South Beach Diet - Ok I thought of one more question.....

8SecondRide
08-20-2006, 12:20 PM
How often do you guys use or eat breads or did you in PhaseII?

DId you eat carrots, corn or white potatoes at all?

little grasshopper
08-20-2006, 02:27 PM
I don't eat carrots, corn or white potatoes at all unless I consider it a cheat. As for how often we eat bread - it differs with each person. Some of us can eat bread and it not effect us...we keep losing weight. I'm not one of those people. I can eat all the brown rice or brown rice products I want but wheat, even sprouted wheat stops me from losing. You have to try each thing slowly and see how it effects you. Every body is different.

Schatzi
08-21-2006, 08:45 AM
I eat bread in the form of a sourdough english muffin a few times a week for breakfast... I eat corn white potatoes or carrots maybe once a month. I don't miss them ... I do miss my pasta, so I do have Dreamfields WWpasta about once a week.

sarahyu
08-21-2006, 10:13 AM
I don't really like white potatoes that much. I found that I liked the butter, sour cream and bacon bits on top of the potato.

I eat whole grain bread (5g fiber-40 calories) daily 1-2 slices. Bread can be tricky.

I'll eat carrots sometimes when I have a salad or need something crunchy, probably a couple times a month.

Corn I'll eat in the summer when it's fresh and oh so good. I even eat it raw. I try to control myself-2 ears a week when it's in season. The rest of the year I don't want it.

Barb0522
08-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Carrots are now allowed in phase 2. I occasionally have them in salad or in a stew. I love them in beef or lamb stew.

I hardly ever eat potatoes but then I never cared for them much. I eat sweet potato 2-3 times a month. I am more likely to add a turnip to a stew in place of potatoes.

I eat corn on the cob once or twice a year. Brian doesn't care for it on the cob and I don't care for it otherwise so we just eat other vegetables.

I will eat a sandwich with bread once or twice a week but I am more likely to use a tortilla or pita bread than regular bread. I love pita bread pizza although I am now hooked on portobello mushroom pizza. I do make bread crumbs from toasted whole wheat bread and use that occasionally.