITUDE !!" "I'M WORTH WHATEVER I DO TODAY AND TOMORROW I WILL BE WORTH WHAT I DO THEN"

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND GALS...............DONNA :hug:

Cheryl120
09-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Donna...BRAVO for sticking with your plan week and getting some walking in. I know that the fairy fat mother will be dropping by this week.:carrot:

I've done pretty good also and will be very happy if I have a one pound loss after the big loss this week. Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.

Cheryl

luflic
09-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Oh ladies I am so excited to find you. Couldn't find this thread for days. I am suppose to have it emailed notification and for some reason not working.... Came on this time and found you. So if I disappear again it is due to computer inneptitude ;)

This week I gained two pounds. What is wrong with this picture. I am doing great with exercise. Can't get control of food. Thanks so much for the good will keep it coming one day it will click for me I pray.

Really struggling with hormones hopefully that is my problem.

Got to watch my grandaughter that is a joy.

Take care my online buds!

Cheryl120
09-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Evening Ladies...Busy couple of days, so I haven't had time to get back here and see how you all are doing. I'm doing pretty good with following the plan, but tonight I did have dinner with the FD's at Pizza Ranch. I did pretty good and happy with the choices I made.

Luflic...Sorry you gained a couple pounds, but you will have it off in no time. Glad you found us.

Sorry this is short, but I'm having problems with the computer and it is slower than usual.

Cheryl

luflic
09-12-2006, 02:16 PM
The joys of the computer eh.
I have to get the pounds off I won't have any cold weather clothes to wear because I gave all my too big clothes away. We are going away this week end to see the leaves in the UP and I had to break down and buy a pair of blue jeans in bigger size because it is suppose to be cold up north. Errrr
Hope all are doing ok it is a gloomy rainy day here.

Donna72664
09-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Good morning gals, I've been busy for a few days and have missed you.

LUFLIC: Don't worry, those pounds you gained will go away soon, just keep your chin up.

CHERYL: The FFM didn't take any with her but she did allow me to maintain
this week. My own fault, fell off the wagon.

It was rainy all weekend and I couldn't get out and walk so I just stayed in and felt sorry for myself,plus my DH's mother was hospitalized and we weren't able to go see her. She was in a hospital in Colorado. Doing better and going home to her local hospital to rehab for a couple of weeks so we will get to go see her this weekend. She is 83 and her heart is failing, not a good deal,but expected.All of your prayers will be greatly appreciated.

I did the Realage test on the web, wow, it says I'm only 52.2 years old instead of 60. Sounds good just wish I felt that good some days. It was interesting to find out some of the things that I am doing wrong as well as the ones that I'm doing right.

What has happened to our group? did they all move to another site? We haven't heard from so many of them for a long time. Sure wish they would hurry back to us. In the meantime I hope that you 2 are having a good day.

"DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN AND TRY NOT TO DWELL ON THE PAST, WHAT'S DONE IS DONE."

Cheryl120
09-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Donna...I maintained this week as well. Thought for sure I would show a gain since I'm pretty stressed out with the FD's. Going to the quilt retreat this weekend and I can hardly wait to have a weekend to relax with no kids.

Luflic...Sending the Fairy Fat Mother your way to give you a kickstart:kickbutt:
Hope you have a great weekend.

I'm going to be gone till Sunday afternoon, hope you gals have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Donna72664
09-15-2006, 11:43 AM
TGIF this has been a week from:devil: My m-i-l is back home but she is in a rehab unit in the hospital and will be for at least 2 weeks. We are going out to see her, but hubby hates hospitals, he's had to spend too much time in them himself.
At least we will have a chance to see our daughter and her family, that is if the kids aren't too busy to take a few minutes for ol gma and gpa.;)
It is supposed to cool off this weekend and be in the low 60's, bring it on.
I'm so tired of my summer clothes, but am really struggling to find things in my closet to wear for fall.Can't wear sweatshirts to work and that's about all I have. Been looking on the web and in local ads at clothes and they don't make anything for women our age,at least that I can afford!! Guess I will have to get creative with this project. We don't have a clothing store in our town so have to travel to find anything and I hate to shop.
CHERYL: Hope you enjoy your quilt retreat, a time away from the FD's will give you a new outlook on things. I can't imagine dealing with teens again
on a daily basis. GOD BLESS YOU:hug:
LUFLIC: Hope you have a great weekend. Why do we get so down on ourselves when we can't achieve that goal we are aiming at? We all do it.
Know that the FFM will find you and make you:D again.

"ACCEPT YOUR SLIPUPS AND MOVE ON"

DONNA

luflic
09-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Wow Donna said a prayer for your mother in law. I have an 85 year old friend who is in rehab right now so I have been visiting her know the extra strain that is.

Well I have decided to measure and weight once a month at home for some reason that scale defeats me don't want to obsess about it. This will just be a long and slow road for me. So since the 17th of last month down one pound and 4.5 inches so that I can handle thanks ladies for your well wishes.

Cheryl enjoy your teen free week end I too can't imagine having a teen in my life 24/7 go girl!!!

We are off upnorth to view the foliage so yippee skippee I have packed healthy and nutrituos snacks......... Hope I eat them and not fudge :)

Be back here Tuesday. Be good ladies and thanks for the support!!!!

Donna72664
09-18-2006, 12:56 PM
:dunno: Where did everybody go?? It's so quiet here lately.

CHERYL: Hope the quilt weekend went well and you enjoyed yourself without the FD's

LUFLIC: Sounds like fun going to see the foliage. Thank you for the prayers for my mother-in-law. She is coming along,it's just going to be a long road and I hope she has the energy to keep going.

We had a great weekend. Stayed with our daughter on Saturday night and got to spend time with the GD and GS. Watched the Huskers get beat, but it was still fun. Made chili as it was pretty darn cool out and windy. The temp was 34 when we got up Sunday. Youngest daughter and little boy and fiance came up from Colorado on Sunday so we all went out to lunch together and then up to the hospital to see m-i-l. Took her out into the area they have tables and chairs and she played cards with the great grandkids. Think it was good for her and for them. Got home late last night so am really tired this morning. Cold and windy here today, chance of frost tonight. Guess Fall is here !

Have a great week everyone, that is if there is anyone out there:listen: HELLO
HELLO, ????

STOP !! WAITING FOR A MIRACLE,YOU MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.

DONNA

Cheryl120
09-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Hi Girls...I had a wonderful weekend and didn't want to come home. Got a twin size quilt top done except for the boarders. I tried to stay on program and I think I did pretty good. I haven't had time to weigh yet and I don't think I will make weight watchers tomorrow. I came home to one girl sick with the flu and I'm not feeling so good tonight. Will be back to do personals tomorrow and post pictures of the quilts.

Cheryl

Donna72664
09-20-2006, 01:28 PM
:rollpin: It is my day to weigh in, I weigh on the scale at work and today it said I had gained another pound. This is getting frustrating. Think when I get home tonight I will take my measurements and then not weigh again until the end of the month. I try to give everyone else advice but don't seem to be able to take it myself. I promise to keep working on this I won't give up!!

CHERYL: Welcome home, sounds like you had a great weekend. Am anxious to see the pictures of your quilts. Sorry you had to come home to a sick girl and now you aren't feeling well. Hope it is a short illness for you both.

LUFLIC: Did you make it back from your weekend ??

Better get busy, have a slow day today but there is always something to do, just like at home. Catch up with all of you tomorrow.

Cheryl120
09-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi Ladies...I had a long post typed up and I lost it!:( Home sick with the flu today, but I did weigh myself and I'm up one pound. Not too bad considering all the food I was tempted with over the weekend.

Donna...You will have that pound gone in no time. Sending the fairy fat mother your way.

Luflic...We woke up to a very heavy frost this morning and cold, 32!!! Just hope the snow waits till after Thanksgiving. OK, I can wish can't I. LOL

The first quilt is the kids quilt. The second one is one I made for my sister in law. It is a scrappy quilt of star's and four patches. Third is another picture of the kids quilt and the last one is the quilt I made at retreat last year.

luflic
09-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Cheryl you are one gifted quilter. Pray that flu bug has left you!
Donna I understand your frustration with the scale. I too am going to weigh only once a month. For now anyway. My motivation is down the dumper.
Up North was beautiful and we had a great time. Made some great choices had white fish for dinner but then had strawberry shortcake for dessert..... Doing wonderful with my exercise but can't get a handle on eating.....Here is hoping you lose your pound Donna. I am not getting on the scale to see what damage I caused. :) Thanks ladies for being there and supporting when I am not doing it. I need somebody to kick my backside.

Donna72664
09-22-2006, 01:07 PM
tgif: What a week, just can't get motivated to do much of anything. Have forced myself to do some of my exercises with bands and balls. Only walked twice,as the weather hasn't cooperated,maybe this weekend. Just haven't felt quite up to snuff, so eating has been really radical.Would rather snack than really have a meal. Did cook a good one last night though. Had chicken and a baked potato and a veggie, but ate some popcorn my father-in-law grew,but no butter. Keep trying to convince myself that I'm really not so bad, but not doing a very good job of that either. Well enough feeling sorry for myself.

CHERYL: You do exquisite work on those quilts, they are really beautiful. Your grandchildren are lucky to have such a wonderful keepsake from grandma.Thanks for sending me the FFM, I hope she can find me, I really need her help.

LUFLIC::frypan: White fish, then strawberry shortcake, sounds like something I would do. Well I'm sending you a little whack on the head, but know how you feel about needing help.

OK, gals, we need to keep our spirits up and we will get through this.We have a challenge ahead of us,
" THE WEEKEND!":fr: One bite at a time,one step at a time.
Good luck, have a great weekend. Talk to you on Monday.

DONNA

luflic
09-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Really perhaps it is the change of weather getting to all of us! Lets all hope next week is better!
I love the slap up the side of the head sure hope it works!

Cheryl120
09-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi Girls...Hope you all had a good weekend. I wasn't feeling that great and just wanted to hibernate over the weekend. Woke up energized this morning and doing great staying on the core plan. Found time to do some sewing on my grandson's quilt this morning. Got all the blocks sewed together and I can start sewing the row's together tomorrow if I'm not mowing. It's suppose to be 72 tomorrow, so hubby and I want to get one last mowing of the yard done. Wednesday we are to be in the 40's.

Sending the fairy fat mother to each and every one of us. Hope we all see a nice loss this week.:carrot: :carrot:

Cheryl

luflic
09-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Sure hope that fairy fat mother finds my house. Thanks for sending her :)
I went walking today around the pointe at a metro park here it is on the lakeshore very pretty the weather here today was perfect. Should have been working in our yard but hey how many more perfect days we gonna have.

Enjoy this weather while we have it ladies.
Sorry you were not feeling well Cheryl. Hope you are chipper tomorrow good for you getting back on plan. Now...... I need too.

Donna72664
09-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Good afternoon gals. well whatever it is that is going around has found me. I wasn't even going to come into work today, but I am here alone catching up on files so thought I had better. Can't kill off this awful headache. Haven't been eating much and for sure no exercise. Great !!!! another week behind schedule. Thanks Cheryl for sending the FFM my way, won't weigh now until Friday,sure hope she sticks around till then.
Luflic, I think it is the change in the seasons. I felt good last week,then on Saturday the weather was cold and rainy and I started feeling awful. Tried to work out in my flower beds on Sunday, it was still cool and windy, but got one cleaned out. It is beautiful out today, a little breezy, but tomorrow it is suppose to be pretty chilly again. Don't think as cool as Cheryl will be.

Do have some good news though, mother-in-law got home from the hospital yesterday. She has a life line now and will be getting meals on wheels and some home health, so maybe we won't have to worry quite so much. She is about 4 hours away from us but hubby has 3 younger brothers that live closer to her.

Better go, just got a note from home office and they need some insurance info on a couple of patients, better get it off to them.
Have a great day, we will whip this thing together. DONNA

luflic
09-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Great news about MIL yeah. Should ease up for you. Hope you are soon feeling 100%

Yeah could be change of seasons.. Something keeps bringing me down this isn't my normal temperment usually an upbeat kinda gal. This is getting to me. Ahhhh soon this too shall pass.

You are so right. Together we can!

Cheryl120
09-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Hi Ladies...It seems we are all feeling either sick or just have the blaaas!!! I was sick last week, feel better for a day and then no energy the next. It's cool and rainy here and I just want to hibernate. Can't imagine what winter will be like for me, if I just want to sleep now.

Donna...My hubby got out and mowed the yard one last time yesterday, but I never got out to push mow around the buildings and I also have flower beds screaming for attention. I just don't care.

Luflic...Great job getting out for a walk. It sounds lovely there. I think about going out for a walk, but haven't made it the last couple of days. Had WW today and I maintained for the second week in a row, so I know that's a good thing. I hope to get my rear in gear this week and have a nice loss. Only loss 4.7 pounds for the month of September.

Have a good day!:hug:

Cheryl

Donna72664
09-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Hey gals, well I'm excited and bummed out at the same time:dizzy:
The FFM did visit(thankyou Cheryl) and she did take 1 pound with her, but that means that I gained 1 pound for the month of September. Maybe that is what I needed to realize that I'm not working as hard as I make myself believe I am. Guess that I just have to go one day at a time and do the best that I can. Cutting firewood this weekend so that should burn a calorie or two.

I hope you gals have a good weekend and that we can get to feeling better. I'm with you Cheryl, I'd just as leave curl up with a good book and forget everything else. Luflic, we will get out of this slump, at least I hope so. Don't like feeling this way either.

Come Monday we will all feel better, agree? Talk to you then. DONNA

Donna72664
10-04-2006, 10:59 AM
It's October and I'm here all alone :( Where did everyone go ???
Guess maybe it's time to move on to another thread, I really miss you guys.
Hope all is well with each of you. I'll check back a couple more times and then I guess I'll be gone too.

:hug: DONNA

Cheryl120
10-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Hi Gals...Sorry I was MIA for a week:( Had the weekend/week from **** with the FD's. Can't go into details of what they did, but they were suspended from school for 3 days and my hubby had to go before the school board Wednesday night. They wanted them suspended for the remainder of the year!!! We had one FD removed from our home Tuesday morning, so the board decided to let the other one stay oin school. I have been so stressed out and mad that I'm spitting nails!!!! I have had a migrain since last Friday, pain between my shoulder blades and I broke out on my neck and chest what looks like ringworm, but isn't. All stress related. I had two good weeks of maintaining my weight, but this week I gined 2 pounds. Hope to get back on track and destressed by Monday.

Donna...So sorry you were left all alone.:hug: Hope you stick around. I also had computer problems, the laptop went bellyup. We bought a new one today, but still can use it till we call the server, so I have to use the old dinosaur, which freezes up and is very slow.

Talk to you later,
Cheryl

luflic
10-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Oh Cheryl I am sorry for all your stress. Hope things settle down for you now. Hope remaining FD is soon on right track.

Donna sorry you have been alone. I have been undergoing medical tests. Not anything to report so easier to be mum you know how that goes. Found a couple of spots on mammogram and had to take ultra sound today so will go back to dr on Wed.
So I am with you Cheryl not been on program at all. I have continued with exercise so that is a plus for me.
Today is a gorgeous day here so I am off to enjoy the day!

Donna72664
10-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Good Morning and welcome back you two. I didn't mean to sound angry, I know we get busy and can't always be here.

CHERYL: :hug: Hon I think you need more than a hug, you deserve a big medal. I am so sorry that the FD's have been giving you fits. Hopefully with only one there things will get back to normal. But I can empathise with you. My oldest daughter was here for a day last week and her 14 year old son got 3 days out of school suspension. Don't know why they have to push the rules,just pray they learn from their mistakes.
Thanks for the PM too.
Hopefully you will get to feeling better and I know that you will get back on track with the weight loss.

LUFLIC: I'm sorry to hear that you are having to have more tests. My prayers are with you that these spots are just that, spots:getwell: When our daily lives seem to be going in the wrong direction, it is pretty hard to keep on track with eating and exercise, that is the last thing on our minds.

I feel bad now that I spouted off like I did. I had no idea both of you were going through such hard times. Let's hope this week will bring better things for both of you.

Our weather was hot,92, on Saturday and down to 62 on Sunday. Now today we have rain and 42 for a high. Guess it is going to rain for a couple of days. Sure need the moisture, but the corn farmers aren't too happy with it, trying to get the corn harvested. Sounds like the west and north parts of the state could see some snow by Thursday. Guess it is that time of the year.

I will talk to you gals again tomorrow. Sure glad to have you back. DONNA

Cheryl120
10-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Evening Ladies...YEAH!!!!! I finally made it here.:carrot: :carrot: We bought a new laptop last Friday and could never get it to work. I could get into fatchicks, but it wouldn't let me post. Drove 90 miles today to take it back to where we bought it, and they worked on it for 1 1/2 hours and could never get it to work, so they gave us another laptop. I'm just happy to be able to post and read the posts.

Luflic...I have you in my prayers and hope the spots are just that spots. We are here for you.:hug:

Donna...Glad you decided to stick around, we would miss you.:hug: Things are slowly getting back to normal. My migrain is finally gone, but I still have a knot at the base of my neck and the marks on my neck and chest are starting to go away...Now to get back on track weight wise. I still have time to get below 300 by January 1st.

Well I need to say Hi at a couple other places. Check back tomorrow.

Cheryl

luflic
10-10-2006, 03:20 PM
It is a gorgeous day here today also. But they say the weather is a turning. Hubby and I walked the shoreline last night at the metro park absolutely beautiful and probably the last time this year.

I am babysitting my perfect ;) grandaughter. Thursday we are headed to Ohio to visit our other little one.

I know the grief of computer progblems but hey hubby works with computers so pays the bills ;)

Glad the migraine is gone! I am fortunate and don't get them.
Thanks so much for the prayer support! I can feel them. I do know God is in control.

enjoy this day!

Cheryl120
10-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi Girls...Wish I could say we are having beautiful weather, but it is cold and very windy. Snow will be here before midnight, right along with the cold artic air from Canada. Guess I need to get the cold weather gear out and get the truck and car packed with it.

Not much going on here today, trying to get caught up on house cleaning and I need to decide what I'm going to eat for dinner. Have to go pick up the FD from a game in about 30 minutes. Tomorrow is WW, and I know I have gained, but I need to go and face the scales.

Luflic...Have a great visit with the other grandchild and a safe trip there and back.

Cheryl

Donna72664
10-11-2006, 11:03 AM
:coffee2: Good morning, I'm trying to get warm with my coffee but think I'm going to have to turn up the heat in here. It is cold, windy and raining.Oh
Cheryl don't you just hate the idea of snow already? Nebraska is getting some up in the northern part of the state and they said we could see a little by tonight,oh I hate cold weather and so do my bones.

Luflic: Have a great time in Ohio, where abouts are you headed? Spoil that baby good before you leave.

Not much going on here just wanted to stop by and say Hi!!!
Have a great day, DONNA

Cheryl120
10-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Good Morning and Happy Friday....Thought I would pop-in before Hubby and I leave for the weekend. Had WW on Wednesday, and I'm up 4 lbs. No surprise since I was stress eating, but I'm back on track watching what I eat and exercising.

Donna...Yes I hate to see snow so early. It is cold, very windy and we have had snow flurries for the last couple of days. Hard to believe a week ago we were 85 and the last couple of days we have been 24. With the 40 plus winds, it feels like 12. At least with the cold, I can add clothes if I need to...I hate the hot, humid summers the most.

Luflic...Hope you are getting in lots of spoiling time in with that grandbaby.:hug:
Have a safe trip back.

Check back with you all on Sunday. I'm so looking forward to some alone time with my Hubby and no FD around.

Cheryl

Donna72664
10-13-2006, 10:35 AM
YEA !!!! it's Friday. Sounds like we have a nice weekend coming up weather wise. I already hate this cold and windy weather. I agree with you though Cheryl, in the winter we can add clothes on those awful hot and humid days all you can do is suffer.

I hope you and hubby have a really relaxing weekend alone, think it sounds like you need it. That 4 lbs will be gone in no time once you get a chance to relax and get rejuvenated.

Luflic: I'm sure you are enjoying yourself to no end. Look forward to hearing all about your trip with that grandbaby.

Well girls, I finally broke down and went shopping for some work clothes.
:carrot: I was so excited that I could get into a pair of size 12 trousers again.
Wasn't sure if I had made enough progress to or not. Boy did that feel good. Haven't officially weighed myself for about 3 weeks now. Think I will wait at least till the end of this month, then I will have some idea where I'm at before Thanksgiving. Can't believe we are even talking about the holidays already. Where did this year go???

Have a great weekend, I'll be back on Monday to see what you've been up to.

DONNA:witch:

Cheryl120
10-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi Ladies...Had a wonderful, relaxing weekend even though I had a lot of classes to attend. Probably ate too much, everything was a buffet, but very good food also. I'm so happy that my quilt I made was won by a gal from our group. I know that it will be taken care of.

Donna...Congrats on getting new clothes and a size 12 no less. I can't remember the last time I wore that size, well maybe High School. Great job!!!

Luflic...Hope you had a safe trip home.

Time for me to get back on track and quit making excuses. Hopefully I will have the 4 pounds gone real soon. Aunt Flo decided to pay a visit, I haven't seen her in 6 months and hope this is the last time she comes around. Have a good evening and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Cheryl

Donna72664
10-16-2006, 01:07 PM
:hug: CHERYL: If you are still fooling around with Aunt Flo no wonder you had a gain. You know that one will dissappear soon. I remember how I hated that, you never know from one month to the next if you have to be prepared or not. Hopefully you won't have to keep putting up with it for too long.
DONNA

luflic
10-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Cheryl I can't believe it. Aunt flo showed up at the hotel for me. I so thought I was done with her. Hadn't visited for 10 Months and she is so unwelcome now. She brought all of her baggage. Hungry like haven't been in ages. Don't want to exercise which I have been so faithful too. Very frustrating. I am with you lets hope this no good lady hits the road and never comes back. I am 53 this is nuts@

Great news on my lumps on breasts thou. Ultrasound looks good Dr. just wants to keep eye on them and have new ultrasound in six months so glad for that and thanks for the prayers.

Loved seeing my grandaughter oh how they change was a nice visit.

Size 12 ahhhhhh but a memory for me...:)

Cheryl120
10-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi Ladies...Still stuggling with the weight and trying to stay on plan. Think Aunt Flo has a lot to do with it. I'm so tired, hungry and I don't want to exercise, nor think about it. Had to go to town this morning and get a few things done. Came out of the bank and the Suburban wouldn't start, nor even make a sound. Had to call AAA and it ended up being the starter. The guy was nice enough to hit the starter with a hammer and that got it going. Hubby bought a new starter on his way home and will put it in in the next couple of days. Going to Fargo tomorrow for a free motion quilting class. While I'm at class, Hubby is getting new tires put on his car.

Donna and Luflic...I'm 53 and I really think it's time that Aunt Flo moves on to someone else. She has been visiting me since I was 9, ENOUGH ALL READY!!! Think I have more than 4 lbs to loose now, I was really grazing at the buffet table this weekend and I also enjoyed Famous Daves BBQ way too much.

Luflic...I'm so happy that you had a good report from your doctor. I'll keep praying for you.:hug:

Cheryl

luflic
10-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Ahh Cheryl I too haven't exercised in two days. I too am so tired and drained. My period is so heavy. Funny they say friends get on the same schedule but come on online friends ;) Hope it gets better for the both of us real soon.

How sick are you two about political adds. Afraid to answer the phone it is so nuts. Perhaps I am just grumpy.

i am babysitting grandaughter right now and she is so cute. Man this is fun.

How are your FD things smoothing over?

So whats up with you Donna? Check in.

Donna72664
10-17-2006, 03:46 PM
HI GIRLS, I really do hate to hear that BOTH !!! of you are fighting with Aunt Flo:eek: . You are right, it is time for her to find a new home elsewhere. Hope it will all be over soon.
Exercise ?? is that something that we are supposed to be doing ;) I have had this cold or allergies or whatever it is for almost 3 weeks now and it is such an effort just to breathe.
Think it is time for the 3 of us to get well and back on track.

CHERYL; that's almost funny about your surburban not starting, my blazer wouldn't start on Sunday, but thank goodness mine was just a battery.

LUFLIC; That is just wonderful news about your tests, we will pray that in 6 months they can't find anything again.
Political ads, I could throw something at the television. I'm almost to the point of not voting. I swear the closer it gets the nastier they get. How can we believe anything any of them say? I will be there on the 7th, but I will sure be glad when it is over.

Sounds like snow for us tonight, glad we cut more firewood over the weekend. Better go get some filing done,talk to you tomorrow. DONNA

Cheryl120
10-18-2006, 05:30 PM
I am so sick of the political ads on TV, that i could scream!!! They will only get worse after January when it's the run for the presidency. We will probably be swamped with nasty ad's for 11 months. Very lucky so far in not receiving any calls.

Luflic...I hear you about Aunt Flo, and it is well past the time she moves on down the road and gives us some peace. I want to not feel tired and get back to loosing the weight. I've been drinking tons of water and I must of been up 10 times lastnight peeing. Went to weight watcher today and I'm up .3 lbs. Probably the weight of my socks. LOL!!!

Donna...Hubby is working on putting the starter in, and said we probably didn't need a new one, that this one was loose. Oh well, it has a new one almost in, and with 255,000 miles on the Suburban it probably would appreciate a new starter.

Things here at home with the remaining FD are getting better. My stress level is almost back to normal and I did good keeping control of my eating today. Would be very nice if I could have the 5 lbs gone by next week. Need a nice dusting from the fairy fatmother.

Have a good day, ladies.

~Cheryl

luflic
10-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Well ladies dr. put me on bedrest yesterday due to you know what don't want to give you more info than you need or want I am so tired and drained.

Tigers are in World Series so that is the good news from Michigan.

Car problems can be so aggravating hope you are both on the road again.

We play bridge every Sat. but not sure will be up to it this week. Either of you play?

Cheryl120
10-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Not a good day girls. Hubby can't get the starter to go in right, he has worked on it for two days. Had AAA come out and tow it to the shop in town. I hope they have it running by tomorrow afternoon. This morning I was doing some machine embroidery work for a customer. The needle broke, thread bird nest under the blanket. Took my machine apart, and I can't find the broken needle. Errrrrrg!!! My machine makes a scaping noise, so I need to take it to the repair shop and see if they can find the broken piece. Put a hole in the blanket, so I had to go to town and buy a new one. Got my other machine out and had the blanket done in 4 minutes. Won't make any money on this job, I'm $20 in the hole right now, and I have no idea how much it will cost to fix my machine.

Luflic...Hope you are feeling better real soon and Aunt Flo departs. She can really drain us of our energy. No, I don't play Bridge, but I do play Canasta and Porker.

Have a good one.

Cheryl

Donna72664
10-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Hey there you two, life is really dealing you girls fits. Sure hope next week is better for both of you.

LUFLIC: I'm sorry that you got it so bad that the dr. put you to bed. When it only happens once a year or so it really takes it out of you. Hope it's over real soon:getwell:

CHERYL: Sorry about your suburban, hubby was trying to help. They make vehicles so complicated any more, think it's on purpose so we can't fix them ourselves. And now your
sewing machine :( :no: just not fair. Lucky you have another machine to use, but like you said, not making any money on this project.

Sounds like a cold and rainy or snowy weekend here. Wanted to get some more firewood cut but it may have to wait. Head is feeling better, less stuffy than earlier in the week so maybe I can get on with my life instead of being tied to the box of kleen-ex.

Have a good weekend and I will be back on Monday.
DONNA

Cheryl120
10-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi girls...Got the surburban back this afternoon and it didn't break us!!! Now, my Hubby is going to try and put the new heater in. I sure could of used it today.
Darn, it's cold! We are at 32 and it will be hanging around for the whole weekend. At least it's not snowing.

Donna...Hope you are over your cold/flu. Nice weekend to just stay inside and cuddle by the fire.

Luflic...Hope you are getting plenty of rest and are starting to feel better.:hug: November should be our month to get back on track and shed some weight.:carrot: :carrot:

Well gals, I need to go find something to fix for dinner. Don't know what I'm hungry for, but I need to feed the FD.

Cheryl

luflic
10-21-2006, 02:27 PM
We are all a mess! You are right hopefully November will be our month. I have been do nothing. This is not me. Haven't had the energy to even be on computer.

Come on November!!!

Glad you gals are in my corner!

Cheryl120
10-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi gals...Down 2 lbs this morning.:carrot: :carrot: Hope to be back at my ticker weight by next week. I think I'm getting back in the groove of things.

Donna...Hope you had a good weekend.

Luflic...Hope you are feeling much better and are off bed rest.:hug:

Donna72664
10-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi girls, thought I had better jump in here while I have a few minutes. Whatever I have is finally getting tired of me and is on it's way out. I am starting to feel like myself again

LUFLIC: Of course we are in your corner :hug: We have to stick together and get through this. I hope you are back on your feet and ready to face the world.

