Support Groups - The Shrinking Misfits - September

View Full Version : The Shrinking Misfits - September

u2girl
08-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Hello Everyone:

So glad that you are stopping in. This new check-in is for people that are wanting to shrink the numbers on the scale and really needing some support. Don't be shy about posting. It will be a very relaxed but motivated atmosphere to help us all reach our health and fitness goals.

I would think a introduction is in order. My name is Elycia and I am 30 years old and I live in St. Louis. I have twin daughters (check my avi) and they are the love of my life. Unfortunately, those little darlings left me with some weight that I am trying to shed. I would like to lose about 90 lbs, so I have a ways to to. I am married to the love of my life and just trying to build some healthy habits so that as my girls get older, all they will know is "Healthy Habits!"

So, let me know a little about you and what your goals are. Let's make ourselves a success story!!!!

Elycia

justkeepswimming
08-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Hello :wave: ,

I have been looking for a good place to post.

Let me introduce myself, I am 32 years old, married with 4 kids, ages 11, 7, 5, 2. My husband works out of town so life is hectic :stars: . I am picking up kids from school and daycare and running them here and there. Oh yea, I also work full time (besides the full time job as mom, chaufer, housekeeper, tutor, etc, etc.).

I have been trying lately to figure out how to squeeze a teeny tiny hour into the day for me for exercise :woops: .

I have been working on losing weight for a year now. So far I have lost 20 lbs, I haven't been hard core about it just making a few changes here and there. I would like to now kick it up a notch and be a little more agressive.

My biggest problem is soda, Hi my name is Tina and I am a sugar addict :soap: . Seriously, I have to stop.

I don't want to follow a "plan" or count anything. Otherwise I become totally obsessed with food and everything revolves around food. I don't really view that as healthy relationship with food :nono: .

I simply want to eat better/less and move more.

So I am going to focus on those two things. Hopefully by posting here I can stay focused.

Oh by the way, Elycia, how neat is it that you have twins, I would love to have twins, even now. (No I am not crazy, LOL):crazy:

Tina :dancer:

galengail
08-31-2006, 12:20 PM
:wave:

Hi everyone! I'm new. I just discovered this site last night. I spent hours looking for some sort of active forum for people who understand or are in the same boat I am. I found a startling amount of forums for women (though, I suspect they were mostly teenage girls) that weren't medically overweight, but liked to brag about how they only ate 300 calories a day by skipping two meals. :dunno: Yeah, not what I was looking for. I eat more than 300 calories a day, and I don't swim for three hours every night. Actually, I probably wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit.

Anyway, yay! for finding this wonderful place. I'm 25. I work full time in a construction company office. I love to read, write, crochet, knit, and collect music. I have a boyfriend whom I've been with for nearly five years. I also have the cutest dog in the world. No kids. I don't mind kids, but I'm convinced I'd make the most horrible mother in the world. Kudos to all of you mothers out there. That's a tough job.

I've been overweight since before I can remember. I've never felt like I was normal or thin. Just recently, I actually got up the motivation and knowledge to actually change that. I'm looking to lose about 70 pounds right now. That would bring me down to 160, which would make me dance around like a ninny for at least an hour. I'd eventually like to be less than that, but I'm not going to set my goal any higher for now. If I can get down to 160, it would be the first time I've seen that number on the scale since I was in junior high.

SAHMof1
08-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi, I'm Christi and new here. I am starting my journey,yet again, to a new life and a whole new me. My unrealistic goal is to lost the weight overnight, but I am smart enough to know I didn't gain it overnight therefore I know I won't loose it overnight. In the past I have tried many many many times to lose the weight only to gain more. Just recently have I found out that I am hypothyroid and have been on meds to help control it. I am dedicated to doing this and I will become the skinny me...LOL I am looking forward to getting to know you all and to sharing our weight loss journeys.

galengail
08-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Christi, a friend of mine was diagnosed as hyperthyroid. She was so relieved when the doctor told her that she's wasn't going crazy and she wasn't gaining weight for no apparent reason. The medication she's been given has made her feel much better. I had no idea that such a seemingly small problem could have such a profound effect on your body. It's good to hear that you were able to get a diagnosis on that.

SAHMof1
08-31-2006, 02:13 PM
It really is amazing how your thyroid can cause so many problems. I was recently diagnosed and before diagnosis I gained 20 lbs in three months, since starting medication I have gained 10 lbs since June. I tend to eat a balanced diet and am physically active. I will be glad when I get my meds straightened out and I stop gaining.

Angel33
08-31-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi everyone,
Though I would pop in and say HI!. I have been looking around for the past couple of days trying to find some new threads as the ones I had been chatting in have kinda fizzled out.

My name is Aleecia, I'm 33 married and have one daugther that is 2.5
I joined 3FC back in February and its been a great help to me so far. I have kinda been in a rut for the past month or say and could really use some extra support and motivation. I am also more than willing to provide any support and motivation to others.

Good, bad, lose or gain. Let's all do this together.
Good Luck everyone on your weight loss journey.

Hope to talk to you all soon.

u2girl
08-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Wonderful! I am so excited to meet you guys and hear about your goals and motivations. I just got in from work and I was so excited to see that you guys had posted. Seems like everyone is motivated and raring to lose some of the extra pounds. That's great!

I will be back after dinner to chat with everyone a little bit, but I definitely stop by and say Hi! I'm looking forward to encouraging each other along the journey of reaching our goal.

Tina, so nice to meet you. My little ones keep me quite busy, so I can understand that your schedule can be a little harried. :) That is wonderful that you are trying to make time to exercise. What type of workouts do you like to do? Treadmill, videos, etc? Do tell. :)

Galengail, isn't it so nice to think about how we look when we get to goal? I know that it definitely makes me smile when I visualize myself at goal. That really can be a good motivator as well. Keep checking in and focused and your will reach your goal. I am so glad that you are here. :)

SAHMof1, you have a very realistic view of weight loss and that is a definite plus. So many people want the overnight success and the reality of it is ~~ That is not possible. :) You are probably going to be the one that keeps us on the real in this group. I am so happy that you decided to join us.

Aleecia, I understand what you are saying abut threads thinning out. That tends to happen, so I hope that we keep checking in because that is where the real motivation comes in. So you are ready to be a Shrinkin Misfit? Cooky name I know. But you know what, we are going to shrink. It's just going to take us a little time. :) Thanx for deciding to join.

Well, like I said I will see you all again a little later.

Elycia

harkeyvalley
08-31-2006, 08:01 PM
Hello Ladies,
My name is Norma and I'm a 57 yr. old mother of 3 + 2 step children, grand mother of 12 angels. I don't work outside the house. I love crafts, knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, sewing, quilting, painting (tole), woodworking, and anything new.
Some of the other threads became too overwhelming. I want to be with warm bodies that are like me. I haven't moved in years and it's been tougher than I thought to get moving. I'm a calorie counter who is just cutting back. We have no gyms around here and I want no fancy plans. I'm a turtle who will finish the race. Let the rabbits do their own thing.
Thanks Elycia for inviting me! Looks like a great group of ladies.

Hun.e.B
08-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey Elycia! I missed you on Winning Losers today! I hope we didnt do or say something to chase you away from the group and start up a new one. Tomorrow we start our September challenge I hope you are joining us, here's the link!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92749

The more we get to join the funner this is gonna be! Have a GREAT September everyone!

u2girl
08-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi there Melissa. Everything is cool. Just thought WL was getting too big. I can't keep up. Since WL's is my baby, I will still be around.

Thanx for stoppin in.

Elycia

u2girl
08-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Hey there Norma! How you doing??!! So happy to see you. You have some interesting pastimes. I am not really following a plan either per se, but I am counting calories. I use Fitday.com and it is a awesome resource. It really holds me accountable.

Okay, again, Hi everyone and welcome to The Shrinking Misfits check-in! :) My personal philosophy on check-ins is that they should have infectious energy. Good habits rubbing off on each other and gently pushing each person to success. I love check-ins and think they are great! So everyone post as much as you can and definitely feel free to post your ups and downs. How you dealt with obstacles. Recipes that you found awesome. A workout that you loved. All of those things are the type of things that will really make our thread and our minds thrive and be a success. No pressure, but I feel that really is the best way to meet our goals.

I also want each of your to know that it is really important that you realized that you can't do it on your own. I am a very independent thinker and alot of times try to do things on my own and it really makes it more difficult than it has to be. Losing weight is not easy because it takes time & work, but together we are stronger and can win at losing weight and making healthier food choices.

So since we are just getting started, I 'd like to know a little more about the eating plan you are following. What type of activities are you doing or trying to start? What do you feel has been stopping you from reaching your goals?

Like I mentioned, I am not really following a plan, I am just watching my calories and fat and it has been working so far. I am also only drinking water and committed to only baking, broiling or microwaving my food. No frying or Fast Food! I have been maintaining that for the past 2 weeks. I love working out at home to workout videos. I have over 300 workouts. I love them and enjoy working out. :) The thing that has stopped me from reaching my goals are a combination of things: Busy, unfocused, little laziness, etc. I finally have my mind set to lose the weight and I don't feel I am going to stop until I reach my goal. I'm excited about it all.

Well, I would love to hear more about you guys. I hope to hear from you soon.

Elycia

WhitWhit
09-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Hello Ladies!

My name is Whitney, I am 25 years old and currently in my third and final year of law school. I am single and I do not have any children. I am away from home (Missouri) for school so it makes it somewhat tough to do this all alone - especially on such a busy school schedule.

Months ago I came across this website but simply ignored it. Well, Monday i started my weight loss plan and Tuesday night I stumbled upon 3FC again...this time I joined!

I am very concerned about developing a healthy lifestyle for the following reasons:

1 - Many people in my family are overweight and have high blood pressure, diabetes, or take many prescriptions.

2 - I have dieted since I was 11. I have gained and lost 15-30 pounds countless times. I know that I am ruining my body.

3 - I want a sense of control. I admit, I overeat like CRAZY. I cannot just eat 2 or 3 cookies...I eat the entire box. I cannot just eat a serving of chips...I eat the entire bag. You get the idea.

My plan:
Eating -- I have decided to count calories and keep track of my food intake in an Excel spreadsheet that I created. In the past, being accountable was the only way to stay on track.

Exercise -- I plan to do some form of exercise daily (crunches, pushups, etc). I plan to walk/run 3-4 times per week.

I am really trying to do this for the long run. So I only want to lose 1-2 pounds per week. Looking forward to OUR progress :)

u2girl
09-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Hi there Whitney! Welcome to the group. Guess what! I am in Missouri as well, St. Louis. That is so exciting that you are in your last year of law school. That had to take alot of work and committment. Good for you. If you are able to see law school through to the end, I believe you can succeed in reaching your weight loss goals. Sounds like you have a very sensible plan and healthy and that is great!

Again, Welcome and I certainly look forward to hearing more from you. I am glad that you decided to join this time. Check-ins are a great source of encouragement and can be very motivating. :)

Elycia

u2girl
09-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Hello everyone:

I just got in from work. Phew! What a day. I hope that everyone is doing okay. I am still trying hard to stick to cleaner eating. I did get my workout in today. I did Bust & Butt by the Firm and it was tough. I thought it was a good workout!

So how was everyone's day? What plans do you have for the weekend. Well,I have to get on to dinner. I will try to check in later to see how everyone is doing.

Ciao!

Elycia

onehotmomma
09-01-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm Sara,..23 mom of two boys Seth (just turned 2) and Lance (10 months old today). I would say I've had in issue with weight in a way. When I was in highschool I had a fight with anorexia for about two years. It all ended after graduated and right when I started dating my best friend and now husband!! I was always pretty much a healthy weight when with him. Never had an issue with dating or anything. Then came the boys! *lol*...and with them came about 40 to 50 extra pounds, a flabby belly, bigger arms, legs..back fat!! OHMY LOL. I swear I had 2 years of nothing but maternity clothes...at times I don't even know how to dress myself anymore. I wear a lot of pj type pants and t-shirts, or jeans and t-shirts. I'm looking to lose some weight and hoping that coming to a place like this will keep me a bit psyched about it!

Right now I'm mostly a stay at home momma, I work very part time at our Local YMCA in the daycare. I plan on either getting an associates in Early Childhood Development or becoming a Hair Stylist (both things I love ;). My husband works for Dannon...and works A LOT :)

can't wait to get to know everyone

onehotmomma
09-01-2006, 09:49 PM
I also wanted to add so far I have NO plan *lol*...I have Cut out pop except for an ocasional treat (why completely deny yourself right?). I really drank a LOT of pop...like maybe 4-5 cans a day. I want to get a plan...I need a plan. With two boys 2 and 10 months it's hard to sit down and think of a plan! So anyone with good ideas...I'm open. I need something that doesn't take too much time or too much thought.

u2girl
09-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi Sara,

Welcome to our little group. We are just getting started, but we definitely have goals and aspirations of getting to our slim selves again. I recently had twins and you know, pregnancy really changes your body. I just got my mind set to lose the weight, but the weight isn't slipping away as easily as I would like. Seems like my body wants to hang on to this extra weight and it is quite frustrating.

In terms of diet, I know that you have a busy life with 2 little ones on top of all of the other responsibilities, but is there any type of food that you really hate or any foods that you really love. Alot of the plans popular today cut out or greatly decrease carbs, so if you are a carb junkie, you probably don't want to do Atkins or similar plans. I love carbs, so that type of plan doesn't work for me. But alot of people have had fabulous results. Unfortunately, outside of making healthier food selections, you're probably going to have to find something that works for you so that you have some parameters. Either calorie/fat intake count or points or nutrisystem or whatever works for you. Right now, calorie/fat count is working for me and so I will probably stick with that until the results stop or slow down dramatically.

One resource that has helped me alot is fitday.com. It is a very nice site and it is free. You have the option to buy the program, which I hear is a lot better, but right now the free one has been okay with me.

Well, hopefully, a few of the other ladies will be around soon and will chime in with some of their suggestions. This weekend may be kinda slow though considering it is a long weekend. Anyways, just hang in there and post as often as you can so that we can help and encourage each other along the way.

Look forward to getting to know you better and glad you decided to join us!

Ciao!

Elycia

onehotmomma
09-02-2006, 12:33 AM
thanks a lot! I appreciate it. It's looking like calorie/fat is the easiest way for me to go. I can flip the food right over and see that on the ingredients. What I also need to get down is portion size! I know that's a big deal. My husband loves HUGE portions..he'd love nothing more than for him and I to sit on the couch watching a movie and both to sit with a pint of icecream (yes each). He doesn't see the problem with that. Ofcourse his metabolism is at the speed of light as well.....*UGH*...

