Support Groups - Military Spouses Kicking Butt #2 (Same girls, new thread)

missyb4ever
08-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Ok, per Ruth's suggestion, we're starting a new thread, hopefully everyone catches on!
Well, I'm giving the scale the silent treatment today, I splurged last night and I'm scared to see what it says...especially since I didn't go to the gym yesterday, now I will work twice as hard when I go today. :lifter:

Keep up the good work ladies, & btw, I'd love to get a free trip from the Army to Hawaii, but I know the cons would TOTALLY outweigh the pros because I guarantee my husband would get deployed from there. Can't have your cake and eat it too! Good luck this weekend, I'll check in later :wave:

Ruthxxx
08-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Bumping to make it easier to find.

married2asoldier
08-26-2006, 01:34 PM
I find that its easy to just subscribe to the thread that way when you want to find it all you have to do is go to your user cp page :) so hopefully that will keep me from getting lost. Yup Hawaii is pretty nice but the cons definetely outweigh the pros here. Just wanted to drop in wish everyone a great weekend. I got on the scale for my weigh-in and I am down 3lbs YAY...

Abbeycat36
08-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey everyone,

Keep posting in here so we can keep this going, anyone is welcome :D

My hubby just got back from hawaii a few weeks ago now and he'll be going off to somewhere near California I think next time, in October. Then back to Hawaii again later in the year I think.

Hahaha.. I just saw my 2 cats pouring water out of our water cooler into the tray below and drinking it. They are so bad!
I thought it was hubby getting a drink and I looked and it was the cats instead!

Hey Missy yeah best to stay off the scale for today if you think it might get you down. I weigh every day because I don't like to be surprised. If it's good, then great, but if not, at least I see it coming. It is amazing how much my weight yo-yo's from day to day. So far, now that I have been tracking it, it looks like I'll lose about 10 pounds a month, and I am more than happy with those numbers. Hopefully it will continue.

married2asoldier: I guess you just posted at the same time as me so I thought I'd edit and say congrats on the -3! :cool:

~ Angie

ssgtswife33
08-26-2006, 04:38 PM
married2asoldier~ Congrats to you on your -3lbs!!!

Me & my 18mo. old got up early this morning and took a real nice walk. Then later tonight, I'lll be tackling the gym to get a good workout. I'll weigh in on Monday and start keeping better track on here. I like how you do your's Angie.

I went to the library a couple of days ago and was looking at some books. I opened up a book and there was a dollar bill in there. I guess whoever had it last was using it as a bookmark and forgot to take it out. *LOL*

Everyone is doing such a great job with their weight loss. Keep up the good work!!! :cb:

missyb4ever
08-27-2006, 10:38 AM
AGH, I've been so horrible this weekend, I'm ashamed of myself!!! :mad: I splurged my fat butt OFF this weekend, and I'm paying for it now. I haven't been drinking enough water, and now I've got 3 stubborn lbs to take off to get rid of the damage I've done the past 3 days. Shame on me, I'll take 3 lashings please :(

On a slightly good note, I DID do somewhat of a workout yesterday. Did 100 situps on the AbLounger which I am DEFINATELY feeling this morning, and then I did 2 10 minute bootcamp workouts which worked the ever livin daylights out of my legs. I'll go to the gym today and work my toosh off out of guilt.

To all you loosing ladies, I'm VERY proud of you, you guys are inspiration to NOT do what I did this weekend :) Keep up the awesome work!!!

Abbeycat36
08-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi everybody!

Missy! bad bad bad! :devil: Try drinking LOTS of water for a few days and it might help flush it out. But hey not all is bad, you did exercise, so that's something positive! No point in beating yourself up about what is done. Were you depressed or ? If there's anything we can do to help, let us know (besides kicking your butt i mean! hehee) :hug:

ssgtswife: Hey nice surprise about the dollar, too bad it wasn't a 20 huh? darnit!

Hubby and I went out around town yesterday picking up a couple of things we wanted. I got a new tub scrubbie, my old one was worn out. These things are great!! If anyone here still washes the tub by hand, you might be interested in these things. It's a normal broom stick with a big "puff" on the end of it, which you scrub the tub with standing up. The puff is made out of that netting stuff, like the plastic pot scrubbers but a little finer. I use mine for the tub and the plastic walls surrounding. This one is made in Canada (where I am) but I'm guessing they must have them in USA too.

We went for a walk after dinner, and then we started working on a craft project (photo mat cutting).

I feel tired today but I'll probably perk up later on. It's Sunday which is my "cheat meal" day so woo hoo I'm lookin forward to that.

~ Angie

ssgtswife33
08-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Missy~ Hang in there girlie!! Atleast you did get some exercise in. Just don't beat yourself up. Just shake it off and jump back on the saddle. Also, make sure you get lots of water in.

Abbeycat36
08-27-2006, 06:25 PM
ssgtswife33
Where'd you get that bar with the girl on it, is that from the regular tickers or did you get it somewhere else? I like it!!

~Angie

missyb4ever
08-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Ok, so - my eyes are floating :dizzy: I've been trying to flush out my system. Took my puppy on a walk tonight too after dinner, and luckily I didn't eat after 7pm either. I also went easy on the carbs today, just to calm down my system.

So, I totally wish I could find a dollar here and there, maybe I ought to go to the library more often huh??

Ladies, thank you for the support, and not letting me make excuses, just giving me advice and telling me to do it and get back on track. :drill: That's what i need. I know I splurged because I thought "oh, a little bit won't hurt" and I Just can't do that until I'm where I need to be, and then only in moderation...because if I give myself an inch right now, I'll take a mile...I'm working on the whole discipline thing. Oi, well, I'm out for the night. Need to take a shower, and drink some more water....lol. Sweet dreams girls!!

ssgtswife33
08-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Angie~ I got this ticker from another website. Here is the web addy if you would like to check it out http://lafemmebonita.com When you go to the addy, if you click on Fun Stuff, it will take you to a area where you can click on weight loss ticker. There are so many cute ones to choose from. They even have Avatars to choose from. My Proud Army Wife blinkie also came from there. They have all types of different services. They also have Air Force, Marines, Sailors and Navy.

n2luvnlife
08-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Ladies,

I went up a pound!!!! :?: Not that time of the month, I haven't cheated. I have been working out and drinking my water. Oh well, I will keep going.

ssgtswife33: I went to that website and stole your idea, "Proud Navy Wife" blinke, hope that was okay.

Missy, Don't beat yourself up! We will all have times when we will cheat and go off course. I admire you for all the working out you do. When I grow up I want to be as motivated as you are about going to the gym. LOL

Married2asoldier: You go girl. Congrats on your 3lbs. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: (a carrot for every pound)

:hug: to everybody and keep on track this week. We can do this. I am very busy at work this week. Budget, budget, and more budget. :dizzy: Will try and post at night when I get back from the gym.

ssgtswife33
08-28-2006, 05:34 PM
LittleLori~ Don't let that pound get to ya. Just keep up the exercising and drinking your water and it will come off plus more. Of course I don't mind you using the blinkie. I personally think it's cool. I was so glad to come across it.

I hope everyone is having a good Monday.:sunny:

Abbeycat36
08-29-2006, 04:02 AM
Hi everyone!

Here I am bumping the thread back to the top. We don't want to get lost now do we? then nobody will find us :o

About gaining.. at least for me, now that I've been going for a couple of months, I see a bit of a trend. I seem to lose, gain some, hold, lose, up, hold, down. SO, that said.. anyone who gains anything here and knows they did not DO anything to cause it... don't worry about it. It's probably just a body change of some kind. It will come off if you stick to the plan.

Actually, I read somewhere that it does not matter what you do "some" of the time, it matters what you do "MOST" of the time. This is true. You will have treats, this is normal. You might gain a pound. This is normal. Follow the plan the best you can and it will happen!! :hug:

Geez I've been waiting for my TOM to kick in like ALL week and all I'm getting is crampy stomach. I wish it would just get on with it already. I used to be regular right down to the day, for the last year. Then I had a bit of stress about ohhhh 6 months ago now, and it's not been the same since. What's up with that. (not really a question, just a 'huh'?)

Thanks for the info on the ticker. I'll go look at them!

No major news here, which is good news, right? :D I am doing well and no complaints. Just plodding along!

Keep up the good work guys! :cool:

~ Angie

Chipmunk
08-29-2006, 04:59 AM
Hi Ladies -
I'd love to join the buddy group.

I'm Michelle (23) and married to C' who is 27. We've been married a little over 6 years and have a beautiful little boy who will be 1 on the 1st of September.

C' is in the Marine Corps and has been active for a little over 9 years. He's career and we're stationed in Southern California.

Being very active and fit pre marriage I never thought I'd have a weight issue after getting married. Within the first year I went from 130 to 140 and by our 4th year of marriage I was about 150. I was 158 when I got pregnant and sky rocketed up to 200 in the last 20 weeks of my pregnancy. I was huge, especially for my short little body.

I'm doing great.. down 57 pounds and have just a little bit more to go. Of course it's the hardest part.

I TOTALLy understand the deployment diet senerio. My husband just got back less than two weeks ago from a 6 month deployment. I dropped about 30lbs while he was gone. So far I've maintained and I can't wait for Christmas to roll by so that I am hopefully at my goal weight of 120.

ssgtswife33
08-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Hi Chipmunk and :welcome: Wow!! Congrats to you on loosing 57lbs. I too was very active and very fit pre marriage. I played many sports. I never would have thought in a million years that I would be battling with my weight like I am now. The good part is that I have learned and that I am slowly loosing. I continue to stay active and very busy.

Well, I got on the scale this morning and weighed myself. I loss 2lbs this week.:dancer: I guess Tuesday will be my weigh in each week.

Everyone keep up the great work!!!!

n2luvnlife
08-29-2006, 01:20 PM
:welcome2: Chipmunk (Michelle), glad to have you. Congrats on your 57lb loss. Any secrets you could share with me? How long did it take to lose the 57lbs?

Angie, so glad that everything is going good for you this week.:carrot:

Missy, how are you today?

ssgtswife33: Congrats on your 2lb weightloss, that is so wonderful.:dance: :dance: :dance:

I don't have much to share today. It rained like crazy last night, the power went out and all I had for dinner was a piece of cheese and grapes. LOL, Should do wonders for the scale this week. My husband and I actually spent some quality time together just talking when he got home (with his hours, that is very unusual) so it made for a great evening. Well, the power was out so he had to talk to me. lOL:D

I hope you ladies have a great OP day! TTFN.

missyb4ever
08-29-2006, 06:21 PM
ssgwife- CONRAGTS on the poundage lost!! :carrot: :carrot:

Chipmunk, welcome to the group! We're glad you're here, you'll fit right in, and your major loss is an inspiration to us to lose more!!!

little lori - i'm ok...1 of the stubborn 3 is gone...but still 2 more to lose to get back on track at 191, don't think it's happening in August, totally bummed that I probably won't meet my goal for this month, but I will keep on truckin. Season 3 of Nip Tuck came out today, so DH & I will be glued to that and will do ab lounger and squats on breaks....good luck today ladies, updates tomorrow!!!

Abbeycat36
08-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Hi everyone

Chipmunk, welcome to our group! Hey, it's growing! That's excellent :carrot:
great job on losing so much already! That's great! Cheers for you :D

I started my diet the day after hubby left for 2 months. He's back now but still going strong on the diet. I told him he's on a diet too and he just said "no problem!". (he is only about 5 pounds over though)

Missy, congrats on your pound. Sounds like only a little ol measly pound to you but I bet it still took work to get it off. We all know that! Keep going!

n2luvnlife - Bummer your power went out, I hate when that happens. Especially if you don't have a battery in the alarm clock. We had a hurricane a few yrs back (where I used to live) and it was 4 days we were all stuck inside our houses, no power. We ate everything on the bbq including making water for coffee. It was tough. Not as tough as it could have been of course. (like Katrina, etc)

Another day gone by already. They go so fast.

We've been buying a bunch of these new Nestea single tubes for bottled water lately. My hubby goes through about 4-5 of them a day so I kept buying them. Well, we got out a plastic container to keep them in, I was tired of all the little boxes. We took them all out and put them in one container. I swear we have about 100 of them now. Geez I'd hate to add up how much I spent on those things. :dizzy:

Everything going well on my end. This forum has helped me stay on a pretty solid track and I'm super happy about that. Very few weak moments for me so far. Never say never but I'm liking that I don't feel tempted to go pig out on anything!!

Hope everyone had a good day!

~ Angie

ssgtswife33
08-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Hello Everyone!!

Well... Back to school started today so after dropping my oldest off at school, me and my youngest headed to the park. They have a huge lake there with a walking path around it. One lap around the lake is 1 mile. We did 2 laps so I got 2 miles in so far this morning. My little one loves that park. The lake is filled with ducks. I swear there are atleast 200-300 ducks there. My goal is to head there each morning after dropping my son off at school and then hitting the walking trail. I would like to build it up where I can do maybe 4-5 laps around the lake.

missy~ Congrats on your 1lb loss. I know your not where you planned to be at the end of the month but just hang in there and keep on going. It will come off and then you'll be headed down to the 180 track.:goodscale: Keep your chin up and keep going!!

littlelori~ It does stink when the power goes out however it was good that you got to spend some good quality time with your hubs.

Angie~ I have been wanting to try the Nestea single tubes. I use Crystal Light and love it. They are a little pricey but they are sooo good. I try to hunt coupons for things like that to help save me money. *hehe* I drink water, caff. free diet coke & Crystal Light. I would love to eventually get off of diet soda's completely.

I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!!!

missyb4ever
08-31-2006, 09:00 AM
GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!! It's almost Friday!!!

Jenn - AWESOME on finding the park's walking path, that is a GREAT way for 1: your daughter to have a blast and be active, and 2: for you to get a great workout in early in the morning, that way you still have your day!! Less of a chance to get distracted and push your workout off.............like me :( These past two days I've been so consumed with catching up on Season 3 of Nip/Tuck I've only done the ab lounger and some squats at home...I miss the gym :( I'll go back tonight as hubby has a late night training at work.

Hope everyone else is having an awesome day! Keep up the good work!!

n2luvnlife
08-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey ladies! Hope everyone is getting off to a great start today.

Missy, What is up with this weather today? It is only 71 here today. I am freezing and it is so dreary today and rainy. oh, well it is almost FRIDAY!!!!
Get back to that gym tonight! I do hope you have enjoyed Nip and Tuck though.

ssgtswife33: Great idea! Walk some for me too. You will up to 4-5 laps very soon. I miss walking. Living here it just isn't convenient. When I lived in Norfolk - I would walk 3 miles everyday. Congrats on the loss. :carrot:

Angie, I use those Nestea tubes too. I absolutely love them. I am an iced tea fanatic. I could drink a gallon a day and have and more.

Chipmunk: I hope you are doing okay.

Anyone have any major plans for the holiday weekend? I am going to Maryland to see my cousins - they are having a Pool Party - cook out on Saturday. I hope the weather holds out. If not, I guess it will be moved inside.

I didn't do as well last night at dinner as I should have. I am on Atkins and my husband actually had 1/2 a day at work yesterday (supposed to be studying) so he wanted Mexican. urrrrgh - It is very hard to find something to eat on Atkins that is Mexican. Well I couldn't find anything. I had 10 chips (Bad Lori) and settled on the Chicken quesadillas, I opt'd out of the rice and beans. Oh, well - that is my first mess up since starting. I am not going to let it get me down. I am focused and back on track. ( It could have been worse)
Weigh in is tomorrow, wish me luck.

Have a great day and make it an OP day!:hug:

lilmrsmullen
08-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi i hope youdont mind me joining this thread, My hubby is a US Marine station in NC. I live here in the UK, so the distance adds to my stress, i get stressed, depressed and eat. A visious circle.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

n2luvnlife
08-31-2006, 12:45 PM
lilmrsmullen: :welcome3: That has got be hard with you living overseas and he is stationed in NC. When will you see him again?

We both are the same height. I have alot more to lose then you, but it is all the same. Glad to have you and post often.:carrot:

ssgtswife33
08-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi lilmrsmullen and :welcome2: Glad to have you aboard. :) That definitely has to be hard with him being stationed in NC. How long will it be before you see him again? Hopefully not too long. Again, welcome!!!

littlelori~ I'm doing Atkins too. I wouldn't let that mexican food get you down either. Just get back on track and keep peddling. Let us know about your weigh in tomorrow.

Well.. today I did my 2 mile walk around the lake again. I will continue to do 2 miles and starting next week, I will try for 3. It was a beautiful morning and not to hot (thank goodness). I took some bread this time and me and my son (18mo.) sat down by the lake and fed the ducks and the birds. He had a blast.

Everyone have a good one!! :wave: Keep up the good work ladies!!!

Abbeycat36
08-31-2006, 08:29 PM
HI everyone!

Yup almost Friday! I guess that's a good thing.. I have some work to catch up on first and if I don't get it done, less of a weekend until I do. I work in publishing and it's all about deadlines. MUST meet them.

So I lost 2 pounds earlier in the week and they stayed off until today, my weigh in day. I'm super happy about that. I lost 0 last week so I was happy to get something this week.

I got new eye glasses today and wow what a difference. My eyes are actually burning a bit so I might have to rest my eyes for bits in between until I get used to them.

lilmrsmullen
Welcome! And yup anyone is welcome to jump in here. The more the merrier! Sorry to hear you're so far away from your hubby. Is that a long term thing? I hate my hubby being away at all. Right now he's home for a month or so.

ssgtswife33
Awesome job on the walking! And you get to feed ducks and spend time with your little one outside. It's all a good thing!! Does your little one walk too or do you put him in the stroller? I'm guessing you do, that'd be quite a walk for a little one.

n2luvnlife AND ssgtswife33
You guys are both doing Atkins! I know some really love that program and have no probs but I just couldn't take it!! Everyone is different though and I'm glad you both found a program you like that you can stick with!

This weekend .. if I get my work done on time and don't spend my time here that is... we'll probably do a bit of driving around, maybe take some photos. Get outside, smell some of the air before the rain comes again (it rains here all winter, rather than snow).

So, that said, I better get to it!!

Talk to you guys later!!

~ Angie

lilmrsmullen
09-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Being away from huubby wil be liek this for another year and a half, i will see him around Christmas time before he deploys again early next year, and then again summer 2007, who knos after that.

I teach and the summer vacation is over here now, so i am back to work monday, my kids are back at school, it will be my sons first day.

I did manage to get some exercise in yesterday, i took my daughter swimming, so while she played, i swam lengths. While i was there i signed up for the gym, i have my induction sunday morning, i cant wait to get started there.

married2asoldier
09-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Hello Everyone.... Just checking in. Got to talk to the hubby this morning he is doing well. I can't believe its been 25 days since he left but then on the other hand it seems like forever. I have been doing good on food staying on plan. I had to switch to pilates this week since it was TOM taebo and kicking just were not working out for me haha TMI i know. HOpe everyone has a great weekend. Keep up the good work
~Amber

Abbeycat36
09-01-2006, 03:17 PM
HI everybody

It's Friday! woo hoo!!

lilmrsmullen - oh my you must have strength... that's a long time away from the one you love. I'm glad you keep busy, that helps a LOT. We have no kids, so when hubby is not here it is too quiet. I work from home too so I force myself to get out and do things. I STILL have no friends here yet, after almost 2 yrs. Well, I know a few people thru hubby but no friends of my own. I don't have kids, or a dog.. that seems to be the theme here in the military quarters. I am trying to find an art class I can take next month when hubby goes away.

married2asoldier
25 days.. doesn't sound TOO bad but I know it can feel really long at times. I find the first 2 weeks are no problem, then it feels like "enough already" after that, for me. TOM for me too this week.. so I know where you're coming from there. Hubby and I went for a 45 min walk yesterday evening so that was nice. I'm gonna make him go again tonight, he doesn't know that yet! hehehe

~ Angie

missyb4ever
09-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Hey ladies!!! A HUGE welcome to the new chicas joining us :) Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but Tropical Storm Ernesto has been gracing us with his presence and our internet has been very intermittent due to the 6+ inches of rain and power outages in the past day!! No gain, but no loss either...I guess I'll be content that I'm stagnant when I've been stagnant in my workout this week too...as soon as we're allowed to drive anywhere, I'm desperate to go to the gym (all the roads are closed due to flooding.)

Good luck ladies - keep me posted, and keep up the good work!!!

Also, I'd love to hear what everyone's weight loss goals for September are...I'm going to undershoot and say 4lbs...that will put me in the 180's like I so desperately want to be...that way if I lose more, I'll suprise myself!

ssgtswife33
09-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies and Happy Friday!!!

lilmrsmullen~ WOW!! that is a long time away from hubbs. It's good that you do keep yourself busy. That will definitely help time go by much faster.

Angie~ Does the base that you live on offer any Art classes? I know many bases here in the U.S. offer many activites like that. They offer Art classes, ceramics, sewing, etc.. That is so nice that your hubbs walks with you. I wish my hubbs could do that but with his job that he has, he doesn't get home until 10pm and by then, it's too late. He works 14hr days 6 days a week. :(

Missy~ My September goal is 5lbs. I'm going to try my best to loose more but goal is 5lbs. I've been exercising at the house but my mornings are strictly for walking. I hope with the extra walking, it helps jumpstart my metabolism and burns the fat faster. *hehe* I can only hope :)

married2asoldier~ 25 days is a long time. How long will he be gone for? I know when their deployed, it is so good to hear there voice. I know with me when my husband would go to the field for training, and he had a chance to call, hearing his voice would like re-energize me. It's a great feeling.

Everyone keep up the great work!!!!

Abbeycat36
09-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Happy Saturday everyone!

ssgtswife33
Well actually the base itself is a distance from where we live. The military quarters here (the houses I mean for married people) are split up into 3 different parks here. So they have the base itself in one area, and the housing is in other areas. I guess they just didn't have room for it all in one location? I dunno. Anyway yes they do have some classes at the base but it's inconvenient to go there, so I'd likely look somewhere else. The traffic coming from the base is INSANE, and I would not want to fight with that. There's a recreation centre within walking distance of where I live so I might look there. They have fitness stuff along with a few.. not very many.. other little classes.

Wow 14 hour work days is a LOT. My hubby usually works about 8-9 hour days when he's at home but when he's away on the ship he usually works very long hours then. He's not army, he's air force so I think there's a difference there too, sounds like the army guys work much harder (shh don't tell my hubby I said that heheeh).

I hadn't thought of a goal for the month. I slated my next goal to be for November 1, when I want to be at 270. If I don't get there I'm not upset, it was just a number I picked at the time. I have another goal to be -50 pounds total by Christmas, so I am almost halfway there.

Missy sorry to hear you're in the path of the storm. Glad to hear though that it was only as bad as it was, and not worse. And not losing any is WAY better than gaining!! So considering the disruption with the weather you're doing just fine. I have lots of slow periods I noticed in my weight loss so far, so don't pay much mind to it.

Weather here is still pretty nice and sunny. Our summer here is SO dry and then the winter months is all rain. Rarely a sprinkle of snow which is just soooooo nice. Where I came from (east coast) is cold in the winter with snow so this is like paradise.

~ Angie

Abbeycat36
09-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Just bumping the thread back to the top so nobody misses it!
hope you are all having a good Sunday!

Apolline
09-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey all ...

I am an Army wife. We have been together for 5 years and prior to that I was active duty myself.
We are currently stationed in Ft. Lewis, WA and I love it here. We have been alllll over the place. Right now we are dealing with a steady rotational deployment, it kinda sucks :( , but I am sure you ladies know how that goes:^: .
We have one son, and I am a full time college student. I am between 50 to 60 lbs over my lowest weight, but I would be really happy to loose 40 pounds, heck, I would be happy to loose 20, ;) you know what I mean!?
I would like to be about 30 pounds down by the time he gets back from this deployment, and it is doable, but I really have to get on it.
I would also like to be at my ultimate goal by the time of the unit Ball in March... because nobody wants to look like the "fat wife".
I am not sure if it is easier or harder to lose weight being surrounded by all of these uber fit men.
Anyway.... I look foreward to getting to know all of you!!

Krista

lilmrsmullen
09-04-2006, 04:58 PM
well i finally joined the gym, i went yesterday,a d today, i wont make it tomorrow as i have a meeting after work but will be going wednesday and thursday.

ssgtswife33 _ yes, i have kind of gotten used to the time apart, it is just so normal for our relationship as we know no different

ssgtswife33
09-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Happy Monday Everyone!!

Hi Krista and :welcome:

Angie~ Yeah, my hubbs works very long hours. He used to not work that long until this past February. He got orders for recruiting so that is what he does for the next 3 years. Recruiting is a very stressful job. I hope the next 2 1/2 years goes by fast. :)

Krista~ Hi there! We just moved from Fort Lewis 6 months ago. I liked it there alot but just didn't care to much for all the drizzling rain. :( We just didn't get to spend to much time there. We were only there for 9 months until my husband got orders for recruiting which took us here to Las Vegas.

Abbeycat36
09-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi Krista and welcome to our thread!! Our group is growing! Anyone who reads this and wants to post jump right in. :cool:

Krista yes I know what you mean - nobody wants to look like the 'fat wife'. Oh I so know what you mean. Here where I live, I think there are probably less people overweight in general than where I came from, I guess because of the warm climate. (we're now on Vancouver Island which is just a wee bit north of Seattle) I found it the PERFECT time to start a diet, when my hubby went away in June of this year. YOU can do it too. I found it a bit of adjustment when he came back but now we're totally back to a 'new' normal (old normal meant eating out a LOT).

lilmrsmullen
Great job on joining a gym and going right away! That's awesome! I know that is a big step to go there, so give yourself a pat on the back for that. I joined a gym back in 2001 and only recently we stopped going because we now have equipment at home.

ssgtswife33
Wow you live in Las Vegas.. whew that's hot weather. Hubby and I got married there last year in May and it was SOOO hot. It's 'warm' here all year round so we're not used to extreme weather now.

Hope everyone's having a good week so far!!!

Keep up the good work gals (and guys if there's any lurking) :smug:

~ Angie

missyb4ever
09-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Whew, looks like i had a lot to catch up on!! Newbies... :balloons: :welcome3: our group is awfully eclectic, but fun, and VERY motivational, and hopefully we can help you along the journey to accomplish your goals!!

This weekend was definately a well deserved Holiday Weekend for us. Granted, I splurged a little bit, but no gain, and it's back on track this week...I ran two miles tonight with my new running buddy (a girl in my husbands company I'm friends with) which COMPELTELY kicked my arse. I am NOT a runner by any means, and I am feelin it tonight!!! :stars:

It's back to work tomorrow, and back to the gym/regular workouts. I'm so bummed I got off track there for the past week, SHAME ON ME! I am trying so hard to get in SOME kind of shape, and I have a month until the MP ball....grrr...I'd like to be down atleast another 5 lbs or so and get my arms toned up a bit. Ok, so now with all this talk of being fit, I'm feelin like a lazy *** sitting here typing, so I'm going to go do situps on the ab lounger and call it a night. I shall see ya'll in the morning...keep up the good work!!! And thanks for staying strong for everyone, this is such a blessing having ya'll ladies around. Sweet dreams!

Apolline
09-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the :welcome: :D
Missy- do you have your ball-gown picked out??

What kind of programs are all of you following? Right now I am not trying anything other than the whole "eat less, exercise more" thing.

What kind of exercise do you all do? I am between walking my dogs, and getting on the elliptical trainer at the gym.

married2asoldier
09-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Hello Everyone Welcome to all the new people.
Just wanted to let you ladies know you are my inspiration :) I love reading your posts everday and they really keep me going. I heard from my hubby again today YAY! just 11 more months to go and this deployment is over. Today was my weigh-in and I am down again. I have been alternating days with pilates and taebo. I love my pilates for dummies tape!! Hope everyone had a great weekend, me and the kids just stayed home but we always have a good time. Hailee is two and never fails to entertain.
Stay Strong
~Amber

missyb4ever
09-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Good morning!!! Well, we're supposed to be getting more rain today... (i'm a bit water logged) but it's back to the ol' grindstone this week. I slacked off the past week & 1/2 so we're back in the saddle again and I'm seriously sticking to it (god, I'm full of cliche's this morning, sorry)

I plan on doing the elliptical, weight training arms, and sit ups tonight....and plan on hitting the gym every day this week to make up for lost time. Hubby is going to the field in late Sept and off to Warrior's Leaders Course in October so I'll have plenty of time to hit the gym with no distractions.

Krista, no gown picked out yet. Scared to go try them on...I hate my arms, stupid bat wings....the rest of me doesn't look THAT big, but I am so ashamed of my arms, and of course everything is sleeveless....we'll see...I'll probably go last minute and get something. It doesn't help that I don't have any good shopping buddies either :(

oh well, enough of my griping, good luck and get on it ladies!!

ssgtswife33
09-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Hello Everyone!! :)

married2asoldier~ That is so wonderful that you heard from your hubbs. That helps so much when they get a chance to call home. Also, Congrats to you on your weight loss. :carrot: Your doing a great job with your weight loss, keep up the good work!! I am fixing to start taebo myself today so wish me luck. *lol*

I weighed in this morning unfortunately, I didn't loose anything. However I didn't gain either so that is okay. I'm just going to continue with my exercising and watching my foods and hopefully next Tuesday I'll see some kind of loss.

n2luvnlife
09-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Hey chickadees. I haven't posted in almost a week. I have been busy at work then went away this holiday weekend. On friday when I weighed in - I had lost 1 pound. I think I gained it back this weekend ( too much food and not enough smart choices while at cousins house this weekend) . I will weigh in the morning. Just couldn't bring myself to do it this morning.

Jenn, does your husband work as many hours as mine does recruiting? It is crazy. Every Saturday for the most part unless they are at goal. Coming home after 10pm. I wish he was back on the ship, I saw him more. LOL

Ladies, it is great to be back and motivated to keep going even though I got off track.

Missy, I got a bunch of rain last week too. I heard you all down there took the brunt of it though. I know and now it is freakin raining today. Well husband is down in Yorktown for a couple days of training. At least I can get my exercise in and dinner will be healthy.

I have Navy ball to attend in November, so I know how you ladies feel. I would love to be skinnier this year than last year. I hate going to these things as the fat wife. :mad:

Apolline - :welcome3:, Krista! Glad to have you with us!!!!

:hug: to everyone and I hope everyone has an OP day!

ssgtswife33
09-05-2006, 04:42 PM
n2luvnlife~ Yep... my hubbs works crazy hours. Works till atleast ten and nearly every single Saturday. Every big blue moon he may get a Sat. off but very rarely. When he was in a regular unit, I did see him more. This is crazy. It's bad enough that I don't get to see him that much but I know it's even harder on the kids. :(

Apolline
09-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Married2asoldier - Yay!! I am so glad you heard from your DH. I know that had to have been a relief. I am always so happy to hear from DH, but then as soon as I hang up I begin anxiously awaiting the next call.

Well, DS started school today - he is a big 1st grader with full day school now. It is nice because I now have time after class to go work out. Today I took the dog for a walk around our housing area. 30 minutes in the blazin' sun... at least I had a good sweat going! :lol:

How is everyone else's week going? I haven't gotten on the scale yet, because Friday is my weigh-in day. I am nervous. Our next deployment is upon us and I have been getting increasingly emotional and depressed as the days go on.... all the more reason to get out an exercise. I am also thinking about other alternatives. How do you all get through the deployments? How does it effect your diet and exercise plans?

missyb4ever
09-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Ladies, ladies, ladies!!! How is everyone's Hump Day going?? Well, despite a hard core stressful day at work today (payroll is a beeeyotch if ya know what I mean!!) I came home, had a decently healthy dinner, and then I went to the gym. Here's where the fun starts:

I had been on the elliptical for 15 minutes and my feet started falling asleep (for some unknown reason, and it drives me NUTS!!) so I decided to go on the treadmill. Well, I decided to see what I could comfortablly do a mile in....and- let's see, last time I TRIED, I could BARELY push out a mile in 15:30. This time....12 MINUTES!!!!! I'm so pumped I'm practically shaking!! My ultimate goal is to run a mile in 10 mintues, so I only have 2 minutes to shave off. I've decided that I will weigh myself every day as well, but make official weigh in day on Sunday, so I'll post an update then, so as not to get my hopes up with the day to day fluctuations.

Now I am relaxing with a glass of wine, and will eventually get off the computer and get on the ab lounger and knock out about 100 sit ups. I have GOT to be in the 180's...if not in the 170's by Christmas. I've been really good about drinking all my water and eating several small meals a day, consuming only 1500 calories...so as long as I stick to rigorous exercise I should be seeing some hard core results.

Ladies whose hubbies are deployed or getting ready....in the words of New Kids on the Block, "hang tough" The only thing that kept me going when hubby was in Korea, then in Iraq was looking at p ictures, cherishing each phone call, reading books like "Romancing Your Husband" (I STRONGLY recommend this book, it's by Debra White Smith, and the "Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie O'Martin. Those books made me want to be 8 million times a better wife, and really made the times we talked awesome-check em out if you have the time & $$ (they are cheap) Also, avoid fighting at all costs, really....weigh it out...is ti worth fighting when you don't know if you will talk to him next? I just always kept things light....worked out a ton....worked, just kept busy busy busy and surrounded myself with good friends, be it on the phone, in person, or online :) Ok, I've babbled long enough and I've probably made everyone dizzy :dizzy: , so I'll hush, can't wait to talk to ya'll!!!

Abbeycat36
09-07-2006, 03:58 AM
Hey everyone!!

I'm the latecomer today.. it's almost midnight here PST so everyone on this board is probably asleep since I'm in a later time zone.

Missy you sound like you're rockin along, that's awesome! I have had experience with my feet going asleep too while I'm on the treadmill. Just stop for a few seconds and shake it out (your foot) and it helps. It should eventually go away. Not sure what causes that. Maybe your toes getting pushed to the front of the shoe. Congrats on your treadmill progress. I can't really 'run' yet on mine. I can do 'sorta running' more like a half jog attempt but I'll keep trying until I can. I can only do about a minute of it at a time... I just feel so out of balance that it's gonna take time to work up to doing well at it.

Apolline
I actually started my diet the day after my hubby went away in June. I always did the best at losing weight when I was single and living alone so I figured what a better time to start, and it kept my mind on a 'project' to keep me busy while hubby was away. Of course it didn't cure the lonliness, we don't have kids so it's just me here. BUT it boosted my mood in general most days (give or take a few bad ones) that I was doing something so great for myself. Hubby is back now and goes away again early October for 6 weeks. I guess all we can do is make the best out of what we have. We don't have any choice in the fact our hubby goes away, so might as well try to get through it the best way we can, right? What better thing to do than look better than ever when they come back :cool:

Sounds like you guys have it rougher than me with your hubby's work schedules. My husband works day shift one week, then evening shift the next (except for when he's away of course). I prefer when he works the day shift because I work my job from home (computer work) so I like the quiet atmosphere in the day and then we can spend the evening together doing something.

n2luvnlife
Don't worry if you gained your 1 back.. if you lost it, it will come back off quickly I think. It's only 1 pound after all and hey you can get that off noooo problem! :hug:

I'll let you know how my week went, tomorrow. Thursday is my 'official' weigh in day, though I get on the scale every morning. I like to be able to predict what my Thursday number will be and not be bummed out waiting all week. I find the scale does fluctuate a lot. Once you get used to seeing it go up and down 2-3 pounds during a week, and realize this is a normal pattern, it doesn't bother you as much after a while.

Talk to you all soon, and keep up the good work everyone!!
:carrot:
~ Angie

Apolline
09-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Goodmorning!!! :coffee:
I hope that everyones day is going well....
I did some research online on ball gowns WITH sleeves (imagine that!) Here are a few that I found...
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/kjl12199/1.gif
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/kjl12199/2.gif
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/kjl12199/3.gif
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/kjl12199/4.gif
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/kjl12199/9.gif
...and I thought this one was just hot.. (no sleeves though...)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/kjl12199/Hothothot.gif

Abbeycat36
09-07-2006, 07:06 PM
I like the first one - the bright red one - and I LOVE the black one with the half sleeves, that's a beauty!!!

OH the clothes I'm gonna buy when i get to goal.. oh man oh man.. I can't wait!! :cool: Yeah I know I don't have to wait to enjoy clothes, but that dream is part of the fun of it all.

~ Angie

Apolline
09-08-2006, 10:15 AM
:flow1: Goodmorning, Military Wives!!! :flow1:

:coffee: I hope that everyone has an on plan day today. Personally I failed BIG time yesterday(Mexican for lunch - and not the healthy items- and PIZZA :o for dinner), but today is a new day!

:dust: A little bit for all of us... :)

Abbeycat36
09-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi Apolline,

What happened yesterday? Anything we can help you with?
I'm glad you seem pretty cheery today! :D
Yup just move on and today is a new day! Best way to handle that one, it's only one day after all.

Today is friday! yay! :cool:

Apolline
09-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Life happened, you know? ;)

missyb4ever
09-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Krista, I checked out your myspace page. You & I are ALMOST the same height/size. You actually don't even look like you need to lose weight, and it kinda forced me to realize I might be being too hard on myself/my image. I'm probably not as big as I think I am, but my mind definately is one in it's own. But anyways, you're gorgeous, just thought I'd let ya know :) Hope everyone's saturday is going well, I'll post my weight loss/stagnant/gain on Sunday :)

Apolline
09-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Thank you! That is so sweet of you to say. :hug:
I think we are all harder on ourselves than we are on each other. Also, did you look at all of the pictures, cause some of them are older??? :lol:
It's to bad that you live on the other side of the country, or we could be work-out buddies. I know a lot of women here who go and work out, but they are either in way worse shape than me and I am not getting a good enought work-out, or they are in way better shape than me and I am holding them back. :?:

missyb4ever
09-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Haha, yeah that whole 3000 mile span of US between us might hinder a steady workout schedule :)
Speaking of which, we've slacked off ALL freakin weekend...except today, there is still today. I've been stagnant all week which is GOOD considering I've splurged my happy little tail end off....but not good because that could have been spent losing....so, I am going to start drinking slim fast shakes in the morning as a convenience thing with good nutrition because I've been eating rather poorly for breakfast due to a lack of time. That's what we have Monday, a good day to start new habits :) Hope everyone is accomplishing something this weekend!!!

missyb4ever
09-10-2006, 08:15 PM
I DID IT!!!!! I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!!!! :carrot: :jig: :dancer: I just got home, and of course you ladies are the first ones I need to tell. I pushed the daylights out of myself, but by God, I ran my mile in 10 minutes!!!:encore: I am so proud of myself, and I actually feel really great! I figure I can start making Sun, Tues, Thurs my run days, and the other days I can have the option (with my conscious being my guide) to hit the gym....(which means of course I'll go.) Hubby has a month long school coming up (Warriors Leaders Course for you Army wives who know what I'm talking about,) and I know that will be a nice jumpstart for me to eat right and work out with no distractions and hopefully build up enough habits to not deter from it when he gets home.
I've almost come to the conclusion that if I honestly want to get back to what I was....I need to form a borderline obbssession with fitness/eating/etc. (that includes taking vitamins and drinking my water) So, obbssession here I come!!

Oo..and it's TOM so I'm sure that didn't contribute to my despair on the scale today...I'm assuming by next weigh-in (sunday) I'll see some positive results :goodscale

missyb4ever
09-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Ok ladies, where ya hiding????

Well, today is the beginning of myself kicking my own butt. I have planned out my entire menu for the day, remaining at or below what i want for calories, total fat, cholestoral, etc. taking my vitamins, drinking all my water, working out. I am trying to get my mind into the right frame to stick to this because I've been too wishy washy here over the past couple months. I can't allow myself to splurge so frequently, and I HAVE to really get on the ball losing this weight. Wish me luck. I hope you ladies all did well and saw some results this weekend!!!

married2asoldier
09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey Missy Great job on cracking down on yourself and making a plan. I weighed in this week and only lost 1lb but a 1lb is still a loss.... and i knew it would slow down at times. still doing my taebo everyday and some days pilates for dummies lol. Hope everyone else is keeping on track.
~Amber

ValRock
09-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Can I join in?!

I'm Val, I'm 23... My husband is in the Navy. We just moved from Hawaii to our new duty station in Maryland *BOOOO* We have a 2 year old son named Aidan :). Happy to find you guys!

missyb4ever
09-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Val, great to have you here!!!! Of course you are welcome. I'm sure MD is a shock from HI ~!~ Hope everyone is doing well, it's been kinda quiet in here lately...

Abbeycat36
09-12-2006, 03:32 AM
Hi Everybody...

sorry I wasn't here much on the computer all weekend so I missed posting. We spent some time outdoors just doing different things (hubby and I). He goes away again in October so I want to enjoy him while he's home.

Missy, awesome on the running! I can't run yet.. well, I try small bursts of it but I will work up to more as I get thinner. Make sure you have some good running shoes :hug:

Hi Val nice to meet you! Yes of course you can join in, that's why we're all here! Sorry to hear you moved from Hawaii, sounds like you preferred it there. Right now I am pretty happy where we live, it's beautiful here.

Talk to you all soon! Hope you're all doing well :D

~ Angie

missyb4ever
09-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Angie, Glad you are back!! I wonder why so many are MIA lately...hopefully everyone is ok :) Hey, I was wondering, does anyone have FitDay for PC on their computer?? I am contemplating buying it because i believe in the power of not only tracking your progress, but food journalling and monitoring your goals. It seems like a good deal, but wondered if anyone had used it and had any opinions on it. I like the free version online, but the download has so much more to offer. Hope everyone is doing well, tonight is a run night for me!! And I'm off~

Abbeycat36
09-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Hi everybody ! Hope we're all doing fine.

Me I'm doing pretty well except for gaining back some water weight on the weekend that I'm now trying to flush out. :( Hard to believe I could put on 4.5 pounds in 2 days just from not drinking water huh!?? Yeah, I know, it's crazy! 2 pounds were back off this morning though so I have 2.5 to "P" out before Thursday. WHY OH WHY I don't drink my water on the weekend, KNOWING full well this will happen, I don't know. Grr. :devil:

Missy-

Yes I have the fitday PC version. It is SO worth it, yes. MUCH MUCH better than the online one. I posted a really detailed long review of it about a month ish or more ago.. if you browse through my posts or search maybe you can find it.

Here's a little trick.. When I was logged into the site (when I was using the web version).. I went to read about the PC version because I was thinking of buying it, and it offered me a discount, something like $10 off.. The was $29 and it offered it to me for $19.99 so I bought it.
** I just logged in there now to see if that will still work and yup it does. Log in, and then look at the top of one of your pages and it will say this:
Advanced Weight Loss Software for $20! (and then a link to the page where it will offer it.)

~Angie

*edit*
here's the post about fitday, I found it

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1339393&postcount=4

Abbeycat36
09-14-2006, 03:56 AM
Okay just me bumping this thread back so we don't lose it. Hope everyone's doing fine!

Apolline
09-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Heyyy all...
It has been a crazy week... I worked out once... it was last night, did some walking and running for about 30 min. I haven't really been able to get on a diet plan, I am currently looking for a good meal plan to take the guess work out of it. Any suggestions?
Halloween is coming up, too. I am going to a Halloween costume party, so I have to pick out a costume. I am thinking of being Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. What about you ladies??
I am SOOOO happy that tomorrow is Friday!!!!

Abbeycat36
09-15-2006, 02:11 AM
Apolline

Well, there are several kinds of programs you could try.. too many to list really. Depends on the $ you want to spend of course too. If you have $ and want no guess work, you could try one of those food delivery diets that are out now. They deliver your meals to you and there you go, no guess work.

~ Angie

missyb4ever
09-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Krista, like Angie said, it all depends on how much $ you want to spend, and how much effort you want to put in it, I mean, there is Slim Fast, the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Weight Watchers, LA Weight Loss, Jenny Craig, NutriSystems, you name it. I kinda made my own with bits and pieces that I've learned from Slim Fast & South Beach diet...overall both have relatively healthy eating habits that've made a big change in my life. But, that's all I have time to write right now...I'll write more later.

ssgtswife33
09-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Hi Ladies!!

I am one of the ladies who has been MIA :) I have been so busy that I haven't had to much of a chance to get on here. Things should be back on track for now so I should be posting here everyday or so. I got up early this morning and rode 3 miles on the bike and walked a couple of laps around the complex. I guess that's a good way to start a Friday :) I need to get my butt back in gear...:ebike:

Val~ :welcome: It is really nice to meet you.

Angie~ I haven't been getting my water intake either and your right, it will show on the scale. That shows how important it is for everyone to get there 8-8oz glasses of water. I have been guilty as charged on that topic for the past few days :(

Missy~ How's the running coming along? :tread:

Apolline~ Like the girls said, there are so many different types of meal plans out there. It does depend on how much $$ that you do want to spend. I like Atkins personally. The food that is allowed on Atkins has been what I have always kept in the fridge/freezer so I didn't have to go out and buy anything x-tra or attend any special weigh-ins. However I have heard so many success stories here at 3FC on every single meal plan that is available.

Apolline
09-16-2006, 12:54 AM
I was going for a little bit more low key of an answer. :lol: I found a cookbook that I had bought about a year ago that is all healthy recipies and even had ***TA-DAAAA*** MEAL PLANS! So, it is all taken care of, and my home is fully stocked fo the week. I even took a nice long walk today and then when I was out running errands I bought a pedometer. :running:

I am so impressed at how well everyone is doing!! :cheer:

Abbeycat36
09-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Hey Everybody!

Happy Saturday! Wow can you believe we're almost at October??

ssgtswife33
Hey nice to see you back! Don't worry about it if you're busy and can't make it here. Lately I've found less interest in posting for some reason... not because I'm not on plan or anything like that. I guess I'm just not a _daily_ poster but I do like it here. In the first weeks I needed more support to keep going I guess.
Awesome that you rode 3 miles on the bike. Is that outdoors or do you have an indoor exercise bike? Keep up the good work. And.. YES absolutely, as much as I really never drank a lot of water, I force it into myself these days. Days where I did not drink it, I stagnated for days and days. I put mine in one of those store bought bottles, I find it easier to 'chug' it from one of those! :dizzy:

Apolline
Glad you found some meal plans to start with, that's great. Sounds like you're on the right track for sure. I try to keep my meals kinda simple just cause I am not really a lover of cooking.
I have a pedometer too, and put mine on everytime we go outside walking. I mostly just track the time with mine but it has other features too.

Missy
Just saying "hi" and hope you're doing well. Let me know how it goes with the fitday program :smug:

~Angie

married2asoldier
09-17-2006, 01:06 AM
Hey everyone just checkin in this weekend :) wow its been a productive week but also a icky one it was TOM already lol a week early so that made me not want to work out but i did do my crunches and flutterkicks everyday and i did taebo 5 out of the seven days. Today I picked up a new Taebo tape because the one I had was sooooo old lol and WOW did it kick my butt. Its the two disc total body fat blaster and the fat blaster cardio. Much more intense then my old video but i loved it. How is everyone else doing? stayin strong i hope
~Amber

missyb4ever
09-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Good morning!! I'm still trying to pull myself out of a haze, so sleepy!!! It's been a busy weekend, but today was weigh-in day, & I did it! I've lsot 1 lb so far this month...it's been fluctuating so wildly because I wasn't drinking my water, but I did lose that 1 lb, no to see if I can drop 3 more by the end of the month. I've been fairly good about not eating after 7, and drinking my 64+ oz. of water a day. Those little tea packets are AMAZING!!!! Going to the indoor range with DH today, he got a new gun yesterday as a bday present (you know, you think they play with them enough at work, but noooooooooooooo...) Exactly 14 days left to lose 3 lbs...possibly impossible but I'm trying to stay optimistic. Ran last night, will probably go again tonight, wish we all lived in the same area - we could all go workout together!!
I miss you girls!! Hope everyone is doing ok and staying on target, if you need us we're only a couple of clicks away!!

missyb4ever
09-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Hey ladies!! Hope everyone is doing alright! DH is gone to the field for a week, so that'll give me plenty of opportunity to catch up on laundry and cleaning the house! Also to eat less!!! No pressure to cook :) Well, housework beckons me. Hope ya'll are doing well!!

ssgtswife33
09-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Good Morning ladies!! Happy Tuesday :) I hope everyone is doing okay. Congrats Missy on loosing that pound :carrot: That is so wonderful!! Well, I've got a few things to do before taking the kids to school so I better get going. Everyone take care!! :)

Abbeycat36
09-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi everyone

I haven't been posting much lately in general on the board. Not because I'm not on plan or anything.. just that really I seem to have nothing to talk about I guess. I'm doing fine, and keeping busy with work. Very busy with work actually. :dizzy:

Missy, congrats on your loss, that's good news! I didn't lose anything last week but I did well the 2 previous weeks so no complaints. Not that complaining would change anything huh! ? hahaha Congrats on your tae bo too.

Seems my losses have slowed down a bit but I've sort of drifted into a good pattern that I can handle and stick with, without any mental anguish. I eat well and keep everything logged every day, I just find I'm getting a bit bored with the foods I'm eating. I eat a lot of the same things, to keep it easy really. I KNOW if I eat the same things, it's in the 'safe foods' to eat zone, I guess. Hubby wanted me to make fish tonight but aside from baking it in the oven I dunno what else I could do with it (he was wanting Halibut). Anyone have any ideas for fish that don't include breaded coatings or frying? ( I'm not on atkins).

Thanks and hope everyone's having a good week!! :smug:

~ Angie

missyb4ever
09-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Hey!! Angie, I've always gone by my mom's recipie of baking fish in a glass baking dish with shredded carrots, celery, lemon juice and margarine...plus whatever seasonings you want to put on it...turns out rather yummy especially with the zing of lemon juice. Hope you enjoy!! Down another pound, MAN!! If I could only be this good when hubby is HOME!! grrrrrr

Abbeycat36
09-21-2006, 04:09 AM
Hey missy

Thanks for the advice on the fish exept for the margarine. No more margarine for me.. or butter. I haven't had any since June (except unless they unknowingly put it in my meal in a restaurant). I love my fish with lemon :smug:

I find it easier to plan when hubby isn't home too.. but I'd rather he be home.

~ Angie

Abbeycat36
09-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Okay where is everyone? There's gotta be some military spouses out here!
We were going really well with this thread when it started.

I'm having a good week.. doing lots of walking, staying on plan, etc. Nothing to complain about at the moment which is nice.

Hope you're all doing fine. Just say hi if you're around.

~ Angie

married2asoldier
09-24-2006, 12:03 AM
I'm stoppin in don't really have anything to report except i have been sticking to my eating plan and exercising everyday. My Surprise for the week was yesterday I got a dozen red roses and a balloon from my hubby. Such a nice surprise cause he rarely does anyting like that, I got to talk to him on the phone this morning early like 4:30 out here in Hawaii. Other then that not much going on weigh-in is monday Looking forward to that hopefully I will have a decent loss :) talk to ya all again soon
~Amber

ssgtswife33
09-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Amber~ Wow!! That was very sweet of your hubbs to send you some roses and a balloon. I bet you were on cloud 9 :)

Missy~ Congrats to you on loosing another pound :bravo: :cp: Keep it up!!

Angie~ :bravo: :cp: Congrats to you on your weight loss as well. I see your weigh-in on 9-21 with the 4.5 pounds. Way to Go!!! :)

missyb4ever
09-25-2006, 07:27 AM
Hey ladies!! Sorry I've been MIA this weekend, hubby returned from the field and we spent quite a bit of time away from the house out and about doing things. (plus he kinda banned me from the computer so I would spend all my time with him, hehe)
Nothing to report here, other than I am going to start going to an aerobics class on Mon & Wed with a girl I sit next to at work. This will definately be nice to have an accountability partner, no excuses because I'll have to face her the entire next day!! We'll see how it goes. Not looking like I'm going to meet my Sept. Goal, but weight lost is weight lost right??
~Amber-AWESOME suprise from the DH, glad you were able to talk to him for so long :) Don't ya just love those times??
Everyone else, congrats on sticking to plan!! Keep up the awesome work ladies!

ssgtswife33
09-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Happy Monday Everyone!!:)

I know Monday's are usually the big blah day because of it being Monday but I do hope everyone has a good one.

My hubbs and I are so excited. This Saturday night we're going to see Mariah Carey in concert at the MGM Grand. :cb: I went this weekend and got me an outfit for the concert. I'm really excited about this. This is the first time in a VERY long time that we're going out without the kids.

Everyone.... Keep up the great work!!!

Abbeycat36
09-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Hi Guys

I wasn't on the forum all weekend either!! We were out walking and sight seeing most of the weekend, since the weather is still great.

ssgtswife33
Nice that you'll be going out and that you're excited about it :D
I hope you have a great time!

Missy
Let us know how the classes go! It's nice you have a buddy to do it with that always helps!!

~ Angie

Abbeycat36
09-27-2006, 03:11 AM
Okay where is everyone!

Hope everyone's doing well. Keep in touch!

missyb4ever
09-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Hey ladies, I've been so busy this week, and the stress-eating has been a big problem for me, so I've gained a couple pounds back, but I'm not willing to admit it on my ticker, so we'll just see what sunday says and I will update it from there.
~Angie, LOVE the new pic!! You're so pretty!! :) I love your hair, it's gorgeous!
~Jenn, you lucky duck!! Have fun @ Mariah for me - take some pictures to show us!!!
Keep up the good work ladies, and PLEASE kick my butt for not staying on track this week, I need it!!

ssgtswife33
09-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Hello ladies, I've got famiy visiting this week so I've been pretty busy. My In-laws have never been to Vegas so after I take my oldest son to school, I've been taking them all around town sight-seeing and checking out the strip. I feel like I have walked 20 miles these past few days. *hehe*

Angie~ You look so beautiful in your new pic!!!

Missy~ I can't wait until the concert. It is going to be so much fun. I think after the concert we're going to hang around on the strip and who knows, I might get dangerous and pull out my pennies for the penny slots. *LOL*

Everyone have a good Thursday and Keep up the good work!!!

Abbeycat36
09-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone's doing ok!

Missy ... yeah stress can do that to you. I usually bite my nails which I HATE but on the upside.. I don't EAT them. ew, I know. gross.

There have been a couple of times I went up a few pounds after putting my ticker down but that drove me to get them back off. I did not move my ticker back up cause NO WAY I was letting that happen. My gains mostly seem to be from water fluctuations, mostly from not drinking enough. A couple of weeks back I gained a whole 4.5 pounds over the weekend just from not drinking it!! Took me all week to get rid of it again (that's the week you see "0" as my weight loss)

You'll get rid of the couple of extra pounds you took on. They might be water pounds. :smug:

ssgtswife33
Hey.. I know that disrupts things when people are staying with you! But the good news is at least you were out walking!

We got married last year in Vegas and I found even those penny slots require quite a few pennies at a time so it goes fast!!

Thanks everyone on the comments on my new pic. That's sweet of ya! :D

Anyway just dropping in to say hi before i get down to work for the day. Talk to you all soon! Keep up the good work guys! :carrot:

~ Angie

missyb4ever
10-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey ladies!! Hope everyone is keeping up the good work!! I am going to be REALLY busy this week ,so excuse me if I'm MIA. We have the MP Ball on Friday, and we are having a dual birthday party on Saturday - so I will definately try to keep you posted through this week...keep in touch!!

Apolline
10-03-2006, 02:26 AM
Hey Ladies!
It has been a rough few weeks.. :?: but I am still here. Today was my offical start date. I made it to the gym and the eating was ok, too.
I hope that everyone is doing well. It is a goal of mine to be on here at least once a day to help me stay focused on my goals. ;)
See you all tomorrow, Ladies!! :crazy:

ssgtswife33
10-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

I hope everyone is doing good. I had a fantastic weekend. We went and saw Mariah Carey in concert at the MGM Grand here in Vegas. She was awesome. We had great seats. We were probably about 5 feet from her. My hubbs is a bigger fan then I am, I think he was about to faint. *hehe* Such a fun weekend!! :)

Missy~ We understand... Have a good time at the MP Ball. I know it will be alot of fun.

Apolline~ Glad to see ya back. I've been MIA myself but I'm trying to get back to posting more. I find myself more focused and doing better when I visit here.

Angie~ I agree with you on the penny slots. They still go pretty fast. I'm just glad not as fast as the quarter slots or even dollar slots. Before the concert started, we did have some extra time so we went over and played the slots just for fun.

All you ladies have a wonderful day!!

Apolline
10-04-2006, 01:54 AM
DH and I are planning a trip down to Vegas for this coming Feb. Now I am all excited!! :)
Today was a pretty good day. I got to the gym on a scheduled off day and did 30 min of cardio and an hour of yoga. One of the gyms on post offers free childcare during certian hours and that is my saving grace these days!! Then I came home and made fish, rice, and veggies for dinner! DS can be a picky eater, he prefers chicken and fish as his meats, so that makes dieting even easier. ;)
How did everyone elses day go?

Apolline
10-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Gooooooooooooooooooooood MORNING, Military Wives!!! :goodvibes
How are you all doing today? How was yesterday for you?
Yesterday I made it to the gym for 35 min of cardio and 5 min of stretching.
This morning I packed a healthy lunch and I am about to have a healthy breakfast along with my 2 cups of coffee!:coffee2: :D
I hope today goes well for us all!:carrot:

ssgtswife33
10-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Good Morning Ladies!! :)

Well... I finally did it. I joined a local gym. It is so neat. So many different things there. I'm going to start tomorrow by doing the spin class in the early morning and then do my workout later in the day. My membership includes a personal trainer so he will get me set up with a routine tomorrow too. However hubbs isn't to crazy about it, my trainers name is Tiger. *hehe*

I haven't had the best eating habits these past few days. I had family here which is no excuse but it can make things harder sometimes. Today, I'm starting back fresh. Got my fridge and cabinets stocked so I am good to go. Hopefully now I'll be showing better progress with me starting to go to the gym and starting back to my better eating habits.

Everyone have a great Thursday!!!

Abbeycat36
10-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Hi Everyone!

Me, had a BAAAD week this past week. I gained 6 pounds of water due to TOM. Can't be anything else cause I was a good girl. It was a bad week due to SEVERE PMS. I get the odd really bad month and this was one of them. I felt like I was losing my mind.

ssgtswife33
Congrats on joining the gym, that's really a great step forward! I'm sure your hubby will like it once he sees it is helping you stay on track.
Nice to hear you guys had a good time at your concert. I remember Mariah when she came out with her first song, quite a few yrs ago now. I remember hearing her and WOW what a voice. I liked her earlier music more than the stuff she does these days. Just my taste though - I thought her earlier stuff really showed her talent.

Apolline
Sounds like you're doing really well, keep it up!

Missy
hope you're doing well, keep in touch now and then

Well gotta go prepare supper for hub and myself. He's home today with a sore back and now a headache so you know how that is. Special treatment day!

talk to you all soon!
~ Angie

ssgtswife33
10-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Good Morning Ladies & Happy Friday!!

I must be crazy. I'm catching the 5:00am Spin Class this morning. They have more classes throughout the morning but this gives me time to get back and get my oldest son off to school. I have always heard that the spin classes were fun but yet kicked your butt. Hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow. :)

Angie~ I like all of Mariah Carey's music but I do agree with ya on her earlier songs. She played a few of her earlier hits at the concert and I LOVED IT!!! She has such a powerful voice.

Apolline~ If you haven't been to Vegas yet, you will probably like it. There is so much to do and there is a little bit of everything here. So many shows, casinos, etc.. Very overwhelming that's for sure. :) I haven't been here that long but I'm still trying to get used to everything.

Missy~ I hope things are going good with you. I know your getting ready for the MP Ball. Hope you have a blast!!!

Need to finish getting ready so I'll make it to the Spin Class. Everyone have a wonderful Friday!!

Abbeycat36
10-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi everybody!

It's Saturday! I like that, but I don't like this water I'm carrying, it's driving me nuts. I have to cut out a few possible salty items I think I let creep into my diet. Maybe that will help. I was seeming to 'get away' with having them up until now but.. well you know how these things creep in over time.

One thing I have been eating is the sprinkly stuff you put on popcorn, you know, the flavored stuff? It doesn't say anything about calories on the shaker but it's basically SALT and junk like salt, msg, etc. It was tasting good but it's gotta go into the trash, I guess.

I'll keep you guys updated :dizzy:

Angie

ssgtswife33
10-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Hello Everyone!!

Wow... it's hard to believe that it's Sunday already. This weekend is flying by :( I don't like making excuses but I have been trying so hard to stick with a good eating plan but these past several weeks have been so hard and crazy. Just so many things going on. I would do good for a few days and then bamm!! Well.. I am trying to break that cycle. This is day 4 for me on getting back on the saddle. I've been not only eating better but have been hitting the gym these past 3 days and will be going again today. I'm hoping that will help keep me on track. I'm not only doing workouts but will be attending some of the classes that they offer there like spinning, kickboxing, core-workout, etc.. I find myself doing so much better when I visit this website each day. Whether I post or not, reading about others here and there success stories is so motivating.

Angie~ Hang in there girl. I hate having water retention too. But don't you hate it.. that is things that taste so good is just so bad for us. *hehe* Within time, you will get rid of that extra water. I'm sure you are but make sure your also getting your regular intake of water. I know that's not what you want to hear, more water!! :)

Well, need to go get ready. I have a class in an hour at the gym. Everyone continue to have a great weekend.

jENN~

married2asoldier
10-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Hey Everyone :) Its Sunday Blah All my days run together now and I am surprised I remembered that it was sunday. I have to run some errands and pick up some stuff that Daniel asked for in his next box. Not much going on out here in Hawaii just trying to stay busy and keep exercising. I am still waiting for my resistance bands for the total body fat blaster taebo workout to get here. I ordered them a week ago today and still nothing. I love the workout though so I hope they get here soon I am ready for it to be more challenging. How is everyone else doing?
ssgtwife~Wow a spin class at 5, I get up at 4:30 because thats when my kids wake but I wouldn't be ready for a spin class then.
Hope everyone has a great week. I am always reading the posts I just don't have much to add HAHA so I don't post often
~Amber

ssgtswife33
10-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Just thought I'd drop in and see how everyone is doing. I am very proud of myself. I got up this morning and hit the gym at 5:00am. I didn't do a class but I got me a good workout in. My kids don't wake up until 7-7:30ish so since I'm a morning person, I've been getting up and hitting the gym. My hubbs is at the house with the kids so it makes it a perfect opportunity to concentrate on myself.

Everyone... have a wonderful Monday!! :)

missyb4ever
10-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Ok -brief update, nothing to update as far as weight, I'm going to step on the scale tomorrow morning. This past week was WAY bad as far as eating, no working out, stressed out big time, AND TOM on top of it!! I'm sure I've prob gained a few lbs, but we're getting back on the wagon tonight and working out :) Glad to see everyone is doing so well!!

missyb4ever
10-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Before I run off to work, figured I'd say good luck this morning!!!! I was suprised on the scale this morning to find I'd only gained a lb since last sunday - THRILLED let me tell you!! On a whole new slew of vitamins and water too so - didn't work out last night :( booo for my lack of motivation!! Having a "Pure Romance" party tonight so no chance to work out then either, boo for no time!!

ssgtswife33
10-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Well... I got my workout in for the morning. *YEAH FOR ME*:carrot: I have been doing so good. Eating & Exercise that is. My goal is to hit the gym each and every morning. I won't be weighing myself until the end of the month. I'm sure I'll see some kind of good result by then.

Everyone take care and have a great Wednesday!! :)

ssgtswife33
10-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!

I hope everyone is doing good. It's been quiet here. I can't say too much because I was once MIA.:) I hit the gym this morning and got me a good solid workout plus attended a Pilates class for the first time. I'm trying several of the classes to see what works best for me. I have learned that there jump rope class doesn't work for me.:yikes:

I hope everyone has an awesome Friday!!!

Abbeycat36
10-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Hey everyone,

I haven't been here much lately.. but I'm still doing okay, eating as I'm supposed to.

My weight went up 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I got these new water pills from the doc and they did not work for me, so now I have some other ones and they are working better. I've always had a tendency to hold water. Anyway, good news.. in 2 days since he's given me the other pills, I've lost 6 of the 7.. so I'm almost back to where i was before all of the water.

missy
In the times I find I mentally struggle, I try to stick with something easy to make to eat. I cook chicken and have a chicken sandwich or something like that. Stress times are so hard. Especially PMS stress. UGH . 2 weeks ago I thought I was losing my mind. Just never give up. Rough spots will come and go. They will pass.

ssgtwife
You go! It's really hard to get up early in teh morning to work out. So, good for you! If you have a day where you want to do something, but don't feel like a gym, you could walk outside. I love walking outside these days. Pilates.. ouch that looks like it would be difficult... let us know how it went.

Hope you are all doing well.. I know we all have struggles that come and go. We can all get through it though.

Hope you all have a good weekend :smug:

~ Angie

missyb4ever
10-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement ladies!! ssgtswife, sounds like you are doing great at the gym!! I went to the gym the other night and did a "cardio blast" that I saw in my shape magazine, then hubby & I worked on abs, needless to say I'm still sore...didn't work out last night because it was hubs birthday - went to red lobster but I was good!! And when we went to coldstone for our free birthday ice creams, we got the sinless sweet cream, made with splenda, fat free :) I am doing TONS, and I'm not kidding, TONS of laundry today, and will manage to sneak in a long walk with my puppy for expercise - might hit the gym later if hubby feels up to it. Keep up the good work ladies, I promise to start posting more!!

ssgtswife33
10-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi Everyone!!

Missy~ Sounds like your doing real good. I haven't had coldstone in a very long time. Wow.. "cardio-blast"? That sounds very intense. If you got it from a shape magazine, then it probably was. Keep up the great work!! :)

Angie~ I'm glad to hear that you lost 6lbs. I know that was frustrating gaining that weight from water but I'm glad your almost back to where you were before the water gain. Some people may have lost motivation if they had gained 7lbs (of water). I'm glad you hung. You have great motivation & determination. Keep up the great work!!:)

Well... I need to get going. I have a bodypump class that I'm going to at the gym. Everyone take care and have a wonderful weekend.

missyb4ever
10-15-2006, 02:38 PM
Hey all - despite not being the BEST eater this weekend, I haven't been too horrible, and have managed to stay stagnant which isn't great, but it's better than gaining. By god, I'm going to drop those stupid 2 lbs and get into the 180's by the end of OCT!! I've been drinking TONS of water, and I've been staying pretty active this weekend despite not really getting a chance to work out, so hopefully once I get back into my routine this week, we'll start to see some positive changes. Thanks so much for the encouragement - Angie, you're a freakin superstar!!! Keep up the great work ladies!!!

Mommyof3Spuds
10-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Hello all --

The thread title caught my attention. I'm a proud Army Wife with 3 children. We are stationed at NAS Pensacola. Yes, an Army family at a Naval Station. It's really strange for us here. It's kind of like an American speaking English in England -- the same but different! :D

My third child was born almost 10 weeks ago and while I am at my pre-pregancy weight, I hadn't lost the weight from my second pregnancy and that was almost 2 years ago! So I'm trying the "Fat Smash Diet" and so far so good. I'm just in Phase I. My goal is to have all my weight off by Easter. I would also like to run the St Patrick's Day 5k here. My monthly goal is to lose 8 pounds per month. So, October is good and I'm just getting ahead for November!

Look forward to meeting you all.

Take care,
Bonnie Jean

missyb4ever
10-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Bonnie Jean, WELCOME!! Great to have you here. I'll tell you right now, we have phases, we come and go, sometimes life catches up and someone is MIA for a few days, but we always keep tabs on eachother, so don't feel bad if life catches up with you and you can't post frequently. However, when you need support, that's one of the things we rock at. I've found that when I'm MIA, my weight and my motivation suffers, it really helps having these girls around, and hopefully we can provide that help to you too!!! Keep up the good work ladies, I'm off to work :-)

married2asoldier
10-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Hello Everyone, Back after an exciting day in the Islands yesterday.... Earthquake and then a power outage for 16 hours made for a long day with a two year old and a 3month old. Especially since it was raining and we couldn't go outside all day. Happy to Report I am down another 4 pounds. Does anyone else have weeks where its like one pound or nothing and then the next week its a lot? That seems to be the pattern for me. Hope everyone else had a better sunday then I did. Talk to you all soon
~Amber

ssgtswife33
10-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi Ladies!!

:welcome: Bonnie Jean Nice to have a newcomer on board :) I too am an Army Wife. We got stationed here in Las Vegas. No Army base around here, only Air Force Base so I know what you mean. Something that you will find here is alot of support, inspiration and motivation. All the girls here are wonderful. Glad to have a new family member on board. Again, Welcome!! :)

Amber~ First of all, :congrat: on your 4lb loss!! I've gone thru the same thing you have. There might be a week or two that I don't loose any but then another week goes by and I may loose 3 or more. It all varies. Just remember when you see that scale say 0lbs loss, don't let it intimidate ya and discourage you. If your working out, you may not loose pounds but you may loose inches. Just something to keep in mind. I bet that was 16 long hours with no power... especially with the kids.

missy~ You've got alot of determination!! I think by the end of the month, you will have lost more then those 2lbs. Keep up the good work!! :)

Angie~ You have been quiet lately but I hope your doing good.

I'm still hitting the gym each and everyday. I mainly go in the morning. I figured if I wait until later in the afternoon, I might start making excuses. I hope everyone is staying strong. Girls, keep up the good work!! :)

Abbeycat36
10-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi Everybody!

Yes I'm still here! I'm doing fine, just busy with a lot of work these days.
Hubby goes away again next Friday, for 6 weeks. Not looking forward to that but.. what can ya do?

WELCOME to Bonnie Jean! Hi! Nice to see you here. Congrats on your new baby :smug: 8 pounds is a good goal per month, I think. Some months you may have more, some less. So far it's that way for me, at least.

married2asoldier
To answer your question about the weekly losses.. yes I have a LOT of 0 weeks, and then the other weeks seem to make up the difference. I have water retention issues, so I think that's the reason for me. Don't let it get you down. It is hard sometimes. When I'm having a down day, I try to remember that it is probably just that, a bad day. The next day will look brighter. :cool: Sorry to hear you were in Hawaii during the earthquake. Thank goodness it wasn't worse. I feel bad for everyone who is there, but thankfully it's just 'stuff' that got damaged and not people.

ssgtswife33
Good for you on doing the gym early in the morning.
If you find that's the time you have the most motivation to get it done.. stick with that. It's tough but I bet you feel good about yourself after you've done that each time. Me, I prefer working out in the afternoon, or at around 8 pm. Depends on which type of exercise I end up doing that day.

I started a painting class last week, on Thursday mornings. I did painting back in High School (yrs ago now hehe) and I wanted something to do while hubby went away this time. I like it so far. I work from home via the internet (I'm a graphic designer) so I don't get outside much except for grocery shopping, etc so this is a nice change. It's nice to do something different. I took the day class because I don't like driving at night. I usually work in the morn but I can make the time up when I get back, since it's only 2 hours.

Well I hope you're all doing fine. Me, I'm doing really good and zooming right along to my Christmas goal!

Oh yeah speaking of holidays!... eekkk Halloween is coming up. Usually that's a rough patch for me because I really love the treats. We have no kids, but usually (in the past) I'd always buy extra treats to make sure I get some myself. Well this year I decided I'm only buying candies I don't really like. So, no bars, no chips, etc. I'll be buying sour candies, suckers, etc. Sorry kids.. I'd buy bars, but..

Ok phone's ringing so gotta run for now
Talk to you all soon!

~ Angie

missyb4ever
10-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey girls!! Glad to see you back Angie :) Well, let's see, I've been going to the gym, drinking my water (for the most part, some days it's way more than I need, some days it's right at 64oz) and taking my vitamins, and I've been trying REALLY hard, but not hard enough to eat right - I've slipped quite a bit this week and I'm pretty ticked at myself inside about that. I agree with Angie, having this candy around is driving me bananas - I wish I would have had that idea Angie, would have saved me a lot of angst!
Needless to say, this has been a very stagnant week for me - I've neither gained or lost weight which is frustrating - but I guess I can only stick with it and get bette at my eating habits. Keep up the good work, it's inspirational to see you all doing so well - talk to you soon!

Abbeycat36
10-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Hey everybody!

Missy.. well at least if you're going thru a rough patch and haven't gained.. then that's not so bad. Try not to feel bad.. just try to improve what you know you're not doing well on. The bad feelings will just fester and it won't help.. it might make you slip. I try the best I can for the week I'm having. Some weeks are stellar weeks, some are not. But never give up. Sounds like you're doing a lot of really good things anyway. Drinking water, working out. The focus is right on.. so maybe you're just off this last week or so.
I've heard that the success formula is 80% diet, and 20% exercise. I try to remember that as a guide. I exercise a little on most days, but I know as long as my food intake is good, I'm doing fine if I mess up on something else like the exercise now and then. The water thing I still have a bit of struggle with though. I do drink MORE than I would before going on this program but it's still probably less than I should have.

Hope everyone else is doing fine! C'mon jump in!

Boooo hoo my hubby is going away again for 6 weeks on Oct. 30. I hate that but at least the good news is he'll be back before Christmas holidays.

~ Angie

Mommyof3Spuds
10-20-2006, 03:17 PM
DH has been on TDY since October 10 and when he called last night he said he should be back on the 28th and not the 29th!! :carrot:

I'm still doing well, but have promised not to get on the scale :goodscale until Friday! We will see if I can wait that long! :D

Hope you are all well.

Take care,
Bonnie Jean

missyb4ever
10-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey girls!!! Well - I slacked off on the working out last night - but I am going jogging in about 45 minutes tonight, and for once - I was under on calories, fat, sodium, EVERYTHING today!!!! I actually felt like I ate a ton of food too which made it all the more awesome!! I'm really glad, but still bummed because the weight is still there and it's not going anywhere. I really gotta do something, this is driving me nuts- but I'm being impatient because I started working out last week pretty hard, I know I've got to give it time.

Bonnie Jean - don't ya love it when they get to come home early?

Angie - Awesome on the painting class :) And I"m glad hub will be home before Christmas - my hub is going to school (WLC for you Army wives) and is leavin Nov. 13th will be back Dec. 15th (in my mind, this will give me a month long jump start to lose some weight and work out like crazy before the holidays!!)
KEPP UP THE GOOD WORK GIRLS!!!

missyb4ever
10-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey girls!!! Quiet weekend here! Well, I went jogging the other night and did my 1.5 mile run in 15:10 which is above what i need to pass, but still putting me in the "satisfactory" range which is NOT "satisfactory" for me - had a bad weekend food wise, so DH & I decided to go back to cutting out the carbs - not totally, but staying away from the refined flours, and really sticking to meat, cheeses, and veggies since that seems to be where we see our results, and we don't miss the starches until we re-introduce them and get used to them all over again but once they are gone, we're just fine. Also need to really watch it with the sugars - gotta go back to sugar free/splenda stuff. Hopefully I will quit being such a loser and lose these damned two pounds that are totally dragging me down - I've GOT TO GET MY FAT REAR END OUT of the 190's, it's killing me, I shouldn't be here, and my will power just SUCKS lately!!
Well, I hope you all have done better than I have this weekend, let's hear some inspiration!!

Mommyof3Spuds
10-24-2006, 10:36 PM
Just checking in to say hello:wave:!! It's been a tough week. I'm having issues with my in-laws and it is making me want to comfort myself with food, but I've been good! I think I would rather lose weight then get fat worrying about them!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean

missyb4ever
10-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Bonnie Jean -ahhhh - I feel your pain!! this week has been really stressful, GOOD FOR YOU though on not eating to comfort yourself - now kick my butt and make sure I don't stray!! I've been really good about avoiding carbs this week, but not so great on working out :(

Mommyof3Spuds
10-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Well, Missy, maybe we can kick each other's butt into a workout or two! I just have been so preoccupied with everything else! Especially with dh gone. He hasn't been gone this long since he was deployed to Iraq! I'm starting to miss him! LOL

I also couldn't stay off the scale. :( But lucky me, :D I lost another 3 pounds, for a total of 16 pounds! I am so excited! I haven't seen these numbers on the scale since I was pregnant with my second child! :carrot: I'm thinking I'm going to be looking pretty good for New Years:newyear:!!

married2asoldier
10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Hey Everyone Just wanted to check in :) Man Halloween bites with the candy in the house makes me want to stay home and not take Hailee trick-or-treating. But that would make me a mean mommy since she already has her costume, we are not going very many places though. They are going to have something for the kids at the quad so I think we will go there and then come home and give the candy away that we get to the trick or treaters we have here at the house.... haha. Anyways I am some how down 4lbs this week even though aunt flo has arrived.... which i am amazed about but I think that it has a lot to do with having got my resisitance bands to go with my taebo tapes. Man does that make the workout intense. Hope everyone else is staying strong. Have a good rest of the week :)
~Amber

Clydegirl
10-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Just thought I'd introduce myself.My OH is air force and we are stationed in Illinois.
I am a big yoyo dieter. This time I need to get the weight off and keep it off.Saw my doctor yesterday and I need to get my cholesterol down.He's referring me to dietary and if I don't lower it I will need to go on meds.I also have high blood pressure and am on meds for that and it is coming down.
So I'm at that time in my life that I need to get serious with my weight.
I am originally from Scotland. Have 3 girls 18,15 and 10.
Looking forward to getting to know you all. This is a first time thing for me doing the posting on a forum.

Abbeycat36
10-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Hi everybody,

Gee I didn't post here at all this week. But I have been working a LOT this week so I guess that's my excuse.

Hope everybody is doing a-okay!! Me, I'm doing fine, though I haven't done any exercise yet today, so I'm gonna keep this short so I can go and do that before the night is over.

~ Angie

Welcome Clydegirl, nice to see you here!!!!!

missyb4ever
10-27-2006, 09:50 AM
First of all, a heart-felt :welcome3: to all the new girls - I haven't been all here this week due to possibly changing jobs, and feeling under the weather and beating myself up :frypan: for not sticking to either my eating or my workout plan as well as I wanted to this week. Good news is, I DID work out :lifter: , and I DID eat right, about 75% of the time, but that's just me making excuses for my bad behavior, so SHAME on me!! I know I won't meet my OCT goal which SUCKS, I can't even lose 2 lbs in a month, come on, I'm seriously kicking myself for this one because it's my fault. I'm not going to make any more promises, other than I will try. This time of year is so hard, and I'm finding that I'm turning to food when I am stressed out - I need to figure something else out!! Hope you are all doing well :) Have a super weekend!!!

Mommyof3Spuds
10-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Welcome Clydegirl!! Glad you are here to share with all of us!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean

married2asoldier
10-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Happy Halloween!!! No scale movement for me this week. It was TOM though so that probably is most of the reason. Wish it only came like everyother month LOL it seems like i am going great and then bam there it is and progress stalls. Since I had my second baby in june I am down 68lbs i was wondering if anyone else has problems seeing their loss when they look in the mirror??? I mean how long is it going to take for it to register in my mind lol that i have lost weight and I am not as heavy as I was at the end of june. Anyways just seem to be losing motivation so I thought I would come read posts and make one of my own. Hope everyone else is doing good!
~Amber

Clydegirl
10-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Happy Halloween. Everyone got their candy ready. At the moment it's out of sight out of mind, so it doesn't bother me.Tomorrow may be a different story.
My OH is gone this week so I will be going out with my youngest and then coming home and giving out candy. I do enjoy it though, all the wee ones coming to the door dressed up. Don't like the teenagers with the pillowcases so much. They only get a small piece of candy.

Thanks for the welcome all the support helps.

missyb4ever
11-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Well, this week has been an especially hard one. I think the upcoming TOM caused me to gain quite a bit of water weight, which is HIGHLY discouraging, plus the stress of getting ready to quit my current job and start a new one isn't helping, also DH is getting ready to go to school for a month - so lots of stress to deal with makes for not a great weight loss story. BUT - it helps to see everyone else is doing so well - hope to catch up soon!

Abbeycat36
11-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Hey everybody,

I haven't been spending much time on here. Hope everyone's doing okay.

Missy that's a lot of change all at once. Take it a day at a time, conquer a craving one at a time if you get them. I had a bad craving the other day as I drove near the Subway restaurant. I was craving one of those bacon & egg breakfast sandwiches ( I used to eat those often). I didn't get one. Mostly because I reasoned if I ate that.. well, I'd already had oatmeal for breakfast earlier, and then those calories would seriously cut into the rest of my days cal allowance. I just sat tight and told myself that the craving would pass. I drove home, and it was okay. Whew I'm glad I didn't eat one.

PMS is coming for me within the next week or so, I can feel it creeping up on me. I get these crazy crazy dreams/nightmares for about a week.. and they've started. There's always one disaster or another in my dream - last night I was hiding behind a dumpster because I'd walked into a situation where someone was getting shot, and I was hiding so they wouldn't see me. YIKES that's (hopefully) nothing I'm used to seeing in real life. WHERE does this stuff come from??? I looked online and the websites I read says this is in fact a PMS symptom. CRAZY. I hate it.

Anyway, hubby left again on Monday for 6 wks so boo hoo to that. I hate it. I always do. I think I would mind less if I could talk to him more.. but hey if I can ask for things, it'd be nice if he didn't go for more than 2 wks at a time. I am being selfish I know.. some are gone MUCH longer than 6 wks. right now. I feel for you wives/husbands of those gone away for so long.

I'm sticking to the plan, but I think I'm at a bit of a 'pause'. I won't say it's a plateau yet, but things have slowed down for a while. I went for a nice walk yesterday, which helped me mentally. Also I measured myself again - first time was end of August. I lost a BUNCH of inches all over, I should add them all up. Anyway, that felt good, cause I have not lost a lot of actual pounds in the last month, but the inches definitely are going. My original pants that I have had since I started, they are very loose, the legs in them don't stick to me at all anymore (they used to stretch tight). so woo hoo to that huh! I see lots of differences in little things as I go along.

married2asoldier:
I haven't lost as much as you have, but I do see a small difference in my face. You probably do too, I bet if you took similarly posed photos from the beginning to now. You just get used to it daily in the mirror so it's not as apparent, I bet. Keep taking photos and comparing them. Try on clothes that you had before you lost, that will show you I bet. Remember though, when you lose it's all over, a little here, a little there. Think about where you last filled out on your body the most.. usually you'll lose that first. (at least it happens that way for me). Don't lose motivation! You're doing great. I know we are all hardest on ourselves. But wow that's almost 70 pounds girl!

Clydegirl: hope your halloween candy stayed away from your lips! hehe
Me, I had a couple of pks of liquorice (the red stuff) but otherwise I did okay. I did not buy my 'favorites' - the bars and chips. I knew that would be my undoing. Unfortunately since hubby is gone, I had to do the treat thing for the kids - otherwise I would have made him do it and I would not be near the candy.

Hope everyone's having a good day. I have my weekly painting class this morning but otherwise it's a pretty quiet day work wise. I'll probably go for another walk this afternoon if it does not rain too hard. If it does I will exercise at home.

Bye for now everyone.. keep up the good work :hug:
~ Angie

Clydegirl
11-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Hi everyone hope you all are having a good week. My first week weigh in and I lost 7lbs. The first week is always a good one.

Angie the halloween candy is in my kitchen away from my reach. I've had a couple of pieces, the bite size ones.

I'm trying to increase my exercise.I started walking again and I also go to Curves.

I have to go to a healthy heart class because of my cholesterol.There's 3 classes once a month through January.Will be interesting to see what they have to say.

It's time to get serious with my weight one day at a time.

Hugs everyone.

ssgtswife33
11-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Good Morning ladies!!

It's been awhile since I've posted. Everything is going pretty good. I have been working out 5-6 days a week about 2hrs each day and just started walking 3+ miles a day on top of that. I just need to get a little better on my water intake and eating. I've been lazy about getting prepared ahead of time so not being focused has steared me in the wrong direction. I'm hoping I can get that back under control.

Clydegirl~ :congrat: on the 7lb loss. That is awesome!!! Keep up the great work!! :)

missy~ hang in there girlie!! I know you have got alot of things you are juggling right now. Just take it little by little.

angie~ my weight has paused a little too. It is kind of discouraging but yet I can tell that I have lost inches. It's very noticeable so that is a plus but I just wished I could have lost a few pounds too. I need to invest in a tape measure and start measuring myself. Doing that and seeing the numbers lower can be just a encouraging as a scale I think.

I hope everyone is doing good. Everyone stay focused. We can all do this!! :)

Mommyof3Spuds
11-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Hey there ladies! I've been MIA for a few days, but back on track! Had some mad cravings and gave in. So, I'm hoping not to have a gain this week! I will find out tomorrow!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean

married2asoldier
11-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey Ladies How is everyone? Been days since there has been a post so i thought i would check in

ssgtswife33
11-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!!

It's been a few days since I posted last so wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. My exercising has been awesome lately. Hitting the gym everyday and then walking 3+ miles in the afternoon. I am just having some trouble staying focused on my eating. It really hasn't been to good. However today is a new day and I'm going to try and stay focused. I keep telling myself " I CAN DO THIS!! " I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Everyone stay STRONG!! :):)

Clydegirl
11-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Hello everyone hope you've all had a good week. I've increased my exercise this week, walking more and picking up the tempo at Curves. It must have helped as I lost 3lbs this week.

I have to go and see the nutritional medicine people next week for a class on cholesterol. I'll let you know how it goes.

I am feeling much better about myself mentally and physically.

Ssgt's wife your weight loss is amazing congratulations.

Abbeycat36
11-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey everybody!

Wow everyone here is doing really well, I'm looking at your tickers. They will come off one stubborn pound at a time. It all adds up, don't forget that, if you ever feel blue. :D

Well, my hubby has been gone now for a couple of weeks. First week was harder this time than the last time he went away. I thought I remembered the first week being the easy week last time. Now that it's been a couple of weeks I guess I'm back in my 'alone' patterns so I am doing okay. I wish I could talk to him more on the phone though. So far only 2 calls once when he was at a port stop. I am not complaining at all though - there are many ladies (maybe even some of you) who won't have their hubby around for much longer. I feel for you, and I hope you're hanging in there okay. Just remember when he comes back it will be so good!!

I'm still doing A-okay over here. I have been keeping up with my exercise and doing some walks outside on the days it does not rain like crazy. I actually prefer walking outside to walking on my treatmill.

I'm going to a little thing tomorrow called a "pampered chef" party. Hopefully I won't spend a lot of cash but still come home with something neat.

Hope you're all havin a great weekend :cool:

~ Angie

married2asoldier
11-12-2006, 11:23 AM
I had a great NSV yesterday!
Yesterday was an awesome day! The kids and I got to see Daniel on a Big Screen TV the talking wasn't the best because of the Delay but it was so good just to see him there. Man it made me so happy. Hailee was really excited too. He called me afterward so we could talk some more cause we hadn't really talked much in the ten mins they give you to VTC and he said honey you are losing so much weight you look beautiful!!!!!!! I wanted to cry cause I can't see the difference and in all actuallity have hit a plateau and wasn't sure if i wanted to keep trying but after that statement from his mouth I will keep on going just to hear some more compliments haha.... and of course for the health benefits but LOL lets be serious I love those compliments from him!!!!!

ssgtswife33
11-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Good Morning Ladies & Happy Monday!!

married2asoldier~ Awwww..... That is so wonderful. Not only getting a chance to see him on TV but for him to see what you are achieving and to tell you that your loosing so much weight and you look beautiful. WOW!! That right there is not only wonderful but is so motivating. How much longer is he going to be gone? Keep up the wonderful work. Your doing a wonderful job!!!!

married2asoldier
11-14-2006, 03:04 AM
He will be gone for 9 more months at least as long as they don't get extended.... Praying for no extention! Oh it just made my DAY!

Abbeycat36
11-14-2006, 03:49 AM
Hey everybody,

That's great news about the video conference you had. That must have REALLY helped you keep going. I hope you'll be able to get to do that every once in a while. 9 months is a long time but just take it as it comes. You have a great amount of time to just blow his socks off by the time he gets back!! And hey he's noticed already! Woo hoo thats so great. :D

I see your ticker there says 42 (if my memory is correct) That is a great amount and yeah I bet that others would notice much more than you would. You see yourself every day and you're looking for it. It's really nice that you had a good day, and it encouraged you to keep going. :cool:

~ Angie

Chiema
11-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi! I just wanted to say hello. I too live in Virginia. Wanted to give you a word of encouragement. :carrot: Just cheering you on!:)

Chiema
11-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Married2asolider....I am in the same boat! My husband too is gone. I have not seen him since January 2, 2006 at 11:45 AM. But he'll be home soon. (In the middle of January)

Whe he left I was at my starting weight and as you can see below I still have a long way to go but I can see a difference now and I know he will too. Thank God he loves me for me! Hang in there time will go by quicker than you think!

married2asoldier
11-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Way to go Sandy you have made great progress! This isn't my first year long deployment its my second in the three years that we have been married so I know how it goes. I'm counting down those days till R&R which we think :fingerscrossed: will be in Jan so thats not too much longer to go. Hope everyone else is staying on track. Abbey You took off your weekly weigh in's on your sig are you not doing that anymore?

Chiema
11-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Well you are stronger than me! I would go crazy. I applaude you. :D I hope that your husband makes it home for R&R. Mine didn't:( But I've mostly gotten over now. Two months and he's home..YEAH!!!

I'm very excited about being here with all you guys. I have needed a support group for so long. I'm progressing but slowly!

missyb4ever
11-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Hey girls - WELCOME to the group Sandy!! Everyone else CONGRATS on your weight loss....I have been MIA for awhile because I had a pretty high gain and it was being VERY stubborn coming off - and to be honest, I was a little ashamed to come in here until I got that weight back off, but I realized that was childish and I am going to come back and get what I started this group for - some @$$ chewing and some motivation!! I let stress get the best of me and convenience took presidence over health - SO, now that I've learned that, 3 of the 7 lbs I gained are gone, the rest should fall off this week the way I'm working out and drinking water like I'm a camel who's going to be walking the Sahara for 3 years....no excuses. I've been practicing doing some pushups because I'll have to do atleast 20 for the Navy Reserves which I am in the process of joining. A week ago I could BARELY push out ONE, and I mean I'd go down and couldn't push back up - so I'd practice doing some on knee assist. Well, yesterday I busted out TWO real pushups NO problem, the third was a tad bit of a struglle, but then I popped off the rest of my assisted like nothing!! Hopefully by the time hubby gets home in December from school, I can push out atleast 10 for him :) Anyways, once again I'm sorry for being such a poop-head - promise I'll be better now!

married2asoldier
11-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Just wanted to stop in and see how everyone is doing. I have changed some things up and cut out some unnecessary snacks that I had been eating along this journey and its helped me to lose 3 pounds this week so that was nice. Its been quiet here for a couple of days so I thought I would check in. Have a great Sunday!

ssgtswife33
11-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Good Morning ladies!!

I have been pretty busy lately but had a few extra minutes so I thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is doing.

Missy~ That's awesome what your doing. Pushups are pretty hard. Keep up the good work. Who knows, when your hubby gets back, you might can give him the whole 20 :)

If I don't get a chance to post again before Thursday, I wish everyone a nice and wonderful Thanksgiving!! :thanks1: :turkey:

missyb4ever
11-22-2006, 07:46 AM
I hit 190 this morning!!!! OMG, I am going to work so HARD and I WILL bust into the 180's this weekend, DESPITE Thanksgiving, yes - I know this is a tall order, but I am going to be REALLY good!!! I just have to tell myself, everything in moderation....everything in moderation. I am just so stinking estatic that I am down to 190!! Hope everyone else is as excited about this week as I am!! Keep up the good work ladies!

ssgtswife33
12-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Wow!! Nobody has posted in over a week. I hope everyone is doing good. Missy, Congrats to you on hitting 190. Your hard work and determination really paid off. Keep up the hard work and you will definitely hit your next mini-goal by Christmas. :)

I had slacked off for a long time but I have my sis staying with me for a couple of months and she has become my workout partner so today makes it day 6 back on Atkins and day 6 going full force at the gym. I'm really pushing myself so I can see positive results. Not only on the scale but in body definition also. Everyone, stay strong and motivated. Keep up the good work!!

Apolline
12-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Missy - Congratulations on a your weight loss!!

I feel like I have been away from here for forever! I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!! I went home to be with my family for that week, and there wasn't any snow, which is unusual for that area. I was irritated, but as we flew in last Sunday there was snow here at home! :lol: It was nice.
I have been on a weight loss "break". I did have a pretty good work out today, so that is good news! How is everyone else doing today??

missyb4ever
12-07-2006, 01:02 PM
I guess with the holidays, things are getting more hectic and such - so I apologize for not posting for quite awhile. CONGRATS on everyone's motivation, it's so inspiring!!! I have been doing little workouts here and there at the house, but haven't actually hit the gym in several weeks :( booo for me. Hubby comes home next week THANK GOODNESS!!! Keep up the good work and I will try harder to post more often.

missyb4ever
12-10-2006, 09:53 AM
I DID IT!!!!! I hit 189 this morning!!!!! It took a little longer than I anticipated, but I was also slacking off. SO! Now that I've hit it, I'm determined more than ever to KEEP it, especially now that I only have 14 lbs to go to reach my goal. I am PUMPED - just wanted to share. Hope everyone is staying warm and having a wonderful weekend :)

Apolline
12-12-2006, 07:39 PM
A big :woohoo: for leaving the 190s behind!! Hopefully I am not far behind you. :) The past two days I have had some really good workouts and I hope that everyone else has been doing well, too!
My biggest issue is FOOD! I have a hard time coming up with healthy meals that I like that my son will eat, too. Any suggestions??? :?

Apolline
12-14-2006, 02:21 AM
:snowball:

Hey y'all!! How has everyone been doin' these days?? I know the holidays are hard but the big ones are almost over....
HANG IN THERE!!!!;) :hug:

:snowfight

gremlina
12-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Hi ladies. I never saw this thread before for some reason on here. Hope ya'll don't mind my joining. My name is Stacey. My hubby is AD AF and we are stationed overseas in Germany. At the moment I am trying to lose weight to join the military myself when we PCS back to the States in the summer.

married2asoldier
12-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey Ladies wow its been a long time since I have been on here. Some stuff has happened and I felt like a big slacker I guess thats why I haven't posted. I hurt my back and couldn't exercise for a week blah. But I haven't completely gone off track I am down 5 lbs since I last changed my ticker so that makes me feel good. Hope everyone else is doing good. Daniel is coming home on leave in Jan I think he will be real surprised to see me LOL. He has only seen pics from the neck up where ya can notice a big change lol but wait till he sees the rest of me haha.

christy7981
12-21-2006, 08:06 AM
hey guys I am new and my husband will be home in march. I am in a race to see if I can loose another twenty pounds before then! I am so nervous!

Abbeycat36
12-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Hey everybody!

I'm still kickin around here but I'm just yo yo-ing on my same few pounds for some reason. Truth be known I'm not working "hard" I'm just "working". You know what I mean? Sticking to my plan but not working out as much as I could, etc. So.. not seeming to be losing much at all.

Congrats on those of you I see are doing well, awesome job! :)

Christmas won't likely be too hard to get through. I don't have kids and family with a bunch of treats around me so it's prob less temptation than some have. I'm glad about that.

Hope you're all doing well and I see we have a new person up a few posts! Welcome! and yes, anyone feel free to post of course, no official invites needed here.

~ Angie

christy7981
12-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Oh my goodness! I had a goal of losing eight pounds by new years and I hit it today! I cant believe it I am two pounds away from my halfway mark and my husband comes home in nine weeks! My next goal is to loose another sixteen pounds before he comes in, being able to tell him look babe I have lost fifty pounds since september will be worth its weight in gold to me!!! I am so happy right now I want to cry!

ssgtswife33
01-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Good Morning Everyone and Happy New Years!!!

Clydegirl
01-08-2007, 09:35 PM
I haven't posted in here for ages. Hope everyone had a good christmas and new year.

I haven't been well and am on prednisone and painkillers for a bulging cervical disc. So have not been able to exercise either. I have managed to lose weight because the pills made me feel so awful and I have not been eating so much as I normally would. Things are getting better now.

Gremlina where are you in Germany?

Christy congrats on your weight loss. I'm sure you will be successful getting the other 16 off.

gremlina
01-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Clydegirl-We are in Western Germany near the Lux. border. But our time here is winding down..we've been here 2.5 years.. I am anxious to PCS back to the States. It really has been hard for me to lose weight here in Germany.. I actually gained 35 lbs. over here..I am now back to the weight I was when I first came to Germany...But I wanna lose more and have been around the same weight for a few months now..

Hope everyone is having a great New Year. :-)

sooooperbizee
01-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi, can I join?

DH is in Iraq at the moment. No idea when he will be home, thinking Sept. 1 they leave country. He's asking for leave in March, we'll see. I'm trying really hard to get all this extra weight off before he comes home. What a great surprise for my hero!

ssgtswife33
01-13-2007, 04:43 PM
:welcome: sooooperbizee!! There is always room here :) The more, the merrier. That would be so good if he does get a chance to take some R & R in March. Will he be able to come home during that time?

Everyone keep up the good work!!

sooooperbizee
01-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome! My baby just got a promotion this week! Yipee!!!

Yes, he will come home if possible.

Spent the day with no electricity (ice storm), makes me miss him all the more!

lilmrsmullen
01-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Hi i hope youdont mind me joining this thread, My hubby is a US Marine station in NC. I live here in the UK, so the distance adds to my stress, i get stressed, depressed and eat. A visious circle.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Hi ladies i joined here a while back (as you can see from my post above) but life took over, i am still here in the UK, hubby has just deployed on the MEU for 6 months so using this 6 months as my goal to drop the weight i need. Just wanted to say hi, again, and hat i will be sticking around this time i need all the support i can get.

ssgtswife33
01-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Glad to see you back lilmrsmullen :) I've been in and out of here not posting nearly what I should but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things now that the holidays are over.

christy7981
01-16-2007, 08:43 AM
I have a question, I am wondering for those girls that have lost alot of weight like you ssgtswife. Does cellulite get better the more weight you loose? I know it never goes away but does it get better? I was also wondering if strength training helps improve the sagginess factor? I am not too bad but enough for me to wonder. lol

Abbeycat36
01-17-2007, 03:39 AM
Hi everybody...

I haven't posted here in a DOG's age but I'm still on the wagon :-)

Just a quick hi and hope everyone's doing well. I'm just busy with work these days so I'll be back around when I have more time.

gremlina
01-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi ladies! How are you all doing? I have been crazy busy getting ready for our PCS back to the States..talk about being stressed. I don't know if I mentioned before or not but my DH is transferring to the Army from the Air Force and we are stationed overseas in Germany..so the process is twice as complicated... Anyways...hope all are well!

christy7981
01-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Ok So I Made It Past My Halway Mark But My Husband Is Coming Home In The Beg Of March Forty Five Day I Think. I Dont Know If I Can Loose Another Twelve Pounds Before Then! I Signed Up With A Personal Trainer And I Start On Tuesday Because I Have Lost 38 Pounds But I Havent Been Working Out At All. I Used To Be In Top Shape Because I Was In The Army Myself but I Got Pregnant And Gained 140 Pounds . I Feel Like Yeah I Am Loosing The Weight But I Am Missing Out On The Being In Shape Thing. I Remeber When I Got On The Scale Before Delivery And It Said 272! So I Am Almost 100 Pounds Away From That Now. But Then Again My Son Is Four! Oh Well I Guess When You Loose It You Loose It Right? Whatever I just want him to be shocked and I think he will because last time he saw me I was in a size XL shirt and eighteen in pants and right now I am in a medium dress shirt and size twelve pants. I had my body fat done (it really wasnt all that bad at my biggest because I have so much muscle) but right now its 27% so all in all my measurements have gone down more drasticaly than my weight. My friend and I are around the same height and we have been doing ww together since october and she is in a bigger size but the same weight as me. I am just worried once I start working out my muscles will get bigger again. I have that issue since I was born. I tend to build muscle really fast. The guy that did my body fat said that he was shocked at the amount of muscle on my body lol I dont know if that was a complement or he was meaning look at this fat chick with all this hidden muscle! But anyways I am hoping to be able to tell him I have lost fifty pounds since October when he comes home, guess I will just have to wait and see.

christy7981
01-22-2007, 06:20 PM
ok so I have a question what are kcal ? are they the same as regular calories? Thanks

sooooperbizee
01-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi ladies! Prayers for the families who have recently lost members in Iraq. My hubby's unit lost a couple of guys. I am counting our blessings!

Christy, we have the same goal, 50 lbs. lost by the time he comes home! Mine isn't due home until September, but could be home in March for leave, maybe.

How's everybody else doing? Just updated my ticker, check it out!!!!!! I'm doing the happy dance!

gremlina
01-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well! I know how you all feel about losing weight before they come home...Last deployment Dh went on I said I was going to lose so much weight and I only ended up losing maybe 20 lbs..but then that was in 6 mo. I am finally halfway to my overall goal though..

married2asoldier
01-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Hello Everyone.... New and Old.... Its been almost a month since I have posted heck maybe longer. I have gained 5lbs but I'm not worried I am still doing really great on my plan and exercising. Daniel came home on leave for the past two weeks and he was shocked to say the least. I had lost 50lbs in 5 months so it was a shock for him to see me. He was like you seem so much more confident I love it. I was like good haha I love it to. Now I have 6 more months to make my first goal of 180ish. I haven't been there since before I got pg with my two babies so hopefully I can make it before he gets home from this deployment and give him another big shocker LOL. How is everyone else doing?
~Amber

christy7981
01-31-2007, 06:47 AM
ok gals I was whinning over nothing to you all but thanks for listening. So I started with my personal Trainer and he is tough! He told us to keep a journal of what we were eating. He saw mine and was like awsome. I am doing ww and I was alittle worried since I normally count points not calories. In the end I guess I have been eating from 1200-1280/ a day. so that was suprising. I was so worried like I said before of gaining weight. Well yesterday was my weigh in day and I got on the scale and was so shocked I almost fell back off the scale. lol I have lost six pounds in a week! I told him this yesterday at training and he was like well you will have to eat alittle more then on training days. He thought a six pound lose in one week was too much lol. I am happy though.

gremlina
01-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Christy-is your trainer at a local gym or on base or what? I would really like to get a personal trainer too but am getting ready to move soon..hoping at my new base to find a trainer somewhere..

married2asoldier
02-06-2007, 12:50 PM
hi just checkin in where is everyone? lol

married2asoldier
02-16-2007, 02:01 AM
oh where oh where have the military spouses gone oh where oh where could they be lol! Miss the support and conversation where are you girls?

Clydegirl
02-17-2007, 10:43 AM
oh where oh where have the military spouses gone oh where oh where could they be lol! Miss the support and conversation where are you girls?

I'm here not posting much. I'm on an upward trend at the minute.

I'm trying to pluck up the courage to go to the gym on base. Went with OH on friday now I just need to get in there.

married2asoldier
02-18-2007, 02:43 PM
GL ClydeGirl on getting to the gym on base. With 2 little ones and a deployed husband finding the gym is not possible with me lol. Luckily taebo kicks my butt quite regularly at home. Plus we can go for long walks since we are stationed out here in Hawaii.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

mkat321
02-18-2007, 09:15 PM
hey all, any room for a national guard wife?

married2asoldier
02-19-2007, 10:51 AM
of course mkat! always room for more!

mkat321
02-19-2007, 02:16 PM
awesome, thanks :)

I got on the scale yesterday and it's up to 199.6. That's the highest I've been in just shy of three years. I got down from 235 to 163 ish in the summer of 2004 and then got pregnant with my youngest daughter that winter and even at 9 months pregnant topped out at "only" 197, so to say I'm devestated is an understatement.

But the flip side is that I'm bound and determined to get back down and stay down. I start school in March, and my hubby is on the 'hot list' Both good reasons, and the latter is much more important. He's gained weight right along with me, and it's held him back at both his civilian and real jobs. His run time is stagnant at 21 minutes, the highest it's been since AIT, and his weight is also at it's highest since Basic. I can't stand knowing that he was in good physical shape til we got back together {high school sweathearts} and my cooking and addiction to fast food and buffet style dining out options has done this damage to him and to his military career.

All in all, he's not deployment ready, and it's my fault to a large extent. He is responsible as well but I'm of the old school. What's almost as bad is knowing that the fact I'm not deployment-ready in the sense of being in the physical shape to take care of the homefront and knowing what that would do to him were he to be activated.

That in a novel-length nutshell is my motivation. I have to get back into shape to handle things here at home, and most importantly to help my soldier get back into deployment ready status.

gremlina
02-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi ladies! How are ya'll doing? So I am more than halfway to my goal. Yay! Dh got denied the transfer so he is staying AF for now..but I still plan on joining the Army in the fall (if I can either get to goal by then or get taped in)...

mkat-don't blame yourself for your DH not being in shape. I don't see it as your fault. He has the choice to eat well and keep in shape all on his own! Are the two of you dieting together now? That probably would be helpful. My DH eats junk left and right and doesn't gain really..That has always made it harder for me. After we got together I gained about 45 lbs! But still I don't blame him cause it was my choice to eat the way he was eating.. Anyways..climbing off my soap box now..lol. :-)

mkat321
02-21-2007, 08:59 PM
you have a vaild point :) of course I catch heck because I cook the stuff and choose the reasturants, etc.

no we're not dieting together right now. he keeps saying after every drill that he's going to make changes, get back to running every day, etc. but he never does

married2asoldier
02-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Hello ladies :) Things have been super stressful this week a lot going on. My sister is flying out here to visit me in 10 days so i am really excited!
Gremlina Congrats on being over half way!
M Kat keep up your good work maybe when the hubby sees how your doing he will fall in right with you!

mkat321
02-22-2007, 08:19 AM
M Kat keep up your good work maybe when the hubby sees how your doing he will fall in right with you!

I'm praying as much..

miafluker
02-22-2007, 10:32 PM
hi everyone can i join? i guess technically im still a military wife.
My hubby EAS out of the USMC last sept. We relocated to his home New Orleans, got jobs and still trying to adjust to civillian life.Hubby admited today he missed the corp, my experience as a usmc wife has been challenging. Me and hubby celebrated valentines aka our 2 yr anniversary, it felt like a 1yr anni because he was in iraq last year and i was 5 monthe preg our baby was born in march and he met her in may. ( i know there are many that can relate) anyhow we are now doing 2yr inactive reserve.

im currently using turbo jam, the bean and pender ball for exercise and using a simple diet plan im trying to lose anywhere between 40-60lbs:?:

Clydegirl
02-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Morning girls. Friday again.

I didn't make it to the gym as my youngest has been sick this week. Started walking again yesterday and finally lost some weight this week. So a better week eating wise.

Gremlina are you still pcs'ing from Germany?

Welcome miafluker :wave:

Have a good weekend everyone.

married2asoldier
02-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey Clydegirl hope your youngest gets to feeling better! Way to go on starting walking again and Yay for a loss. Its been rainy here all week so no walking for us. I am getting so excited my sister is going to be in Hawaii in 8 days for her spring break!
Welcome Miafluker!

mkat321
02-23-2007, 06:18 PM
hey all :) I don't weigh in til monday but that will be day 6 of the 40 day challenge so hopefully the scale will show something that resembles progress.

married2asoldier
02-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey M Kat just noticed your from Indiana. Me too from a little town called Santa Claus in southern IN. We are hoping for a transfer to Ft Campbell to be closer to home.

mkat321
02-25-2007, 06:58 PM
cool. since we're season ticket holders now {as of yesterday when I filed the e-applications} for Holiday World, perhaps we'll see each other one day:) We also plan to get down to the monthly rememberance ceremonies once we get our motorcycles this summer as a part of the Patriot Guard...

married2asoldier
02-26-2007, 01:56 AM
omgosh I cant wait to go home! I worked there for 9 summers and was the manager of games. Thats where I met my husband 6 yrs ago this coming summer. Wow thats crazy.
That will be nice I've heard great things about the patriot gaurd!

mkat321
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Have you read the latest posts to the holiblog? I can't wait for the new wave pool to open up. :) Sad isn't it that the driving force behind getting my truck totally road-trip ready is so we can make weekly six hour round trips to Holiday World all summer isn't it? NOT. I love that place :) _and since I'm staying on-program, I'll have an awesome new tank suit to wear too! :)_

I wish I could say I enjoy being a part of the PGR but honestly I wish there was no need for it to exist, KWIM? I'd be happy to just 'do' the occassional veteran's funeral for the WWII set or so on. But it will be a long time before that's possible, I think.

married2asoldier
03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Hows everyone doing? I've been unbelievable busy getting ready for my lil sis to come visit!

gremlina
03-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi everyone! Hope all are doing well. :-) Not a whole lot new here..I've been on WW officially for one year as of yesterday and I have lost 43 lbs. during that time..so that is good I think! :-)

mkat-I hope you will be an inspiration for your hubby! Maybe if you do the grocery shopping and don't by junk food he won't be able to eat it..haha.

clydegirl-Yes ma'am..We leave Germany the beginning of August cause our DEROS are up but we haven't a clue where we are PCSing to yet! Ugh! Gotta love the military last minute thing..Unless DH gets this special duty assignment he applied for then we won't know until May!

gremlina
03-04-2007, 01:19 PM
married2asoldier-Enjoy your visit with your sis!

Clydegirl
03-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Gremlina fingers crossed you get something you like.

Hubby got an assignment to Korea on Friday.So he's decided it's time to retire. He's been in 25 years so it will be all change for us bit scary. Hope he's able to get a job.

ssgtswife33
03-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Hey girls!! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

gremlina~ :congrat: on your weight loss. Keep up the good work!!

married2asoldier~ I've got my big sis here with me visiting. I love it when family comes to visit.

gremlina
03-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Clydegirl-When is he set to retire? I bet that is going to be a huge change! Do you guys know where you want to settle?

ssgtswife33-Thanks! :-) Enjoy your sister's visit! :-) I can't wait to see my family again! My sister is having a baby in Sept. and I will finally be back in the States in August..so hopefully I will see the new baby!

married2asoldier
03-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Hey Girls down 3lbs this week woo hoo! Had a great visit with my sister went 2 quickly though. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Clydegirl
03-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Clydegirl-When is he set to retire? I bet that is going to be a huge change! Do you guys know where you want to settle?

!

He will retire Oct 1st. We're going to stay here and hopefully he'll be able to get a job in this area.

FindingMe2
03-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Hello everyone, I am new and trying to find my way around.

married2asoldier
03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Welcome Findingme2

Clydegirl
03-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Hello everyone, I am new and trying to find my way around.

:welcome2: Hello FindingMe2. Tell us a little bit about yourself.

CourtCourt
03-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Hi everyone...I was wondering if you had room for one more?

I am a Navy wife, we are stationed in Hawaii (DH is at NCTAMS, we live in Honolulu), with two daughters under 2 (21 months and 6 weeks). DH and I are both on South Beach (I am working off baby weight, he is working off sympathy weight!), and have recently decided to torture ourselves walking up and down the hills at Tripler. We are both originally from South Florida, and have been stationed in Mississippi and California prior to Hawaii.

Hope to get to know all of you better! :D

gremlina
03-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Welcome findingme and CourtCourt!

So we still don't know where we are going in Aug.. Hopefully we'll know soon..but probably not till May..

Clydegirl
03-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Welcome findingme and CourtCourt!

So we still don't know where we are going in Aug.. Hopefully we'll know soon..but probably not till May..

Don't you hate that when they keep you hanging on. I hope you hear soon so as you can get organised and start making plans.

ssgtswife33
03-25-2007, 11:30 AM
:welcome: FindingMe2 & CourtCourt

FindingMe2
03-26-2007, 07:04 AM
:welcome: FindingMe2 & CourtCourt

Thank you for the welcome

I am having a horrible time with my water intake...we should drink 8 -8oz a day right?:(

ssgtswife33
03-27-2007, 06:18 PM
They say your water intake should be atleast 64oz but I shoot for 100oz. That amount works for me. I start slacking off by late afternoon otherwise I'll be up all night. *LOL*

Clydegirl
04-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi girls how is everyone doing?

Well it's official my hubby is officially retiring Oct 1st. Yikes a bit scary he needs to get a job. Lots of time to find one. He's putting out feelers.

Happy easter :bunny2:

ssgtswife33
04-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi!!! Just though I'd drop in to see how everyone is doing...

Everyone keep up the good work!!!!

mkat321
04-14-2007, 11:38 AM
doing alright. af just left and gave me an extra pound to loose.

in other news, I hate women who try to wear their husband's rank. especially when the unit backs them up on it

ssgtswife33
04-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Just got back from a 2hr workout @ the gym and I am full of energy. :cb: For the past week I have been hitting the gym at 3:30-4:00am and working out for atleast 2hrs or more. It's hard to get up that early but once I'm up, I'm ready to go.

mkat21~ I 100% agree with you on that. I too hate when the women try to wear their husbands rank. Not to mention, I have even seen some of the schools on post where some of the kids even do that. It is really sad in my opinion.

Everyone have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

gremlina
04-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi ladies! So I started finally on running..I am doing Couch to 5k program and I just finished week 3 of 9. :-) My NSV is that I also fit in a size 12 now which I haven't for about 8 years so that is pretty awesome too!!!
DH didn't get the special duty but we got the list of possible bases we could go to, updated our preferences and now we are just waiting to hear where we are going...Hopefully we will hear the beginning of May..though we won't be able to do anything until we get orders which won't I'm sure be until June or July.. This is our first real PCS..I mean we PCS'd over here but that was nearly 3 years ago and it was right after we got married and didn't have much etc...

clydegirl-Wow..that must be scary your hubby retiring..

mkat-amen! I hate when people try to wear their hubby's rank too...The military member is the one that earned the rank not the spouse..

ssgtswife-WTG on the exercise at the gym!

Clydegirl
04-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Gremlina I thought you would have had an assignment by now. Fingers crossed.

Retirement yes it is a bit scary. The military is like a big security blanket and leaving that is what worries me.

ssgtswife33
05-11-2007, 04:58 PM
I hope all you spouses out there are doing great and staying strong!! It's been awefully quiet around here... :)

50lbs2go
05-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I just saw this thread. i would like to join. i am a proud marine wife of almost 6 years. we have been together for 10 1/2 years. he has been in for 11 1/2 years. we have been through 3 deployments and possibly looking at a fourth one next year. i just wanted to introduce myself.

married2asoldier
05-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Hello everyone its been a long while since I logged in here. Got distracted and drug into a lot of neighborhood drama finally over I hope. Can't wait to get back on track :)

gremlina
05-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone! We finally got a tentative assignment on Friday...of course we all know nothing is final until you are there..lol... We are to move the beginning of August... We can't wait but this move is going to be daunting...

On weight loss news I am almost at 50 lb. mark and I am up to running 2.5 miles a day..

Welcome to 50lbs2go!

dscrosbywife
05-23-2007, 02:32 AM
Is there room for one more?

I'm a proud Army wife of almost 11 years. My DH has been in 13 years and is currently a Drill SGT. stationed at Ft.Jackson, SC.

I really need/want to lose about 85 lbs. I mainly want to lose it to be healthy again but also because I don't want to PCS to another post being embarrassed about my weight again.

ssgtswife33
06-01-2007, 01:31 AM
Hello Everyone!!

Hi dscrosbywife!! I too am a proud Army wife... of almost 12yrs so we're pretty close in years :) My DH is currently a recruiter. We've got another 1 1/2 yrs and then it's back to a regular unit. How long has your DH been a Drill Sgt?

I have been eating so crazy lately and I've got my mind set and goals set for a new start starting tomorrow. June 1st. Start fresh and wipe the slate clean. I was doing so good until my little one got real bad sick and that thru me going to the gym way off. Then, I got real bad sick so that even delayed it more. :(

Ladies stay strong!!!!

Natalia
06-01-2007, 01:46 AM
can i ask you guys something ot?
Can a military person marry another military person? What if someone gets stationed one place, and the other person is elsewhere?? Specifically I think I'm talking about the Marines...
(sorry if this is a stupid question but I know nothing about the military)
Also is it dangerous to be in the Marines?
Do you go to military college ? Or just regular uni? Or do you skip them both??
I am in Canada if hat makes a difference..TIA

missyb4ever
06-03-2007, 09:06 PM
LADIES!!!!! OMG! It's been a hot minute (try 6 months!!) since I've posted here....I actually started this thread...I MISS YOU! SSGswife...girl, how are you? Anyone heard from Angie lately? Let's see...in a nutshell....I topped out at 201 in Feb so I joined WW online...look where I am now - 177 as of weigh in yesterday! I'm down from a size 14 and now a 12 is too loose but I'm not willing to try on a 10 for fear it won't fit and I'll get discouraged. DH's deployment got pushed back so he's not leaving until this winter (thank goodness) - everything is going well, I hope everyone else is doing great too! It's so awesome to see all these ladies doing well for their men in uniform :) Does anyone have Myspace?? I figure it'd also be a nice way for us to keep in touch - hope to hear from you soon!

Clydegirl
06-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Gosh I haven't posted in here for ages.

Gremlina way to go on the weight loss. I'm pretty stagnant at the minute. I was talking to a friend last night and decided I'd better try and lose some before the OH's retirement ceremony. I will have to dress up and at the moment have nothing nice that fits me!!!

Welcome to the new girls.

mkat321
06-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Dh got offical/unofficial notice yesterday for January ship to Dix, March to Iraq. Just the kick in the pants he needed. I printed out the 'ge set for the APFT' workout schedule from hooah 4 you yesterday and he actually read it and is putting it into practice. We went for an 8 mile walk yesterday with a half hour break in the middle to chat with friends. Dh ran a large part of the way and I tried but the front of both tibia started hurting and I just couldn't do it. it was bone pain, not muscle fatigue. I was just in for a physical but guess I'll be going for a second opinion now.

ssgtswife33
06-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Good Morning girls!! and Happy Wednesday!!

missyb4ever~ Hey girlie!! you are doing so great. WTG!!! I haven't heard from Angie in awhile myself. I hope she's doing good. These past few months have been very hard ones. I gained alot of weight back that I had lost and was hoping that I could keep it off. I want to cry everytime I think about it. Instead of going to the gym or walking when I got down and depressed, I turned to food. HUGE MISTAKE!! I knew it deep down inside but ignored it. But now, I have been looking at Shape magazines and reading articles hoping they could motivate me to get back on the saddle and keep going. Well, I feel that it has. Today starts day 1 for me.. again. :( I hate to say that but I just can't and won't give up!!!

mkat321
06-30-2007, 05:47 PM
hey ladies. Dh's unit got their official orders today. Looks like either right before or right after Christmas they'll be off to training, and overseas by dh's b-day on 10 April. which puts them back home in September of 2009.

hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend/week. I'm on vacation from school and dh is off work so we're going to work on our memory books and do stuff with the girls.

gremlina
07-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi everyone!!! Welcome to the new ladies on the thread!

missyb4ever-Welcome back!

Clydegirl-Thanks...Now we FINALLY know where we are going..lol..we PCS from here Aug. 1st!

mkat321-WTG on the 8 mile! Sorry your hubby is leaving soon...I know mine will be leaving again after we are settled in at our new base...

Hi SSgtswife33-I love your little icon!

So PCSing from overseas to stateside is wicked stressful...yuck! But we'll be in SC in August..woohoo! :-)

married2asoldier
07-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Hello Everyone! Can't remember the last time I logged in here prolly March or so isn't that horrible. Anyways trying to get myself back on track, I had started last august at 280 and gotten down to 230 but then around jan when the hubby came home for R&R I just quit, I'm not real sure how it happened.... prolly because he was so pleased with what i had accomplished up till then i just stopped trying I suppose. Anyway I didn't gain since then which is the only bright side to all this. My Goal is to get down to 200 by the time he comes home in Oct...trying to set a realistic goal here lol and then go from there. Hope everyone is doing well!
~Amber

mkat321
07-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Hey all :) We got an analog scale and according to that puppy I weigh 195. I calibrated it with 5 lb hand weights so I am going to go with that. :)

I cried the other day. I was so embarrassed and upset that my dh saw me like that, but he shrugged it off and said he felt better knowing I was getting everything out. ?? Then not too long after that, he admitted to being nervous himself, scared even, which is totally against his nature. ??

So anyways, he's 10 lbs. over ship-able weight, 40 lbs over his ideal weight {in his mind, about 25-30 in reality} I'm working on getting him to help me work out more, especially the floor stuff that I hate and can never seem to do right by myself. We're going to AAFES tonight in Indy to check it out since it was just grand re-opened in late June and neither of us has been there since the 90's. Then we're going to get DQ instead of Steak & Shake. Or we might get just shakes instead of the full meal AND shakes. :o To top it all off he's ordering me a replacement cord and power adaptor for my laptop, getting me a new bike and trailer so I can ride with our girls around town/the park, and wants me to order the new version of the Firm instead of getting his dress uniform? He said by the time he gets back it wouldn't fit anyways, and he'd rather the money go to helping me get in shape and reach my goals. :)

anyways, enough of a blab about my weekend and entirely too sweet soldier. How was everyone else's holiday?

married2asoldier
07-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Hello Everyone! How is everyone doing? I've had a busy week. Trying to get the house organized and clean cause we are getting new furniture not this paycheck but the next. WOO HOO makes me so happy because the furniture we have now... i remember my parents buying before my 22 yr old sister was born. I always say free is the best but its time these couches we have were ummm buried lol. Had a great week I stayed on my plan and am down 4 lbs yay. Anywyas just wanted to check in

gremlina
07-13-2007, 06:58 AM
married2asoldier-WOO HOO on new furniture!!!

mkat321-That is wonderful your hubby is so supportive! My hubby all along has denied that I even needed to lose weight..Now I am skinnier than he has ever seen me but I don't think he sees me any differently if that makes sense..

We have movers coming Mon, Tues, Wed to finally ship our stuff and we have less than 20 days now till we will be back on US soil...WOOHOO!!

mkat321
07-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey all. I held pretty steady at 195 since getting the analog scale but last night it showed 196 :( I'm sure it will be back down before Monday but still kind of depressing.

Second drill of the month this weekend, so Dh will be gone from dawn to dark tomorrow and sunday. Sunday they meet the command they'll be deploying under and some of the other soldiers. Dh is nervous about the whole thing. He's got 13 years in and due to some 'issues' of his own and others' making in his first couple years in is still only an E4. That irritates him and also makes him have self esteem issues {for lack of a better term} around new units/soldiers...

mkat321
07-19-2007, 11:35 AM
:::breathes into microphone::: Is this thing on? How/where is everyone? the first of Dh's TWO 3 week AT's is only a week and a half away, and I'm nervous about how our kids are going to handle it. He was on recruiting orders for the first two years of our marriage, so the most they've had to deal with is a three day drill, just two overnights. I'm living in actual FEAR of what twenty-four overnights is going to do. I Know it's good practice for the pending deployment, but still

married2asoldier
07-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Haha I check in everyday to see if anyone posts but everyone is pretty quite here. How old are your kids mkat?
I've been keeping busy here plus we have a VTC with my hubby today YAY can't wait to see him. 3 months to go and he will finally be home and done with this 15 month deployment blah

missyb4ever
07-25-2007, 07:28 AM
What is up ladies?! Sorry I've been so quiet, it's been hectic with work and getting ready to go on block leave. Well, I only have 8 more pounds to lose to reach my ultimate goal, but I think these may be the hardest 8 pounds I will ever have to lose!! I've got to kick my workouts into high gear, I've hit a rut - I've been stuck here for almost 6 weeks. Somethings going to have to change to get my metabolism going again. Anytips? I am going to start doing something different for cardio, and I'm trying to incorporate more strength trainng into my routine. Hope everyone else is doing well, talk to ya'll soon!!

mkat321
07-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Glad to see people milling about again! :)

The girls are 8, 6, and a week shy of 2. The older two are from my first 'legal' marriage [dh and I had a commitment ceremony when he was 18 & I was 16, but let's just say 19 year old boys don't think with the proper brain sometimes] Dh is actually their one of their two godfathers, and from the day they first talked to him on the phone they've been totally under his spell. And vice versa, though he wouldn't admit to being wrapped around one of their fingers, let alone all 3... :lol:

You ladies give me hope, and just when I need it. I guess the last couple days I've been having a bit of a pity party, crying a bit and wondering how the heck I"m going to do this on my own for the better part of two whole years. Reminding myself that others have done it and are doing it helps. Coming to this thread and reminding myself that others have managed to loose weight safely and not through the 'deployment diet' gives me hope that I'll make it through. Emotional eating and eating out of boredom/loneliness are my two biggest downfalls....

married2asoldier
07-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Hello everyone
Been a busy week :) My friend moved out here (her bf is deployed w/the hubby) So I've been busy helping her find furniture and directions and stuff. But I finally have someone who like to go to the beach YAY!

Don't Worry MKAT we are here for you when you need us! Your doing a great job!

Hope everyone else is doing good!

married2asoldier
07-29-2007, 05:05 PM
So just wanted to stop in and share my nsv lol I went to Ross's and bought 2 pairs of shorts and a pair of capris and YAY in a size 16! I started last august in 22/24 and now am down to a 16 it just made my day had to share
Hope everyone had a good weekend!

missyb4ever
07-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Great job married2asoldier!! I had a really cool weekend. They took a bus of spouses out to the "field" to have dinner with the hubbies and then go out to the night fire range to watch them fire big guns. It was pretty incredble, and makes me feel sorry for him when he goes to the field now that I've seena taste ofwhat he goes through! I am struggling to lose my last 6-8 lbs...my weight is flip flopping btwn 172-174 but it's also that TOM, so we'll see what happens in a week. Going on block leave soon...*sigh* Good luck this week ladies and stay on track!

mkat321
07-31-2007, 03:31 PM
awesome job married2 :)

missy that sounds like a wonderful weekend :) we were supposed to have a family live fire this summer, but since they're on deployment training instead of regular AT it won't be possible. They dont get to fire the guns again prior to deployment either, so that means Dh has gone 4 years without firing any of his 'big guns' {155 howitzer and the MLRS & HIMARS} If he leaves the service after this deployment like he's threatening to, he'll leave it without firing them at all since 2004.

Got the orders for pre deployment training today. looks like their leave date is moved up to 08 December. 2 days before I finish school, and right in the middle of final exams and national certification prep work & clinicals. :( Oh well, I will be strong and I will survive and thrive.

Anybody watch Army Wives? I know it's mega controversial in military circles,
but I like it alright. Reminds me of the cattiness I remember visiting my dad on post when I was a kid, and my friends as an adult. Also reminds me why I"m glad not to be involved in our FRG

707Goddess
08-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Did you ladies start a new thread i noticed this one hasnt been touched since 07/31/2007

missyb4ever
08-28-2007, 09:56 PM
707 - not that I'm aware of, we've just gotten quiet with the summertime being busy and all - tis the season of the PCS! How are things going with you?

ssgtswife33
09-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Hey ladies... How are ya'll doing??

Yes... it has been a very busy summer for us. Crazy is more like it :) Crazy yet fun fun fun. Now that school is back in session, I'm hoping things will calm down some. I haven't been here for awhile but things are going pretty good. I've been hitting the gym every morning for 2 hours, been out in the pool swimming. My exercise and working out is there, I just need to make sure I get all of my water in.

Well.. I better get going. I wanted to drop in and say hello while I was here. My hubbs got 4 free tickets to see the Blue Man's Group so that's where we are headed.:cb: Everyone take care and have a FAB weekend!!!:sunny:

missyb4ever
09-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Blue man group?! I'm so jealous!! Have an amazing trip, hopefully you can post some pictures?? I know I asked this quite a while ago, but do any of ya'll have myspace? I like to put faces with my motivation :) Mine is www.myspace.com/missyb4ever - I need some prayers or tips or something. I have 12 more pounds to lose...and it's KILLER!! Any tips? I started running again so maybe that will help?

ssgtswife33
09-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Mornin Ladies... OMG.. The Blue Man Group is AWESOME!!! They made me laugh so hard. I am so glad that I went. It was so much better than I was expecting. How are things going Missy? I used to have a MySpace awhile back but deleted it. I've been thinking about starting up a new one. If I do, I will let you know.

Anyone else get caught up in Lifetime's series Army Wives?? Loved it!! I can't wait for Season 2. They definitely left you hanging on the season finale.