Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-24-2006, 02:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249.4/ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

Default Spinning!

I went to my first cycling class! It was for beginners and it totally kicked my butt. I couldn't do it all, but tryed to keep peddaling when I couldn't do the other moves and do what I could. The biggest problem was not the cycling, my bike's handle bars kept movin all around. I kept having to lock them back in place. That was really annoying, I ended up switching after a few people left midway through. But then the seat on the other bike was so small and hard that my *** hurt too much. I felt like I could have peddaled better if my butt wasn't so sore. Anyways, I think I will try to go to it every other week on Wed nights. I will keep walking, and riding my bicycle to class -that has a nice gel cushioned spring seat! So I think I will gauge my fitness by how much better that I can keep up with the class.
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:48 AM   #2  
Meg

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

You can buy a padded gel seat cover to take along to class at most sporting goods stores. You're right, the hard seat is the toughest thing to get used to (ouch!)

Keep it up - it really does get easier!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/203/165

Height: 5'7

Platinum! I felt exactly the same when I took my first spin class 2 months ago! I wondered midway through the class if I'd be able to bear children afterwards cause my butt ached soooo bad! LOL. But you know what I gave it another try, and was hooked after the 4th class! I now spin about 4 times a week, it gives me a GREAT workout! and is helping my weight loss! Keep it going!
Kreen is offline   Reply With Quote