Old 08-16-2006, 09:49 PM   #1  

Default I Have Finally Started

I am proud to say that I have been dieting successfully for one month and 3 days. As of last Sunday, I have lost 12 pounds. I feel great. I am not following any particular diet. I have decided that I should eat when my stomach tells me not when my brain wants to. I am not eating any sweets or junk food. The first week was detox. I did have some cravings, but they have ceased. I try to watch my portions, and choose a variety of foods. As far as the fat content is concerened, I just try to stay away from really high fat food. I have never tried to diet like this before. I was always counting something or other when I was trying to diet. I feel that made me think too much about food.I am strickly going by how my stomach feels. I do not eat until I am really filled, I stop when I am comfortable. I try to eat something every couple of hours to keep hunger away. I always make sure I eat enough protein. That also keeps hunger away. If anyone would like to join me with this diet philosphy, please do. I would love to have company on my journey. I will do it this time. I know I can. I feel wonderful.
I do have over 100lbs to lose, so my journey will be a long one.
ChrisPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I think the chicks that follow "intuitive" eating philosopy/diet follow that. Look them up. I need more control for me, but I hope to aim there by maintence. I can see that it is positively working for you. Congrats!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:44 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafinlySmart View Post
I think the chicks that follow "intuitive" eating philosopy/diet follow that. Look them up. I need more control for me, but I hope to aim there by maintence. I can see that it is positively working for you. Congrats!
I did not know there was a name for this way of eating. I sort of just fell into myself. As far as the control issue, I am trying to control my mind by how my stomach feels. I am very satified with my food choices, which will help me to stay on this plan.
I have searched the community forums and did not find that much on this way of dieting. I thought that I could communicate with those who have over 100 lbs. to lose. Do I need to search out a particular group? Does everyone on this forum diet the same way?
ChrisPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:47 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Congratulations, Chris! I am happy for you and glad your plan is working! Great job!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Congratulations on finding what works for you! And, no, everyone here follows whatever plan works for them. Our common thread is that we have a lot of weight to lose! So please join in wherever and whenever you want.

There is a thread on intuitive eating here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...tuitive+eating

Last edited by Sheila53; 08-17-2006 at 12:17 AM.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Chris: I'm on a similar plan. I realized that I needed to incorporate the foods I was used to if I was going to succeed on any kind of weight loss program. I re evaluated how much I eat of a thing, how I cooked a thing and how often I craved a thing. This way I know how to make my mind happy while I make my body healthy and happy. It's a teach an old dog a new trick kind of thing. I'm so happy that you found what works for you. Sometimes that's the hardest part of dieting. Finding what works for you so that you can learn to eat to live, not live to eat.
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Its so interesting how we're all so different! I am so glad you found something that works for you! I think finding that is half of the battle isn't it? Congratulations on your weight loss thus far! That is outstanding! Keep up the good work!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote