Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 08-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #1  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Default Question about New Measurements

Ok my trainer gave me my numbers today and I'm just wondering if this is good or bad. He didn't have time to explain anything to me. Can someone please help?
Measurements on 3/28- Measurements on 8/24-
Hips: 51 ------------ Hips: 51
Waist: 43 ------------- Waist: 43
Neck: 14 1/2 ---------- Neck: 14 1/4
Shoulder: 52 ----------- Shoulder: 52 1/2
Chest: 42 1/2 ---------- Chest: 42
Thigh: 23 ----------- Thigh: 24 1/2
Calf: 15 1/2 ------------ Calf: 16
Bicep: 15 --------- Bicep: 15 1/2
Forarm: 11 1/4 ------------ Forarm: 11 1/4

Skinfold:
Tricep: 29.3 -------- Tricep: 20
Suprailiac: 45.3 ---------- Suprailiac: 45
Thigh:27 -------- Thigh: 24.3

Averages: 101.6 --------- 89.3

Body Fat%
35.7% ---------- 33%

So I'm just wondering am I improving? OR is my body getting worse? I don't see any difference and I have actually gained weight instead of losing. I'm so confused right now. Please help!!
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:24 PM   #2  
Mel

You are slowly losing FAT which is great, but not size or weight which I would expect over that long a time difference. How often do you train? What does your workout look like? Cardio? NUTRITION?

I'm assuming that you want to lose some size and scale weight. You are definitly headed in the right direction because your overall body fat% has gone down, but if you are really trying to get smaller, I'd say that 5 months is a long enough experiment to determine that this isn't entirely working for you.

So what is it that you are doing and how are you eating?

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #3  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I have been calorie counting, keeping my calories between 1500-1800 and my fat to less than 40g. I have not really changed alot about how I eat with the exception of portions and alot less meat and way more veggies. As far as my workout well.. the 1st set of #'s were taken at the end of March. About 2 1/2 weeks after that I ended up in a wheel chair because I completely blew out my knee (disintergrated the ACL, tore the cartilage and dislocated my kneecap). I was in the wheelchair for a month prior to surgery and for about 2 weeks after. I then went into physical therapy and onto crutches for another 6 weeks. I have only been back at the gym since roughly the 3rd week in July. So a little over a month. My routine is:
Monday Leg Press, leg extention, Leg curl, standing calf, adductor and abductor and 30 min of cardio.
Tuesday: 60 min of cardio, 3 sets of 25 crunches, 2 sets of 10 pushups
Wednesday:Chest press. pecfly,arm curl,seated dip, 30 min of cardio
Thursday: 60 min of cardio, 3 sets of 30 crunches, 2 sets of 15 pushups
Friday: Shoulder press, latpulldown, seated row,low back extention,cardio for 30 min

I do 12 reps per set, bumping up the sets every 2 weeks. Right now I'm doing 3 sets.
Does this routine need tweeking? and if so advice would be welcome. Also on the advice of my doctor I'm about to start the South Beach diet and see if that works for me. Thanks so much Mel!

Last edited by timmyshawn; 08-31-2006 at 12:57 PM.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote