LA Weight Loss - Am I Fat?

View Full Version : Am I Fat?

bizlawchik
08-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey, chickies...

I found this website called am-i-fat.com

It has two tests to find out what your body frame really is, and then has weight charts based on your frame too. Just scroll all the way to the bottom for the weight tables, etc.

I thought it was cool because when you have so much weight to lose, you tend to either settle too high, or set some very low unattainable goal. It's hard to picture a healthy weight when you haven't been there in so long.

On a positive note, I was happy to discover that I do have a large frame after all. I wasn't just kidding myself all this time!

Anyhoo, I just thought it was a cool site to share.

Liz-z78
08-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi, thanks for the info! I just checked and I am indeed large framed as well. My weight loss goal seems to be ok with their guidelines although some of the charts say closer to 150. I figure once I get to 155 I'll determine if I want to lose more.

Joni135
08-25-2006, 04:31 PM
What I see is that statistically I have more weight to lose than I realize. When I did my BMI it came back with the comment - "Corpulent - do something before it's too late!"
I had to look up corpulent and that means having a large bulky body. Boy, I'm feeling good now. Why did I go to this sight again??

bizlawchik
08-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Stay away from that BMI stuff, Joni! There's never a good ending when you talk body fat!!!

ljackson
08-25-2006, 07:09 PM
I am right on the border between small and medium frame- my goal weight is a little high- I like the military chart the best- it says my ideal is 151, the rest average in the 140's- in a perfect world I would like to get to that- but I think that is wishing a lot