General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 01:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking Doin it the old fashioned way #2!

Hi all,
Welcome to our new thread-the old one was getting mighty long! That is a good thing though-it means we have been giving each other all that wonderful support and encouragement.
To the newbies to this thread-we are a group of wonderfully supportive women who are counting calories or WW points and excercising to get or stay fit. We do not low-carb, take a ton of weight loss supplements, or do other quick fixes. We also talk about what is going on with our lives, and share stories and interests with each other. We have become great friends.
The mainstay of our support group now is myself-Aphil,
Willbethin,Southern Gal, Sadiegirl, and Atkhorses. We welcome anyone who wants to join us, and we want to hear about your good days and your bad. We will support you and encourage, never to beat you up for something you shouldn't have ate.
Welcome,
Aphil
Old 09-09-2001, 10:04 PM   #2  

Default Great idea!

The other thread really was getting long! And what a nice welcome to anyone who wants to join us in our weight loss venture! Ditto what aphil said - this group is super supportive and I personally have really welcomed all the encouragement!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I've still got to get school stuff ready for tomorrow (why am I always writing lesson plans on Sunday night?!!!) so I will catch everyone later.

Southern Gal
Old 09-10-2001, 02:13 PM   #3  

Default hi guys

aphil, i am sorry , sometimes i get confused with all the posts i read. i hope you are feeling better, sorry for all you are going through. great new post.

i did have a great weekend, i overate, but had fun. i am back on track though , today. southern gal, congrats on the weight loss, woo hoo. good for you.

lets keep up the great attitude girls.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:04 PM   #4  

Hi aphill, southeren gal willbethin and others. I am still sticking to my plan and weigh in is tonight. I am hoping that it shows good results. I want to crack the 200 soon.
Sorry to hear about the not feeling well. a lot of people are getting sick withcolds lately.

246/202.5/165
Old 09-11-2001, 01:15 AM   #5  

Hi all,
Sadiegirl, hope the weigh in is good-I'm pulling for you!
Southern Gal-Thanks for the support-I need it! ha ha
Willbethin-Hope you had a good time this weekend.
Girls-I found a great stress releiver-shopping on e-bay! It's addicting, but I love it. I did it today when the kids were sleeping, instead of cleaning! I'm taking your advice! I felt naughty! I love to shop and bargain hunt, but don't have the time to take the kids all around with me, so this was awesome! I found a vintage Big Bird Wilton cake pan for 1.50, I am going to use it for my son's 1rst birthday in the spring. (My mother in law and I collect the shaped pans for all of our parties)
Well, I am feeling better today-less stressed and more energetic. I am still taking my vitamins, and even went to the park with the kids-thanks Atkhorses for the advice!
My mom called me today and ran into my old high school flame, and she said his wife was bigger than me-so that made me feel better!

Well, gotta go to bed now,
Take care
Aphil
Old 09-11-2001, 08:39 PM   #6  

hey guys, southern gal , you are soooooooo busy, but i bet it keeps you out of the kitchen.

sadie, how did that weigh in go???

aphil, bet it made you feel good about the other girl being bigger?? you better watch your money, shopping online can get out of hand, but if you are having fun, go for it.

well girls, i had a horrible day, eating wise. here is what is happening, i was suppose to babysit a girl in my daughters kindergarten class and now the mom wants custody of her back so that fell through, and that was my winter job, now i find myself back in the kitchen because i just dont have enough to do, i have to get busy. i will have kids to watch, only when kids have off of school, so they will be busy days. i cant gain back the 13 lbs i lost. i was doing so well. i still excercise and drink my water. i am sure i will figure this out, but in the mean time, i have to stay out of the kitchen.
Old 09-11-2001, 09:23 PM   #7  

Hi all,
Hang in there Willbethin!
I am pretty frugal as far as the online shopping goes-I always keep track of what the shipping costs are, and just add that in with the price to see if I am still getting a deal. It's the browsing I find the most fun!
Hope you all are doing well...
Aphil
Old 09-14-2001, 07:08 AM   #8  

Default I hope everyone is okay!!!

Hi all,
I haven't heard from anyone in a couple days...I hope everyone is alright-I don't know what states you are from, so I hope you aren't in locations close to what is happening.
Southern Gal-thanks for the instructions for the Mad Hatter cake.
Well, I am leaving today to go to the in-laws-Jasmine's party is tomorrow. I will check in Sunday when I get back.
I'll pray everyone is alright.
Aphil
Old 09-14-2001, 09:58 AM   #9  

Default hi everyone

it is so sad what is happening. me and mine are fine. i gained 2 lbs this week. and now i am on a whole new plan of action. i guess it is really not doin it the old fashioned way, but it is healthy and gives you a variety of excercieses to do.

it is the body for life, i started it yesterday. i like it cause one day a week, you get a free day, no excercise and no planned eating. eat what every you want. and you switch off, from aerobics to upper body then next day aerobics and the lower body.

i really did need to change my excercise a bit. i hope you guys are doing alright.. have fun aphil.

how is everyone else doing?? you might find me lurking around the body for life boards, but i will always check in here.
Old 09-14-2001, 12:50 PM   #10  

Hi all,
Glad to here from you Willbethin.
I do the same sort of exercise schedule the BFLer's do, and aim to eat protein at every meal to keep my blood sugar stabilized like they do also, but I just cannot commit to the 6 scheduled meals a day in their plan, and the exercising only on an empty stomach-I have to get my excercise in when the kids will allow it, no matter when I've eaten. I was able to do stricter bodybuilding style eating regimes before I had children, but now it is just not possible!
Mrs. Jim seems to be the leader of the BFL threads, and seems nice-I hope it works for you.
I hope you will be able to stay on the program, and will continue to come and see us! If you find the strictness isn't working out for you, you always have a place here.
Aphil
Old 09-14-2001, 03:07 PM   #11  

Default thanks aphil

i did some weights workout on my arms, but i do like his excercise routine, so i can get every part of my body going. i know what you are saying about eating the 6 meals, i can only try. but these days without a job i can really concentrate on this program. i just hope i can keep it up for the long haul. i knew i could come here for back up. i will let you know how it is going.
Old 09-17-2001, 07:40 AM   #12  

how is everyone doing?? i am doing good, even with getting in 6 meals, which i havent accomplished yet, i can only get 5. i calculated everything i ate one day, and i was within ww points. i just thought with eating 6 times a day i was eating more, but i am not. i often read in the past of people eating little meals throughout the day, instead of 3 big ones, and it turns out this might be for me. i dont give myself a chance to get hunger pains, i eat every 2 to 3 hrs. i just hope i can keep this up. hope everyone is doing well on their eating plan. and getting in that water and excercise. have a good one.
Old 09-17-2001, 11:46 AM   #13  

Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is doing okay-I have been busy, but thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing. jasmine's party went well, she had a real good time.
I just bought a Madame Alexander Princess Diana doll for my mother for Christmas-she is a collector. My husband is going to kill me!
It will be worth it.
Things have been going okay with me-my hair loss seems to be slowing down a bit, so hopefully it will start thickening up again in a couple months. I have been staying about the same weight, which is my goal for now until I am feeling a bit better.
Southern Gal and Sadiegirl-where are you? I am curious how your losses are going.
Well, gotta go,
Aphil
Old 09-17-2001, 09:21 PM   #14  

Glad to hear from everyone. I am down another pound this week.
Old 09-18-2001, 10:47 AM   #15  

hello all, sadie girl, you are doing wonderful. how much is that so far?? keep going girl.

aphil, i am glad to hear you are on your way to feeling better. if the doll puts a smile on your moms face it will be worth it.

i think you are making a wise decision to maintain your weight while getting yourself better. you can always start losing when you are feeling 100%. then you can give your eating plan all your attention. you will get there. weigh in is thurs morn. but with this plan, alot of people say they gain muscle cause of all the different excercises you do. so i dont want to really watch the scale. but i am doing well with it. take care.
Closed Thread