Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:16 PM   #1  

Default Don't know what else to do

I am having major problems losing weight. Here is my story in a nutshell...

In 2001 I was at my top weight of 343, I started WW and exercise and got down to 176 by the beginning of 2004. I maintained that weight until I had back surgery in July 2004. My exercise routine was thrown off during recovery and then we moved so I gradually was back up to 208 in January of this year.

So Jan. 2 I started back strightly on WW and really pumped up my exercise routine. I strength train 3 times a week, do tae kwon do 2 times a week and do cardio at the gym the other 2 days. Despite all of this I have lost nothing. I fluctuate between 208 and 204 and my clothes have even started to get tight.

I went to my general doctor in March and he did some tests, including thyroid function..all normal. He sent me to a nutritionist who made some small tweaks but basically said I should be losing weight. He also sent me to an endocrinologist who did more tests...all normal. No one has any other ideas.

HELP ME!!! I am getting very depressed. On top of all of this I'm getting married in 6 weeks and tried to work so hard to lose that weight by the wedding and I'm not going to be even close.

Sorry for the long post...any suggestions are welcome..

Christine
Old 08-14-2006, 08:42 PM   #2  

One of the girls in the Goal thread said she had to actually increase her calories to see the weight loss again........I think it was Gloria.......there aren't that many goal stories so I think you could find it. You also might want to check out "intuitive eating" a new thread about eating according to hunger and fullness. You've done a fabulous job. I'm sure you could get some ideas by just reading here.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #3  
banned

CORE is intuitive eating have you tried core?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:17 AM   #4  

Wow, you and I are in the same situation. I have done a dance around 215 for about 5 years. I try so hard, but it doesn't ever seem like I can get below that number. Maybe something else you could try is the Wendie WW plan. I'm planning on starting that next week. There is a post about it on WW General.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:31 AM   #5  

Have you talked to your doctor about Insulin Resistence or PCOS? Often missed in diagnostics or mistaken for symptoms of thyroid issues.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:35 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris931 View Post
So Jan. 2 I started back strightly on WW and really pumped up my exercise routine. I strength train 3 times a week, do tae kwon do 2 times a week and do cardio at the gym the other 2 days. Despite all of this I have lost nothing. I fluctuate between 208 and 204 and my clothes have even started to get tight.
How many points are you eating. Are you only eating your Daily aka Target points or are you also utilizing your Activity and Flex aka Weekly points? I know it sounds weird but if you aren't eating enough it is possible you won't lose.

My second suggestion is to look at both a Points Pie and the 8 Great Health Guidelines.

Points Pies

Balanced (under 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 8-9 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 6-7 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 0-3 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 2-3 points a day
Milk and Milk Products – 4-6 points a day

20-28 points a day

Higher Protein (under 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 5-6 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 9-11 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 0-1 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 2-4 points a day

20-28 points a day

Higher Carb (under 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 9-10 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 5-7 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 1-3 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 1-2 points a day

20-28 points a day

-----

Balanced (over 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 11 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 10 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 3-4 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 2-3 points a day

30-34 points a day

Higher Protein (over 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 8 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 12 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 2-3 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 4-5 points a day

30-34 points a day

Higher Carb (over 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 13 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 8 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 2-4 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 3 points a day

30-34 points a day

8 Great Health Guidelines:

For onlines here is how to get to them:

You may visit the Web site and read 8 Great Health Guidelines. After you log in, it can be found in the Select a Resource dropdown menu located in the Shortcuts toolbar on the left hand side of the page. Click on Weight Loss Topics of the Week in the My Plan section of the dropdown menu. On the next page you will see the View Topics Archive link in the box on the upper right side of the page. Click the link to be brought to the topics archive. 8 Great Health Guidelines is the first first link on the archive list. ( http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...1&art_id=21901 )

For e-tools and meeting people it is page 34 in your Week 1 booklet.

And one more thing...when you first start or change an exercise routine your body tends to retain water in the muscles to help repair and rebuild them. This can cause either ups&downs, gains or maintains for up to 3-5 weeks.
Closed Thread