Support Groups - WEIGHTY ISSUES #44 Sept. 06

View Full Version : WEIGHTY ISSUES #44 Sept. 06

angieME
09-01-2006, 08:03 AM
:welcome3: to the SEPTEMBER edition of our Weighty Issues thread

Fall is coming. Leaves are starting to change, the weather is getting cooler time to get out there and get in some brisk walks. :running: Who doesn't wanna look good and more importantly, FEEL good instead of ----> :yikes: Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast.

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile. :cofdate: You'll be glad you did.

Kempyd
09-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Hey guys. They are here taking pics of the house and all of the measurements they need to list it. I am having a rought few days now. I think it is b/c it is a little cooler and I can spend time outside in the yard (you all know how much I love that) and play with the dogs. Oh well, not much I can do about that. I know we will make this new home our own too. I wishwe would ahve known this b4 we did all the stuff we did to the house this year. We could have saved that money.

Angie that is great that she stopped by to see you. That is really nice of her. Hey, look at it this way, you may have just made a new friend. Way cool. Oh yeah, Houston is about 5 hours away from here so it is a good little drive if I get home sick. I am going to try to start up again with work when I get there but I think I might wait until Jan. I notice that business slows around the holidays for me so why waste my time.

Julie that is one thing I don't look forward to about kids, all the money you have to spend. It is crazy all the stuff they need and teachers want certain name brands of things too.

Noelle I swear you should write a book! That is some of the craziest things I have heard. I guess even back in the older days they did strange things too, like having a second family.

Well, I need to put a few things away so that they arn't in our house pics. I don't think anyone wants to see my bras drying on the rack in the luandry room. :lol:

melekalikimaka
09-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Well, I need to put a few things away so that they arn't in our house pics. I don't think anyone wants to see my bras drying on the rack in the luandry room. :lol:

...you never know, that may be the selling point for some weirdo with a fetish :lol:

Hi ladies, just taking a breather from work. I have been sorting out receipts and invoices and trying to reconcile some accounts ALL morning. I have this one account which I screwed up an entry and I don't know how to fix it. I was stuck for almost 2 hours trying to figure it out how to do it the "right" way, then I said screw it, and made an adjusted entry. I know my accountant will call me on it later on... I hate this stuff. It's mostly my fault though, I'm a terrible "filer", and just throw things into boxes for "later". Now's it's time to pay the piper. Aaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh, I HATE filing, it's the bane of my existence! :headache:

Angie, that was nice of the woman to stop by again. The dog sounds like a sweetheart after all. Poor guy. I would feel kind of weird going to workout in a gym since I'm self-conscious like you, but I think it may be something that I would try IF I thought the other person was OK, not some weirdo. haha, "weirdo" seems to be my theme of the day huh? It's the filing that's making me crazy :dizzy: Nope, no boat at home yet...I'm not holding my breath on it either. I'm tired of asking Rick about it and finding out more things that need to be done... He says it's real close to being perfect...I'll believe it when I see it in waters off Honolulu instead of Kona!

Kempy, taking a break from working until next year sounds like a great plan, I'd do it too if I could. Is your house going to be listed online? I'd love to see it if it is.

Hey Julie, great job on exercising daily. Good for you. Hope the knee doesn't act up too much, there's nothing worse than having to motivation to workout and not being able to physically do it. So your kiddos are back in school now? Are you enjoying the alone time or are you thinking about doing some P/T work? Is your boy still in TKD? Michael took his 1st brown belt exam on Wednesday, we're waiting to see if he passed and will find out on Monday. Their karate style has 6 levels of brown so it'll be awhile until he makes it to black. Sorry to go on and on with the questions.... I miss chatting w/ya. :D

Well, I better get back to work. :stress: :tantrum: Hi to all :wave:

angieME
09-04-2006, 09:40 AM
bump. where is everyone this weekend? I hope you had a better time than I did. :lol:

angieME
09-05-2006, 08:51 AM
I just got back from my walk and I ended up running some of the way home. I had walked to the end through the fields and was back to the first side street. On the other side of the road is an old farm house with a huge chicken house that hasnt been used for years. Well behind the farm there is nothing but woods for miles and miles. I am walking and all of a sudden in the woods right there I hear yowling from several animals. I stop and listen and the dogs are really interested too. There is nothing back there so it wasnt someones pet. I think it was Coyotes. Holy cow my heart started pumping and I ran the dogs all the way home. I dont even dare to let Domino (the stray cat) outside because he usually is hanging around that area and I dont want him to get killed. I wished jay was home so I could make him drive up there and listen to it. I dont think I will be taking that walk alone again.

melekalikimaka
09-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Hey girls, I am having a difficult morning but I won't bore you with the details. I am back to work so that should say enough :lol: Didn't do much this weekend except veg out with my sisters and watch DVD's, eat microwave popcorn and complain about the heat. It has been hot and muggy and it rained all night. The poor dog next door was whimpering when the rain started lightly around midnight, then it started coming down heavy, the dog started howling. I just realized that those dumb neighbors just tie the dog to the backyard fence (next to a tool shed) with a really short 4' chain and he barely has 3' of roof to hide under, no dog house no box no nothing, not even a mat to sleep on. I am making a complaint to the humane society this morning because that dog is getting neurotic, they neglect him and all their cats aren't fixed so they just keep reproducing. Aren't I a joy to live next to? :lol:

Angie, first of all, a BIG congratulations on your continuing weight loss!!! :dancer: And that after having a fast food meal too. Secondly, I'm sorry that your visits with Brit are so difficult for you all. Does she have a counselor or therapist that can get to the bottom of why she is so hostile to you? Or is that just the depression talking? I feel for you girl :hug: Hey, I'm glad there were no problems with the coyotes (if that's what they were)--but at least you found out you could run if you wanted to right? :D Are you saving your pumpkins for Halloween and thanksgiving?

Anywhos, I better get back to work. The sooner I get this cr@p done the more I can goof off again :s:

cwneeds2lose
09-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone,

It's been a very stressful :stress: past week for me. My father had open heart surgery last week. They replaced his valve with a pig valve. Then, when I went to the hospital today for a visit, and they're putting him on the gurney to have a pace maker inserted. I couldn't stay there with my mom, because I went with my son and granddaughter. Anyway, I haven't heard how things went yet.

Angie, I'm sorry about your weekend. Britt, unfortunately, doesn't appreciate you and your family. She still has the "grass is greener anywhere else, but home" mentality. :frypan:

Noelle, I hope your day gets better. Oh yeah, I file like you do, and then at tax time, it takes me days to get it all organized. I've never liked filing, :barf: and always let it pile up before finally doing it.

Hello to everyone else. I hope you all are having a great day.:hug:

melekalikimaka
09-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Good morning ladies :sunny:

cw :hug:, I am thinking good thoughts and sending prayers your way for your father's speedy recovery. :lucky: I would hate the worrying and waiting. I hope you hear good news soon and that he is fully recuperating.

Yesterday around 2pm a military flatbed carrying an excavator ripped a huge chunk out of a concrete walkway bridge--snarling traffic on the freeway for hours. Luckily I live and work in the same area so it didn't affect me much, but Rick took 3 hours to get home, which normally would have been less than a 1/2 hour drive. Construction crews had to demolish the bridge overnight because it wasn't safe, and the freeway only reopened at 4 a.m. Now the pedestrians who live on the other side of the freeway have to go a long ways around :rolleyes:. Apparently the driver had hit 3 other freeway signs before hitting the bridge and getting stuck. Then on a really weird note, the police found a van parked on the median near the incident, and the driver was dead! :fr: I'm guessing that maybe the guy was really pissed off about being stuck in traffic and had a heart attack...of course that's pure speculation, but sheesh!

So with that, I hope you all are having a wonderfully smooth hump day.

melekalikimaka
09-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Hello :listen:

So what y'all up to this Thursday? Nothing new here, just working thru more paperwork. It's amazing what I can accomplish when I am so inclined and really apply myself :lol: Truth be told I have a deadline so that's really lighting a fire under my @ss :D Other than that, Rick's run away to Kona early this morning and hopefully will be able to bring the boat home this weekend. (How many times have I said this girls? :rolleyes: ) But I am crossing my fingers that all goes OK.

Anywho, hope you all have a great Thursday. Back to work for me :wave:

angieME
09-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Good Morning!! I walked Alicia to school this morning for my walk and to get her in an extra walk as well. It was foggy out so that kinda sucked until we got to where the sidewalks start but we made it. :lol:

Not really anything exciting happening around here. My life is pretty quiet.

How is everyone and where did they all go? It is so quiet, I figured everyone would come back once school got going. I hope we dont die out after being here for 4 years.

Oh on a plus not, I OFFICIALLY weigh less than I did when I met you guys 4 years ago!!! Which may or may not be a good thing since that was my starting point last time but hey I am happy. :lol: I cant believe that I gained the other 54 pounds back this time and now I still have another 75 more to go. I will do it eventually. I am okay to be doing it slowly this time around for some reason. That sounds weird but I would rather be slowly losing than quickly gaining and feeling out of control.

I should really deep clean the house. I hope everyone can check in this weekend.

melekalikimaka
09-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Hi Angie... I am super busy at work with this paperwork, it's just crazy. I have to meet with the accountant next week and I am not looking forward to it. I always feel kinda dumb when I'm talking to him, I dunno why, he's really nice and everything, but I feel like I'm in high school all over again and the teacher is going to call on me for answers when I wasn't paying attention :lol: And Rick is just driving me nuts by not turning in all his receipts and here I am left to try and assemble the wreckage. :cry: It makes me even more pissed off that he's in Kona NOT working. :mad: He should be here being miserable with me :lol:

Hey, celebrate your milestones! Even though you "weigh the same" as you did when we met 4 years ago, that is still a great thing considering how far you've come in just these past few months. You are awesome! :cp: So what did Alicia's friends think of her new look? I bet she looks great. You guys are heading into fall weather now right? It's still blazing hot here and sticky and muggy, you'd love it :lol: not.

Well, I guess I should get back into this work or else I may never get done today. :wave: Chat w/ya later.

Dips'n'twists
09-09-2006, 06:42 PM
hEY mY gIRLS!!

I know I missed a lot but you know I was at battle trying to get myfinancial aide and it's pretty much settled for the most part. I got my schedule and I start class on monday. Whew!

As far as weight, I kinda let myself go :( I gained about 5 pounds and I'm back in the 140s but I am no longer stressing over school and I have a whole new schedule so I'll get back on track. Besides, I know it's just water weight anyway because I put it on so fast.

Anyways...

Angie- I am so proud of you and all your weight loss. And I'm glad that your DD is moving in the rigt direction. You still have some challenges ahead but hang in there.

Noelle- Sorry about the paperwork stress. We still have a few warm days ahead in NY but fall is making it's presence known. I'm not looking forward to winter. I hate the cold but gotta deal with it, right?

Okay, I decided that this is my last "fat" summer. I set a goal of 15 pounds of weight loss by new years! In the meantime, i gotta figure out a better way to deal with all this stress.

calnative
09-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Hello Ladies,

My house is finally back together. We've put things back in the living room like we want them and the office looks like an office again, and not a storage room. :D
School is going great. A couple of kids are trying themselves, but I put a stop to that....real fast. I don't really have problems with them, but the other teachers are not very happy. Two of them are long-term substitutes and I'm not sure how long one of them will be staying. One is subbing for the Social Studies teacher because she is on maternity leave (she'll be back in 2 weeks). The kids really give them a bad time; they also give the new math teacher problems. I talked to the asst principal and let her know that those three are not very happy and I believe they want to leave. Good thing we don't have the group of kiddos from last year...those teachers would've already left. :^:
We're halfway through the first quarter already. Only 4 weeks until fall break. I can't believe it's going so fast.
My cousin just got back, last week, from Italy and he sent some photos to me. They actually made me homesick. Hubby and I are seriously talking about moving over there. We'll wait until he finishes his masters degree in ESL, which will be 1-2 years, then I think we will move there. I'm just trying to figure out a way to do it and keep our house here. I really don't want to sell it.
Weight loss is alluding me right now. These pounds have found a home and they won't be evicted!! I don't want to give up, but I'm so frustrated.
I scored tickets, for Ashley, to go see the Cheetah Girls and Hannah Montana in concert in two weeks. She's going to be so excited. She doesn't even know they are coming in concert. I'm going to tell her that those tickets are her birthday present. Of course, I'll take enough money for her to buy a t-shirt, program, CD....etc. :p

Angie: I'm so glad that Brit is getting the help she needs. I hope those positive meetings continue and she can come home soon as the Brit you remember.
CONGRATS on the weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are really doing awesome. Keep it up. Are you planning to go to Florida this year?

Noelle: Good luck with the accountant. I was looking at all my receipts that I'll have to organize for taxes after January. I'm so NOT looking forward to that. It would be so easy to organize things now, but I get so tired of looking at papers!
Hope your boat (and hubby) are back home soon. How does Michael like school so far?

Kempy: I hope things are going well with the house hunting/selling. It is exciting to go somewhere new, but it's also scary to leave what's comfortable.

Julie: I hope you and your family are doing well. We miss you.

Dips: Good luck with your classes this semester. I know you'll do great. I'm also rooting for you and your goal for New Year's. I know you can do it. How's your baby doing??

Hello to everyone else. Come out and chat. We miss you.

Cal

melekalikimaka
09-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey ladies, Happy Sunday :sunny: You would not believe this but I am working today (ME! working on a Sunday :lol: ). I stayed in the office all day yesterday too, Michael had his Pokemon gameboy game, some coloring books and snacks. I also went out to dinner with my girlfriends last night and didn't get in til 1 a.m....so overall I've had maybe 6 hours of sleep. I'm sure I'll crash sometime today but right now I'm running on fumes :lol: I just got a call from Rick too--the boat is doing great and they were somewhere between the Big Island and Maui so they're heading home :dancer: Please cross your fingers and keep him in your prayers for a safe passge home.

Cal, I'm sure your house looks beautiful. Did you get to upload some pics to your photobucket? That is so cool that you got those tickets for Ashley, she will so surprised. My 9 y.o. niece would love to see that show too. And thinking about moving to Italy??? How exciting :carrot:

Dips, good luck with school and congrats on the $$ aid. My niece is going off to boot camp on Thursday. I can't believe she's really going. Did I tell you that the National Guard recruiter was jacking her around and not returning her phone calls? So she up and went to the Army Reserve recruiter instead. So she'll be off to Ft. Jackson, So. Carolina :drill:

Angie, congrats on rocking that scale girl! (and i mean that in a good way :D) I think those girls at Alicia's school were just feeling green w/envy for her looking so good--i would've wanted to smack them too.

Kempy, congrats on the house!!! What a beautiful place! So how soon is the move? When can we come visit? :lol:

**if Kempy has your email address you should have gotten a link to pics of her new house, a model home--check it out, it is AMAZING!!!!

Well girls, I really gotta get going. Have a great rest of the weekend and chat w/you more tomorrow. :wave:

melekalikimaka
09-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Good morning ladies. I am in my clean office and restocking my shelves. I had to print 2 huge reports yesterday (400+ pages each!) so I figured I'd take the time to vacuum, dust and wipe everything down--I mean everything. I even flipped the couch over so I could get underneath it, then got out the leather upholstery wipes for my car and wiped the whole couch down--poor thing never had this kind of treatment ever since we bought it 10 years ago :lol: .

And I have Rick to thank for that... turns out, they set out from the Big Island at first light (around 5:30 a.m.), the water was really rough and choppy so they had to go really slowly, plus the engine is brand new so they have to break it in. They reached Lahaina, Maui around noon. Then when they wanted to refuel the harbor master wasn't there. They were at a sort of ritzy yacht club where you can't just use a credit card to pay at the pump--you have to have the club card. So they had to ask around for someone with a gas card to help them. Well, as luck would have it, everyone around there only has the diesel card, Rick's engine is regular gas :rolleyes:... So a few hours later he finally finds someone to help him out and he pays him cash. Then it's too late in the afternoon to be crossing the main channel between Molokai and Oahu and the captain doesn't want to chance it in the dark, so they decide to wait til morning. So as of 6 a.m. this morning, they were approaching Molokai and heading home. I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping for an easy time of it. I will be SO RELIEVED when he is back on land. You guys know how if I get upset (in this case worried as heck) I like to clean clean clean.....so that is the back story on why my office is clean :lol: :blah:

Angie, I can't believe you guys are getting that cold already. I am still sleeping with no blankets here and the fan on. You know, maybe Brit just wants attention and she's trying to shock you by saying those things--like wanting to smoke and do dope. How do you react to it? I hope those professionals who are supposed to help her do it, and soon. :hug:

Well, I have the dreaded meeting with the accoutant today--Rick was supposed to come with me, but he's conveniently not here! So I have to get going. I guess I should just keep my Vegas trip in mind next month to get me through it :dancer:. Have a good Monday girls. :wave:

melekalikimaka
09-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Good morning! :tired: It's 12:59 a.m. and I can't sleep! Rick is snoring so loud. But that means he got the boat home safely today so I'm happy about that. And the visit w/the accountant wasn't as painful as I thought it would be :lol:. Well, just thought I'd pop on and say hello. Chat with ya more tomorrow. :D

angieME
09-12-2006, 07:08 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!!! :hb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :cheer: :balloons: :woo: :grouphug: :dancer: :gift: :hb: :gift: :woo:

melekalikimaka
09-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Hey ladies, it's HUMP day... I tried posting yesterday but my computer froze up and poof--the post got eaten.

Julie, I KNEW your b-day was in September...I just didn't know when exactly. So HAPPY BELATED B-DAY JULIE :hb: :hat: :balloons: :gift: :lucky: :cookie::cheese: . Didya reach the Big 3-0 yet? Probably not :lol: You don't look a day over 18 anyway. Hope it was happy.

Angie, good luck with your family therapy :hug: I don't know how I would deal with it if Brit were my kid, I think you guys are doing awesome by her even though she's being rotten. You take care.

Kempy, I am praying for a quick sale of your house so you can move into that other gorgeous place. I am a little jealous (ok, a lot!), but you guys deserve it. :lol:

Anyway, gotta get more filing done. Rick promised to help me clear out the office so I can re-paint it. It's looking a little dingy so I want to add some color to freshen things up again, plus I'm getting a new desk. It's funny because now that I'm almost all caught up again, I actually wanna work. Weird! Have a great Wednesday :wave:

angieME
09-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Okay, I am scared of what will happen when winter comes. I could NOT talk myself into working out inside today so I just went for a walk in the rain. :lol: I absolutely hate having to walk on the treadmill or ride my bike. :lol: I will always put it off for half the day then complain the whole time because it seems to drag. :lol:

Okay enough whining from me today. haha

melekalikimaka
09-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Hey Angie. I just got back from Office Depot and buying me a new desk chair. It is so awesome, almost like a freakin' lazy-boy type chair. I don't even wanna lean forward toward my desk to work--it's so comfortable to sit back in :lol:

I gotta give you kudos for going out and walking in the rain. I'm sure you wont' do that when it's snowing though--and then you'll be hopping back on that recumbent bike you like so much--you do! you do! You just gotta psyche yourself out about it :lol: Like my elliptical hasn't seen me for almost a year! :lol: Even if it had eyes it couldn't see through the stuff hanging on it :lol:

All I can do is offer my prayers for a turn-around for Brit's attitude. I really don't think she wants to spend the rest of her teen years in a juvie facility. Your day at the beach w/your twins sounds like fun--so does the vacation.

I gotta go and deliver some parts to Rick over at a job site. I'll pop back in later. and YEAH ALL YOU LURKERS, come out and post. :wave:

angieME
09-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Hey Noelle, I could use a new desk chair too. Mine is all old and the seat doesnt really have any cushion to it. :lol: Now I can see you relaxing at your desk. :lol:

I am dreading the snow. It will make working out so hard. I guess I will have to go sliding with the kids. I am planning on going snowmobiling with Jay sometimes too. He has always wanted me to ride along but I have never went. What can I say the cold sucks!! :lol:

Kempy, I love your house and the new one as well. Come back and chat with us. Wjen are you moving?....I have all kinds of questions. :lol:

Julie, I hope your birthday was a great one.

Dips, How has your first week at school gone so far?

Where is everybody else???? Come out and chat. Where did Red go?

Dips'n'twists
09-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Wheeew Chile'

This school thing is no joke! Books are so damn expensive! As if 10,000 dollars a semester isn't enough, I gotta kick in 400 bucks for the books?! There had better be a kick-*** job at the end of all this.:mad:
Anyways

Angie- I can't imagine the frustration that you are having where Brit is concerned but you are more patient than you realize. She didn't get the way she is overnight so we can't expect to cure her overnight. Stick with it, Babe, it will get better.

Noelle- It seems the stress is going all around, huh. Glad things are smoothing out for you though. Your neice is doing bootcamp in the same spot as me. My bootprints are all over fort jackson! She's way braver than I was. I would never join during wartime :eek:

HAppy belated Birthday JULIE! Time flies like a sonofagun doesn't it?

Okay I am going to turn in early because I have class all day tomorrow. My ex actually called me last night wanting to come over. I might have let him if school and work didn't have me so exhausted. (terrible, I know) But gotta relive stress somehow. I just have to find an activity I won't be too tired for. So sad :(

Later Babes, YAY EDUCATION!!

calnative
09-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Just a few more weeks and we'll be on fall break. I am soooo looking forward to it. Of course, I can't believe that this quarter is almost over already. Really...where does the time go????:?:

Angie: I'm so proud of you...going out and walking in the rain. We've got a thunderstorm going through right now and I'm so enjoying the sound of the thunder in the distance. Our monsoon season was supposed to be officially over today, but I love the rain whenever we get it. I'll get those pics out of our new floor as soon as I find the cable to connect the camera to the computer. I always put things away so I won't loose them....then I forget where I put them. I've decided that 'organized mess' shall always be my way.

Noelle: Glad to hear that Rick made it back safely. I can just imagine you kicked back in you 'Lazy Boy' with your feet up on the desk and dreaming of Las Vegas (or anywhere else) :D Maybe I should go check out some chairs at Home Depot. How does Michael like school this year?

Kempy: Noelle sent me the email about your new house. It's incredible...how lucky. I'm with Angie; I have lots of questions. Post soon.

Julie: Happy belated birthday. I hope you had an enjoyable time.

Dips: I hear you about the cost of an education. I want to start taking courses for an endorsement on my certificate, but it's too expensive right now. Good luck during this semester; I know you'll do great.

Hello to everyone else. Please come out and chat.

Cal

angieME
09-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Good Morning girls!! I just walked Alicia to school and there is this house right across from the elementary school that has a pittbull(he is freaking huge!!!! but he doesnt bark at me) and a Rottie. I dont like to walk by when the Rottie is out because he freaks out and barks and runs to the end of his rope etc. Well, This weekend me and Alicia were walking up the hill with this girl and her dog and the Rottie started in and I was looking at him and he is tied out to a LEASH tied to a chain!!!! I am shocked because if he couldnt just break it(which I am sure he can do because he is a big boy) he could very well chew through it. Judging by his actions I think he would like to eat Rebel. So anyways, he was out today so I had to walk back home the Main Street way because I refused to walk back up the hill by him. :lol:

Dips, I am so happy to hear from you. Sorry you are so sleepy. You are the hardest working girl I know. I am so proud of you.

Cal, haha, I always put things where I am sure to remember them too... I never do!!! :lol: I usually find it a few months later while looking for something else.

Well, I should clean the house or something. I will check back later

angieME
09-16-2006, 06:20 AM
I am down 1 pound this week!!! YEAH!!!!! :cheer: I am headed to Old Orchard Beach right now so I will check back later

redballoon
09-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Angie!! :wave: Hi! I never lurk but for some reason I just called up the thread and was glancing through (NOT lurking ;) ) and saw you asking about me! Thank you! :love: I've just been so busy, no time to stay caught up and involved with this busy thread. :^: I can barely keep my challenge thread going..well, actually it's OK now because there aren't that many people...but, yeah, things are busy...big promotion at work and that's going into effect from tomorrow in a transitional state and then full-swing (if all goes well) from Oct. 1. God, it's going to be tough...but I think I'm up for it....Well, no time to really read now. Thanks for thinking of me and a big hello to everyone! :wave:

Heh, I DID just read a bit back and I'm really sorry to hear how hard things have been for you Angie with your daughter. I don't know what happened (stabbing?) but it sounds hairy. Like Dips said, it sounds like you've been really good with her and patient and, yes, things will probably get better. Best of luck to you! :hug:

angieME
09-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Good Morning girls!!! We had so much fun yesterday!!! I needed a day out so bad. :lol: We got up early and headed out and decided to stop in Augusta to go to Dennys for breakfast. We couldnt find it so Jay decided to stop at a gas station to make sure we were headed the right way. While he was inside Alicia looks down the road and sees Dennys!!! :lol: We laughed so hard.

We then got to the beach and it was awesome outside yesterday. It warmed up and hit 80. So we walked along the beach for a few hours and I took some pics of the twins playing. I also played with a baby JRT. We left Rebel at home so we could relax so I had to get my puppy fix in. :lol:

After we left the beach we went to York Zoo which is at the very tip of Maine. We drove 200 miles one way yesterday. The zoo also has a little amusement park so we looked at tons of animals and they got to ride fair rides. We stayed there till 6. We went to check the animals again before we left and the tiger was pacing like a madman. He actually had me nervous because he looked crazy(earlier no animals were moving) but at 6 they were all going crazy. It was feeding time. :lol: They all knew it and was very excited.

We got home pretty late(for us :lol: ) I ate so badly yesterday but I am still OP, I just dont have too many flex points left for this week. :lol: I enjoyed getting out for a day and doing something fun. We want to go to Salem Mass. for a day when it gets closer to Halloween. I have always wanted to go there but never have. It is only about an hour further than we were yesterday.

Now back to reality. Britt's court date is tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

angieME
09-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Red, Hi. :wave: I was wondering what had happened to you. Good luck with your promotion. I hope all goes well for you. You sound really happy.

How are your kitties doing? Good I hope.

redballoon
09-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Hi there! :wave: Angie, it sounds like you had a great day! I'm glad you found your Denny's. Your walk on the beach sounds wonderful! You know, they're over here too, Denny's. The cats are doing well for now but I thought I was going to lose one a few weeks ago. He couldn't walk and was holding his head far to one side. It looked like brain damage. The vet said they couldn't tell without scans, which I wasn't going to do. The guy is old and needs shots every month to kill the pain of inflamed gums that the vet says can't be cured. This is probably the next stage. After his shot, he made what seemed to be a miraculous recovery. I don't know if it's related, but I think it must be because it seemed to get progressively worse, not all of a sudden like I think it would have had he fallen or gotten knocked on the head and suffered temporary brain damage.

Yeah, well, I wouldn't say I'm "happy" about work at all. The place is a total mess and we don't have the resources to do much but I'm being asked to help turn things around. A kind of losing prospect I think. It's a managerial position and I don't like the work. I'm not good at encouraging people because I'm a self-learner and disciplined myself and I don't do well around people who need to be prodded to improve themselves or learn new skills. We have a lot of people who wouldn't hack it outside of Japan...probably a big reason they're here and then we have lots of Japanese whose English is the pits but they think they can write stories! :rolleyes: It's not pretty and yet they get pretty big heads on 'em because they see their names in print after their stories have been TOTALLY reworked by native speakers. Sigh. I will try my best. The only thing I will focus on is what I can do to help others (readers, causes who can use the coverage) and myself as I am hoping I can at long last get some money behind me. Wish me luck, please! :^: And I wish you the best with your court date. :yes:

calnative
09-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Happy(?) Monday everyone.
Just wanted to post a quick hello.
Angie: Good luck with your meeting today.
Red: So good to see you again. We were worried about you and missed you.

I'm off to school. Have a meeting with 8th grade teachers and parents of an 8th grader I had last year. We're thinking of putting him back into 7th grade. He should never have been promoted.

Have a great day everyone.

Cal

redballoon
09-18-2006, 04:03 PM
hi cal! :wave: Thanks for the words. I'll have to be in and out, in for but brief words. Hope your meeting goes well. That must be tough, having to deal with parents when you have to put somebody back. What grade do you teach? Or do you have a different job?

I have a sore throat now. I am hoping I can still do the things I want to (riding, exercising) despite having to now work fulltime at the paper....it's going to be tough, but I will try. Must be disciplined! :^:

Hello to all!

:df:

cwneeds2lose
09-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone,

I know, I've been MIA. Anyway, really stressed out with my dad and open heart surgery. It's so rough watching all of it happen. He's home now, but he was in the hospital for almost two weeks. (It was supposed to be only five days.) They not only replaced his valve, they ended up having to put a pace maker in too a few days later. The hardest part is seeing a man, who's always been so full of life, not fight anymore. Anyway, he's still having a rough time, but he's starting to joke again. When he did that for the first time, the joking, I knew he was starting to get the fight back. Anyway, that's enough of that.

During that stressfull time, I gained 10 pounds. I also gained 10 pounds when I had my surgery. Now that makes me 30 pounds over goal. :ink: So last night I got on the Weight Watchers website and saw that they have a monthly pass that you purchase for $39.95 a month, and that gives you unlimited meeting room visits, as well as unlimited use of the e-tools they have available. Anyway, I decided to get with the program, and did that. :dancer: Finally!

For all of us that's been off program, I found "BACK ON TRACK CHALLENGE" on the website that I've decided to do, although I'm a week behind, I still going to start at week one, and work on week two. I just thought I let you ladies know in case you wanted to check it out.

Angie, I'm so glad you had a great time yesterday. You so deserved that. Too bad you can't have more days like yesterday. I hope all went well with court today.

Hi Noelle, Dips, and everyone else.:hug:

calnative
09-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Hello All,

Well, we didn't have our meeting today. Parents called and cancelled this morning and rescheduled for this afternoon. They didn't show up at all, nor called. One of the 8th grade teachers was going to call the parents this evening and reschedule...hopefully for next Monday.

Red: I teach 7th grade Language Arts (Reading and Writing). It's going well right now. Some of the kiddos are trying to get away with things, but I sit on them pretty hard. In fact, one of the other teachers told me today that the kids told him that I'm very strict. Good!!! I usually don't let up on them until after Christmas.
I hope you are feeling better.

CW: Glad to see you again. I'm keeping your father in my prayers (as well as you). When my mother had open heart surgery she didn't want me to try to come to her because I'd just found out the month before that I was pregnant and she didn't want anything to happen to me or the baby. My youngest sister was there and, being a nurse, was doubly stressed because she knew exactly what was being done during the surgery. She said that sometimes it's a curse knowing. Take care of yourself.

Angie: I hope things went well today.

Hello to everyone else. Have a good evening.

Cal

cwneeds2lose
09-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Cal, Thanks so much for the prayers. It must have been hard not being able to be with your mom.

Angie, how did court go?

Hello to everyone!

redballoon
09-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Hello all! Hope things are going well for you, as best they can. My sore throat has developed into a full-blown cold. It's no wonder. Yesterday was physically and mentally hellish. The problems at work are huge and it is exhausting trying to deal with them.

cw, I am glad your father seems to be doing better, at least if he can joke around a bit it'll help him and everyone involved. It must be traumatic for all to have heart surgery. My prayers are with you.

cal, thanks for the info. Oh, please, go hard on those kids. I am a writer/editor/now manager at a newspaper and I see how prevalent poor language skills are and my work is made all the harder because of it. I always loved language though I can't say I loved English in school. I was decent at it, but never could take a sentence apart and name all the parts. I did love to read! I lived in the library and worked in the school library from the first grade. In any case, I'm sure teaching is, at times, a thankless job. But years down the road, so many adults will be thinking back and thanking you (albeit in absence). I hope you take great pride in your work! :yes:

Well, must go. I barely have a voice, it's more of a croak, but I must get this butt in to the office. Have someone coming in to test for a job. The other day's applicant couldn't even spell, yet figured he could get a job as an editor. :?:

melekalikimaka
09-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi Ladies :wave: I can't believe it's Wednesday and i haven't posted yet (until now that is). I have been wrapping things up with our accountant and been busy getting year-end stuff going so I don't end up in the same position I was in the past 2 years. These past 2 weeks have been a blur to me, but I did get EVERYTHING caught up and in order so I'm good. That's a huge weight off my shoulders. I've also been watching with great worry that situation in Thailand with the military coup. Tanks rolling through the streets in the tourist areas where I've been. We've got a family friend there now and we don't know his status. I hope he stays out of harms way and returns home safely. Oooh, we finally got to take the boat out and do a little fishing. Didn't see many fish but we saw a HUGE pod of dolphins. It was AWESOME!!! Me and Michael got seasick for a short time when the boat was stopped in the middle of the ocean, but I got to drive the boat and make it go FAST so the seasickness was forgotten :lol:

Angie :hug: I'd love to have Brit come to Hawaii and meet some real polynesian local tough girls. Maybe they could wise her up a bit ;) Maybe I could send one over to be your bodyguard when Brit comes home. Just playing with ya, you know I love ya right? Glad you had a super weekend with the kids, and cw's right--you guys deserved that.

Hey Red :wave: Congratulations on the promotion, hope the $$$ makes up for the headache. And I like your advice to Cal...yup, don't let up on our youth--they become the people in charge later in life.

cw, I wanted to say BRAVO for stepping it up and doing your WW challenge. I am in limbo right now...the weight is creeping back up slowly, while not as quickly as the last time around, it is coming back up. My clothes don't lie. I haven't been able to get the mindset to get back on track. Hopefully something someone does around here will inspire me--or maybe I will just take pictures of myself to give myself a dose or reality :lol: I am praying for a smooth recovery for your dad.

Cal, what's up with those uninvolved parents? I wonder what would happen if the principal just up and wrote a letter stating that if they don't show up to the next meeting the kid will be demoted to a lower grade? Hang in there for him, you may be all he's got :hug: Thanks for asking about Michael. He's enjoying school so far. I dunno about his teacher though...or the other 2nd grade teacher. They're both new to the school and so far, the homework that's been coming home is nowhere near as challenging as I'd think it should be. I don't know how to approach this yet. I also wrote a letter to the principal last night about how extremely frustrated I am about how the school does not enforce the traffic patterns and parking rules they set. It has been a nightmare doing after school pickup. I have yet to hear back from her.

Hey Dips :wave: Study hard girl, and there will be a kick@ss job at the end of this. :D I told my niece that she has some small (but big) boot prints to fill over in Ft. Jackson since you were there. Hopefully they will drill some sense into her head, God Bless her. I would be so proud if she came out as level headed as you did.

Hey Julie, if you're out there, are you following the story on Dog the Bounty Hunter? I don't think the US should give him up (i don't think Hawaii should have to give up Leland either :devil: ). He did our nation a huge favor by capturing that stinkin' rich rapist. But we all know how money talks loud and clear right?

Kempy, did you pack up your computer and head off to TX yet? Miss ya.

Well ladies, gotta go get some dinner. I'll try and pop in tomorrow. Have a good night.

angieME
09-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Good Morning girls!!

Red, How is your throat feeling today? I hate colds and it is that time of year again. I hope you feel better soon. How is the new promotion going?

CW, That is cool that you are restarting WW. You can do it!! Hows it going so far? She pleaded not guilty in court so that her probation officer could buy some time for the hospital to diagnose her with something so that we can make her probation rules fit her better. As of yesterday her diagnosis is severe depression with insomnia. They started her on meds so we can only hope that it helps. She had something happen to her the other night that scared her so bad that I had her tell the counselors and they got her on meds because she doesnt want that to ever happen again. So on the plus side she wants help now.

Noelle, I have never been on a boat so I dont know if I would get seasick. Wouldnt that suck to book a cruise and then find out you get seasick? :lol: I bet that would happen to me. :lol:

Cal, I would send home a letter saying he is demoted in a week either way. Is there anything the school can do or do they need the permission of the parents?

Kempy, Julie, WHERE ARE YOU???

redballoon
09-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Hello there. Noelle, thanks. Unfortunately, the money isn't very much for what I'm expected to do. I took on the job for the craic, as the Irish would say. There will be headaches, people dumping their woes, worries and whatever at my doorstep whenever the urge comes over them...I'm already getting that. But I'm a quick study and already things that were throwing me off balance with a WTF?!?! I'm just taking in stride. I hope we can help get the paper off the ground. It's really on the rocks.

angie, thanks, I feel better although the cold has settled in my chest. It's more tolerable than when I was first getting sick. I'm forcing myself to cut back on exercise. I have a tendency to overdo it and burn out instead of cutting back and then getting better. I have learned something over the years. :lol:

By the way, I've broken through the 70-kg mark for the first time in about two years! That's just under 153 lbs I think and though that's a ton for my 5' 1.5" height, it's better than the +13 lbs that were on me before!!! :barf:

calnative
09-23-2006, 02:22 AM
Well, we're already starting to get ready for parent conferences; they are the 4, 5, and 6th of Oct. The 6th is our last day before fall break....we have 2 weeks off then.

Angie: I'm glad to hear that Brit may get the help she needs with this diagnosis. I sure wish her, and you, the best. That kid we want to demote should never have been passed to begin with. Unfortunately, someone lost the paperwork from last year. (We do have new administrators and they are still trying to figure out where everything is). If we could find the paperwork, it will be easy to put him back because we had already determined that anyway. The teachers have the final say. If the parents want to fight it, they must go through the school board at the district leverl. We have another meeting with the parents set up for Monday. We'll see.

Red: I certainly hope you start feeling better soon. I hate to hear that you are feeling down. :hug:

It's late right now. I'll check back tomorrow to see see if anyone is around.

Cal

angieME
09-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Hi guys!! I am down 1.1 pounds this week. I am surprised because I used alot of my flex points last Saturday when we went out and I have been bloated all this week up until probably yesterday. I am sure I will have to use quite a few today as well because Brit got a pass to go out for the day with us.

Red, Great job on your weight loss!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! I am 5'2". I think Noelle is also. We are a short bunch! :lol:

Cal, Good luck with the parents. Can you believe that it is almost October already? Wow time sure is flying!

redballoon
09-24-2006, 06:03 AM
cal, thanks. I'm feeling better today. The cold is still with me but I forced myself to ride and, as always, just feel so much better mentally/emotionally that I think it gives me a boost physically.

angie, thanks so much for the congrats. You're so sweet. :love: And three cheers to YOU for the weight loss! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: Keep it going and good luck with your day with your daughter. Remember, calm even within the storm! ;)

angieME
09-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Hi guys. Jay stayed home with me today so I am just going to pop on real quick to say hi. :lol:

melekalikimaka
09-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Good morning ladies......gotta get to work, Michael gets out of school @ 11 a.m. so very short day for me. Have a great Monday. Be back later.

Ang, enjoy your day w/Jay (I know you will). :D

angieME
09-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi guys!!! Brit called and said that the counselors at the hospital told her that she may be able to come home on Friday after our team meeting. We will see what happens at the meeting I guess. I will let ya know.

We have 11 1/2 weeks until vacation!! Yeah!!! I know it is still a bit away but I am so ready and I hope these weeks fly right by. Jay took the fifth wheel out for a ride yesterday. He asid it handled nicely.

So what the heck is going on with everyone? I miss you guys!! I emailed kempy to see how they were coming with the big move but she never emailed me back so maybe they are already moving. I hope she comes back after they get settled. I dont know what happened to Julie, I guess she missed our birthday wishes too.

It has been chilly here this week. The leaves are starting to fall but they havent really gotten bright like the pics I posted a few years back. I hope they still do because I LOVE seeing the leaves change.

Well, that is about all I got to blab about. Miss you guys!

Noelle,

melekalikimaka
09-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi ladies, just taking a break from work.... I went to Michael's parent-teacher conference today and got his report card. He's doing really well academically but the teacher noted that he is very high-energy and even suggested perhaps we get him tested for ADHD--which I was taken aback a little. I guess after the past 2 years of his teachers and doctor telling me that he is NOT (when I was the one searching for an answer to his fidgeting and motor-mouth), then this one suggesting he may be. *sigh* I know ADHD has no reflection on intelligence but it still bothers me that my child may be "labeled" as something other than "normal". Rick says I shouldn't be so freaked out about it, just that Mikey's behavior is that of a 7 y.o. boy. :lol: Oh yeah, and that he has atrocious handwriting (like his father!). I was reading up on symptoms of ADHD and came upon the adult symptoms--and then EUREKA--that's what I have! :lol: No wonder my boy is the same :rolleyes: But anyway, just sitting back right now and trying to absorb the discussion I had w/his teach... Cal, any thoughts?

Angie, Michael them are out of school after tomorrow so I don't know if I'm going to have to bring him to work w/me or not. I'm hoping that Brit cooperates and follows the rules so she can come home to you guys and get on with her life. Good luck to you both. :hug: Are you guys planning on maybe taking a weekend venture out with the 5th wheel when the kids are out on break?

Anyway, hi to EVERYONE. Come out and chat and liven this place up a bit, please? :D Have a great evening.

melekalikimaka
09-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Hey ladies (ANGIE :wave: )... I wonder where everyone's gone. I went and got a flu shot this morning, then spent the day with my sister. She is enjoying a week off after quitting her job, then will start a new job next week. We picked up Michael from school, had lunch then went and caught a movie. Then just basically laid around the house during what was left with the afternoon. Mike is off for 2 weeks THEN I am on vacation :dancer:

Angie, I talked to Rick about getting Michael tested, he said NO for now so :shrug:. If he keeps learning at the rate he is going, we will leave it alone unless his teacher says he is being too disruptive for her liking. She says it doesn't "bother" her too much--but why would she mention it unless it did? I dunno what to do. Is Corey otherwise keeping up with his classmates as far as learning?

Hmmm, after you mentioning your floors, I want to rip out this ugly old linoleum(?) type flooring we have downstairs. It is from the early 70's (I actually remember it being put it in!). I'm thinking either a commercial grade one-piece vinyl or either laminate flooring. I would love bamboo flooring but we don't have enough spare stock at the shop to do the whole area... decisions decisions :lol:

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and keep Angie company. :hug: ;) Have a great evening. :wave:

calnative
09-28-2006, 02:08 AM
Just a quick post to let you know that I'm still here. We are getting ready for conferences next week and things have been a bit hectic.
Noelle: I kind of go along with Rick about having the boy tested. I think he may be right about Michael being a normal 7 y.o. boy. The teacher may have mentioned it to you so you could watch how he is at home; if he exhibits the some of the same behaviors that she is seeing at school; and if he does, you may be able to come up with something to help him out when he's expected to sit still and pay attention in class. Just a thought.
Angie: I do check the posts when I have time, but I don't always have time to post myself. Believe me when I say that I look forward to reading them; they always give me a lift.
Just one more week and we will be off for 2 weeks. Oct 6 is our last day. I think I may be taking Ashley to Disney for her birthday on Oct 13. Still thinking about it right now. I did take her to the Cheetah Girls concert last weekend; she loved it. It was so great to see how happy she was to see them, and also to see Hannah Montana (we even saw her outside by the tour busses).
Have a great rest of the week everyone.

Cal

angieME
09-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Hi Cal and Noelle!! :wave:

Noelle, I meant to ask you yesterday how the baby is settling in? OOOHHHH, 2 weeks before your vacation. You must be getting so excited. I bet you guys will have a blast. Are you going back for new Years too?

Corey could keep up with his class if he wanted too but he is always acting up so his grades do suffer but we know he is More than capable.

I want to rip out the carpets in our bedrooms and put down more of the laminate flooring we have in the livingroom. We are planning on doing it sometime this winter when we are slow. I am ready to do it now after Tyson puked all over my rug at 12:30 in the morning the other morning. I was so mad!! :lol:

Cal, My kids get a week off on the 6th too. I am looking forward to that. :lol: :rofl: hahaha. Oops, I couldnt even type that with a straight face. haha

angieME
09-29-2006, 06:59 AM
Good Morning guys!! We are off to the team meeting to see if Brit should come home. Wish Us Luck!!!:crossed:

melekalikimaka
09-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Happy Friday ladies :wave: The neighbor's dog woke me up with it's incessant barking. It's before 5 a.m. and I shot an email off to the Humane Society. The poor dog is tied in the backyard with a 4' leash and only has a small sheet of plywood above it's head--it's not even enough shelter so when it rains (which it is doing now) it gets wet and it starts barking and howling and no one does sh*t about it. I so hate ignorant pet owners. :mad:

Angie, :crossed: :hug: good luck with your meeting today. I hope Brit can come home with you guys, I'm sure she'd welcome the change as well. Thanks for your input about the ADHD issue. Good to know that I'm not the only one. BTW, the baby is doing good. It was funny because my sis and BIL took her to NY to visit the other set of grandparents and family for 2 weeks. When they came back, the baby was great with everyone in our house except for my dad. She would hide her face or cry whenever he would come around. Turns out she really liked her NY grandpa, and probably realized "hey, that's not him! We love her to death she's so cute. I didn't realize how fun it is to have a little baby around. uh-oh :bb:.... tick tick tick tick,is my clock ticking again? :lol:

Cal, thanks for your input as well, I'm sure you see cases of it alot at work. I am feeling more secure now with our "just wait and see" approach. I am smiling reading about Ashley's concert experience--I can just imagine how happy she was to see one of her favorite performers. And Disneyland! I am turning green :lol: You are a great mom, would you like to adopt me please? :lol:

Man, I'm tired, I'm gonna try to grab a few more winks. Chat w/ya later.

melekalikimaka
09-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Hey ladies, we are heading out on the boat to do some night fishing. I wanna see what bites at night. Wish me luck :crossed:

Anyway, got lots planned for the weekend w/some karate tournaments and such, so I may not be around. Have a great one! :wave:

melekalikimaka
10-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Hey ladies, happy(?) Monday.

Angie, I'm so sorry your weekend w/Brit did not turn out how you'd planned. I'm glad you guys stuck to your guns though and brought her right back. This will show her that you guys are the parents and that she can not just do as she likes, I'm sure with time she will realize that it's for her own good. :hug: Maybe she will really buckle down this time to get herself out of there. Good luck with today. Don't worry about the .5 lb fluctuation, it is a minor bump in the road and you will get that off plus more next WI day. You are doing everything right w/WW so it will happen.

We had a busy weekend, fishing on Friday night--we didn't catch anything, although some flying fished jumped into the boat (that was funny!). Then the lights on the deck were acting funny so we had to cut the trip short--it's pretty scary and dangerous being on a boat in just the moonlight. Saturday I took Michael to Toys R Us to get a pokemon character loaded onto his gameboy (stood in line for 1-1/2 hours!) and yesterday was his and Rick's karate tournament. Mikey took 3rd place in his individual event for his age group so that was great. Rick took some hard knocks in his sparring event but he was up against a black belt so it was all a learning experience. The sensei nominated him for a "spirit" award and he got a nice engraved plaque for his efforts. I also caught some movies but it all seems a blur now...

I'm counting down to my Vegas vacation....only 10 more days! :carrot:

Well ladies, hope more of you can pop in and say hi. Hope you all have a great Monday.

angieME
10-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Hi Noelle. Well, the counseling session yesterday sucked!! I left there mad and depressed. They pretty much are looking for any sort of an excuse for her behavior and now it is my fault. The whole meeting was basically all about me. I am not going to do any more counseling now. I am not to blame for her bullshi#. She can do all the counseling she wants but I refuse to sit there and get blamed for everything when I have done the best job I can. I am so upset now that I can cry at the drop of a hat. I hate that feeling.

Me, Jay and the twins went leaf peeping this weekend. I took a few pics. It was fun to do. We go from our house up to Jackman and back down through Bingham and it is such a pretty route. It is all water and mountains. Jay says the trees look like fruity pebbles. :lol:

Well, I should get moving today.

calnative
10-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Just wanted to say hello before heading off to school. This is our last week and it is soooooo busy!! Today is our last full day; the rest of the days this week are 1/2 days because of parent/teacher conferences.
Hope everyone's day is great.

Angie: I'm sorry about the counseling. It seems more and more that there's always someone else or something else that is at fault for people's behaviors; it seems that personal responsibility is forgotten. :hug: I know you are a great mom; I've met you and I saw it.

Noelle: I'm glad you had fun fishing. When will you be in Vegas? I never get up there, but my nephew moved to Henderson 2 weeks ago. My sis wants to go see him and she asked me if I want to go as well. I don't think I will, but we'll see.

Hello to everyone else.

Cal

angieME
10-04-2006, 01:23 PM
I started a new thread. I hope to see you there!!