I've often wondered if any of those pills work? Not the fat burners but the appetite suppresants *sp...forgive me its late. The few times I've tried with portions before it was HARD. I was still so hungry. And nomatter what drinking water doesn't work *LOL*

harkeyvalley
09-02-2006, 01:02 AM
Welcome Sara & Whitney,
My name is Norma and I'm a calorie counter. Since I'm 57, I am old hand at dieting. I decided that if I was going to lose weight, I had to throw out typical diets and adjust my eating habits for life. Why go on a program that I knew would be foreign to me and that I would cheat on? So, I eat everything I am used to. I either measure or weigh. I have a digital food scale and it measures grams or ounces up to 10 pounds! I've learned to read the back of a package or can and only eat what the recommended portion was. That's new for me. I have added a salad before every dinner to allow me to eat more and feel fuller. I even get dessert. Weight Watchers make great ice cream bars for 110 - 140 cal. and I can't cheat by serving too much. This is a lifestyle I can live with. It may come off slow, I'm averaging 2.5 lbs per week, but I'm feeling no stress. The hardest thing I've had to learn to do was drink lots of water. I'm not a water person, unless I'm bathing in it! Exercise for an obese person is tough, but I'm toughing it out. A little more each time I do it.
I wish you both the very, very best in your weight loss journey. Elycia is a super motivator! If you don't check in with her once in a while, she'll go looking for you. I know. She tracked me down and here I am!
Norma

u2girl
09-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Hi there Norma. Thanx for the compliment. I feel that with a check-in, you should CHECK IN on each other. That what makes you strong and helps you to stick with it.

Sara, in regards to appetite suppressants, I don't know much about those. You mean like Dexatrim or something? I really haven't tried. I know that you said water doesn't work for you but that has been the best for me. Either water or fruit or some type of small energy bar. The goal is not necessarily to get full, but just to shut your stomach up from growling. Definitely try to eat every 3 hours or so to keep your metabolism going and then you shouldn't get as hungry. Typically, it is 3 meals and 2 snacks throughout the day. I know, I know, it is very hard to get those in, but it is doable. Try to get yourself on a schedule and then it will be second nature.

Well, i am off. I have to feed my girls and take them out a little. I will see you guys probably tomorrow. Hopefully everyone is doing well.

Ciao!

Elycia

maryjane1975
09-03-2006, 07:08 PM
i would love to join in this thread if thats ok.

im mary jane im 31 and from ireland. im a mother of 3 children. my youngest is 17 months old and ive been promising that i would diet since before he was born but i just cant seem to get motivated. i have a couple of weddings to go to around christmas this year and this is making me a little more determined but i could still use some support from you folks and would be happy to help you all too if i can :)

harkeyvalley
09-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi Mary Jane: Welcome aboard! Everyone is welcome here. Sounds like you have set yourself your own challenge of weight loss by Christmas. That will be a good motivation for you. We are here to help. Good day, bad day, or any day, you can come and vent. Hopefully, you will brag about how great you are doing. Either way, come. We want to hear from you. We are all in this together. You come from a beautiful country! I would love to go to Ireland. Hope to see you around here often.
Norma aka harkeyvalley

u2girl
09-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi there Mary Jane:

Honored to have you join our little group. :) We are just getting started, so we are in the getting to know each other stage. You are so right that even though we may have determination support is always helpful. I am glad that you decided to join us.

As you can tell from my screename, I am a HUGE U2 fan. I just love the band and of course they are from Ireland. Like Norma said, I would love to visit Ireland. It seems like such a serene place. Maybe one day.

So, you have 3 little ones? I bet they keep you busy. I have 2 little ones and I know that they are always running around. They are my main motivations for losing weight. I have to be able to keep up with them.

Well, hope to see more of you. Hey there Norma. Good to see ya. Thanx for helping to make everyone feel so welcome. You are such a sweetie. How are you doing? I hope all is well and you are still working toward reaching your goals. That is so inspiring that you are willing to stick with it, even though you know the weight loss may be slow. It is so easy to get discouraged, but you aren't. Great to hear Norma. :)

Well, I better get going. Everyone take care and I hope to get to know everyone better soon.

Elycia

harkeyvalley
09-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Hi Elycia: I'm doing great. I got a little overheated yesterday with a 2 hour lawn moving experience, by hand. I got a little dehydrated and came in sick to my stomach and dizzy. I didn't eat but half of my calorie allotment since I didn't feel good. I didn't feel much like eating today, but I'm planning a nice dinner. I've also gotten extremely mad at my scale, telling me lies. I went to amazon and ordered a doctors type scale. I read alot about different scales and I knew my weight would be a life time challenge, so I got one to last for life. I'm still real motivated, still working hard to get enough water (hard for me), and varing my types of exercise as not to get discouraged with the things that I can not do. I'll write when the new scale arrives. I just hope that my weight doesn't jump up because my evil scale lied to me! The scales of justice will be triumphant!LOL
Norma

WhitWhit
09-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Hello ladies! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend.

I've done ok the past few days. I was invited to a cookout yesterday but decided not to go...I just wanted to stay home and relax. Bad idea because I ate a ton of WheatThins and cracker cut cheese. My favorite! Oh well, today was much better. I made up for it by only having 1100 calories, which consisted of tons of fruit.

Another thing about yesterday...I saw a guy that I used to date and he slapped my thigh and said, "Oooooh...those are getting thick!" I wanted to cry! I was probably 145 the last time I saw him and now I'm 156 or so. Damn I was embarrassed! To add insult to injury, he also said, "You know, I can train you to get some of that weight off." Talk about embarrassing... :(

Comments like that make it very easy for me to just starve or only eat one meal a day, but I have to realize that I am in it for the long run. No crash dieting or quick loss this time around. I am trying to lose at least two pounds weekly and I am weighing in on Mondays. I was 161 last Monday and since I was 156.5 mid-week, I guess I hit goal early. But from now on, weigh ins are only on Monday.

Additionally, I have not done much exercise either. I've done little things in my apartment (crunches, lunges, arm weights), but no cardio. I plan to go for a walk/run tomorrow.

Best wishes to all :)

galengail
09-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Norma - Good luck with that new scale. I had a bit of a scale mishap not long ago. The scale I was using was very wrong. Twenty pounds wrong, actually. And not in my favor either.

Whitney - Despite any weight you've gained, what a jerk of a guy to make such a comment. Some guys just don't know when to keep their mouths shut, I guess.

Sara - Cutting pop has really helped me so far. Actually, I started noticing a difference in my energy level right away when I replaced all the pop I used to drink with water. It's amazing how less sleepy and sluggish I am.

Mary Jane - Oh, how I would love to visit Ireland! It seems like such a beautiful place!

My weigh-in days are Tuesdays, but I was so anxious to see the fruits of my first week of dieting that I hopped on the scale this afternoon. I'm down to 249.5!!! Yay! I was very surprised at the difference. I've been strict with myself this week, and I've only eaten what I planned on eating. My calorie intake has been between 1600 to 1900 each day, and I've been walking at least a mile, if not two every day. I think the walking has really helped me, not to mention that portion control that I've got going on. I hope to get rid of that other half pound by Tuesday for an even five. :-) I just needed some dramatic results this first week to give me motivation to continue this for the next several months. I haven't changed any of my tickers or profile to reflect the loss because I want to give the official number on Tuesday. But, yay! Nearly five pounds gone!

galengail
09-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Oh, I forgot to even give my name. Shame on me. I'm Gail. :-)

u2girl
09-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Gail congratulations on that weight loss. That is awesome. Doesn't it feel so good when you see that your sacrifices and efforts have paid off???!!! Very proud of you and the hard work that you put in. Keep it up and you will be where you want to be real soon.

Norma, I tell ya, that scale is NOT my friend. It has been sending me on emotional roller coasters lately. One day I'm up, the next I'm down. It's all over the place and I don't know why, but I always let it control my mood. If I've lost I'm on cloud 9, but if I gain I'm in tears. I don't quite know what is going on considering that I am being very strict on myself. Like many of you guys, I have completely let go of pop. This a MASSIVE accomplishment considering that I was knockin' back 3 liters every other day. Then up until yesterday, I hadn't eaten any fast food. All my foods that I prepare are either baked, grilled, broiled or microwaved. I just can't understand why the darn scale keeps jumping around. Oh yeah, plus I have been working out at least 5 days per week. I don't know what is up, but you know what, I NEVER let that scale completely blow me down. I am in this until the end. I am going to reach my goal of 147 come H$@# or Highwater. :)

Whit, I am sorry that guy was so insensitive to you. Ugh! When are guys going to learn not to say anything about our weight? Especially talking about getting bigger! But, don't let it get you down. Let it motivate you. Everytime you are doing that walk on the treadmill or doing that kickboxing workout, act like you are working out that frustration on him. :) I've had some of my best workout sessions when I am MAD! :) Also, good job of passing on that cookout. That would have been temptation city. :)

Well, I just got finished (yep 10:00 at night) Total Muscle Shaping by The Firm. It was a toughie but fun. I'm trying to stick to a workout rotation and boy was I thinking about sitting out this one. My sweet husband was like "go ahead and get it in" so I did and I am very happy that I did. I've worked out the past 3 days and thankfully tomorrow is a rest day. Yay!

I will see you lovely ladies tomorrow. Everyone have a great evening and morning.

Ciao!

Elycia

rkrs6673
09-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Elycia- What a wonderful group! Your babies are looking so cute as always! I bet they are a true joy to be around :) You are doing great on your weight loss! Congrats. Thanks for telling me about this new group!

Hello ladies! I am 29 married with two children (7 & 4) . I am in my final year in nursing school right now. However, I am sure I will be right back in school when I finished because I intend to get my MSN, and PHD in nursing also. I figure I will be a lifetime student :) Which isn't such a bad thing when you take into account that as a nurse usually one will be touching someone's life in a positive way. Possibly even saving a life along the way. So I am cool with being in school until I have reached the goals I have set for myself.

Let's see I have been eating healthy and exercising for almost a year now. I started on September 10, 2005. It is a bumpy road for me at times but I keep at it. This looks like a wonderful group of ladies and I wish you all the best support I can give!

Hello Whitney - I am also a fellow Missouri Girl:) That guy was a true jerk! You would think that someone you previously dated would be more sensitive about your feelings. To me it shows a lot about his character! Anyway, don't give him another thought! Focus on being healthy for yourself and I am sure you will do great. I also weigh in on Mondays. You seem to be on a great start with your weight loss!

Hello Gail- Wow five pounds gone away is great! I think it is super cool!

Hello Norma- I am so happy to see you here. you are also doing great on your weight loss:) Also I must admit I am a serious calorie counter also:)

Hello Sara- Congrats on cutting out your soda intake! One step at a time is something I feel makes a very big difference. I am sure you will find a plan that will work for you and allow you plenty of energy to run around after your boys. Oh sometimes I miss having babies around the house :)

Hello MaryJane- Wow what a wonderful place to live! I am sure with your motivation and support you will look great by Christmas.

u2girl
09-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Oh my gosh, Kenya it is so good to see you. :wave: I really have been wondering how you were doing. So glad to see that you are still doing great! Tell me about bumpy road. I am just really getting started and it is getting bumpy for me already. I don't know what it is but the scale is just my enemy these days. I have been so happy UNTIL I step on that blasted scale. I hate that thing! I wish I knew how to use the tape measurer because I would do that and just throw out my scale. :mad:

Hey guys, this is our "Dancin' Diva". She dances to lose those pounds. I think that is so good. Working out shouldn't be grueling, it should be something that we enjoy. Are you still Dancin' away the pounds Kenya? Thanx for the compliment on the girls and you are right, they are a joy to be around. :)

I would like to get a challenge started, but I am hoping that the other ladies that joined, post soon so I know they are really on board. Not difficult challenges, just something that will keep us going on the healthy path. I will think of some today and post and we can figure out which one we'd like to do.

Again Kenya, so glad that you are doing fine. Everyone have a great day. I am going to go look at a house today. I really don't like where we live now, so I hope that it works out. :)

Ciao!

Elycia

rkrs6673
09-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Hey Elycia-- I hope you have fun house hunting. I love house hunting :) I also like going to look at new model homes-- even the one's I can't afford right now :) Anyway... Yes I am still dancing :) I am telling you it works for me! It is fun and I can do it with the entire family. You are so right it doesn't feel like exercise at all. I would love to be included in any challenge that you start. I did really good with the month of August weigh in challenge. I lost 15 pounds in the month of August!

Oh my bumpy road... There have been days when I have just not eaten the right foods (cake, bad fast food choices etc.). However, the weight has still managed to come off! School has started back again :) Oh the stress is keeping my weight stable but I haven't lost any real weight in about 2 weeks so I am a little down about that. I am thinking about changing my plan again and maybe adding in some more time for dancing. My husband is away on business so I am missing him very much. Elycia just stick with it one day at a time and the scale with again move. I am like you I don't tend to measure so i just stick with my devil of a scale :) In my eyes you are doing great to me. 13 pounds gone is GREAT! You can do it and you will reach your goal of 147!

tinamarie75
09-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi girls! My name is Tina and I am a 31 year old stay at home Mom living in Northern Texas. Last year I found out that part of my weight problem was being caused by pcos:mad: The doctor first thought that something was wrong during a lap surgery that I had to have due to an ectopic pregnancy. My ovaries were huge(almost the same size as my uterus) Anyway,after losing our baby at 8 weeks I spent a good many months sad and eating my way up tp a size 26:( Now I am 100% ready to lose the weight and have been going to the gym 5 days a week and dieting since 8/14 and have already dropped 20 pounds:carrot: I seem to do well on my own but,think I can do much better with the help of you ladies:) I cant wait to get to know you girls better:hug:
Tina Marie

u2girl
09-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Well Hello there Tina. :welcome2: So happy that you decided to join us. You are just on a roll and doing awesome! I am so impressed with your determination to lose the excess weight. Is something special happening on December 15th or you just made that a personal goal? Either way you are doing awesome and it is so nice to see that type of will power. 20 lbs.!!! WOO HOO! You rawk! You are really working hard. I can particularly relate to some of the issues that you were dealing with. Before the twins, I lost my baby at about 7 weeks and it hurt so bad. I really went through a major depression. It is amazing that even though I never held my baby and it was such a short time, it didn't matter. He was still my baby. So I can certainly understand how the sadness and the pcos would get you down and turning to food. That is wonderful that you are turning yourself around. Very inspirational. Keep up the wonderful job and I certainly look forward to getting to know you better as well. :)

Kenya, yes I LOVED the house. It would be so nice. It is in N. County over off of Graham road. Do you know where that is? Anyways, the neighborhood was just so nice and I would love to raise my girls there. I don't know how it will work out. We rent and while we were there someone else called the man about the house. I don't know how much competition we will have, but I tell ya, I sure hope that it works out. I will keep you posted. Great job on those 15 lbs last month and thanx so much for the kind and encouraging words. Well, I hear one of my little ones. It's time for them to eat. I'll catch up with you lovely ladies later.

Ciao!

Elycia

galengail
09-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Kenya - Wow! You've accomplished so much with living healthy already! I'm amazed at you women who are moms and wives with school/work, but still are motivated and have the energy to work out and eat healthy. I think that is so awesome! I have a dog and a boyfriend, and I still struggle for me time after work. :-)

Elycia - Your daughters are gorgeous! They actually remind me of my cousin's two little girls. They look like they have a mischevious streak. ;-) You should definitely go out and pick up a tape measure at Wal-Mart. I think I got mine for a dollar. There are tons of sites on the internet that will give you instructions on how to properly take your measurements. I took mine on the first day I decided to change my life. It was quite easy, even if my eyes popped out of my head at how many inches my hips were.

Tina - Congrats on the 20 pounds! Yay! Have you been doing anything special to get them off or are you focusing on calories and portion control? I've been walking quite a bit and it seems to do wonders for me. I'm not as winded when I climb a flight of stairs now, and I can actually walk 2 miles. I never thought I'd be doing *that*.

Fluffy Goddess
09-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Hi,
my name's Amanda, I joined a couple of months ago, but have been kinda busy so I didn't find a group to chat with. Now that some of the things have calmed down, I find I'd like to get to know some people! :) I'm 20 years old, have been overweight literally all of my life thanks to too much fast food and hypothyroidism. I started dieting and lost 30 lbs when I was 16, then had to have gallbladder surgery and gained it all back +. I joined TOPS in April with my Mom and have lost 45 lbs so far. I still have 43 to go for my goal, and it just keeps getting harder :( I was doing Jillian Michaels' DVDs but I switched over to Budokon on Sept 1 with a little tredmill thrown into the mix. As for diet: I drink a slim fast in the morning, have a piece of fruit for break, a prepackaged dinner for lunch and a healthy supper. I try to keep snacking down to as little as possible and drink only water, tea and coffee.
I look forward to chatting with and getting to know everyone!
-Amanda
how do you put a ticker on the bottom of your posts?

maryjane1975
09-04-2006, 07:30 PM
hi all. wow you ladies are doing fantastic. i started my diet with gusto today and i think posting on here and reading how well your all doing will definitely give me an extra boost. not just me either i went food shopping today and bought no junk food so all the kids have to snack on is yoghurts and fruit (they arent too happy but they will get used to it). i stuck to the food end of my plan but didnt get the exercise i had planned in as i was up half of the night with the baby so i didnt have the energy. not too worried about that yet though as its early days.

sara: its really hard to cut out the pop isnt it. i can drink a little too much at times too until i make an effort to stop. its all down to habit though and you will be surprised how quickly you get out of the habit of grabbing a can and grab some water instead.

elycia: i tried that fiday.com site and it is really helpful thanks for the tip. well done with the 13 pounds. your doing great. i have to agree with the measuring though. wheni dieted before i found it more exciting to see how close i was getting to a smaller dress size than seeing the pounds drop on the scales. i would love to try a challenge too and will post on here everyday if possible. oh and good luck with the house

norma: wow you seem to have worked out what suits you best and it seems to be working too. well done. i hope you get your new scales soon. i find it hard to drink water too. its not that i dont like it i just keep forgetting. you seem to be really sensible in your approach to weight loss and exercise i can see you doing really well.

whitney: how rude is that man!!i agree with the others take no notice of him. well done with the weight loss

gail: good luck with your weigh in although it sounds like youve done excellent. keep up the good work : )

kenya: oh my goodness well done on that weight loss. you must be so proud of yourself that is a great achievment.

tina: your doing great well done. the ladies on here are very welcoming and im sure youll feel at home in no time.

u2girl
09-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Good Evening Ladies:

I see that we have a new person. Hi Amanda. :welcome: So good to have you join us. I know how life can keep you so busy, and next time you turn around months have past. Well, I'm glad that when you came back you decided to become part of our little group. :) I tell ya, you have done an unbelievable job with TOPS! 45 lbs! :cp: That's wonderful. I know that it is getting hard, because you just want it off already, but keep up with Kenya. She has lost over 90 lbs and still going strong. She is very inspirational and ready to help. But be very, very proud of what you have accomplished so far. That took a HUGE amount of commitment and drive so you can have confidence that you can and will succeed. Great job and so happy that you joined us.

Hi Gail. How are ya? Yeah, I probably should go the tape measure route because getting on that scale is an exercise in frustration. Don't even get me started on what the measurement of my hips will be. I think I'm scared. But everyone has got to start somewhere, i guess. :) Thanx for the compliment on my little ones. You would not believe how much they motivate me to keep going on. They are just the best little blessings ever.

Maryjane, our lovely lady from Ireland. How are ya doing? I'm so glad that reading some of the post gave you a boost. That is the beauty of a check-in. It is very likely that someone will be dealing with or say something that can really help you unbeknownst to them. Glad you were able to find Fitday to be of help. It is a really neat site. Bit of a pain at first when you have to log in all of your food. But after awhile, we tend to eat some of the same things and so it is not such a big deal anymore.

Well, ladies, I know I said that I was going to put up some challenge ideas today, but I haven't gotten a chance to think about it yet. But I promise, I will come back a little later tonight.

Later gals.

Elycia

u2girl
09-04-2006, 11:55 PM
As promised, I am back with some challenge ideas that may be options for us. I thought we could start out with an easy one and then move up to actual weight loss challenges. These are just some healthy things to try to integrate into our daily lives. Ok, here goes:

- Daily Multivitamin (Imp. to get in a habit of getting that in daily)
- Water (Minimum amount of water to get in everyday)
- Be kind to yourself Challenge (You have to say 5 good things about yourself to yourself everyday)
- Fruit and veggies Challenge (Minimum of 5 servings a day)
- Exercise Challenge (Minimum number of days to get in activity per day and/or week)

So those are a few ideas. Let me know what you think. Everyone will need to check in daily and let us know how you are doing. Post and let me know what you think would be a good one. Try not to pick one because it is the easiest for you. It is a challenge afterall. :) If all of these seem to be too easy for everyone, please let me know. I'll be waiting to hear what you guys think. Rewards will be the confidence that you will gain from your determination and success, a healthier you AND you will be given a very special title :)

So, let me know what you are thinking. I look forward to hearing.

Elycia

harkeyvalley
09-05-2006, 02:35 AM
Elycia:I think these are all good challenges. I don't think they are as easy as you think. Water is terribly hard for me. I have a "water is for bathing" mentality! I can't remember the last time I said something nice about my self either. So any or all of these are good choices.

Gail: You turkey! I was feeling bad enough about my evil scales. Did you have to share that your scales were off 20 lbs! I sure hope this doesn't happen to me. I won't forget your nameany time soon! LOL Just kidding. You're the person at the party going around and popping the balloons. LOL BTW I'm a knitter and crocheter too!

Kenya: You're going to have to be our inspiration. You need to share your story. We would all love to hear it.

Amanda: Sounds like you're doing really good with TOPS. I love TOPS but since I moved to this rural area, I have to drive 45 minutes to get to one and that's too costly with the price of gas. 3fc is the next best thing!

MaryJane: Hope you're doing great on your weight loss. I keep thinking about one of my favorite movies "The Quiet Man" shot in Ireland when I see your name.

Tina & Tina Marie:Howdy neighbors. Being from Arkansas I have traveled to Texas and I have family in Abilene. I hope it's cooling off for you. It's been really hot here. I hope you guys are settling in on a weight loss plan.

Sara:With 2 boys, maybe you should start easy. Say only eat what a suggested serving is. On all cans, boxes, & bottles they suggest the amount of a serving. You will find that you generally get 1/2 cup of this and 2/3 cup of that. That way you don't have to think and you get used to smaller portions of things. Stop eating when you are no longer hungry. Not when you are full. This works for me. Give it a try.

Whitney: How's the calorie counting? I love it. I can plan for an event with my calories so even cake or pie is okay if I'll budgeted for it. Also, unless you value the opinion of the dweeb, ignor him. He is not worthy of your thought!

Christi: We just got back from a Okla vacation. I loved the aquarium in Jenks and the museum and home of Will Rogers. Good luck with your dieting.

I hope I got everyone. This group is really growing. I wish you all well and hopefully good losses this week

Norma

rkrs6673
09-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Elycia- of course I know where Graham road is at :) I am a north county resident myself! I am happy you liked the house. I have a very close friend who stays in Florissant off Graham road plus my doctor’s office is right off 270 & Graham road. I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys to get the house!

I also love the ideas for the different challenge. I really need to take a daily vitamin, plus increase my water :D I do at least 20 minutes of dancing everyday but if I were challenged I would try to increase that number. Wow I can’t wait to hear what the other ladies think. For me I am going to start off with the vitamin because this is very important for my health. Thanks for the wonderful new challenges!

Hello Tina Marie- Congrats on the 20 pounds! You are off to a great start! :carrot: I also like the fact that you are going to the gym five days a week. Wow you are just doing super!

Gail- Thanks for your kind words. I also now enjoy walking also. I always park very far away when I go grocery shopping or even to the mall. Then I walk brisk going into and out of stores. When we first moved into our home I hated walking up and down the stairs. Now I am able to run up and down the stairs and still not be out of breath. Oh, when we first moved in I had to hold on to the rail and rest as I was going up the stairs :^: I see you have a New Years goal and I think that is great!

Hello Amanda- CONGRATS! You have lost so much weight so far. That is super cool. In my eyes you are so close to your goal weight. Wow I bet you are super proud of yourself! I am very happy for you. I also drink slim fast in the morning :smug: Just keep at it and the weight will keep melting off of you! Again congrats on your weight reduction so far!

MaryJane- Congrats on sticking to your plan! I feel getting the eating down to the way you like it is the biggest battle so I am very proud of you. I am sure you will get your exercise in when the time is right! Oh the joys of having a baby. Sometimes I seriously want to have another baby :^: however I think we are finished with our active bunch of two :dizzy:

Norma- I will try to type more about my story later. I am off to school and I need to Read, read, read today! However you are doing great! Which plan are you following now? Whatever it is keep up the good work.

OK ladies today is going to be a good day for me. I am about to go and dance now while I make breakfast for the kids and then again when I finally make it home.. Have a great day ladies!

u2girl
09-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Hello ladies:

Just got finished working out. It was a toughie. I am doing a FIRM rotation. It should really get me in tip top shape real soon. So how is everyone doing? Okay, Norma and Kenya, so any of them would be okay for you. When I get home from work today, I will see what everyone else has to say and then we will go from there. How about that?

Well, I am running a little late. I have to make a few stops before going in. You guys take care and I will see you later on this evening.

Ciao!

Elycia

galengail
09-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Amanda - Welcome! Congrats on the weight loss already. You've halfway there! As for the tickers at the bottom of each post - they are signatures. If you click on someone's ticker it should take you to the place where they got it. One of mine is from this website and the other is from tickerfactory.com Fill in the info, pick a background and a marker, then go to the User Control Panel on this message board and edit your profile. Paste the BB Code that the ticker website gives you into your signature. Hope that helps!

Elycia - All of those challenges sound great! I'm already taking a multi vitamin everyday, and I think I'm getting 5 servings of fruits and veggies, too. However, it's one of those things that if I don't make a conscious effort to continue it, then I'll slack off and forget.

Norma - LOL I'm sure your scale isn't off by twenty pounds. This one is ancient, and I'm sure it has gotten worse over the years. Several months ago we got a new female employee who was so thrilled that she has lost weight that she pigged out on a huge bag of chips at lunch. No one thought to tell her until after lunch that the scale was off. Her poor eyes got as big as half dollars. Oh, and I love crocheting. I actually taught myself to knit first. Then when I learned how to crochet, I became spoiled since it is so much faster than knitting. I can't even tell you how many scarves and afghans I've made this summer. People give me weird looks since it's 90 degrees out and I'm knitting a scarf. ;-)

Kenya - I love the idea of parking far away and making shopping an exercise. I'll definitely do that the next time I go to the store. Every little bit helps. I've really enjoyed walking this past week. I started out with a mile walk around this time last week, but over the weekend I kicked it up to two miles since the weather was nice, and I had tons of free time. It's so nice to be able to walk that far without feeling like I'm gasping for breath or need to sit down. And, I hear you on walking up the stairs without getting out of breath! Isn't it a wonderful feeling? I can see the difference even after just a week of walking regularly.

onehotmomma
09-05-2006, 12:43 PM
thanks, I will try the portions idea. I know it's hard being a mom with young kids. Especially because your always in such a rush you eat what is readily available!!!

I've been drinking lots more water as well.

justkeepswimming
09-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Hello ladies :wave: !

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I was spending some quality time with husband and kids before he left out of town for work.

Wow, so many posts I had to catch up on :faint: LOL.

It looks as though I am not the only Tina, and we are both from Texas, how funny is that! I am in West Texas and we have had non stop rain this entire weekend. In August we had more rain than we have had in along time.

I like the challenge ideas, I have to focus on no sodas, no fast food, and daily exercise. Non of these are going to be easy for me. I have a crazy busy schedule. I also think I am going to try focusing on inches instead of pounds for something different.

I have been thinking about joining a gym, I just hate signing contracts, I have home equipment I just cannot seem to find time for them. Why do I think I will find time at a gym? Maybe because I can get away from the kids for a bit at a gym, I don't know. I have thought about exercising at home in the a.m., I am so not a morning person. I sound like I'm just making a bunch of excuses. Maybe someone should just slap me :drill: and tell me to just do it (like myself).

Well I promise to check in more often :callme:, after all I know that if we are all in this together we can be push each other in a positive manner :cheer: .

Talk to Ya'll later,

Tina R

harkeyvalley
09-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Kenya: I am a calorie counter and I'm really liking it. This FitDay has made it so much easier. I just type in what I eat and it tells me the calories and a running total for the day. The nice thing about it is I type in what I'm planning to eat and I know my totals before I start the day. This way I can have a goody at night and not be cheating! I applaud you on your schooling. I would love to go back to college. I dropped out before getting a degree. I guess I feel I'm too old.

Gail: You had me really laughing to my self over that poor girl and the chips! What a riot! You did make me feel better about having a difference when the new scale arrives. 2 or 3 pounds is so much better than 20!
I am knitting a sweater and I'm not nearly as fast a knitter as I crochet. If I don't get started in the summer, it won't be ready by winter.

Tina R: Glad you're back! Family time feeds the soul and doesn't have any calories, so consume as much as you can! As for the diet, maybe you can't see the forest through the trees. Step back and pick one thing. When you have mastered that one thing, add another. In the beginning, it's too overwhelming if you try to do everything that you think your body needs or doesn't need. Give yourself some time. You didn't put it on overnite. Learn to joy the journey!

Hello Elycia, Christi, Sara, Whitney, Amanda, Tina Marie, Mary Jane & Aleecia I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

You all have a super good day. Happy dieting!

Norma

Fluffy Goddess
09-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I totally agree with Norma's idea about stepping back and concentrating on 1 thing, mastering it and adding another. I worked on a daily exercise habit first cause I just loved food too much to deal with it first.
as for the challenge: I really like the Daily Multivitamin and the Be kind to yourself Challenge because I'm really bad at both of those. Do you guys take the 'specially formulated weightloss vitamins' or just a regular one? Sorry I can't do a longer post, my puppy just had surgery today and wants to be held :(
see everyone tomorrow!
Amanda

maryjane1975
09-05-2006, 07:58 PM
good evening ladies.

just quickly checking in to see how everyone is doing, and your all doing fab of course :D .

ive had a little slip today (already:( ) but not done too badly as weve been decorating since midday its not far off midnight now and ive only just finished so i certainly got a lot of exercise in. we have some more work to do here tomorrow so im going to pick up a diet ready meal to have handy so im not tempted to stray again.

im looking forward to this challenge it should be a real motivator. i have to get to bed now and ill check in tomorow. :wave:

tinamarie75
09-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi girls! (I am still trying to get everyones names down:o ) Well,today I upped my tredmill time to 45 min at a 3%grade, I thought my legs were going to fall off after the first 20 minutes but pushed myself to finish:carrot: I think it will be added to my daily routine now! On a good note my clothes are getting much looser even though the scale seems to be stuck for the moment. Well,I need to go read the rest of the post I missed today so,I will BBS;)

Tina,I live right outside of Wichits Falls:D

u2girl
09-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Okay, since everyone was pretty open to whatever challenge idea, I guess I will just pick. I got to thinking about it and I think that starting healthier habits starts with your mindset. Therefore, let's start with the mind.

Our first challenge will be:

:cheer: :cheer: BE KIND TO YOURSELF CHALLENGE:cheer: :cheer:

Now at first you may say, oh that is easy, but the challenge comes in because I'd like everyone to post their nice things each day. To type it and see it in print almosts cements it in your mind. Also, so often, we our the toughest critic on ourselves, so these are going to be five things each day in which we are not negatively critiquing ourselves. Especially in the beginning, it doesn't have to be very deep, just positive. No one is obligated to do it, but I think it is a good way to get us off to a very positive start. So, how does everyone feel about that? I plan to think of some nice things and we can get started tomorrow. I look forward to hearing the nice things we have to say about ourselves.

ETA:

Keep in mind that what may be positive to you may not be for someone else.

It's okay if your positive is the same as another persons. It is what is positive for you afterall. :)

Try not to duplicate your response from another day.

Try not to make this too hard. It's a challenge, but just post what comes first to your mind.

Ciao!

Elycia

harkeyvalley
09-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Elycia: 5 things! I have trouble thinking about 1 good thing about me!
Oh well, it's 1 hr and 14 minutes until Wed. I'm going to post tonight since I won't be back until late tommorrow. Here goes.

1. Norma has a great sense of humor. (Don't they always say that fat people are jolly?)

2. Norma is a good Mother.

3. Norma is an even better Grand Mother.

4. Norma is fun to be around.

5. Norma is sentimental.

This may not be what you wanted, but I have a tough time thinking positive thoughts, when I mostly think of myself with negative thoughts.

Amanda: Hugs & Kisses to your poor puppy!

u2girl
09-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Hi Everyone:

Norma that was perfect. Very good and great to see that you were able to say those nice things about yourself. Doesn't that feel good? It will feel better as we continue to do this, I hope. :) Even though you may already know those things, this was a nice reminder.

Okay, my five things. This is a tough one for me as well. Okay:

1) I am an awesome mom to my daughters and wife to my husband.

2) I am a responsible parent and person overall.

3) I am a trustworthy person.

4) I am a strong woman, physically and emotionally.

5) I like being me.

Okay so those are mine. It took me awhile to think of those and as the days go by, I really don't know if it is going to become easier or harder. It might be easier because I am thinking more positive about myself and maybe positive thoughts will start to flow. It may be harder though if that doesn't happen and I can't think of anything else. This is going to be quite interesting.

Fluffy, I am sorry to hear about your puppy. I remember when our cat has CRF. We went through so many treatments and it was rough! Hang in there. I am looking forward to hearing your positive comments about yourself. :)

Tinamarie, good job on increasing in your speed and incline. That is a good way to keep that weight loss going and preventing plateaus. You are doing so good. Keep up the excellent job and posting how you are doing. That will keep us all pumped. :)

Well, Maryjane, if you slip, don't give in to it. Just "Dust Yourself Off and Try Again". Never feel that just because you slipped up it is okay to throw off the rest of the day or week. It is great that you moving. It's great that you realize that even though you may not be running outside or doing a video, you are still doing activity when you are working. You are doing awesome!

TinaR, I am so NOT a morning person either. Completely a night owl, but I tell ya, getting my workouts in in the morning is the best way for me. After you do it for awhile, it won't be a problem, but you do have to get over the first few times. Too many things happen or get in the way for me if I wait until the evening. If you have a chance, give it a try for like a week. You will know if it works for you or not. Some people it doesn't, but it will ensure that you get your workouts in. I workout most every morning and I will be here to try to get you motivated to do it as best as I can. :)

Hotmomma, great job on that water and working on portion control. Those are definitely excellent ways to get your weight loss going. Keep posting here and keeping us updated on how that is going.

Well, I have to go spend some time with my little ones. They are done with their bottles now. I look forward to reading everyones post when I get home this evening.

NOTE: I amended the Challenge post above with a few more ideas regarding the challenge.

Ciao!

Elycia

Angel33
09-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

WOW there a lot of posts. Still trying to catch up and read through them all.
Just wanted to check in and say Hello! I had a wonderful long weekend with my daughter and hubby. We had so much fun together. We really needed that.
Didn't get too out of control as far as eating but not a lot of exercise. But I'm back to work today and back to the grind.

Nice to meet all of you and I hope to be around a little more to get to know all of you.

Elycia-the challenge sounds great. I will have to think about 5 things and get back with you.

Well gotta run for now. Talk to you all later.

u2girl
09-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi Angel. So good to hear that you had a good long weekend with your family. That's so nice. Life keeps you so busy that sometimes it hard to get those type of memories in. Glad to hear that you are getting right back on track. Very positive way of thinking and doing. Look forward to hearing more from ya.

Ohhh, I just got finished working out. Calorie Killer. It was tough as well. I am working out so much and I tell ya, that scale is just not willing to budge. I don't know what is going on, but I'm not going to give up. I am going to lose this weight and be a healthy person and be a good example to my daughters. The thought of them eating the way I use to just sickens me. I have to get it under control NOW! So, I stick with it no matter what that darn scale says. :)

Well, I really better get going. See everyone later on and have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Ciao!

Elycia

galengail
09-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Good morning gals! I'm with you, Elycia - I'm curious to see if this challenge becomes easier or harder as the week goes on. One one hand, we could start running out of positive things to say, but on the other hand, we could actually switch our mindsets to be more positive about ourselves.

Okay, my five positive affirmations for today.

1) I am a very independent person.
2) I am well read.
3) I can learn very easily in a variety of ways.
4) I am a good judge of character.
5) I can laugh at myself.

Hey, that wasn't *too* hard. Although, I worry about coming up with five things later on in the week.

I've been doing really well on my "diet". I've been sticking to my menu plans each day and not adding anything that I had not mapped out at the beginning of the week when I went to the grocery store. On top of my usual 1.5 mile walk in the afternoon, I did a bit of a workout yesterday during my lunch hour. I lifted some small weights and did some squats, crunches, leg lifts, and girly push-ups. I'm feeling it today, but I'm anxious to get back in there and try again. Any minor soreness is a small price to pay to get in shape. I've not been pushing myself too hard, so I'm sure this soreness will pass once my muscles get used to actually working. ;-)

tinamarie75
09-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Good morning ladies! I am back from the gym and feel great other than I am a tad bit sleepy:o Before starting my diet/excercise routine I would stay up til at least midnight when my hubby got home and now since starting (8/14)I go to bed with my kids at 9:00 so I will be ready to workout in the morning . Last night I made the mistake of staying up til 10:30 and now I am paying for it. Oh well,I will survive;)

5 positive things about me(well 3 things, I am still thinking;) )

#1- I am a great Mom
#2- I am a good wife to my hubby of 10 years!
#3-I am a very caring person and will help someone out without thinking twice.

SAHMof1
09-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey just wanted to check in after the long weekend. Things here are doing great. We went on a family camping trip for the holiday and wouldn't you know it I got sick.. Just a sinus infection, nothing major.. Good news is I have managed to lose 2lbs. So thats 2lbs towards my goal. Whoohoo!!

rkrs6673
09-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Ok well

1. I am a great mom
2. A wonderful wife :)
3. A super friend
4. A great student
5. A fantastic public speaker

Whew---ok that was not so bab.

I hope everyone is having a great day. I am super sleepy :( I think I need a nap!

SAHMof1
09-06-2006, 05:27 PM
5 positive things about myself... ok here it goes

1.) I am a great mom and wife
2.) I have a great personality
3.) I have a beautiful smile
4.) I have found the strength and motivation to take control over my life
5.) I have lost two pounds :)

maryjane1975
09-06-2006, 07:50 PM
ooh this is so hard here are my five things:

- i am a good mother and wife.
- i am a good daughter.
- i am a loyal and trustworthy friend.
- i am honest.
- i am very caring.

gosh that took a while. this is a great challenge as we get so caught up in the bad things about ourselves we seldom remember the good things.

i hope everyone had a good day today. gotta get to bed its late. night all

Fluffy Goddess
09-06-2006, 08:26 PM
4.) I have found the strength and motivation to take control over my life
I really like this one! I just want to say congratulations to everyone for taking control of their lives. It is an amazing and difficult choice and takes huge amount of willpower to get up and exercise and eat right everyday. So CONGRATULATIONS! :carrot:
anyway, my 5 positive thoughts today were:
1. I got throught the entire 50 minute Budokon workout without stopping once! :)
2. I look really good in my smaller jeans
3. Cool, I could lift it without help.
4. The tredmill is getting easier
5. I really like my hair this way.
my dog thanks you for the well wishes, she's doing much better today.:^:
See everyone tomorrow!
Amanda

u2girl
09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Wonderful! It is so good to see all of the positive things that everyone has to say about themselves. That is so good. Everyone try to keep up with affirmations each day for as long as you can/need to. It will make a difference in how you look at yourself and will help you to reach your goals.

Now, another thing that I am doing that I think would be helpful and fun at the same time is making a motivation board. A project!! Anyways, here is what I plan to do:

In a place that very visible like my kitchen or bathroom, I will put up a motivation board where I can display helpful notices to myself. Just like a poster board or something. I'm going to put things like:

Motivation Board Ideas

-Inspirational thoughts that I read or heard

- Jokes that cheer me up.

- Anything that helps me when feeling discouraged

- Reminders of my goals

- Healthy recipes I want to try

- Before and a place for my after photo

This is something that I am going to start on. It may take a couple of days to finish since I am soooo busy, but I think it will really help to keep me motivated. When I finish, I will take a photo and post for you guys to see. Don't expect anything mah-velous. :) Just a poster board to keep me pumped! I am really motivated to lose this weight and I will take any and everything that will keep me going.

Keep in mind that no one is obligated to do this. You will find that I will always be throwing out ideas and things to try to keep us motivated so we can all start or continue "Shrinkin'!! :)

:cheer:Pump Talk:cheer:

I know we can all be successful! We just have to stick with it and not give up. No matter what the scale says or the negative family member or co-worker or if our mind seems to be playing tricks on us, we can't give up. We are working towards a goal and it's not an option to give up. Each of us noted 5 positive things that shows we can succeed in what we choose. Let's reaffirm to ourselves each day that we can succeed in losing weight.
Never forget that "The Mighty are those who conquer themselves."

phoxiekat
09-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Hello! I hope it's not too late to join...

Thanks, Elycia, for letting me know of this new little group! I was feeling a little overwhelmed at WL because I just don't check in often enough to keep up with everybody :dizzy:.

My name is Stacy and I live in South Dakota. Yep, people actually LIVE HERE!!! Anyway, I've been overweight all my life. I've started and stopped dieting so many times that I've lost count. This time I started at the end of May. I had been steadily losing 1.5lb/week just counting calories, but suddenly the :evil: scale has decided to defy me. I'm up a few, but am not willing to change my tickers just yet. I'm giving it a week to come back to reality (well, my reality that is).

As for daily life, I am married and have an (almost) 17mo old daughter who is the love of my life. I am in my final semester for a BS in Civil Engineering and I also work about 20hrs at an asphalt paving company. I also have a BS in Architecture, so I'll be looking for a job that I can use both of my degrees very soon! We would like to have a few more children, and my goal is to be at 200lb or less before we try again...

harkeyvalley
09-07-2006, 12:44 AM
Welcome Stacy! We have a great bunch of ladies. Sounds like you have the motivation. We'd love to hear more from you and we can all help each other in our weight loss journeys.

Hi Ladies: I just wanted to check in and let you know I was thinking about you all. I love the inspiration I get from reading your posts and your drive to exercise (I'm working on it) and staying on track. You guys are terrific. Keep up the good work!

Norma

rkrs6673
09-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Hello! I hope it's not too late to join...
Thanks, Elycia, for letting me know of this new little group! I was feeling a little overwhelmed at WL because I just don't check in often enough to keep up with everybody :dizzy:.

Well Hello Stacy---- That is what happened to me as well. It is nice to see you here. Congrats on your weight loss so far! I think you are doing great :)

Hello ladies, I am wishing everyone a great day! I am on my way out the door......:dizzy:

u2girl
09-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Good Morning Ladies:

I hope that everyone is going to have a Tremendous Thursday. I plan to. :) Just got finished with my workout. This morning was Complete Aerobics and Weight Training, another FIRM. I am doing a FIRM rotation this month, so everything should be FIRM as long as I stick with the rotation. :) It was tough, but that is okay. I like tough workouts. Make me feel like I am accomplishing something.

So how is everyone? Stacy!!! So good to see you and hear that all is okay. Wow, 2 degrees in what are tough subjects IMHO!! That is wonderful. I can certainly see how busy your life can be and why you are not able to check in all that often. Well, it is admirable that you find the time in your busy schedule to take care of yourself. That pump talk that I posted yesterday was for everyone, but it was for me too. That darn scale can get me so frustrated that I hate getting on it, but I'm so curious if the scale has moved. Like you said it is evil. :devil: My husband has hid the scale because it really gets to me when it doesn't move or goes up. Anyways, so good to see you and keep up on that 1.5 per week weight loss, that is great!

Norma, thanx for checking in and being so welcoming. You are so right. Reading the posts of others can be so inspiring. :)

Kenya, thanx for stopping in and wishing us all a great day. I hope that it is for you as well.

Okay, to keep myself on a positive mindset, I am going to continue to challenge myself with affirmations.

1) I am a smart woman.
2) I love my height.
3) I started a wonderful and inspiring check-in. :)
4) I am a pretty good cook.
5) I have drank no pop for over 3 weeks now. Yay!

Amanda, would you fill me in on what Bukudon is? Is it some type of Yoga? Congrats by the way of getting through it without stopping. Also congrats on lookin good in those smaller size jeans. :cp: That has to be a great feeling. I know I will be doing handstands when I feel comfortable in a pair of jeans again. :)

Gail, great affirmations as well and for throwing in a little extra with your workouts. It's amazing what small changes can do. Keep up the good work!

Well, I better get going. I believe, I missed a few, but I promise to get to you a little later. Everyone have a great day and try to think positive thoughts and stay focused. We are all on our way. :)

Ciao!

Elycia

SAHMof1
09-07-2006, 11:25 AM
today's positive thoughts...

1.) I made a 5 mile bike ride yesterday
2.) Today I have already accomplished my cleaning, got dinner in the slow cooker, and walked on the treadmill
3.) I have been drinking my water everyday for the past 3 weeks
4.) I am a great friend
5.) I have a wicked sense of humor ;)

wow today was alot harder than yesterday.. I guess its still too early for my brain to do some thinking.. LOL

galengail
09-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Welcome Stacy! Congrats on the weight you've already lost!

Elycia, I love that motivation board idea. Looking at it at least once a day will give you that extra little push to keep going in the right direction. Definitely take a picture and show us all how it turns out.

I'm loving all these affirmations you all are coming up! Let's see if I can challenge myself this morning with five more positive comments about myself.

1) I'm a great and supportive girlfriend.
2) Most of my opinions are based in logic.
3) I'm good at diffusing overly emotional situations before they explode.
4) I'm unconventional.
5) I love helping people.

I did some squats on Tuesday, and my thighs were sore all day yesterday. They're feeling much better this morning, so I'm going to jump back into the fray and do some more. I'm loving the little dumbbell weights. I have a small 2 pound set right now, but after a couple weeks of working with them, I'm going to run off and buy the next size up. I want to see some muscles in my arms!

justkeepswimming
09-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Well,

I have been avoiding posting because of this positive affirmation thing. I kept thinking tomorrow I'll do something so I can post something. What kind of warped mind do I have? I actually think I don't have anything good to say about myself? I see a problem there. I don't have to wait until I lose weight to have something good to say about myself, I mean being skinny doesn't complete me, KWIM? Anyway here I go.

1) I have a wonderful, loving relationship with my husband.
2) My kids are growing up to be great kids. (I have 4)
3) I haven't given up on myself. (there is still hope)
4) I have a great job.
5) I filled out this list.

It's a start. What bothers me more is the fact that it was so hard to do :chin:.

Tina R.

rkrs6673
09-07-2006, 01:00 PM
ok, Ok, OK

let's see

1. I have lost 95 pounds :)
2. I am a great sister!
3. I really like myself
4. I am a really good cook, baker
5. I honestly love myself

Fluffy Goddess
09-07-2006, 10:46 PM
hey everyone!
Five positive things were really hard to come up with today. (I'm feeling a little broody.)
1. I'm commited (I went to TOPS even though i suspected i gained.)
2. I broke out of the box and went out to dinner with the girls. (i'm shy, i usually just leave after the meetings)
3. I'm resourceful.
4. I squeezed in extra workouts today at break and lunch at work.
5. I'm relaxed. When everything at work went wrong today I just laughed.
TGIF tomorrow, Everyone have a Fantastic Friday!
Budokon is a program that meshes yoga and martial arts by Cameron Shayne. There is a 30 minute yoga practice followed by 17 minutes of martial arts, then 3 minutes of meditation in the 50 minute workout. I bought the weightloss series which came with a 50 minute program, a 40 minute one and a 30 minute one. You start with 50 minutes because it provides more resting oportunities.
-Amanda

u2girl
09-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Hello ladies:

How was everyones day? Was it Tremendous? :D Well, I don't know if my day was tremendous, but it was not bad at all.

Kenya, I think we are going to get that house that we like. My husband talked to the man today and it sounds like there will be no problems. Aww, I will be so happy to get out of this crappy neighborhood that I live in now and it is such a cute little house. I think that it will be just perfect. I will know for sure this weekend and I will let you know what happens.

TinaR. Girl, you don't have to worry about the affirmation thing. You do not have to do that at all. That is completely voluntary. I'm sorry if I made anyone think that they HAVE to do it because you don't. Any challenges that are posted, you don't have to do it. Do I believe it would help? Yes, but I NEVER want you to not post because of a challenge. Always feel free to come and post anytime you feel like it. Please don't feel pressured. :)

Gail, you got those DOMS, huh? :) You know, those are a pain (sometimes literally) but they are always a good sign to me that I am doing something right. Using muscles that my body isn't use to me using. After they leave and if you keep up your exercise regimen, you won't be hassled by those again. That is unless you try some total different type of workout. You are really rockin. Ohhh, aren't weights beautiful. I love em, they make me feel sooo powerful. Firm workouts are always weights, well they use to be, and I just love it.

Amanda, your #5 positive tells me that you must be in a good place mentally. That's great! When I am in that situation, sometimes I laugh and then other times, I just wanna cry I'm so frustrated. Anyways, great job and thanx for explaining Bukudon. I had not heard of it before. Learned something new about exercise. :)

Well, ladies, looking forward to tomorrow! Everyone take care and I will see you guys tomorrow.

Ciao!

Elycia

harkeyvalley
09-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Hello Ladies:I'm akinda bummed out. The scale's not moving and it's depressing me. My new doctors scale has shipped but has not arrived. I did have a NSV with another 3 1/2 inches gone but I'm afraid I'm addicted to that lousy scale! It's tough to think about any thing good about myself feeling like this but I will try.

1. I'm very creative
2. I'm crafty
3. I'm a good cook
4. I'm honest
5. I'm thoughtful

I don't know what's worse. A root canal or this list!

rkrs6673
09-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Wow Elycia-- I am keeping my fingers super crossed for you. It will be so exciting!

How is everyone doing? Have a good weekend ladies

u2girl
09-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies:

How is everyone? Well it's Friday and I hope that it is a Fabulous Friday for everyone! I just got finished with my workout. This morning was Fat Blasting Cardio. It was okay. It was only 30 min. Unfortunately the cueing lacked much, so I messed up a few times. It frustrates me when I get lost in the cueing because it is hard to catch up. Well, I completed it nonetheless and tomorrow is A REST DAY! Yay! Well, I will be back at it again on Sunday.

Norma, :hug: Sorry about the scale. Isn't it frustrating? Thank goodness I don't have access to the scale anymore because it is just too frustrating. Putting in all of the hard work, but feeling like it is fruitless. We just have to keep in the forefront of our minds that we are doing wonderful things for our body. Our body systems thank us everytime we make healthy food choices and take the time to get moving. Be proud of what you have accomplished so far because you are doing great! It's inspiring to see that you stick with it no matter what. That is really a HUGE feat! Keep up the good work Norma. :)

Kenya, I know I am hoping for the best. Wow, it would be so nice. I know our schedules are so busy, but maybe we could get together and walk one day. My new house has a nice size lower area which I am going to take part of it and make it my workout area. Ohhh, it will be so nice. I use to have my own fitness room, with all of my equipment and everything, but when the girls came, it became their room. :( ;) Anyways, the new house will take care of all of that.

Well, ladies, I have to get ready for work. Thankfully this is the last day of training, so I can work p/t hours now. Thank goodness. I am really missing my daughters.

Oh yeah, let me see if I can think of 5 more positives for today.

1) I am very determined.
2) I have a nice voice.
3) I am a nice person.
4) I am loved by my family.
5) I am a quick learner.

Well, I really better go now. Yanno what guys, I think this is getting easier. I belted those out in less than a minute. Uh-oh, I think I am on a roll. :)

See you lovely ladies later and I wish you all a Fabulous Friday!

Ciao!

Elycia

galengail
09-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Elycia - Good luck on that house! I bet you're so excited. I definitely would be. Despite not having kids, I'm the worst nester you've ever seen. I love moving into a new place and putting everything in its right place.

Norma - Sorry about the scale troubles. I'm tempted to weigh myself everyday, but I know that fluctuations in my weight would depress me, so I'm sticking to once a week at the most.

Amanda - That Budokon workout sounds really interesting. I'll have to look into it.

I bought one of those Quick Fix workout DVDs yesterday. It's kickboxing, which I've always wanted to do. It has four ten minute workouts on it. Each workout targets a different area. I'm thinking that I can fit in two ten minute session during my lunch hour before I eat. Combining this with my evening walks should give me results, I think.

Let's see if I can be positive about myself this morning.

1) I'm a good daughter.
2) I'm passionate about music.
3) I'm funny.
4) I have a good memory.
5) I'm good at managing money.

SAHMof1
09-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Once again the weekend is upon us. So whats in store for this weekend? Who knows..lol This time of year is so hard for me because it seems like there is always a fair or festival going on somewhere and we all know the best junk food can be found there. I think I married the only man on earth who loves to drag me to these things. Its pretty sad when all week long I pray for weekend rain so I won't have the temptation of food. So today for my positives:

1.) I have cooked a healthy nutrious dinner every night this week
2.) I am a social butterfly and a great hostest
3.) I am having a really good hair day today
4.) The bike riding continues
5.) ???

Wow today the fifth one is just not coming to me.. LOL I'll blame it on the medicine head along with mommy mush brain.

Have a great weekend Ladies..

u2girl
09-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Hello Ladies:

Gail, thanx for the good luck wishes on the house. Man, I am so hoping that we get it. Right now, I am looking at refrigerators for the new house online because we will be needing a new one. I am really excited and looking forward to moving to a nicer house in a nicer area. I've been wanting to for awhile, but ever since the girls got here, I have really wanted to. You got the Keli Roberts workout didn't you? Whew, she is tough! I have that workout as well. I haven't done it, but I have done some of her other workouts and I know she is tough. Be sure to tell us how you like it. :)

SAHM, sounds like you have some really good motivation going there. I know it is soooo hard when you are really trying hard to stay strong, but good smelling and looking foods that are bad for you are all over. That really shows how far you have come since you don't even want to go. That is so good and I am also very impressed by your positives today. You've fixed nutritious meals all week, that is awesome! You are also biking regularly. You are doing great! I am so happy that you are making positive changes in your life and able to say positive things about yourself. That is so good. You should be very proud of yourself. :)

Well, I am going to go and eat dinner with my husband. With our work schedules, we really haven't seen each other all week. The girls are down for the night and I am just going to relax. You ladies take care and I will see ya tomorrow.

TinaMarie, how are ya?? I haven't seen ya and would love to hear how you are doing. :)

Ciao!

Elycia

Fluffy Goddess
09-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Gail,I would definitely like to hear how you liked the workout as I was thinking of buying that one but put it off.
My five things:
1. I'm openminded
2. I'm more tolerant
3. I'm calm in crisis
4. I'm unique
5. I'm well read
Forcing positive thinking is getting easier and seems to be improving my general mood. Thanks for the challenge Elycia!
Everyone have a great Saturday!
-Amanda

SAHMof1
09-08-2006, 10:09 PM
U2Girl,

Thanks you are so positive with your feedback and words. You know I am really proud of myself this week.. who knows what next week will be like..

To all of you who have been posting positives: I think that it is truly great that we do see some positives in ourselves. You know we are our own worse critic. So keep up the good work and stay positive. Have an awesome weekend.

WhitWhit
09-09-2006, 04:11 AM
I have been feeling really bad about myself and my weight. Whenever I diet, I obsess about food so much to the point where I just give in and eat. I wish I had the life that I used to have. Things were much simpler then. I won't go into detail... I have been beating myself up saying things like, "I cannot sustain a romantic relationship," "My mother is right saying that I will never get married," "I will never be thin unless I starve," and so on and so on.

I am glad that I logged on to read all of your positive exchanges. And I suppose I will list 5 things to feel good about myself.

1 - I am a good writer.
2 - I am organized.
3 - I am good with my finances, budgeting, and saving.
4 - I have sweet dimples.
5 - I am a talented and creative SCRAPBOOKER!!!

u2girl
09-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Afternoon Ladies:

Just checking in real quick to say hello to everyone in hopes for a Super Saturday. Everything is going okay for me. Thankfully today was a rest day so my bones can rest. :)

Amanda, your positives were great. I am glad that you are challenged by the challenge and that you are saying great things about yourself. Isn't it something that it is starting to get easier? It is for me to. I think someone mentioned earlier that it helps their mood and that is so good because mood has alot to do with how successful we are for the entire day. Keep up the great job you are doing Amanda.

SAHM, that was so sweet. Thank you for that compliment. Made me smile when I read your post. :) I meant every word of it, you are donig a fabulous job of saying great things about yourself and that is translating over to other areas of your life. Now that I am making it a habit of eating better and making better choices, I am finding that it empowers me and makes me feel like I am capable of taking on other things that I didn't feel I was able to before. It's amazing how your mindset can really affect your success in every area of your life. I am so glad that you challenged yourself. Great job!

Whit, so glad to see ya. Awesome that you were able to read other post and be inspired by them. You have some great positives as well. Our family and peers negativity can really rub off on us and make us feel like we can't improve or succeed. I remember when I was younger and wanted to lose weight, my mom would tell me to go ahead and eat something because I probably wouldn't stick with the diet anyway. I mean, I know my mother didn't mean any harm, but those type of things stick with you and you start to believe that you can't accomplish anything. Anyways, great job on your positives and I look forward to hearing more from you. As a side note, I wanted to add that I look at your weight and I think "Oh my God, I would love to be her weight!" But you know what, weight is a very personal thing and YOU have to be happy with where your weight is. You have to know what is healthy and best for you and go with that. So don't let anyone deter you from reaching your goals. You must be a very intelligent and determined lady to pursue a career as a lawyer, so you are definitely on the right track. Keep Hanging tough and you will reach your goal real soon. :)

Well, I better get going. I'm wishing all of you "Shrinking Misfits" a Super Saturday! I will probably be here tomorrow just to say Hello to everyone.

Ciao!

Elycia

Fluffy Goddess
09-09-2006, 08:49 PM
I agree with Elycia, dedication is everything. My aunt keeps trying new diets and exercise habits but she only sticks with them for a few days. Not surprisingly, she's in the same, if not worse, state she's been in for years. I keep trying to tell her that just about everything works if you stick with it.
My 5 things:
1. I'm NOT giving up!
2. I'm good at embroidary (even if i can't spell it :) )
3. I'm not a bad singer
4. Yoga was easier today :yoga:
5. I'm finally finished with my fitness course! They're sending me a diploma :dance: :dancer:
I'm starting a new rewards program for myself today. For every 10 0hours of exercise, I'm buying a new CD. I already have the first one picked out! What does everyone else do for rewards?

rkrs6673
09-10-2006, 09:20 AM
hello ladies.... Sorry I haven't been here in maybe a couple of days. i have a major exam on Monday and I always study for every exam like it is a final exam. Anyway i have great news.... Check out my ticker... i did it I am down 100 pounds. :)

Elycia.. That is a great ideal of getting together when our schedules work out:)

Whitney--- My heart is so sadden by your last post. My sister is a attorney in DE. Actually she graduated from St. Louis University school of law. Then she moved to Atlanta where she worked for some time and now she is in DE. You remind me of her. She used to worry about her weight and the way it would effect her career. She is 31 and single and often is sadded about that fact. The sad thing is she is really very pretty. Just as you are! Now she is very thin. Maybe she is a size 4, but she is very healthy. She became a vegan. Too drastic for me but I am still so very happy for her. Look at how creative you are! Not to mention super smart! Ok look I have been putting a scrap book together for almost two years now. I really like doing it but I am not sure I am as good as I want to be :) Since you are very good with budgeting etc. Work it in to buy yourself something nice when you reach small goals. Like every 5 or 10 pounds. I always go and get pedicures whenever I shed 10 pounds. It is just a nice little treat for myself.

galengail
09-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Amanda - I'll definitely let you know how I like that kickboxing DVD I bought. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I'm hoping that I can start it on Tuesday and get a couple sessions in during lunch.

Whitney - That's wonderful that our positive posts were able to pull you out of your funk a bit. If you stick with it, I'm sure you will reach your goal.

Kenya - I love the idea of getting a pedicure for every 10 pounds lost. I might have to start doing that. I've never had a pedicure before, but it sound like fun.

I was a little bummed on Friday evening because just a quarter of a mile into my walk, it started raining. I had to hurry back home before it really started to pour. So, I wasn't able to walk my usual 2 or 2.5 miles. It actually depressed me that I wasn't able to do anything. I felt like a slob for sitting around after dinner. However, Saturday was better. It rained around dinner time and stopped afterward, so I was able to get out there and get two miles in.

u2girl
09-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Hey Ladies!

It's Monday!!!!! Ohhh, I know that typically Monday's aren't the most anticipated day of the week, but let's make it a good one. :carrot: :carrot:

I missed my first workout yesterday. Yesterday was just a crazy day. I am not sure, but I will probably make up that workout throughout the week because I really want to complete the rotation.

So how was everyone's weekend? I hope that it was great. A little gloomy here in St. Louis.

Okay, so now that we seem to be doing pretty good on the positive thinking challenge. Let's start a new one for this week. Hopefully we can get going by Wednesday. This week will be:

PICK YOUR CHALLENGE!!!

Everyone needs to pick 3 things that they will try their best to stick to for 1 week.

Here are mine:

1) No pop.
2) Stick to exercise rotation.
3) Eat breakfast every morning.

Well, I have to get going. I will do personals a little later.

Ciao!

Elycia

galengail
09-11-2006, 04:22 PM
For a Monday, today isn't *too* bad. :-) Hopefully, I'll be feeling just as good tomorrow when I step on the scales for my weekly weigh in.

Let's see if I can stick to these three things this week:

1) Walk at least two miles everyday. (I've been walking between 1 and 1.5, but I'd like to kick it up to two.)
2) Do not go over 1900 calories on any day this week.
3) Start using the kickboxing workout routine during my lunch hour.

So, how's everyone else doing? Weekends are always my weakness because we eat out on Friday and Saturday nights. I have to be careful how much of my entree I eat. I've been pretty good about it. I've avoided eating m the entire thing. I'll usually just eat half.

SAHMof1
09-12-2006, 12:07 AM
HI guys.. well it has been ur typical Monday here.. Crazy busy!! Anyhow the weekend was good, Sunday I gave in and had a slice of pizza, but it was just one and my craving went away. So the three things I am going to work on this week are:
1.) Eat Breakfast
2.) Add an extra veggie to lunch and dinner
3.) Get off my hinney more

So here's to a good week..

galengail
09-12-2006, 11:19 AM
How's everyone doing? I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down 3.5 pounds from last week. Yay! The numbers on my long-term ticker don't overlap anymore! :carrot:

I'm keeping a journal of my food/exercise/water, and I've been updating as I go during the day. In the last few days, I've taken to updating it the night before for the coming day. I'll make my menu of what I will be having the next day. I also write down all the exercise that I want to fit in. It makes me more likely to do it if I've already written it down.

The Google Pedometer is really awesome for those of you who walk. I've worked up to walking two miles each evening after dinner. On the weekends, I have more time, so I'll walk about three miles. The pedometer that Google has tied into its maps is a real help in planning out my routes each day. Here's the link if anyone wants it: http://gmap-pedometer.com

Christi - I just recently started eating breakfast myself. I actually throw it together in the mornings before I leave and eat it on my way to work or when I get to work. It's just a smoothie with soy milk, a banana, and a mini bagel with peanut butter. Fast, involves no cooking, and easy to eat. I'm barely awake in the mornings, so it's perfect for me. ;)

harkeyvalley
09-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Whitney:I sure hope you are feeling better about yourself. I know what it's like when you question your self worth or self esteem. From the looks of the list of 5 things, you are a super person. I've always had difficulty managing finances. I'm a beginner scrapbooker and I have confidence problems. I am working very had to get organized, but it's a continuing effort. I don't even have cute dimples to brag about. As you can see from this rambling effort to lift your spirits that my writing skills are deficent. Seems to me you have alot of great qualities I wished I had. You also care enough about yourself to come to this site and share. You are on the right track. Organize your diet, scrapbook a new you, and put your calories on a budget. Since you have all these talents use them to work for you!

Gail: Congratulations on the 3.5 lbs! Yea!!! Sounds like you are really motivated. Thank you for the ped. link. I'll have to check that out.

Elycia: Sorry I haven't been around. I was a little down with scale issues but my new scale has arrived and I was very happy. I'm hoping to have a good week.

Kenya: Super Job on the 100 lbs!!!!!! You are such an inspiration! I hope you also did super on your exam!

Amanda:Congrats on the Fitness course. The idea of rewards that you and Kenya talked about sounds like a good idea. I have to come up with something that I would love that does not involve food.

SAHM: I hope you have a good week. Sounds like you have a plan.

These are the 3 things that I need to work on:
1. get more exercise
2. try and eat more fruit
3. eat breakfast every day

You all have a super week!
Norma

Fluffy Goddess
09-12-2006, 07:30 PM
hey all,
sorry i missed yesterday and sunday, it was crazy. the Jeep had break issues and was broken down 30 miles from home, which messed with the rest of the day's schedule: so no internet and no exercise for me yesterday. But everything's better now.
My 3 challenges are:
1. remember the daily multivitamin.
2. get on the tredmill everyday for an extra 10-15 min.
3. drink 3 cups of green tea daily.
hope y'all are doin well.
amanda

galengail
09-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Norma - I'm glad that the arrival of your scale brought happy news! There's nothing better than expecting a higher number than what it gives you. I thought I was going to be down 2 pounds, but when I stepped on the scale and say 3.5 gone I did a happy little dance around my kitchen. Most it was just me waddling around. :p

Amanda - I'm sorry to hear about your Jeep. Cars can be such a pain when they break down or won't work properly. And so expensive too! I always cringe when I have to take mine to a repair shop.

I've been making this oddball potato soup that is only 200 calories for part of my dinner in the evenings. I microwave a potato, remove the skin, chop it up into little pieces, and add about 3/4 cup of skim milk. It takes very good and fills me up, but whenever anyone sees me make it, I get the weirdo look. It's like some hybrid of mashed potatoes and soup. Has anyone else tried this? I highly recommend it for a quick dinner idea.

u2girl
09-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Hello everyone!

I wanted to let you guys know that I didn't abandon you guys. :) My computer is down at home and so I don't have access. I am at work right now and not really suppose to use this computer, but I wanted to check in with you guys! Everyone's goals look great! I am so happy to see everyone challenging themselves.

Well, I hope that my computer is operational soon and I will be seeing ya!

Ciao!

Elycia

harkeyvalley
09-13-2006, 12:22 AM
Gail:The potato soup sounds good. I think the simpliest recipes are the best. Don't put down your victory dance! I'd dance around the kitchen too if I had a 3.5 lb loss between weighings. Have you seen those big guys at the end zone doing their funky dance after a touchdown? These guys don't care how they look, they are just very, very happy. You go girl!
Norma

sapphire35
09-13-2006, 02:19 PM
U2 girl, I thought I'd barge in here and say HI to you all the ladies. Gail good job on the weightloss. :carrot: thats really good.

rkrs6673
09-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Hello ladies... I feel like I have been gone for for days. School keeps me so busy. However, I think I really like doing pediatrics :) It is just something special about holding infants again :) Oh well ladies I am off to go and cook and clean for the kids... i will try to check in tommorow. I hope everyone is doing great staying OP

galengail
09-14-2006, 11:51 AM
How is everyone today? I've been able to keep of all three of my personal challenges I made earlier this week, so I guess I'm doing fairly well. I've finally got my 2 mile walk to about 45 minutes. I have a chihuahua/? mix dog and he loves to smell everything on the earth, so he slows me down a bit when walking. However, I figured that I'm walking about 2.5 miles an hour.

Elycia - Good luck with the computer problems. It can be such a pain, and we rely on our computers so much that it's distressing when one bites the dust. I hope you can get it up and running without too much hassle.

u2girl
09-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Hello everyone! My computer is working! Awesome! Like you said Gail, isn't it something how much we rely on our computers. When it is gone, you really see. :)

Gail, good job on succeeding with your personal challenges. You are doing so good and that is so encouraging. It is very nice to be working alongside others that are determined and working hard. That is excellent. Keep up the good work! 3.5 lbs!!! OMG, you RAWK!!! That is AWESOME! You are working so hard and it is paying off. That is wonderful. Keep doing what you are doing because it is definitely working for you. :)

SAHM, how are you doing with those personal challenges? I would love to hear. Those are really good challenges. It's amazing how hard it can be to eat breakfast sometimes. Here we are trying to lose weight, but don't eat breakfast. :) It's a wonderful step in the right direction, so keep at it and you will reach your goals. It may take a little longer than we would like, but it will happen.

Norma, I am sorry about the scale, but you know that I am right there with you. You've already let us know at the outset that your weight loss will be slow, so you recognize that and that is a good thing. You are making healthier choices and that is the most important thing. Those changes are going to make a happier and healthier you in the long run, so try your best to stick with it. The temptation may be there to just throw in the towel and concede that you will not lose weight. If you get a chance go back a few posts and look at my last Pump Talk! Giving up is not an option for you Norma. You are doing wonderful things for yourself and not only will it pay off in the future, it is paying off now. Your body thanks you everyday for the positive changes and choices that you are making. Please don't give up! You will reach your goals. I am happy to hear that the new scale came and lifted your spirts. However, if you are feeling down, definitely post. That way we can all chime in and support you. Don't give up, Norma.

Amanda, sorry that you were having such a tough time. I tell ya, 1 thing can happen and it can just throw your whole day out of whack! Great goals that you have and so happy to see that you didn't let those obstacles get you off track. That is the most important thing, right? Not letting any obstacles stand in your weigh :) of a happier healthier you. Each of us are worth being happier and healthier, but I think sometimes we just forget that or life keeps us so busy that we feel we can't. Anyways, great job and so glad to hear your success.

Trish, hey Trish, howya doin'? Last time I talked to you, you were losing and that is wonderful. Pop in anytime you like and tell us of your successes or just to say Hi. Good to see ya!

Hi Kenya. I see you made your goal. I can't believe you didn't come and BROADCAST it! Well, you know you could have and should have. I would love to share in celebration of you meeting your goal. That is awesome. If anyone didn't notice, Kenya lost 100 lbs in 1 year! Yes, 1 year! That takes some serious determination and committment. Geez, I wanna be like Kenya. :) Good job Kenya. That is absotively, posilutely wonderful! :dizzy:

Well, I better get going. So good to catch up with everyone. Take care and don't forget the Pump Talk ~~~~~

PUMP TALK:cheer: :cheer:
CONSISTENCY!! Yeah, we all know how important consistency is, but knowing doesn't make it any easier. Did you know that according to sources, if you stick with something for just 3 weeks, it becomes a habit? Everyone that decided to participate in the personal challenges, do you think that you can give each of your goals 3 weeks of consistency? That's just 21 days! You can do it! Those healthy choices are going to affect your mood, your health and how you feel. So come on Shrinking Misfits, let's make those changes stick. Let's be CONSISTENT! :)

galengail
09-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Kenya - Congrats on the 100 pound loss! That's really amazing and so motivating for all of us that need to lose 100+ pounds. You're definitely an inspiration!

Consistency is a great thing! I've been walking everyday for over two weeks. I've gotten to the point where I look forward to my evening walks, and I don't even question whether I am going or not, I just go. The only day that my walk got rained out, I was so upset. I was antsy for the rest of the evening.

Has anyone been taking green tea extract in capsule form? I bought a couple bottle of it, and I've been taking one every morning with my multivitamin, and another in the evening with my dinner. I started taking them when I changed my eating/exercise habits, so I can't really say if it has had an effect, but I do know that there is research out there that says it is good for you. I don't think it can help you lose lost of weight, but it can improve your overall health by boosting your immune system.

I started using that 10 Minute Solution Kicbox Bootcamp DVD earlier this week. Woo! It kicks my butt. That's some heavy duty working out for 10 minutes. I really like the instructor because she's not too perky and bubbly. She's positive and gives great cues. I was a little lost the first time I tried to do the beginners routine, but the second time I picked it up right away. There are four other 10 minute routines on the disc, but I'm having so much fun with the first that I've stuck with it this week. By the time I get three minutes into it, I'm sweating and my heart rate is up there. And one of the best things is that the workout is done in only 10 minutes, so you can pop it in at any time. You don't need to set aside a half an hour or fifty minutes. Oh, and the other best thing is that I got it for $10 at Target.

rkrs6673
09-14-2006, 07:50 PM
hello ladies.... Sorry I haven't been here in maybe a couple of days. i have a major exam on Monday and I always study for every exam like it is a final exam. Anyway i have great news.... Check out my ticker... i did it I am down 100 pounds. :)

Hey Elycia-- You are so nice to see that I have finally lost 100 pounds. I did mention it in one of my other post but I put it at the end because I didn't want to make a big deal about it everywhere. Have you moved into the new house yet?

Fluffy Goddess
09-14-2006, 08:33 PM
hey all,
sounds like everyone is doing wonderful! Congrats to all those sticking to their goals! I've kept to mine so far, though i'm thinking the tredmill is going to be hard tomorrow. i think i hurt my knee today and may need to rest it for a few days :( anyway, have a Fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend!
amanda

harkeyvalley
09-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Elycia: Thanks for the pep talk. I am much happier now and I finally dropped to 259 1/2 lbs. I was glad to see the fifties. I have gotten counting calories down pat. I've been at it for six weeks and my eating is under control. No binges. I record every bite that goes into my mouth. My husband is eating the same meals that I am making and he has lost 22 1/2 lbs as of today! I must be doing something right. I made me a little Water Consumption chart and with this I'm getting my 10 cups of water each day. I also have beautiful rows of little stars to mark each glass. Now if I could just get on the exercise band wagon I'd be in good shape. This has been a struggle for me.

