Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chit Chat #210.

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chit Chat #210.

Marti
08-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Hello :wave: and Welcome to the Jaded Ladies site, :welcome:

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.:hug:

Marti
08-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Hello Ladies!!

Not a lot of time this morning because I HAVE to get the gazelle in.....but I wanted to start a new thread. (MaryKate, we're just going to have to teach you to start a new one!:D )

But before I go:

Hello Jules & MaryKate!!! I missed you both!! Glad that you both got a chance to pop in and say hi.

Ok....I WILL pop back in later after work and get myself caught up.

Hugs to you all!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
08-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Afternoon ladies!

This will be a "post by" lolllllllll. Had to get up early today, hub has an appt. with the orthopediest...................(not sure about the spelling there. lol)

anyways. Have a Great Day Ya'all!

;)

kristine724
08-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Not sure if anyone is here right now, but I thought I'd say my first hello to everyone. At work (bookkeeper for a walnut/almond farmer) and harvest season is starting so only a few moments to post each day before the madness begins. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Catch ya later!!!

jules1216
08-31-2006, 03:19 PM
It's breaktime and I just wanted to pop in to say hi!! Lot's of newbies--WELCOME!! It's getting a little easier now that my coworker is back and I am able to do MY backlog of work.
Hi to anyone else I may have missed--i'll try to be better at posting--we did the defragmenting on the computer last night and tonight is the scanning for viruses--my DD's nerdy roomate and her computer geek boyfriend say the can fix it if there is one and maybe add some extra memory to it while they are at it. (that is what they call themselves--the roomate says her and DD living together is the college version of the tv show freaks & geeks without the stoners)

Sassy_Chick
08-31-2006, 06:56 PM
HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!! :D

Well got back from hub's appt. Basically the dr said he needs to build up his outside muscle to his knee, so he prescribed him two week physical therapy. Didn't even look at his elbow. It was mil's dr which she RAVES about and frankly we weren't too impressed.

Anywho. Got some lunch after and then we went to the Y. Had a tour. HOLY MOLY that place is HUGE! Not only is it the biggest in our area, it is the biggest in the country! (no kidding, it is) I think we both had a very nice workout just from taking the tour of the place! I was breathing heavy and everything by the end! lol.

So we did it. We signed up! :D AND we can have as many guests as we want and they only have to pay $6 or a discounted weekly rate. So we plan on taking fil up there with us.

They have it all there. U name it they have it. Also we got a 10% discount from our work and they had a special this month too.

:welcome: all newbies! Jump right in, the ladies are all wonderful! ;)

Well talk to you all later!

Have a Great Night!!!!!!!!

Jane
08-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - so did they get the kitchen countertop and cabinets in?

Sassy - oic about the days off, lol. It still works out great for you, tho. Yay for that. I bet you'll love the Y especially since you have your sweetie to go with you. This will be good for his knee, too, right?

Norma - I look around and see some women who have grandma faces, and hair that just looks silly because it's obviously dyed, and I don't want to end up like that. How long have you let it go natural? Did you know that Tyne Daly shaved her head on her 50th birthday and let her hair come back natural, lol? I don't think I'll go to that extreme, but I think that was brave of her. Or really, really stupid, lol.

Nixxie - so how much longer will you be in Sweden? Your friend is right - you won't recognize Burkhart Rd. It used to be a corn field.... not anymore! I love your list, lol. I spent some time in Germany w/1st DH, and missed so much about the states that I previously took for granted. Like toilets with water in the bowl, lol.

Mary Kate - there you are!! Makenzie can't eat foods that are even manufactured at the same plant as foods containing nuts, and the labels will say "may contain nuts" to cover the liability. Mary sends a special snack to preschool with her and the sweet little thing doesn't complain at all about having to eat something different. Hope your bladder infection is much better. I've had one of those before.... ouchie!!

Marti - did you get the gazelle in? Are you doing that with the yoga, too?

Kristine - welcome to the place where you can share as much or as little as you want. These are the best gals on the internet, as you will soon find out. I did some bookkeeping for a car dealership back in the day, and loved it. Part of my job was calling people who wrote bad checks to the service dept. Yikes, I didn't like that part, though, because I'm usually for the underdog, lol. I'm looking forward to knowing you better. :)

Julie - YAY, your coworker is back!!! Tell her she can't ever leave again, lol. I compress and defrag this computer once in awhile. It's crazy how much difference that can make!

Cristina - where are you today?

Hello to everyone else reading this. :)

I spent most of the day with Makenzie. It was her day to be "Grandma's Girl". So she went with me to do my errands. I always spend more when a DGD goes to Wally World with me, lol.

At the Thursday meeting today, I voiced my concern about the cystic fibrosis thing, and 2 of the women - who both happen to be nurses - said we'd know it already, if the twins had it. So that relieved me so much!

Not much else going on. We're having friends in for dinner Saturday night, so I'm going to get as much done tomorrow ahead of time that I can. But I'll check in at some point.

Be good!

harkeyvalley
08-31-2006, 11:29 PM
Jane: I'm glad to hear that about the C.F. I will continue to pray until you have something more definitive:

Marti: I could use some input about the Gazelle. I've had mine for several months. I can't last more than 10 min. Am I doing something wrong or do these things really do more than they appear to? I don't have the latest one with the tension things that keep the legs from spreading too far apart with the splits.

Hello to you other great ladies: Hope you are all doing well.

Norma

harkeyvalley
08-31-2006, 11:31 PM
Jane: P.S. I always kept my hair colored lighter from a medium brown to a very light brown or dirty blonde from my early twenties until my late forties. Now I have my wish and it's all white.....not funny!LOL

Marti
08-31-2006, 11:45 PM
Hello again Ladies!!

