Exercise! - Everyday Exercisers to Turkey Day

View Full Version : Everyday Exercisers to Turkey Day

Dena
09-06-2001, 09:19 AM
Hi Everyone!

Welcome to any newcomers. This thread focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goal is to stay active, hydrated and make healthy eating choices. As an added incentive, we are going to try to exercise as many days as we can before Thanksgiving. Let's show our relatives how good we can look. That'll ruffle some feathers. :)

Come join us in our healthy lifestyle.

(Hugs),
Dena

Dena
09-06-2001, 09:24 AM
I'm going to do my Body Flex tape now (Yoga/breathing) and promise to go to the gym this afternoon. I'll post more later.

Have a great day, everyone!

(Hugs),
Dena

Dena
09-06-2001, 11:53 AM
Tweeter, so great to see you on the board again!!! I think you're doing a great job jogging and walking. I can hardly jog at all on the track. You're doing a fantastic job!!! I'd love to get out there and jog for (what did you say on the last thread?... ) 45 minutes?! :eek: I'd love to be able to do it for 5. :lol: Right now I can jog on the treadmill for 2 minutes, then walk fast for 10, then jog for 2, then walk fast for another 10, then another 2... totally 6 minutes of jogging. But that's about it for now.

Keep up the great work!!!!! And let us know your progress!
(Hugs),
Dena

jusdoit
09-06-2001, 01:52 PM
Wow! This thread is JUMPIN' WITH ENERGY :D:D

Shasta - the a.m. workout is the ONLY way for me too. It's too easy for me to get sidetracked by the end of the day (or even by noon). Your 6 day goal sounds awesome - YOU CAN DO IT!!

Dena - WOOHOO you are HAPPENIN' :lol: I'm so glad you are joining me in my goal! We will do this and we will be struttin' our feathers on t-day :D .

Tweeter - Your running progress sounds great. Have you ever heard the advice that you should only increase your running by 10% per week? I think it's a good rule of thumb to prevent injury and to give you a guideline for progression. 45 minutes is an excellent goal and I predict that once you're there - you'll be anxious to get to the hour mark ;) . YOU GO GIRL !!

As for me, I hate to sound like a broken record, but again this morning it was my GOAL that got me to the gym :D . I was up most of the night with my 1 yr old dd. My dh and I took turns rocking her to sleep, but she never slept for more than 1/2 hour at a time. Poor little pumpkin - I think she's teething. ANYWAY, I kept saying to myself all night, "don't use this as an excuse not to workout in the morning." So, when the alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. (predictably, just when I fell asleep), I thought about my goal and off I went to the gym. I did 20 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of lifecycle. Nothing heroic, but I DID IT and that's what counts.

I'm so proud of us all!!! Keep on keepin' on :cool:

tupo_girl
09-06-2001, 04:33 PM
I decided not to excercise today. I just got my staples out and my head is more sensitive than it has been. I can't imagine putting my bike helmet on right now. Plus I have a nasty cold and I was up for almost 24 hours straight yesterday. I'm just going to take it easy. Did get in some walking at the mall today and may go out again later. I also have no appetite so I'm not going to worry about it at all. Congrats on all of you who are getting into it though!
In Christ,
Pamela

Shasta27
09-06-2001, 07:12 PM
Hello Dena, Just do it, Pam, Tweeter:

How ya all doing today! Sounds great, everyone is doing so good, Proud of YOU!!!! I did my rower for 21 minutes and did my weighttraining for 20 min. Hmm...I feel pretty good for my 4th day this week. I think next week I will bump up my time on the rower to 22 min. I think if I do it slowly my body will adjust fine, hopefully. I noticed i have more room in my clothes. I've been debating whether I'm really seeing results...I remeasure in another week so hopefully I see some positve results. I do feel a difference already in my energy level compared to only excercising 3 time a week, big difference.

Dena: good job with your flex tape. Have u ever read Covert Baily?? He really recommends wind sprints to increase your fitness level, which is basically what your doin ;-) I read his book when I first started out. Good job! Keep burin those calories.

Just do it: You don't sound like a broken record ;-) I'm so amazed at your motivation. Keeps me inline ;-) I think your doing a great job. Doesn't it feel good after you do the weights?

Tweeter: Keep up the great work on the running. Takes so much motivation and yeah your doing it!!!!!

Pam: It's nice your resting today. Give your body time to heal. You'll have plenty of time afterwards after your feeling much better.

Great job ladies. Keep burning thos Calories!!!!!!

Shasta

Dena
09-07-2001, 12:04 PM
Good Morning, Everyone!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

Everyone is doing such a great job!!!!!

I'm kinda behind the eight ball this morning, so I will post more later. Just wanted to check in with everyone and say "hi."

Have a great day filled with lots of exercise and water.

Talk to you later.
(Hugs),
Dena

jusdoit
09-07-2001, 02:27 PM
Hi Gang! I had a great swim this morning. 50 minutes of laps (about 1.25 miles). That's day 7 :D . And the best part is - tomorrow is Saturday - NO 5:00 A.M. WAKE-UP CALL :lol: .

Pamela - sorry to hear about your cold. I hope you're feeling much better and stronger very soon :) .

Shasta - good job on the rowing/weighttraining. I agree, the weight lifting does feel good. I think it's sooo important. I just ordered a book called "Hot Point Fitness" that's supposed to be a good guide to weight training. I'll let you know if I like it. We just got a rower at my gym and I've only been on it once, but I loved it - great workout!

Dena - sounds like you have a busy day. I have no doubt that you'll get a workout (or 2 ;) ) in today. Keep us posted.

Everyone have a wonderful and ACTIVE weekend. As the fat man says, you guys "rock." (Check out his site at onefatman.com. He's a hoot! :lol: ).

Dena
09-07-2001, 09:34 PM
Hi Guys!

I'm happy to report that I walked with my hubby at lunchtime, then went to the gym where I got on the treadmill for 35 minutes (walked fast/jogged), got on the stationary bike for 10 minutes and worked out on the weight machines for 20 minutes. Then I joined an aerobics class aleady in progress and did 30 mintes of that. Woooooohoooooo, I'm burning those cals. Burn, baby, burn.

Jusdoit, thanks for the motivation! After reading your message about you doing 1.25 miles of laps in 50 minutes, I was inspired. Wow, 7 days of swimming in a row. FANTASTIC!!!!

Shasta, congratulatioins for bumping up the time on your rower and weighttraining! Congrats also on your clothes being much looser these days.!!!! I know your measurements will have positive results. That's so great!! By the way, I have read Covert Bailey's book a long time ago. That's probably where I got the idea to walk/jog. Thanks for the reminder.

Pamela, I hope your head feels a lot better. Please take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. We'll be right here waiting for you.

By the way guys, do you have any suggestions on running shoes? I was just wondering what are some good all-around athletic shoes.

I will walk with my hubby Sat. and Sun. Those are my more relaxed days.

Here's to a fantastic weekend!!!! Talk to you on Monday.
(Hugs),
Dena

Shasta27
09-09-2001, 02:04 PM
Hello Ladies:

How is your weekend going?? I hope nice and relaxing.
Well I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I did my denise austin tape. I was pretty happy I only stopped once thru the whole 20 minutes. I fulfilled my goal this week!!!!!!wooohoooo!
I noticed a big big difference in my energy level though. I really think this is what I needed!
I'm going to stick with denise for awhile though, maybe alternate her with Taebo in a little bit. I measured, I just couldn't wait til the 20th. I did go down another inch or so in some places. Since June I probaly have lost a total of 2-5 inches in places. I'm just using the tape measure for now. So goal for this week is to excercise five times this week! Bump up my time on the rower to 22 minutes. I thought that every week I can bump up my rower time by one minute til I reach 45 minutes.
So I'm getting there ;-)

Dena:
Congrats on such a great workout!!!!!! I think that is so great all those fat burning excercisies. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! I'm so happy to meet someone who actually knows covert bailey...wheww. My husbands friend actually has helped me with my excercise/weightraining program and he gave me his book. It has been so helpful to me, inspiring. Keep up the Fantastic work.

Just do it: Great job on swimming!!!! It sounds so rivitalizing. Let me know how what you think of the book. I'm constantly looking for new info on weightraining, whether by internet or books. This rowing machine....is fabulous though...it's one of those concept's. I love it. Even tells ya how many calories your burning. Keep on Burning those Calories ;-)

Pam: I hope your feeling better!!!!

So today I'm resting. I will be ready to go on Monday....My goal is to excercise five times this week!!!!!!! Looking foward to it.
Burn that fat ladies!!!!!!

Take care,
SHASTA

jusdoit
09-10-2001, 02:27 PM
Today is day 10 of my exercise streak! (Dena - I didn't mean to imply that I had been swimming 7 days in a row - just that I had exercised 7 days in a row. I usually swim 2x a week:) ). Saturday I did 20 mins weights and 40 mins. on the bike. Sunday I played tennis for 2 hours (hadn't picked up my racket in over a year - lots of ball chasing:D ), and this morning I had a 34 minute (sore from tennis) run. FEELING GOOOOOOD:cool: !

Dena - you are one BURNIN' BABE :devil: !! As far as running shoes go, obviously everyone has different needs, but I happen to LOVE my saucony's. There's a great website for you to check out - roadrunnersports.com (sorry I don't know how to create a link). You can get some good advice on shoes as well as order online and find some bargains. I always order my shoes from there. I hope you find it helpful :) .

Shasta - Good job on your denise tape and the rowing. I think bumping up the rowing time one minute a week is an excellent plan. I would definitely recommend you check out the book "Hot Point Fitness." I've run it by a couple of guys that seem to know what they're doing in the weight room and they think it's a really good program. I'm enjoying reading it and plan to start incorporating it into my workouts. There are three phases in the book - I predict I will probably stop at phase 2 since phase 3 is extremely intense (more for professional athletes :eek: ).

Pamela - you're in my thoughts and I'm sending you loads of healing vibes!

Time to get to work. Have a great day everyone!

Shasta27
09-10-2001, 05:52 PM
Hello ladies:

How's you today?? I hope good.
Are you burning those calories ;-)
Today is a good day. I did my rower for 22 minutes. yah! I did about 25 minutes of weightraining. I always feel so good after weightraining. DId you enjoy your weekend??
I'm excited about my five day excercise plan. My second week this week. I really think the key for me is adding the aerobic, I have alot more energy. Right now denise is a good challenge for me. I'm learning her moves so it's beginning to be a lot more enjoyable.
Had a good weekend. Done some major house cleaning...even put my ole man to work...hehe. John and I are hoping to start the MS gym soon.
I think I'll drag my sis for a walk tonight....
Today is a new week and a new goal ;)

Just do it: Thanks for the encouragement, it helps out so much to keep me motivated. I will definately check out that book, I've been looking for a good weightraining book. COngrats on DAY 10, WOOHOO!!!!!! Good job swimming and Tennis!!!!!!

Dena: Great job DENA! Someday I will be able to do all your doing, that's so good. It gives me something to look forward to once I'm really fit. Good job running, walking, aerobics and weightraining. Your really burning that FAT!

Pam: hope your feeling better this week!

Have a nice evening/day!
BUrn those calories !

SHASTA

Dena
09-10-2001, 08:30 PM
Well, guys, we're really doing it. I'm soooo proud of us!!!!

Jusdoit, I love the fact that you vary your exercise. I know that you are really working your whole body that way.

Shasta, Congratulations on losing 5 inches!!!! You're doing such a great job, exercising to Denise Austin and working out on those weight machines.

Today I walked with my hubby at lunch, rode my stationary bike for 30 minutes and did my Body Flex tape. I wanted to go to the gym, but had to wait for a phone call. Am I the only one in the world without a cell phone? :dizzy: Well, in any event, I'm hitting the gym tomorrow. I love that place!!! I also walked Saturday and Sunday!

We are looking better and better. Let's keep up the great work.
(Hugs),
Dena

Stamper
09-10-2001, 10:02 PM
Hi everyone! I haven't been on in so long! Welcome to the newcomers. I have a feeling some of you aren't new - just new to me since I joined this thread at the beginning of the summer. Pam (Tupo Girl) I hope you are feeling better! Dena - I think it's great that you have the challenge for us to get in shape for Thanksgiving. If we have 11 weeks to go, then I am thinking that if I keep on track I should be able to lose 16 pounds. So that's going to be my goal but if the scale slows down and I'm exercising, I'll just be pround of that.

Well, I have been slacking a bit. Our pool is still open and some days it is warm enough to swim and sometimes not. The water was 80 over the weekend and I swam both days. But I haven't been doing my weights or abs or yoga. I can really tell too. My stomach feels huge and flabby and my back has been sore from lack of yoga. I got on the scale this morning (I'd been avoiding it because my sweet tooth has been on the rampage) but I'd only gained a pound. It's amazing how heavy I can feel in the stomach just from not doing ab work.

Well - I am going to try to stick to the challenge. Hope everyone has a great week.

Dena
09-12-2001, 12:09 PM
Good Morning, Everyone!

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. It's just as the day went on and the more devastation I saw on TV, the worse I felt. I did manage to walk with my hubby at lunchtime and walk again with him after dinner. It was just so great being with him both times. After yesterday's tragedies, all I wanted to do was be with my hubby. Nothing else really mattered.

Stamper, it's so good to see you here again! We missed you!! Stick with us. We all know how much better we feel when we exercise. Again, glad to have you back here with us!

I'm going for a walk this morning and heading for the gym this afternoon.

Shasta, Jusdoit, Pamela... let's keep at it.

Take care,
(Hugs),
Dena

jusdoit
09-12-2001, 05:17 PM
Hi everyone. I've been trying to post a reply, but nothing normal seems right today? Does that make sense? Yesterday morning I was at the gym riding the bike staring at the t.v. monitor with no sound. At first I just thought there was a building fire at the Twin Towers - bad enough, of course, but I assumed the firefighters would have it under control shortly and we'd be hearing about the $$ loss. As I gradually started hearing what was happening and suddenly saw the second plane crash into the towers, it was all I could do to get home as fast as I could. My husband and I remained there glued in horror to the tv for the rest of the day. All that to say, had it not been for the fact that I had already ridden for 40 minutes when I saw the news, I would not have worked out at all. This morning I woke up feeling emotionally exhausted (I can't even begin to imagine what the real victims and their families are going through) so I skipped the gym, but did manage to run on my lunchhour.

Dena, I'm glad you had the chance to walk with your hubby yesterday. I hope you also had a good walk this a.m. and a good gym workout.

A big hello to Stamper, Pamela and Shasta.

Take good care of yourselves everyone. A strong nation begins with strong individuals.

God bless.

Shasta27
09-12-2001, 07:20 PM
Hi Dena, Just do it, Pam, Stamper:

How ya all doing?? I was in so much shock yeserday. My heart just breaking from all the terrible terrible heartbreaking stories that were unfolding in yesterday's tragedy's. I was numb watching all of this on tv. My prayers go out to everyone who feels all this terrible pain from this tragedy. We all must stay strong your RIGHT! I did my denise austin yesterday! BOy , this week feels harder then last week, I'm not sure why??? But I'm keeping at it, if I can't do the high impact stuff I just walk in place, my THR is 140's so I know this workout is going good. Today I'm going to do my rower/weights in just a few moments. I just wanted to tell you all I'm thinking of ya and I'm still burning those calories!!!!

Dena: Good job on your walks...:) Hope the gym workout will be a good one today.

Just do it: Hope your run was good! Keep up the good work.

Stamper: Nice meeting you!

Pam: hope your recovery is coming along.

You all take good care! Keep burning those Calories!
God BLess,
Shasta

Dena
09-13-2001, 11:40 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

Yesterday afternoon I went to the gym and felt so much better afterwards. I worked out on all the machines and then ended up on the treadmill for an hour. I also enjoyed my morning walk and was very appreciative and grateful for my surroundings.

After being cooped up and bottling all my anxiety from the current tragic events, I think my body needed to expend some of the emotional energy I had accumulated. I'm going for a walk again this morning and again will be thankful for what I have.

Take care, everyone.
(Hugs),
Dena

Dena
09-13-2001, 12:50 PM
By the way, Jusdoit, Shasta, Stamper, Pamela... I really appreciate you guys. Thanks for continuously working out with me and sticking together on this thread in spite of the tragic events that have taken place recently. Staying strong together has made it easier to cope with it all. Thank you so much.

(Hugs),
Dena

Shasta27
09-13-2001, 06:37 PM
Hello Stamper, Just do it, Pam, Dena:
How we all doing?? Just checkin in today. Hoping you are burning those calories!
Today was Denise day! Well I don't feel so frustrated now because I'm slowly learning her moves but I do it at my pace I don't feel like I should keep right to the beat...I think that will work better for me. I did 15 minutes, well 20, i usually just walk in place if I can't do the jumping jacks or jump rope, so I'm getting there. I've been on my calorie diet so I'm hoping I will have real sucess dropping the pounds. I'm keeping track of my target heart rate, so I know i'm burning those calories ;-)
This is really helping me work off all this anxiety, I have about this tragedy. I'm trying to remain hopeful for all these ppl! It's so hard to watch all of this but we will get thru this together!
So tomorrow will be my two weeks doing this program...I'm so amazed at myself...hehe!

Dena: Your so right about working all of this stress off, it takes your mind off it for a time being. It feels so good afterwards. I'm so glad you had a good workout at the gym and a nice refreshing walk ;-) Keep up the Fantastic work!

Keep burning those calories ladies! I think together we can make it thru Anything! Hope you have a nice relaxing evening!

God BLess,
SHASTA

jusdoit
09-14-2001, 03:27 PM
Well, I exercised 12 days in a row and then.......day 13 I didn't. No excuses - just didn't make it a priority. Soooo, I start today with day 1. However, I am still keeping a tally through turkey day. I just have to adjust my goal from 83 days to 82 out of 83 days. I went to the gym this a.m. and lifted weights for 20 mins., rowed for 10 and did the eliptical for 30. It felt good.

Dena - it is quite an accomplishment that you can deal with anxiety through exercise. I'm sure we've all used food to deal with it in the past. What a healthy solution! Also, thanks for reminding us to appreciate each other. It is great that we have this opportunity to connect with people who we otherwise would never have met. Thanks to all!

Shasta - you are the reigning Denise QUEEN! Congrats on two weeks...there's no stopping you now! ;)

Take care everyone and have a wonderful weekend with your friends and loved ones :wave:

Dena
09-14-2001, 04:32 PM
Shasta and Jusdoit,

You are both doing such an excellent job. Thanks for motivating me, too. Today's one of those days that I am just not into it. All of this has hit me so hard. But I know if I go for my walk now I will feel so much better. I'm going to call my hubby at his job right now and meet him on his lunch break.

Yesterday I went to the gym and worked out for a long time. I hope I have the strength to do it again today. I feel so exhausted and so sad... which is not like me at all.

I not only pray for the families and victims, but that we take care of this situation soon. We really need to feel like we have some control in our lives.

I'm so glad we're continuing our exercise goal and keeping our bodies healthy during this very sad time.

Take care,
(Hugs),
Dena

Shasta27
09-14-2001, 10:12 PM
Hi Dena & Just do it:

How ya doin? Hanging in there??
I did my rower for 22 minutes. I did my weightraining for 20 minutes. I've been trying to stay positive and just do it. This week it does feel like i'm treading thru water but it gives me a break from the news! I have to keep my goal in sight ;)
I know though it's so hard, to keep going because of all the devastion that has happened. I feel so hurt seeing all of this, I keep thinking that if I hurt this much , what are those poor family members feeling. I pray that they are at peace, I pray that their family members will be able to cope, and I pray this never ever happens again.

Dena; your doing a good job walking and working at the gym, I know it's hard thru this devasting time but stay strong and we will get thru this!!!!!

Just do it: Good conditioning workout. Wheww! I still have to give you credit girl. To excercise everyday takes ALOT of motivation. You can do it! Just think you will reach your goal soon, it's just around the corner.

Keep burnin those Calories! We will reach our goal, one day at a time.

Shasta

Stamper
09-15-2001, 01:29 PM
Hi everyone!
Dena: Your posts about staying strong at this time through exercise are a good motivator. I haven't had such a good week. (although I feel foolish saying that with the enormity of what people are dealing with in New York ). Work has been very hectic and I've been working OT. My daughter who has special needs is having trouble adjusting to middle school and we were at her school working out some ideas with her teachers Tuesday afternoon after we'd all faced the shock of the tragedy in NY, DC and PA. Besides working OT and worrying about my DD, I have spent most of my time glued to the TV to see if there is any breaking news, which I've realized I've done enough of now.

Shasta : Good work with your rower and weights! It sounds like you are making progress with your Denise Austin workout too.

JustDoIt: Congratulations with doing your exercises 12 days in a row. Even though you missed one, it's great that you got right back to it.

My update: Well, like I said, I have not been good with my exercise this week. I also ate a lot of bad stuff. I didn't weigh - I am going to wait until Monday. Today I got myself to 8:30 yoga class. I am so glad I went. I already feel better. It's so important to breathe when you are stressed. I can tell I got a workout too. At the end of the class, we did a yoga meditation and chant which is supposed to be for "healing". Then we sang "God Bless America". I plan to drink lots of water today. I was doing so well with it all summer until this past week. Also, we are going to an arts festival in a nearby State Park and my DD and DH and I will walk about 45 minutes on a trail first. We will see some friends too. I think it will be good for the body and soul.

Take care everyone - and take care of your bodies and souls at this time. :angel:

Dena
09-15-2001, 03:30 PM
Thank you Shasta, Jusdoit and Stamper for keeping this thread going. It really means so much to me.

Yesterday I went for a walk with my hubby, then walked for about another hour by myself. These walks have really helped to lift my spirits. And I feel a sense of renewed hope today.

Stamper, that is so great that you did yoga. Thanks for reminding me that breathing definitely helps when stressed. I better start doing my Body Flex tape (yoga/breathing) again. I always feel better when I do that anyway. How exciting that you and your family are going to go to the arts festival today. I hope you have a great time. Thanks again for sharing what you did in the yoga class... meditating, chanting and singing God Bless America. I think that was so wonderful.

Shasta, I am so impressed that you rowed for 22 minutes and weight trained for another 20 minutes yesterday. Exercise really does help to get away from the TV for a while and to interrupt those sad feelings that we are experiencing. It's important that we (like you said) "try to stay positive and just do it." Thank you for those smart words of wisdom. We are definitely keeping our bodies stronger during this time. We need to stay strong.

Jusdoit, I think it's so great that you went to the gym and worked out and told us that you felt good afterwards. It helps keep us going, too. It would have been so easy for you to miss many days after you missed one. But instead you chose to get right back on the horse. You go, girl!! Thank you for your continuous success in exercisng. I know each one of us is inspiring the other.

Take care and let's stay strong.
(Hugs),
Dena

Dena
09-16-2001, 12:20 PM
Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Sunday!

Yesterday was my hubby's birthday and we decided to go out to dinner. We've been so glued to the TV that going out seemed weird to us, but I'm so glad that we did. There were only a few other couples dining at our favorite hotel restaurant, which is usually jam packed. The waiter told us that 25 banquets were cancelled this week and there were tons of hotel cancellations. How sad that the tragic events that took place on Tuesday is affecting people economically, too.

One thing that we noticed was that everyone at the restaurant was extremely nice to each other, like we needed to be connected. A couple at the next table engaged in a conversation with us, and a newlywed couple seemed very grateful we were congratulating them. Maybe these tragic events have brought us Americans closer together. Maybe in the long run these events will make us stronger.

I know one thing... the devastation that took place on Tuesday makes me want to be a stronger person physically. To see those hard-working fire fighters and policemen endure long hours at the WTC makes me want to become stronger for our country. This has given me a reason "why" I work out at the gym... not only for myself, but for our nation.

God Bless,
(Hugs),
Dena

Stamper
09-16-2001, 11:17 PM
Hi everyone! I hope you have all had a good weekend with your exercise.

Dena: Sounds like you had some great walks on Saturday. It sounds like your DH's Birthday dinner was nice too. It is good to get out and be among people instead of just being glued to the TV. I haven't watched at all today. I think I am just going to check the CNN website before bed to see if there is any new news.

My update: Yesterday afternoon we went to the arts festival. We walked about 45 minutes, enjoyed the festival and went out to eat with our DD and several other couples. I did okay - I had grillled lemon herb chicken breast, baked potato, and salad with lite dressing. Today my parents came for just the day. My mom, DD and I took a picnic to the park (it was 75 and a cloudless blue sky) and Mom & I walked about 40 minutes around the park while DD played on the playground. The I took the cover off the pool (the water was still almost 80) and we swam. I did about 30 minutes. It was a good day. :)

mustang_sally
09-17-2001, 01:25 PM
Hi to everyone!

I used to post here and got away from it during the summer when i was not working.

I want to make a commitment to exercise and good eating and i feel i can do that here.

My commitment this week is to exercise five out of seven days. I walked on the treadmill this morning for 45 minutes. Felt good to sweat!

Looking forward to making new friends here and getting inspiration from you.

Sally

jusdoit
09-17-2001, 02:04 PM
Well, I must confess......I'm a little hungover today. Yesterday my husband and I played tennis with another couple and afterwards we decided to open a bottle of champagne and toast our friendship and how fortunate we are to have each other. One thing lead to another and before I knew it several hours and several drinks had passed. Needless to say I didn't workout this a.m. and chances are I won't feel up to it at all today.

So, as for my exercise streak, once again I will start with day 1 tomorrow. I am down BUT NOT OUT! I will make a comeback. I will streak along like wildfire and put this second "blip" behind me.

Dena - I'm glad you had a nice dinner with your hubby and a positive experience with the fellow diners. I think these tragedies will (and already have) definitely bring us closer as a nation and stronger as well. I like your outlook on being physically strong for yourself and your nation. I'm with you!

Shasta - You're doing great staying on course even when you don't feel up to it mentally. That's when it's most important. Good job!

Stamper - It sounds like you had a wonderful couple of days with family and lots of outdoor activity. A nice healthy break from the news.

Welcome back Sally. Good job sweating on the treadmill:D .

Tomorrow is another day and I'll be back in action :dizzy: .

Stamper
09-17-2001, 09:43 PM
Sally: Nice to meet you. I probably started posting just about when you stopped. As you know, this is a great place for support. Good luck with your goal of 5 out of 7 days.

JustDoIt: Glad you aren't being hard on yourself for not exercising today. Just think - you got a workout AND socialized playing tennis. You and DH and friends probably needed that little break enjoying the bubbly.

