WW Clubs and Groups - Fabulous 40's #71

View Full Version : Fabulous 40's #71

Livinghealthy
09-05-2001, 08:46 PM
Hi Everybody :wave:

Janie, good job on your loss & walking. I use to love spending time with my parents. Sometimes they use to drive me nuts but I had great times with them. My Dad passed away in 1994 & my Mom in 1984. I miss them alot.

Myra, thanks for letting me know about the time. It's funny cause I never noticed it before.

Terri, our group is getting back together which I think is so :cool:

Hope Zoe comes back soon. Miss you!

Hi Jen, Dianne & Joyce:wave:

Oh, I almost forgot, I'm down 2 lbs. :D

Have a nice evening!

Love,
Essie

mpinkham
09-06-2001, 06:15 AM
Great loss, Essie. After running around like crazy last night (you know. First day of school stuff) I weighed in too. I lost .6, which is less than I hoped for but I'll take it. LOL! It did bring my total loss over 20 lbs.

I wish everyone a great, OP Thursday!

Zoe
09-06-2001, 09:31 AM
Hello Y'all ~ (hanging my head in shame here) I know I've been AOL. I have no excuse, just busy at work, lazy, busy at home, lazy, running around crazy, lazy.....oh, and did I mention that I've just been LAZY,LAZY, LAZY !!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, then I am going to read back as far as I can......I promise to come back and post tonight (after the gym), I promise. I really do miss you's guys

Love,

mpinkham
09-06-2001, 10:01 AM
Zoe, glad you have come back. BTW were you AOL or AWOL? LOL!

How have you been doing. Tell us all about what is going on.

Jenny523
09-06-2001, 11:50 AM
Essie, good loss! :D I'd say that's a good new beginning! I can sympathize with you about missing your parents. I miss both of mine so much (Mom in '81 and Dad in'86), I actually get jealous at times when I see women my age out with their folks.

Myra, you're still on a loss pattern even if it was a small one. I admire your perserverance! :D

Patti/Zoe....welcome back! No excuses necessary ;) It's just good to know that you missed us LOL

That's what I love about this thread...no matter how many times we stray from the flock, we know we will always be welcomed back, no questions asked! (Gee, can you tell I've been there a few times? :o )

I'm down 1 pound at yesterday's weigh in. It's kind of disheartening when I realize that 10 years ago, I would lose 6 or 7 pounds the first week. It's much more challenging now :rolleyes:

Hi :wave: to Terri, Dianne, Joyce, Janie. Hope I didn't miss anyone!

~Jen

JanieD
09-06-2001, 01:57 PM
Terri, Myra, Jen and Essie,
Thank you all for the congrats. You are the folks that inspire me!

Zoe & Patti,
Hi, I dont' think that we have met. I am an environmental scientist in the SF Bay Area. I have one daughter, Ellen (7 yrs). My husband is a physics and astronomy professor at a local college. I am a Lifetime WW member who doesn;t seem to get the hang of maintenance. I have lost 13 lb since July4 and have 21 more to go to get to goal. I am looking forward to bonding with you as I have with all of the others in this group.

Diane, Joyce, (I hope I haven't forgotten anyone), Have a great Thursday!!

hugs,
JanieD
Livermore, CA

decemberdianne
09-06-2001, 04:51 PM
Patti/Zoe!!!!!!!!!! So glad you got your Lazy butt back here, lol. How have you been, girl???

Congrats to all you losers -- great job, a loss is a loss is a loss!!!!

Gotta run -- just wanted to welcome Patti/Zoe back to the fold!

Hugs to all and have a great day,
Dianne:D

Livinghealthy
09-06-2001, 06:51 PM
zooooooooeeeeeeeee WELCOME BACK, MY BUDDY, MY PAL!!! I knew you were somewhere out there!! The gangs all here :D

Myra, .6 is pretty good. You are losing just about every week right? Are you still taking the 5HTP's? I ran out. Have to pick up another bottle. 20 lbs. is excellent!

Janie, 13 lbs!!! I didn't realize you lost that much. Congrats!

Dianne, get back here :lol:

Jen, back to our parents, I feel that way too. Most of my co-workers still have their parents & they always have stories. All we have is memories :( When I get together with my sisters we reminisce. We wind up laughing alot when we remember things about my Dad. Way to go with your 1 lb. loss. We'll be the slow & steady group :)

Hi Terri & Joyce:wave:

Love,
Essie

mpinkham
09-06-2001, 07:14 PM
Still on 5-HTP. Since I've been taking it I lost every week an average of over a pound a week. The range has been from .6 to 1.8.

Zoe
09-06-2001, 10:56 PM
Wow, I feel so good you guys ~ What a warm welcome back! I feel ashamed that I ever "got lazy" in the first place. :o I will tell you all about my sabbatical (making a long story short of course) but first let me address a few of you ~

Myra ~ Ok, Ok, I was still asleep this morning when I typed that message. I believe that I have been AWOL , not AOL. Ha! From what I just read, you lost .6??? Well girl, do you remember what I used to say?? A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss. The scale is going down and that's a plus!!

JEN ~ You're so right, no matter how many times we stray, we can always come back into welcomed arms. (I've been there 3 times now.....:o ....) Congrats on your 1 lb. loss!!!

DIANNE ~ :lol: :lol: you had me laughing......off my lazy butt, that was good. Now I wonder how you knew I was LAZY....hahaha.