Gail:As you have read, exercise is my problem. What finally got you off your rump and said I'm going to exercise to day and then do it! I want to get to the point like you when I look forward to walking. Can you help me? PM me if your response is too long. I really want help with this and you sound like you are the one to help me. BTW I'm taking the green tea capsules. The box said it increased your metabolism and is a natural appetite suppressant. I take one mid morning with a full glass of water (as stated on box) and one between lunch and dinner. I feel they help me not to be hungry inbetween meals. I don't know about the increased metabolism except that I'm averaging 2.48 lbs lost per week without much exercise.

Amanda:I'm sorry to hear about your knee. Do rest it up before starting again or it won't heal properly.

Trish:I hope you are doing okay. I noticed that you are from St. Louis. I love it there. We went on vacation there and got to see the Royals play. There was so much to see that we have to go back to see all the stuff we missed. I wasn't able to walk around the entire botanical gardens. I'm hoping to lose enough weight so that I can see it all next time and not hurt so much with all the walking.

Kenya:I posted what a super job you did with the 100 lb loss. I'm sorry you missed it. Hip hip hor ay!! It's worth repeating for 100 lbs!!!!!

I'm really excited about this next week. The weather is finally turning less hot and I hope to get back to doing yard work (I do love that!) My new scale and I have become great friends so I have high expectations!
You guys have a great weekend!
Norma

harkeyvalley
09-15-2006, 12:44 AM
Correction: I dropped to 258 1/2 lbs!!!! Sorry, typing error!

SAHMof1
09-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Hey guys! So its been a crazy week here. I have not managed to eat breakfast every day this week..I am finding that I am just not into breakfast foods in the morning. I was watching something on Discovery Health and seen were this one woman started eating her dinner for breakfast and then lunch, then breakfast.. It worked for her and in essence makes sense to get majority of you calories in the a.m. So starting tomorrow I will be eating a sensible dinner for breakfast.. I dunno maybe it will work maybe not. I am also having some personal issues this week and am not really dealing well with them. There is just something about depression and weight issues that goes hand in hand.

So I hope this finds everyone doing well and sticking to their healthy habits and reaching their goals. Have a Fantastic Friday and a Wonderful weekend. We will be out of town this weekend so I will check in on Monday.

Christi

rkrs6673
09-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Norma-- Congrats on being in the 250's.. I can't wait to join you one day :)

galengail
09-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Amanda - Sorry to hear that your knee is giving your trouble. I was afraid I hurt mine a little bit yesterday when I was walking, but it turned out to be something I just needed to stretch out. It's back to normal today. If your knee isn't feeling to hot today, then maybe you should give yourself a break and give it a couple days to get better. If it really is hurt, then all you can do is damage it more by walking a great deal on it. At any rate, I hope it's feeling better.

Norma - Congrats on dropping into the 250s! That's great! As for the green tea extract - all the websites that sell it claim that it is put in many diet pills to increase metobolism. However, I think there is a thread somewhere on this site that gives a list of how helpful certain herbs and teas are in weight loss, and it says that there is no solid evidence that green tea extract will help, thought it certainly doesn't hurt since it is good for you. I figured I would take it anyway since it has been proven to boost your immune system. Then again, maybe it's been partially responsible for me 8 pounds gone in 2 weeks. I'll PM you with some tips I've discovered about walking. Maybe it will help get you motivated to get out there.

Christi - That's a neat way of looking at meals. I've never been a breakfast person either, so I've been making myself eat right after I get up. I have noticed that after a week or two of eating breakfast, my body expects to get it every morning around 7:30 or 8:00. So, that helps keep me on track. Let us know how the dinner/lunch/breakfast works out.

Kenya - At the rate you're going, I'm sure you'll be seeing the 250s in no time at all! :-)

I've noticed an interesting trend in the numbers on the scale. When I weigh-in on Tuesday morning, my weight is the one I post here. By Wednesday, it's gone up about two pounds. By Thursday/Friday, it's back down to a pound above the initial weight from Tuesday. And then when Monday/Tuesday rolls around it's about 2 or 3 pounds lower than the previous Tuesday. So, I'm losing weight, but it seems like it's not showing up on the scales until after the weekend. Which is odd because I eat out on Friday and Saturday nights, and the food I eat has more calories and fat than anything I eat during the weekdays. I've heard of zig-zagging calories, and I thought that maybe I was unintentionally doing this and it was helping me. Supposedly, you can do this if your body has lost a lot of weight and it has adjusted to a new metabolism rate, stalling your weight loss out. You "trick" your body by eating more calories two or three days a week. This makes your body kick your metabolism back up to get rid of those extra calories. A friend gave me this address: freedieting.com/tools If you go there and click on the calorie counter and input your info, it will tell you how many calories you should be eating to lose weight. There is a small link at the bottom with a plan to zig-zag your calories during the week so you can shake up your metabolism. Is anyone else familiar with this? Does it actually work?

u2girl
09-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Hello ladies:

I hope that everyone had a great day! Well, today was okay. I got my workout in. Yay! I am still going strong and trying very hard to stick to my eating plan and exercise. I think the weight loss is going to be slow. I just hope that I do have a loss each week.

Gale, I think that is wonderful that you are able to look at trends going on with your body. That is really good. Shows that you are in tune with your body and paying attention to what is going on. You are making awesome progress.

Kenya, I don't know how I missed that, but I am so happy for you. You are just scooting along. You will be in the 250's in no time. Wow, what determination you have. In regards to the house, geez, who knows? At first the guy gave us every indication that we were getting the house, but now, I dunno. He is getting on my nerves, I know that. Hopefully, we will know something this weekend, so we can either move on and forget about it or start packing. :rolleyes:

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Norma! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Made it into the 250's, that is G-R-E-A-T!!! :cp: :cp: I am so glad that you posted and let us all celebrate with you. Water Consumption Chart!! Wow, that is sooo good. You are on a roll and that is so encouraging. Keep up the wonderful job you are doing. I'm so very happy for you. :) :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Amanda, I am very happy to hear that you are sticking to your goals. Sorry to hear about your knee. Well, hold on to your non-physical goals. You are doing awesome.

Christi, that is good that you are trying to find what works for you. I have always felt that your eating plan is a very personal thing. You have to find what works the best for you to be successful. So if eating breakfast at dinnertime and dinner at breakfast works, so be it! Let us know how that goes for you. I hope that you have a great weekend with family. :)

Well, I really better get going. Everyone take care and I'll see ya tomorrow.

Elycia

rkrs6673
09-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Big new ladies. I am less weight than it says on my drivers license. It says I weight 285...today I noticed it for the first time :) I am so excited to finally be less than that :)

u2girl
09-17-2006, 01:36 AM
Hello Ladies:

Hope everyone had a Sensational Saturday. I just got finished with my workout. I really hate when I have to workout so late, but I am determined to stick with this rotation this month. Today was Cardio Sculpt Blaster. It wasn't too bad. I am not sure if it was an easier workout or if I am just improving my fitness level. I hope it is the latter. ;)

Kenya, that is toooo awesome. My goal weight IS the number on my drivers license. :) Woohoo! That is definitely something to celebrate. I never have changed my weight on my DL and I don't intend to. At this point, I don't think I want to be thinner than 147. It was a happy weight for me. We will see when I get there though. :) Congratulations. I better get going with this weight because you are going to pass me by. :)

Well, I am proud to say that I have stuck with my challenge goals very well. I'm not going to say that I haven't been tempted. I would love to drink a glass of pop (Cherry Coke is my favorite, yum yum), but I am determined to stick to the challenge and not give in. I am not saying though that I will never drink pop again, but it sure feels good to know that I have the self control not to drink it for a period of time. Actually Monday will be a full month. Yay!

Well, I better get going. Hope that everyone has a great evening. I will be checking in tomorrow.

Ciao!

Elycia

maryjane1975
09-17-2006, 04:40 AM
hello everyone.

sorry i vanished for so long. it has been so hectic here. two of the kids were ill and then my mum too. all are better now. we also had my hubbys birthday a family christening and a wedding. so ive been really busy. :dizzy:

its great to see everyone is doing so well. i just quickly scanned the posts as im only just quickly checking in before i make brekkie. will check in later again.

u2girl
09-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Hi Maryjane. Good to see ya. Boy, do I understand a busy life. Life has been speeding on by. Hope to hear more about how things have been going for ya.

I have good news guys! I got the house! Yay!!! I am so excited. So happy to be moving. I really don't care for my house or neighborhood, so this is just wonderful. We don't have the exact move-in date yet, but we got the okay last night. Yay!

I am doing pretty good on my diet and rotation. I did get on the scale yesterday and I am down another 1.5 lbs. So, I am 234.0. Yay! That is like 16.5 lbs and I am very excited. I am so glad to see the scale going in the right direction. I am still doing FIRM for exercise and just counting calories. Sometimes I am disappointed with the rate of my loss, but you know what, at least it is coming off. It may take some time, but I am working hard to get there and it will pay off. Actually it is paying off.

Well, I better get going. Today is a rest day in terms of exercise. Tomorrow is as well and thank goodness. I worked out for 7 days straight. Well, I guess that is it for now. I will check in with you lovely ladies later.

Ciao!

Elycia

galengail
09-18-2006, 04:31 PM
How is everyone doing? It's a typical Monday here. Same old, same old. I'm unsure if I'll lose any pounds this week. It's TOM and I've been slightly liberal with what I've eaten in the last few days. That Bennigans Black Bean Burger was pretty good. ;-) So were the fries. I was down a pound yesterday, but I'm back up again. Wacky water weight and such. Blah. I was able to walk about 3.3 miles yesterday. I didn't intend to go that far, but I didn't turn down the street I was supposed to and ended up going out of my way. I decided to just keep going and make the circuit back to my apartment. I was pretty pooped afterward, but I'm feeling good today.

SAHMof1
09-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Wow what a weekend!! We went to the state fair here and it was an event. I did manage to be sort of healthy with what I ate. I am sure we walked about 4 miles that day too, non-stop. Sunday was a lazy day. It was rainy and yucky here so me and the little one took a very long nap. Then today it was off to the grocery store and to runn errands. I didn't weigh this morning so I will do that tomorrow and post this weekends damage. I hope everyone had a great weekend and is sticking to their goals.

harkeyvalley
09-19-2006, 01:00 AM
Elycia:Congratulations on the new house. You sure will be busy soon with moving and all. Don't get yourself stressed out.

Gail: Great job on the 3.5 miles!!!!! I'm setting a one mile goal each day. I just hope I can do it. I should have someone drop me off a mile from the house so that I'd have to walk just to get home! LOL Good work!

Okie: I love your state. We will have to go back soon and see more. My mom was born in Foss, OK. You guys got beat up with storms over the weekend, I hope you didn't have any damage. We were blessed with about an inch of rain and we sure needed it.

We had a lazy weekend. Hubby was ill and between being his doctor, laundry and the rain outside I didn't go far. I feel good about this week. I hope my positive attitude nets results.

You all take care.

Norma

phoxiekat
09-19-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm BAAACKKKKKK!!!

Thanks, once again, Elycia, for checking in on me!!! I actually haven't even visited 3FC for over a week!!! It used to be a daily thing, but, gosh darn it, life is CRAZY:dizzy: .

I also haven't had time to browse through all the members here or what's going on with everybody...hopefully this weekend will allow some 'me' time to do that!

Besides being busy, I think part of my absence is due to the fact that I'm sort of in a holding pattern weight-wise. I've been losing & gaining the same few pounds for a month now. Granted, my eating hasn't exactly been healthy, and I do little to no organized exercise, so it shouldn't come as a surprise. If the glass were half-full, I would look at this as a 'practice' for maintenance...but I shouldn't be doing that with only 26lbs gone, and MANY more to go...

Anyway, I'm getting the evil :devil: eye at work now, so I better get crackin'.

Take care ladies!
~Stacy

sapphire35
09-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi Elycia :cheer: I'm so glad you got the house. Thats really good news you have been wanting that. Now its time to get packing and stepping on over to the new pad. :bravo: On the weight loss. Who cares if its slow coming off the point is its coming off. Fast can be unhealthy as you already know.

I want to talk to you about some stuff, I'll either call you or can you :callme:

Congrats:carrot: :dance: to all the ladies that are dropping those pounds.

I shall talk to you later.

u2girl
09-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey Trish! Good to see ya. Oh yes, I am so happy to be getting into my new house. Sometimes you just need something new, something different. I am sooo looking forward to it. Thanx for the congrats! I see that you are slimming. That is so good. Keep up the good job. Isn't it a great feeling to know that you are doing good things for yourself? Well, we should get together 1 day so we can put a face with a voice and become the slim hot mamas we are destined to be! :belly:

Hi Stacy, glad you were able to drop in and let us know that you are okay. Busy, busy, busy. Everyone is always on the go. Like you said in terms of your weight loss, at least you are maintaining and not going up. Believe me, I know how frustrating it can be to get on the scale and keep seeing the same number, but if you keep making healthy choices, the scale will budge. A thing that helps me is to try to challenge myself. Maybe that can help you. I know you are busy, but challenge yourself to get in maybe 3 workouts in a week. They don't have to be long and they don't have to be intense, just get yourself moving 3 times a week and before you know it, the weight will start sliding off a little faster and it will also be becoming a habit. It's just a suggestion because I really want you and all of us to succeed in our weight loss efforts. :) Anyways, so glad to see ya and hope you can pop in again soon.

Norma, sorry that hubby was sick. Thanx for the congrats on the house. Regarding those lazy weekends. You need them sometimes. Just don't have anything planned, just chill. Sounds nice. :)

SAHM, glad to hear that you had a good weekend. I am still sticking to my goals. Hopefully you didn't do too much damage. Let us know how that turned out for ya.

Gale, good job on those 3 miles. Woo hoo! That is so good. Those weight fluctuations will drive you insane. I try to avoid that scale, but it's like it is calling me. :)

Well, I better get going. My daughters are crying. I will see you ladies later.

Ciao!