My update: I got on the scales today and I have gained about 3 pounds over the past few weeks of not exercising enough and giving into my sweet tooth. I've been avoiding that scale and I'm glad I faced it. Today I was careful with what I ate. I swam in our pool for 1/2 hour and I am going to do some ab exercises before bed. Tomorrow night I start my afterwork Yoga class, so hopefully I can get 2 days of yoga in per week.

tupo_girl
09-17-2001, 10:31 PM
Ahhh, I'm sorry. Last week was such a mess. I didn't do well with food or excercise and the scale said I'd gained two pounds (although af started that day, so I'm going to blame her for a little). My dad and I tried to bike ride a little last week, but it was quite the halfhearted effort although it was a good thing for us to get away from the tv and watch the squirrels being themselves for awhile. I have finally gotten some energy back. I did a fast 30 minute ride last night and we did an hour ride today plus some bike riding. I'm getting there again. Anyway, glad to hear everyone is safe and doing good. Talk to you tomorrow!
In Christ,
Pamela:o

Shasta27
09-17-2001, 11:44 PM
Hi Ladies:

How we all doing today?? I hope GREAT! Posting late tonight, I had to get a few things done today. It feels so good to get out and about. I did manage to squezze in my 23 minutes of the rowing machine and 20 minutes of weightraining. Felt good. Usually on friday and saturday is my free days so I'm always glad when monday rolls around to get my excercise done.
I am not watching news as much because I really need to not let this just totally get to me, got to the point where I wasn't sleeping, and I really can't afford that. I only watch the news once in the am at breakfast and then at dinner. I thought I would get some flowers for our fire station tonight and our little statue of liberty over in west seattle. I think I will feel better after I do that.
Today was a good day! I have a feeling this week will be a lot better! I will have a good week! I keep telling myself that anyway .

Dena: I'm so glad you enjoyed your special dinner out together! Keep up the good work at the gym and walking! We will get thru this! You right we must keep going! Thanksgiving is not to far away! I'm so amazed at the comradery or everyone, so good to be an american!

Pam: So happy your doing so good! Your bike ride sounded so relaxing! You are doing it! Yeah Pam!!!!!! Good job.

Stamper: So nice having a pool, good job swimming and doing your yoga...Keep burnin those calories! We can do it.

Just do it- hey girl, sounds like you enjoyed yourself ;-) sounds like you did burn calories though ! You need a break girl, not to discourage you but this was a good break for ya...now you can get to work on your goal! TUrkey day here we come.

Mustang salley: Welcome back again, happy to have you here! Good job on the tread mill.

BUrn those Calories ladies, and let's stay strong!

SHASTA

Dena
09-18-2001, 12:00 PM
Good Morning, Everyone!!

It's so great to be among fellow exercisers. You guys are all doing such a great job and keep me motivated. Sorry I didn't have a chance to post yesterday, but I did go to the gym. I worked out on the weight machines, then got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Boy, the gym gets crowded at 5:30 pm or I would have stayed on the treadmill a little longer. There's only 8 treadmills and lots of women who want to use it. Actually, seeing everyone work out really inspires me.

Shasta, you're smart to cut back on TV watching. I agree with you. The more I watch and the more I know, the sadder and more anxious I become. I was having sleep problems, too. We need to take care of our bodies so we can stay healthy. What a nice gesture to bring flowers to the firemen. Thanks for the idea. By the way, keep up the great work!!!

Pamela, it's so good to see you on the board. I was really worried about you!!! I hope this means you're feeling a lot better since your bike accident. I'm so happy to hear that you did 30 minutes last night and an hour today. You go, girl!!

Stamper, I'm so impressed that you got got in a 1/2 hour of swimming and are taking a yoga class in spite of your busy family schedule. This makes me try harder.

Jusdoit, sharing champagne with friends sounded just wonderful. You not only enjoyed a good game of tennis, but savored a close friendship. By the way, I checked out www.roadrunnersport.com. Great web site for shoes. Thanks!!

Hi Mustang Sally!! All right, 45 minutes on the treadmill!! Fantastic!!

Well, I'm going to take a walk now. Take care, everyone!
(Hugs),
Dena

tupo_girl
09-18-2001, 04:28 PM
I'm going to take it easy today. I pulled another muscle in my hip last night from leg lifts. Gee, this has been strange:) But yes, I am feeling a ton better from my head! Thanks for all of your thoughts:) We did do some walking today. We went to the license place and I chased Emmett around there, then we walked to Borders (which was maybe 1/2 a mile), then around one of the malls. I might take Emmett for a walk later hopefully with hubby. I do need a break from the bike though! I'm learning how to balance everything.
Shasta: glad to hear you're doing good. By the way, is your name from a Narnia book?
Dena: thanks for thinking of me!!
In Christ,
Pamela

jusdoit
09-18-2001, 06:19 PM
It's so good to see so many posts! Thanks everyone:love: !

I got to the gym this morning for day 1 of my new streak. I need to exceed my longest streak of 12 days. Will do! :^:

Stamper - facing the scale ALWAYS makes me anxious. But it usually feels better once you do it - sort of a fresh start. Just remember, those 3 pounds could just be temporary (water, etc.). I bet if you weigh in again in a couple of days they'll be gone. Enjoy your yoga class :) .

Pamela - I'm so glad you've been back on your bike. It sounds like you may have overdone it a little though. Enjoy the walking and give yourself PLENTY of time to get back to 100%. You'll be there before you know it ;) .

Shasta - I love to see your steady progress on the rower and good job on the weights as well. I agree with Dena, what a nice idea to bring flowers to the fire station. That's really sweet of you and I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated :) .

Dena - If I was faced with the gym at 5:30 p.m. I'm not sure I could bring myself to go. It's such a busy time. But that doesn't stop our exercise deva :lol: As always, you're an inspiration. I'm glad you liked the runners website. :)

Welp, tomorrow is a swim day. I'll check in after that. (I almost got through the whole post without telling you that I'm having a FAT DAY :( I HATE THOSE!!! :p )

:wave:

(hey, why isn't my little green guy sticking his tongue out?)

Stamper
09-18-2001, 07:54 PM
JustDoIt: Thanks for the encouragement. Actually, I got on the scale this AM and was down a half pound. I know I'll get back to where before I know it. And beyond I hope! Have fun swimming tomorrow!

TupoGirl: Oh no! Another injury! I hope your pulled muscle feels better quick. Glad to hear you got to do some walking.

Dena: Sounds like you had two good days in a row - treadmill then walking. Our Y gets real crowded around 5:30 too. They have plenty of treadmills but it's hard to find an excercise bike sometimes.

Shasta: Great job with the rowing and weights. It's nice of you to bring flowers to the firehouse and your local Statue of Liberty. I think it helps us all to do what we can.

My update: I've kept track of my Weight Watcher points 2 days in a row now, which is good considering my recent track record. Went to yoga tonight. There were a lot of beginners, so we did a lot of stretching and breathing. It was certainly relaxing - I think I actually dosed off a few times. However, I don't think I burned many calories like I usually do.

Shasta27
09-18-2001, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone:
I'm so happy to see everyone excercising agin...WOOHOO!
I did my denise cardio/kickboxing workout! 20 minutes. I keep thinking some day I'll be a step ahead of them. I chug along at my own pace , but I'm burning calories, I will not give up even if I can't keep the pace with them. Who knows maybe someday I will teach my own class...hehe. It was a nice workout today! I'm sticking with my low-cal diet so far. I've been keeping a food journal and that really helps me look for improvments in my diet. I remeasure on the 8th so I'm looking forward to see results.
Well ladies let's stay strong & burn that FAT!

Just do it: Yeah! You can do it! Hope your gym workout was good! Have a nice swim tomorrow!

Pam: I'm glad your feeling better, sorry you pulled a muscle :( but hope you had a nice walk! It sounds like you getting better and better as each day passes, but my real is tasha..for some reason my husband's mom called me shasta...so of course my husband loved that name...so i'm stuck...hehe, I don't mind though.

Dena: good job with your workout! I'm so glad your feeling better now. I think everyone was affected by this, my two friends that are trying to lose weight, were pretty down this week, but this week is a new week and a new opportunity! Keep up the hard work and burn those calories ;)

Stamper & mustang salley- good jobs girls. Keep burning those calories. Way to Goal!

Take good care and see ya all tomorrow,

shasta

Dena
09-19-2001, 11:53 AM
Hey, hey, hey! Morning Everyone!

Last night I hit the gym, worked out on the machines, then got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Today I did my Body Flex tape so far. Now I'm going for a walk, then will hit the gym this afternoon. Looks like we're starting to get back into our regular routines. I'm proud to say that I've done something every day since we've started this thread. And it hasn't been easy. But we are persevering! And we are getting stronger every day!

Shasta, thanks for sharing how you got your name. Cool! Congrats for doing your Denise Austin tape and keeping up with her. I bet you will do your own class one day. Good for you for starting a journal, too. Keep up the great work!

Stamper, excellent that you are back on track with WW and then went to yoga class! Congrats on losing 1/2 lb, too!

Jusdoit, excellent job on getting to the gym! Hope you got to swim this morning. I'm impressed with how you're sticking with it, in spite of your busy family schedule. I know you will surpass your 12 day streak!

Pamela, good to see you back on the boards! Sorry to hear about you pulling a muscle. These things happen. Since I've been working out, I've hurt myself so many times. Take it easy and then you're body will heal. You'll be back in great shape and exercising big time before you know it.

I'm so glad we're all staying strong and working out!

Take care, everyone!
(Hugs),
Dena

jusdoit
09-19-2001, 02:20 PM
I had a nice swim this a.m. for 40 minutes. I didn't count laps like I usually do (which is sort of meditation for me), instead I let my thoughts come and go. At times I must say I felt very heavy-hearted and, in fact, I noticed that many of the usual swimmers were getting out of the pool much earlier than usual. I wondered if they were feeling sad too. Oh girls, it's going to take a long time for all of us to heal. And, like someone else said, I can't even imagine the grieving process for those who are directly involved. Sorry, I didn't mean to get into this today, but it's just on my mind:cry: .

Stamper - I knew that scale would start heading in the right direction for you! Great job with the ww points and I'm glad you had a relaxing yoga session. I keep telling myself....one of these days I'm gonna do yoga......really :^: .

Shasta - You'll be outworking Denise in no time at all! That's great that you're keeping a food journal. I keep one fairly consistently too. Although, if I have a "bad" day I just rip out that page:nono: .

Dena - I was actually just thinking about you this morning and how you have been exercising EVERY DAY since our streak began. You deserve a huge CONGRATULATIONS!!! Seriously, I am so proud of you and grateful for your inspiration. It really helps us all :) :) .

Sally - I hope all's very well with you. Come post when you get a chance even if you just have time to say "hi".

Take good care everone.

Shasta27
09-19-2001, 08:19 PM
hello,
how ya doing? I hope all is good!
Today is beautiful day here in Seattle, I missed that! I love the fall time , when all the leaves start changing colors and it's so much cooler!
Today I did my 23 minute workout of the rower, hmm...i seemed more tired then usual but I trudged thru it, pushed myself! I also did my 20 minute workout of weightraining. I always feel so much better after weights. Maybe one of these days I'll have to buy one of those rowing boats, take the hubby out for some excercise. He has long hours at MS but hopefully I will inspire him to start excercising.
I'm so excited about the results I will be seeing over the next few weeks. I just can't wait to shed these pounds. I know I will do it!
Hope you guzs are burning those Calories! Thanksgiving is right around that corner!

Dena: You inspire me so much! It helps me so much to come here and report my progress to this thread. It gives me alot of motivation! ONe day I will be able to excercise everyday! Tha'ts so great working at the gym and doing the flex tape, I bet it feels so good afterwards. Keep up the great work!

Just do it- I think everyone still has this awful tragedy at the back of their mind, it is a hard thing to get over, with everything that is still going on. We will probaly never really get over all that devastation but I think we are slowly headed in the right direction for healing. Together we will get thru it. I'm glad you had a nice swim!!! Good JOB!

Stamper: Good job with your yoga!!!!!! I was thinking to get that yoga tape denise does! I need to add flexibility to my traning program ! Keep burning those calories.

sally mustang: Hope the treadmills workout is going good.

Pam: Hope your pulled muscle is healing!

You all have a real nice day/evening! I will see ya tomorrow!
Stay strong Ladies!

Shasta

mustang_sally
09-19-2001, 11:12 PM
Hi Everyone -

I have been reading your posts. Way to go ladies!!!!!!

I didn't have time to post yesterday, but i have exercised everyday this week and have kept my points for weight watchers. I know i can do this.

Thanks for all the support!

Sally

Dena
09-20-2001, 12:18 PM
Happy Thurday, Everyone! And guess what, there's only 9 more weeks until Thanksgiving. Boy, the time is flying!!

Yesterday I went to the gym in the afternoon and did my usual routine, plus added 20 minutes on the stationary bike. Today so far I've done my Body Flex tape. Then I'll head for the gym this afternoon. It's funny, I really didn't feel like exercising this morning and was going to forget about it, but my hubby turned on the tape and we ended up doing it together. And naturally I felt great afterwards.

Shasta, you see, we do inspire our hubbies to work out, too. My hubby has long hours at his job and has been pretty sedentary lately. Seeing me trying so hard makes him want us to both keep at it. So you're right, you are inspiring your husband. Keep up the great work! And by the way, I bet Seattle does look beautiful this time of year. I used to love my Autumns and Winters there. On Saturday mornings, we used to go to "The Bakery" in Pioneer Square for a Cinnemon Roll and a cup of Starbucks and sit by the fireplace. What memories! Seattle's the greatest place to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas, too.

Jusdoit, that's so great that you swam for 40 minutes!!! And thanks for your kind words. You motivate me to keep going, too. I'm so happy that we have continued this thread, because we really inspire each other. About feeling heavy-hearted, I know what you mean. I also get waves of feeling sad and anxious, but I keep reminding myself to be strong for my country, my family and myself. I went through so many emotions last week. And it's frightening to think that these tragedies may just be the beginning. I can't let these thoughts overwhelm me. I know it's time for me to stay strong and be more alert. I'm just so proud that we have come together as a nation and that more people are bringing God back into their lives. We will get through this together.

Sally, congratulations on exercising every day and sticking to the Weight Watcher plan. That's wonderful!! Excellent job!!

Well, here's to a healthy day filled with exercise.
(Hugs),
Dena

Shasta27
09-20-2001, 05:58 PM
Hello,
How ya all doing? Burning those calories :)
I am scaring myself, I have so much energy lately...I think it's the excercise and eating breakfast that is making the biggest difference for me!
I did my last ten workout! 20 minutes of aerobics, really can kick start your day!
I really think as each week goes by, I feel like I'm getting more healthier, you can't put a price tag on that ;)
Stay STRONG ladies, Keep burning those Calories! Turkey Day here we come!

Dena: My goal is to get my hubby excercising by turkey day! That's so nice you guzs excercised together! I'm glad you had a good workout at the GYM!

Have a nice evening ladies!

Shasta

tupo_girl
09-21-2001, 03:52 AM
Just a quick post: Did a ton of mall walking with my friend today. Plus she bought me some new clothes (my birthday's in a week) and I got mediums!!! The girl who could barely wear extra larges three months ago got a pair of medium pants and a medium sweater and a medium shirt!! I still had to get a 16 in a button down shirt BUT I got the dang thing buttoned!!! (I'm a little blessed up top to say the least!!) Woohoo! Now I want to get rid of ugly fat clothes now:) Then tonight we ended up walking all over St Paul (partly in a downpour) because we didn't know where we were going. Then I danced my little heart out to Weezer! Then we were lost again. So I think I did good. My hip doesn't seem to be hurting anymore and if the ground dries up at all, I may attempt a ride tomorrow. God bless.
In Christ,
Pamela

saggy
09-23-2001, 06:55 PM
Hey Guys! It's been forever since I've posted with you guys. Teaching has been keeping me very busy. All those papers to grade at night. Yuck. Anyhow, I have been exercising about 4-5 times a week and have lost a grand total of 20 pounds. yippee!
I joined Weight Watchers this weekend because I can feel myself slacking. So hopefully this will give me some much needed structure. Everyone seems to be doing well. Keep up the great work.
Saggy

Shasta27
09-24-2001, 02:46 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:

How we all doing today? I hope good! How was your weekend??
Getting ready to do my Denise Austin Kickout! I did Taebo yesterday since I missed my workout on Friday so its all good. Well I know I'm better in shape cuz before I couldn't last two minutes doing the Taebo basics this time around I did it...woohoo! I'm going to do more aerobics this week, so I can shock my poor body. I don't want it to get to used to my routine...hehe. I will do my rower and weights twice this week ;)
I dragged John out to the beach this past weekend...it was so beautiful out...to smell that fresh ocean air...ahhhh.
Well I hope everyone is burning those Calories!!!!!!

Pam-congratulations on getting into those Med. It must be such a great feeling!!!!!!wooohooo. I'm glad your feeling so much better. Happy BIRTHDAY! Glad you had a blast!

Saggy- nice meeting you! SOunds like your doing great with excercising!

Stay strong...I'm off to burn some calories;)

shasta

jusdoit
09-24-2001, 04:06 PM
DARN! I have fallen off the exercise wagon....but I have latched on to the side and will pull myself up once again. I'll report back as soon as I do :( .

Shasta - your posts are BURSTING with motivation and energy. I'm gonna borrow some if you don't mind ;) . It sounds beautiful where you live. I've never been to Seattle, but I was raised on the east coast so I know how beautifu autumn can be. I now live on the west coast where there's very little change of seasons. I'm not really complaining though. I miss the seasons, but I love California.

Sally - exercising EVERY day AND staying within points....AWESOME :D . You ARE doing this!!!

Dena - It's so great that you can exercise with hubby. My dh and I get the chance to workout together about once a week on the weekend. It often happens that one of us is not quite as "up" for it as the other, but guilt takes over and off we go :lol: .

Pamela - sounds like you've walked and danced your way right out of those xl's! Weigh to go! :D

Saggy - CONGRATULATIONS on the 20 lbs.! Good luck with the ww :) .

Sorry I'm not more of an inspiration today down here in my lazy abyss. But I promise I'll be back tomorrow for yet another fresh start :^: .

Take care everyone.

jusdoit
09-25-2001, 12:04 PM
Phase I of my in-depth research project is complete and the results are in (drumroll pleeeeeeeze): I feel better mentally and physically on the days I exercise. DUH!!!!! Okay, okay, that was the easy part. Phase II is the hard part: Why, then, do I choose (cuz it's always a choice) NOT to workout on some days???? Hmmmm. I will be researching that next and will report back with the results :D :D .

I got back on the wagon this morning and rode the bike for 30 mins. and did the elliptical for 20 mins.

Have you guys seen that poem called "start over?" It's been posted in various places around here. Needless to say, it's my very favorite poem. I am the QUEEN of starting over. :lol:

This is the first time I've been able to post twice before anyone else does. Which, I guess, is why I'm rambling.........

Come check in everyone and have a wonderful day!

Dena
09-25-2001, 04:36 PM
Hello Everyone!

Sorry it's been a few days but I've really been out of commission. I couldn't move my arm for the last few days, and today I went to the doctor because I couldn't take the pain anymore. I thought I pulled a muscle from my workouts at the gym. It turns out I was bitten by a black widow spider. Hello!! I thought that only happened in movies. Anyway, I'm not sure when or how it happened... maybe on one of our walks around the neighborhood at night. I remember walking into a web or two recently and thought nothing of it. I'm glad to see everyone is still working out. I'm going to take it easy for a while. In fact, today is the first day I've been able to type and that's only because I'm on pain killers.

Take care all.
(Hugs),
Dena

jusdoit
09-26-2001, 01:27 PM
I'm so sorry about your black widow incident. That sounds horrible! I HATE that feeling of walking through webs. It usually happens to me in the early morning when I'm running. I swear some of those webs are so strong they nearly knock me over. YUCK :eek:. Seriously, though, I'm glad you got yourself to the doctor. I hope you're feeling better very soon. Relax and let dh take good care of you. :love:

Not much to report for me. I ran with my dog for 35 mins. this morning. I'm afraid it was a little stop and go, but we did start out with a very steep hike up to the water tower, so we burned a few kcals....

Back to work :(

just had to add this I just found on another thread:

Arachnoleptic fit (n.) The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web

Shasta27
09-26-2001, 11:20 PM
Hey Ladies:
how is you?? I hope burning that butter ;)
I did taebo today! Wheww. I added it to my routine. I thought I would do three days of aerobics and two days of rowing and weightraining for a bit. Get more conditioning in there for a bit. I don't want me body to get to used to my routine, shock my system...hehe. Good news though I am 2 days away from goal I made at the beginning of the month. Excercising 25 times this month. Time to set another one!!!! Boy were not too far away from thanksgiving huh!
I'm doing alright with my calorie diet. I have kept this food journal since the 10th and that has helped me so much.
My John was sweet and he bought me a George foreman grill, what a wonderful thing this is. It's helping to really cook low-fat...love the thing.
It's pouring out today in the Emerald city. That's alright though we havn't had much rain lately.
Hope you all are buring those Calories...STAY STRONG!

Dena- you poor thing. That's awful about your black widow bite, OUCH! I hope you feel better real soon. Good job with walking despite this little mishap....Must be spider season...seems like more then last year. Well you rest and hope your feeling better!!!!!!

Just do it-I 'm sure you burned a bunch of calories!!!! Just keep burnin that butter ;) it's good you started! I think being consistant is the most important thing!!!!! The important thing is you get back up!!!!! Good job with your run and your bike and the elliptical!!!! Keep movin!!!!!

have a nice day/evening everyone....

take care,
shasta

tupo_girl
09-27-2001, 01:37 AM
Well plugging away. The fall candy calls my name and though I indulge a little each day, I'm not eating like I used to! We walked all over downtown Minneapolis today and the backs of my thighs were just burning. It was kind of nice:) We walked on the trail yesterday with ds. He was too squirmy in the stroller though so we chased some grasshoppers and petted fuzzy wuzzies:) Hehe...

Dena:I'm so sorry to hear about your spider bite! I'll be praying you have a quick recovery.

Everyone else: congrats on all the excercise!!!
In Christ,
Pamela

Dena
09-27-2001, 07:53 PM
Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for your warm thoughts and wishes. Even though I was in a lot of pain last night (couldn't even sleep with those darn pain killers), I wanted to take a short walk with my hubby this morning. (I hate it when I'm sick and have to stay indoors.) It was really nice seeing the sunrise and feeding the crows and scrubjays peanuts.

I feel like I lost a lot of momentum in my exercise routine, but I know I will get back to it full-force before long. I had no idea how debilitating this stupid spider bite could be. I guess it was quite serious.

Pamela, thanks for your prayers. They are really helping. How cool that you walked all over downtown Minneapolis and walked on a trail with your son. I bet he's a cutie! And that's so great that you're teaching him about nature.

Shasta, congrats on reaching your goal of exercising 25 times this month!! Smart idea of varying your routine! And now adding Tae Bo!! You go, girl!! I've got the George Foreman grill, too. Let me know when you make something really good and want to share. I was hoping the grill would cook for me. :lol: But I guess I have to actually come up with a recipe and then start grilling. :dizzy: Let's face it, I'm no Martha Stewart.:(

Jusdoit, thanks for saying that you run into webs occasionally, too. I needed to hear that. :) I was really disappointed that this happened and that I had to take it easy. I had no choice really. My doc said I should have gone to the Emergency room when it happened, but the funny thing is that I didn't even know I got bit. I guess this means that Autumn is finally here and Halloween is just around the corner. By the way, congratulations on running for 35 minutes!! What kind of dog do you have? I love animals.

Take care, everyone!
(Hugs),
Dena:)

tupo_girl
09-27-2001, 10:36 PM
Dena, yikes, sorry to hear that you couldn't sleep last night but cool that you went for a short walk nonetheless:)

We went to the zoo today.. I let Emmett walk around and just followed him. He's starting to get interested in animals and other kids. He accidently knocked over a little girl, then got knocked over by a really huggy little boy, then fell over by himself. That's when we put him in the stroller, LOL. We walked around the mall after that. My knee is kind of acting up so I don't know when I'm going to bike again. Soon, of course, just not sure how soon.

Have a great day everyone!
In Christ,
Pamela

jusdoit
09-28-2001, 12:45 PM
It's Friday!!!!! I'm leaving work early for a doc appt. which will also get me home early. So I plan to go to the gym when I get home - hopefully before rush hour (at the gym). I ran on my lunch hour yesterday for 40 minutes which felt great since I ran down to the harbor and along the water instead of my usual run through the city park. It was HOT though!

Shasta - I also believe very much in the idea of diversity in your workouts. That's great that you're adding tae bo to the mix. Let me know how you like it. Gee, that rain your getting sounds so good to me. We NEVER get rain (well, almost never).

Pamela - I've always wanted to visit Minneapolis. Mary Tyler Moore was my very favorite show growing up :lol: . It sounds like a great walk. Also, thanks for reminding me that it's time to take my daughter to the zoo. It sounds like you and Emmett (cute name!) had a great time.

Dena - That's so great that you were able to get yourself out the door for a walk even though you must be exhausted. Don't worry about the exercise momentum. In fact, during this involuntary down time you are building up an extreme amount of momentum so that as soon as you're able to get out there again you'll have a BURST OF ENERGY :D . I was thinking that it's probably best that you weren't aware of when you were getting bit. Yikes!!! If I saw a black widow on my body I would FREAK :eek: . On the other hand, you may have gotten to the doctor sooner. Anyway, you're on the road to recovery and I'm sending tons of positive healing vibes your way ;) . Oh, by the way, my dog is a black lab/shepherd mix. His name is Buckaroo ("Buck"), but I usually call him Buddy. He's the sweetest dog in the world - thanks for asking. :) Do you have any pets?

Well girls, my goal this weekend is to start a new exercise journal. I've been using a running log for everything, but I'm going to get more serious about weighttraining (with the help of the book "Hotpoint Fitness" that I just finished). I'll still be doing aerobic exercise "every" day (or thereabouts ;) ) of swimming, running and biking. "Phase I" of this program is 3 weight days a week (I've only been doing 2). I'll be starting on Monday (another thing I didn't like about my old log is that the weeks started on Sundays - that's just not right :s: ).

As always, I'll keep ya posted.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, you all deserve it. :wave:

Dena
09-29-2001, 09:24 PM
Hi Guys!

Just wanted to say I'm doing a little better. My healing process is very slow, but I'm getting there. Lots of pain in my arm and I only feel good when I'm resting, but other than that... :lol: I went for another short walk today. I can't wait till I get well enough to go to the gym again. And I'm already having visions of running around the track.

Jusdoit, I'm so inspired by you running for 40 minutes. You're my hero!! Thanks so much for your positive healing vibes! Buddy sounds like such a smart dog. I've noticed most of the rescue/recovery dogs are labs and shepherds. Great temperament, yet very intelligent. Sorry to say I don't have dogs or cats. I live in an apartment, so it's not allowed. But I've befriended many crows, scrubjays, woodpeckers, rock doves, etc. Sometimes I feel like Ace Ventura or Dr. Doolittle, because I talk to the animals and they seem to understand me. My scrub jays even bring their babies to visit me in the spring. The babies are soooo cute. Tell us more about "Hotpoint Fitness" when you get a chance. Sounds interesting. (By the way, if I'm rambling it's because I'm on pain killers.:lol: )

Pamela, how great that you and Emmett walked around the zoo and the mall. You're teaching Emmett all kinds of cool things, and you're doing such a great job walking!! Don't worry about riding your bike too soon. Walking is great exercise, too.

Shasta, hope you're doing well. Keep up the great work rowing, doing Denise Austin and Tae Bo tapes.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!
(Hugs),
Dena

tupo_girl
10-01-2001, 08:11 AM
Well, I reached 170 which was my goal weight for my birthday yesterday!!! Yay!!! Of course, I got 6 inches chopped off my hair so maybe that was the last pound, but hey I'm still counting it:) We didn't even have cake yesterday. I just keep walking. That's what I'm in the mood for although I should get in a bike ride soon before fall is over. It looks yucky out today though.

Jusdoit: Thanks about Emmett's name. I love Mary Tyler Moore too. They're supposed to put a statue of her in downtown Minneapolis where she threw the hat!!

I don't know what we have planned today, but I think I will do my arm excercises since it's been awhile since I did those. Have a great day.
In Christ,
Pamela

Dena
10-01-2001, 12:57 PM
Hi Guys!

Guess what... I'm feeling better today!! I already went for my morning walk and fed my crows and scrub jays. Looks like I'll be heading to the gym before you know it.

Only 7 more weeeks till Turkey Day, and I'm determined to get back to my regular routine of moving every day till then.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

Pamela, congrats on your weight loss!!!! Excellent job!!!!

(Hugs),
Dena

Shasta27
10-01-2001, 05:21 PM
Hello Ladies;
How is everyone this very fine day!
I hope good!
I'm happy to report I met my 1st excercise goal ! I was able to excercise 25 times this month!!!!! I was so estatic...woohoo. SO I set another one. This month another 23 times of excercising burning that BUTTER! I lost one inch overall since last month. Slowly but surely I'm decreasing my Body Fat.
Today I did Denise kickout. I'm able to swing with her now. It feels so good afterwards. I'm up to 24 minutes on the rower.
It's been three weeks since I have been on my low-cal diet! I'm doing good. My food journal really really is my savior.
I'm countin down the days til Thanksgiving...woohoo, I think I'm going to meet ya all there ;-) Can't wait. Hope ya all are Burning THOSE CALORIES & STAYing STRONG! I know you can do it!

Dena: I'm glad your arm is getting better! I'm so glad your still walking and feeding your little friends...:) You'll be back to the Gym in no time at all.

Pam: Great job on the weightloss. Good job passing up that cake! Happy-happy birthday!!!!!!

Just do it: Hey girl, GOOD job with your running and working out...woohoo!!! I think Your doing Fabulous!!!!!! Your running scenery sounds so fabulous!!!! We can do it....

Have a nice evening!

love,
Shasta

jusdoit
10-01-2001, 05:31 PM
I'm here because I want to be accountable, but all I can account for today is a 1 lb. gain over the weekend. I had a gym workout on Saturday, but that was it for the weekend. Now it's Monday and I haven't done any exercise yet. My only option is to go for a run after work. That is tough for me because of my family time (not an excuse....just a reason) :( . I'll let you know tomorrow how it turns out.

Dena - I'm soooo glad you're feeling better! I love that you feed (and talk to) the crows, scrub jays and other critters. That sounds so peaceful. Thanks for your comments on my running. I really need to work on being more consistent with my workouts. I hate when I let myself down :mad: . I'll be starting the strength training from "Hotpoint Fitness" tomorrow. The first phase is two weeks of 3x per week. I'll let you know how I like it.

Pamela - CONGRATS on the 170 goal. That's awesome! :D And happy birthday :cool: .

I'll be back tomorrow with a much better report.....

Dena
10-02-2001, 01:56 PM
Hi Guys!

Yesterday I actually met my hubby at his job and walked for a half hour on his lunch break! Now that's a big deal! I drove like Mr. Magoo getting there, sincie I was on pain killers, but nevertheless I made it there and back. Waaaahooooo!! I had to prove to myself that I was getting better. I'm not good at being sick. I'm always trying to prove something, then having to go to lay on the couch from exhaustion. What an idiot. :dizzy:

Jusdoit, accountable, schmountable! Who cares if we exercise every day as long as we try. Our goal is to improve ourselves any way we can. I think it's fantastic that you try to exercise in the morning as you get ready for work and take care of your family. Or that you try to make it up after work, when that's an impossible time for most people. Do you know how many people use having too many priorities as an excuse for not exercising? You're actually making it happen. I'm super proud of you!! I don't know if I could do it if I had a child and a dog. That's a lot of stuff going on. All I'm trying to say is keep up the good work! You're doing a great job!!

Shasta, congrats on losing an inch this month!!!!! That is so fantastic!!!! You really motivate us with your journalling and exercise goals. I started journalling my cals again, too. It really helps me to stay on track. And congrats for keeping up with Denise Austin and now rowing for 24 minutes!!! People will be so surprised at how good you look when they see you at Thanksgiving.

Pamela, I forgot to tell you, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" Super congrats to you for passing up the cake. That is totally awesome.

Hope everyone has a great day. I've already fed my critters and plan on taking another slow drive to my hubby's job at lunchtime. I'm determined to get strong again.

(Hugs),
Dena

tupo_girl
10-03-2001, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the birthday greetings everyone! I still haven't biked again but am learning to control my food intake in proportion to my exercise output. If I don't do a set routine or whatever, I just cut back on food. We do a lot of mall walking though! I try and dance with Emmett whenever I can or just plain chase the child:) I'm also trying to clean the house which I'm sure is some kind of workout. Gotta go to bed, but wanted to post!
In Christ,
Pamela

jusdoit
10-03-2001, 02:49 PM
Hi Gang! I'm back with a vengeance :lol: . Yesterday I bought two small notebooks - one for journaling food and one for journaling workouts. I had been using a running log for workouts but it just doesn't cut it anymore since I'm much more diverse these days. I started yesterday with the first "Hot Point Fitness" workout. I really liked it. Phase 1 is 3 days a week of weight training (with a short aerobic session) so that'll be Tues/Thurs/Sat. In between those days I'll do an aerobic workout. This morning I swam for 36 minutes. I hadn't swum (swam?) for about a week so it sure felt good. And the water was very warm :) - always a treat early in the a.m.

Dena - I love your Mr. Magoo story! That's so funny :lol: . Thank you so much for your encouraging words. It really helps :) . You are doing great going out of your way to walk with hubby. But, try not to overdo it. I know you're going nuts, but, as you know, it's better to take it easy now and fully recuperate, than to try to do too much and prolong the recuperation time. Did that make sense :dizzy: ? I know you know what I mean. I just happened to read something yesterday about someone that had been bit by a black widow spider and got seriously ill. I mention that only to say that your body really does need time to restore itself. Try to be patient. You'll be using up that pent up energy in no time ;) .

Pamela - Good job on being so reasonable with the "calorie input v. exercise output". It seems like such a simple equation but not so easy to put into action. It sounds like you're still doing lots of moving and I'm sure you'll be back on your bike in no time. Like I said to Dena, try to be patient and give your body the time it needs to heal.

I guess that's all for now. Tomorrow is another "hotpoint" workout. I'll let you know at the end of the first phase what I think.

Take care everyone:wave:

Shasta27
10-03-2001, 07:40 PM
Hello ladies:
How is you???
I hope burnin butter!!!!
Today was Taebo day! Great workout! I was able to do my rowing for 24 minutes last night and wt.training for 20 minutes. I'm able to move a little bit better now so I'm sure that's a good sign. I know it will take time to really see results I'm looking for so I'm just aiming for my goal of five days a week.
I'm reading a new book called "thin for life"! It has such inspirational stories in there for me. It talks about not being so hard on yourself if you don't meet a goal, to just start new again the next day. Healthy self-talk is what they call it.
Don't be so hard on yourself if you miss a day excercising. I always think of that one quote : "It doesn't matter how many times you fall, but what matters is you get back up!"
I'm so proud of you guzs for all the hard work you all are doing burning those Calories! I know how much motivation it takes....STAY strong Ladies!!!! THanksgiving is jus a hop, skip and a jump away!!!!

Dena: Glad you had a nice walk! Just give yourself time to heal ;) I know how hard that must be though...Just don't over do it...hope you get better real fast!!!!

Pam: good job watching your diet vs. excercise activity. Sounds like your still burning calories!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!! Before you know it you'll be back on your bike!

Just do it: Your swim sounded so refreshing! I'm sure your journaling will be so motivating!!!! Your hot point fitness sounds really good, that's my next book to buy!!!!!

You ya all have a nice evening....

Take good care,
Shasta

tupo_girl
10-04-2001, 01:43 AM
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We went on a bike ride today and it felt sooooooooooooo good:) We also walked the mall of America (it's busy again, yay!) and chased 5 under 2 yr olds in the nursery at church. It felt good to have to not watch the calories tonight when we got home (I indulged in some spaghetti but not ice cream!).

Shasta: Good for you reading the inspirational stories! That was an awesome quote too...

Justdoit: It's cool that you have logs now. I post my food journal daily on another site and it's good to see where everything is, has been, and where it's going!!!

In Christ,
Pamela

Dena
10-04-2001, 10:37 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am just sooooo proud of you guys! You inspire me so much! Unfortunately, I think I overdid it these last couple of days. I have to call the doc again today for more pain killers. (And I don't usually like to take any kind of meds, except vitamins.) But, Jusdoit, you were right. I think I'm prolonging my recuperation period by trying to walk and wanting to take care of stuff around here. You know... things pile up... work, chores, etc. and I think I can handle it and then... bam, I'm back on the couch in excruciating pain. :dz: Then last night I started going into a freezing, then hot, then a freezing shakey feeling. I don't think that's a good sign.

I'm proud to say that I've been totally good on my diet. Can't believe I still have an appetite. What's that all about?! In pain, but still able to eat? :lol:

I really look forward to reading everyone's successes and accomplishments. I love all the new books and ideas that you are coming up with, too. :)

(Hugs),
Dena

jusdoit
10-04-2001, 03:49 PM
Hey Y'all. I had my Phase I, Day 2 workout today (Hot Point Fitness). It was great. There are a few things I'm noticing about the program that is really helping me: (1) it makes me concentrate much more on lifting, rather than just racing through the weights to get to the bike or run or whatever; (2) I'm getting a much more thorough and longer weight workout; (3) Abs are part of the program so I actually do them; and (4) using a lot of free weights are making me concentrate and focus as opposed to the machines that you don't really have to think about. The free weights take focus to balance, etc. So, there's my report. Tomorrow is another swim day.

Dena - I certainly won't say I told you so ;) , but I will say I'm so sorry you're still in so much pain :( . I hope you got the painkillers and they're effective. That's great that you're still on plan eating-wise. Just concentrate on that and don't worry about the exercise until you are REALLY AND TRULY up to it :) . You're in my prayers.

Pamela - WOOHOOOOOO on the bike ride. That's GREAT news:D .

Shasta - tae bo, wt training, rowing, YOU GO GIRL!!!! I was thinking about you this morning because I know you've said how much you like weight training. I think you'd really like the Hot Point Fitness book. Pick it up when you can and let me know what you think. Right now I think I'll probably do Phase I a few times before tackling Phase II.

Take care everyone and thanks for your posts :) :) .

jusdoit
10-05-2001, 06:44 PM
I went for a run on my lunch hour today (cuz I didn't get up for my swim this a.m.). I ran for 39 minutes (a route that usually takes me 36 minutes). I felt sluggish and tired the entire run. I thought it might be from the weight lifting, but when I thought more about it I think it was just because I didn't sleep much last night. That really makes a difference with me. But, as I've said before "I never regret a workout." So, I'm glad I did it.

Dena - I hope you're feeling better every day!

Pamela, Shasta and everyone else "out there" I hope all's well.

Have a great weekend everyone :wave: .

Amy8888
10-06-2001, 01:14 PM
I'm new here as you can probably tell from my post count. Actually, I've been lurking for quite awhile but finally decided to join. I've been working out pretty consistently since the summer and I'm losing weight by making healthy eating choices.
I'm 26 and I'm a grad student. I'm going through a breakup right now. My boyfriend and I were together almost 4 years, so it's been hard but exercising has been really good for me.

Anyway, I work out almost every day. I work out MWF and Saturday and Sundays. I really like to do step tapes and other aerobic tapes. On weekends when I have a little more time I sometimes go to the campus rec center to use the elliptical machines. I try to do some weight lifting on MWF as well, and when I can I try to walk to classes (about 25 minutes each way).

I'm excited because I just found 3 workout videos at a used CD store for $5 each. I had been hearing good things about all of them but was afraid to spend $15 plus on any of them. So if anyone is looking to freshen up your workouts cheaply, try to find a used CD store that sells used videos too!

I'm excited to join this thread because everyone here is so enthusiastic!

Amy

tupo_girl
10-07-2001, 10:49 PM
Hi Amy, nice to have you aboard!! I'm Pamela, 23, mother of Emmett (13 months) and wife to Jeremy:) I really enjoy this board and hope that you do too. There's some great ladies here!!

I don't have much to report. Managed to get in an hour bike ride yesterday but it was very cold and my legs weren't working in it well. We mall walked the Mall of America with my friend from Chicago then she and I stayed up until 4:30 am!! It was really fun. I did nothing today. Jeremy has the cold now. *sigh* This just hasn't been fun with all the colds and injuries lately.

I think I may have to institute a winter plan for excercise which is something I've been dreading all summer. I'm sure with everyone's help on here we'll come up with something!
In Christ,
Pamela

Amy8888
10-08-2001, 04:04 PM
Hi Pamela, thanks for the welcome!

I did a 40 minute Kathy Smith video this morning and did some light weight lifting (upper body). I didn't walk today or work out yesterday, and I always make a real attempt to work out on Sundays. I finalized my breakup on Saturday night though, so as good as exercise usually makes me feel, it was all I could do to get into the shower. I think it was okay to take a day off. But I did get back on the wagon this morning so that's something to feel good about!

