Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 11:14 AM   #1  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Lightbulb What are your reasons?

Last night as I was laying in bed my mind was spinning. I was thinking there are so many reasons to be faithful to the WW plan! Yes, all of us want to lose weight, and all of us want to avoid the health risks of being overweight! But what little inside things are driving you? I thought if I make a list that I can refer back to when the going gets tough, it might just be the self-motivation that I need at an important moment! So, here goes, here's my short list!

1. I want to look in the mirror and only see ONE chin!
2. I want to shop for the cute clothes in the missy department, not be limited to the plus size items I can find!
3. I want to chase my kiddos around and not get out of breath!
4. I want to climb out of the lake onto the back of our boat and have it look EASY!
5. I want to see old friends and have them say "Damn, girl! You look GOOD!"

Well, that's it! This is my short list! How about you? Do you have a short list too?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:16 PM   #2  
banned

i wanna get around on my own not in a w/c and i want to be able to move around w/o feeling like i just ran a marathon!

my leader told me 1 lb=4 lbs resistance on your body so even 10 lbs is 40 lbs off!
Old 08-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #3  

last night must have been the night for racing thoughts. I was thinking about this too. So I just did a list of 100 reasons I want to lose weight, how being fat effects my life, and reasons why being overweight keeps me from being happy.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91568

Some of them are broad, some are specific, but in doing it I realized how many reason there are to lose the weight, how few there are to keep it on, and how much the weight effects the tiniest details of my life, my thoughts and my self esteem.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I have a million reasons, but one of them is so I can run with my husband!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:04 PM   #5  
Kelly M

Andrea, keep plugging away and I KNOW you'll be gracefully moving around on your own, and not dependent on the w/c! What an inspiration!

MistySeptember, I read through your list and was surprised how many of those same items apply to me! Sometimes reading someone else's list makes you open your mind and eyes, because I could sure cut and paste almost all 100 items onto my list! Oh, and I LOVE the bank balance idea...hopefully I'll need a LOT of money for a new wardrobe!

Lisa, you're on your way! I can see you running with your DH, and accomplishing all those other things you didn't mention as well!

Thanks all of you, again, for the continued inspiration!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

I have always been confident and comfortable (most days) with my body image... or maybe it's just been denial And I've always hated when my mom, sister, friends, etc. complained about their bodies (believe it or not, I don't do that). I've always gotten annoyed and tried telling them to love themselves, they don't need to fit into society's views on what it means to be beautiful, so what if they don't fit into last year's clothes as long as they are happy otherwise, etc. And yet here I am -- dieting! Why??

1. I love to shop, and therefore, I want a larger selection of clothing to choose from.
2. I still have clothes from what when I was thinner - and I've love to wear some of those cute outfits again!
3. I love bikinis in the summer time and it's been six years since I've worn one. (maybe next summer...)
4. I want to live to be 100. I don't know why, but I really do. And that isn't going to happen if I'm considered *gulp* obese.
5. I am considered obese according to my BMI. Being described by that word is inspiration enough for me!
Old 08-17-2006, 12:58 PM   #7  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

What a fantastic topic!! Thank you thank you for starting this. Little inside reasons for me to lose the weight......

1-don't want to follow in my mom's unhealthy foot steps
2-want off blood pressure meds again!!!
3-want to have the lights on (yes, you know what I mean)
4-want to shower in my glass shower WHILE DH is in the same bathroom
5-don't want to be the fat mom on the playground
6-if I'm the first to get food at a gathering, I don't want to wander if people are thinking "Figures she'd be first."
7-I LOVE clothes. I love buying in the misses. I am a 14 and way want to be a 12.
8-Did I say I love clothes???
9-don't want my kids to be embarrassed of me
10-want my husband to feel good about who is on his arm when we go to business functions
11-we want a boat and a pool. Need I say more on that?
12-want to go to the water park without the board shorts
13-love to fly on an airplane without hips touching the sides of the seat! This was great in April
14-don't want to be the "big girl" out of all my friends.
15-don't want to be described as just jolly
16-want to keep seeing my muscles
17-I want to see even more of my collar bone
18-may want to cut my hair really short. This seems to look better on really skinny faces.
19-I'm getting "boobs" when I hit goal
20-I want to wear a medium. Although it was great to get to XL and then just L
21-I want to shop more freely at Victoria's secret
22-I don't EVER want to step foot into a Lane Bryant again.
23-I don't want my panties to "cut" into my hips anymore.
24-Well, I guess since I started this list I have realized that there is no end to it. I could literally be here all day. I hope some of the items listed made you smile. I know we can all relate to some of them. Good luck to everyone!!
Old 08-17-2006, 04:38 PM   #8  
Kelly M

Buffalosister, many of your items made me smile, but especially #3!
(I thought about using the carrot there instead of the smilie, but....)
Old 08-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #9  

I am probably going to have to ditto everything Buffalosister1 said and add,

I am in the military and would love to look good in my uniform!

I would like to be the skinny chick working at Lane Bryant, helping the real women that shop there. (that always got me).
Old 08-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

Buffa - I *love* your list!! You mentioned a few that I'd have to agree with for myself as well!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

22-I don't EVER want to step foot into a Lane Bryant again.

Amen, sister!! God, am I sick of that store. Their shirts are always too short to cover my fat stomach anyway, and the quality of their garments does not equal what they charge for them! Plus, you end up looking around and every other fat woman at your workplace is wearing the same exact clothes that you are!

Speaking of Lane Bryant, however, I have to go buy some new clothes for the school year. Yay! Fat teacher clothes! LOL

I haven't shopped in a regular store in years. I tried to explain how awful that is to one of my skinny friends (size 0, to be exact). I said, "You go to a mall and every store is open to you; I go and I can shop at ONE store." She'd honestly never thought about it before, because she didn't have to. You can save so much money when you can shop in regular sizes, too.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:29 PM   #12  

I agree w/ everything ya'll have already posted! I want to be the girl that walk's into a room and everyone wants to know who she is and wants to talk to her instead of her friends and eventually talking to her just because she's there. I want to be the one the boys go after first lol. AND this a huge one that Buffalo said but I don't want to be able to shop in Lane Bryant lol.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:09 PM   #13  

i'd like to see my feet without leaning over !! although my boobs stick out more when i lose weight so that may never happen

i second the lights off post, and i'd like to get more acrobatic lol
Old 08-23-2006, 05:57 PM   #14  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Kati, you can always buy a "swing." Tee hee hee. Just kidding!!! I do know what ya mean. Weight does funny things to us doesn't it? It can change so many things about us and how we live our lives. Keep sheddin' those lbs!!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I want to be first on my list again! I've somehow let everyone else become more important than me. My kids, my DH, my work, my dog, my projects. It's time to take time for me and to get healthier and in better shape. Right now, I don't have a magic number - I just want to start down this long road to lose some weight and to feel healthier again
Closed Thread