Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169.8/163.4/140ish

Default Disappointing Loss...Getting Discouraged - Need advice!

Hi Ladies,
This is week 5 for me and I've been doing pretty decent...down about 1-2 lbs. each week. Well, during those weeks, I've gone out on the weekends, and drank and eaten my way all the way up to 35 on the flexies. This past week. I was an ANGEL! I ate 17 of my flexies...instead of all of them. And i even earned some APS...but my loss this week? .2lbs. I know we're supposed to be excited about any loss, but I tried really hard and did what I thought was "good." Can anyone offer some insight??
Thanks!
Old 08-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #2  

Well if you don't follow the plan every day you can't expect results because it will catch up with you. The other thing is you can't expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week when you don't have that much to lose. When you have tracked your weight for 2-3 months you will see a pattern develop when you have losses and then when your body is losing inches, almost nothing. If you stick with the program, you will see results.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169.8/163.4/140ish

Hi Susan,
THank you for the advice. Maybe I wasn't clear, but I actually have been following the program. I'm just saying that the weeks where I ate ALL my flex points (35) and stuck to my 22 points a day....I lost 1-2 lbs. This past week, I stuck to my 22 points a day, earned 4 APs and only ate about HALF of my flex points (17) and only lost .2.

I know weight losses are slow...but this was just discouraging. I followed the plan correctly both times. I realize that it's not as fast as others...but...it's just sad when i try extra hard, I don't do as well.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:56 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

You have to eat all your flex points, or at least close to it. Your metabolism might be rebelling against the low amounts of calories, especially with the activity points.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:09 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMsKitty View Post
...I'm just saying that the weeks where I ate ALL my flex points (35) and stuck to my 22 points a day....I lost 1-2 lbs.
Don't you think you just answered your own post. You body needs more caloric/point intake thus you have better losses when you at more

Quote:
This past week, I stuck to my 22 points a day, earned 4 APs and only ate about HALF of my flex points (17) and only lost .2.
Many times adding or even changing (increase or decrease intensity, change time done) what you do for exercise can cause water retention in the muscles causing gains or maintains in weight. This is temporary until the body adjusts. Additionally many of us tend to need to eat the APs along with most if not all of our FPs for the week.

Quote:
know weight losses are slow...but this was just discouraging. I followed the plan correctly both times. I realize that it's not as fast as others...but...it's just sad when i try extra hard, I don't do as well.
You cut way back on what your body was used it and it rebelled. Eat those points the more you use while losing the more you get usually on maintenance. Listen to your body it lost better when you ate so eat!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

Isn't it funny that you have to eat to lose?

I just spend the past five days completely off of my diet (drinking, french fies, fast food, candy bars, pie, and other high-point things I've been missing).

I weighed myself today expecting at least a five pound gain.

But no... a one pound loss! I don't know how it happened, but I am not complaining!
Closed Thread