Talk to everyone later! Amy

tupo_girl
10-08-2001, 11:42 PM
I did a 50 minute bike ride today. I ate "quite a bit" of junk but when I added up all I ate, it was only 300 calories worth. Not as bad as I thought. It's just that time of the month and all I want is chocolate. I just have a half serving of whatever at the time. I need to eat more fruits and veggies tomorrow:)
In Christ,
Pamela

shauna_rene
10-09-2001, 09:31 AM
Hi! My name is Shauna and I'm 22 years old. I am a newlywed and I seemed to have put on some weight since my wedding in June. Last summer I was at my highest weight ever, 181 lbs. I started eDiets and got down to 156 at one point. Now I'm back up to 173 lbs. YIKES! I have a pretty hectic schedule and seem like it's harder than ever to fit in any time for exercise. I really want to get back in shape. My clothes are starting to get pretty tight again and I just don't feel all that great. I don't seem to have as much energy either. I just need some motivation! My hubby keeps complaining that I treat him too good. He says that he wouldn't be fat if I didn't make the food taste so good. I keep telling him that he doesn't have to eat so darn much but he says that he can't help it when it tastes so good. I love to cook and I love to bake, so I guess that is a downfall when it comes to eating and gaining weight, right?

Anyway, any suggestions would be definitely appreciated. Best to everyone!

Shauna

jusdoit
10-09-2001, 01:29 PM
Hi everyone :) .

Amy 8888 - Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. I know that can be emotionally as well as physically exhausting. You're doing great though! Taking one day off is certainly deserved and getting right back to it the next day is awesome! Keep your chin up ;) .

Shauna - Welcome to you too! Congrats on being a newlywed :love: . I don't think being a good cook needs to be a hindrance at all. In fact, it could be very helpful in that you aren't always eating out or grabbing convenience foods. You simply need to focus a little more on healthy cooking (easy for me to say :dizzy: ). Have you ever looked at "Cooking Light" magazine? I really love their recipes. As for exercise, I find that the best time for me is in the early morning before the baby is up and before work. Otherwise, there's too many obstacles that get in the way. Is that an option for you? I know how hard it is to get out of bed in the early a.m. - especially when you're a newlywed :o .

Pamela - I'm glad you're getting in lots of riding while you can still do it outdoors. Are you a member of a gym where you can workout in the winter? I know it's a far cry from the great outdoors :( .

Dena - are you doing okay? I hope your recovery is going well. I'm thinking about you. Check in when you can :) .

I had a good "Hotpoint Fitness" workout this a.m. (for you newbies, it's a strength training program book that I've been following for a week and a half now). I lifted for about 40 minutes then did 30 minutes on the bike. Tomorrow is a swim day, then Thursday another lift day. I've been having a little trouble with "nighttime eating" lately. Darn it! Gotta work on that.

Take care everyone :wave: .

tupo_girl
10-09-2001, 11:42 PM
Jusdoit: Hopefully we will be out of the 'bad' debt in just a few weeks (yay and happy dance!) so we should be able to afford a year's membership to the local community center. I am looking forward to swimming in a pool again.

Shauna: nice to meet you! I too gained a lot of weight when I first got married 3 years ago. I started paying attention to what I was eating and excercising. Not that it's always been super easy or anything, and it takes time, but it is well worth it.

We walked all 3 levels of Mall of America today (3rd time I've been there in a week :lol: ). We also walked in 2 other malls today. (My mother in law from Iowa is here until tomorrow.) I'm trying to stay out of her delicious cookies! This is why I don't bake much anymore.
In Christ,
Pamela

Shasta27
10-10-2001, 04:17 PM
Hi Dena, pam, Just do it, Amy, Shauna:

how are you all this very fine day????
It's raining here in washington but never the less it's still a very fine day!!!!!
I've been busy running errands left and right. My mom just came back from Alaska. The important thing is I get my excercise in!
Monday I did Denise kickout for 20 minutes , tuesday- I did 20 minutes of the rower and 20 minutes of weightraining, today- I did Taebo...I'm feeling good this week!
I'm still counting those calories. I seem to be doing alot better, sticking to my calorie goal. I've had my journal for one month now, boy how that helps. My mom noticed that I lost my chin and she says, I walk alot fast now...so good to hear that, so my hard work is paying off. WOOHOO.

Pam-good job on walking! I'm so happy for you riding your bike, woohoo pam!!!! Your doing it!!!!!

Just do it- Now I really must checkout this hotpoint fitness book. I just do dumbell weights...wondering if they have a program for that in the book??? I'm so excited when I get a new fitness book or new aerobics video, so exciting. Good job with weightraining and biking...wohoo...You can do it!!!!!! Burn that butter!

Dena; You poor thing! You rest and get better. Don't be in such a hurry, give your body time to heal!!!! I know it must be hard. I hope you gett better real soon, I'll be thinking of ya!!!!

Shauna:Welcome! Congratulations! I hear you girl, on being a newly wed, I'v been married about one year and 1/2. Same problem....I started cooking lowfat just like within the last month...John lost five pounds...hehe....I didn't really even tell him I was going to start cooking lowfat, just did it, he didn't even complain...hehe. There are some wonderful lowfat recipes out there...You can do it girl!!!! Every little bit helps!!!! So nice to have ya here!

Amy: Welcome...Nice to meet ya! Good job with the kathysmith workout and the weights!!!! Woohoo. I'm so sorry about your breakup...it's good your keeping busy though!!!!! Keep burning that butter!!!! It's nice to have ya here!!! I love kathy smith! That's next on my list of Aeorbic videos.

Stay STRONG, have a wonderful day/evening!

Shasta

shauna_rene
10-11-2001, 08:16 AM
Hi Ladies,

I did a bad thing last night. I made chocolate chip cookies! :eek: Why? I don't really know why. They sounded so good, but the bad part is that my hubby doesn't like chocolate, so the cookies will either be eaten by me, or I'll have to give/throw them away. What's the best suggestion?! I've really gotta get moving on the exercise. I'm trying really hard to drink a lot of water. I was drinking 4-5 quarts/day last summer, but now I have a hard time getting in just one or 2 quarts. I usually drink a lot of coffee or hot tea throughout the day. However, I haven't had any caffeine yet this morning. I am going to have a cup of hot tea in a little bit, but I've had 20 oz. of water on my drive to work this morning. I will finish the water before the tea though and go ahead and refill the water bottle so that it is waiting for me when I'm finished with the tea.:D

I better get busy with work. I'll let you know later how the day goes. Have a great day!

Shauna:wave:

Amy8888
10-11-2001, 03:08 PM
Hi! Thanks for the welcome!

I haven't been feeling well this week (PMS, etc.). I have not been following the diet too well this week but I figured if I ever deserved a week off this is the week. I worked out yesterday but it was a very easy 27 minute workout (Buns of Steel Step 2000). I didn't do the toning after the aerobic part of the video, and it was my first time through that video so I kept doing the wrong thing and stopping. But like I said, I just didn't feel good. Tomorrow I'll try to do a hardcore workout! And if the weather is like it is today I should walk to school too. It's so nice out!

Keep going, everyone!

Amy

tupo_girl
10-13-2001, 10:51 PM
Well I got up at 7:30 am and did a Stormie OMartin video today! I was going to get up at 7 and bike, but it was pouring and with all the leaves on the ground, it didn't seem very safe. I'm going to try and get up at 7 or 7:30 every day and do a tape now. If I get into the habit, I think I can keep it up. Plus it makes me go to bed earlier. This week was bad with eating for me too (also PMS) plus my mil was here and she's a fabulous cook. I ate emotionally once this week (was actually hungry!) but it's only #3 since July and I'm not doing it every day anymore.

I'm so glad to hear about everyone excercising!! Woohoo! We can do it!

Shauna Rae: do you have any neighbors that you've been wanting to meet or people in the hospital? Maybe you could take cookies to them! Good that you know to get them out of the house though!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
In Christ,
Pamela

lucylost
10-14-2001, 10:19 PM
Hi all,

I am a 24 year old librarian who does at least 10 minutes of exercise every day. I started at 290 lbs mid July and now weigh 255 (probably less since my weigh-in is tomorrow). I am 5 foot 7.5 inches and have a medium to large frame size. So far I have done this by journaling my food, drinking at least 2 liters of water per day and exercising! Exercise is my favorite part and interestingly enough, I've always hated it! I, like Amy, do exercise videos. I do a combo of weights, aerobics, and stretching/toning.

Dena, I can relate to you. I had a very nasty broken leg back in March and had to have it surgically repaired. I know have a titanium rod running through my leg from ankle to knee. My leg still aches, parts of my foot are still numb, and I don't have all the rotation I did before. Plus, my foot on the broken leg splays outwards slightly. It has made exercise very frustrating. I was confined to a wheelchair for awhile and am so happy to be able to walk like a normal person that I have really grown to love dancing and aerobics. Unfortunately, I can't do them all the time because my leg ends up hurting. I did get exercise approved by my surgeon, I just want to do everything RIGHT NOW! :) So, I am alternating aerobics with strength training/toning. Dena, hang in there. It WILL get better.

I end up exercising in the evenings because I need it to unwind from work. I also am lazy and don't like to get up early. ;) I am visiting my future MIL on Thanksgiving and she hasn't seen me since I lost weight. I would love to keep exercising every day until then. So, hope you don't mind if I post on this board!

Thanks,

Kim

Amy8888
10-15-2001, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone! Lucy, it sounds like you're making some great progress. I don't know what I would do if I broke my leg and couldn't exercise for a long time. I need to exercise in order to lose weight.

I had a good exercise weekend. Friday, I did about 35 minutes of the Kathy Smith Aerobox workout. That is very hard and my arms were killing me all weekend! Saturday, I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 50 minutes and after, I did some ab work. I hate ab work! Sunday I did a 40 minute step video (Fitness Formula with Kari Anderson) and this morning, I did Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough. That's a 50 minute video with intense stepping (I do the hardest segments on the floor rather than on the step), some weight lifting, and some ab work. So I feel good about working out pretty intensely again. I was planning to walk to classes today but it was raining. No workout tomorrow, but hopefully Wednesday morning I can work out and walk!

Have a good week everyone!

Amy

shauna_rene
10-16-2001, 07:59 AM
Hi! I finally did it last night! I went home and exercised after work. I was doing TaeBo everyday last summer and really dropped some pounds, but when I went home and started up my final year of college, I kinda quit doing it. Last night I did TaeBo and it felt great! I also did some arm exercises, crunches, and leg exercises. I went to bed a little later than usual and I feel great this morning. I went to bed at 10:30, which isn't really all that late, but considering that I get up at 5:00 every morning to get ready for work, 10:30 is late. I'm planning on doing TaeBo again tonight when I get home. I can't wait!

Shauna:D

Dena
10-16-2001, 06:01 PM
I can't type much, so I'll be brief.

I'm feeling a little better. I went to **** and back, but I think I'm on the road to recovery. Fingers crossed. I tried to walk yesterday. i looked like Frankenstein, but nevertheless, I walked. I finally stopped taking painkillers during the day. Waaaahoooo!

Keep up the great work, everyone!

Time to stop typing.
(Hugs)
Dena

shauna_rene
10-17-2001, 07:43 AM
Dena~I hope you start feeling better soon and that you're able to keep walking and moving around.:D

Well, I did it again last night! I did TaeBo when I got home and then I really behaved myself, didn't have any pumpkin cookies or ice cream. I just ate healthy portions of spaghetti and drank more water. I'm feeling super today!

Shauna:D

Shasta27
10-20-2001, 03:13 PM
Hi Ladies:
How we all doing this fine day??? I HOPE GREAT!
I've been away quite awhile feels like...but I'm here!!!!!
I havn't felt very good this past week, I don't know what kind of bug it was. Then On Tuesday I was doing this new excercise tape and overextended, my back is a bit sore. But, despite all that I was able to excercise three times last week and three times this week! I'm thankful for that...:) I just need to rest my back another day or two, I should be back to five times a week hopefully.
I got these news tapes by minna. "fat Eliminator" and "strength and grace". The strength and grace is yoga and pilates and the fat eliminator is a strength video....I'm excited to add this to my routine. I need to sit down and figure all this out...I still want to do weighttraining three times a week and aerobics three times a week and add flexibility in there once a week.
I've been busy shopping for my Aunt in Alaska and running errands with my mom.
BRRRR...it's getting chilly out!!!!

Shauna-rene-good Job doing taebo!!!! It's such a good workout!!!! Good Job not snacking!!!! It feels nice doesn't it?? TO have that control....

Dena- you poor girl!!!!I'm so glad your feeling better!!!!!!! Pretty soon you will be zooming right by us ;) Keep getting better!!!!!! Hope your walk was good!!!!

Amy- you sound like your doing great!!!! So motivating to hear all the workouts your doing....woohoooo...keep it up GIRL!!!!

Lucylost-Welcome! so nice to have you here!!!! Your excercise plan sounds good!!!!! I have just found my love for Aerobics :) Weightraining is my other love!!!! Feels so good afterwards!

PAM- hey girl, sounds like your doing good with your tape....Stormie Omartin...hmmm never heard of it..how is it???? I'm always on the lookout for good excercise tapes!!!!! I think everybody has PMS days here and there....but tomorrow is a new day right!!!!! Your doing good PAM!!!!!!

JUST DO IT- hey girl, how ya doin????? Sounds like your doing great with your hot fitness plan...wooohooo!!!!! Workouts sounds AWESOME! The snacking...is something I'm trying to work on also, I think I have certain days where I'm more hungry then others...must be hormones....Tomorrow is NEW DAY!!!!

Well girls, STAY STRONG, and BURN THAT BUTTER!!!!

Have a SMASHING weekend...

SHASTA

Kathlean
10-21-2001, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone, Can I join your challenge to exercise to turkey day?
I usually do the Richard Simmons, dancing to the oldies tapes, because of physical problems, I dont do the whole thing standing up, but do as much as I can, and sit when I have to, I would of never believed before that you can sit and do exercise. Also do a stationary bike, I started at only 3 minutes at a time, now up to 8 minutes, some days I do it twice for that long.
In 98 I had surgeries, one on my back, 17 hours long and almost died, I have had many back surgeries, and usually dont have any trouble getting back to doing things and exercising, but this time... after 1 month, I also broke my pelvic bone, they tried to pin it but wasnt able to, so they removed most of my left pelvic/hip.. and so exercise Has been really really hard, I dont know how many times I went to a physical therapist and quit, because it hurts to much, BUT then
I got a richard simmons tape, I can do alot of it, and it made my legs stronger.. so now am doing it, and adding the bike, so as I get more weight off will try to go back to walking,
Anyway sure didnt mean to write a book :lol:
just wanted to introduce myself, my friend Shasta invited me...
I will do some sort of Exercise every day till turkey day,
And look forward to getting to know yall :)
Kathlean

Dena
10-22-2001, 07:25 PM
Hello to All!

Welcome Kathlean, Shauna-Rene, Amy & Lucy! How's it going, Shasta, Jusdoit and Pam!

Today was the first day back to the gym for me and it felt great! I only spent 20 minutes on the treadmill, but that's all my body would allow after the shock of that black widow bite. A couple of people at the gym wondered where I was, because it had been a whole month since I was there. That was a long time for me. You know something is wrong when you can't move for a month! I used to be so energetic. Well, hopefully, my energy will return back to it's old self.

It still hurts me to type, so I'll stop for now.

Talk to you soon,
(Hugs),
Dena

jusdoit
10-22-2001, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately. I'm not sure why??? I just haven't been in the mood. But I do lurk and I truly appreciate everyone else's posts.

I was just looking at my exercise log and noticed that for the last three weeks beginning with the first week of October, my workout days have decreased (i.e., week one-5 days, week two-4 days, and week three-3 days). Well, today is day one of week four and I plan on SIX WORKOUTS this week!!!! Yes, I can do it! I ran today on my lunch hour for 38 minutes. Sooo, one day down, five to go.

Dena, I'm so glad to hear you are getting better and stronger every day. Congrats on your first day back to the gym. I'll bet it felt great to be back. Just be careful and PATIENT ;) .

Shasta, so good to see you back too. You're doing great! Take care of your back :) .

Welcome Kathlean and a big hello to everyone else I haven't gotten to know yet. I'll try to do better at posting this week AND of course exercising :^: .

Take care everyone :wave:

Kathlean
10-22-2001, 10:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Today I did the Richard Simmons tape, this one also has some toning, and it feels good to get the arms and legs moving and toning. They are sore but its a good sore :)
Hope everyone has a GREAT week of Exercise, I am finding If I want something, like just to feel better I try to jump on the bike instead of eat, and exercise really does make my mood better.
Take care yall,
Kathlean :)

shauna_rene
10-23-2001, 08:08 AM
Hi ladies! Sounds like everyone is doing great! My hubby and I took the puppy for a walk/run last night. It ended up being about a mile, which was great for us to spend time together, get some exercise, and get the puppy used to the leash. He's a 4 month old St. Bernard that weighs 55 lbs., so it was good for him. He did very well with his leash. I'm looking forward to taking him for a walk again tonight.

I weighed in yesterday and I'm down 2 lbs. WOOHOO! I hope that with my persistence, I will see those numbers keep going down on the scale. That'd be wonderful!

Well, I must get busy here at work. Have a spectacular day everyone!:D

Shauna

Shasta27
10-23-2001, 11:20 AM
Hi ladies:
How is everyone doing?????? I hope great!!!!!
A big welcome Kathlean!!!!! This thread is so motivating for me, I'm sure that you will just absolutely love it here...:)
Well I'm back to burning that butter!!!!!
I decided to stick with the basics here. Rowing/weights/denise Austin....I really think I jumped ahead of myself here so I ended up straining my back but I am all better now...hehe.
I am back on my calorie diet so I'm on track again.
Today I'm doing denise Austin for 20 minutes. Hopefully eventually I can do the full 40 minute workout...down the road.
I'm feeling good today!!!!!! WHEWW!
So my plan is to excercise 5 days this week....
A new week, A new goal!!!!!

Dena: I'm so glad your getting better!!!! 20 minutes sounds great after not excercising for a month. I know you'll be back to your old self again in no TIME!!!!! Hope you get much better real fast...turkey day is around that corner...:)

Kathlean: GOOD GIRL with your richard simmons and your bike!!!! WOOHOO...burning that butter!!!!! You will be out stepping Richard pretty soon!!!!!! STAy strong girl!!!!

Just do it: You can do it!!!! Good job running. New week a new goal!!!! Consistency is the key!!!! THe important thing is your excercising every week!!!! I know you can reach your goal this week!!!!!

Shauna_rene- That is so great with your 2 lb. weightloss. Good job walking!!!! Keep IT UP GIRL!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Ya all have a nice evening/day!!!!! It's so nice to be back in ACTION again....I surely missed excercising....

Shasta

jusdoit
10-23-2001, 12:12 PM
I did my hotpoint fitness workout this morning and boy did it kick my behind! It was over an hour of strength training so I didn't have time to do any aerobics before work, but that's okay. I may squeeze in a short run when I get home. Okay, 2 days down and 4 to go for my goal this week :D .

Kathlean - Way to go on the Richard Simmons!!!! Great idea about jumping on the bike to distract yourself from eating. It usually only takes a few minutes of distraction to get you to change your thinking. But it's in a split second that you can succomb to the temptation. It seems so simple but it's so tough! You're doing an awesome job! :)

Shauna - CONGRATS on the 2 lbs. YAAAHOOOOOO!!!! Your puppy sounds adorable (in a BIG cuddly sort of way :lol: ). I love dogs!

Shasta - We're gonna make our goals this week - no problem :D :D. Burn baby burn:devil:

Later gators.......

lucylost
10-24-2001, 01:44 AM
Hi again everyone!

I took most of last week off from exercising. I did some minor toning/weights stuff, but no aerobics. My ankle has been hurting so my week off was kind of a test to see if not doing aerobics helped it. I think taking the time off was good. The past two days I have been exercising every day and want to continue doing that!

Shauna congrats on your weight loss!! And Dena, I'm happy for you that you managed to get back to the gym. Bet it feels great to be able to move again.

Well, talk to you all later.

- Kim

Kathlean
10-24-2001, 05:48 AM
Hi everyone :)
Well today did one run on the bike so far, will do another soon.
I can only do about 8 minutes each time, so do it a couple a day.
Hey Shasta you got that right, We are going to kick those fat cells to the curb!!!
Justdoit, you know I never did that much before, delayed eating, and I am really suprised most the time I forget for awhile once I delay that first few minutes, its like just getting over that little hump, and forgetting food then.
Lucy Lost, Kim, I dont know what your handle means, but made me think... I am trying to get rid of my evil twin the one that is the fat clone hanging on the true me, inside!!! :D
We will do it one day at a time...
Yall have another great day today!!
Love ya Kathlean

shauna_rene
10-24-2001, 08:06 AM
Hi ladies!

Well, I didn't exercise last night when I got home, but I did walk for 20 min. yesterday during my lunch with a couple of other women I work with. We went up and down stairs, and round the building quite a few times so we really got a good walk. Last night was my husband and I's 4 month anniversary, so we spent the evening talking and just enjoying one another. We don't always get the chance to spend so much time together, but he was home early last night so we took advantage of the time. Tonight it's back to TaeBo or another workout tape. I did do about 25 crunches this morning though before coming to work.

Way to go to all of those out there losing weight and feeling great, as well as those who are making a committment to becoming healthier!

Shauna:)

jusdoit
10-24-2001, 12:50 PM
Hey everyone! I had a great 50 minute swim this morning. It was all I could do to crawl out of my nice warm bed (especially when it's getting dark in the a.m.), but I was justly rewarded with a good workout :) .

Kim - I hope your ankle feels better. Good job getting right back to exercising!

Kathlean - biking at 8 minute intervals is awesome. A couple times a day and you'll be melting away. :D

Shauna - happy 4 month anniversary :love: . You definitely made the right choice spending that quality time with your dh. And you still got in a good walk at lunch. Good job! :)

Tomorrow it's back to the gym for strenght training and some biking.

See ya lighter!!!!

lucylost
10-25-2001, 12:50 AM
Hello everybody,

Kathlean, I never thought of my handle like that before! :lol: It's actually the name of something I was writing a couple of years ago. The name has stuck with me and it seems to be fairly unique. Biking is awesome, I need to get back into it but my recumbent is broken. Keep it up!

Shauna, congrats on your anniversary! I am not motivated enough to do workouts during lunch - my fiance and I always go somewhere tasty for lunch (Lunch is my big meal of the day). But, good for you - I bet it makes you feel more energized in the afternoon. :)

jusdoit, I love swimming, especially in the morning! What a great way to start the day.

Well, I did a Denise Austin 30 minute toning tape today. Here I thought I was getting relatively buff (as compared to the couch potato I was three months ago) and I was too weak to even get all the way through some of the leg exercises! I have strong quads, so these were obviously using a different muscle. Well, I will keep at it. I actually like doing crunches and the like because I can for once in my life actually tell I am moving my abs!

Tomorrow I will do an aerobics tape of some sort.

Talk to you all later.

- Kim

Dena
10-25-2001, 01:22 PM
Hey Guys!

I went to another doc for a second opinion, because I'm still in so much pain. It seems I was bitten by a Black Widow AND tore a ligament in my right arm from a machine at the gym. What a nightmare. I'm now in a sling for the next 3 weeks. I guess it's official... I'm now an athlete.:) I kinda like that title... pain and all. I have orders to only do stuff with my left hand. So I'm typing real slow.

I went on the bike for 20 minutes this morning and feel a little better. No more gym while I'm in the sling, but walking and biking at home are ok.

Keep up the great work.
Hugs,
Dena

Kathlean
10-25-2001, 11:52 PM
Hey Everyone!!

Shauna Rene Thats a great Idea walking at lunch. And Happy ANiversary to you. How fun, nice your hubby likes to talk. In my hubby's Year book, under his photo it says "man of few words". Not much has changed. :lol:

Justdoit, I love how it feels to get a good exercise in, YOU must feel great after doing it early in the morning.. good for you!!

LucyLost, :lol: you would not believe it, I got off line and started worrying about your name, thinking ok I did it again, maybe the name is about someone close to you that you lost, and I stuck my foot in my mouth ... So glad to hear that isnt the case. :)
Are you a Writer? Keep up the great work exercising! what is Denise Austin, I know Shasta does that one too, (where is that girl ;) )

Hi Dena Sure hope your arm feels better soon, Glad your able to do the exercising even though your injured.

Good to see yall Burning the butter kicking the fat to the CURB!!!

I did my Richard Simmons tape, it has about 25 minutes Aerobics, and some toning and streaching. I really like the toning, i can feel my legs and arms getting stronger. ANd I can stand up for most the Aerobics, I have to sit down for most of one song, and a little on to songs, but I figure I will keep doing it till I can stand the whole time, the whole tape is 57 minutes. And I sweat and get my heart rate going good.
Tonight I will add one trip on the bike too. :)
I am happy today cause its my weigh day, and lost another 3.9 pounds and got under 350 I am 349 now and that means I am able to weigh on the doctors scale a BIG deal, no more going to the orthopedic unit weighing on there scale Wooooo hoooo!!!
It made me really try harder on my exercise... standing as much as I could.

See yall ligher tomorrow and everyone keep on Exercising!!!!
Love Kathlean

shauna_rene
10-26-2001, 08:37 AM
Way to go Kathlean! Keep up the AWESOME work!:D

Dena~So glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery and that you're still able to do some exercise. I hope that the recovery doesn't take too long!

I peeked at the scales this morning and it looks like I've lost another 2 lbs. but the official weigh in isn't until Monday. I just have to make sure I control myself this weekend and don't make many bad food choices, drink plenty of water, and get some exercise. :)

I plan on walking again today during lunch. We go up and down stairs and walk pretty quickly for 20 minutes. It really helps to ease some tension and it's a great way to fit in some exercise. Thank goodness that there are others here at work wanting to do the same thing!

I better get back to work. Have a spectacular day everyone! :D

Shauna

Dena
10-26-2001, 01:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just did 30 minutes on the bike. Waaaahooooo! I'm determined to get back to my old well self.

Shauna and Kathlean. congrats on your weightloss.

Kim. good job on the DA tape. Hope your ankle heals quickly.

Jusdoit, wow 50 minutes swimming in the early morning. You go, girl!

Shasta, sorry about your back. Keep up the great work with DA!

Pam, hope all is well with you.

Pretty good for typing with one hand, huh?
:dizzy:

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Dena

jusdoit
10-26-2001, 01:35 PM
Happy Friday movers/losers!

Yesterday I did weight training for an hour which was great but only left me with 20 minutes to bike but that' s okay cuz it was primarily a weight day. This morning I swam for 35 minutes. I was really tired for some reason, but that's okay too. I did it. :)

Kim - good job workin' that D.A. tape! I wish I had your outlook on crunches....I HATE THEM. Keep up the excellent work :) .

Kathlean - CONGRATS on the 3.9 pounds!!! That's great that you used that motivation to exercise. Way to go girl :D .

Shauna - 2 more pounds down :D awesome! Enjoy your lunch walk.