What a busy day at work! I tell you, it's a test for us workers to see if we can keep all our hair by the end of the day! :lol:

Sassy--Fantastic!! Sounds like the place is perfect. And how great is it that your hubby joined w/you. I think it makes going to the gym so much easier when you have someone to go with you.

Kristine--Hello :wave: and Welcome!! Sounds like you work in a fun place. Looking forward to learning more about you. Pop in anytime and chat about anything!

Jules--I hate it when James has to do that to our computer. But as Jane said...sure makes a huge difference. I'm glad to hear that your co-worker is back. Wish one of ours was back. She left for a two week vacation and we've been bustin' butt trying to keep up!

Jane--Yep...doing the gazelle in the morning and yoga at night. The gazelle gives me the energy I need for the day and yoga really help relax me. James suggested it and I'm glad I tried it. I haven't done the yoga yet tonight, will do that before bed.

Norma--I don't believe my gazelle has resistant bands on it either. For awhile I didn't think I was seeing any results by using the thing...but the longer I did, I then started seeing that my back side was in better shape. So even though it's doesn't feel like anything is going on.....eventually you'll see something. I usually hop on during a morning show and just work up a sweat for 20-30 minutes. I end up doing about 2miles or more. I'm not sure if I helped at all......

Hello to all you others out there.

I'm going to eat a light dinner and then do my yoga and hit the hay.

You all have a good night!

Jane
09-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Happy September!

Norma - all white hair can be pretty, and I bet yours is, too. One of my sisters has it, and it's very attractive on her. I tease her that she looks more and more like mom, though, lol.

Marti - hope you aren't bald by the time you read this, tee hee. Your job sounds like it is very interesting, though, when the pressure to hurry is off. Or is that pressure ever gone?

Today I'm washing sheets and I'm going to hang them out to dry if it doesn't rain. Looks kind of cloudy right now. Also, I'm going to get as much done as I can for the dinner with our friends tomorrow.

I need help with this: I'm making a new recipe of a light apple cinnamon cake. It's very, very spongy looking, and is made in a springform pan. I just recently bought a set of those pans, and am not sure how to get the cake off the base once I take the side piece off. Any clue how to get it transferred to a serving plate to cut it, or do I leave it on the bottom? I have a pretty, clear cake cover I'd like to use.

I'll bbl.....

suetalks
09-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Good morning ladies! I hope you are all geared up for a pleasant week-end.
I have a busy day going..laundry this a.m. and then I have to go to the new house. Off from there to buy, of all things, toilet seats. Yep, gotta have 'em. :)
Carpet is coming today as are the plumbers. Getting our water heater, water softener and toilets installed.
Yes, the countertops are started, not finished. They worked overtime and still didn't get them completed, but we have a large kitchen and 2 baths that they are doing. Every worker who comes in really likes DH's handmade vanities. They all tell him he could build and sell those for big bucks. May be a new profession for him. (although he says he gets more joy out of making furniture to give to family)

BBL to talk to you all...

suetalks
09-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Jane- Never had a springform pan..sorry! Sounds like a good cake..yum.

kristine724
09-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!

I read yesterday that "Sassy" joined the "Y" and your DH is recovering from some type of knee injury. I am in a similar situation. In July, while we were out of state on vacation, my husband got into a wrestling bout with my 18 yr old son and slammed his ankle into a table and fractured it. Had to have emergency surgery (titanium plate in is ankle/leg) and was in a cast for 6 weeks. He is now in a walking boot and the doctor wants him to take it slow, (no work until October). I am stressed out about it, because he is pushing himself, I feel, a bit too fast, but heaven forbid I tell him to slow down. I know he feels helpless and he knows I'm stressed about the no work (we discussed this in marriage counseling). Anyway, I'm glad I have a place to vent and maybe get some feedback. Looking forward to going back to the gym today after work, I missed two days and I need to work some of this frustration out of my system.:dizzy:

Sassy_Chick
09-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Hey Everybody!

Jane -- Yup that is another reason I like the hours I work. I can take off a few days and be off an entire week without taking an "Actual" week off! lol. Yeah I'm excited about the Y. I used to go when I was single, I would go everyday after work. I always felt much better after........Yes it will be great for his knee.......Also about the cake..........and springform pan. Here is a little tip from Wolfgang puck we was watching this morning. He said to brush some butter on the bottom (or I'm sure non-stick spray may work too) then put on some parchment paper and then more butter on top of that and it should come right off. Now this cake he was making was on a sheet pan, but I'm sure it would work the same for you. If anything just leave it on there if your too afraid to transfer it. Hope that helps!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodluck:

Marti -- Yes I'm excited about it and I think hub is too. When we first started dating, he was just recovering from a very serious illness so he was not working at the time. He would drop me off to work and then he would go and work out to regain his strength. So I think this is going to be good for us both. It is a lot easier to go with someone, makes it more fun too!

Hey Kristine -- Sorry to hear about your DH. Maybe once he is fully recovered he can go workout with you? (as long as his dr says its okay) I know there are lots of equipment and what not at our Y that is going to help strengthen hub's knee.

Also I know what you mean about doing too much too soon. My mil was like that after her surgeries on her ankle. She had 3 surgeries on hers and after each one she would do too much too soon. But she is doing okay now. I think in one way its good that they want to get up and get moving, but in another way its bad because they could possibly undo everything.

What I've learned though is you can't really tell them anything (if your DH is anything like my mil) so all you can do is support them the best way you can and then go to the gym and work out all your frustrations. If your really concerned all I can say is talk to your husband's dr about it, but other than that I can't really say much. I know its very frustrating but at a certain point, you just got to "let go" and realize its totally up to them and it has nothing to do with you. They are going to do what they are going to do unfortunately...

Big :hug: and some :dust: to get through this!

Feel free to come and vent here anytime and if you want to talk privately, feel free to PM me!!!!

I hope everybody is having a wonderful Friday and I hope you all enjoy your long weekends (to those who get off for Labor Day). Think of me while I'm working away. Although I get paid extra for the 4 hrs I do work on Labor Day........So not to bad, plus I get 4 hrs off to use whenever I like! ;)

Went to see my family dr. today (just a check up) Got my note for my new chair at work! :D (I have a spine injury and the chairs at work just make it worse!) He is going to do my A1C (for Diabetes) and check my Cholestrol too next month. So there is yet another reason to "be good" ;)

Also if I have another "Acid Reflux Attack" like I did he is going to send me for another scope to be sure nothing serious is going on. So far I'm doing good. Nexium is working fine again. I don't know what caused the flare up. He even asked me if I "earned it" and even hub shook his head no. I told him I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed too..............So he's just going to "watch it" and see. Hopefully it was just a one time thing.............

Well Cheers to everybody and I hope you enjoy your weekend!!!!!!!!

suetalks
09-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Hi Kristine and Sassy- Sorry you both have DH's who are ailing. I agree with you Sass...they will do what they want to do. Even when they know 100% what the Dr. has told them NOT to do. :) Kinda like a kid, huh? But, hey, we can't live without 'em.

I was back and forth to the new house today. First because DH told me to come by and make sure I knew what kind of toilet seats I wanted, then when I got there they said I didn't need to buy any as they were coming Tues. So, home and fixed lunch for DH and took that back to him. Later I had to go over to make sure the carpet was to my liking...it is great! Then tonight DH and I went back to check things out with no workmen there. Coming right along!
I took Mom's little dog over twice with me...she liked the ride and the house. She is being so good while Mom is gone. Everyone sees her and goes silly over her....these grown men saying they want to take her home. And she loves it! If I knew how to post a picture here I would as I took one of her today. She got up in our easy chair and pulled the pillow down to where she wanted it then reclined and looked like a diva!
I see the box to add an image, but how do you use a url if the image is in your pictures file? Just wondering. Do I have to post it at my yahoo photos first?
Okay...I am off to bed..early day tomorrow, going to the lumber mill with DH to pick up all of his lumber. Probably 4 loads and a good long drive for each load. Ugh!
Oh, I ate okay today but didn't get much exercise.

suetalks
09-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Okay..I have a photo of "Baby" and a few of the house in progress. By the end of next week I can do some of a finished kitchen. :)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Jane
09-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Hi ladies,:wave:

Sue - when I clicked on the link you gave, it came up with my own account! :dizzy: Wonder if the others will get the link? Wow, before long, you'll be doing the final touches on your house.

Kristine - ahh, you know how stubborn DHs can be! Mine always over-does, and won't listen to me about taking it a little easier. Go ahead and vent here... we're good at listening.

Sassy - well, I still would have trouble getting the paper off, without trying to hold the cake with one hand, or something. I'm just going to serve the darn thing right off the base. I'll put it on the cake server like that. Glad you haven't been having any more acid reflux.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Since most of the cooking for the dinner should be done tomorrow, and I want the cake to be very fresh and still spongy when I serve it, I spent my energy today cleaning, instead.

Neal and I are arguing, and he's a big doody head. :rollpin: He didn't stick up for me when he should have, with Katie, and I see that as a husbandly character flaw and a breech of loyalty. Men!

Gotta surf for awhile.... have a good weekend. :)

Jane
09-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Well, I googled "remove cake from Springform pan" and the results say to just slide the cake to the serving plate. My pan is a coated one, so maybe that really will work. Hmmm.... I'm gonna try this tomorrow, and I'll let you know if it worked or not.

harkeyvalley
09-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Jane: I usually do not have a problem removing the cake from the base because I grease liberally and flour. I haven't made a gooey cake before, so parchment paper that you buy in a roll at the grocery store might be your answer. At the bakery, we always used 6, 8, & 10 liners for all our cakes. If you apply shortening to the parchment before you place in the pan, the parchment peels off very easily. I hope this works. If you decide to bake a chocolate type cake in the same pan, use cocoa powder instead of flour. It makes a prettier presentation than white flour on choc cake.

Sue: Just reading all the activity involved with the new house makes me tired. Can I list this as part of my exercise? LOL

Sassy: I'm sorry to hear about your spine and acid problems. I sure hope things get better for you.

Marti: Are you really liking the Yoga? I watched some ladies doing some on Fit TV. I thought to my self, "You've got to be kidding!" I couldn't bend like that in a million years!

Kristine: I'm sorry about the stress. I hope the gym helps.

Christina: Where are you?

I spent all day reorganizing my scrapbook supplies. I didn't realize that I had been doing so much standing that when I looked down, my left ankle had swollen up. I've stayed off it the rest of the day. I'm going to try to get my bike ride (stationary) done before bed time.

You all take care. I hope you all have a super Labor Day weekend!
Norma

Nixxie
09-02-2006, 02:46 AM
Jane,

Sorry it took so long. I started an internship yesterday and I was so tired that I didn't want to look at the computer when I got home.

I can't wait to see how much Eville has changed. It will be good to go "home" for a while and get back to speaking and hearing english all the time. Maybe that will jar some of this swedish that is stuck in my head and won't come out. lol We plan on living here..well, forever, unless TBS and his band make it and then I want to move to Switzerland.

Katiecat
I looooooooove TOOL and am completely jealous that you have seen them live. I never got a chance to see them while in the states. They were here not too long ago but it cost almost 100$ and I refuse to pay that for a concert ticket. I love NIN but I met Trent and he is an egotistical jerk. And short. I like my men tall. But still I like his music so I can look past all that. hehe

Sassy_Chick
09-02-2006, 06:21 AM
Morning Ladies! :coffee:

Sue -- yup just like Kids they are. lollllll. But of course you gotta love em regardless! lol Speaking of Toilet Seats when my in-laws redid their bathrooms they asked the people at Lows which toilet seat they had in their bathrooms because they liked them so much. Sounds weird but they are pretty comfy! lol. When I went to your link it came to my account as well. I think and I could be wrong here........I think you can invite people to see your photos but not quite sure there.............

Jane -- I understand, you probably can just serve it that way or you might be amazed and it might just come right off! :goodluck: Hey since you got your cleaning done wanna drop by and do mine? lolllll. :rofl: @ Neal being a "doodyhead" lollllllll. I hope he comes around...............;)

Hey Norma -- Thanks. My Spine inury I've had for many, many years and I guess the Acid Reflux too, so I have learned over the years to live with it............lolllllllllllll..........Hope your ankle feels better..........

Have a Great Weekend Everybody!

JJPhat
09-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Hi all,

I have been in 3fc for only 2 days and am seriously overwhelmed with the support. How fantastic is that?!

I just thought I'd pop in and say hello. Right now it is incredibly beautiful outside. The weather is not to hot and not too cool. It's the kind of weather I would like to sit outside under an hand made wooden awning with grape leaves growing all over it. Where I can look out over the land and see green as far as my eye could see. Sipping on Eis Wine with my feet up, and no noise but nature.

Ok, I'm back, wow what a wonderful trip...lol

Anyway, Jane, you crack me up with the missing toilet water thing. That would have to be one of my major complaints about living here...LOL
One would think that would not be bad but it makes for a stinky bathroom if you don't stay on top of it. BLEK!

About your spring form pan question. You have the choice of leaving the bottom on and transferring that to your plate or you could put some parchment paper that you have cut to fit the bottom part of the pan. I think you are to cut it a little bigger than the bottom and let it go up a bit so you can just pull it off of the bottom of the pan.

The one to ask is Norma, she is the BOMB when it comes to this kind of thing! Actually, there isn't much that she isn't good at. I only aspire to be as good as her left hand (she's right handed...LOL).

Anyway, hi everyone, May your Saturday be full of fun, love and endurance to say no to fudge!!

jfulldivajackett
09-02-2006, 02:37 PM
I have been doing so well with my eating. I finally just had had enough. I have been reading while riding the stationary bike for 45 minutes each night. It is so much easier to do!! I catch up on my reading and I am more focused than before- It's actually starting to be relaxing and fun to have that time to myself every day. I have started to view food as a drug. It works for me that way. I have no problem (usually) with the drug/alcohol cravings because I KNOW that I cannot have it. So looking at food that way really helps me to control my intake. I think about what I eat, I portion what I eat, and I eat to stay healthy and upright. It's too early to say if this New attitude will stick, but I know I can do it if I try- and that's good enough for me right now!
My special needs son with Epilepsy is doing really well too. I think this Tranxene is working on these movement/hyper episodes he's been having. He still sleeps a lot sometimes, but he acts more "normal" when he is up. Maybe he's not seizing? We go back to Detroit on the 12th, and the local Neurologist on the 6th, and to Ann Arbor for his eyes on the 7th. Appointments galore. But at least we are in motion which is what I/he/we need here. The not knowing and waiting was making me crazy........ER!! We will still have to wait for results and what not, but the fact that we seem to have an avenue to go down makes it feel like we are close to finding a resolution/explanation to everything. Karter is still having episodes though. It's hard as his mom to watch- but I have faith that we can get it under control in the future. In good news- PIG'S GETTING HIS HAMMIES BACK! The feeding tube has been a winning lottery ticket and he is starting to chubby up again, which makes me want o cry I'm so happy. He is used to it now and I have managed to ween him from the boob too. Food every 3 hours is really the only comfort he seems to need- BYE BYE BOOBIE!! Yeah- now I will start to have my cycle again. Great. I haven't had it in almost two-and-a-half years! I bet everyone was just dying to know that!

suetalks
09-02-2006, 03:16 PM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suetalks/my_photos

Yes, I had the wrong link. So sorry... please try again.
I will be able to post the finished house by the end of next week...I hope.

Busy day here and I am bushed. I helped DH load and un-load about 850 board ft. of lumber from 14 ft. long to 8 ft. long. We had to make 2 trips with the pick-up truck and have 2 more for next week. This is wood from the trees we had to cut down on our lot. It will all become more of DH's beautiful furniture. (if we can find room to store it all) Trust me that is ALOT of wood. I hope my back doesn't give me fits tomorrow as we have a family get together at my SIL's. DH doesn't know, but it is a surprise party for his 60th birthday which was the 31st. ssssshhhh.....don't tell...

Gotta go for now..back soon.

FrouFrou
09-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Hello ladies...

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. Was on Thursday and ran out of time and since then I have been busy...will tell more tomorrow when I have more time and can do individuals. But, I wanted to say to SUE...a very HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY to your DH!! Have fun at the party! :hb: :cb: :gift: :hat: And...your house is BEAUTIFUL! I love the kitchen...it is awesome! Your doggy is a cutie too! So sweet.

:welcome: Tiffany! Glad to have ya here and look forward to getting to know you!

Okay, ladies...sorry I have to cut this short...spent too much time on the other threads and trying to catch up with the reading. Will do individuals tomorrow and catch up after Mass or lunch. See ya then :wave:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Sassy_Chick
09-03-2006, 05:44 AM
Morning Ladies. :coffee:

Very tired Chicky here. :tired: Worked a 12 hr. shift today. Boss called us in as they were having major issues today and one guy called off and one guy works from home (a whole other issue) so we got some OT today!!!!!!

Sue -- I am in love with your house! :love: Doggie is a cutie too! ;) There is a lady at work who is giving away free puppies, part Sharei (sp??) and part Lab, pretty cute but I still want to wait until we get a house before getting a doggie............

I just wanted to add that I will post more later, so not ignoring anybody!! Just really tired! lolllllllllllllll

:welcome: all!

Have a Wonderful Relaxing Sunday Everyone!!!!!!

mkat321
09-03-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm here. AF is too which is why I'm not saying a whole lot. Gained 2 lbs in 14 hours with no changes in diet or exercise so I figured she was on her way. Sh arrived yesterday and has been rather unforgiving. I thought after #1 & #2 didn't change the severity of my cycle 'complications' I was safe with #3. WRONG :( Let's just say pamprin and ice water are my two best friends right now.

Going to go back and read, so I may be back to comment... Have a wonderful day!

Marti
09-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Good Morning Gals!

I'm in the process of getting ready to take off for my sisters for the day. Trying to keep busy this weekend. Not a lot of computer time.

Tomorrow I'm voluntarily going in to work to get some stuff done due to co-workers being gone. Has been HECTIC at work!

I am so happy to see all the newbie gals here and posting!! :hug:

Ok ladies, I just wanted to pop in really quick and say hello! I will try my best tonight and catch up on individuals.

Hugs to all!!:hug:

mkat321
09-03-2006, 01:02 PM
sleepy sleepy sleepy today. {I did keep dh out from 1 a.m. til almost four a.m. so we could have a bit of a 'date}

Anyone have any no-sugar wake-me-up ideas? We're off to the park shortly so I'll get my cardio in, but it's kind of hard to stay long enough to get a good bp-rise wake-up when I am already falling asleep tired

Jane
09-03-2006, 04:08 PM

Norma - I need to sort through my scrapbooking supplies, too. It's amazing what they have available now, compared to when I first started a few years ago.

Nixxie - so tell us about your new intership. Do you like it? If/when you visit Evansville, maybe we can meet for lunch one day.

Sassy - Neal is still a doodyhead, but we did make up. I can't stay mad at him for too long, because when I am upset with him, he gets this pitiful, scolded-puppy look and it tugs on my heartstrings, lol.

Tiffany - yep, you'll find lots of support here at the Jaded Ladies. I can't even begin to tell you what all the gals here have helped me through, and we'll do the same for you. :hug: I live in the country, 58 acres in the boonies, and like you, have grapes. My mil used to make juice, and wine, from them. The DGDs love to eat them right off the vines, lol.

Jen - I hope your new attitude lasts, and am a firm believer that we need to tell ourselves whatever we have to in order to lose and make healthy choices. It's so hard at times, though, and I understand that, too. About your son, well, at least you're on the road to getting some answers now. Let us know how the doctor visits go.

Sue - how's your back today? A happy 60th to Jerry! Thanks for sharing the photos. Is that a built in spice rack on the right above the counter? All the mud you have reminds me of where we were last spring, lol. You would never know it now, though.

Cristi - hope you have more time today. Sometimes it seems that I spend way too much time on the computer, but what can I do, lol, I love this place.

Marti - have fun with your sister today. And don't work too hard tomorrow. You're a good employee to volunteer to work on a holiday. If James is working, too, why not, right? Might as well earn some extra $$. I wish I worked parttime somewhere. I think it would be good for me.

mkat - hope you're feeling better today. You want to wake up, but not have sugar? How about some caffeine, unless you have restrictions? Good ol' coffee does it for me everyday.

Well, ladies, the cake slid right off the pan base, and onto the serving plate with no misshaps, lol. It was fairly complicated to make, and although everyone else raved about it, I didn't think it tasted nearly as good as my sister Maggie's apple cake recipe, so I won't be making this one again. The dinner turned out well, though, and we had a blast visiting with Cathy and John.

I guess this is turning into my hostessing season, because I've invited my nephew Ed and his family, and Joe the fire chief for dinner this Saturday. Not sure yet what will be on the menu. Tomorrow when the kids are here, we're having sliced tomatoes, Mexican beef, California veggies, fresh green beans, and angel food cake with fruit salad for dessert. Gina has been diagnosed with diabetes, so I want to stay within her food guidelines.

Have a good day, ladies!

Sassy_Chick
09-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi Ladies!

Just a quickie Hello to you all before I head off to work! Tonight is MY friday! WHOO-HOO and starting at Midnight I make double time! HEE HEE! :dancer:

Have a Lovely Evening All!

harkeyvalley
09-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Hi All: Well I got in my additional hour of exercise yesterday. I had gotten behind on the mowing and it took me 2 hours to get the front lawn mowed. My legs were burning by the time I finished. I was breathing so hard out of my mouth that I inhaled too much dust and grass bits. I think I also got dehydrated because I came in sick to my stomach and dizzy. I didn't eat but half my calorie allowance because I felt so bad. I'm a little better today, but still not eating enough. (Never thought I'd hear myself say that!).

Did we decide on what size pages to do? I'm easy, so just let me know.

Welcome Tiffany, Jen & Mkat.
Hi Jane, Cristi, Marti, Nexxie & Sue
No time for personals. I'll be back tomorrow.
Take care and happy dieting!

Norma

mkat321
09-03-2006, 10:22 PM
coffee.. why didn't I think of that? I even have some decent fake-sugar stuff for a change... it's not coffemate, but it'll do :)

Jane
09-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Happy Labor Day to the Yanks, Happy Monday to the others. :)

Sassy - hey, enjoy your "weekend", and a big ol' YAY for double time. Any special plans for your days off?

Norma - be careful overdoing it outside in the heat, sweetie! We don't want any fallen Jaded Ladies! About the scrapbooking pages, it doesn't matter to me which size we use. Just let me know. I guess we ought to bring it up again on the other thread.

mkat - so did you get some coffee today? I need 2 cups in the morning, then I'm good to go. A friend of mine gets hers from Mt. Dew, and is trying so hard to break that habit. :dizzy:

Hello to everyone reading this. :wave:

Well, the fam was here for the holiday. I cooked and the kids did the dishes and clean up. I like it like that. :yes: Today really seems like Sunday. Does it seem like that to you, too?

Hope whatever you're doing that you have had a great day. :hug:

harkeyvalley
09-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Hi All: I guess everyone took the weekend off, so not much happening around here. I slept most of the day, but I'm feeling good tonight. I hope you all are happy, well, and in good spirits. I'm really to face another week!

Sassy_Chick
09-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Morning Ladies :coffee:

Well today is "D" day. Which is cleaning the apt. from top to bottom day to remove fleas. Oh Happy Happy Joy joy! lolllllllllll. Also means givin the cats a bath.........lol. If you don't hear from me, pls send someone to find me in the bathroom! lollllllllll

So how is your gas prices?????? I was totally shocked ours is down to *you may want to sit down for this if your area has high gas prices* $2.27 a gallon!!!!!!! :yikes: No that is not a typo! lolllllllll.

Anywho.......off to da individuals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJPhat -- Sorry I don't know your name???? I'm Shel/Sassy BTW. ;) Glad you are enjoying it here, it is wonderful, isn't it??? :) Anyways I loved your description of where you would want to be on a nice beautiful day as you described.........The weather has been the same here. Although I'm afraid we haven't gotten much of a chance to get out and enjoy it! Maybe later on today!!!!!!!!

Jen -- WTG on the eating right and exercising! :D I am slowly getting there, haven't yet been to the Y yet, but want to go maybe tonight?????? Glad your son is doing well and :goodluck: with all the appts. I hope they find answers. ;)

Sue -- How's the house coming along? It is totally gorgeous btw. ;)

Hey Cristina! :wave: Glad you stopped in!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ya Mkat! I hear ya! I just got my AF lastnight after being without "her" for many months.........(I have PCOS) So i'm right there with ya!!!!!! Stay strong! Sugar free pick me ups? I think someone here mentioned coffee with sweet n low or whatever your "poison" is.........How about those new Oatmeal breakfast bars???????? Or what about an energy drink? Not sure if any out there have no sugar??????? My husband just bought a "superman" one that actually tasted a lot like Mr. Pibb.........but I don't think it was sugar free????? Dunno, Good Luck!!!!!!

What was that flash of light that went by????? OH that was Marti, I think?? lollllllllllll Hey ya chicky! Stop by and have some tea or sugar free lemonade with us, would ya????????? lollllllllll

Jane -- Awwwwww Neal sounds like my hubby. He does that sad puppy dog face too, I think it something their fathers teach them or something. lolllllll. WTG on the cake, GF! :high: You know I always have liked the "simple" things best.............but hey at least you made an attempt, right???? So your the Hostess with the "mostess" eh? ;) Sounds like a good menu........:)

My plans for my "weekend" off is to De-Flea the apt. lollllll. Sounds fun, right? So that means stripping everything down and washing it, including the two kitties...............and then spraying the flea spray on the carpets and all and putting frontline on the cats. Yesterday we went to the in-laws for "dinner" that was basically just because they wanted hub to come over to fix mil's computer, but at least this time, they did ask us before hand...........Mil sure put her foot in her mouth a few times though, but what else is new? lolllllll.

Hey ya Norma -- Wow be careful when outside there........I always used to push mow for my father and found it great exercise too..........Just be sure to stay hydrated and all.............Glad you are feeling better now........*reading down*

Wow I think I'm caught up now!!!!!!!! lol.

As I said, we will be cleaning and cleaning and might go to the Y later on today, if not then, maybe tomorrow in the AM! OH which reminds me.......If any of you gals have any suggestions on where to buy swimwear for plus size women that isn't outrageous, pls let me know! I need a new suit to take to the Y, but I don't want to spend a lot of $$$$$ on one because I do not plan on staying this size for long!!!!! I have another one here that is a smaller size from when I was thinner that I can wear after I lose some weight, but I need one in the mean time....................any ideas? I searched a bit online but just if you all see any good sales or something and wouldn't mind passing them on to me?????????? TY!

Wellllllllll. I think I'm going to go read some on here and then probably off to bed so I can get up a bit later and clean! WHOO - HOO! Party! lolllllllll.

Have a Great Day Everybody!

jules1216
09-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Stoppping into to say hi--wow so many posts I don't think I can do individual!! Lunch is over and home pc is having problems.

Jane
09-05-2006, 02:08 PM

Norma - glad you got rested. After your week last week, you needed it!

Sassy - gas here is 2.59 a gallon, but is supposed to drop more. About the bathing suits, I got one last year from Target online, and it is so cute! I bought it to wear for water aerobics at the Y, then only went for the free lesson. :dizzy: But anyway, they had some really cute ones, not "grandma" ones. Penney's had some cute ones, too, but the prices were a lot higher. My MIL was a real pistol and would bust my chops every chance she got, until she got sick with internal bleeding. She had to be taken to different docs, and to the hospital for outpatient stuff, and Yours Truly is the one who volunteered to take her. I also fixed homemade dinners for her and FIL while she was sick, and totally babied her. All of a sudden, I was Saint Jane, lol. We bonded and I took care of her off and on, even when she had Alzheimers, until she died. Maybe you'll get to a better place with your MIL. She sounds like a challenge, lol.

Jules - yep, it's a hoppin' place around here! Hop back in when you have more time. :hug:

Ok, everebody else, the holiday is over! Git yer bunz back in here, lol.

I've got my last load of laundry in the dryer, and when it's done, I'm going to take a nap. I've felt worn out, and just want to sleep. I invited twins for a sleep-over tonight, so I'd better store up some energy for that, lol.

What're your plans for the day?

dressagequeen
09-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Good Afternoon, everyone! I'm new to this 3FC board, but not to losing weight. Here's my story in a nutshell:

Many years ago I lost 30 pounds, felt great, went through menopause (still not done), gained most of it back, and went back on to WW. I have now lost 20 pounds and almost at goal. Only 4 pounds to go.

DD, Sara, joined online after she FINALLY got a job after graduating from college. It was nip and tuck there for awhile, but she finally made it! And she's been there for 10 months and is up for a promotion! I'm amazed and proud at the same time.

DD has been riding horses since she was 6; owned her own horse for awhile, but now is horseless. We recently donated him to Wilson College in PA. I started riding when she went to college, so have been riding for about 5 1/2 years. Not a pro, but I love it and the challenge it brings to me. It definitely keeps me thinking. We are both doing a horse show on Sunday (9/10), using other people's horses.

DH works for Lockheed on the Hubble Space Telescope. He has been having a bad bout of back/hip pain for about the last 7 months. He's been to doctors, he's had MRIs, even had accupuncture. Nothing seems to be helping him, so we are all stymied.

My office is in a nice building in DC, which has a beautiful, free gym. I go every day at lunch and I certainly feel better mentally than when I don't go. The last weekend was long and great, but I did miss the exercise. I do some long walks, but it's not the same.

I will jump in more often as I get to know everyone.

Now, I'm counting down to 5:00 so I can go home and rest.:carrot:

Liz

FrouFrou
09-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Hello ladies...

Sorry I didn't get back to post on Sunday...I really planned too...just didn't happen. I have been busy, busy, busy since Thursday and didn't think I would see an end in sight. Friday, DD and I went to see Little Miss Sunshine...it was pretty good and so funny. DS woke me up at 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning with really bad stomach pains and wanted me to take him to the emergency room...so we spent the next 5 hours there. Got home a little after 7 a.m. and went to bed. Slept for 4 hours and then had yard work to get started on. Been doing it ever since, lol! Almost finished though, have one more tree to put mulch around and we are done! Thank goodness. To top it off my allergies have been acting up and the meds make me sleepy. Anyway...too much to try and catch up on so will just start from today.

JANE...hope you have fun with the twins. I too am ready for a nap (the allergy medicine).

JULES...at least you got a drive/type by in, lol! A quick Hi is better than nothing and hoe you are well.

SASSY...have fun de-fleaing the place. The gas around here is down to $2.47 right now...good to see it going down.

NORMA...be careful out there in that heat. I did that one day and swear I thought I was going to die. Came in feeling the same way you did. Thought a cold shower would make me feel better and cool me off but I still felt sick afterward. I learned to split up the yard work when it is that hot and only do the front, or back one day and the other the next day. It was so cool here yesterday I mowed both the front and back. Thanks for the popcorn idea...will have to try it.

CHRISTINE...I think I forgot to welcome you, sorry! There's been so many newbies I think I got everyone and then didn't. But :welcome: glad to have you here.

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Went for my walk at the park this morning. It was so nice and cool, 58 degrees! I love that kind of weather...perfect walking weather. Had some errands to run and then came home cleaned, actually dusted and vacuumed, started a load of clothes, watered the yard and then was off to work out at IF. Man...I missed three days of working out because she was closed Sat & Monday for the holiday and I was draggin today. Moving in slomo. But I got it done and feel better for it. Now if only my head would unstop...darn allergies. Anywho...going to go work on that stubborn patch pf grass out front and that is my day.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a great day!

FrouFrou
09-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Hi LIZ and a great big :welcome: to you! Guess we were posting at the same time. :) Anyway, glad to have you aboard and looking forward to getting to know you better. I think that is great your job has a gym! I too missed the exercise over the long weekend! And if was slowing getting it done this morning...feeling sluggish but then I think it is the allergies bringing me down. Anyway...glad you found us!

mkat321
09-05-2006, 03:54 PM
jane, no coffee yet but the day is still young for me. it's 3:45 p.m. and Dh doesn't get off work til quarter to midnight, so it's usually about 1:30ish before I get to bed. Drinking the last of my koolaid though. Sugar is going to be missed next week when we start the Sonoma Diet...

sassy Yikes on the fleas. Our cat has managed to get them as well, even though she's strictly indoors. What worries me is the only exposure she has to the outside is in my office window, literally one foot from where I sit right now! Gas here in our town is $2.66, down from $2.96 a week ago. Gas twenty minutes away by my parents is $2.49 and has held there since last Tuesday. I also have/had PCOS {my doc says 'had' because my cycles regulated after dd#2, though they've been hit & miss since #3 a year ago}

Liz :hi: :welcome: :) Horseback riding and a free gym? You are living my dream life! :)

:hi to all. AF seems to be on her way out, but storms of the rain & lightning kind are on their way in so no outside walking for me today. :( I AM stalking some TurboJam dvds on Ebay though, anxiously awaiting my comission check for last month so I can order...

jfulldivajackett
09-05-2006, 06:33 PM
ACTUAL FRIGGIN' WEIGHTLOSS!!

If you APPLY yourself- you WILL lose!! This is what I have learned. It has taken me forever to actually realize this- which is quite ridiculous considering the fact that I am 35 years old, and I am not dumb. My husband’s been trying to tell me this for at least four years now. But I never listened because I didn’t want to hear it from someone who worked out every day even when he didn’t want to. I don’t think I’m going to be admitting that he was right because of the simple fact that I WILL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT!!

For the record I have lost five pounds. This is the start of my second week of eating reasonably and riding the bike for 45 minutes- five to six times a week. I’m so excited that I have stuck to this plan- seriously. It feels good to be committed to myself for a change. I think my husband is secretly waiting for me to give up again. He’s a terrific husband, don’t get me wrong...... But I always throw in the towel soon after trying to “diet”. I think the difference this time is that I’m really not dieting. I’m just trying to eat better things, in smaller quantitties and be active. I’m such an Idiot for waiting so long to do this. My goal for next week is four pounds. I think that’s reasonable. I REALLY want to set it higher, but I also want to be realistic. If I can meet this next weight goal, then I am going to add in a windsor pilates DVD that my mother got me for my birthday. I REALLY hate my JABBA belly and would like to be more agressive at defining this area. Pilates helps develope your CORE muscles- so It should be good to add to the cardio.
I don’t want to jump the gun- but I am extremely proud of myself because I really need to lose this weight, for more reasons than just because I want to.
I am going to be thinking about some small, short-term goals, as well as some long- term goals to meet. But first I think I need to get my feet a little more wet. CARDIO<CARDIO<CARDIO!!!

Sassy_Chick
09-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey Everybody.

Intermission here, almost done. Well except the piling heap of laundry. lol.

Hi Jules! :wave:

Jane -- oh my mil isn't really that bad, she just frequently inserts her foot in her mouth. lol. I know I could have it a whole lot worse.......

Mkat -- my cats are strictly indoors too. They got them from the outside "Mama" cat that we feed that sticks her head inside the door when we are coming in or going outside. Glad your cycles are regulated..........

Well sorry to be quick about this but hub should be back from the store, he had to get me some cleaning stuff. (ran out) He was SO thrilled about it too! lolllll.

TTYL.

suetalks
09-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Good evening ladies...Hello and welcome to any of the newbies that I haven't greeted. So glad to have everyone here. I will get to know names and personalities soon.
My life got busy (er) for a couple days...and will stay busy for awhile I imagine.

I took Mom's dog back to her after she got home today. Then when I came home I couldn't help but look for the little darling. Just got used to her running to greet me. But, NO, I don't want a dog. It reminded me that you always have to worry about what to do with the dog when you are not going to be home. And, being one who is used to just picking up and going as I wish, I didn't like that part of dog-sitting. It's fun for a few days. Period! :)

Got laundry and housework caught up today..then got a call for a showing for Fri., so will have to do it all again and more! Sat. I am going to start packing...finally. By then we should be able to move boxes into the garage at the new house. Appliances are coming tomorrow ..(another finally.)

I didn't do as well on food the last three days as I had been..but it wasn't a deal breaker either. Just stalled! I walked tonight and last night both...so all is not lost. Tomorrow is going to see me back on oatmeal, fruit and veggies. AND a bike ride! I am still looking for that 169 mark on the scales! Why do I get to 170 or 171 and just sit there? There has to be a "fat" fairy keeping me from meeting that goal!

Going furniture and drapery shopping tomorrow. Fun!

Sorry to not catch up with individuals. You will all think that "it is all about me..." But I really will catch up soon.

Marti
09-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Good Evening Ladies!!

What a weekend. I didn't go to work yesterday as I had planned. Hubby was home so we both decided that we don't get to see each other much so let me stay home too. :D Then we went out to visit w/my grandpa for a few hours.

I caught a reflection of myself in a window today.....started wondering...when did I get so short?? Then reality hit me, I've always been this short, the weight gain has just really made it more noticable! :lol: working on that though.

Won't be doing individuals tonight.....too much to catch up on. But will try to do some tomorrow before work.

Hope you all had a great weekend and let's pray that this week hurrys so we can have another one!:D

Off I go....chat w/you all in the morning.

Hugs:hug:

Sassy_Chick
09-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Hey Gals.

Well I'm all finished. Just doing laundry.........I do need to dust but I can do that later on today. (Wed)...................

I'm so glad its all done. It wasn't really that bad. Although I do want to do it all again in about a month or so, just to be sure. Maybe next time we can rearrange the furniture and then I can start my fall cleaning. I guess technically today sorta started it but I don't count it really.

Hey Sue! :wave: Glad things are coming together for ya and no worries, we understand your very busy! ;)

Marti -- Love the new avatar, daarrrrrlinnnnnng, its lovely! :) Oh no you mean that once my fat goes my height goes too? lollllll. Oh well, thats okay. ;)

I hope you all are having a wonderful night/morning!!!!!

TTFN! (Ta Ta For Now!) :D

Sassy_Chick
09-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Guess What?????????????????? :D I tried on my old swimsuit and it FITSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind you it is a tad bit tight, but it does FIT!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeeeeee! :dancer:

Anyways. I know its not a big deal, but its something.........

Have a Good Morning.

dressagequeen
09-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Good Morning,

It's Wednesday and fortunately for me, I have only today and tomorrow to come to work. My boss will be at trial tomorrow and Friday, so I won't be seeing much of him.

MKAT, I have loved horses since I was a little girl. I did ride a little bit when my father was stationed in Germany. We had a German instructor and always called the girls, "Girlie" and the boys by their given names. Figure that one out! Then, I never pursued it (meaning nagging my parents to death about it) and just admired from afar.

I didn't start riding seriously (and I use the term loosely) until my DD was in college! Never say never.

Jen, Don't think of being on a diet. You know, DIET is a four-letter word! :p Once you get yourself into a routine of the types of food you eat, you will realize that you are eating good food, losing weight, and eating what you like. Sounds as if you have a good start on your journey. :bravo:

If you have a bad day or weekend, chalk that up to a bad day, and then start all over again. I gained 2 pounds this past weekend, so my goal this week is to stay within my points (I do WW). Never berate yourself; just keep plugging along.

Sorry for the long-winded response. Sometimes, I just get going and can't stop myself. :D

Jane
09-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Welcome to Liz!! :carrot:

Ok ladies, it's that time.... hop on over to Weight Loss and Chit Chat #211! See you there. :wave: