Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:43 AM   #1  
Back on Program!

Default Weigh in at Home 08/20-08/26

Starting the thread!!
Old 08-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #2  
Back on Program!

Hello everyone!
I am down a pound (really for last week Fri, but I didn't get a chance to post on last week's thread). We leave on the 1st for MA for my cousin's wedding, so I would like to lose a few more before then. But it's okay, because the last time I saw my cousin I weighed 225. We are going to spend the day in Boston after the wedding. I've never been, I'm excited!
Things are somewhat better with DH. He finally opened up to me and I re-iterated his need for professional counseling for his depression. I put the ball in his court and hopefully he will accept responsibility for his health care. He has been better about showing me affection and treating me the way I deserve to be treated. We'll see if it lasts, I'm being realistic and taking care of myself and my girls.
I have been "running" while the girls are at swim practice in the evenings. My thighs have been KILLING me!!! But it feels so good to be able to run a little farther each time. Then I run/walk for about 45 minutes. I want to be able to run another 5K and actually RUN the whole time! We'll see if I can keep it up!
I am once again at 180, my nemesis! I am really hoping to see a 7 on Friday (and NOT 187!!). Those 170's are so elusive!

Judy--I hope you had a lovely time at the beach, my favorite place!
Karen--welcome back to the board (again!)
Carla--keep up with the H2O, I need to do the same as I have fallen off the water bandwagon lately.
Gina--I responded to your novel! Hang in there!
Lisa--you are doing great, keep it up!

If I forgot anyone, have a great week and stay on program! We're all in this together!
Old 08-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #3  

Gina - congratulations on being down a pound and into the next points range even with the week you had. Sun Chips are definitely yummy and having anything other than single size serving packs are too dangerous for me. Good for you for stopping. I had a problem during the week with snacking too. The friends we met for dinner out at the beach brought over a couple of bags of trail mix - with chocolate chips (we had wine and a few snacks before we left for dinner)!!! I managed to ignore the trail mix until after dinner when I just dug in and ended up finishing both packs in two days! The important thing was that I counted it and stopped. OK, I stopped when the trail mix was gone but I didn't buy anything more ;-)

Rachel - WTG on the loss and for your running! It is such goiod exercise but just be careful that you have good shoes because it can be tough on your joints.I'm glad to hear that things with DH are better. I'm glad your being realistic - that will be the best approach however things turn out in the end. I hope you saw the 7 on Friday. Boston is a great city, even though I'm a Yankee fan ;-) I'm sure your cousin won't recognize you as you;ve lost so much. I hope you take the time to pat yourself on the back for how much you've accomplished.

We had a lovely vacation - grea weather, lots of reading and relaxation. Other than my mid-week snack attack (note to self: NEVER keep trail mix with chocolate in the house) I did OK with the eating. I walked as much as my back would allow (dancing too much at the wedding on Friday before vacation REALLY did a number on my back) and Tony and I even got on to the tennis court. Of course, I lasted only 20 minutes and really just hit balls that I didn't have to move much for but it was fun (even though I felt it the rest of the day). I recovered from my snacking and had a very low point day on Friday and was awarded with a maintain at Saturday's weigh-in. I'm very pleased with it; it's the first time I didn't gain on vacation.

Last night was a bit rough. Tony went down to AC (for a blackjack tournament) on my encouragement. I didn't want to go for a number of reasons - my back couldn't take another 3 plus hours of travel (more if we hit beach traffic down to the Jersey shore), too crowded and smoky on weekends - but we hadn't been down there since the accident in April so Tony went down Friday afternoon and just came back. He had fun and I had a nice day at my parent's pool. We went out to dinner and had pizza and salad. I ended up snacking a lot last night - my guess is that t was because Tony was away, which for whatever reason, has ended up in my snacking too much. Today is a new day though and I'm giong to try to make it as low point as possible. I want to save most of the 24 flex points I have left through Friday for Friday. On Friday, weather permitting, my sister is going to join us at my parent's pool and we're going to go out to dinner at this great place where they have hot pressed sandwiches, with all kinds of fabulous combinations of fillings on ciabatta (sp?) bread. I'm off to do my PT stretches.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 08-20-2006, 06:10 PM   #4  
On My Way to Healthy!!!!

Good evening everyone.

My keyboard batteries are on the fritz, sorry for any typos.

I joined last weeeeek . My first weigh-in is tomorroww.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:18 PM   #5  
On My Way to Healthy!!!!

Okay, I switched keyboards and mouses with my kids computer. This seems to be working much better. The keys and the mouse will take a little getting used to.

Anyway, I started ww last week. I weigh almost 300 pounds. I feel terrible. I have been counting points on my own. I haven't bought the program yet. I had to go back to the doctor on Thursday and I had already lost 4 pounds. What is up with that???

I will do my official weigh in tomorrow.

I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Amy
Old 08-21-2006, 09:54 AM   #6  
On My Way to Healthy!!!!

I weighed in this morning for the first time. I have been on ww for exactly one week. I feel like I have eaten constantly. I have not been deprived. I have improved my eating habits. I exercise in 20 minutes increments every other day. And I weighed in this morning.

The scales dropped by 5.6 lbs since last Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sikked (sp).

I just had to share. This is wonderful, hopeful, encouraging news to me. I know not every week will be like this, but this is a great start for me. And it motivates me to keep on, keeping on.

I really need some encouragement. It would be great to get some from you guys. That is why I joined.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:57 AM   #7  

Hi Amy and welcome! You had a fabulous first week - congratulations! The weight loss does tend to slow down after the first few weeks (a lot of what you lose the first week is water) but it is a great motivator and even when the weight loss slows down, it's good to know that you are losing weight the "right" way (and what comes off more slowly stays off more than huge losses with crazy diets.)

It's good to hear you say that you feel like your eating habits are improving. So much of what we are trying to do here is changing our lifestyle, not just "being on a diet." Kudos to you for getting in the activity right away too!

I think you'll find that our weekly threads are busier sometimes and sometimes more quiet. I try to check in every day but there are days I miss. Still, we are a supportive group and I know we'll be able to help each other.

I guess I haven't introduced myself in quite a while so here goes. I'm 49, married with a step daughter and grandson. I live on Long Island (suburbs of NYC) and in the last few years changed careers from technology on Wall Street to teaching. I've been on WW for quite a loooong time (we're talking years); I'd always get to a certain point (not my goal weight, not my 10%) and then stop. I guess the important thing is that I kept coming back and this time (since the spring) things are really clicking for me. I think it's because of the realization that I was going to be 50 next year and did NOT want to be at the weight I was. It's funny - I really feel that Bob Greene/Oprah have it right when they say it's more what's in your head than what you eat. I've known what to eat and to get in activity for a long time but the "head games" used to win out. Not any more.

I love to exercise (I know I'm one of the few who does) but have been unable to do the things I like since I was in a car accident in April. I've been in PT for a few months and aside from stretching, am doing strengthening exercises as part of my PT program. I try to do what I can; today I walked to the library to return a book (about a mile round trip) and may try to do a little gentle yoga after I do my PT stuff.

OK, introduction done. I had a good day yesterday and managed not to use any flex points, even after have a very annoying conversation with a cousin. Even though the squirrels got almost all our beefsteak tomatoes, I did have a yummy tomato sandwich yesterday - we bought some fabulous tomatoes from a farm stand on our way back from out East on Friday. I'm going to try to stick within my point target again today (I see a tomato sandwich in my future again) as the weather report looks good for our pool get together/dinner out on Friday. Luckily, I have plenty of veggies to nosh on during the last Yankees/Boston game this afternoon.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 08-21-2006, 03:33 PM   #8  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm SO excited!!!

I'm so excited I just had to share with people that I knew would understand!

I started the WW flex plan at home two weeks ago today without any books or info other than what I could find on this site. I then ordered the materials from the WW site, and due to a shipping error I just received them this past Wednesday. Anyway, I started counting points and walking for my exercise 14 days ago, and when I got on the nurses scale this morning at school I was down 9 pounds! Talk about incentive! That is all I needed!

Thanks for letting me share!

Kelly
Old 08-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hey all!!!! I was bad on the weekend, but I am back today!!! I have had 17 pts. and I have 4 left. I will use them for a snack. I rode my exercise bike 20 miles. Kelly congratulations again on your loss!!! You should be very proud!! Everyone have a great night. I had to make this quick, because my husband wants my attention. If I missed any ones acheivements or anything I am sorry. I usually go through and read new posts, but not enough time tonight. Everyone have a great night!!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone!!

Ok, I knew last week's 4-pound loss was too good to be true after the French food and the Thai food! So this week it caught up with me, and I had no loss at all! No gain either, but no loss! I'm still at 254. I did well with my points all week (certainly didn't go over or use all my flex points) and I walked six out of seven days. I figure it's just my body adjusting from the big losses the weeks before. I knew it was coming, so I'm not too upset about it. It's nice to see the number go down, though, so I hope it does next week!!
Old 08-24-2006, 07:56 PM   #11  

Kelly - Welcome and congratulations on your fabulous start!

pacemomof4 - Good for you for getting back on track after a rough weekend and getting on the bike - 20 miles is really impressive!

Lisa - a maintain is still a good result. I think you are right that your body is adjusting to the loss. Yes, losses are definitely motivating but I'm glad that you're not disappointed. The weight loss journey has its ups and downs but the key is not letting the little bumps in the road get you down.

Sorry I haven't been around. I had a bad muscle spasm in my back yesterday morning which really did a number on me. I don't know why it happened but I spent the afternoon and evening on muscle relaxers - I couldn't stand up straight. PT this morning helped - she "calmed things down", no exercises and I'm just allowed to do a little stretching today. I've had an OK couple of days eating-wise - maybe a little bit more snacking than I would have liked - but I still have 14 flex points for tomorrow's day at the pool and dinner out. I'm really looking forward to seeing my sister - she's been really busy work-wise and I haven't seen her in a while

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 08-25-2006, 09:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hello everyone!! I guess the other day I posted on the wrong thread. I am glad though that I did because I would like to join all of you!! Well Judy I love to exercise too!! I haven't always been like that though. I ride my exercise bike lots because it is too hot to go ride my street bike. I started working out again at Curves today. I figured I drive right by everyday on my way home from work, I might as well rejoin.I also thought it would be a good idea to get my measurements done regularly. I enjoy the exercise much better than I did a year ago. I think I am just at a different place in my life now. This time I really want to do this. I want to be healthy and feel great!!! I also am sooooo sick of being fat and tired all the time!! My energy level is off the chain now!!! When I do have a "bad" day or make a "bad" choice I get right back to track. I also try to exercise more to make up for my slip. Anyway I hope you all have a great weekend. I will try to check in tomorrow.
Closed Thread