100 lb. Club - New Chick

View Full Version : New Chick

teacher29
08-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have decided to start a quest for weight loss. I have tried many diets and exercise plans with no success. Now I think my best attack against this weight is to join a support group. I am not on any specific diet, I know that I overeat and my portions are way too big so I am starting with portion control and keeping a food journal. Also, I am going to start doing some exercises at home. I have a 2 1/2 month old at home so I am somewhat restricted to what and where I can go to work out, but I am determined to start at home.

My biggest need is support from others who are living this and I can relate to. I hope this is going to be a good start for me and I look forward to getting to know you.

famograham
08-23-2006, 07:56 PM
:hug: Welcome :hug:

You will be VERY happy to know that you have just hit the JACKPOT when it comes to support. In fact, in my experience over the past year and a half is that I haven't just found support, I have found LOVE. These people are more like family and dear friends to me than a mere support group.

There's no better place on earth to find what you are looking for.

I know you can do this, we can do it together ;)

:hug:
Linda

sept15lija
08-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Welcome! I'm pretty new here too...I don't post much yet but I read every day and it really keeps me motivated!! I think it's definitely best to take baby steps and try to make some small changes over time. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you around!!

LisaMarie71
08-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Welcome! I'm fairly new here and I love it. Reading the messages here really helps to keep me on track so far. I take it you're a teacher? Me too! I teach high school English.

I do the Weight Watchers plan, but it's basically the same as counting calories, and I don't go to meetings. It's all about portion control, really, and tracking what I eat is the key to it, I think.

Come back often, and send me a PM if you want to talk!

ChocLabLover
08-24-2006, 08:48 AM
:welcome3: to all the newbies to the forum! Linda is quite correct, that we have become quite a family here at the 100 Plus Club. They are the best support group you can ask for, but can also administer some tough love and a :kickbutt: when required. ;)

BreakingFree
08-24-2006, 01:25 PM
:wel3fc: Looking forward to learning more about you. Good luck!

Sheila53
08-24-2006, 02:02 PM
:welcome: This is a great place for support!