Dena - so, so glad to see that you're getting better every day. Having that forced down time really does make you appreciate being able to move your bod, doesn't it? You're doing great! ;)

Tomorrow I WILL make my 6-day workout goal for the week. I plan to workout on Sunday also - a little bonus :lol: . We'll see. That would mean I'd have to behave Saturday night........:^:

Have a great weekend everyone:wave:

tupo_girl
10-26-2001, 04:05 PM
Here I am!!!!! I took some time off of being on the Internet for awhile but I'm back again. I'm still excercising but it's gotten very cold here and has been flurrying for 3 days. I didn't lose anything this week but I think if I stop eating the little bit of sweets every day that I have been eating, I'll be ok. I need to find my swimsuit so I can go to the pool a couple of times a week. I know my size 18 will be way too big now:) Just gotta figure out where the old one is... Nice to see all these new people here!!! Oh and someone asked me about Stormie Omartin: it's an old Christian workout video that my friend lent me. It is quite a bit like my Kathy Smith Fat Burning workout but not quite as intense. My plan has been to go to bed early enough so I can get up at 7 and do a tape, but my bed is so warm and cozy. I should be doing one now, but don't feel like it. Lousy excuse I know but Emmett will be up soon. We're down to one nap a day so it's my only time to relax at all. Oh well...
Dena: Ouch! I'm still praying for you, girl. Hope you get well soon.
In Christ,
Pamela

Shasta27
10-26-2001, 10:23 PM
Hi,
How we all doing???? I hope good!!!!
I did denise austin for 20 minutes yesterday, boy that felt good!!!!! I'm a bit sore though but that's alright, back to burnin that butter!
In a few minutes I'll be doing my rower for 20 minutes and weightraining for another 20 minutes....that will feel really GOOD!
I believe I'm back on track. 4 workouts for this week, next week I will aim for five days!!!!!
It is raining cats and dogs here in WA ST.
I'm within my calories also so Everything is good on this end ;)
Looking forward to the weekend!!!!! AHHHH!!!!
Hope everyone is getting their excercise INN!!!! Let's all get Lean, Strong and Healthy!!!!!!

Pam-Keep up the good work! It's so good your maintaining!!!! Get that excercie in ;)

Just do it-YEAH! your doing it girl...hope you enjoyed your swim....your weightraining session sounded awesome!!!!!!

Dena-Your on your way girl!!!!! I'm glad your feeling better.....woohoo!!!!

Kim-good job on the Aerobics tape!!!!! You go girl!!!!

Kathlean: Wow the weightloss is so awesome...your just fading away before our eyes....wooohooo...keep burning those calories!!!!

Shauna-rene:Keep burning those calories, Great job losing 2 lbs. STAY STRONG!!!!!

Take care,
Shasta

lucylost
10-27-2001, 12:55 AM
Wow,

Everyone is doing so well! Keep up the excellent work everyone :D

Dena, yowch! I hope your arm heals quickly. Hang in there.

At work we have a thing called the Aerobic Winter Challenge which lasts from November through February. The goal is to exercise 30 minutes three times a week throughout the four months. I signed up and even signed up to be a team leader! We win prizes if we do our exercises and our team is guaranteed part of the jackpot (money) if ALL ten of us do the exercises for all four months. It should help keep me on track so I am pretty excited about it. I can do 30 minutes, I'm still averaging 40 minutes per day over the past month according to fitday. :smug:

Now I just have to think of a good name for my team!

Have a good weekend everyone,

Kim

tupo_girl
10-29-2001, 01:01 AM
So my sister and I went to the mall yesterday and we went in American Eagle. They had some really cute pants on sale so we decided to try them on. I picked up a pair in my current size (14) and thought that they kind of looked big so I grabbed a size 12 to try on. The 14's were too big and I got in the 12's!! I'm so excited. This is just the motivation I need. I can't actually wear a size 12 yet (too tight, but hey I zippered em!) but it's a good sign. My dad and I took Emmett out on a bike ride today, then stopped by a playground. I love being outside especially now that's it warmed up again. I love just taking Emmett outside and chasing him. He finds it hysterical to watch me run so I've been running around a lot more. Anything for a laugh:) Hehe... Hope we all have a good week!
In Christ,
Pamela

Dena
10-29-2001, 01:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

I want to thank you all for your warm wishes and prayers. I really appreciate them and I know they are helping. Thank you. I'm still typing with my left hand, so this will be brief.

I got on the bike for 30 mins. today and Sat and walked for 30 on Sun. Being able to exercise again has really lifted my spirits.

Pam, congrats on down-sizing! You're doing great. And thank you for the prayers.

Kim, good luck in the winter aerobic challenge. I'm rooting for you all the way!

Shasta, I'm so proud of you. I did 15 mins of DA this morning. She's on TV at 7 am. here. I love her positive way.

Jusdoit, congrats on your 6-day week workout! I'm so impressed with you. Your an inspiration.

Thanks, everyone for working so hard. We are so much better for it.

Hugs,
Dena

tupo_girl
10-30-2001, 12:01 PM
I did a half an hour bike ride yesterday but it was very chilly and windy! But I didn't eat ice cream last night!! Woohoo! I craved it and I was actually hungry so I ate a banana. The best part is that I fell asleep easily and slept through without weird dreams until dh woke me up a little at 5:). Woohoo! That's the best thing that's happened to me in awhile. I'm having fun looking in stores again.

Dena: Glad to hear you're able to excercise but sad to hear you're still typing with your left hand only. I'll keep on praying for you!!

In Christ,
Pamela

Dena
10-30-2001, 01:39 PM
I did 20 minutes of the Denise Austin's TV show this a.m. I only moved back and forth to the music, but I was so proud of myself. Last week I could hardly walk. I'm coming back slowly, but surely. Later I did 15 mins. on the bike.

Lucylost (Kim), your story inspired me. Thank you.

Pam, thanks again for your prayers.

Amy, how are you doing?

Keep up the great work, everyone.
Hugs,
Dena

tupo_girl
10-30-2001, 09:42 PM
Didn't do anything formal today, just 4 loads of laundry and mall walking. I ate really good and now have some sort of stomach buggy! I'm in good shape!

Dena: glad to hear that you're moving more and more!!
In Christ,
Pamela

lucylost
10-30-2001, 11:49 PM
Pam, way to go on the smaller size! That's great!!

Dena, you're making progress - keep your chin up.

I didn't do any exercise today, but this was the first day I skipped in awhile. It's going to start snowing here soon and I have this belated urge to ride my bike! So I spent Saturday trying to find my bike. I found it and will take it to a shop this weekend - it just needs a tuneup and some new tires.

Talk to you all later,

Kim

tupo_girl
10-31-2001, 06:06 AM
Kim, thanks for the encouragement! I did my Halloween weigh in today and I've lost 2 more pounds. I really need to stay away from the sugar. I hope to lose 1 more pound by Friday so I can buy the new Nick Bantock book.

I love biking! Maybe if it's warm enough today, I'll go. Or maybe early. Yeah, it's 5 am right now. Emmett was crying at 3:30 so I went to the bathroom before getting him, but he was asleep again by the time I got out.

The good thing about having this tummy thing is that I can buy whatever candy I want for tonight and not be tempted by it.
In Christ,
Pamela

tupo_girl
10-31-2001, 06:08 AM
Kim, congrats on your weight loss! I just read the end of your post and saw that you have lost 40 pounds! Wow! That is awesome! Keep up the good work!
In Christ,
Pamela:D

jusdoit
10-31-2001, 02:04 PM
I made my goal last week of 6 workouts and so far this week I'm on day 2. I swam this morning, and yesterday I lifted weights and rode the lifecycle. I'm feeling good about my exercise, but a little "iffy" on the eating....and drinking:( . I'll work on it :^: .

Pamela - Another 2 pounds AND a size down!!!! Way to go! You also get major points for choosing that banana over ice cream :angel: .

Shasta - Congrats on 4 workouts last week and I know you'll do 5 this week :D . It's great that your workouts are so diverse. I think I've said that before, but I really think that's so important and it seems to me everyone on here does a darn good job of that!

Kim - That's great that you volunteered to be a leader for the Aerobic Winter Challenge. That takes courage and motivation. Nothing can stop you now!!! Good luck getting the bike in working order :) .

Dena - I'm so proud of your progress. It sounds like you'll be at full steam in no time at all. Keep at it slow and steady ;) .

Have a great day everyone :wave: .

Dena
11-01-2001, 12:55 PM
Hi Guys.

I walked outside slowly for 25 mins. today and yesterday-- without painkillers during thd day, just anti-inflammatory meds at night to help me sleep. This is major. I even got to feed the scrub jays and crows, which really brightened my day. They were so happy to see me. It's like they knew I've been under the weather. Studies show animals are good for health. I believe it.

Jusdoit, wow, I'm so impressed with you getting up early to swim. Thanks for being proud of my progress. That only motivates me more.

Pam, you're determination to lose weight is helping me stay good, too. I've lost around 45 lbs total before all of this happened. I went from a size 16/18 to a size 8. Hopefully I'll get to size 6...my goal.

Kim, how is the aerobic challenge going? Best of luck. Congrats on getting your bike fixed. You go, girl.

Hugs to all,
Dena

Dena
11-02-2001, 11:12 AM
Happy Friday!

I just finished doing 30 mins. of Denise A.'s TV workout. Again, I only moved side to side to the music, but added more energy. I'm improving!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Hugs,
Dena

jusdoit
11-02-2001, 01:48 PM
Hey guys. I had a good workout this a.m. (weights, bike and abs) :) , but no workout yesterday :( . So the best I can do this week (if I have a STRONG finish) is 5 days. Soooo, strong finish here I come!!!

Dena - one word for you -- AWESOME ;)

I guess it's just a quickie for me today. I'm thinking of you all and hoping everyone has a GREAT WEEKEND! Let's follow Dena outside and enjoy nature while we move......:D

tupo_girl
11-04-2001, 10:38 PM
Dena, I'm so glad to hear that I'm encouraging you!! I would love to be a size 8 again, it's been so long. We started about the same size though. I'm really going to be stubborn this month. As few sweets as possible. It's working pretty good so far. I had some yesterday but mostly fruity ones. I want to be 160 by Thanksgiving (5 pounds). I know I can do it!!!
In Christ,
Pamela

Dena
11-05-2001, 06:09 PM
Hi Guys.

This morning I went on the stationary bike for 30 mins. and this afternoon I walked for 1/2 an hour. I wish my arm would hurry up and get better. It likes to remind me that it still has a way to go before it's healed. My energy is back, though. YAY! Little by little I'm getting there.

Pamela, you're doing great weight-wise. It's hard this time of year with so many temptations out there. Let's work on this weightloss thing together. I've noticed I put on a couple of lbs. recently. Gonna try to lose 5 lbs. by Thanksgiving, too.

Jusdoit, I'm going to follow your lead with moving at least 5 times this week, too. I feel so much better when I do a liitle something. I love your attitude!

Keep up the great work, everybody.
Hugs,
Dena

jusdoit
11-05-2001, 07:53 PM
Hi Guys. I hate to report that I didn't have that strong finish to my week.... I ended up running on Saturday for 25 minutes (not nearly what I'd planned) and not doing ANYTHING on Sunday :( . Darn it! Today is Monday and guess what? I didn't work out this morning :mad: :mad: . I plan to do something tonight and then get my butt up in the a.m. and go to the gym. I'm flying across country on Wednesday (a little fearful, I must admit) so I know I'll miss a few workouts in the process. I'll be gone for about a week.

Dena - keep up the fabulous job. I'm so glad you have your energy back. I hope your arm feels better very soon also :) .

Pamela - I know you can reach your Thanksgiving goal. You've got all our support so how could you not ? :D

I'm feeling a little disappointed with myself right now, but I will bounce back and fight the good fight!!!!

Take care everyone!

shauna_rene
11-06-2001, 11:20 AM
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy here at work and haven't had a chance to read much of the thread even. I'm still walking during lunch, whether someone is walking with me or not. Last night I went home and walked the dog for 10 minutes and then went inside and did 20 minutes of an aerobic video. I felt great afterwards! We don't have a bunch of sugary snacks laying around the house to tempt me either, just fruit! I gained a pound back when I weighed in yesterday so I am determined to really lose this week and I'm talking 2 lbs. :D

Better get back to work now. Have a great day everyone!

Shauna:)

Dena
11-06-2001, 05:56 PM
I walked briskly for 30 mins. this morning and another 30 mins. this afternoon. I'm so excited that I can do this again. I'm on my way now!

Shauna, that is so great that you're walking during your lunch break. And congrats for doing 20 mins. of the video and taking your doggie out for a walk. All of these things take time, but you're right, you feel so good afterwards.

Jusdoit, I'm always super impressed with the amount of exercise you do, even if you think it didn't meet your goal for the week. There are lots of people who think exercising isn't worth the trouble at all. But you get up early and swim, run and workout! Good job, my friend. I hope you have a good trip, too.

Super hugs to all,
Dena

tupo_girl
11-07-2001, 02:29 AM
Dena, ok we'll lose weight together!!!
Jusdoit: I got out the Hot Point book from the library today. I was thinking of you! I'm really curious about it, especially with winter supposedly on the way.

Well, we had another gorgeous day in Minnesota so my dad and I went on a 22 mile bike ride with Emmett in the trailer. Emmett fell asleep which is really the main reason we attempted to go that far. He doesn't totally care for being in it, but it's getting better now that he seems to know that we stop on at the very fun playground on the way home.

Still trying to stay away from sweets. I had some Saturday and some last night but it's much much better than eating them every night.
In Christ,
Pamela

Dena
11-07-2001, 12:49 PM
I guess this thread is getting kind of long, so I'll start Everyday Exercisers #2. Let's all meet there.

Hugs,
Dena