Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 03:52 PM   #1  
Long Journey

S/C/G: 350/350/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Was thinking of WW but.....

Hello,

I was thinking about joining WW but then I decided not to. I tried their Smart ones dinners and they are TERRIBLE!!! WOW!! Healthy choice and Lean Cuisine are far better! Has anyone else had the same experience??
Old 08-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #2  

But WW plan has nothing to do with Smart Ones

You don't have to eat them to do WW, you can eat any food you want you just have to count thier points value.

It's not like some plans like Jenny Craig, NUtra system or LA weightloss where you HAVE to buy their stuff, you can eat normal food. WW is about a healthy eating life style with healthy foods and protion control.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #3  

WW is a great program. You do not have to eat their meals. I do however like theri desserts. I eat Lean C. the most of the frozen dinners, but for the most part I cook my own meals. You can have anything you want to eat you just have to watch the portions.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #4  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

I am a WW member and rarely eat Smart Ones. I cook my own food using the portions and points allowed for my weight.

It is a great program and we have a member in the meeting I attend who has lost over 150 lbs on the program. As any lifestyle change, you must decide what you want to achieve and be accountable to yourself. There are many programs (i.e. diets) that will help you lose, maintaining is a life time goal and it can be done with the WW program.

I have tried many diets, and weight loss programs where you eat just certain foods or drink only liquids--they don't work. WW gives you the tools, support and motivation to lose and keep it off. You must make lifestyle changes to lose weight, stay healthy and keep it off.

You may eat Healthy choice and Lean cuisine meals, just use the fiber, protein and fat information from the labels to convert to the points value in the WW Flex program.

Good Luck!
Old 08-24-2006, 06:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Weight Watchers is a great program and I think you would do well on it if thats what you choose to do. If you like the lean cuisine and heathly choice better than the smart ones, you can still eat them on your diet and they are generally low in points also. I understand might not always have time to cook a meal and need a quick microwaveable one and as long as you incorporate the weight watcher points you can eat any healthy brand you like . Good Luck!
Old 08-25-2006, 02:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

I must be the oddball here! I love (some) of the Smart Ones TV dinners, although I do mostly eat Lean Cuisine (and sometimes Healthy Choice also). They're so easy to make for lunch, that's usually what I have!
Old 08-25-2006, 08:24 AM   #7  
Long Journey

S/C/G: 350/350/175

Thank you for the replies. I am still looking into it. Thought about joining online cause I know I will never want to go to a meeting. With school and work I will be way too busy! I've heard its a greeat program.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:15 AM   #8  

Height: 5'3

I do the online program and I love it. And you REALLY do not need to eat their Smart Ones meals. Like others have said..they have nothing to do with the program (though I actually like them).
Old 08-25-2006, 10:48 AM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

I ditto most of the other sentiments and I RARELY ever eat a frozen meal. I get more food for the same or less points if it make the food myself.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 238/229/140

Height: 5' 5''

Most of my meal are frozen. I know that I should be cooking for myself, but right now it is just too easy to pop in a frozen meal. I eat mostly Stouffer's meals. I know what your thinking ~ way too high in point value. The ones I eat are 8 points or less. I know at somepoint I am going to need to change how I eat ~ soon enough I will have less points to use.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #11  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

I bought about 6 of them at the grocery store. I've never had them before. I thought they were really yummy! I had the 3 point cake just now, talk about delish!
Old 09-09-2006, 01:04 AM   #12  

Yeah I don't eat the smart one's usually. I like lean cuisines and I also sometimes eat the hot pockets.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

on alot of the lean cuisine's they have the WW point value's .. they kinda hide em and blend in ..but they are there .. also in the WW packet you get a points calculator slide thing that gives ya the point value on any food by reading the nutrition facts ... don't give up on WW .. it is a great tool .. by no means do you have to eat their food .. i eat my own ..except occasionally when we are having something for supper that my points budget just wasn't ready for .. good luck!
Closed Thread