Old 08-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #1  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Default **Weekly Chat - 21 August - 27 August**

Where oh where are all my chickadees? Sure is quiet in here...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:20 PM   #2  

Good morning. I had a VERY good weekend of eating (finally). The problem is, people keep asking me to dinner. I am trying to follow Jenny Craig, but because I just started working and moved into the city I feel like I should be social and eat out with people. It's just hard on the wallet and the tummy. I know that I could eat healthy when going out, but it makes going out not so much fun. At that point I'd rather just stay in and make a frozen meal. And it's not like i have time to make plans outside of eating. On my free time I eat or I sleep.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:59 PM   #3  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Monday Girls!! So the last of my birthday celebrating is complete. We had my birthday party this weekend and even though I spent a fortune on healthy foods (lots of veggies and lots of fruits) I ended up eating some of the junky food too. Anyway, I feel like I have a clear schedule now to make better choices. I'm thinking about buying one of the books from Dr. Ian Smith (the diet guy on Celebrity Fit Club).. Even though I know the good stuff and bad stuff, I feel like I need a little more structure right now to get me on the right path for school starting back.

Today was the first day at the gym with everyone back for the school year. I`m going to have to start going earlier or later. I get too irritated at the newbies. Or, not even newbies.. just people who come to the gym when school first starts back so they can hang out/meet people. I`m not a gym snob, I promise. I just prefer having nobody else there.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:52 PM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Stephie, Cookie, and Lizzie! (all names ending in E)

It's Monday morning! Not much to report, just trying to take my workouts one at a time. I'm challenging myself to two-a-days for the next couple of weeks, just to kick my butt into gear. I already feel overwhelmed and it's just the first day, so not to feel overwhelmed I will celebrate each moment and reward myself at the end of the week.

Gotta get back to the things that were working for me:
1-taking one day at a time
2-taking it one meal at a time-planning meals
3-reward myself for hard work-putting in good sweaty workouts
4-tracking weight
5-tracking food
6-no eating after 7pm
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #5  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Well ladies, Happy Monday. I have a hella busy week ahead of me. I am starting my own lil bootcamp program this week which should be fun but also hard. I need to knock out some serious minutes to meet my goal by the end of the month. Eating healthy and often also really needs to be a big focus for me.

Tonight I am going to really kick butt at the gym. I am planning on running 2 miles as well as getting in an awesome strength training session and mega stretching. Hubby is away for about 2 hours tonight so should be no problem!

cookie - Hard on the wallet and the tummy - amen sista! I am trying to work on not eating out as much as well. Great job on having such a keen weekend!

lizzie - I hear you about gym newbies. Its funny Jen often refers to sorostitutes in her blog...you know those sorority girls that like yap on their cell phones and hog the machines while so not working out.

spill - You are so back on track, just take it a little bit at a time and get back to that place where you were doing well. Oh and keep checking in with us! That always keeps me more accountable.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:16 PM   #6  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

morning ladies

well i am at home surfing the net. can't drive myself to work as i can't turn my head to the right.

i am off to the chiropractor this afternoon and hopefully he can work his magic hands and crack me back into place.

depending on how i feel after that will determine if i workout tonight.

not sure if i mentioned, but i have had a loss of 1.2kg (2.6lbs) for last week. so very pleased with myself. i hope to get down to 105kg by the end of this week.

i hope everyone has a great day
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:25 PM   #7  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Evening Everyone!! It's Monday.. Wow, already.. I have got another busy week ahead of me. Went to work, which was busy but not overwhelming, thank goodness, and then to the chiropractor.. I LOVE HIM! LOL He put me on the traction table today.. OMG! It was heaven! He then looks at me and says, wow, how much weight have you lost.. I said 19#.. He was like, really? That's great, you can really tell! Made me feel great! A small NSV. Came home to no electricity on tonight.. Talk about ticking me off! For almost 2hrs!! UGH! Well, off to bed, i'm exhausted!

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:15 AM   #8  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Good evening.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:55 AM   #9  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Well ladies I put in some killer time at the gym last night. Did 20 mins stretching followed by 30 mins strength and then finished out the night with 30 mins cardio. I would have done more but I got this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach (strange).

I am up early this morning had to take a team photo of the cheerleading squad. Gotta work the at home job today as well. I have to admit I am already pretty sore from the gym and kickball combined so tonight will probably have to hit the eliptical and maybe do some ab work.

daisy - omg hun I hope your neck gets better. You make it sound so simple, I would be really scared. Congratulations on the loss! I am so proud of you!

amblyn - Always nice to get compliments from those that don't see you everyday. What a great NSV.

maja - Good Morning chickadee
Old 08-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #10  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default Mod ::::

I'm late for work, so i thought i'd pop in here to say hello.
I will try to be on here a lot more for you girls!

trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #11  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

So, last night I got the Ian Smith book. If anyone is interested in the details, I wrote a lot about it in my blog. It is a 90 day program that seems to follow a lot of my own food-beliefs, but just never efficiently put to use before. Today I'm starting the "detox" period. Luckily, I still get to eat a lot of the same foods as before. I'm just happy to have some structure.

I came home last night to see the fam before classes start back, but instead of skipping my work out I'm going to the Y since you can go there free twice. I'm going with people I've never worked out with before, and for some reason that makes me a little nervous. I really am starting to sound like a gym snob now!

Spill- What time do you go to bed? I need to establish a cut off time, but I don't get to sleep till usually 1 or 2. Good Luck with your 2-a-days! I call that working out like a football player when I do those.

Stephie-
Yea, we call them "SoHos." Their "greek village" is the closest on-campus housing to the gym so they have the easiest access to come take my machines. I need to get in some serious gym time the rest of august too, so I'll just have to stop going at peak so-ho time.

Daisy- Hope that neck starts feeling better! Awesome loss too!!!

Amb- Yay!! Love love love nsv!

Hi maja!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:25 AM   #12  
2blessed2Bstressed

Lizzie: I'm pretty tired by ten, but most nights I'm fast asleep by 11. I mean, when you get up at 6:15 your tired! So I aim for 10, but rarely get there by then.

I didn't get int my two-a-day last night, had to help friend move. This morning I was just too darn tired.----Excuses, excuses.

I will hit the gym hard tonight, at least for an hour and half to two!

Happy Tuesday!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:59 AM   #13  

Lizzie-I've seen Celebrity Fit Club. How do they lose 5 pounds a week?!? I'd be lucky to lose 0.1 of a pound a week!!! I was reading over the Detox Phase 1 in your blog... no meat, ice cream, diet soda, or coffee?!? That's like what I eat everyday!!!

I have been on MANY MANY (did I say MANY) diets, and everytime I try to stop drinking alcohol I end up quitting. I just moved into an apartment in the city and I like having a few glasses of wine out with my friends. I just feel like if I can't drink when I'm out then I don't want to go out, and if I don't want to go out then I have no motivation to be healthy to look good in my going out clothes. The vicious cycle...

For me, exercise is no problem. I wake up in the morning and work out on the eliptical 1 hour every day no matter what no ifs/ands/ors/buts about it. It is the eating that I can't control. In trying to be social it's sooo freaking hard to be healthy. I feel like I am on a rollercoaster where just as I am about to get to the top of a long streak of being so healthy and so good BAM I plunge right to the bottom with a huge binge that makes my pants tight again.

hmm... yes girls it is one of those days... My sister's wedding is in less than 2 weeks and I did not lose the weight I wanted to lose (tear)
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #14  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Yesterday was day two of eating like an angel. I actually had to look around for something to eat when I was not all the hungry so I wouldnt be crazy under on my calories. Did not make it to the gym but will count this as my day off this week and move on.

Today will be super busy. Have the at home job to work, then a team photo this afternoon followed by a softball game to shoot. Then have to fit in cleanin my house and getting a great workout in. Oh well should be tired enough to fall right asleep tonight hehe.

I have a question for your girls...how long does it take for your body to go into starvation mode? I mean I had a couple of very high calorie days. Then these last two if I had not been trying not to go too low I would have ended right around 1000 calories. Is it a law of average...as long as I dont average out to less than 1200 I should be fine or do you think you literally need to eat 1200 a day or else...?

Maja - do what you can hun, we all know you are busy with work. We do love hearing from you every once in a while though. How are things going?

lizzie - WTG on getting your workout in even with unfamiliar territory, a lesser girl would just take time off...

spill - moving is some good strength training depending on how hard it was. Don't be to down on yourself, making it up at the gym tonight is a great idea.

cookie - You still have two weeks girl...don't give up yet!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:22 AM   #15  
2blessed2Bstressed

Stephie you are always so positive...thank you, that is a rarity!

Cookie, I'm in the same situation...I've got my ten year highschool reunion coming up, and I've known about it for awhile, but just starting to get serious about it, it's less than 3 weeks away. I know I won't lose a lot in that amount of time, but I know if I exercise hard, and eat good, I will feel GREAT about myself...and right now, that's my goal, not a number on the scale...you know what I'm saying?

I've always wondered how they lose sooo much on Celebrity fit club, but remember they dont' have jobs, so they can put in two a days, and they also can put 100% focus on eating/ exercising...or that's my guess.