CHERYL: :yes: Good job !!! 2 lbs. off and you are on your way. Glad to hear that things with the vehicle and the FD are getting better too.

Had a good weekend, had to root those Huskers on against
Texas on Saturday. Rest of the weekend I got caught up on
some over due house work. I am going to have to go work in one of our other clinics, 45 minutes from here, on Friday,so I won't get back to you until Monday.Don't want you to think that I have deserted. I am really working hard on the eating part of things and have done really well this week, well so far. Now that I'm feeling better maybe I will get more exercise in too.

Have a good week I will peek in if I get the chance on Thursday. DONNA:witch:

Cheryl120
10-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi Girls...Just a quick pop-in. Still doing good food wise, now to get my butt moving. I've got great news, I have a new grandson that arrived at 3:05 this afternoon. His name is Payton, 9 lbs 6 oz, 19" long. I can't wait to get a picture of him. I won't get to see him till next May/June when I go back out to Oregon.

Cheryl

Donna72664
10-25-2006, 10:25 AM
:congrat: CHERYL on that new grandson. How exciting, but not getting to

see him till next Spring ??? they better send lots of pictures. How many gs

does that give you?

Take care. DONNA

AnnabelCay
10-25-2006, 02:30 PM
I am definitely over 50, in fact over 60 :D ... and would love to join you ladies if I may. I need to lose about 60 lbs. or so. I am around 5' 9" at 215 lbs. That's way too much. Do you have a particular day that you weigh in? I usually do an official weigh on Monday but whatever you girls do will work for me.

Congratulations on little Payton, Cheryl. That is lovely.

Your talking about Aunt Flo is making me smile. It's been so long for me that I hardly remember. I was only in my late 40's when she went bye-bye. Believe it or not, I was sorry, and wasn't quite ready.

I will check back with you ladies later. Hope you are all having a good day.

(Why can't I get my signature to attach??? Have done a similar one on a board before. I've lost my knack!!!)

Donna72664
10-25-2006, 05:12 PM
:hug: AnnabelCay: You are more than welcome to join us. We would love to

have someone new. I just turned 60 in August.

We all kind of do our own weigh in day and just report in. If you've been
following us you can see that we are all struggling to get things in motion. We were doing pretty good and then as Fall approached we seemed to let up on the exercise end of the thing. BUT November is around the corner and we are going to go full blast to get on track by the end of the year. So jump right in and we will give you all the support you need.

As for your tracker, try going to User CP and see if that can help you, I'm kind of computer illiterate;)

Talk to you soon. DONNA

luflic
10-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Well ladies. I have been on bedrest due to bleeding. Went to dr. today and we are scheduling a D & C and couple other things with it so should stop this garbage. I feel like a dishrag and so have been pampering myself with food. Ahhhh to fight this battle another day!

Congratulations on new grandson. :dance: :balloons: This is the best isn't it! I know how you feel about not seeing him until spring. That is far. Hopefully they email alot! Computers are such a blessing.

Welcome Annabel Cay:welcome:

Cheryl120
10-25-2006, 08:31 PM
:welcome2:.Annacay...So happy to have someone new to join us.:D Look forward to getting to know you as we travel this road to a healthy life.

Thank you both for the congrats on my new grandson.:bb: I can't wait to get my hands on him, and when I do, he will be at that cute age. My daughter-in-law is very good about sending lots of picture of their children.

Donna...This makes number 8 for me. They range in age from 17 to 1 day old. I finally got his baby quilt back from the quilter today. She did such a beautiful job of quilting on it. Tomorrow I'm going to get the binding on it so I can get it sent off to him. Also have to get busy and get his christmas stocking made.

Today was weigh-in day at Weight watcher, and I was down another 1.2 lbs.:woohoo: I hope to be back to ticker weight by next week. I'm sure going to work hard at it. November will be our month girls!!!

Cheryl

Cheryl120
10-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Luflic:getwell: Sorry to hear you will have to have a D&C, but with the heavy bleeding you are having, you are probably ready to try just about anything. It can sure take the wind out of your sails. I know you are just like me, want Aunt Flo to leave FOREVER and never come back. Hope you feel better real soon.:hug: Thanks for the congrats on my new grandbaby.

AnnabelCay
10-26-2006, 12:49 AM
Thanks a bunch, ladies, for your warm welcome. It will be nice to have a little group to check in with ... helps to keep me honest! :)

I think I have my tracker problem worked out now .... fingers crossed!

Big congratulations on the weight-loss, Cheryl! You're doing great.

Luflic, so sorry about your health issues. Women do not have it easy with their reproductive systems, do we? I always tell my DH that guys get off easy! :^:

Have a good evening, all.

luflic
10-26-2006, 03:23 PM
So Annabel what state are you from. I find it so fun to talk to ladies far away. Amazing how similar we all are doesn't really matter where we are.

Eight grandbabies! Neat. I just have two but wow this is so fun. I get to babysit every T and Th for this one and she is so perfect sure is easier being grandma over being mommy!

I am going to a gourmet cooking class this week end just what I need to diet right. But I love to cook and this should be fun.

Any of you ladies into cooking?

Donna72664
10-26-2006, 04:08 PM
LUFLIC: Gosh I'm sorry you are going to have to have surgery for this. Hopefully afterwards you will feel great. It's time to get rid of AF. I used to cook a lot but now that there is just the two of us I don't do as much. Taking a class sounds like fun.

CHERYL:Way to go with the weight loss, you are getting there. I'm glad the quilt turned out so well, that baby will be so glad to have a quilt from his grandma to keep him warm this winter.You are right, November is ours!!!!

ANNABELCAY: Your tracker looks fine. Good job.

Well ladies this will have to be my last post for this week,since I have to work out of town tomorrow and we are going to see m-i-l on Saturday.Hope all of you have a great weekend, don't forget to set your clocks back when you go to bed Saturday night;) we don't want anyone late on Sunday.

Cheryl120
10-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Luflic...How lucky you are to babysit your grandchild. I'm so jealous!!!:p I love to cook, that's my problem. I also collect cookbooks. Now I try to cook out of my Light and Tasty or Weight Watchers cookbooks.

Donna...Hope you have a terrific weekend and we will see you on Sunday.:hug:

Annabelcay...Your tracker looks great! I always have a hard time getting a tracker up and loaded. I had my Hubby write me instruction, so maybe next time I can do it myself.:D

I have had a really good day till the FD came home. She thinks the world revolves around her, and that I should jump when she wants something. Needless to say, it's not happening, so she is up in her room ticked. Oh well, she will just have to get happy. This morning I got two sides of the binding sewed on my quilt. Keeps my hands busy and my mouth closed. LOL Have done really well watching what I eat, but I need to workout a little harder. See if I can accomplish that next week.

Cheryl

AnnabelCay
10-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Cheryl, Luflic and Donna,

I hope you're all having a good Friday. Luflic, I do love to cook and eat, and have a million cookbooks. I don't use them as much as I did when I was younger, but I still like to read them and try something new now and then. But I tend to read new recipes and then go back and make my oldies! Do you do that? Have fun with your class.

Cheryl, you are doing important work with your fostering. You must have a lot of patience, and I commend you. :hug:

I weigh on Mondays, and know that I am eating too much this week so Monday will not be pretty if I don't get a grip. :(

Have a great weekend, girls! :)

luflic
10-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Hey ladies,
Cooking class was wonderful. Food was delectable too good. I am now enjoying great recipes trying to make them fit as well as tasty.

I did swim both night at the hotel so that is good. Plus standing on feet all day had to count for something :)

With my health issues right now. My diet is kaput but at least I am not running and hiding but here and posting. Thanks my online friends will help me somewhat accountable. Knowing I report to you.

Yeah this fall backwards is a lot easier than the spring forward for me!

Hope everyoones week end was great!

Cheryl120
10-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Good Morning Ladies...We had the most beautiful weekend, hardly any wind and in the 60's. My hubby and I were busy getting the yard picked up and buildings closed up for winter. Didn't get everything done before the weather turned nasty yesterday. We dropped 45 degrees in a couple of hours yesterday, then it was blowing with gust up to 45 MPH and snowing. Guess mother nature decided that Oct should go out with a bang!!!

Luflic and Annabelcay...Hope you both had a very nice weekend.:D Luflic, the class sounds like it was a lot of fun. I have so many cookbooks, and keep getting more, but I like to cook and eat. Thats my problem, I like it too much! LOL. I try to buy only low fat cookbooks now and have from 2002 to present of Light and tasty and 2004 to now of Cooking Light. They are wonderful and I try to cook from them only.

Happy Halloween by the way!:haphal: :badbat: :spid: :bat: :ghost:Don't know about you gals, but I'm very lucky. We live out in the country, so I don't get any trick or treaters.:carrot: I bought just enough candy to make up gift bags to send to my grandchildren.

I'll be back later to start a new thread for Nov/Dec. Have a good day.

Cheryl

Donna72664
10-31-2006, 05:57 PM
:haphal: To all of you. I am working late today so I can be here when the

little munchkins come trick or treating at the businesses. Only lasts an hour

but last year we had over 230 kids. At home we hardly get any.

Have to work out of town again tomorrow so my time on the computer this

week has been pretty limited. Am feeling much better as I hope you are too

:carrot: Fairy fat mother finally stopped by again and took 1 lb with her. I'm

pretty excited about that. Maybe I will get back to what my tracker says

before the end of the year!!!

Don't eat too much candy tonight now but enjoy the spooks and goblins

I hope to get back to you on Thursday and if not Friday for sure. Look

forward to November and a new challenge for us. Am sending some :dust: maybe we can get off to a good start for the

new month and finish out this year with a BIG LOSS!!!!

:witch: DONNA