Elycia

elizabeth28
09-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Good afternoon, everyone! My name is Elizabeth, I’m 28 yrs old and I would like to lose 15 lbs right away… My first and foremost goal is to permanently change my eating habits: I either eat too much or way too much, I am extremely impatient, and simply cannot stop obsessing over scale numbers and tight-fitting clothes. Other than that, I'm new and I would love to join your group... :)

cheers,
elizabeth

u2girl
09-20-2006, 01:43 AM
Hi there Elizabeth:

I am taking a break from packing and straightening up and thought I would stop in and saw your post. Well, so glad that you decided to join us. We are a small group of ladies, but very motivated to lose weight and make healthy choices. We do challenges and things from time to time, but mostly just check-in for accountability and keep each other motivated. The check-in just started this month, so we are just really getting started. :)

I think it is wonderful that you are wanting to PERMANENTLY change your eating habits. That is very admirable. So many want to lose the weight but aren't willing to stay with the new eating and end up gaining back what they have worked so hard for. I am just like you in that I working on changing the way I view food and the foods that I chose to eat. You are definitely on the right path. Please post some of the changes that you are making throughout the day for your eating plan. Would love to hear.

Well, I better get back to the grind and then get on to bed. Again, welcome to our group Elizabeth and I look forward to getting to know you better. Everyone have a great evening and I'm sure I will see ya tomorrow.

Ciao!

Elycia

galengail
09-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Norma - I think one mile a day is a great goal! That's how I started out. It's always best to start out slow. That way it isn't too much stress on your body. I know I usually quit something if it's too hard. Building up is the best way to go. Plus, a mile can really do wonders. The first week I walked a mile each day and dropped my calories down, I lost four pounds.

Stacy - On the bright side of things, at least you're holding at your current weight. That's an accomplishment in and of itself. My fear is actually losing weight and then gaining it all back. Hopefully, this whole ordeal will change the way I think about eating and exercise and maintaining won't be a problem.

Elycia - Congrats on the new house and the weight loss! And just think - packing, moving, and unpacking all of your belongings will give you quite a workout.

Elizabeth - Hi and welcome! Glad you could join us. I think you have a great attitude about wanting to change your lifestyle and become a healthier person. Good luck with your weight loss!

As for me... I'm still in it. I thought about getting a big, greasy breakfast burrito this morning, but I told myself that it would be best to stick with my planned meal. I'm still walking everyday. I'm doing a bit of weight training every other day, and on my off days, I'm doing a kickboxing workout DVD. I've been eating those Lean Cuisine/Smart Ones meals for lunch and they're really good. I was surprised at how tasty they are.

Speaking of food, does anyone of a good way to spice up white rice? I'm adding brocolli, but that's getting old already. No meat for me, so I can't add chicken or anything. Perhaps something to give it a bit more flavor?

u2girl
09-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi Ladies:

Just got finished with Calorie Killer 2. It was tough, but I made it. It had tons of plyos. I did some of them, but I know that I really have no business doing those things at my weight, plus my knees aren't all that hot. Oh well, I am happy to say that I did it. I am so proud of myself that I am sticking with this rotation. It has been really fun because it uses so many different workouts. I am enjoying it.

Gale, glad to see that you had the resolve to pass on that greasy burrito. I know that was difficult, but it had to feel good to pass on it. Wow, rice....hmmm. I will be thinking about it at work and if I run across anything online, I will post. That is funny that you said broccoli and chicken because that is exactly what I had for lunch to day. White rice, teriyaki chicken and broccoli. It was good too. Anyways, I will see what I can find.

Well, I guess I better get going. I have a few errands to run before work today.

I hope that everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday.

Ciao!

Elycia

maryjane1975
09-20-2006, 05:58 PM
hello lovely ladies :D

glad to see everyones doing so well. glad to hear youve gotten the house elycia.

your all putting me to shame with all the exercise your all getting. ive been getting out and walking when i can but i cant do a lot more. silly as it sounds i have a problem with my scalp and if i sweat it itches so much it actually drives me insane. i have to wait until i find something to control it properly.

the diet is going pretty well i think ive finally worked out what suits me best. ive decided to stick with weightwatchers because it suits me better. i used to divide out my points for three small meals every day and a snack at night but i never felt satisfied after a meal and was miserable. ive decided now to have a big breakfast and fill myself up and the same with dinner then i have a couple of slices of toast at night when i feel like snacking. the two bigger meals fill me so i havent been spending the whole day waiting for my next meal or trying to figure out if i can fit in a snack. so im feeling pretty confident that ill be able to do it this time.;)

i promise to check in more regularly too to see how everyone else is doing because your all doing so well that it makes me more positive too.

speak to you all tomorrow

elizabeth28
09-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Good evening, ladies! Elycia & Gale, thank you so much for the warm welcome!!

Elycia, I hate to admit it, but my focus has always been on the short-term benefits of weight-loss and not on the peace of mind that comes with being in control of what and how much you eat. Let's hope there's hope for me yet...

I did fairly well today in terms of exercise and food choices, but failed to incorporate some sort of structure into my meal plan. I ate lunch at 1:30 and dinner at 4:30, followed by three snacks spaced a mere hour apart from each other… and leading up to this very moment. On a positive note, my total caloric intake did not exceed 1,200; plus, I worked out for approximately 100 minutes and staved off some “greasy burrito” demons of my own. I still have about 32oz of water to consume before I can call it a day, but other than that all is well.

Oh, and here’s a quote from my “Daily Meditations for Finding Balance through Mindful Eating” manual (don’t laugh at me… I had to buy it...and maybe we’ll all benefit from it.:) ):

Our deepest self-knowledge resides in the body, which a great deal of the time does not speak the language of the mind.

Cheers to everyone and have an awesome day tomorrow!!!

elizabeth

rkrs6673
09-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Hello ladies-- i just wanted to drop in and say hello:) My weekend is filled with study :( Oh well what else can i do. Plus my husband is due to come home today/tonight so my mind is just really not in the correct frame of mind. I hope all you ladies are doing well. I think i will be less tired on Wednesday and will try to pop back in then. Take care ladies...

u2girl
09-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Hello there Elizabeth and Kenya and Maryjane. Great to see ya. I just got finished working out. Today was Complete Body Sculpting. It was tough, but I enjoyed it. I really like sculpting workouts and lifting weights. Makes me feel strong. Oh, I am getting such awesome results with this rotation. The scale may not be flying down, but I tell ya, I am getting so strong. Firms have the 14 in step that you do tall box climbs on. When I first got started, I couldn't do it on the tall box, I had to use the lower level. NO more though! I am able to do all of the moves on the tall box and I am not coughing my lungs out either. :) I am so happy with the results that I am getting. It appears that my upper body is slimming. Unbelievably, my shoulders are starting to look more toned and not just rounded. I am so excited. The rotation that I am doing is a 3 month rotation and I have only been doing the first month and seeing improvements already. Yes!

I ate out today at DQ. I won't food porn and say everything that I ate, but I did chose something off the menu and enjoyed it. I also got a dessert. But you know what, I want to get to the point where on certain days or meals, I eat what I want with the full knowledge that right after this, I am right back on plan. I still drank water and I didn't go crazy and order something horrible, but I certainly enjoyed the meal. I did come home and worked out and have every intention of getting back to plan tomorrow.

Well, that is about it for now. I hope that you ladies have a wonderful evening and Super Saturday. Tomorrow is a rest day for me in terms of exercise. You know, I am really feeling so much better and good about myself since I started taking control of what I am eating.

Also, we went and looked at the house again today. Our official move-in will be the end of next month. Yay! I can't wait!

Also, Norma, Gale, Whit, Stacy, Amanda, SAHM, TinaR, Tina and hotmomma. You are missed and we hope that you are still hanging tough in Shrinking Misfit fashion!

Ciao!

Elycia

SAHMof1
09-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Where does the time go? It doesn't seem like Saturday already.. OR well maybe it does and I just haven't caught up. Last weekend really didn't do that much damage to my diet, I have lost another 1.5 pounds. I will have to update my siggie later on. I am pressed for time this morning. I am glad to see that everyone is still hanging in there. Have a good weekend!!

elizabeth28
09-25-2006, 02:10 AM
Heya, everyone!!

I hope you're all doing great. :) Tomorrow is the start of a brand new week and October is just around the corner, so let's make the best of it all!

Today's silly quote: Never buy sushi from a vending machine.

Take care,

elizabeth

u2girl
09-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Hello ladies. Good to see ya. I am still working hard. I got on the scale this morning and surprisingly I am down 3 more lbs. Yay! All of my hard work is paying off. I am really watching what I am eating and working out consistently and it is paying off. I am still doing the FIRM rotation. I am not really following a plan per se, just watching what I eat and trying to make healthier decisions. I haven't got my workout in for today yet, but I am going to fit it in.

I was up rather late last night. I got my dining room packed up. Today's project is to get the girls room packed up and maybe the living room. We will see. I just can't belive that I am moving! :)

Well, I better get going. I may be back later on today, just depends on how things go today. Elizabeth, isn't it something how quick the days and months are passing by. My Big BIG goal is to be a goal weight of 147 by February of 08. My girlfriends and I are going to Hawaii and I want to be smokin' by then. I got plenty of time, so I am just going to have to work at it. :)

Ciao!

Elycia

Take care

galengail
09-25-2006, 11:23 PM
How's everyone doing? I've been here and there the last couple days, but I'm still on the proverbial wagon. I'm down two more pounds this week. I'm happy with that considering that my daily workouts have been cut short or nonexistant. My dog was terribly sick on Saturday. That meant three hours in vet's waiting room and $120 less in my bank account. He's great now, but I was playing doggy nurse on Saturday, so I didn't get my 3 mile walk in at all.

I got a box of Kashi Crunchy Granola Bars. The Pumpkin Spice flavor is amazing. They're packaged in pairs, and two bars are oly 180 calories. It's filling and very tasty. A great snack for the mid-afternoon munchies.

Oh, and I started adding a quarter of a cup of shredded cheese to my white rice. Yummy yum. And it only adds 80 calories, for those who count.

rkrs6673
09-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Hello ladies I am just checking in to say hello! School is really picking up :) Have a great night ladies

u2girl
09-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Hi Gale and Kenya :wave:

Good to see ya. I just got finished working out. Phew. Today was Firm Cardio and it was tough! It was a good workout though. I have been sticking to my rotation faithfully and I am feeling real good about it.

Well, I am going to keep it short. I hope that everyone is hanging in there and not giving up. I hope to see some of our missing members soon and let us know that all is well with them.

Ciao!

Elycia

elizabeth28
09-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Good afternoon, ladies!! Yay, Gale & Elycia on your weight-loss!!:hug:

Yes, Elycia, time goes by unacceptably fast; sounds like you're doing great, though, and chances are, you'll be at your goal weight way before '08!

As for me, I'm hanging in there-- this has been a hectic week and it's not over yet. I'll post again this Sunday. Speaking of which, should we maybe come up with a more engaging challenge for the days leading up to Halloween?? Mmmm?...Just a random idea.

Take care,

elizabeth:)

rkrs6673
09-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Elycia--- You are doing great on your weight lost! I am so proud of you. Keep up the great work!

u2girl
09-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Hello ladies:

Thanx Kenya for the congrats. I have been working hard at cleaning up my diet and exercising regularly. It's amazing. I am starting to definitely see changes in my upper body. Also since the pregnancy, I noticed that my stomach had changed. My mom laughed at me cause I called it the "Dunlap Stomach". My stomach dun-lapped over. :) I really hate it and thought that it would always have to be that way, but unbelievably that is improving as well. So, it is definitely giving me hope and I know that I am going in the right direction. We will be moving the last week of October. Oh, I can't wait.

Elizabeth, that sounds great. Do you have any ideas on what you would like to do? Definitely jump right in and give your thoughts. When we first got started, I started a few challenges, but life keeps us so busy that I think it may have overwhelmed a few of the ladies, so I haven't really done one lately. I am definitely up for a challenge. So, let us know what you are thinking. It can be tough to keep a check-in strong because alot of people lose their resolve and stop checking in. I've done it a million times myself. Thankfully I seem to be on target and determined to succeed. By the first of the new year, I want to be 199, so I really having no playing around room. I have to make every week count. :)

Well, today is a rest day, no workout. I love working out, but I tell ya, I love the rest days all the same. I will see you guys later. Hopefully everyone is having a great day and making good choices.

Ciao!

Elycia

u2girl
09-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Wow, I am not sure where I group is, but I am going to go ahead and post. I am getting such awesome results. Tonight my sister was telling me that my arms are looking awesome! My shoulders are definitely losing the rounded look and getting toned. Then I had some tighter fitting pants on than usual and she said that she could definitely tell that my legs were getting smaller. THEN, my husband, the most un-observant man on the planet I think, looked at me today and said, "Oh, I can tell that you are losing. your mid section looks smaller." I was like "OMG". This is really getting exciting that people can tell. I have been putting in alot of hard work. Even the other day at work a girl told me that she could tell that my face was looking slimmer. That is really motivating. For other people to be able to tell is really nice. I tell ya, by next summer, I will be ready for my shorts and by Hawaii, I will be ready for a slammin' bathing suit.

I hope that everyone is doing okay today and have a great weekend. I hope that you have just a second to check in just to let us know that you are doing okay. We don't have to lose weight alone. We have each other for support to help us through the downs and keep us up. :)

Hope to see you guys later. I've gotta run. Just wanted to share. Oh yeah, I also got my new watch in the mail today. It is called the Nike Triax c6. It is the most awesome watch I have ever seen. It's got some great features for whipping me into shape. I will have to tell you guys more about it tomorrow. See ya.

Elycia

SAHMof1
09-30-2006, 12:02 AM
HI ladies.. ITs been quite a week.. If finally hit me that I hadn't been to the boards here in almost a week. I have had a bout of depression and did fall off the wagon, but I am back on it and didn't do too much damage.. I also made a decision to join LA Weight Loss. SO if any of you have done this program please share your experiences with me.

Congrats to all of you for staying motivated and workig toward your goals. I can't wait to post a new weight for myself, so look for it coming soon..

rkrs6673
09-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Elycia-- wow I am so happy about your progress! I hope youw move is going well. I also like the way you are exercising everyday. Overall I think you are doing great!

Sahm0f1- I am happy you are back on track! I had always wanted to join a program like LA weightloss. Please keep us updated on how things are going.

elizabeth28
10-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Quick note:
Resolve, Elycia—RESOLVE! The Shrinking Misfits' Undying Resolve challenge! Let’s actually plan for those fleeting moments in time that compromise our sanity and challenge our resolve!! How did you NOT lose yours today?

Cheers to all of you lovely ladies!! Best wishes for October!

elizabeth

galengail
10-01-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm still on the wagon, but I've just been too busy elsewhere to actually be online all that much. I guess that's a good thing since sitting on my butt in front of this computer isn't exactly helping my weight loss. I think I'm doing well with the food. I allow myself to eat whatever I want on for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights, but I always watch my portions. I never eat everything. I think that's definitely key when eating out.

My weigh-in is Tuesday, so I hope that there will be a bit of a change on the scale to reward me for walking each day and watching what I've been eating.

I hope everyone else is well and still losing!

u2girl
10-02-2006, 02:46 PM
New Month, New Resolve. Pop off to October's check-in. Below is the link. Hope to see ya.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95141