Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 08-30-2006, 06:42 PM   #1  

Default Latest News

I saw my surgeon here this morning. The one who took over my care that is. And here is what he said.

Conclusively, yes. The reason I have this new absurd swelling like a baseball at the top of my right leg is because the incision is seperated and it is indeed a hernia. Requiring surgery by a general surgeon, not a plastics guy because that's not their field.

Second. Yes indeed, there is enough of my pannus left for him to state that I need an panniculectomy all over again. Problems with that are as follows. The first is that I have to be healed for 6 months before they can mess with me again or mass chaos would ensue in the tissue. When I asked him how long it will be before he considers me healed, he said 3 months from NOW based on the drainage issues. I am still draining after all. He wants all pockets that remain in the tissue totally resolved. So I'm looking at 9 months before they can do it again. The next issue is that he personally has a 6 year wait list?!?!?! I just about fell off my chair hearing that. He is just that much in demand.

So, I'm seeing him in a month and he's going to line up referrals to another out of province surgeon and said since I'm going out of province for that I might as well see a general surgeon there as well and try to have both procedures done at the same time. So this time I'll be going west instead of east oh joy.

I finally spoke to the woman who referred me to the first surgeon, the head of the group of some 75 of his post weight loss patients and she was blown away. I showed her my pics and she said it looked like I'd never even had the surgery. This meant a lot coming from her because she pretty much heads up his fan club. She said she's astounded and almost speechless and regrets ever sending me to him.

So for now, I just have to heal. So I can get cut up all over again. Sigh...
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:43 PM   #2  

Good Morning Hubs. I've been following your story. I wanted you to know I am thinking about you and wish you nothing but positive, healing thoughts. It sounds like you've been through the ringer. How you've remained so strong is beyond me! Please continue to keep us updated, and continue to get well. We are all praying for your continued improvement. Hugs to Hubs!!!
AuntieCiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:39 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yikes how frustrating, I'm sorry you have to go thru all this Hubs, what a nightmare. Well all we can do now is wait and pray that your healing goes as scheduled.

to you !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #4  

Thanks Leenie and AuntieCICI. I'm doing better. I'm sure I'll eventually get past the trauma of this and I'm recovering my physical strength slowly. This past week has been a big step forward. At least I know where I'm headed.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:03 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

i'm so glad that you're doing better. the road ahead is still long and hard, but you're regaining your strength, and that's what matters.

hang tough!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #6  

Hey Hubs.. I am sorry you have to wait this long to get things fixed, am sure waiting can be so frustrating.. But then again, I am glad your body will get time to heal itself before you go through anything else.. Please take extra care of yourself and use this time to pamper yourself (you earned it!).. Keep us posted and I wish you all the best..

D.
Della1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:15 PM   #7  

I was thinking about you today, Hubs. How are you doing? Hope things are on the positive side... Give us an update when you get a chance.

Once again - Hugs to you!
AuntieCiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #8  
Shar

S/C/G: 280/149/140

I've been thinking of you. Eric keeps ya'll posted on me but doesn't always keep me posted on you. I'm sorry that it looks like another waiting period for you before you can get the ball rolling again. And I'm a bit concerned that you're still 'draining' but I know you said you've had problems with that in the past. I hope you're healing emotionally a bit better than physically at this point. I'm sending warm thoughts and prayers you way,
HUGS,
Sharmel
USAFwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 277/134/140

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there Hubs !! Much love and peace to you.
magi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #10  

Well, my news ain't so great. I'm officially deep tissue infected and right back on antibiotics again. Oozing green goo from my 'new' busted open belly button. The drainage hasn't stopped but it has slowed down. Just now its puss.

Sigh. I'm pretty wiped, but the demands of work have been incredible. Someone said to me yesterday they're surprised I'm walking even! I am, but I feel like I could keel over flat any time now. Things should lighten up a little after this weekend. I hope. Doctor wants to put me on a different antibiotic as of tomorrow, just waiting for the culture and sensitivity reports back.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:44 PM   #11  
Old Cackler

good grief. yes - stronger words come to mind - but i can't use them in a public forum! they'd be censored for sure!!!!

hang in there, babe.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Ugh - what a crazy mess! Hang in the hugs - if anyone can do it you can.
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:42 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh brother Hubs what can I say except I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this crap You know you are in my prayers.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote