Simply Filling/Core - Core Support Board for Week of August 27 - Sept. 2, 2006

Katpo
08-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Good morning!

Melissa, I just read about the plane crash! :?:

Vickie
08-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Good Morning Chicks! The party yesterday was SO fun. The Niece called me and asked me to pick out a balloon bouquet and a number 3 candle. She forgot! So I stopped for that stuff and iced coffee for me and my Sister on the way to the party. It took us two trips each to get everything into the house. I did great eating but I was STARVING when I got home. So I made my self some Farina. That was a first and a big accomplishment. Then I stayed up until 1:30 messing with my computer.

Hey Kathy, maybe you and Judd understand this stuff. I'm running Windows XP home version. I just upgraded to the SP2 (yeah I know it should have been done a long time ago!) because they aren't going to support SP1 after 10/06. Every since I upgraded, I'm constantly getting runtime errors and the system asking me if I want to debug. I went into the advanced settings and tried to disable the script debugging for IE and for "other". I haven't gotten a message this morning, so maybe it's fixed? Any other ideas?

I'm off to read about you all!

Katpo
08-27-2006, 10:54 AM
I'll ask him, but we've been using Firefox instead of IE because it gives better security. With us having 7 computers on our network, he's always worried about security. Anyway, I will ask.

Sounds like the party was great!

Tejas
08-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Good morning:

I was asked about the wedding date: it is November 25 at 1PM in Denton, Texas. The ceremony will be in The Little Chapel in the Woods on the Texas Women's University campus and the reception will be in the Denton Unitarian Congregation Hall. So, Kathy, come on over with your SO and meet me and Sandra and ours...save up the points for bar-b-que and wedding cake and pies and peach cobbler and BlueBell ice cream...anyone else in the area?...come on over. The exercise component will be the dancing to the "oldies."

The Chapel is absolutely beautiful and if you just type "The Little Chapel in the Woods" into Google, you can see pictures of it. The stained glass windows are stunning, mostly blue tones, and all about women, as is appropriate since the University began as an all women's institution.

I began today with a huge down-home breakfast at a local cafe that hasn't changed since the 50's. Well, it's a Canadian down-home..there were no biscuits and no gravy.

So, the rest of the day is fruit and veggies for me. I'll make it since it's already noon.

I hope everyone has a great OP day. I guess I better go shopping for an anklet.

ontarget
08-27-2006, 01:06 PM
kathy, you had quite a night. i hope you get some help for your fingers. don't be stubborn. what did you think of the neighborhood/home.

melissa, maybe you and i can connect in 07. i'm coming to louisville twice.

what plane crash?

vickie, kudos, my friend!! you're back on track and on your way.

rhonda, wouldn't it be great to have cyber friends at the wedding? i'll go look at the chapel. it sounds beautiful. i need to go get that anklet, too. i didn't do it yesterday cuz curtis was with me.
we just went to sports places.

my weight is up a bit this am. prob cuz of no exercise yesterday. i can tell i'm going to have to do some sort of activity daily if i'm going to eat anything. oh, well, i'll do something today even if i have to go to the club and splash in the water by myself.

everyone have a great day.

Mattandgabbysmom
08-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Good evening Chickies, just checking in to say Hello. Not much going on today, very lazy day, it has been raining very hard all day. Yesterdays weather was nice & cool, I had a nice visit from my mom,brother, sil & niece. I went to the outlets and got the kids some sneakers & clothes.

Kathy ouch you really did a number on your hands, I hope you are feeling better.

Tejas :wel3fc:

Sandra i find I lose better If I exercise too.

Vickie glad you had a good time at the party, sounds like you did real well with the food.

ontarget
08-27-2006, 06:40 PM
hi, niki. we're having a laidback day, too. i am thinking of getting on the exercise bike. it's about 6 feet away from me right now. i need to just get up and hop to it.

Mattandgabbysmom
08-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi Sandra, my bike is about 6 feet away from me also and I really should get on, every so often the idea comes to me and quickly goes away :o

:dust:

Froufy
08-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Well Kathy - seems you have some 'issues' with appendages - first the foot, now the hand - I assume you are done now? Sure hope it's nothing serious - I was getting a big squeamish just reading about it - what about an x-ray for the finger - just to make sure??? Are you icing it? does that help?

Niki - buckets of rain here too today - very depressing and gray!

Rhonda - sounds like you are all hyped up for the upcoming nuptials - and I just noted your 'canadian' address (I'm in Ottawa!) - I presume you will be living in Texas after the wedding?

Where Saundra by the way? Off to Picton and no sound from her since?

Vickie - glad the party was fun and sounds like you did a great job staying on track - good for you - I bet you will have a great weigh-in on Monday!

Angela - hope all dd's are now fine and well?

I went to bed very late (like 1 am) - and then was up at 6 am - and started WORRYING ABOUT WORK AGAIN! This is not good! I think I then dozed on and off til around 10 am - trying to keep my mind 'clear' and not think about all that has to be done. I am still feeling overwhelmed as it is all on my shoulders. My mgr is off til next week - but I will discuss with her as I can't go on like this - I anticipate a bad night - I really need to sleep thru the night cuz if I do wake up those wheels start turning and I start getting anxious about the next day.

Also getting panicked about cruise packing - yes more anxiety in my life! :D I got some tank tops today on sale - one white, one black (basic cotton), one fuschia (lacey on top and bottom) and one pale pink/mauve to go with that mauve quackers lemonade linen shirt I got off e-bay. I need to start putting things in the suitcase and finding all my toiletries, and cosmetic bags etc as this is making me worry as well - wondering where everything is and will I find it. I think if I find it and pack it some of this stress will subside.

I am extremely tired now and will try to get to bed early. Dh's friend coming over after 9:30 pm to review his 'submission' with him - I plan to be upstairs in my jammies.

My eating has been very off and erratic - very big cravings for comfort foods (how surprising) - I need to stay on track for the next 2 weeks prior to cruise and back to the gym. At least I managed to boil some eggs for tomorrow and have some salad greens I can pack up and go! I am so lazy but I shall try and wash some grapes too! Bad Froufie!

Frouf

septembersgoal
08-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Yeah, it's kind of been a depressing day around here today.
We found out in church this morning that a plan crashed at our airport here in town. I'm sure it's all over the news, I heard it was on CNN. Yeah, I just looked at cnn.com and it's on the front page. It's so sad--I'm still not clear on what happened, but everyone on the plane except one person died I think. I don't think there was anyone I knew, but I'm sure lots of friends of friends.
Then this morning when we got home we got a call from Aaron's parents. His grandmother (dad's mom) is in her late 90's. We found out that they have called in Hospice and his parents were on their way to see her in Cincinnati. So we decided to go with them, that's where we've been all day. She was really pitiful, and for her sake I hope that she goes quickly. She couldn't really speak but she was humming at one point and I wondered if she was seeing things that we couldn't see, maybe singing with the angels. It was sad, but she has lived a full life and no one thought she would live this long. Her kids are doing well with it.
So that's been my day.

Kathy, I hope that the fingers are feeling better tonight. Take care of yourself!

Vickie, I'm so glad that you had a good time at the party. And :bravo: on coming home to eat something good for you. I'm impressed.

Sandra, I would love to meet you next time you come to KY!!

Rhonda your wedding plans sound beautiful. I would come if I were closer! :D

I'm off to prepare for the week chickies. I might bbl.

septembersgoal
08-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Frouf, don't lose steam now! You've been doing so great and a fabulous vacation is just days away...:hug:

ontarget
08-27-2006, 08:32 PM
niki, i still haven't let the dust settle on me. i'll hop on shortly. i promise. how about you? maybe we need a bicycle built for 2?

frouf, keep thinking about what fun you're going to have. if you forget to pack something, i'm sure they'll be glad to sell you some on the ship. try to relax and look forward to your cruise. think of us--all at home being green with envy. and there you are--pink.

melissa, what a sad day for you. i'm so sorry. don't let it all get you down. tomorrow's a new day. (even if it is a monday)

Tejas
08-27-2006, 10:27 PM
What an interesting board to read...tragedies, triumphs, challenges...

Froufy...we will continue living here in Toronto until I retire in 2009. The plan is to move to Texas then. It will be quite a change for me after 1/2 my life in Canada. But, since I go to Texas at least twice a year and essentially all of my family is there, it shouldn't be too hard. I'll just come back North to visit...in the summer.

We're going on a cruise in the Western Caribbean for our honeymoon. I've never been on one so I'll join the others in being interested in your adventure.

Froufy
08-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Oh Rhonda - how exciting - what ship? Itinerary? I can lead you to all the cruise info you need! (this is my 7th cruise!)....You will love it! What do you do in Toronto (I have at least 11 more years til I retire! sigh....)

Melissa - sorry to her about Aaron's grandma - I hope she does not suffer. And what a horrible tragedy on that airplane - so sad!

Speaking of sadness - dh's aunt passed away this morning - we await memorial service info. At least she didn't suffer too long!

Guess I should head off to bed and try to stay asleep and dream of my lovely cruise outfits I shall be wearing oh so soon!

Frouf

Katpo
08-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Rhonda, I've done that cruise you're talking about ... is it out of Galveston? We had a very good time but if you're going to Cozumel, don't fall for any of those land excursions. They are LAME-O! You would have more fun walking around town by yourself. Cozumel is our favorite place since we are scuba divers and have gone there many, many times. Anyway, I'll be interested in knowing where you're going and if you're serious, I really would like to come to your wedding and meet you! It might not be the best time, but would probably be the ONLY time ... and Sandra and I have already decided we will be getting together sometime during their visit here. I'm probably about 10 miles from where her son lives.

Judd has been giving me a hard time tonight because I boiled some eggs. He absolutely HATES the smell! I just laughed; he'll have to get over it!

Food is all decided for tomorrow but I'm not packing it until morning. I hope everyone has a good night!

ontarget
08-27-2006, 11:38 PM
frouf, you're sounding more like your old self again. maybe we needed tejas here sooner.

kathy, we will definitely meet this fall. who knows you might even take up archery in your spare time. spare time? what spare time?

Vickie
08-28-2006, 06:25 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I got up at 4:00 am to go to the bathroom and couldn't go back to sleep. I'm worried about Cassie. She has to go in for her teeth cleaning today and she has undiagnosed medical issues. I'm afraid she'll dehydrate or have a bad anesthesia experience. Remember, she's like a kid to me so this is like my kid going in the hospital today. I'm kind of a wreck.

I don't know what happened with me yesterday. I never got a chance to get back here an catch up. I'll come back later while I'm nervously awaiting my baby to come home.

I'm not sure what the scale will do this morning. I hope it will be down. It's technically TOM time and I've been getting some bloating even when no TOM comes so we'll see. I'm ok with something small as long as it is something. We had Chipotle for dinner last night even though I try not to eat out the night before weigh in. I just kept asking and asking Jim what he wanted and he never really responded. I should have just made the decision for both of us. Tonight we'll do steak on the grill. We won't want to leave Cassie once she gets home.

Ok....I'm jittery. I'll come back after WW and lunch.

Vickie
08-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey Chicks! Cassie is at the Vet and Jim and I did our grocery shopping for dinner tonight. I'm eating breakfast before leaving for my weigh in. So I haven't had a TOM since the end of April. Guess what arrived this morning in time for my first weigh in back at WW? Yep......and I sure don't want to weigh in but I'm going to anyway.

And BTW, how long is my ankle going to take to stop hurting. I MUST get back on the treadmill!

Tejas
08-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Hello:

Kathy, of course I'm serious about the wedding and reception...if that's not convenient for you then you, Sandra and I can find another time maybe. We'll be in Texas the week before the wedding..but leaving the day after for the honeymoon.

The cruise: it's Carnival's Ectasy out of Galveston on the 27th of Nov. I was thinking about one of the land excursions, but not the one where you spend 5 hours out and 3 of them are in a bus!!! I've never been on a cruise before but Doyle (On Target's cousin :-) ) has been on a few.

I was asked what I do in Toronto: I teach public health at the University of Toronto...due to retire in 2007. I'm also very active in university politics, having held many positions in my Association. As Henry Kissinger said: academic politics are so petty because the stakes are so low. He's right. But, I love it, what can I say.

I assume that Cassie is a pet and is all right. I have two dogs: Jake, a 7 year old Border Collie-Lab and Anna an 8 year old Border Collie-Shepard. Last night I had a horrific dream about Anna dying. We get so close to these dear animals. I hope it's all OK.

It's only 11AM here but I've done well so far with being OP...am staying home this morning to make no-point soup, going to work this afternoon and may go to the gym to see what the new exercise class is all about.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Froufy
08-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi all,

Vickie - hope TOM does not wreak havoc with your WI - but just think what fabulous results you'll have next week! How was Cassie's vet visit? I hope she is okay. (I am also planning steak on the bbq tonight - can't wait!)

Tejas - so do you want company on your honeymoon cruise? :D:D

As a first time cruise I am happy to provide links where you will find AMAZING AND FABULOUS information on cruising - go to cruisecritic.com - there you will find info, boards, and ship reviews. Another good spot is cruiseclues.com - lots of pics, menus, etc.

On cruisecritic - specifically - here is where all the boards are by topic:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php

Carnival cruise discussions can be found at:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Your specific roll call (Ecstasy - Nov 27) is here:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=334028
It seems to be a bit sparse right now - but will become more active as you get closer to the cruise - it is lots of fun to introduce yourselves and chat with other cruisers heading the same way. Most times these groups will arrange a meet and greet on the ship. On my upcoming cruise we actually have 3 honeymooning couples - one getting married on the beach the night before the cruise and another couple coming all the way from Ireland!

You should also look at the 'ports of call' boards where people talk about the different excursions and provide info and recommendations - always a good way to find out what to do! and who's reputable!

You will have a fabulous time! (what kind of cabin do you have? what deck?)

Thanks for the work info too - I work for Health Canada in Ottawa!

Sandra - I think you should send Kathy back with her own bow and arrow - I am sure she can put it to good use? :D

I am trying to stay on track today - very depressed about my weight - I am nowhere near my 'cruise goal' - but still trying to lose a few more lbs before I go? (will anything even fit?).

Also taking it easy at work - trying to do one thing at a time and not get obsessed about everything all at once - slow and steady wins the race!

I am still not happy about my highlights (which I paid BIG BUCKS for) and will make the rounds at work and get opinions. I think they will lighten up on the next couple of weeks so will lighten up a bit - they are EXTREMELY subtle right now.

Trying to drink water (UGH) and going to the gym after work. I am so hungry today tho - had lunch at 11:45 - then my grapes and finally feeling full. I am so looking forward to my steak dinner (okay that must be the hunger talking?)...probably not home til 6:30 pm!

Frouf

ontarget
08-28-2006, 04:55 PM
hi there. we were gone all am running errands. we're putting the travel trailer in storage till we go to texas. we had to make arrangements for that already. i bought groceries and made lunch. now i'm waiting to go to w a as well as watering the yard. i'll head out and do some rose pruning in a few minutes.

rhonda, i'm getting to know you even better now that you're posting here. ain't it great! i need to make some no point soup, too, so we'll have it next week. bow season opens this weekend and we'll be coming in hungry a lot.

frouf, i hope you're in better spirits now. just keep chugging that water. how many days till you leave?

vickie, how's cassie? frouf is right. you'll have a great wi next week.

Mattandgabbysmom
08-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Hello Chickies, another rainy day here in NY. My kids are going stir crazy 2 days couped up. I am so excited My cousin who lives in Virginia with her fiance and 2 boys are coming to stay with me on September 7th for 4 days. Her oldest son who is 11 is my godchild and her younger son is 9, I have not seen them in over 2 1/2 years, I think my daughter was an infant last time we saw them. My son is also very excited to have boy cousins close to his age around.

Sandra I never did get motivated to get on the bike I will try to get on today:ebike: BB is that Big Brother, if so I missed it, Please tell me who is on the chopping block.

Vickie good luck at WI, How is Cassie?

Froufie I am glad to hear you are taking it easy at work, stress is a bad very bad thing :faint: :D How many days till Bon Voyage?:cool:

Tejas your wedding plans sound wonderful! I have never been on a cruise, must try one some day.

Katpo
08-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Good evening, folks! I had a really good day; ate well and drank all my water. This morning's w/i was the same as last week, but I should have waited until tomorrow because even after eating all day, my tonight weight just now is a pound less. I guess I got the big whoosh during the day with all that water! Now tomorrow should be really down, and I might even change my ticker.

I worked 10 hours though, and just got home so I need to go cook dinner now before it gets too late. I'll see you all tomorrow.

ontarget
08-28-2006, 11:35 PM
niki, i remember rainy days with my son. kids need to get outside and runoff some energy, don't they? bb is big bro. i'm addicted. i am rooting for danielle. janelle and c george were put up yesterday. i hope she doesn't get veto power. if she does, i don't know who erika will put up. will's working on her to put up danielle.

kathy, i hope your weight is down in the am. you're making me want to go chug some water now. guess i should. i'll be watching for your wi results tomorrow.

Mattandgabbysmom
08-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Sandra, I went to cbs.com and watched the show that I missed online. Will was soo funny with the camara, I think he is losing it. I also am rooting for Danielle, I don't want Mike, Will or Janelle to win. I am addicted to this show, Prison Break is another favorite that is back on.

Vickie
08-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Boy what a day yesterday was. Not a lot of activity for me but lots of stress and fretting.

I went to my weigh in and lost 1.6 pounds. I hoped for more...what new...but am delighted with that. If I lost 1.6 every week consistently I would be a grateful girl. I'm not sure what impact TOM had. All I know is that I'm in a LOT of pain and very emotional, including crabby.

The emotional part is what leads me to Cassie. She came through her procedure well. She didn't need any extractions. I did, however, cry when I left her there. Thanks TOM! I was SO worried that her dilute urine/excessive water drinking which we still don't know the cause would make her not be able to come through the anesthesia. She had to have the tube down her throat and the whole nine yards! Anywho...she's not back to normal. She ate about a third of her normal food yesterday and did drink some water. I was alarmed because she wouldn't pee last night. She hadn't gone since 7:15 yesterday morning as far as I knew. She's already gone out and pottied this morning and has eaten her full breakfast so all is well. She's mad at me though. I guess because I was the driver!

I'm the proudest of the fact that I didn't stress eat yesterday. I know some of you might wonder how one could stress eat over a dog, but she and the cat are our kids. I'll post my menu for yesterday. I did eat some saltines and popcorn but all in all I did well.

Now I'm REALLY going to go catch up with you all. I'm sure you thought I fell off the face of the earth yesterday.

Katpo
08-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Morning weight was 141.6; I went to the gym this morning at 6 despite not going to bed until after midnight. Another 10 hour day at work but I'll try to come back later.

Glad Cassie is fine. Congrats on the loss, Vickie!

Vickie
08-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Kathy, WOW girl! What IS with you and hurting yourself? What's the status? Did you go do the Doctor to find out if it is broken? We must have an update!

Hey Tejas! Jim and I got married on November 10, 1991! It is a beautiful time of year to get married in Chicago. We had to make sure that it was after the World Series or my groom would have been in the bar trying to watch the game. I've never been on a cruise either but I have no plans to go on one. I have too many control issues! Did you see our profile thread? You can learn at least a little basic information about us.

Sandra, you and I are in the same little rowboat. If I don't exercise I don't lose....period. My ankle is still sore but I'm desperate to get back on the treadmill. I'm hoping for tomorrow.

Niki, I'm glad you had fun spending your Ebay earnings! Jim and I watch Prison Break also. Year one was fimed in a prison in Joliet which is about 20 minutes soutwest of us. Pretty cool.

Frouf, you and I need to find more productive ways to deal with our stress than comfort foods. Or maybe we just need to start considering Core foods comfort! I'm very sorry for DH's loss.

Melissa, :hug: for you and Aaron. Seeing someone you love slipping away is SO hard.

Wow...you all were pretty quiet! It stinks that most of you have to work and can't play on the computer all day. No Saundra. I hope nothing bad happened on their trip. I miss her positive support. Selfish huh?

I'll try to come back later.

Katpo
08-29-2006, 09:37 AM
No, Vickie, you got married in 1991. Remember? :rofl:

My finger is dark blue but bends so I think it's okay. The cut seems to be closing up.

PTAPrez238
08-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Morning,

I missed all of yesterday. I actually had to look at the calendar today to see if it was Tuesday or Wednesday. Anyway, Hi everyone.

I already posted on the challenge, Vickie you and I lost the same 1.6. I feel so good. Sunday at my friends went a lot better than I thought. They made steak on the grill (in the rain), I had a plate burger and alittle salad (caesar dressing already on). No chips, but a piece of the chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars my older DD made and some cheese and water crackers fresh from Ohio.

Vickie, that's funny about your wedding date. Paul and I got married on Oct. 11, 1987 and spent our wedding night in the hotel eating pizza and watching the playoffs. We were glad the Mets didn't make it that year because our wedding was at this place called "Terrace on the Park" which is where the 69 worlds fair was and it right near Shea Stadium. Yanks will be rained out here today. I'm glad Cassie is doing better today.

Can anyone say Labor Day? Woo Hoo the kids go back to school next Wednesday. Sanity returns. Kids in bed by nine, mommy relaxing until bed.

I'll stop by later.
Stacey

Vickie
08-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks, Kath! I changed the year to 1991. What on earth is wrong with me? I keep saying 2001 out loud too. Sheesh. I guess I'm just distracted with other things. Would you believe that I was just testing you all?!

I'm glad your finger is getting better. It must be hard to work like that.

Stacey, :cp: :bravo: :cp: to you! Let's see if we can do the same next week.

I feel SO worn out. I have to go. Jim wants me to make a grocery list and I have no idea what to have for dinner. I just took frozen chicken out this morning so it may have to wait until tomorrow.

Vickie
08-29-2006, 09:59 AM
I forgot to tell you all that I finally found the Kraft Free mozarella and the cheddar at my Super KMart. I've been using the Jewel/Albertsons brand name or the soy cheese. The Kraft brand was better by far; it melted much better and was creamier and had a better flavor.

I'm also still trying to track down the WW cold cereal. Despite what the WW magazine says, it is NOT available in the area. I called WW HQ and they gave me the number of the mill that manufactures it for them. Too bad the company doesn't answer the phone. Sigh. How do companies stay in business?

Vickie
08-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Kathy, I just saw your post about going to the gym first thing this morning. Good for you. I think exercise and water are huge factors. Was that a low weight for you? I have a hard time keeping track of my own.

Katpo
08-29-2006, 10:07 AM
No, I had 139 last week one day. Water's good for me but if I exercise, I have to eat more and I have a hard time eating much more than I already do.

I can't find that ONE cereal that's marked Core. They say Super Target sells it but :no: they don't have it around here! The grocery stores have all the others, but I want that Vanilla Puffed Wheat. I had it once, before it was marked Core. If you find some, let me know!

Mattandgabbysmom
08-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Vickie & Stacey congratulations on the weight loss!!! :bravo:

Vickie Glad Cassie is doing better today!

Good morning Kathy glad to hear the finger is not broken.

Stacey I know Terrace on The Park, Very nice place, I use to live not too far from LaGuardia Airport. AHH 1987, I remember the 80's, I almost got married in 1988 but we broke it off three months before the wedding. I married ten years later to a wonderful much better person.

Vickie
08-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Kathy, are you able to find your Crystal Light Red Ruby Grapefruit? It's everywhere here now. I'll let you know if I find the cereal. I haven't tried Super Target. I'll look there.

Thanks Niki! Jim was married before. He says he's married to a much better person now!

I've got a haircut and color today. Gotta run!

Katpo
08-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Yes, I can find it -- actually I always could, but just could never find it in the single serving "tube" packages! You know me, I had to gripe about something! :lol: I make a pitcher every night, either of tea or Crystal Light and the lemonade and RR are our favorites.

PTAPrez238
08-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Just stopping by,
I make a pitcher for work everyday of Crystal Light. Orange Pineapple and Orange Strawberry Banana are my favorites. Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.....LOL

Stacey

Vickie
08-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Oh...I thought you couldn't find any anywhere. I've never seen the tubes. I'm out the door for some pampering.

ontarget
08-29-2006, 02:54 PM
hi there. i just cooked a "country" lunch for us and we'll take lo's along with a rose bouquet to my mil later. we're just working around the house now. nothing exciting going on here.

niki, i'm a prison break fan, too. curtis stopped watching it last season but is back into it now. i had to do some major catchup for him. lol

vickie, congratulations. l.6 is a great loss. you're right. if we could lose that every week, we'd all be happy chickies. and also congratulations on not stress eating. that's a biggee and i appreciate what you did. i used to fret over my pets, too. i totally understand.

kathy, congratulations to you, too. you're doing great. i'm proud of you for going to the gym so early. that took oomph.

stacey, school starting is a biggee with most parents, isn't it?

it was busy here for awhile today, wasn't it? wish i'd been here then.

i miss melissa.

RoseB
08-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Hi: It is a good day, is it not? Hope all are enjoying the last few days of warm days and looking forward to the next season. I got home from Ottawa and darn I was going to call Saundra and wouldn't you know it I did not know her last name. She had mentioned we should get together sometimes. We were kept busy though, as our son had us helping him move to Kanata. You would know that area Frouf.

Frouf, try not to worry no one is going to care whether you have lost weight (except yourself I guess) Others will not even notice. I find everyone is so concerned about themselves they don't even notice other people that much.
We took our daughter and family out last night for supper and she was saying that her sister-in-law was going on a Cruise (paid for by her Mother) and was so upset as she felt so fat. She almost did not want to go.
Just be yourselves Froufie and everyone will love you. You have a wonderful sense of humour. :D

Vicki, just try and sail through menopause. It is such a relief to have the monthly over with. I remember I was teaching night school when I was going through it and people would ask me if I had just come home from Florida as my face would get so red. I would just excuse myself and step outside in the frosty cool air and then come back in. We used to all laugh about it.
To be honest I had the easiest time, I am sure some do not.
Hope little Cassie is feeling better.

Sandra my dear friend I am amazed and thrilled at your weight loss. The Dr. refuses to give me any pills. I do have A Fib. which is under control so I guess he does not want to cause any problems.

Kathy you are on the go so much, I guess the fat just falls off of you. You should look good at the weight you are. Congratulations.

When I was in Ottawa I could read but could not post. I notice that Saundra has not posted, and that is unusual. Maybe I missed it somewhere that she was going to stay longer in Picton.

Stacey, I had to laugh at you looking forward to Labour Day. I used to hate it, I loved the kids at home. Actually mine were 8 years apart so I had it easy. My poor sister used to say she never got invited anywhere with her 2 little ones (they were a handful)

Tejas, you are a neighbour of mine, I live in the GTA, East. Welcome to this board, this group of ladies are wonderful. Guess you have found that.
I am not sure about that SANDRA though. JUST KIDDING, she is an :angel: I have known her as a cyber friend for a time now and she is a great gal. I guess you know all that though eh? Congratulations on your coming wedding.

Melisa, it is not an easy time for you now, but this to will pass. :hug:

Congratulations to the gals that lost weight this week. I am sorry to say I just stand still. Oh well, better days ahead. (I hope) I am keeping track of my points on my palm pilot and that may help. I try and eat mostly core foods but I do get side tracked.

Niki hope you are having fun with the money from the E bay earnings. I have never gone on E bay.

Well good folks I am leaving again tomorrow for a few days to the cottage. Those of you who saw pictures of the cottage and beach can think of me there.

Waving goodbye to you all.
Rose

septembersgoal
08-29-2006, 03:10 PM
i miss melissa.

Aw!!! Thanks Sandra! :hug:

I'm actually at home "sick." I'm not sure what's going on with me...I thought I was getting a sinus infection but so far it's a no go. I'm sinusy, congested, feeling super, super tired and a little dizzy, plus some stomach ickiness. My last appointment today got cancelled so I asked if I could leave early. Class starts tonight so I'm going to get in a nap before I have to go do that. I'm looking forward to it though.

Vickie, I'm so glad that Cassie is okay. That is so scary and you know I understand about crying over pets. I cried when I left Murphy at the groomer's that one time. :o CONGRATS on your loss!!!! I'm so proud. :cp:

Kathy, way to go on exercising this morning. I'm really impressed.

Sandra, your "country" lunch sounds good.

Rose, I hope that you have a nice time at the cottage.

I'm going to nap now friends. :faint:

ontarget
08-29-2006, 03:15 PM
rose, i was surprised when my doctor suggested diet pills for me. but i thought (what the hey?) i do know that diet pills don't work unless the one taking them lets them. i've taken diet pills before with no weightloss. i am very excited about losing weight this time. life is good.

have fun at the cottage. i miss you already.

ontarget
08-29-2006, 03:16 PM
melissa, i hope you feel better after your nap. what class will you be taking? thanks for reminding me about lunch. i need to go post it on the menu.

septembersgoal
08-29-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm still working on my master's you know. It is "Pastoral Care of Adolescents and Children," in other words counseling teenagers. :)
Thanks for missing me, that made me feel good. And CONGRATS again on your loss. I just can't get over how great you're doing.

ontarget
08-29-2006, 03:24 PM
i can't get over it either, melissa. i catch myself looking in the mirror a lot. also, the shorts i have on wind up hanging on my hips. :lol: that's a great problem.

the class sounds very interesting. i'll bet you will enjoy it.

Mattandgabbysmom
08-29-2006, 08:18 PM
I am going to do a Vickie Harumph!!! I am so frustrated, my daughter loves Polly Pocket I have been trying for the last 2 days to get her Polly Pocket play houses from the 90's on Ebay and I keep getting outbid at the last second, I would buy them at a store but they are not in production any more.:doh: doh!

ontarget
08-29-2006, 08:34 PM
niki, i understand what you're going through. i'm not on ebay but i'm patrolling walmart to see when they mark down their waterfalls again. now they're $86 instead of the original $115. if they hit $50 or close, i'll buy 2 or 3 and give them as gifts and keep one for my hummingbird garden.

Tejas
08-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi:

Rose, we're neighbors? Interesting....

Thanks so much for the links about cruises..I went to it and think I'll sign on and chat with the prospective passengers.

I can't find the space that was mentioned where you wrote about yourselves..I'd bare all if I could find it!

I have had a great OP day...and went to exercise class tonight. I also go to Pilates on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Mattandgabbysmom
08-29-2006, 08:46 PM
sandra are you watching bb, I wonder who is going on the chopping board to replace Janelle, that chill town are so two faced

Katpo
08-29-2006, 09:24 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53270

There you go, Rhonda! NOW you can bare it all! :lol:

Froufy
08-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi all,

Late night check in after a busy and yet another stressful day at work (so my @#$@#$@#$$ database is crapping out again - and we have 'lost' some applicants! IT guy trying to fix it - and more 'apology' emails to go out asking them to re-apply - I am so frustrated by all of this!).

So due to database issues a lot of other stuff is still just sitting there on my desk staring at me (what nerve!) - and without any staff - it's just me, myself and I tryingn to keep things going and honestly it's not pretty. I am now doing 2 jobs - and basically sinking! Need to stay organized and focussed.

So when the 'let's go out for lunch today' conversation started at work I was in - we went to a FANTASTIC indian buffet place - and yes I overindulged - but barely ate dinner I was not hungry til after 8 pm (which probably indicates how much I overate???).

Also had to go to lawyer's after work instead of gym to get notarized letter for ex to take dd over the border (watertown?) this weekend. Then some shopping - found some new socks for my cruise (black w/flowers and black w/white polka dots) - and yes Sandra I too am looking for a bargain - saw a cool pair of ray-ban sunglasses I would love (as 2nd pair) but too cheap to pay $35 (you'd think it being the end of summer they would be on sale?) - I will see if price drops soon!

Vickie - congrats on your 1.6 loss - way to go - considering TOM and all. Sounds like Cassie is almost back to normal? Hope all is okay with her.

Niki - I too am looking forward to school starting and getting back on a routine. (but just realized that means making lunches again UGH!)

DD's dance classes this yr seems to be Mondays (8-9), Wednesdays (7:30-09:30) and thurs 8:30-9:30 - or something like that - so lots more 'chauffeuring" in my future.

And Niki - that has happened to me many times on e-bay - being outbid at the last second! You need to be hanging on there when the auction ends - so frustrating!

Rose - yes I know Kanata - dh had a townhouse there before we married - and we used to call it our 'cottage' as we used it as a weekend getaway!

I too wonder where Saundra is? I know she went to Picton - she was also expecting company from out of town? But I don't remember the exact dates?

Kathy - good job on gym and water consumption - looks like it is paying off. As for the 'finger updates' - they made me shudder :D

Rhonda - hope you have a nice time chatting with your cruise buddies - it will surely make the cruise experience that much more fun! I sure hope you told the cruiseline it was your honeymoon!

Okay so I can't find a good beach bag and time is running out - I have a lame plastic one (estee lauder) which I use when w/dh - and he lugs around the heavy backpack with our towels, snorkel/mask, water shoes, change of clothes, sunscreen, camera, etc. Given that he is not with me I guess I can't ask Andrea to be my packhorse?? :D So I need something a bit more substantial but seem to be super picky? Can't find right size/color/style and now they are all gone! Some on e-bay but with 10 days left to cruising not sure I can get it fast enuf? Have to go forage in my closet and see what else I can find.

and Rose as for feeling 'fat' on my cruise - yes I hope to cover it up with my sense of humour :D - however it's more a state of mind I guess. I know I would feel better and have more confidence if I had lost some more weight (and even so I would be considered obese). I am mostly concerned about clothes fitting and not too many excess bulges or folds - but guess there's not much I can do about that now? I need to stop pressuring myself about this cuz I think this is what is now causing me to overeat and gain even more weight before I go - help!

Froufie

ontarget
08-30-2006, 12:49 AM
rhonda, congratulations on a great day making healthy choices and getting some exercise. you are sounding sooooo happy--and focused, too.

niki, i watched it on tape later tonight. i was at w a when it aired. grrrrrrrr!!!! that chill town makes me mad.

frouf, i'm getting frustrated, too, waiting on these end of summer bargains to appear. maybe soon. how many more days till your cruise?

Tejas
08-30-2006, 04:49 AM
What am I doing awake at this hour!!!!?? I was hungry that's what! I had some hot milk while baring it all on the profiles...READ ALL ABOUT IT!

I hope you all have a great day; I'm going back to bed for a little while...

Katpo
08-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Wow, Rhonda! That's no fun!

I didn't go to the gym this morning because Judd didn't sleep = I didn't sleep and I woke up with an earache and something hurting waaaay at the back of my throat on the earache side. Hmmm ... oh, well. Might as well shaddup about it because I have another 10 hours at work, then we'll see what happens.

Scale was down .2 this morning, to 141.4. I just can't break out of the 140s except for brief fleeting moments. Hopefully by Monday, I'll have done it and then can stay there. It's aggravating, to say the least.

PTAPrez238
08-30-2006, 10:20 AM
good morning all,

Another rainy day here. I'm hoping Ernesto goes far enough west so we can salvage the holiday weekend.

Rose, my joy at school starting is more about some structure in the house than anything else. As a full time working mom I value every second with both my DD's. They truly are the lights of my life. I just feel bad that I'm at work and they are at home. At least if there's school our schedules are somewhat similar and I don't feel as if I'm away from them as much.

Froufy, I hope the Cruise is coming soon. I'm totally jealous. I'm hoping to go on one next year for my 20th anniversary.

Niki, I have to look at some of the things we haven't unpacked yet. We've only been in the house so there's no big rush. I might actually have a polly pocket set from my older daughter. I remember keeping one but my little one never played with it. I'll let you know after the weekend.

Better get back to work. See ya later
Stacey

Mattandgabbysmom
08-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Good morning chickies, rain, rain & some more rain it has not stopped raining since Sunday.

Kathy I hope your not getting sick.

Froufy wow only 10 days left till your cruise. How frustrating for the database to crash and lose info, hasn't this happened before.

Tejas you were up before the birds, I hope you were able to fall back asleep.

Stacey I'm with you, I hope Ernesto goes far west enough, I don't want this weekend to be a wash out. Hasn't this weeks weather been awful?
Stacey wonderful, my dd will be very pleased if you have a Polly Pocket set, I will pay you for the set & shipping.

Sandra you are doing soo great, isn't it wonderful when your clothes just hang big, I have alot of clothes that are getting to big but I still don't want to buy alot of new clothes yet, want to lose way more :D

Vickie
08-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I slept well last night. I'm sure it's because all is nearly back to normal in my house...my dirty house!

I've been sitting online all morning placing a Current wrapping paper order and two different personalized christmas ornament orders. We start early in my house! I'm also thinking about placing a tiny Innisbrook wrapping paper order. I don't have any kids in my life selling this paper for school. So, if you have one, send me the school code and I'll place the order online using one of your codes. There was one style of paper I wanted last year but they sold out. Assuming it's still available, I'll order it. First code I receive is the one I'll use!

I'm doing ok on program but I've used quite a few WPA's and I haven't been able to get on the treadmill yet. I think the ankle will be ok to try tomorrow. We have a ballgame tomorrow and I was going to have a kosher but I think I'll eat before I go. I don't think I should be spending 8 points especially since we are probably going out for dinner after the game with friends. We'll see. I need to clean my downstairs enough so that I can let our friend in tomorrow when he comes to ride with us to the ballgame. Guess I better get busy since the day is slipping away. I just finished eating breakfast.

I'm going to go catch up with all of you.

Vickie
08-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Sandra, what's a country lunch? I'm going to go look at your menu to find out! You and my Sister would get along so well. She LOVES waterfeatures and chimes.

Stacey, I'm counting on you to sweep Detroit. We need your help in the worst way. It's not often I can be a Yankee fan...but I sure am for the next three games!

Rose, I hope you have a ball at the cottage. I am trying to get through menopause naturally. I'm winning the battle, but some days aren't easy!

Melissa, I hope you're feeling better even though it means you'd have to go back to work.

Niki, I hate when I get beat out at the last minute too! I'm like Frouf now. I sit on there and monitor it until the last minute if it's something that I REALLY want. I also started inputting my highest bid and then if it goes higher, I just let the item go. I don't want to get into bidding wars. I hope you get one!

Poor Frouf! Does your life never have any boring moments? I live for the non dramatic days! I hope your database gets fixed soon. Is there no one who could be detailed to your unit to help you out until this job gets filled?

Geez Rhonda! Usually it's me awake in the middle of the night. I hope you got back to sleep and are feeling more well rested. I went to bed hungry last night too. I'm really working on my portion sizes.

Kath, I have the same ear/throat thing going on. I'm ignoring mine too!

Ok my little chickie friends....I'm off to search for this year's perfect Scottie christmas cards!

Katpo
08-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Vickie, there's a really good deal at VistaPrint that ends tomorrow. A whole lot of free stuff (like notecards, notepads, return address labels, etc.) and you just pay the shipping. I got them for my niece, and SILs. Christmas shopping starts early with me too; I've got about 1/2 of it done (nephews, nieces, SILs/BILs). My kids get money and apartment stuff, except Shaun will get clothes. I imagine he'll come out of boot camp a different size though, so I'm waiting on that part. Neighbors will get either homemade bread and bean soup in a jar, or cookie mix in a jar. Haven't decided yet.

Have fun at the ballgame! We have some coming up but I don't know the dates; season is winding down and I'm sad.

Vickie
08-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Angela, I'm worried about you. You're not posting your daily trials or your menu. Is there something we can do to help? All is never lost.

Vickie
08-30-2006, 01:14 PM
I'll have to check it out, Kathy! Free? Wow!

I'm looking forward to the ballgame tomorrow.

ontarget
08-30-2006, 01:24 PM
hi there. looks like a lot of you got here before me. that's good. I NEED YOU!! the air quality here is poor because of smoke. curtis and i will be staying in today. i will go to w a later, though. we were talking about leaving the area. we did that back in the summer 00 because of smoke and went to the oregon coast for a few days. when we got home, there was still smoke. we're thinking it will be best to just stay put. we'd have to be outside a lot loading the travel trailer, etc.... if we left. oh, well.

enough complaining. sorry about that. the good news here is we are both healthy and working on getting even healthier. life is good.

rhonda, i just printed your profile. i also saved it in my "doyle and rhonda" folder. thank you for posting it for all of us. i am getting to know you better and better--and i'm loving it!

kathy, i know what you mean about getting stuck in a certain decade. just wish mine were the 40's. i'm sorry you two didn't sleep last night. curtis woke early today, too, cuz of smoke allergies. we have an air purifier next to our bed as well as a fan and a/c in the house. i can't imagine how folks who have none of those are surviving.

stacey, will you send us some of your rain? we could use it.

niki, i have 2 bags of clothes in the car. so far i haven't found anyone who wants them. i keep saying i'm giving them to tops. i just need to do it. my closet is still full with clothes that should last me about 10-15 more lbs. (thank goodness.)

vickie, i totaled my wpa's a few min ago. i've used 10 this week. thank goodness my week begins on fri. i am so proud of you. have i ever told you what one leader said for us to say to ourselves when we see something we want but don't have the pts? "i've had it before and i know what it tastes like." and to keep thinking also that you can have it anytime you want. it's not an emergency. hope this helps. it has helped me.

sometimes my mother would cook us meals with foods from the garden. i'd call them "country dinners." so the title for yesterday's lunch was just made up by me. i'm making enchiladas today. i need to tell myself what i told you to tell yourself. i'll let you know how i make out.

got to go make those temptations. i'll be back later. have a grand day, all.

Vickie
08-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Oooohhh, Sandra, that's part of my problem. Tomorrow is my last ballgame until next year. I can't have another ballpark kosher (they taste better there than anywhere else in Chicago) until next April. Does that qualify as an emergency?

I'm SO sorry about your air quality. I'd hate it for sure. Good luck this afternoon!

PTAPrez238
08-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Vickie,
Just to check in.....top of the 6th Yanks -2 Detroit - 0

Stacey

ontarget
08-30-2006, 02:40 PM
vickie. it definitely does. have that kosher. you know how to plan for it. if you don't have the last chance of the year one, you'll probably crash and eat other things that could be higher in points. well, you know what i mean.

after all those words of wisdom i typed in the earlier post, i did not make the enchiladas. we had a "lo country dinner."

looks like we'll have a laid back day today. i am going out around 4 pm to w a. i'm looking forward to that.

Vickie
08-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Stacey, Jim has the MLB package. I buy it every year for him for Christmas. We're watching....go Yankees!

Sandra, GOOD GIRL! You are SO right about the Kosher. It looks like we aren't going out for dinner after the game so I can splurge at the game a bit. I have the points but not many left after that. I would feel so deprived if I didn't eat it and I would do EXACTLY what you said when I got home. Yum yum....kosher coming my way....well done with mustard and sauerkraut!

Vickie
08-30-2006, 02:49 PM
So maybe I'm confused, Sandra. Was the enchilda better for you or the lo country dinner. I was reading that you made the better choice. That's why I said "good girl". Did you make the good choice?

Vickie
08-30-2006, 02:49 PM
I have to go eat lunch. It's almost 2:00 here and I'm hungry.

aghiowa
08-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Aww, Vickie, thanks for being concerned about me. I'm fine, just taking it easy the last few days here. I am still battling sinus infection after sinus infection - I think this current one is just one long melded continuation of the last one. Sigh. But I'm getting back on track with my eating. A group of ladies from my church have started up a weekly meeting to discuss health & fitness and to have accountablility to each other. So, it's like WW but free. :lol: They want me to present some info about Core next week. Of course, I can't give all the details, but I will give them some of the basic ideas. There are a few in the group that badly need to hear it.

I've been walking pretty religiously this week with my mom - we're up to about 3 miles a day, and my legs are sore! I just keep thinking of the toning/tightening I'm getting from it.

It's nice having the kids at school, because I can spend more time with little dd, who really needs the attention. Kids go through phases where they need more attention, and she's in one of those big time now.

In fact, it's time for me to go read books to her and then put her down for her quasai-nap...not that she really sleeps, but she still has a quiet time in her bed. I just may try for a 20 minute power nap myself...I'm exhausted lately.

I introduced a WW idea at our little meeting today...I suggested that everyone pick one habit this week that they were going to change. I think mine will be journaling. I know we don't NEED to on Core, but it'll be good for me, at least for a few weeks.

Okay, going now...
Angela

ontarget
08-30-2006, 02:52 PM
sounds like a great plan, vickie. enjoy every bite! here are more words of wisdom from my former ww leader. (not mine. i don't have much wisdom.) she said when there is something you really want, have it--and SIT DOWN AND EAT WITH DIGNITY. i've thought of those words many many times. she's right. we deserve to enjoy our choices and shouldn't feel any negative thoughts about doing so.

okay, i can't remember anything else. i'll go do some surfing. see ya'll later.

ontarget
08-30-2006, 02:57 PM
i'm already back. actually, i never left. :lol:

vickie, the lo veggies, etc... was the better choice because it was quicker and lower in points. also, curtis said he didn't really care what i cooked for lunch today, so i'm saving the enchiladas for a another time.

angela, you have a lot of good information to share with the ladies in your group. they are lucky to have you. it will help you, too, to be helping them. this makes me smile.

Vickie
08-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Angela, I'm glad that your weight issues are under control. But, I'm very sorry to hear that the sinus stuff is still raging. I'm guessing that surgery is rapidly becoming your only option? Your girls are lucky. You seem like a great Mom. The group sounds like an incredibly great idea. I'm sure you'll be a success. I always thought you'd make an excellent WW Leader. This will help you keep your eating in the forefront of your mind.

Sandra, so you WERE a good girl! I thought so.

I'm off to make a smoothie. I need another milk and I'm hungry. TOM is demanding the Chocolate Frosty one.

Froufy
08-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Another dramatic day for me - yes I would love a boring uneventful one for a while!

Big crises again due to database problems - seems the 30 min timeout session is a standard IT security measure - so I ask for 60 minutes and all **** breaks loose - (like Oliver saying "may I have some more please") - well it's never been done - and you need all these approvals - so I say fine - let's do it - yes my IT guy is again calling me a 'pit bull" - how cute!

Worst news is due to the technical problems we have decided to SHUT DOWN THE DATABASE - I am so sick about this (you'd think this was my baby or something?) - so there is now a 'sorry we are experience technical difficulties' message on the application form link! How sad is that? I actually turned the lights off in my office (using ambient light from upper windows) as I was getting so agitated - I find the low light much more calming and I am trying to keep things in perspective.

Still trying to manage the two jobs - and at the same time trying to write up the job requirements so we can post on our internal gov site for jobs - sure hope someone turns up - altho it's almost too late - I need someone yesterday (yes I even screwed up stamping something on an invoice - I did it upside down - but it sure came out well!)

Trying not to stress eat (but I would sure like one of those kosher dogs Vickie w/mustard and onions - my mouth is watering!). Someone around work is offering dq ice cream cake - colleague comes around saying' listen the cake is calling your name - come eat me' - I say no I hear it saying 'don't eat me cuz you won't be able to fit into your cruise clothes" - ha ha ha.

Angela - hope the sinus issue clears up for you (pun intended!) - when is your appt w/specialist?

Vickie/Sandra - I agree with the 'sit down and eat w/dignity' - too many times we sneak things into our mouths and then feel guilty about it and this is not good. I say have the kosher dog and ENJOY IT!

...and I would love nothing more than a meal from the garden - how lovely that must be!

Okay now we have diagnosed the 'other' database problem - seems applicants are writing WAY TOO MUCH into the text boxes - we obviously thought we gave ample space (e.g. 1000 characters) but some respondents using over 3000 characters - so now we need to fix it. Good news is we did get the 60 minute timeout approval - how hard was that?

I am trying to destress and take deep breaths - I can't believe how much this is affecting me? It's only a job right?

Am I ready to cruise? you betcha - 10 days til I leave YIPPEE:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Frouf

ontarget
08-30-2006, 05:11 PM
frouf, those 10 days will be over quickly. i'm envious of your going. lunch was from somebody else's garden. my old garden is now a rose garden. i just buy what we need. are you going to the gym tonight?

Tejas
08-30-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm awake now! Actually, I skipped the Pilates class and slept so that I could work this afternoon. I'll just have to get some exercise points with WATP or the WW aerobics DVD tonight.

I had eaten about 1/2 of my day's ration by 9 AM so it was good to sleep a while. I still haven't mastered eating while sleeping! I have managed to eat fruit and veggies most of today and will have a small and lean ham steak for dinner. I should be OK with the food by the end of the day.

My WI is tomorrow evening. I really, really hope I can report a few pounds gone.

Oh, I went with my ex-husband's niece to a thrift store to buy her 5- year- old some school clothes. Got those for her and also got two pairs of crop pants that had better fit me for the cruise...paid only $9. each for high- end, never- worn clothes. The "rag trade" is a really murky place but I did get a real bargain.

ontarget
08-30-2006, 05:44 PM
rhonda, sounds like you got some good bargains. i'm having a hard day eatingwise today, too. i'm going to w a in a sec mainly to get away from the kitchen. so far i'm all right. i just don't want to use wpa's today. my wi is fri am.

i'm sending you :;) :;) :;) for yours tomorrow. hang in there. just think how cute those crop pants will look on you.

Katpo
08-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Evening, all. I just got home from work and am pretty tired after the 14 hour day. I wish I had an easier life, but I don't. So there. I have to deal with it.

I got home and there were dishes all over the place, and Judd was sitting in the chair watching TV. I told him anytime he felt like helping out, to feel free. He said no thanks. Sigh ... and so I did the dishes (actually it's two loads, so the first is washing now).

My sore throat has gone from being on only one side to being all over the whole area. I'm a little hoarse and it hurts to talk, so goody for them. They won't have to hear me gripe about nobody helping me here.

And that's all I have to say about THAT.

Froufy
08-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Kathy - can you take something for your throat and maybe get to bed early? Trust me the dishes/laundry/mess will still be there tomorrow (I have vast experience with this phenomenon). I have these anti-bacterial lozenges (ovc from drugstore - Dequadin) and I find if I pop them at the first sign of pain they do help (of course if it's a virus and not bacterial it doesn't work but I do always try!).

Perhaps 'telling' Judd to help out instead of 'asking' him would be more appropriate? Sorry you had such a long day!

Rhonda - good luck with your WI tomorrow - hope you can share some fabulous news with us. And congrats on finding those bargain capris!

Sandra - no I did not go to the gym - altho I should have - stayed at work til 6 pm to finish up some stuff I obviously could not attend to today - and too ate so I went home and ate too much (as usual).

And I just realized our first week of challenge is over? Must go check out the results - hope everyone is hanging in there.

I really need to get back to the gym esp given all of my recent stresses - I know it would be good for me.

And kids now whining for money! Such spoiled ones I have. Big ds wants clothes shopping $$ to go to watertown/syracus with his dad and sister. I already have about $150 US for her and nothing for him alas - still trying to get together around $400 for his books which he will need next week - he just doesn't get it when I say I have no money right now (payday next wed) - like I'm supposed to have a printing press in the basement and just go print up some money whenever they need it?

And dd now 'building' her new dresser in den - what a feat that was. First a lot of whining, complaining, inability to handle a screwdriver - her room is a disaster as her old drawers have literally collapsed - bought 2 new dressers from Ikea which need to be constructed. And she's on the computer and phone chatting it up w/her friends. I DON'T THINK SO!

Got her off and to work - after 30 mins of 'I can't do this" and "I don't know how to hold a hammer" - but once she realized we were serious she did put a little more effort and elbow grease into it and is finally almost finished first dresser - like pulling teeth for goodness sake - and this is for HER OWN ROOM!

Almost time for bed right?

Frouf

septembersgoal
08-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Gals I'm pooped. Just checking in to say hi and let you know I'm still out here.

Kathy, I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well. I wish I could give Judd a swift kick in the butt for you.
I'm on vistaprint now, thanks for the reminder about it.

Good night friends!

ontarget
08-31-2006, 01:46 AM
i'm just checking in tonight, too. i had a great time at w a. when i got home, i had a high point dinner, but i don't think that's bad cuz of all the exercise. i may do a little extra exercise tomorrow. we'll see.

Vickie
08-31-2006, 10:00 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I had an icky night of sleep here. Humidity is not my friend. Normally the air conditioning is on when it's humid here. It's not been going over 72 degrees here for the last two days. The humidity last night was 81%. Not quite Florida, but still too much for my allergies. Oh well. I'll also be closing my pool soon since the 15 day forecast doesn't predict anything over 78 degrees. It was certainly a short season this year. I had hoped for more pool exercise. Now it's just me and my treadmill!

On a happier note, my scale is moving downward. I don't wish to reveal the details, since we know A LOT can change between now and next Sunday or Tuesday when I weigh in. I'm almost reluctant to eat that darned kosher today. I'm sure I'll get over my reluctance in about 4 hours.

It seems like the board was quiet last night. I was watching the White Sox come back for an exciting win over Tampa Bay. I'll be hoping to see a sweep today!

Vickie
08-31-2006, 10:11 AM
Frouf, we could SO hang out together and have fun! If I can't find sauerkraut then mustard and onions are my backup toppings for my kosher. You definitely need to get to the gym. Not only will it help with weight loss but it will help with stress reduction. I've learned that if you don't MAKE time for yourself it will not happen! Schedule yourself at the gym and let everything else happen or not around you. I hope your database is up and running well this morning.

Rhonda, you sound like you had a great eating day yesterday! Good luck at your weigh in tonight. I read your profile and it makes me smile that we have such a diverse group of women here all struggling toward the same goal. I love it because there is just support; no sniping or nastiness. You are going to love it here!

Kathy, my ear/throat feel about the same. I'm sorry yours is worse and may even require a trip to the Doctor. I hope you are feeling better this morning. Stop doing everything at home. They'll get the picture.

Sandra, I know you'll recover from your big meal last night. I'm sure your metabolism was revved. Now the only question is wether you stayed up long enough to digest! :D

Ok, I'm off to have breakfast and shower for my game. I'm sure I won't be back until very very late tonight. Jim and I are going out for dinner tonight when we get home. I'll be having something very healthy.

Have a great on program day!

Vickie
08-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Hey Stacey....I forgot to say thank you for beating Detroit. You came SO close to winning both games. Let's win that one today, ok?

Tejas
08-31-2006, 11:06 AM
Good morning all:

There's a new study indicating that people who drink fruit or vegetable juice everyday have much lower incidence of Alzheimer's. I realize that juice is not core, but it's just one more reason to eat those fruits and veggies...the secret is in the skin it seems. I suppose everyone knows that blueberries (a cup a day, I've read) are also supposed to be protective.

Rose...I live near Coxwell and Danforth...are we in the same area?

p.a.
08-31-2006, 11:07 AM
Morning chicks,,,Im quickly posting this and then heading out the door..off to visit my dds. I was out of town on monday and tuesday for work and now we are gone till wednesday. Be good while Im gone and behave!! haha
ttyl

ontarget
08-31-2006, 01:35 PM
good morning, chickies. i just finished putting the enchiladas together and they are baking. i did not make them ww friendly; however, i am also baking me a lean cuisine enchilada dinner. yesterday i wayyyy overdid my wap's. i used 12. that wouldn't be so bad except i wi tomorrow am. i'm afraid i may have a gain. we'll find out tomorrow. i guess i needed a splurge. this may be "write off" week, but next week will be better. i'm already more focused.

vickie, congratulations, girl!! are you thinking of changing your wi to tuesday instead of sunday? come to think of it, i thought your wi was on monday. guess i'm confused. i strongly suggest you eat the kosher. just keep in control. you're a strong chickie. you can do it. enjoy yourself. (just realized you're already at the game.)

vickie and kathy, i'm sorry you girls aren't feeling well.

rhonda, thank you for the heads up on fruits/veggies. i need all the help i can get to keep this brain working. rose may already be gone to the lake. she'll be back monday or tuesday.

patti, have a fun, safe trip. we'll see you when you're back.

Froufy
08-31-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi chickies,

Back at work in my dimmed office (no lights on again today) as I had a headache this morning which, after 2 advil, is finally showing signs of dissipating.

Okay everyone - Patti's gone now - we can jump on the beds, and even have a food fight (all core of course teehee) - she'll never know we were misbehaving!!! ha ha ha

Sandra - the enchiladas smell marvelous - hope they were yummy....and I don't think that one wpa blip will greatly affect your WI - good luck.

Vickie - ya I know - thanks' for the 'reminder' - I need to get myself to the gym but everyday I find another excuse - what's up with that? I have turned into a lazy froufie (at least I am taking the stairs at work?).

Kathy - how are you feeling today? Hope you got some good rest and get fight off whatever 'nasties' you have!

I still have this pressure on neck/head which is not nice - wish I could go home and go to bed. Ya - what a joke that is!

My database is 'hibernating' now as they try to fix it - I shall have to go into 'pit bull' mode and get them cracking! My manager will freak when she gets in on Tuesday - I am SO HAPPY that I am going on vacation soon - boy do I need it.

And Big ds still hounding me for money - you would think a 20 yr old would be somewhat sympathetic and understanding instead of wondering why his sister just got new furniture, and dance lessons, and spending $$ for her trip - what a big baby - he makes me so angry (now telling me maybe his dad will advance me the $$ - ya like I want a loan from my ex!).

DH also panicking as I fret about our finances - yes dear maybe time to check out the want ads? He knows he has a few more months to work on his 'project' then he better start bringing home some additional $$$. I am so mean right?

Thank goodness for long weekend coming up - I can get final items (still NO BLACK BRA!) and start organizing and packing my stuff! I think we are getting leftover bad weather from Hurricane Ernesto as they are now predicting rain for sat and sunday - but monday supposed to be nice!

....as donna summers says "I shall survive!".........

Frouf

ontarget
08-31-2006, 04:19 PM
frouf, check out the bra sale at just my size. here's the website:http://www.jms.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ExecMacro/new_search.d2w/report?searchtext=black+bra&CurParent=&session=3274304&wtqty=68&mn=D

Katpo
08-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey, tootsies! I'm home now but have to leave because just before Judd left to go riding his bike, he said we're out of dog food. So ... I'm off to the store.

It was a rough day.

septembersgoal
08-31-2006, 07:47 PM
:hug:

Tejas
08-31-2006, 08:09 PM
AWRIGHT...I lost 1.8 pounds..that calls for a dancing carrot icon. Let's see if I can do it :carrot:

I had really hoped for more, but I'm celebrating....not too much, just enough. But, oh my goodness, I want those enchiladas Sandra cooked for us all.

Actually, tomorrow we're going to try out a new up-scale Mexican restaurant...of course, "up scale" and "Mexican" don't go together for most Texans but it's so difficult to get good Mexican food here that we're willing to try almost anything.

ontarget
08-31-2006, 08:38 PM
kathy, i hope tomorrow's a better day for you.

rhonda, congratulations!!! that's a great loss. you are on your way. :dance: (i don't have a clue what this is dancing, but i think it's cute.) i didn't eat any of those enchiladas either. i had a lean cuisine one instead. that way i knew exactly how many pts.

Katpo
08-31-2006, 08:44 PM
No, Rhonda ... I can believe upscale Mexican! For instance...

Blue Mesa (http://www.bluemesagrill.com/dinner1.html)
Abuelos (http://www.abuelos.com/)

It's not all El Chico anymore! :lol:

I have really had a rough couple of days. I am down and maintaining my 141, still eating pretty much all day, but feel just totally lost! I can't figure out why! Maybe I'm subconsciously wanting to gain so that I can get back in the losing mode! :lol: Who knows?

So even though I'm technically "there", I still feel odd. I really must sit down and examine these feelings thoroughly so that I understand them. My WW goal was 145 which was passed long ago, but my personal goal is 135 and I can't seem to get there for some reason.

Tejas
08-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Oh sure, Kathy...I know those places but I bet they serve free chips and salsa. This new place is proud of the fact that it doesn't!!! Which is good, isn't it. Last I checked those chips are just NO NO's regardless of how much exercise you might do! Nothing "core" about them!

I'm interested to hear about your feeling "lost." Not to diminish your feelings but I'll be glad to get to that point!!!

Vickie
08-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey Chicks! I'm home and TIRED. We lost the game in extra innings. I'm sad. I had my Kosher and it was fabulous. We left at 11:15 and didn't get home until 5:50. We were home for 10 minutes and left for dinner. We didn't get home from dinner until 8:00. Lordy...it was a long day.

Stacey, great job today by the Yankees. Too bad we didn't do our job. BTW, I guess I'm a Yankee fan for at least 3 more games. I hear that you'll be playing Minnesota next. We may be fighting them for the wild card. Will you see what you can do to get them off our tails? Thanks in advance!

I'll be back in the morning to catch up.

Katpo
08-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Rhonda, Blue Mesa has sweet potato chips. I consider that to be Core ... sorta like the Terra Chips. Do you have Terra Chips in your area? Anyway, you should try to swing by Blue Mesa when you're here. There's one in Fort Worth on University just south of I-20 (near the zoo) and then there's one in Southlake (actually Grapevine, but on the line). It is very, VERY good. We had our rehearsal dinner there and they did a great job considering we had a little over 100 people to feed.

Vickie, glad you enjoyed the game! I'm going this weekend, and it'll probably be my last. I usually go to at least 10-12 games per season and this year I've only been to 4. Not good! Of course, I've watched them all on TV, but it's just not the same.

Oh and Rhonda, I'm still studying the psychology of why I feel lost. It seems as though I purposely sabotage myself just to stay in the "losing" mode. I really must figure this out soon.

Judd and his friend went to ride their mountain bikes tonight, and when they were done they called me to meet them at a seafood restaurant on the lake. I just got back; only had a little to eat and brought the rest of it home. I'm sure someone will eat it. Tomorrow I'll try to stick very close to the plan and also drink a lot of water. I think I have a lot of "ick" to flush out.

Vickie
09-01-2006, 04:12 AM
Good too early morning Chicks!

I think I tried to go to bed too soon after inhaling a big spicy and garlicky meal. I let myself get over hungry. That, the spicy food, and my hormones have conspired to make it NOT a good sleep. You know they tell us old girlies to give up the spicy food, but I love it so! Anyway...here I sit with my tummy aching. Thank God that I have nothing on my schedule today and I do not have to work. I had thoughts of starting to clean my house. That might have just gone out the window.

I'm going to see what you were all up to last night.

Vickie
09-01-2006, 04:34 AM
Rhonda, do you know who did the study on Alzheimer's or do you have a link to the article? Mom died of Alzheimer's and my Sister and I are pretty rabid about doing whatever is in our control to avoid getting it. Was one kind of fruit or juice better than another? I guess I'll have to risk the bugs in the blueberries again? You probably don't know but I found a huge bug in my blueberries after I had been eating them for a while. I only wash what I'm using....usually. I won't be doing that again! But, more importantly, :bravo: on your 1.8 pound loss. I was disappointed with my loss too but if we lose that every week.....well it would be grand! Keep up the great work! :cp: :cp: :cp:

Patti, safe trip! Enjoy your DD's. I know you miss them a lot. I'll behave but you know the rest of them are just always out of control! ;)

Ohhh Sandra, WW used to make an enchilada suize that I loved. It was very spicy and good. I wonder if they still make it. It probably is nearly Core and wouldn't be bad for a rare emergency. Hmmm.....I just realized that maybe my tummy is sick from the kosher. It's not used to having that kind of food in it. I hope you still lose today. My Leader says that we need to learn to minimize the damage and only lose control for a meal or a day and not go on a slide. It sounds like you are getting better at that. I'm trying and doing pretty well to....now at least! Here's some blinks for good luck ;) ;) ;) . I'm hoping that you won't need them. I'm not changing my weigh in day. It will still be Monday's but I can't go this Monday because it's Labor Day and my Center won't be open.

Frouf, I've lost exercise momentum myself because of my darned ankle. Sadly, it's still not ready yet which is why I'm thinking about cleaning. At least I'll be moving. I hope you did not go into a full blown migraine. I hope to never have another one of those again. So where exactly will you be on your cruise? It will be so much fun for you to pack and go enjoy yourself!

Kath, I think maybe once we all get to goal we will spend a lot of time in losing mode. I think that's just the reality of maintenance. Maybe trying to get to 135 is what is keeping you from going over 145. If that's what works for you then keep doing it. It's just too bad that you aren't enjoying 145 a bit more ;) :D! Just exactly what is the "ick" you need to flush out. Nevermind....I better not know. The thought of "ick" is upsetting my already upset tummy even more. :p I think I have "ick" too! :o

Well you all weren't very talkative yesterday. Perhaps this holiday weekend will be chattier.

What do you all have planned? We have nothing after Wicked tomorrow. Oh I am SO looking forward to that!

Vickie
09-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Sandra, I just posted a Core enchilada casserole recipe in our recipe thread. I'm not sure how it compares to the real thing since it uses polenta versus tortilla but it might be a nice compromise.

Vickie
09-01-2006, 07:32 AM
Ok...fine...so no one is here for me to talk to. I'm going to go eat my breakfast and try to start watching season three of 24. I'm supposed to be cleaning house but I don't want to.

Vickie
09-01-2006, 07:33 AM
BTW, my scale is up 1.2 pounds over yesterday. Darned salty kosher. I've got to pound water today! No way I ate that many calories.

Tejas
09-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Good Morning All:

OK, Blue Mesa it is going to be when we travel back to Texas!

The Alzheimers study was published in The American Journal of Medicine. I don't have the exact reference or link. I just got the abstract on a listserv that I'm on. I haven't checked Google but it might be there. The abstract was published and copyrighted by Agence France Presse. Perhaps they have a website.

It was conducted by professor Qi Dai of Vanderbilt University (Tennessee). They report that the active ingredient is thought to be the polyphenols, the antioxidants in juice, tea and wine. I am wondering if you wouldn't get the same benefits from eating the vegetables and fruits in their unprocessed state...raw, in other words. I've written to a friend of mine who might know and I'll report back.

Have a good day everyone. I off to Pilates and then to the new restaurant later for lunch.

PTAPrez238
09-01-2006, 08:49 AM
good morning chickies,
In reading posts I realized I wasn't here yesterday. Come to think of it I pretty much wasn't anywhere. Work was lousy. Yesterday was one of those days I wish I didn't work for my brother. What is it with men, why are they so clueless to what's going on around them? Everyone was bit--ing and moaning about him and I just sit there listening depressed.

Then I spent my whole day after work as a cab service to my older DD and my DH. I wish his bike hadn't been stolen so I didn't have to get him to the train at 6:30 am and pick him up at 6:45 pm. I went shopping after work, stocked up on some core items including whole wheat egg noodles. As soon as I got back in the car, Nikki calls and asks if I can pick her up at the mall. Sure, no problem, I love my daughter. Drop the groceries, grab little DD and head to the mall. Come home. Sit for 3 minutes when Nikki says could you take me to my friends house? Sure, I love my daughter. DH calls to say he missed first 2 trains because he left his wallet at work and had to go back and won't be at the station until 7:35. No problem, I'll drop Nikki and sit at the station for 30 minutes waiting for you. Shockingly, he couldn't understand why I didn't want to cook dinner when I got home. Ahhhhhhhh, I feel so much better getting that out. Thank you all for being here. It does help alot. Even after that, I ate really well and only used 5 points.

Vickie, Go Yankees!!!! A-rod is coming out of his slump. Boston is sinking deeper into a hole and all is right in the world. If we're up against you in the playoffs I promise to be kind.

Rhonda, way to go! It doesn't matter how much just as long as its down. Even at my best, I usually only lose .4 to .8 a week.

Anyway, I guess I should do some work. Maybe we'll get out alittle early. I want to go to the craft store. The junior attorney in the office and his wife found out yesterday they are having a girl in January. I have alot of blankets, hats and sweaters to make. See ya all later. :comp:

Katpo
09-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Vickie, I hope you feel better by now! At least you have a really good day and meal to blame your tummy troubles on!

And you are so right. Maintenance is 10 times harder than losing was, in my opinion. I lost it fairly quickly; I think the first 15 were in the first month. Of course, it was gained mostly by inactivity (first broken foot in 2003), steroids and anti-inflammatories. When I got out of the cast, out of the wheelchair, could move my butt again, and could stop taking those meds, it started coming off in a hurry. I know my body probably wants to be here in the low 140s, but *I* want it to be in the mid 130s, and I'm in charge, so I will win.

My "ick" was actually just fried popcorn shrimp. I got it from the appetizer menu, only ate about half and took the rest home, but I still felt a little ick. It seems as though it doesn't take anything at all to throw my body off-track. For the last 3-4 days, my morning weight has been 141. This morning it was 144.8! Now, no way on EARTH did I eat 13,000-14,000 (yes, THOUSAND) calories extra, so I know that's not 3 or 4 pounds of actual fat, but it should not be on my scale! Period. End of story. I am so salt sensitive too and hate it! And now my goal for the next 3 days will to be to get back to 141 or hopefully below, so that on Monday when the 2x2 challenge is over, I will have had my 4 pound loss. I know we were shooting for 2 over the 2 weeks, but I started 2 up so have to lose 4 to report 2 gone. Clear as mud? :lol:

I'm only working 9 hours today -- I've got things to do tonight and just don't want to sit here for the usual 10-11, although there's plenty of work that I need to be doing.

Stacey, it sounds like buying your DH another bike would be cheaper than you driving back and forth to the bus station! Maybe not, but good Lord, that was a whole lot of taxi driving. If you're like me, the last thing I want to do after working all day is run everybody else around town. It's hard enough getting the cooking and cleaning and laundry and housework done each night in the few hours after work -- throw some taxi driving in there and the evening is shot!

Okay, gotta get busy now. It's a new month and I didn't get my monthly journal bound, so I have to go to Kinkos after work. They'll do the spiral (coil) binding for about $4. I'm putting two months together. This is my new cover. I used to make the cover from cardstock (like the one I sent you, Sandra) but now I have these very cute, shiny, professional covers! In with their free stuff sale, Vistaprint had large postcards that you could design. They are 8-1/2"x5-1/2", exactly the size of a half sheet of paper, so I made my journal pages, cut them in half, and then will use these for the cover. There were 50 per order, so I'll have them for quite a while. I thought they were pretty darn cute.

Vickie
09-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Rhonda, I hope you find the information. I'm interested!

Stacey, I understand! Jim and I used to work together for over 10 years. That was hard sometimes too. He was the Technical Advisor and I was a Manager. I used to have to hear my employees complaint that he over ruled them and made them do things his way. Sigh. If you agree with your Brother, you are family sticking together. If you disagree with your Brother, you're disloyal. You can't win. As far as baseball goes, I'm hoping we get the chance to play the Yanks. Things aren't looking really great right now. We'll take our chances then!

Kathy, nice journal covers! I never had the chance to go to that site. They were really free? I just don't get it. Will you let me know the next time they have it? You'll get the weight off. I know you!

Katpo
09-01-2006, 10:29 AM
They still have the free stuff, it was extended and now ends Sept. 30. You just pay the shipping.

Vickie
09-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Can I say again that I don't understand how they can make this offer? Momma always taught me that there's no such thing as free.

Where on earth is everyone?

Ok, I've decided to have an oatmeal/cottage cheese pancake. Jim is out hunting and gathering for dinner. We now know what we are having. I'm off to update my menu. My LONELY menu.

Katpo
09-01-2006, 12:54 PM
I don't know! I also wondered, but have placed several orders, was charged the correct amount, got them and everything looked good. I have ordered from them for years and have never been disappointed. I imagine it has something to do with free advertising, or maybe they have a lot of stock that they need to get rid of toward the end of the year? Whichever it is, I've gotten these sets (notepads, note cards, return address labels, etc.) to add to Christmas gifts for the three nieces, two SILs, MIL, my mom, my girls, and some for myself of course. I even found some coordinating tote bags at Walgreens that will go with some of them.

Happy pancaking!

Vickie
09-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Hey, Kath, I hate to be dumb but I've looked all over the site and don't see the special offer or a section with free stuff. Any hints on navigating the special on the website?

Katpo
09-01-2006, 01:09 PM
There's a "specials" link at the top of the page. But here, try this one:

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/free.aspx?xnav=marquee

Froufy
09-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Here I am again sitting in my 'darkened' office waiting for the LONG WEEKEND TO BEGIN!! Finished up some contract work - procrastinating on another piece which requires me going to another computer for Adobe writer - wish me luck!

No good news on database yet so it's still down for the count.

Vickie - sounds like the Kosher was good (at the time?) but something sure upset your tummy - hope all is resolved by now! Water is definitely the answer so keep chugging.

Kathy - hope the 9 hour days are over soon? Love the journal cover by the way - very chic!

Rhonda - congrats on the fabulous 1.8 lb loss - I think you deserve more than one dancing carrot!!!

Stacey - yes I too am a glorified chauffeur - and I do sometimes say no if I am feeling abused (both kids have bus passes and most everything is very close by - altho I will drive dd if it's late/dark).

DD supposedly at home doing laundry and getting ready for weekend away -dd still begging for $$ from me or his dad so he can go along and buy something (he doesn't want to go with them unless he too can go shoppping - and he's a guy for goodness sake!). At least it's down to $100 from the original $300 request!! :D

Dh had a bad night and I have not heard from him which leads me to believe he has been napping most of the day? I assume little ds is having fun w/siblings or biking outside (which he loves!).

Vickie - we are heading to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten - and I am getting so excited I could burst.

In Nassau we are doing the thriller boat ride - take a look at this!: http://www.thrillerboat.com/bahamas/powerboat_video.html

In St. Thomas - we are heading over by ferry to St. John where the beaches are even more beautiful ( http://www.vinow.com/stjohn/beaches_stj/) - for some great views and snorkelling. And on St. Martin we have hired a private tour guide (http://www.joyceprince.com/) who will drive us around - 3 hour tour with many stops then a 2 hour visit to Orient Beach (no, not the nude side!) for swimming/snorkelling and gf might go parasailing!

I am going to PM you over the weekend with some details - just in case we get stuck in Chicago either way!

I still need that black bra - and I am also thinking of getting a cheapie water resistant watch I can swim/snorkel with. I have a whole menagerie of watches I am bringing but if I go swimming I will have to leave watch in my bag on the beach and I don't like doing that (all my important stuff is in my beach safe around my neck!), so may look for something cute (and pink) to swim with!

And I am really panicked about packing and weight limitations - I am very known for overpacking and I know I can't fit everything into one suitcase - as it will definitely be over the 50 lb limit - so need to get two bags from basement and start working on my packing strategy!...then the carryon comes out and I start organizing that w/imp papers, gum, headphones, book, makeup, etc I get tired just thinking about it!

So anyone doing anything more exciting this weekend?? :D

Frouf

Katpo
09-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Hehe! Frouf, nine hours is our minimum we have to do per day because of our 9/80 schedule. I usually work 10-11. Getting BACK to 9 would be an improvement!

And hey, be careful on those three-hour tours! (Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip. That started from this tropic port, aboard this tiny ship...)

Froufy
09-01-2006, 03:14 PM
No kidding Kathy - there are some 'yahoos' who are actually talking about renting a dinghy and 'driving/floating' around the island of St. John! Talk about a 'fateful trip' - ya so there is some undertow - and you're in the middle of the ocean (what are people thinking???)

Vickie - here is the info Rhonda referred to (just got it thru on internal media updates):

Drinking juice lowers Alzheimer's risk: People who drink three or more servings each week have a higher level of beneficial antioxidant called polyphenols

OTTAWA -- People who drink three or more servings of juice each week have a 76-per-cent lower risk of developing Alzheimer's than those who only drink juice less than once a week, according to research released Thursday.

The study -- conducted by Dr. Qi Dai, assistant professor of medicine at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center and his colleagues -- will be published in the September issue of The American Journal of Medicine.

The team collected information on how much fruit and vegetable juice was consumed by 1,836 dementia-free people over the age of 65 in the Seattle area. They measured their cognitive functions every two years for about a decade.
All of the participants were Japanese in origin because of the low rate of the disease among the that population. However, Dai said Japanese people living in North America have a greater incidence of Alzheimer's than those still living in Japan because of changes to lifestyle and diet.

Dai said researchers first thought that high intakes of antioxidant vitamins such as vitamins C, E and carotene might help protect against the disease, but he sought to study the role that another type of antioxidant, called polyphenols play in reducing risk.

Polyphenols are found in teas, juices and wines and are rich in the skins and peels of fruit and vegetables. The levels of polyphenols were measured in blood samples taken from the participants of the study.

"In our daily diet, polyphenol is the major antioxidant. We wanted to see if it plays the role in reducing Alzheimer's disease, not antioxidant vitamins," he said.
The study does not determine what kinds of juices, or in what combinations, they benefit people the most. Dai said he and his colleagues want to study that next. The study would also look at the best way to prepare fruits and vegetables for optimal results.

"If you're peeling an apple the majority of polyphenol just goes away but as a juice it's rich in it," he said. "We want to study which compounds and which juice may be more important."

Factors such as smoking, activity levels and fat intake were also taken into account in the study. Although it is unknown which juices work best, Dai said he suspects that the juices from apples, grapes and onions work best.
Similar studies point to the polyphenol levels in red wine playing a significant role in reducing the risk of dementia, if consumed in moderate levels.
----------------------------------------

Is it time to go home yet???

Frouf

septembersgoal
09-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Kathy, I see the stuff when I use your link, but when I try to order they're not free. Any ideas? Do I need a code or something? Thanks!! :hug:

Tejas
09-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi All:

Well, I have to spend HOURS on the :tread: because I was very, very bad :devil: today at the new restaurant..and loved every morsel.

Thanks for posting the article about the juices. I heard from my colleague whom I asked about raw foods instead of the juices. He said he has the same question. We joked that maybe it's an effect that people who own blenders (for making juice) are just healthier people!

We have to go to a wedding tomorrow for some young people I know so I'll see what's the "in" thing to do at weddings. My, my, I hope we don't have to do the chicken dance or the limbo!! I'll have to be careful with the reception food because, believe me, I don't have one free point for anything this week that is not core.

I looked at the sites you posted Frouf....wow! Those beaches looked spectacular. The private tour sounds great too. I had the opportunity to have a private tour of Jamaica once and it was the best part of the entire trip. So, I hope yours is delightful. How about packing, then taking half the stuff out because you won't need it? ;)
Take care all.

septembersgoal
09-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi friends,
So sorry (again) that I am so behind. I'm really missing you guys.
Things are super busy for me between work, the new business, and getting this house in order. I'm having a "show" here next Thursday (it's not a real show, it's more like a practice show!) so I'm trying to get things done around here. That's what we'll be working on this weekend.
We have a few things planned with family this weekend (family reunion, dinner, etc.) but other than that we will probably just spend time working on the house. I'm looking forward to it.
It's so nice here right now we have the windows open. I think the high was in the low 70's here today, grey and dreary but almost chilly. I'm loving it (sorry Kathy).
I'll have to catch up with you all tomorrow. Kathy I'm going to call VistaPrint and ask them why the free products don't work for me. The only thing I can think of is that you are a preferred customer or something? I'll find out. :)

Oh btw Sandra, I mailed your stuff today. :D

septembersgoal
09-01-2006, 08:04 PM
OK, here's the scoop:
I called VistaPrint Customer Care and they were very, very helpful. They couldn't find the special you posted Kathy (who knows why) but they gave me another expired offer that is very similar. They were really nice and definitely have my business now. Thanks! :D

Katpo
09-01-2006, 08:23 PM
There are several methods, but calling them was a good idea. I go thru UPromise (http://www.upromise.com), which is a site that you can add to a college account for a future student my linking your Kroger card, Mobil gas card, etc. They also have online shopping.

I also go thru MyPoints (http://www.mypoints.com) as sometimes I can get reward points for it. If you aren't a MyPoints member, you should sign up. They send emails and you get 5 points per, and also there is online shopping and if you go thru them for some deals, you can get hundreds and sometimes thousands of points. I redeem them for restaurant gift cards.

And finally, there are sites like Current Codes (http://www.currentcodes.com) where if you shop thru their links, you can get the good deals. There are a whole lot of these sites. Here's the link you get when going thru current codes:

FREE STUFF (http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/free.aspx?AID=10401537&PID=457732&GP=9%2F1%2F2006+8%3A17%3A09+PM)

I hope this works for you. I placed a few more orders today.

And now for the day ... I went over to the restaurant/bar that is adjacent to our office after work as Judd and his friend (and a few more people) were there. We stayed for an hour or so ... now are home and he's mowing the yard because rain is predicted for the weekend and people are coming over Sunday. He wants to make sure it gets mowed in case he can't do it between now and then. Tomorrow he'll go bike riding in the morning; I'll go to Home Depot to buy flowers so I can replace all of them in the back patio pots. The killer heat just did them in thoroughly. The rest of the day I will be clearing some wayward grass out of the front flowerbeds, cleaning and getting ready for Sunday. Sunday will be grilling out with the friends coming over, and Monday will be resting up from it all. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I will have to work 12 hour days in order to get 50 for the week. The 50 is because I have SO much work piled up with an upcoming deadline, and having the OT will also help with the trip to Chicago for Shaun's graduation.

And that's it for now. I hope everybody is doing well. Melissa, if you need any help with the Vistaprint, PM me with your phone number and I'll call you over the weekend. This is such a deal and I can't stop thinking of MORE and MORE people to buy for!

ontarget
09-01-2006, 08:51 PM
whew!!! i just slide in here after a long long day. i promise you i will never whine and complain that i'm afraid i won't have a loss again. (well, not till next time, anyway.) today at wi i lost 1.8 lbs. rhonda, again we're alike. i'm a happy camper right now.

after ww i came home. curtis and i left soon afterwards and just got back a few minutes ago. i won't do any w a today. i'm pooped. i might do some biking here tonight and go do my own w a tomorrow by myself. not sure yet.

kathy, i read somewhere once that we shouldn't set goals like, "i want to lose x number of lbs." doing so trains our subconscious into thinking that we should be losing weight. then when we've lost x number of lbs, our sub causes us to regain so we can continue "losing x number of lbs." am i making any sense here? what the author said was that we need to make our goal to "weigh" a certain number instead of it's being to lose x lbs. (i'm talking in circles here, aren't i?) anyway, this may be what's happening. what do you think?

blue mesa? do you mean south of i-30 instead of i-20?

rhonda, i heard that report on alzheimer's on the radio yesterday. i didn't hear who made the study, though. i want to go to blue mesa, too, when we get to texas. okay, now i'm thinking of you and wedding cake tomorrow, and i want some cake, too.

vickie, thanks for the blinks. they worked!! we had a lot of extra folks at ww today for wi since there's no monday class here either. hardly anyone stayed for the meeting, though. i'm glad i did. i need those talks. are you feeling better now? i hope so. i have made enchiladas that are more ww friendly. i just didn't this time. it's really easy to do. i'll post the recipe if anyone would like. it's not core, though. thanks for posting your recipe. i'll print it out.

frouf, i hope you find your bra soon. kathy's right. you may wind up on gilligan's island if you're not careful. maybe you need to take extra clothes. ginger always had oodles of clothes with her.

melissa, i'll be watching for the mailman. sounds like you're super busy. i'll let you know when i get everything up and running.

i guess ya'll can tell i zipped through the posts and made replies super quick tonight. sorry. i'll do better next time.

have a great weekend, chickies. i'll be back tomorrow to see if anyone's here. till then--night night.

septembersgoal
09-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks Kathy! I'm going to check out those links. The lady from vistaprint linked me to some good deals, so I'm stocking up for PC supplies. Much cheaper than buying their stuff. I'm also trying to think of people to give these to! They have such cute stuff. Back when Aaron and I worked at the church together we bought business cards from them since the church didn't have the $ to buy them. They were really nice quality.

Sandra, :bravo: gf! You're really going to make it aren't you? Great job!

septembersgoal
09-01-2006, 09:26 PM
I used MyPoints in college and it was great. I should pick that up again. It's so strange how I can get to your link but it won't let me purchase them for free. Well, I've got my own deal now, thankfully. The lady was so nice. I'm thinking what else I should get... :D

Vickie
09-01-2006, 09:51 PM
It won't let me add the labels that I wanted to my cart for free either. I have Upromise for Julianna/Ethan/Sarah but no free offer there either. Harumpf. Maybe I'll call them next week and see if I can get a sweet deal like Melissa. I'm off to watch 24. Jim said I made a great dinner and I'm all showered.

I have Wicked tomorrow so I'm not sure when I'll be online.

septembersgoal
09-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Have fun Vickie! They seemed very willing to work with me.

Katpo
09-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Okay, now I'm thoroughly ticked that I can see these things and you guys can't! Do you want me to order some things for you?? If we have to do it that way, I will certainly oblige!

It's right on their home page, the "specials" link. It lists all the free stuff and says it's good thru Sept. 30! WTH can I see it and you can't?

:tantrum:

Vickie
09-02-2006, 12:47 AM
I have a special link but it doesn't give me as much as your link did. I was going to get some labels and they aren't offerred on mine. They are only $5.99 so I don't mind.

aghiowa
09-02-2006, 02:05 AM
Hi all! It's late, late, late here, but I had to hop on and say Hi. Things are going well...we've got a busy holiday weekend planned.

My newly turned 3-year old has decided to regress with her potty training. Ugh. Oh well, she'll have to figure it out soon enough.

Later ladies,
Angela

Katpo
09-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Good morning! Angela, I'm sorry to hear about the potty training issue. I know you must really be frustrated about it! And good grief, girl -- you were up late!

I have a bajillion things to do today and really don't want to do any of it.

I logged out of Vistaprint just to see what everyone else sees and sure enough, not much free stuff there. I have no idea what I used to go thru but I think it was MyPoints in the beginning, like maybe thru one of the emails they send.

Guess I'll go see what I can start working on. If people are coming over tomorrow afternoon, I'll have to at least clean a little. We'll be on the back patio most of the time but they'll have to walk thru the house. Or I could hand out blindfolds at the front door. Hmmm ... :chin: Not a bad idea!

Mattandgabbysmom
09-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Good morning, not much going on here today. It is really windy from Ernesto, rain has not started yet, but I think the worse of it will be west of me, more upstate NY.
Going to check out what I missed, will be back in a bit.

Mattandgabbysmom
09-02-2006, 09:44 AM
kathy you crack me up, I loved the tale about the 3 hour tour:rofl:

Vickie
09-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I slept through the night which always delights me! It's 67 here now with a high of 75 degrees. I guess I should just close my pool and quit wasting the electricity on the filter. Tomorrow I'll pull the solar cover off and add chemicals and check the temperature. Once it starts getting so cold at night the pool can't come back up high enough to swim. My thoughts have moved to fall.

My weight has stabilized a bit but not being able to exercise this week is NOT good. I'm getting on the treadmill tomorrow morning....no matter what. I'll just go slow if I have to. Today will be hard for me from an eating point of view since I can't carry my salad dressing or margarine with me because of the play first. I'll have to do the best I can. We'll be gone so long today that the dog walkers are coming twice! Sigh....it'll cost me $30 before I even walk out of the door. At least I know my babies are taken care of.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Wicked again today. I make Jim nervous when I get ready at the last minute so I'm not going to stay on here for now. We need to leave at noon. I'm going to eat my breakfast in about 10 minutes and then go get showered and dressed. I'll come back to catch up before we leave if I can.

Katpo
09-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Vickie, I'm glad you're having fall. We hit 100 again yesterday. Today there is some rain forecast so we're all very glad about that. My $150 water bills really need to stop.

Enjoy Wicked!

Vickie
09-02-2006, 10:33 AM
I decided to order a rubber stamp from vistaprint since it was free and the labels weren't. It only cost me $5.25 for slowboat shipping. I'm not in a hurry. I just needed some plain labels for bills. I might even like the rubber stamp better....or should I say Jim might?

septembersgoal
09-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Kathy when I called I asked the lady if it would be a special promotion for only certain customers and she said I should be able to get it if it was being offered. But then she couldn't even find it in the system. Weird. But I'm happy, I'm planning on ordering lots of stuff. But my offer will only be good for a couple of days, so I'm trying to load up quickly! :)
Sorry it's so hot and dry there still. Here's some :rain: for you!

Vickie, I hope that you and Jim have an awesome time today! I'm so glad that you are doing something fun. And congrats on getting your weight "stabilized"--mine's all over the place. But then I'm not doing much to help it out, so that's what I get I suppose.

Angela, sorry to hear about dd...I've heard from others what a painful journey that can be! Good luck! Hope you have a fun weekend.

I've got to get to cleaning this house. My step-sister and her husband are in and I think they're coming to see the house tonight. It ought to be presentable, don't you think? ;)

Katpo
09-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Yes, I tend to go for "presentable" instead of "so clean that you can eat off of the floor". My goals are purely altruistic though; I don't want my guests to go home and feel bad about their own houses. :lol:

I just went to a store and saw a patio set that was marked 1/2 price. Normally $449 and it was $224, included a really big round table, four chairs with cushions. It is bronzed cast aluminum and has dragonflies set into the top. Hard to describe and I wish I could get a picture. Anyway when Judd comes home I am going to tell him we need to go get it. We have a rectangular table that is white with a glass top (I don't like the glass top, even though the patio is covered), and I don't like the chairs. We have 10 of them though, instead of the four that come with the table, so I'd have to buy at least four more extra chairs. They have some tan Adirondack chairs that are now $10 instead of $25; if I could find side tables to match I would get them. I have two groupings of "two chairs and a table between with a plant on it" ... so I would have to also replace that.

Sigh ... like I was needing something else to do this weekend! I have 24 hours before people start showing up and need to clean the carpet, sweep the tile and wood, dust and vacuum, buy food and water all inside plants. With more than 30 inside plants, and about half of them very large ones, it takes over an hour because some of them have to sit in the sink and drain for a while.

He's riding his bike but should be home very soon. Meanwhile, I'm getting back to my sweeping. I have about 1,500 sq. ft. of hard surface downstairs that collects dog hair like you wouldn't believe.

ontarget
09-02-2006, 02:46 PM
thanks, melissa. i am going to make it. i went to w a this am. i was a little worried since they are closed monday, so i added sat. i have to tell you--i feel great!

i'm lost. i don't have a clue what kathy can see that the rest of us can't.

sounds like everyone has a busy weekend ahead.

vickie, you're doing very very well. i like your idea of adding your exercise making it a little slower. i think the main thing is to move our bodies, don't you?

we're going to friends' tonight for tacos. afterwards we're going to do quite a bit of walking outdoors. they live on a mountainside and have some 3d tagets set up. we're taking bows and will be flinging arrows. should be fun.

have a great weekend, everyone.

Katpo
09-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Good catch, Sandra! Yes, south of I-30 on University. There's a very good shopping center there with Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Gap, Limited, B&BW ... and Blue Mesa. There's another in Dallas and now one in Grapevine, but the one in Fort Worth is where our rehearsal dinner was. They did an awesome job.

We went to Costco and bought things for the party tomorrow. We looked at a steam cleaner but decided to come home and check Consumer Reports; and have now decided just to spot clean for now. There are conflicting reviews but we can't wait to sort them out. We need to get it done tonight or in the morning. I have done all the sweeping and now just have to dust, vacuum, clean the downstairs bathroom and figure out the food. We bought chips, hamburger meat and buns, 2 cases of beer, already have a case of water and diet A&W, and then we also bought some tortilla-crusted tilapia, an herb topped cod, and some cheese ravioli. That's not for tomorrow, just for us. Then soap, vitamins, a few pair of reading glasses ... and it added up to a little over $200. Holy cow!

I'm making hamburgers and hot dogs, guacamole, and potato salad. The other people will bring a dessert and beans, and whatever they want their kids to have (if the kids don't like what we're having). If we don't have it, we'll either do without or go get it at the last minute.

Oh and I think my brother, SIL and the baby might be coming over tonight. They called a little while ago saying they were going out to Walmart (from Alvarado, they have to come to Mansfield to go to the store) and so while they're here, they will probably drop by. Judd hasn't seen the baby, and never got to see the older one either but I guess now he won't.

Gotta go.

ontarget
09-02-2006, 06:47 PM
kathy, sounds like a lot of fun at your house. enjoy every minute of your company. i love those tortilla crusted tilapias. i have some in the freezer now.

Froufy
09-02-2006, 08:40 PM
So what time's the party Kathy? :D:D

Vickie - I would so love to see Wicked - I think it's playing in Toronto now - but don't want to spend the $$$ to go see it there!

Angela - hope the very-grown-up 3 yr old has gotten beyond the regression and back on track! Good luck - I too know how frustrating this can be!

Sandra - good for you for going to w a today - very dedicated.

I was hoping to get to the gym myself - but ended up back in bed for a long snooze - which resulted in a very mixed up late day - had breafast/brunch (?) out around noon at the bagel place (before starting all our errands) and eating has gone down hill since then (yes guacomole and chips for dinner is not a good thing!).

After a major hunt and trying on a gazillion black bras I found one that is 'suitable' - note the word 'suitable - i don't love it - but at least it fits, no wires digging into my sides, no major droopiness, it's a bit too lacy for my liking as I prefer a smoother look under my tees - sure hope it's not too ugly! Also got another cotton/ stretchy white bra - because it seems that some women have mentioned the UNDERWIRES in their bras set off the metal detectors at the airport - so step aside and let us feel you up a bit! No kidding! Now while this has never happened to me (and I always wear underwire bras) I sure didn't want to hold up traffic in the security line - so decided to buy a non-underwire bra.

I am wearing it now - testing it out :D and frankly it is quite comfortable - altho of course not anywhere near as supportive as my usual bras - and I'm thinking this is not such a bad idea for sitting on a plane for several hours! Might just have to dub it my 'official travelling bra" - and I think I shall be wearing it on the cruise as well!

Also got the current Lancome gift bonus at Sears (got more exfoliant) and a lovely fold up standing makeup bag - very practical (I might even take it along) - with small mascara, lipstick, moisturizer w/spf 30!, eye makeup remover, eyeshadow duo and a set of 3 makeup brushes! (all for $33).

And got a new watch! - yes a pink Baby-G waterproof watch that I can wear touring/swimming and snorkelling - don't have to worry about taking it off and leaving it in my beach bag! Now if I can only figure out how to work all those buttons/alarms etc (it even gives weather updates!)....very cute!

My exciting saturday night activities involve major laundry (stripped the bed, duvet cover, etc) while dh continues building dd's dresser (she's gone for the weekend).

Most exciting is next week at this time I hope to be enjoying the Miami nightlife and having dinner at Bubba Gump's, enjoying some hot breezes, latin music and getting ready to set sail. Still going over packing lists in my head - which means I shall now go and figure it out on paper!

Froufie

septembersgoal
09-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Frouf I'm excited about your trip! I can just imagine you, relaxing in the sun! :beach: I'm excited for you, I just know that you're going to have a great time.

Kathy, hope you're having fun with your family.

Sandra, how was dinner with your friends?

I hope that you all have a wonderful Sunday!!

Katpo
09-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Frouf, I can't believe it's so close! Seems just like yesterday that you were planning the trip. I hope it is a very fast work week for you!

And thanks for the heads up about the Lancome! My MIL buys it all year and saves the bonuses for Christmas to give to me and my SILs in our stockings! Now I know what to look forward to!

Judd decided to get the carpet cleaner anyway, so he and Zuki went to Lowe's and bought one (there goes another $300 -- this has been an expensive Saturday!) and then cleaned the family room carpet. After that, the only things left to do is dust, clean the table and chairs outside, and play with the food.

But now I'm tired and am going off into the bedroom if Judd doesn't turn the TV off of football and onto something I want to watch. I doubt he'll want to watch episodes of Flip That House and Trading Spaces! :lol:

ontarget
09-02-2006, 10:58 PM
frouf, i like the idea of a comfortable/non metal detector setting off traveling bra. oh man! i want to go to bubba gump's. i haven't eaten at one of them in over 3 years now. i'm wayyyyyy overdue.
are you taking a puter with you? you know i'll be living through your posts about the cruise.

melissa, thank you for asking. dinner was great. i had one taco and half an enchilada, a tablespoon guacamole and lots of lettuce with salsa on it. i think i stayed well within my range today. life is good. we had a blast flinging arrows afterwards. we felt like kids. you have a wonderful sunday, too.

kathy, i could sit and watch tv with either you or judd. i like football and home makeovers. is your carpet going to be dry by tomorrow? or was this a sort of dry cleaner? it sounds like something i really really need.

Katpo
09-02-2006, 11:11 PM
The carpet is dry. By the time you make 3-4 passes, all of the water is pretty much out. I think this one is a Hoover and our other was a Bissell. Consumer Reports preferred the Hoover and then we found it at Lowes. Let me see if I can find it.

Okay, this is it. http://www.comforthouse.com/steamcleaner.html

I think Judd is going to like this one more than he liked the Bissell.

Tejas
09-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Well, we're home from the wedding reception and I did all right, considering. I had 2 (yes, TWO) glasses of red wine, the chicken and crisp veggies, and only 1/2 of a small piece of wedding cake. I could have done better but considering I was hungry and it was a celebration, I didn't do too badly.

Ernesto has hit us with lots of rain, high winds and fallen trees on the street. Nothing appears to have been damaged although there are power lines down and police blocking the street.

ontarget
09-02-2006, 11:22 PM
thanks, kathy. i'll go take a peek.

ontarget
09-02-2006, 11:25 PM
rhonda, way to go, girl! you definitely get an A+. did doyle get the other half piece of cake? you know i'd zero in on 1/2 being left. :lol:

Tejas
09-02-2006, 11:37 PM
Good one, Sandra...no, he didn't eat the other half. He ate one piece and left the remainder alone. Not only that, he lost a pound and a half the day AFTER we went to the gourmet Mexican restaurant...men :lol: !

septembersgoal
09-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Sandra your dinner sounds so good. I love mexican food. And guacamole is a newfound love for me. :D Chipotle has the best. Sounds like you did really well, it would be easy for me to overeat in that situation.

Kathy, I think I'm going to rent a steam cleaner this week to do my carpets. I don't know if it will do much, but it will at least help until we can get new flooring.

Rhonda, sounds like you did really well at the wedding. Hope it was fun!

We have a family reunion today, so I'm trying to think about what I will and won't eat. Last night we went out with my parents and step-sister to Texas Roadhouse...I was so proud of myself because I had steak, salad and green beans. Their fries are my FAV so it's a big deal for me to pass them up. Of course I snuck one or two of DH's plate, but it's still a victory for me. ;)
Better get ready for the reunion. I'll talk to you all later!

Vickie
09-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I just got up at 9:30 and I could sleep some more. Fatigue is another one of those lovely perimenopause/menopause symptoms. I'm going to the Doctor next week and will have a list of things to talk to him about.

I'm here to tell you that my second viewing of Wicked was even better than the first! Even Jim agreed. I'd go again in a heartbeat if money were no object. Frouf, you would NOT be disappointed.

I just got a phone call. I'll be right back.

ontarget
09-03-2006, 12:58 PM
rhonda, tell doyle he gets an "atta-boy"! you're right. men can lose so much faster than we, can't they? i can smell mexican food and gain weight.

melissa, sounds like you have a big day ahead. enjoy yourself. you're smart not to think about food. you should think about having fun and enjoying your relatives. congratulations for doing so well at tx roadhouse. that's a victory for sure.

good morning, vickie. i'd love to see wicked. i hope it comes to spokane or missoula so i can get a chance. i hope you get some energy. are you taking vitamins? i take a multi daily.

blessedwithsarah
09-03-2006, 02:10 PM
I've been lurking about on this board all summer. Wanted to finally say "HI". I started WW in Sept 2004 when Core was introduced. I have been doing it since day 1. Hit my goal in May 2005 --- and thankfully over the past year and 1/2 only slipped a bit. Summer's over and its time to get back on track.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Paula

Tejas
09-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi:

We had the remnants of Ernesto tear through Toronto last night as I mentioned. It is cool, damp and cloudy and I slept until 11AM this morning...what a way to not eat!

I'm preparing short ribs for dinner at a friend's house tonight. I trimmed and trimmed that fat off but I'll still go easy on eating them tonight. I have such a wonderful recipe for preparing them which I enhance by marinating them in port wine over night. No added calories in that,are there? :crossed:

I took a 45 minute brisk walk today to survey the storm damage. There are quite a few trees down

Katpo
09-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Rhonda, how wacky that I'm so much nearer to any coast than you, and I can't PAY for any of that rain! :lol: We had a little yesterday, and today it's cloudy but nothings happening.

People are getting here so I'd better go. This is my first chance to check in all day. We went to Cracker Barrel for a big breakfast, then to Garden Ridge to buy rugs for the family room and kitchen, then to little Walmart for a few last minute things. Oh and at Cracker Barrel, I got this very cool straw hat. It's a Toby Keith signature -- let me see if I can find it.

http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/page/H/PROD/tk/tk34os

http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/tk34-300.jpg

Ack! Kate's here now so I'd really better go. I'll be back in a while!

Vickie
09-03-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm off to spend time with Niece and the Greats. Her DH went to work at 5:30 this morning and is going straight from work to his Football fanatasy league selection party/card game. He won't be home until the wee hours of tomorrow morning. She wants us to come over to keep her company and preserve her sanity after being alone with the kids all day. I'm going to shower now.....after doing nothing today....and get ready to go over there. I guess we'll have Chiptole today instead of tomorrow. I'm make today's planned dinner tomorrow.

I hope you're all enjoying your holiday weekend. It's still sunny and in the high 70's here.