Mini-Goals - Got a wake up call today!

View Full Version : Got a wake up call today!

smolderingvixen
08-22-2006, 01:15 AM
I have been trying to lose weight and have lost some but have such a long way to go that I sometimes forget how far I have come. It is true that some of old clothes fit better..but they are fat clothes anyway. ...and people have begun to notice my loss but I still need to lose at least a hundred pounds. You all know how the pity party goes....
Anyway, we have been some remodeling on our home and spent the morning at the hardware store. When we arrived home my hubby started to unload the car and because he has been having back problems I told him to leave the mixed plaster that we bought to patch the holes in the walls in the car. Later I went out and picked it up and brought it into the house...it was soooo heavy. When I commented on how heavy it was my hubby took a look at the weight. "How much weight have you lost?" he asked and handed the box back to me. "51 pounds", I answered. He then told me that the box that made my knees ache while carrying it up the stairs weighed almost exactly the amount that I have lost.
What an eye opener....it was heavy chickies....the very thought that I had been toting this extra amount around with me was amazing...how had I done it.
I challenge anyone who is depressed about their progress to pack up a bag with canned foods in it to match your weight loss...1 regular can weighs about 1 pound...and tote it about the house...up the stairs... around the yard.....I guareentee it will make you feel a whole lot different about your loss, large or small. Just wanted to share this NSV and the wiseness of my loving husband.
Keep up the good work girlies.....Leslie;)

** Stacye **
08-22-2006, 02:24 AM
I just wanted to say; thanks for sharing your NSV!

I got a smile out of it b/c I'd almost forgotten all the times that my DSS (he's 11) blocks the weight of large items (like bags of dog food) when we'd be shopping, and ask that I pick them up ... we'd then add up just how many of those 'bags' that I've lost and laugh about how I could hardly lift them!

And BIG CONGRATS too Leslie ... 51 lbs, WoWza - you're doing awesome girlie - keep up the fantastic work! I look forward to reading about and seeing progress pics of your journey!

*btw* You should update your S/C/G weight - your CW shows as 333 and you've totally blown that outa the water! ;)

OneKim
08-22-2006, 06:06 PM
That's awesome! 51 lbs! How sweet of your hubby to give you encouragement like that! Gosh, they can be so sweet sometimes.

Kim

Nicklewise
08-22-2006, 06:22 PM
What a great story, thanks for the reminder!

MelodyL
08-22-2006, 07:51 PM
It is amazing when you lift that amount of weight and feel how heavy it is!! Thanks for sharing and wtg on losing 51 pounds!!!

beautifulone
08-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks for sharing Leslie :)

I've thought about something similar often. When I see butter at the store and one "rectangle" of butter is 454 grams, which is essentially 1 lb - and I often equate them to 1lb of body weight. Who knows whether 1lb of fat has that many grams of fat versus 454 grams of butter... but it's nice to imagine that each time I lose a pound I am dropping an amount of fat that weighs as much as that rectangle of butter!

One day when I've lost more than 3-4 lbs I'm going to try what you suggested - what a great encouraging idea, thank you!

carolshmarol
08-22-2006, 08:42 PM
What a wonderful way to look at this Leslie!!!!! Thank you for posting this!!! Great inspiration!!!!

lilybelle
08-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks for sharing the great story. I don't think I could pick up something that heavy. I always have my DH carry in the 50lb. sack of dog food. WTG and Congratulations on the awesome job at weight loss.

nonames
08-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Congrats on the 51 lbs :carrot: and big kudos to your hubby for being so supportive!!

2frustrated
08-23-2006, 10:55 AM
That's a really great story!

I often used to wonder how I couldn't deadlift the same amount of weight that I'd lost... But I can NOW so that's ok! :lol:

I can't imagine carrying a huge sack of plaster around with me now - how would I ever do my races and my martial arts? :dunno:

It's a good reason not to put it back on!

fiddler
08-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Leslie,

Congrats on your weight loss and kudos to your husband for being so supportive!

Keep up the good work!

Rosario
08-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Thank you for sharing your story!! Way to go on your loss so far!!!