Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-18-2006, 01:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Wink WOW, what a difference

This my first week really getting serious with exercise. I have always put it off, i guess once you start to put it off, you forget how good you feel after working out. I should probably post this in the exercise forum, but i thought i might encourage those that are like me...the ones that when they are not exercising do not even go to the exercise forum...no sense in rubbing it in, that i am not exercising, right? So anyway. I just wanted to attest to what a difference exercise has made in me this week. I lost two pounds, when i should have lost none because of a bad weekend prior. But that is not even the best part. I used to say, i dont even have energy to clean the house, there is no way i can exercise AND clean the house. So exercise was put on the back burner. Well, i knew if i wanted to lose this week i was going to have to get on the ball...the balance ball, that is. So i got off my bum and planned to put cleaning on the back burner. I even surprised myself though. I did my 38 minute workout then discovered that my energy runnith over. The exercise gave me energy to clean the house. So all this time, i was avoiding exercise cause i didnt have the energy to even clean my house...who knew, all i had to do was exercise and i would have the energy to clean.

Plus i just feel better, my spirits are higher, my body feels tighter in places that have felt more blobby than usual, ha ha. But overall, to all those putting off exercise due to lack of energy...i challenge you to one really good 30-40 minute workout and then tell me you have no energy.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You put that very well. Sooo many people believe that exercising is going to use up some of their already meager energy, when it actually provides more.
I'm not new at this and it's still a lesson I'm learning.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Maybe it's different for different people--I've done both exercise for a minimum 30 minutes nearly every day and not exercise at all for months at a time. Maybe it's just me, but even when I was exercising all the time (and not just for a week or whatever, but for a fewmonths at a time), I felt completely exhausted and just wanted a nap after my workout. I tried changing it up--I used an elliptical, did Tae Bo, used a treadmill, lifted weights...it all just made me feel pooped For everyone's sake, I hope I am the exception rather than the norm
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Jill, maybe you need to fool with your fuel. I prefer to exercise on an empty stomach (no good reason, I just do) but I have to eat soon after or my blood sugar bottoms out ... awful feeling!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 259/140/140

Height: 5'6"

I eat a protein bar 30 minutes before exercise and drink a protein drink and eat a piece of fruit right after. I have tons of energy after, that is why I always go to the gym in the a.m. My husband loves when I exercise. It increases my libido. (the dancing carrots are from him).
Terrie
gettingsmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:15 PM   #6  

Last school year, I finally figured out that I HAVE to workout before class. I just won't go after class cuz I feel too stressed out... But if I go before class, early in the morning - like 6 or 7am, I feel great the rest of the day and generally don't get nearly as stressed out.
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have found that on days that I have no energy to clean my house, that I have more energy after a good walk on the treadmill. I then have a big glass of water and I get after the chores.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #8  

Stacy.. I know what you're talking about.. I feel great after excercise too, but am in a slum right now. My problem had always been getting started, and I've been trying to figure out how to for the past 5 months but I just couldn't get myself to!!! I know am lazy, but this is too much! I am losing weight because I am getting few calories everyday (thanks to my WLS- and even that is an a plateau right now), but I don't feel very healthy because I am not moving! I need something to motivate me BAAD.. My whole motive for WLS and losing weight was to get healthy (it won't hurt to look good too, ), but am not doing it
Della1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Exercise is funny, there is some kind of "click" that has to happen in my brain. I can mope around and complain about how i need to exercise and it will literally take me weeks, sometimes months to get the energy to actually do it. Usually I have to have something happen...like see a bad pictue of myself, or over hear a snide comment...then i get motivated and get to work. But when i am a slump there is nothing anyone can say to get me out of the slump...it is just something that has to come from within. So i know where you are coming from Della.

I also know about the feeling tired after the exercise...there is a sweet spot that i have to hit. If i work out too much i am exhausted. If i dont work out enough i am exhausted. It seems that 30-40 minutes is my peak of perfection.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote