LA Weight Loss - New to LA weight Loss

View Full Version : New to LA weight Loss

Nascar Girl
08-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone! I joined Wednesday and have been drinking my juice! :carrot:
a friend of mine told we they were having a sale 2 for 1 and lose all you want so I signed up with another girlfriend. We have to drive 50 miles to the closest center though. They are working with us on that so it won't be so stressful! We go back tonight to get our plans. I have 52 pounds to lose and they said it would take me 25 weeks. So I should be down to my goal by February. It sounds like it will work with my hectic schedule so I do hope it will. :wave: Just wanted to say hi and I will need losts of support!!

bizlawchik
08-18-2006, 05:09 PM
:welcome2: Nascar! You will find our daily chatter in the Losers and Friends thread. Just jump on in and ask any questions you may have.

Here is some :dust: to get you started!

Repo girl
08-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi and welcome!

sznn
08-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Nascar - Hi and welcome!

Biz - I think it is so cute how you have taken on the position of 3FC - LAWL welcome wagon...Good job
Also wanted to respond to your suggestion of T/o + 5 days of slimfast.
I may give it a try in Sept.
I have been doing T/O practically every two weeks to rid the lbs from the excessive indulgences.
Here comes another weekend of socializing- eating -drinking and being merry. Yikes!:dizzy:
-S

bizlawchik
08-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Sznn - Well, Katie was MIA for most of the day so someone had to take over! LOL

Nascar Girl
08-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Thanks ya'll

sforck97@yahoo.com
08-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Welcome Kayla. Your going to love it here and also with LAWL. Everyone is great and very helpful. Im also new so we can do it together. NASCAR. I love nascar. Its great. Good luck.

STACY

Prazteam
08-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Hi Nascar - Welcome! I guess a Nascar fan will be aiming for the "finish line" with LAWL. If you needs lots of support, you've come to the right place. I've only been here a short time but everyone is wonderful!
I'm new, so we'll be new together along with Stacy and all the other newbies!

Nascar Girl
08-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Pearl - yep gonna be reaving up my eingine! :D I definately will need support!
Stacy - yep I'm a fan! my drive is Bobby Labonte altough he's not doing too good lately at least he's being consistant! wow how long have you and Pearl been on plan? ya'll are doing great!

I'm on the purple plan; I feel like I'm gonna explode from all this food I ate today :yikes: I think this has been my problem....I don't eat enough! Go figure a fat girl who don eat enough! :lol:
Thanks so much for the warm welcome ladies! I look forward to chating with ya'll!

Prazteam
08-20-2006, 03:09 AM
Kayla - Great name by the way! Dh and I started two weeks ago. He's lost 14.8 pounds and I'm not weighing again untl my TOM is over. It's too depressing!
Purple huh?, I'm on the red, started out on the blue. Had dizzies, weakness, found out they started us on the wrong plan... Oh well.
As you can see, it's late, I'm getting up in 4 hours and I've got 30 people coming for a cookout for my 16 yr old son's birthday this afternoon.
Have a great rest of the weekend. I'll see ya at the race tomorrow!

hereicome
08-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi, I am new too. Just finishing my 2nd day. Didn't realize how expensive the program was going to be buying the bars and supplements. Have to figure out how to save some $$. Irene

Nascar Girl
08-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Irene - :welcome3:
I agree; I thought it was a bit much too; I bought the bars at sign up so they were "discounted" so they say but that's were the cost is.... in those bars; I didn't buy all the supplements only a few; they were having a 35% off sale so I bought some to try that my girlfriend said worked for her the FB500 and Trimax and Carb Crave one

Tree0164
08-23-2006, 10:16 AM
I just called a center and they said there was no food to buy from them or supplements.

Is that true?

bizlawchik
08-23-2006, 10:44 AM
That is true. Sort of. They have supplements available that are pretty expensive when compared with other things out there at Walmart and Vitamin World, etc.

They also have LA Lites, which are soy protein bars. You buy them at $15/box of 7 and you use 2 a day, so it's about $30/week. However, you are not obligated to use them. Some on this board substitute other bars. You get the bars at a discount, though, if you purchase them in bulk at the beginning of your program. They really push the bars, but they are NOT required. That being said, a lot of us on the board do use the bars because they give you a sweet treat twice a day. I don't buy the "plastic surgery in a box" claim, but I use them because I like them better than Luna Bars.

Bottom line... this is a great program, and it works. It is not cheap, and it does seem expensive at first because you pay all of your weight loss weeks and maintenance weeks up front. But... if you compare the price of the weeks, and the Lites to a week at Weight Watchers, you will see that it's pretty comparable. And definitely cheaper than Jenny Craig or NutriSystem or any other thing that you use their food.

Hope this helps.

Prazteam
08-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Tree - Not exactly. No you don't HAVE to buy their products and some choose not to. We've found most of their supplements have something comparable at GNC or Walmart for 1/2 or 1/3 of their price. The bars are expensive and you can use other bars less expensive. I read here somewhere that you can use Pria, Luna, or Kashi, but the Luna's are the closest thing to theirs. I've been using Pria because I can buy them by the box at Costco 36/$19. The Lunas are .98 at Walmart.
Hope this helps.

kicker_RN
08-23-2006, 11:49 AM
I am unable to use any of the bars or supplements and am losing just fine. I think what I like about this program is that it is a lifestyle adjustment not a diet. You learn to eat the right types of food in the right amounts. At my center they don't even push the supplements. If you don't use them you don't use them.
Barb

ChocLabLover
08-23-2006, 02:46 PM
:welcome3: to the forum! Pretty much what everyone one else has said. It is your choice whether to use the bars or not. My COD is very good about and do not push anything on me.

Nascar Girl
08-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Tree: There is no "food" per say like with Jenny Craig and Nutri System but the bars are recommended for 2 a day in order to get your refund back at the end of your plan. The supplements are there if you want them; My center didn't push them; they told me what they do; I had a GF that told me she tried the ones I mentioned earlier and they seem to work for her so I thought I'd try them. You do have to pay up front but you can ask for the care credit plan which will give you 90 days interest free if that helps. It's a medical CC that can be used for any medical expense like root canals, weightloss; etc. At my center they had different package plans that were discounted if purchased up front.

StargazerJMK
08-23-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't use their bars or suppliments. I decided early on they were just too much money. Plus that, the 1/2 they guaranteed to give me back at the end if my maintenance wasn't NEAR as much as I would have paid out for the bars. I'll pay for the extra weeks if need be. $48.00 is a lot better than $1,400.00 in my book.

Tree0164
08-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Thanks for all of your replies. I didn't mean to hijack this thread.

I need to do something about my weight. I weigh 220 and my sister's wedding is next fall and I don't want to be the fat maid of honor. I can't afford to spend hundreds on supplements but LA weight loss seems like a good program from what I have seen.

I told my husband that I was thinking of joining La weight loss and he said sure go for it even when I said it would be quite expensive. He knows that I want to lose this weight and is very supportive.

weightloss115
08-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi Everyone. I am just starting (over). So far I am pleased with the plan, I just need to be a bit more disciplined now that the Summer Vacation is over. I look forward to going through this journey with you. My goal is to lose 115 in 52 weeks.

hereicome
08-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Well, I decided to buy the bars.Figured I needed to make a commitment to myself and investing in the bars and would hopefully make me straight to the program. So I am committed to this. I want to make this happen.