Old 08-28-2006, 10:04 PM   #1  
ROSIE

S/C/G: 212/165/165

Question Silly Question

I've been reading here a couple days and have seen posts about menu items. Can someone tell me what a "clementine" is? It seems to be a food of some kind and everyone seems to know what it is.

Thanks, Rosie
impala girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:05 PM   #2  
Shannon

Height: 5'3"

clemetine is a citrus fruit - like a small orange or tangerine

I've however never had one.
Shannon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:29 PM   #3  
ROSIE

S/C/G: 212/165/165

Thanks Shannon, I'd like to try one. Anyone know where you can find them. Are they only in certain areas?

Rosie
impala girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:23 AM   #4  
FBD/8-18-08

Clementines are very much like tangerines, however have very few seeds if any, are extremely simple to peel and very sweet. The used to be available only in winter around Christmas however, now I see them throughout the summer season and possibly all year long. I buy them from Sams and Costco mostly because I can get a "crate" 12-18 ea for around $6.00ish. I saw some today as a matter of fact at Sams, but didn't get any because we are in love with peaches right now and I'll wait until winter before buying Clementines.
PS. Brings back a wonderful memory; a few Christmas' ago, I had purchased a crate and had them in the fridge. DH decided to have one. My youngest wanted that one after it was peeled, so DH went for another. After getting that one peeled, he ended up giving it to our oldest, and so on. Well, about a dozen Clementines later, we were all full, he had peeled all of them, and we still laugh about putting away a dozen of them! (I guess it's better than when we used to put away 2 dozen Krispy Kremes!)
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:10 AM   #5  
Shannon

I thought the christmas variety that we see at that time of year were all manadrins and though clementines and manadrins are similar clementines are slightly larger in size.
Shannon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:50 AM   #6  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Love clementines, but the are, indeed, pricey. They are sooooooo easy to peel, which is probably one of the things I liked about them. I'm so lazy at times.
Pearl - you have the cutest family stories. Give Digger a hug (and all your other furkids too).
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote