Support Groups - Crafters Incorporated--Sept/Oct

View Full Version : Crafters Incorporated--Sept/Oct

Cheryl120
09-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Hi all you Crafty Ladies...Here's our new hang out for the next couple of months.

Cheryl

Cheryl120
09-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Morning Ladies...

Faye...I'm so sorry to hear that Jack has to have a double bypass, but so thankful they found the blockage.

Money is always an issue, but they can't squeeze blood out of a turnip!! Take care of Jack and yourself and try not to worry about anything, it will all fall into place.

Wish I could give you a great big hug, but here's one through cyber space((((:hug: )))).

Rosey...Sounds like you know what Faye is going through. Jim has been pretty healthy except for his diabetis and getting bowel obstructions cause by previous abdominal surgeries.

Never made it here yesterday. I had my 6 month check up/teeth cleaning with the dentist. It's never a good day, I have had such bad experiences with Dentist that it really stresses me. I have sensitive teeth, so my mouth hurts after a cleaning and I have a death grip on the chair during the process, so my hands/fingers hurt also. The good side, no cavities.:D

Fall is sure in the air here, what a difference a week makes. Had to close the windows this morning, I was cold! Thought I would never say that after our very hot, muggy summer. Not complaining, I welcome it with open arms!!!! The start of Labor Day weekend, we are going to be in the 60's with rain. Hope it holds off, so the girls and I can get the yard mowed.

Jim goes in for another therapy session this morning and I need to get some grocery shopping done since this is payday and get the car filled with gas. Gas prices are down to 2.75, so we are very happy to see that. We were 3.00 last week. They say heating oil has not gone done, so I need to call and see how much it is and get locked in for a price in case it starts to rise. Hope it is another mild winter by North Dakota standards!

Well, the school bus will be here soon and I need to get Jim up and moven. Have a good day ladies.:hug:

Oh! I was down a pound yesterday.:D Switching to the core plan is working better for me.

Cheryl

Cheryl120
09-04-2006, 12:44 AM
Evening Ladies...Just dropping by for a quick Hello. Pretty busy weekend so far for just staying home. Was hoping to get the yard mowed, but it has rained the last couple of days. It is suppose to be nice tomorrow, so maybe we will get to it. Had a friend over yesterday that wants to learn to quilt. Showed her how to cut her fabric. So she was busy doing that while I finished sewing for the quilt I'm working on. I'm almost ready to start doing the final cutting before I start putting the quilt together. Well it is getting late, so think I will head off to bed.

Cheryl

gma22
09-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Hey Cheryl, hope you are having a nice day. Our group seems to be pretty absent and a lot. What's with that?

We have been trying to get some chores done that I can't do like put some stuff up in the attic, shampoo carpets upstairs (I have trouble getting the big shampooer dragged upstairs) etc. Like Jack says, this whole thing is surreal and he said he is still feeling like, he is going to wake up from a dream and realize he doesn't have to have this done. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

I have been working on SB menus and a shopping list for the end of this week. I have to stay on a strict budget with this surgery mess though so I can't buy a lot of expensive stuff and the stuff I buy has to last and I have to EAT it if I buy it. No wasting stuff. I hate going back to being like this where I have no money to just spend a few bucks if I want to. We did that for 30 years and it was no fun. Hopefully, we can get this done by the end of Sept and by the first part of December he will be up and at em and ready to go back to work again.

I need to run and get chores done ladies. Lots to do today

Faye

akrosey49
09-04-2006, 04:04 PM
morning everyone.. the sun's shining today.. i was sure tired of all the rain we have had this summer.. im a hunting widow meaning my hubby has gone to the cabin to moose hunt.. an annual event for us.. hes crazy about hunting..that gives me some "me" time and im queen of my domain:queen: :rofl: :queen: kinda nice for afew days but then im lonesome.. my dd knows how i feel and surprized me last night with chinese take out and a new water color paper tablet and the brushes i needed as a just becuz i "luv" gift ( ive wanted to try watercoloring but didnt have the right paper and with the dh gone its a perfect time to try).. shes so sweet and i was feeling some blue..we chatted for awhile and it was nice..Faye.. i dont know where everyone else is.. ive been posting in 3fc's for several yrs now and people come and go.. it makes me sad and annoyed at the same time as u just get to know someone and like them alot and then puff they are gone.. but we dont know really whats going on in there lives so i just miss them .. in the mean time im here and you are here and cheryl is here..sry you are pinching pennies.. i have to do that all the time as we are on a fixed income and if im not careful on pay day we are broke for the next 3 weeks:?: i plan on working on my card order today and then try to paint.. ill let you know how i do.. i can see what i want but making my hand do it is another story; i have watched a show on pbs called painting wild places and got me inspired..anyways ladys have agreat day and give your smile away to a stranger today as that just might be thats persons ray of sun((((:hug: ))) rosey :wave:

Cheryl120
09-04-2006, 05:19 PM
A Good Afternoon to you all,:hug: ...I got up early and decided to go up and sew while everyone was sleeping. Got to do that for 3 hours before the gang decided to get up. I all done with the sewing for now, I'm ready to start pressing and doing the final cutting. It's a very lazy Larbor Day for us. Hubby and I have already taken an afternoon nap. Feel asleep while watching a movie, guess we needed it.

Faye...I have to really follow a budget even now. Jim get's paid once a month, just like the military. We do get foster pay on the 12th, but I don't like to relie on it. I buy all our meat at Sam's Club, bring it home and rewrap it for just amount we need for each meal. I plan out all my menu's and write them on my calender. I always have staples to fall back on like macaroni, beans, rice and ect... I can always throw together a quick soup or stew with the staples.
Bet you will be glad when next week is finaly here and Jack's surgery is behind you. Everything will turn out fine and we are praying for you both.

It seems like we have really slowed down on this thread. I'm hoping after this holiday, that we will see a few more come back. I know that Linda is working on a project for work, and I do n't know what happen to Brandy. Oh well, we are here.:D

Rosey...How sweet of your daughter to bring you watercolor paper and brushes. How did it turn out? Jim is jealous that your Hubby is moose hunting! I have never eaten moose, but I love elk, deer and bear.

Well girl's, I need to do a few more post at other sites. Have a good day.

Cheryl

gma22
09-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Good morning girls! I was going to stay in bed for an extra hour or so, but the dog came upstairs and was doing his little woof woof so I would get out of bed and put him up on the bed (our bed is really high and I bought him doggy stairs but he is afraid of the stupid things) I also heard Jack leave for work (we have a wrought iron storm door and when the weather cools it slams when you go out it) so I decided I would just get up and get around.

I did a lot of cleaning yesterday while Jack was shampooing the living room carpet so all I have to do today downstairs is mop the floors. I plan on doing most of the upstairs tomorrow then on Thursday I can tackle the pantry and clean out the fridge to get ready to go on SBD after I go to the commissary on Saturday.

Keep the prayers coming. I hover over Jack like a vulture. I ask him a 100 times a day if he is feeling ok. He has become really quiet, which isn't like him and I know he dwells on this, but there is not much I can do. I at least have the finances in order I think.

Cheryl: We also live on a budget, but since Jack went to work for the city, our income tripled so I was able to buy things as I wanted them etc instead of running out of money before the next payday. We lived like that for 30 years. Believe me, I can do miracles with money if I have to and went into my budget spreadsheet and fixed everything so it was paid up until Dec using the money we have, the money he will earn before he goes in for surgery, our Navy retirement and the one month of mortgage by dd and sil are going to cover. We feel very fortunate money wise now. When we moved down here Jack's income at his last job was $1700 a month GROSS and he makes more than that in one paycheck now with the city. We thank God for what he has given us and allowed us to have.

Rosey: Hope you are having fun with your presents. I have also thought about trying to learn to paint, but I never have followed through with it. Jack has a friend that is a big hunter. I am getting on my :soap: on this one. I find nothing wrong with hunting or fishing if you are planning on EATING what you hunt or fish etc. I think it is deplorable when people sport hunt. It is like kids taking bb guns and shooting innocent birds in my opinion. I hope I am not stepping on toes, but it is a sore spot with me when people take guns, bows and arrows, etc and shoot animals because it is fun to do. I know your hubby is almost assuredly one that hunts and uses his kill as does my husband's friend. We are not wild game people, but we have had some deer sausage and I had a friend who made steak fingers from deer and they tasted pretty good. I had something at the Bellagio in Las Vegas at their buffet that was an ususual meat, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Boy I am getting old! :lol:

Well, I need to put dishes away out of the dishwasher and get these darn floors mopped. I will be so glad when we have the money and can start getting our wood floors put in, but that is going to have to wait until late next year now.

Have a super day girls!

Faye

akrosey49
09-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Morning ladys.. still quiet around here.. havent started the painting yet tho..i have my nose in a good book..not much housework to do either with just me here:carrot: i hate housewrk anyways..about the hunting.. alot of people feel as you do Faye..let me say we are not those kind of hunters.. we use what we take and share with our kids.. we smoke, can process and have suasage etc made from the moose if we are lucky to get one..and we eat it all..hunting is alot of hard work but my dh loves to be in the woods and enjoys the process..hes hunted since he was a teen..we have never killed an animal for fun or waste..and i dont like those that do and neither does my husband..but hunting is apart of our life style here in alaska and alot of folks depend on it to supplement there food stashes.. actually we prefer moose to beef...an no u didnt step on my toes..but folks who get really wound up about hunting should think about where those neat packages of meat come from in the stores?.. am sry your hubby has to go thru the surg.. i can imagine how he feels and u too.. when will the surg be done?as far as budgeting im the queen of creative financing.. and can make a $ go along way but my youngest dd is even better than me..i have a well stocked pantry and freezer and when a good sale comes up i buy extra or a case.. plus a full freezer.. when my kids are havinga money squeeze they come and shop at moms:hun:..well ladies not sure whats on mu agenda today but i need coffee:dizzy: ill check in later have agreat day((((((((hugs)))))) rosey :wave:

gma22
09-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Rosey: Boy, I must have made a mess of that explanation. Please don't misunderstand what I said. I am all for hunting if you use the meat, etc. I have no problem with the killing. I believe God put animals on this earth to FEED and clothe us. I just think that people that do it because it is fun to shoot an animal, need to be on the other side of the rifle sight! I think it is sick when people go on Safari so they can hunt Tigers and shoot them or elephants so they can proudly display what they shot. I think there is something wrong with someone who finds it pleasurable to go out into the woods so they can creep up on a deer, shoot it and then cut off its head to put in their trophy room leaving the rest of it to rot on the ground. Even those that go fishing and bring back a fish and instead of eating it, hang the darn thing on the wall of their office so they can say, "I caught that." We have SEVERAL friends who hunt deer, rabbit, squirrel, etc (moose are a little scare in southern TENN, :lol: ) and feed their family and friends with the hunt. It is the sport thing that gets my goat. When I say sport thing, I know your hubby and men and women like him ENJOY hunting. I mean, I don't expect them to hang their heads and complain that they have to take a gun out into the woods. I was just talking about people who ONLY go out to kill an animal for the sport of it. I hope you understand and don't think I was coming down on your hubby for hunting. That is definitely not what I was saying. I agree with you about those that spout off about killing animals but go into a pricey restaurant and sit down to lamb chops, beef whatever. I guess I just think that if you are going to kill an animal at least use it is some way, the skin, the meat, whatever. Don't just go out there and blow it away because it was fun to see the thing keel over making you a big he man or something. I hope you understand what I am saying.

Faye

akrosey49
09-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi Faye.. no offense taken .. i agree with you we hate those kind of hunters to..rosey :wave:

Cheryl120
09-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Evening Ladies...Glad you all had a good weekend. I was so happy to see today get here and the girls back in school. What I thought would be a pretty quite day, wasn't. Had to take Jim to theapy this afternoon, went to lunch and then back home for a quite evening alone. Not to be, got a call from the girls school and they could not be found when they are suppose to be at a volleyball game.
So Jim and I hop in the car and drove the 13 miles to school to look for them. Found them, and they are grounded!!!
I am down another pound to what my ticker says. Doing the happy dance.:carrot: :carrot: Jim got the VHS/DVD player hooked up today, so I can start working out with Richard.

Faye...Glad you got everything worked out money wise before Jack goes in for surgery. Jim is like jack, he is making more money now than he did when we lived in Oregon. I'm pretty tight, I give Jim so much each month to go towards the car we are restoring, put some away for savings/vacation and we are saving to put in new flooring. Took me almost 3 years before I replaced the broken microwave, and now we need a new TV. I will probably put one on layaway at WalMart next week. Will see how the finances are.

Rosey...Jim hasn't hunting in years, but would love too if he had the time and new the area. We have only been in North Dakota 8 years and with the wide open spaces and the weather changing in a blink of an eye. I would hate for him to get caught in a blizzard out in the open. We have in the pass 7 years gotten 5 deer with our car and one raccoon. The raccoon ruin my Audi, knocked the old filter off and froze the engine. The deer have ruin two cars beyond repair and the rest we were able to fix. Out of the five deer, we were only able to keep one. We live on a 10 acre farmstead and have deer that graze in our lower pasture at night. We have a very nice 4 point that visit's nightly and eats the corn. Yummy!!

Well ladies, it's getting late so I best get ready for bed.

Cheryl

gma22
09-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Good morning ladies! I was going to try and sleep in for an hour or so, but when Jack got up I couldn't go back to sleep so I just got up and did my daily chores. Now all I have for cleaning today is to wash out the fridge and freezer and get it all spic and span for company. Do they even make Spic and Span anymore????

Jack has little blips of chest pains to remind him about his surgery, but nothing catastrophic. He had one yesterday that he said came and went in about a second. We have a nice mess again with the insurance. Now the stupid preset dr that issues the referral is refusing to issue one unless Jack goes to his primary care physician and that physician requests it. Jack is pretty hot about it. He was able to get squeezed in on Thursday, but I would make bets he loses his temper. I mean, like he would want his chest ripped open and his heart fooled with if he didn't NEED it? Sheesh!

I am just plodding along trying to get the house spotless for company. Don't know how many people are going to be here and they are going to have to fend for themselves food wise if they don't want SBD food for dinner. I imagine they will eat out a lot, which is fine by me. I can't really afford to feed a ton of people with this tight budget anyway. I sat down and paid bills today and boy my checkbook cried when I was finished. Part of the stuff I have paid through Oct and part just for this month, then the end of this month I will pay another month's on the ones I only paid for Sept etc. We will have full paychecks until Oct 8 than nothing until 2 weeks after he goes back to work so I have to make all this work. The worst is the CCards as you can't pay those darn things ahead. I have a spreadsheet I use that has the bills listed each payday I need to pay then I make an X beside the payment when I send it off. So, I decided I would just subtract the extra ccard payment in my checkbook so I don't use the money, but then don't cross it off until I actually pay it online. It took me about 2 hours to rearrange everything and get it all set up to pay ahead without missing things that aren't paid every month, ie my life insurance, which is paid quarterly or our health insurance which is also paid quarterly. Those are the things I was afraid of forgetting. I went over everything with Jack a couple times and he was sort of my checks and balances that I didn't miss anything.

I am going to fix baked steak in the crockpot tonight with some mashed potatoes and some green beans. When I go on SB on Sunday, no mor potatoes for me, but Jack still eats them.

Well, gals I need to go and start cleaning the fridge shelves etc. You all have a great day today!

Faye

Cheryl120
09-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Afternoon Girls...Just a quick pop-in for now. Had my Weight Watchers weigh in this afternoon and I'm down 4.7 lbs!!!! My scales had me down another pound.
Feels GREAT to move the ticker.:carrot: :carrot: I will be back later to post a longer post.

Cheryl

gma22
09-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Just a quick peek in this morning. I wanted to get my upstairs cleaning finished this morning. I have a bit of a headache (not sleeping and worrying I feel is most of it) so I want to try and get rid of that if I can.

Cheryl: I wouldn't want to have to deal with teenagers again for anything. I don't know how women who have large families every make it through. I have enough with my two making sure I knew where they were and such. That doesn't mean they didn't pull the wool over us once in a while. Any parent that says their kids never tricked them are delusional, but all in all they behaved pretty well. I never got called to the police station or anything like that.

Everyone have a great day and try not to work too hard! I am trying to get the house all ready for company and trying to make sure I don't forget anything. We don't have people here very often so I am a little stressed out about it all.

Faye

akrosey49
09-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey ladies.. sry i have been missing.. ive been sick with a nasty flu bug..chills fever and aches like someone beat me with an ugly stick..im better today just not tip top..cheryl congrats on the loss thats awsome..sry the girls gave u a fright..i was a much better mom to todlers than teens..my girls gave me all my grey hair but you know what they turned out to be the greatest adults so i guess i did something right.. so has anyone had time to do any crafts lately.. my card mess is sitting there waiting for me:?: been to yucky to do anything..did manage to load the dishwasher this am tho.. tomorrow will be better i hope.. anyways have agreat weekend (((((((hugs))))) rosey :wave:

gma22
09-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Good morning gals! Well we had another afternoon of it yesterday. Jack called yesterday morning around lunchtime complaining of the chest pains again. We discussed it and I repeatedly told him that if he felt bad to come home and we would go to the hospital. He finally came home around 1 PM and I took him to the ER. They ran an EKG, blood enzymes and xray and found nothing. His heart sounded good, his bp was good etc. They sent him home with a nitroglycerin derivative saying they thought it might be spasms. We are now thinking it is the niacin he is taking. I contacted my dil who is a pharmacist and ask her is it could be one of the rare side effects to this medicine. He started these pains in June of this year, he started the niacin in February of this year then had the flushing symptoms around the same time as these weird pains started so I am beginning to think it is this medicine. If she says it might be I am talking to the surgeon on Tuesday and finding out for sure.

Rosey: Hope you are feeling better this morning. Sorry you are puny with the flu. Take it easy until you get totally better.

Cheryl: Hope you are doing ok!

I have to go and get some work done. Have a good weekend girls!

Faye

Cheryl120
09-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Good Morning Ladies...Sorry I didn't get a chance to get here yesterday. I had such a terrible headache yesterday afternoon/evening, there was no way I could of looked at a computer screen! My friend came over yesterday morning and I showed her how to start sewing on her quilt, plus a lesson on how to operate her sewing machine. She did really good for her first lesson, and I only made her take out stitched on one strip. While her sewing machine was buzzing away, I was pressing my strips and doing the final cut. I have one quilt ready tom put together and I will finish doing the final cut on the other one today.
Had a lady come out yesterday morning to do the measuring of our kitchen and utility room for new flooring. Jim and I are going to start remodeling the utility room first. Have to put in new sheet rock and have the electrician come out and move the 220 plug in for the dryer to the opposite wall and while we are at it, put in a new window. The flooring will run us around $500 for my little 6X5 room, but I don't care. It will come out cheaper after every thing is done, since we will have less waste of materials.

Faye...I hope you find out what is going on with Jack. Bet it's the medication like you think it is. Raising foster children is very challenging, but also rewarding. They come with so much baggage thanks to their parents and then it is our job to try and get them turned around and become productive, responsible adults. In the 6 years we have been doing this, we have had 13 children in our home, the longest was 25 months till the child was adopted. Think Jim and I will only be doing this for another 2 years, getting tired.

Rosey...Hope you are feeling much better today. Sorry to hear you have the flu.:hug: Please don't send it my way. Boy! we can sure feel fall in the air this morning. Dropping 25 dgrees from our high yesterday to the 60's today and it was 42 when I got up this morning. We are suppose to be 34 for a low tonight. Nice sleeping weather for me.:D

Well gals, I need to get Jim up and fed, he has therapy this morning and back to work this afternoon. Have a good day.

Cheryl

Cheryl120
09-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi Ladies...Not too much going on. Did some machine embroidery this afternoon on a sweatshirt and pants for a customer. After church tomorrow, I plan on getting back to cutting the other quilt so I can start packing for the quilt retreat. Hope you all are having a very nice weekend.

Cheryl

gma22
09-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Good morning ladies! I was going to sleep in until 7 but the dog had other ideas and sat on the floor and barked at me until I got up. I am officially on SBD now, though I haven't had breakfast, exercised or anything. I am making the little individual veggie quiches this morning and then freezing the extras.

Cheryl: When is your quilt retreat? That sounds like it would be fun. I have a friend that lives in Yorktown VA and does quilting and goes to quilting groups etc. She sure does love it. She has a husband that is pretty ill and has been for awhile so she doesn't get to go like she would like because of his care etc.

I am doing a bunch of downstairs cleaning chores today as I didn't get anything but laundry done yesterday. I am still sore in my shoulders, but I am going to do a few weight training exercises this morning to try and get the muscles working. I think it is partly because I haven't exercised in several weeks and put on a bunch of lbs more than likely.

I guess we will know tomorrow exactly what is what. It sure would be nice if the surgeon does the MICS rather than the more involved CABG where they crack the sternum, you are on a heart lung machine, etc. I doubt they will be doing the other procedure so we aren't counting on it. Jack is still having those pains and though they haven't become worse or last longer, he does have a few a day. He is also tiring easier so I know that his heart isn't 100%.

Well gals, I have a lot to do today so I need to get going. Have a great Monday and stay dry. I am hoping we get no more rain today because I have a package laying out by the gate for the postman to pick up and it is already paid for and I don't want the postage label to get wet.

Faye

Cheryl120
09-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Evening Ladies...It's been a very busy afternoon with appointments for the Fd's.
We just got home and it feels good to just sit and relax. Yesterday, I taught my FD how to use the sewing machine and she started working on her quilt. She caught on real fast and did a nice job sewing. This morning I started packing up the sewing machines and the quilt projects for retreat.

Faye...I go to the quilt retreat this weekend. I can hardly wait for Friday to get here. It goes from noon on Friday till noon on Sunday. So far we have 12 ladies that have paid for the weekend. Thursday, I have to get the cake and muffins made for it. I decided to make a Pumpkin Walnut cake for dessert on Sunday. Wednesday, I have to buy the chicken breasts and the hamburger patties. I haven't decided what I'm going to take as a snack to share.

Hope all goes well with Jack's surgery and that you stay strong. We will have you both in our prayers, but especially Jack. It's in God's hands, and I know that Jack will do just fine.

Well, I need to do a few more post before I get to bed. Jim starts the morning shift tomorrow, so I'm up at 4:30 am.

Cheryl

gma22
09-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Morning gals! Well I survived my first day on SBD but have a horrible caffeine withdrawal headache. Nothing helps it either so I just have to hang in there for probably another day. Other than that and being hungry yesterday evening I am fine. I finally went and got a tablespoon of peanut butter and ate it and that helped. Unlike others, I doubt I am totally sugar free because I can't find some cooking things without sugar like tomato sauce etc, but I am not eating or drinking sugar and have cut back as much as I can outside things I can't find to cook with. I imagine I might be able to get them at Wild Oats Market, but it is too expensive for me to buy sf ketchup or sf tomato sauce there. We have to be really tight with money until he goes back to work so I have to keep to my intended budget.

My stupid stove, which is only 4 years old, is going to have to be fixed. I set the self cleaner and when it was finished the door wouldn't unlock. I have error codes and from what I can find out they indicate there is some component that has burned out or some motor or something so that has to wait for another week to get fixed. I can't even afford the service call to my home warranty right now because I have to save the money I have. I don't know how much upfront I am going to have to pay at the hospital. I guess I should go on my insurance website and see. Every other time he was in the hospital it was through ER so we pay nothing. When they scheduled this last cath, it cost us $25 upfront so maybe that is the hospital co-pay. I need to check.

Cheryl: Hope you have fun at your weekend. I will be thinking of you.

Everyone have a good day. I have to get going because today is Jack's surgeon's appt.

Faye

akrosey49
09-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Morning everyone:coffee2: sry i have been mia ..it took me a few days to recover from that flu..i just didnt feel like doing a thing:( then i had to get the guys ready for going to the cabin.. my sil and grson were here and all that male bonding and testosterone was a bit much:dizzy: but they are all hunting now.. my grson is 12 and so excited to hunt with the big guys.. and hes got a bottom less pit of an appetite right now sooooooo i baked him cookies and sent a huge bag of extra munchies just for him..they are suppose to be gone till next sunday un less they get a moose.. my dd and the other grkids are coming thursday so she can take her son back as he can only take 1 week off from school.. the big guys will cont the hunting till they get one or the 20th. in the mean time im enjoying the quiet and working on my crafts..Faye sry about your stove.. i went a whole yr with out an oven once and when i did get it fixed finally it was a 36 cent fuse:( go figure.. hope yours doesnt take that long and good luck with the tests..take care ladies i will check in later (((((((((hugs))))))))) rosey :wave:

gma22
09-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Good morning ladies! Boy, I now have so much cleaning to do and so little time. Jack's surgery is bright and early Monday morning. He has to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM. His surgeon is a peach, young and gorgeous! He went through the whole procedure, showed us where the blockages were (no Minimal invasive though because there are two) and everything else involved. Don't think my dd is thrilled that the doctor is just a few years older than her brother, but I grilled him about how long he has been doing this, his training about how many he has done etc. We are very satisfied with him and he said with Jack's overall excellent health there is only about a 1% risk of stroke, or bad complications or death. They will use his two mammary arteries instead of taking anything from his leg because the dr says they are very strong and practically last forever so it would be unlikely he would have to go in and have them replaced somewhere down the line. Jack's sister will be here early Saturday evening so I have to contend with her for several days. She is such a royal pain. I am glad she is bringing her younger dd though as I like her a lot. We talked to our son and we don't know whether he is going to be able to come down here or not. It is going to interesting to cook with no oven. I am planning mostly crockpot meals as I can stick them on in the morning and everything will be ready to eat when we get home in the evenings. It is either eat modified SB food or go out to eat. I don't really care which they do. I can't afford to eat out and need to eat at home so that is what I will do except for lunch and I think I will just take something with me to eat for lunch in Jack's room each day. I pray that his sister only stays until like Wed then goes home. I would imagine Jack will be in the hospital until Friday.

I have 4 to do lists stickied to my computer desk. A lot of it is last minute before his sister gets here. I can't tell you girls how much I am dreading having her here. She is knowledgeable because she is a cardiac care nurse manager but she is pushy and a know it all and Jack won't have the strength to tell her to stop. I am just going to hold my tongue for the days she is here. He is her only sibling, their parents are dead and this will be only the third time she has seen him in 17 years because she lives in Texas. She has always been jealous of me because I "have" her brother. She was jealous of my son when he was born and once years ago went with me to the store and ask if she could push him around (he was a baby about 8 months old at this time.) I said ok and a few minutes later finally found her talking to a nun telling this woman my son was HERS! When her brother left for overseas the first time and he parked me with his parents for 6 months (btw, I didn't KNOW these people and had only met them once) the night before he left to fly to California than to leave we ask his mom to watch Jay and were going to go out to dinner. His sister asked to come (now you have to understand, this wasn't a kid, in fact she is 6 months older than I am) and when Jack said no we wanted to be alone she threw a temper tantrum and said "Why can't I come, you belong to me more than you belong to her." I will never forget that as long as I live.

Anyway, I need to start on morning chores. I am going to get outside and get a good walk in this morning so I need to get done what I can before I go out.

Have a good day ladies.

Faye

Cheryl120
09-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Rosey...So glad that you are feeling better. I'm soooo jealous that you get to spend time with your grandchildren.:p I miss mine sooooooo much. We had a guy in Minnesota that hit a very large moose and lived to talk about it. The car is a total loss and the moose is dead, but he walked away from it.

Faye...I hear you about the sister-in-law, only mine was a mother-in-law. Jim and I were married 18 years when she passed away and she never stepped foot in our home. It has taken me many years asking God to help me forgive her, but I'm finally at peace. It was her loss. Don't stress the small stuff the next couple of days. Will have Jack in my prayers, as well as you on Monday.

Girls, I have been on the run with the FD's for the last couple of days. They have gotten into so much trouble the last couple of days and are grounded. I'm off to my retreat, so I will see you on Sunday afternoon.

Cheryl

gma22
09-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Good morning ladies. Well Jack is off to work. He has today and tomorrow and that is it for about 6-8 weeks. He had one of his "flushing" incidents from his niacin this morning. He turned bright red and said his body was tingling like bugs crawling all over him. I told him to sit and wait until it past just in case so he did. I have been awake since 1 AM having had a nightmare and not being able to sleep after that so I am pretty tired this morning. I have a lot to do though so I am going to get it done and then nap if there is time. I put a couple cornish game hens with rotisserie seasoning in the crockpot for dinner. I had to remove the skin from mine for SB and good thing they are a tight fit as my just flopped open since she didn't have any skin to hold her together! I could have tied her all up, but when I put them in side by side they fit tight enough I didn't have to do that. I always put about 1/2 can ff chicken broth in the bottom so I have good basting juices.

My sil should be here Sunday evening and you know how I am looking forward to it. I can hold anything together for the sake of Jack. Not that he would care. I am sure he wished I would stand up to his sister, but I don't feel causing bad feelings helps anything when the person you say something to won't see it constructively anyway, you know? He told me last night that he is going to tell the family he wants a few minutes alone with me before he goes in and that I am the first face he wants to see when he opens his eyes. Actually, that will probably be a nurse because of the ICU visiting hours. His surgery is at 7:30, takes about 4 hours, then it be another couple hours until he is ok enough to see him in ICU, but the ICU hours are 9-10, 12-1, 5-6PM, 8:30-9PM. I think with the surgery time and all I will miss the 12-1 so will have to wait until evening to see him. Once I know he is ok, I may come home and let the dog out etc and maybe get everyone to come here for a bite of early dinner before heading back at 5. I plan on putting a roast and carrots in the crockpot with a beef broth gravy and then heating up a couple cartons of those premade mashed potatoes. I'll put the cat up for the hour we are gone and then leave the mess and clean it up at 6 then go back at 8:30 for the half hour. It is going to be interesting because besides myself, there can only be one other person visiting at a time so they are going to have to take turns. In this instance I am going to be totally selfish and stay with my husband. They can just come in a visit for a couple minutes then go out and let someone else come in.

I am doing well on SB and am determined not to weigh until Monday. I haven't had any cravings at all but the caffeine withdrawal was bad. My only thing is getting in enough veggies per day. I don't like a huge variety of vegetables so I do try and get some of it in with like tomato juice in the morning and such.

Everyone have a great day and take care of yourselves.

Faye

Princsstrish
09-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

Was wondering if I could join your group. check out my blog, let me know.

http://princsstrish.blogspot.com

gma22
09-18-2006, 05:50 AM
Welcome Trish! You are going to feel like of lonely for a day or so. Cheryl is on a quilt retreat and my husband is having open heart surgery this morning so I probably won't be in here at all this week as I will be residing at the hospital! I appreciate your prayers for him. We are pretty scared of course!

I will talk to everyone asap

Faye

Cheryl120
09-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Evening ladies...I had a wonderful time at the quilt retreat and didn't want to come home. I tried to stay on program and i think I did pretty good. I haven't stepped on the scales, but will do that in the morning. I have weight watchers tomorrow, but it depends on how I feel. Came home to one of the girls sick with the flu and I don't feel so great tonight.

Welcome Princess!!!! Of course you can join us, the more the merrier. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Faye...Hugs to you and Jack.:hug: Hope that surgery went well.

See you gals in the morning.

Cheryl

akrosey49
09-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Morning ladies.. cold and rainy here this am.. i had a real busy weekend with the dd's and grkids..im finally rested up today..cheryl glad your retreat was fun...its nice to indulge ourselves in the things we love isnt it..hope the flu goes away from your house..faye((((((:hug: ))))))))) i am thinking of you and hope you dh has made it thru surg and is on the mend and that you are weathering the stress well..welcome trish the more the better..what crafts do you do? well ladies i need to get back to my card order.. im about 1/3 done.. have agreat day((((((((hugs)) rosey :wave:

Princsstrish
09-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

thanks for letting me in :)

So, let's see, my work in progress(WIP) list is LONG!!!!!! currently I'm trying to finish up 2 doilies for swaps. then I have to finish up an afghan for my aunt. Then next up will be...hmmm maybe a baby blanket? My "sister in law" is having a baby this weekend....heheh she's being induced Friday. They didn't know the sex of the baby so I've been waiting to make things cuz I just hate green or yellow for everything. There are so many more projects that are half finished too. I'll get to them all someday. But I have yarn coming in for other projects. LOL

Have a good Wednesday everyone. Biggest Loser starts on TV tonight!!!

Cheryl120
09-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Evening Ladies...I'm home today with the stomache flu and have spent most of the day sleeping or in the bathroom.:( I did weigh myself this morning and I was up one pound, not bad considering all the food that was at the retreat.

Trish...Sounds like you are one busy lady. I use to do that, but now my passion is quilting. I just finished making a quilt for my new grandson due next month. It's off at the quilters and I just made a twin size quilt at the retreat I was at this past weekend for my granddaughter.

Rosey...Sounds like you are busy also and enjoying the grandkids. Did your hubby get a moose?

Girl's here are the pictures of the quilts. The first and the last one is of the kids quilt. The second one is made out of my scraps and is of star's and four patches. I made it for my sister-in-law. The third is the quilt I made at retreat last year. It's stars also and I made it for a girl we consider a daughter.

Princsstrish
09-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Cheryl - Those are beautiful! I just bought my first quilting kit, it's a cute little snoman thingy, wall hanging, just to try. I have always loved quilts and can't wait to try my own. if I can work on my current WIP!!! :)

gma22
09-21-2006, 08:02 AM
I thought I would actually say hello in person this morning as I don't have to start some meal for tonight this AM and actually have a few minutes to myself. I have been on the go and cleaning, doing tons of laundry and cooking on top of everything and though they have been nice while here, not really helpful so I am hoping they might go home tomorrow, Saturday at the latest. Jay and Alicia aren't going to come down for a couple weeks so I might be able to get the condo back in order. {{{{SHUDDER}}}} they are clutterers and you know how I am about clutter!

I got about 5.5 hours of sleep last night, the most in the whole week, so I do feel better. Jack made me come home from visiting yesterday afternoon and take a nap because I had run out of steam.

He is doing well. We stayed about 2 hours last night until his Percocet kicked in. His nurse was atrocious and I have a feeling the nurse manager is going to get a piece of my sil's mind this morning. They have repeatedly told him NOT to let the pain get out of hand before asking for medication. When he started hurting last night, he rang for pain meds and she didn't show up until 20 minutes later and by then he was in full blown pain. It was in pill form so that is another 30 minutes of pain before it kicks in. Then we asked for a urinal because he had to go to the bathroom and I had to get him up and hold him at the toilet because she didn't show up with it. Lastly, when I took him to the bathroom I noticed his swan catheter hole (this is a big catheter they put in the neck that has about 5 leads coming out of it for all his drips) was bleeding around the bandaid so I told my sil to get her to come look at it. She came back with this stuff they used and SCRUBBED IT like an old washer woman because some of the blood had dried. You could see it was agony for him and my sil said totally unnecessary because the stuff she was using had lanolin and was made for that sort of thing.

He will probably be home this weekend, which I know he is looking forward to. I told him to think how sexy he is going to be to all those girls at the pool in Vegas with his scar now. He said he would wear a tshirt and I told him NO HE WOULDN'T. I told him there is nothing to be ashamed of because of that scar and he didn't have to hide it. I told him I thought it gave him that kind of sexy big bad Frankenstein quality and I like it.

Well, I am going to try and speak directly to a couple more people.

Take care and talk again soon.

Faye

Cheryl120
09-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Morning Ladies...I feel so much better this morning, think I will actually get something done today. I want to go out for a walk before the rain hits later on today. Suppose to rain and be much cooler for the next couple of days.

Faye...I'm so happy to hear that Jack is doing good and will be home by the weekend. I know you can't wait to get him home and take care of him yourself.
There is no excuse for that kind of treatment he is receiving. Let your sil speak her mind to the nurses, you just take care of Jack. Tell Jack to wear his scare as a badge of honor. He's still here on the planet earth and it could of been a lot worse. This surgery has just given him much more time with you and the family. Hugs to you both.:hug:

Trish...Glad to hear you are going to try quilting. I find it very relaxing and it helps relieve my stress from the froster daughters. My advice is get your self a good rotory cutter, mat and good sissors. I also have a 1/4 inch sewing foot for my machine. Press, press, press is the key to anything turning out right, and enjoy and have fun doing it. Quilting also keeps me from eating. My fingers/hands are busy sewing and not putting food in my mouth.

Have a good day and I'll check back later on tonight.

Cheryl :hug:

gma22
09-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Just a short check in this afternoon. Jack is sleeping right now as I gave him a percocet about half an hour ago so he could exercise. He walked to the end of the condo garages and back, which is pretty good. He also climbed the stairs, bathed by himself and came back down them today so he got some good exercise. He is now able to expand his chest and deep breathe without pain or coughing. He is doing phenomenally well with it all and his scar is healing nicely.

The company went home thank goodness. I had to grocery shop this morning and cart it all in by myself and put it all away. It was a nice visit and I think I finally got through to the woman that I am a NICE person and really loved her brother. They were total slobs though and I cooked and cleaned up 2 meals a day for a whole week along with doing all the linen laundry and even a load of their clothes plus all the running back and forth to the hospital. My house was a wreck when they left because they are pretty slobby so I have been cleaning all the downstairs today and have all the cleaning done except for mopping floors and shampooing the dining room (my poor yorkie acted out by peeing everywhere in there) which I am going to do tomorrow. I am pretty pooped but except for trying to catch up laundry and get the beds remade with new linen I am done for the day. Well, I am going to cook us dinner later too.

I am going to brag a little bit on my son. They have been unable to come down and will be coming the first week of Oct I think. My birthday is next Thursday and I got a birthday card and check from them. I have to tell you, with all that I have been through, the exhaustion, cooking, cleaning, entertaining, and hospital stuff, this just made all that go away. Here is what he wrote on my card:

"Mom, You are so beautiful and kind. I know now that many of the qualitites I have looked for in people I first saw in you. I couldn't have asked for a better mother and I cherish the time we are able to spend together. I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Your loving son, Jay." Good bless him, he was just what I needed!

have a good Saturday gals!

Faye

akrosey49
09-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey everyone.. am so glad to here your hubby is home and doing so well Faye..sry you have so much on your "duty" list but what your son wrote was beautiful..hang in there..have been using my puter as a crafting tool..printing quotes in diff scripts to use in my card making..im about 1/3 done with this order.. its cold and windy here today and i can smell snow in the air:?: im not ready for that..am going to bingo tonite with mydaughter hope im a winner..have agreat weekend everyone ((((hugs))))) rosey :wave:

gma22
09-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Good morning girls! We are trying to set up a routine so we aren't completely mixed up with days and nights since we will be in the house so much for the next few weeks and Jack sleeps so much with the meds. I continue to try and get my cleaning done, but yesterday I was exhausted. I had to go to the commissary to get groceries for a couple weeks and didn't have anyone to keep an eye on Jack so I had to take him with me. He has to ride in the back seat because we have a passenger side air bag, then I had to get him in a scooter, shop, get the stuff loaded, get him back in the car, bring it home, get him in and settled (the trip wiped him out) and then bring in all the groceries and put them away. By the time I was done with all that, there was no way I was going to do any cleaning. I ended up taking a nap while he did yesterday afternoon.

I have to call and set up his rehab appts today and his cardiology appt in 3 weeks. I am beginning to feel like a social secretary too with all these appts he is going to have to be on.

When I talked to my son yesterday, I told him he was such a liar (regarding all the things he said in the card) and he said "You get to hear that once a year on your birthday." I asked him about Mother's Day and he said he thought it would make my head big so maybe he can do a combo Mother's Day and birthday card inbetween both days with mushy sentiments one time! He's such a stinker. When Jack talked to him and said something about me he said I was the best mom in the world to take care of him.

I am putting my dieting on hold for just a couple weeks until I can get Jack where he is eating meals. Right now I am not cooking dinner at night because Jack is having a lot of nausea with the medicine so he is eating mostly chicken noodle soup and oj. It is also tough to try and find time to cook.

Other than that, we are peachy keen here! My grandson came over the other night and did his Boy Scout pledge for me. He was soooooo cute! We promised him another trip to Chuck E Cheese when his report card comes out if it is good (probably a done deal because he has straight A's right now his mom says) but it will have to wait until Jack is back at work because it costs us like $50 to go!

Have a good morning gals! I almost said Sunday until I realized it whizzed by yesterday!

Faye

Cheryl120
09-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Faye...I'm so happy to hear that Jack is home and doing well. It's all that TLC he is getting from you. What a doll your son is! Beautiful thought's of you and I know you will cherish them. Nice your sil has finally realized you love her brother. Hope your relationship with her improves.:hug:

Rosey...Sounds like you are pretty busy making your cards. Always good for us gals to have something to keep our hands busy and our mouths shut!

I got a chance to get up to my sewing room this morning and get some more sewing down on my grandson's airplane quilt. I making a Triple Irish Chain quilt and I have all of the blocks done. I can start sewing the rolls together tomorrow if I'm not out mowing. It's suppose to be 72 tomorrow, but in the 40's on Wednesday and rain. We need to get one last mowing in before winter.

akrosey49
09-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Morning ladies:coffee2: its cold windy and rainy here this am.. a good day to make apot of soup or stew and find a good book and a nice warm blanket to cuddle with..i know winters not far away..you can smell snow in the air.. bet we have our first snow before haloween..its a low key day for me.. nothing planned and am caught up on all the "have too's"..Faye am glad things are going good for you and your hubby..i remember how releaved i was when we got home after all 5 of my dh surguries and numerous procedures.. im a firm beleaver that you heal best in your own home..cheryl your quilts are beautiful..my best girlfriend here in alaska is a quilter too..i have made some quilts but i have so many crafts that i like that i keep trading one for another lol..i always have more than one thing going.. anyways girls have agreat day and give away your smiles it just might be that persons only good happening for today..(((((hugs)))))) rosey :wave:

Cheryl120
09-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Afternoon Ladies...Still not feeling a good as I should and I have no energy. Had WW today and I have maintained for the second week in a row.:D Only loss 4.7 pounds for the month of September, but that's 4.7 not on my body.:carrot:

Rosey...I can also feel winter just around the corner. It's cool and rainy here and we usually have snow by Halloween. I use to do lots of other crafts, but since moving to ND, I only quilt/sew/machine embroidery and counted cross stitch.

Faye...Hope you are not running yourself ragged and Jack is doing better. Think I'm going to make a pot of Taco Soup for dinner, maybe that will warm me up.

Have a good day.

Cheryl

akrosey49
10-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Hey ladies.. sry ive been mia.. re injured my back getting in our blazer..im short and its a high step for me.. i twisted wrong and ive been on advil and ice packs..hope you both are well.. what ever happened to all the other crafters that used to post in this thread??i just get to know some one and then poof they are gone..i dont like that..its still cold and rainy.. doesnt help these creaky old bones any..i feel it going to keep raining and turn right into snow:?: still working om my card order.. it takes a while for that big of an order and im picky about things im selling..they have a sat market in our town during the summer and im thinking of making some things this winter and giving a try..it will keep me busy and something to look forward too..do any of you sell your crafts?? well hubby wants lunch.. the heavens would fall down if he had to make himself a sandwhich;) lol (((((((((hugs))))))))) rosey :wave:

gma22
10-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Sorry I have been awol just pretty busy. We found out on my birthday last Thur that my son and dil are expecting their first baby so we are all excited about that.

Jack is doing spectacular, walking 1/2 mile a day, off all his pain meds for a week now, eating fine, and the scar is scabbed over and itching some, which I am trying to help with vitamin E oil. He is antsy to go back to work and he goes to his dr appt today and I think he is going to ask to be able to go back the 23rd. He has just done everything right and it has all been to the good for him.

I am knitting two sweaters for the new baby. He will be born (I want a boy) in June sometime but I am making them around 6 month size for fall and winter. One is a wrap sweater in white that ties at the side and the other is this adorable little cardigan that is knit all in one piece, which is kind of cool. It is in a varigated aqua gray blue color, but both can be worn by boy or girl. The aqua one I am waiting until they find out if it is a boy or girl then I am going to buy appropriate buttons ie little daisys for girls, cars for boys etc and sew them on then knit loops to go over the buttons. The pattern is older and they use rosettes and ribbon and nobody uses that kind of stuff anymore so I thought this would be cute. We can then remove the buttons and change them out for another baby if it is a different sex so she can use it again.

I have already bought them stuff and had it shipped to them. Three sleepers and a package of colored onesies. Kohl's had this huge sale and I got all of it for like $30 and that included shipping. I also went to the mall on my birthday and bought an adorable yellow fuzzy sleeper, a boy outfit, a girl outfit and this combo that had a sleeper, onesie hat etc all that matched. I also made a build a bear for the baby and his name is Punkin Puss because he is a fuzzy white bear with pumpkins on the fur and we dressed him in little Halloween boxer shorts and a Halloween tshirt.

Well, I need to finish chores and get breakfast for Jack. Have a good day everyone. Rosie, hope you are feeling better and Cheryl hope you are doing great too!

Faye

Cheryl120
10-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi Ladies...So sorry I was MIA for the week, I have had the weekend/week from **** with the FD's. I can't go into details of what they did, but it was it was serious enough for them to be suspended from school and almost expelled. One FD was removed from our home on Tuesday, so the principal said the other one could come back to school.

I have been so stressed out, that I have had a migrain since last Friday, pain between my shoulder blades and I broke out on my neck and chest what looks like ringworm, but isn't. All from stress!!!

I had two good weeks of maintaining my weight and this week I have eaten anything and everything that isn't nailed down. I'm up 2 pounds:( Hope to be back on track and destressed by Monday.

Rosey...So sorry to hear you hurt your back. Hope you are feeling better real soon.:hug: I'm short also and have a big Suburban to get into. Last Jan, I feel out of our Suburban and landed on my head. Even with running baords, I have a hard time getting into it.

Faye...Congrats on the new grandchild that is coming and also a belated Happy Birthday!!! So glad to hear Jack is on and mend. It's all that good cooking and TLC he gets from you.

Worked on my quilt yesterday, but everything I did, I had to rip out, so I'm going to give it a couple of days before I go back to it. Bought a new laptop today, but I can't use it till Jim calls our server to do something to it. Can't wait, I hate this old dinosaur I have to use.

Have a good evening,
Cheryl

gma22
10-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Evening gals! Looks like it is pretty quiet around here. I accidently looked at the wrong thread and couldn't figure out where me posts went and on top of that didn't know anyone except Cheryl! :lol: Whoa, like the Twilight Zone!

I am continue with the two sweaters and started a blanket to match the one piece sweater. I am coming right a long with it. I will also make the same pattern in a beautiful fuzzy style, but the yarn is expensive, comes in small skeins and uses a ton so I have to wait until after Jack goes back to work. The yarn I am currently using I have had for awhile and haven't used for anything. I have the back and one side of the white sweater done and about 3/4 of the one piece done and am totally confused by how it is going to be put together, but I am going to finish the instructions and then see if I can figure it out!

Nothing going on here. We are going out to the commissary tomorrow. Jack is driving now (though technically hasn't been released to do so) and he is able to walk around with no tiredness or anything so even going to the commissary is worth getting out for him I think. I know he was bored silly yesterday but to tell you the truth, we can't afford to do anything. We got his last paycheck yesterday and I paid all the bills up through November with them and he won't get another full paycheck until November 17th. He gets his Navy retirement the end of the month, but most of that goes for our mortgage, then groceries gas and a couple smaller bills. Hopefully the doctor will release him to go back to work on the 25th, but that will only give him 3 days in the work period. On top of that my son and dil are supposed to be here this next weekend to see their dad and we can't even afford to take them out to dinner or anything. Not that they will mind, but it is too bad we are stretched so thin.

Well, gals, hope everyone is finally on the mend! Have a good weekend all!

Faye

Cheryl120
10-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi Ladies...I'm so happy to finally make it here.:D We bought a new laptop on Friday and it would never let us into our sights. Took it back and they couldn't get it to work, so they exchanged it for another computer.:carrot:

Things are getting better with the remaining FD, but she has been warned that I'm at my limit!!! Now to get back on track with my weight loss and take care of ME!!!

Check back with you all tomorrow.

Cheryl

gma22
10-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Good morning gals! Hope your day started out well!

Cheryl: Forgive me for being so wrapped up in my world I never noticed all the pain you are going through. I am sorry the situation with the FD didn't work out well and I am hoping the other one straightens up and flies right. I wouldn't want to have to raise children, especially teens, for anything anymore. Hope your stress rash and hives is going away. I will say a little prayer for you. Jack is having problems with his Niacin again and now on a regular basis. He is either having the flushing or two nights ago his hands swelled up, the palms turned bright red, and they itched. It took 2 Benadryl and several applications of Proctosol (which is a hydrocortizone cream for hemmorhoids of all things) to make it go down. It was the only thing I could think of that might work with the hydrocortizone for the itching an the ingredients in a hemmorhoid cream helping with the swelling. Ice did absolutely nothing to help. Yesterday, it happened on the sole of one of his feet. He got a big swelled up lump on it. I keep telling him to call his cardiologist, but he is waiting until his appt, which isn't until the 24th. DUMMY!

Today my hands are hurting so probably no knitting for me. I am also having some arthritic pain in my left shoulder and I think it is from the way I have been sitting on the couch to knit. I usually knit in the recliner, but with Jack being home, I let him occupy it all the time for now. It is going to be strange when he goes back to work in a couple weeks. I am used to the car being available all the time.

I think I am going to get a cake and have a mini birthday celebration for Jack and my son. Jack's birthday is today and my son's is the 22nd. They will be here sometime late Friday night or early Saturday morning so I think maybe we will celebrate on Saturday night. Maybe I can scrounge up enough money to take my son to his favorite BBQ place, the Rendevous, here in Memphis for his birthday. Now that he is in the business world, I bought him this gorgeous pair of charcoal Docker dress slacks, a black and gray striped Armani dress shirt and an Armani tie for his birthday (I bought them awhile ago and ON SALE before all this heart stuff happened) They look so nice together then I bought him this adorable sterling silver flip photo album with "My baby" on the front for his desk at work. I thought he needed a proud papa photo album to get him started when their baby is born.

Well, I am going to go sit and read for awhile then get up and clean the fronts of my kitchen cabinets. They are white and get dirty so easily. I have pages of chores again to clean house like I did when my sil came here to get done by Friday! :lol:

Have a great day everyone!

Faye

Cheryl120
10-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Evening Ladies...Not too much going on here. Trying to get caught up on house work so I can sew the remainder of the week. Friday, Jim and I are leaving for a Foster Parent Confrence. We should get about 14 hours of training in, we need 32 each year to keep our license current.

Faye...Tell Jack Happy Birthday and also your son. Hope Jack has many more Birthdays.:D Men can be so stubborn, Jack really should go and see his doctor. Hope the swelling/itching ends real soon. Hope you are back at your knitting soon also, but I hear you about wanting to sit in the recliner. They are much more comfortable than a sofa.

Our weather has changed drastically, we are suppose to have snow coming in by 10 pm tonight and flurries off and on tomorrow. I'm really not ready for snow, but I'm sure the hunters are doing the happy dance.

Well I best get busy and decide what I'm going to eat for dinner tonight. Have a great evening.

Cheryl

Cheryl120
10-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Good morning Gals...Just a quick pop-in before Jim and I leave for the weekend. Had my weigh-in at WW and I'm up 4 lbs...no surprise since I was stress eating everything in sight. Back on track with eating and exercise.:carrot: Never made it up to sew the last couple of days, something to look forward too on Monday. Our weather has really changed, have had snow flurries the last couple of days and our high has been 27 with wind chill at 12. Time to pull the winter gear out for us and Ozzy.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend. I know Jim and I can hardly wait for some time alone to relax, even though we are at a confrence.

Cheryl

gma22
10-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Good morning gals! I have been busy busy already this morning. I had all the house cleaned but needed to move clothes out of my closet into the extra bedroom and my personal stuff and put clean sheets on the bed. We are giving our son and dil our bedroom because there is a king size bed in there and our son is 6'6". They also are bringing their schnauzer with his cage so that is the only place big enough for the cage. Jack still has to sleep on his back until his xray the 24th so will be sleeping in the recliner while there are here anyway and I will just sleep in the guest bedroom, which has a brand new double bed (the room is the smallest of the three and can only handle a double bed with the other furniture in there.)

I almost done with the one piece sweater. I will be so excited to get it finished and see how it turned out. I have never knitted a sweater before and had some "issues" with the crummy instructions for this one, including an error, but ripping out and starting over where I had to and fixing the mistake and now I have a handle on it. I am finishing knitting the front right side then I can bind off and sew up all the seams and put on the buttons and the loops and I will be done. It really is a cute sweater and the matching blanket and then this cute hat pattern I found that I am going to make will make a cute Christmas package for the new baby to be this year without a lot of expense. I am going to buy some essentials like diapers, wipes, paccies etc for the baby for Christmas, but that will be it until after Christmas. I would love to make my grandson a matching pullover sweater of the same yarn as I have lots and lots, but I am not sure he would wear it. I may try and get it done anyway.

Cheryl: Have a good time at the conference. It is always nice to get away. Jack and I are going in December to Nashville to Christmas shop so I am excited about that since we haven't taken a trip at all this year with all the heart issues. We usually take 3-4 short ones than a long one to Vegas.

Everyone have a great weekend. I need to hunt up the hat pattern for the baby.

Faye

srmb60
10-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Do any of you order fabric online?

Cheryl120
10-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Evening Ladies...Jim and I had a wonderful weekend and got to relax some. Had a lot of classes to attend. I so happy that a gal from our group won the quilt I made. I know it is going to a good home and will be taken care of.

Faye...Can't wait to see a picture of the sweater and blanket. Bet you can't wait for your trip to Nashville. I would like Jim and I to take to Minneapolis to do some Christmas shopping, but the weather is always an issue for us.

Susan...Welcome!! Hope you stay and visit with us. Yes I buy fabric at several places on line and have never had a problem. If you are interested, let me know and I will send you a personal message.

Cheryl

srmb60
10-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks Cheryl, I was looking for the perfect shabby rose fabric for my kitchen but was pretty shocked at the prices online and couldn't find anything locally. I had a duh moment and went looking on ebay. I have a bid in on a set of curtains (already made DUH!) and a couple of extra panels that I can cover my chairs with.
We just moved into a smaller house and I'm really enjoying pretty-ing it up. It was kinda neglected and plain looking :)
I'd love some links ... you're very kind to offer. Thank you.

Cheryl120
10-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi Girls...I'm trying to get back on track and it was really hard for some reason today. I was doing so good and then I have just fallen off the wagon. Time to give me a swift kick, Girls. I sure need it!!!! Had to go to town and get some shopping done and go to the bank. Came out of the bank and the car wouldn't start. No cell phone! Forgot it at home, but the bank was nice enough to let me use the phone and call AAA. Turned out to be the starter, but the guy was nice enough to hit the starter with a hammer and got it started so I could get it home. I called Jim and he bought a starter on his way home and will put it in in the next couple of days. I have a free motion quilting class to go to tomorrow. Hope I catch on real fast and that I enjoy it. Jim is going to take me down for the class, and while I'm at class he will get new tires put on his car. Seems that once we get the vehicles paid off, they start to fall apart. Have a great evening.

Cheryl

Cheryl120
10-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Hello Girls...Where is everybody? Hope you all are fine. Went and took a class on free motion quilting yesterday. Going to take lots of practice, but I really enjoyed the class. Going to try and practice 15 minutes or more everyday, till I get the hang of it. Would really be nice if I could do the finishing quilting on smaller items.

Went to WW today and I'm up .3 lbs. Probably the weight of my socks. LOL Cool and windy here today, 34 for our high. Hasn't deterred the bugs though!

Bought some real pretty fabric, cream with gold starts for the backing of a quilt.
Hope to get it to the quilters tomorrow if I get it sewed together this afternoon. My baby quilt will be ready to pick up tomorrow, good thing since my grandson will be arriving on Tuesday. I also picked up a baby blanket that a customer wants me to embroider the babys name and birth date on. Hope to get to that tomorrow as well.

Still plugging away and trying to get my eating in control. I've done good so far today. Had yogurt for breakfast and a chicken sandwich at subway, with extra vegtables and a cup of chili. Plan on having soup for dinner tonight, so I am well below points for the day.

~Cheryl

Cheryl120
10-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Evening Ladies...Not a good day. Broke a needle while doing some machine embroidery for a customer. Put a hole in the blanket and the tip of the needle is stuck under the bobbin case. Makes a scraping noise when I turn the hand wheel. Have to take it to the repair shop hopefully tomorrow. Had to go to town to buy another blanket and I got my other machine out and had the blanket done in 4 minutes. I'm already in the hole $20 for this job. I hope things go better tomorrow.

Cheryl

gma22
10-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Good morning gals! I have been plugging away at my knitting. I have the hat and sweater finished (see pic) and halfway done with the matching blanket. I have yarn for another sweater and had, another blanket of a different kind and a third bunch of yarn I just ordered and haven't decided what to make with it. I think I would like to make some kind of rompers, but we will see.

Jack is still having a lot of trouble with weird swelling of his hands and feet. He will swell, itch and it takes about 24-48 hours to go away then it pops up someplace else. It only occurs on his hands and feet though. He is going to try and get into the doctor's today and have them take a look at it and see if they can run some tests to see what is causing it. We are totally stumped as we have ruled out food, detergent etc allergies, medication allergies, etc. Even my dil couldn't come up with anything and she is a pharmacist.

Cheryl: Hope you can get your sewing machine repaired soon so you can get back to your sewing.

Hope everyone has a great day. It has turned cool here now so it won't be long and we will need to put the electric blanket on the bed and use the furnace. Jack gets cold pretty quickly when the weather turns.

Faye

Cheryl120
10-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Afternoon gals! Got the Suburban back this afternoon and it only cost us $54 to get the starter put in. Now for Jim to get the heater fixed in it. Sure could of used it today, we had a high of 32 and my hands sure were cold on the drive home. Looks like it is going to be a very cold weekend. We are having temps that we normally have in Nov.

Faye...Your sweater sure is cute....Hope Jack finds out what is causing him to swell and itch. I'm sure glad I have a backup sewing machine to use when the other one is on the fritz.

Got to go find something to fix for dinner. Have a good evening.

Cheryl

Cheryl120
10-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Evening Gals...Just a quick pop-in to say I'm down 2 lbs.:carrot: :carrot: Finally getting my act together and back on program. Hope to be at my ticker weight by next week.

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Check back tomorrow.

Cheryl

Cheryl120
10-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi...Where is everyone? Hope you gals are fine and still on program. Have some great news, my grandson arrived yesterday afternoon and he weighed 9 lbs 6 oz, 19 inches long. His name is Peyton. Have a good evening.

Cheryl

srmb60
10-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi Cheryl, I just wanted to let you know that in my search for fabric, I found curtains for my kitchen on ebay (thank you very much). It takes sooo long for mailed stuff to get here and I'm anxious to get them. Then I can paint!
There was a spare panel that I'm going to make seat covers out of. I got the cutest wrought iron bistro chairs at a second hand store.
My kitchen's going to be sooo cute!

I'm also anxious to get at some fresh winter knitting. I have just a couple more rows on an afghan for our nephew and his wife and then I have to put fringes on it. Oi that's a long drawn out affair. But I'm not starting anything new until it's done!

Peyton's a nice name! Congratulations to all concerned.

gma22
10-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Cheryl: Congratulations to you all! I know you have to be so excited. I think I forgot she was even pregnant! :hug: Peyton is a cute name. Dad isn't by any chance a Peyton Manning fan is he???

I finally finished my blanket to go along with my sweater and hat so I am including it along with the sweater and hat. I think it turned out pretty cute. I wanted 4 star buttons on the blanket, but found I was one short so did 2 and 2 bows.

Susan: Glad you found the fabric you wanted! I have been searching for buttons and they are hard to find for what I want. I finally found a website called Button Queen and found some cute winter buttons that will look adorable on the white fuzzy sweater I am making for the baby.

I have to run as I have bread on and need to get my beef stew started for dinner tonight! Everyone have a great afternoon!

Faye

Cheryl120
10-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Faye...Your sweater and blanket is very cute. I like the color. I got the side boarders sewed on the baby quilt this afternoon. Going to try and get the top and bottom sewed on tomorrow if I get back from town early enough. I made a pot of potatoe soup with garlic bread for dinner tonight. Your stew sound so yummy, I might have to make some this weekend.

Susan...Glad you found some curtains on ebay. You will have to post a picture when you get the room done.

Thanks for the congrats. I can't wait for my son to send us some pictures of Peyton, hopefully this weekend he will email me some.

Cheryl

Cheryl120
10-31-2006, 08:47 PM
:haphal: :ghost: :spid: :badbat: A very happy Halloween to you all. I very lucky to not have any trick or treaters tonight, so I won't be tempted with candy.:D Had a great weekend and it was just beautiful for the last weekend in oct, but it drasticly changed yesterday. temps dropped 45 degrees in a couple of hours and we had snow, but not enough to talk about. Hope you all had a great weekend. Here's a picture of the baby quilt I made for my new grandson. I call it "Turtle Bliss".

Cheryl

gma22
11-01-2006, 06:58 AM
Cheryl: The quilt is just adorable. I know Peyton is going to love it. Quilts like knitting and crocheting are one of those things people tend to hang on to and keep generation to generation. I have a quilt blanket made for my son when he was born that my grandmother made for him. I keep it here and use it for babies that come to visit.

Jack is having swelling issues for the last several weeks and Monday night capped it all. Jack's tongue started swelling around 1:30 PM Monday afternoon so badly that he could barely talk or swallow, though he could breathe ok. We spent all afternoon and evening in the emergency room. We started out in the chest pain one (I told the nurse they needed to name one of the rooms after Jack he had been there so many times) then to the regular emergency room. We had a very nice PA who looked at Jack and ordered a shot of Benadryl, then Pepcid, which is I guess a really powerful
H2 (histamine inhibitor I guess) and then steroids. They took blood and urine and we sat and waited for Dr Anderson to get there as he had something going on at Methodist hospital across town. He got there right before 7 pm and told Jack he wants him to see an allergist. He said, "We fixed your heart and screwed up your immune system some way." He went home with a prescription for Benadryl (which I have) Pepcid (which I have) Prednisone and an EpiPen, which he now has to carry with him everywhere. Just a few weeks ago we had him carrying nitroglycerin with him everywhere and now this epinephrine pen. Poor man, I really feel for him. The swelling was down by the time we went to bed and it was gone by this morning, thank goodness. Jack is going to call his regular dr and get an appt so he can get a referral to an allergist. I thought we were done with doctors and hospitals for awhile.

I am halfway done with my grandson's sweater and 1/3 way done with this white fuzzy sweater I am making for the baby.

I see Jack has come downstairs for breakfast so I need to go. Hope you had a good Halloween.

Faye