ESSIE ~ Hey girl, thanks for the cheers. I see everyone is here plus some. It's really great to be back.

Thank you all again for you warm welcome back. I wanted to come online so many times but after being busy and then being busy, the time got away from me, the days flew by and by then, I was too ashamed to come back....but I did now and I'm so, so glad.

Anyway, I can't say that I've been OP this entire time and have lost all my weight and now on maintainance. No, I can't say that. I stopped going to WW and did nothing for awhile. Then I did Atkins (yuk) and then, well, then nothing at all. 5 weeks ago, I started counting points again and did pretty good but decided to go back to meetings so, 3 weeks ago, I went back. I have lost 16 pounds in the last 5 weeks and I feel good. I lost 9.8 since going back to WW (3 weeks) and the other 6.2 the 2 weeks prior. So ladies, I'm here and again, I'm glad I am.

Hi to everyone else........:wave:

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
209/174.5/148

Joyce
09-07-2001, 12:19 AM
Hi everyone! :wave:

Pattie - WELCOME BACK! Sounds like you are back on the weight loss train. Congratulations!

Myra & Jen congrats on the losses.

Janie sounds like your doing great.

Essie - I'm so glad your back and great job on the 2 lbs!!

I stayed the same at my WI this week. The doctor called tonight with the results of my thyroid & cholesterol tests. My dosage is too high on my thyroid. We have to adjust it again. My cholesterol was the bad news. I have gone up since December from 276 to 294 and my triglycerides are 239. Not good :nono: He told me to watch the cholesterol & fat in animal products of course. But he also told me to strongly limit sugars & white stuff (potatoes, white flour etc). My favorite foods :( But these are what raise your triglycerides. Hmmmm.... I guess you learn something new everyday. So I am going to try to focus on lean meats, veggies & fruits. I'm going to have to get TOUGH with myself.

Went to the dentist today. They got a new hygenist (sp?) who was so rough with my gums that they have hurt all day. :mad: I think I'm going to request a different person next time if possible.

I'm getting ready to turn in for the night. Stayed up too late yesterday and had to get up early this morning. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

Love,
Joyce

WELCOME BACK PATTI!!!!!
We have missed you! :D
Great losses girl! Feeling good I'll bet!!!
AWOL!!!?? AOL!!?? :lol:

We are all back! :cool:

Great loss Essie, Jen and Myra! You all Rock!

Joyce,
So sorry about your gums. Poor thing!! Get the cholesterol and trigylcerides down. We want you to stay with us a loooooong time. :D

I didn't know this thread had started. :o Y'all had this great conversation going and I missed it. :(
This was a fast thread. 10 gone already.

THE GANG'S ALL HERE!!!!

Hi Dianne and JanieD!!! :wave:

Talk to y'all tomorrow,
Terri

Livinghealthy
09-07-2001, 08:44 AM
TGIF :D

Yes terri, we are on a roll! I guess the summer set us back. The weather is so beautiful & now that school started it's very quiet in my neighborhood. I'm loving it!

Joyce, I've had high cholesterol all my life. The highest was 320:eek: so my Dr. put me on meds. & it went down to 237. That was 1 month ago. I've always watched my diet & we eat very low fat, Pete & I but my Dr. said my body produces it. She never mentioned about satying away from white flour, potatoes, etc. :?:
I'll have to give her a call. Did you know that exercise raises the good cholesterol? My gums are very sensitive so whenever I have a cleaning done mine get very sore.

Zoe, if I would have had your email I would have written you to find out if you were okay. I really was concerned Girlfriend. I was away for a while but I read the posts everyday. It's great to be back. We are here to support one another no matter how many times we fall. The best part of it is we get right back up & try again. Congrats on your loss!

Be back later:wave:

Love,
Essie

JanieD
09-07-2001, 01:34 PM
Zoe,
For someone who said she was being lazy loosing 16# in 5 weeks is amazing. That's more than 3# per week. Stop putting yourself down girl, you have something to be proud of!!! Way to go!!!

Hi Everybody :wave:,
Today I have a retirement Bar-B-Q luncheon to go to. I was actually thinking of bringing my own food so I would be able to stay OP, but I was running late this morning and didn't have time to get it together. I will try to stick with the salads and stay away from the greasy stuff. Wish me luck.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Hugs,
Janie

Hope it goes well with you JanieD. Good luck!

Hope everyone has a wonderful WEEKEND!
Terri :D

Zoe
09-07-2001, 09:29 PM
Hello Y'all ~ TGIF!! Woo Hoo!! I am so ready for this weekend. And I only work 3 days next week. I'm off Thursday, Friday, the weekend and Monday. My mom and step father are coming to visit so that's why I took some vacation days.

We had pizza tonight, homemade. Only came to 4 pts per slice (1/8). I had 3 which came to 12 pts. Add that to the 11 pts from today and I'm at 23. Yippee!! Now, if I can stay there and not eat anything else, I'll be okay. I'm really full and not hundry at all.

Joyce ~ Staying the same is a good thing, not a bad one. I've done that many times and each time, I would breath a sigh of relief since I always thought I would go up. I hope your gums are feeling better. I hate the dentist but found a great one here in Ft Worth, if you ever want to travel that far. :lol:

Essie ~ Thanks for your words. I know that I never gave my email address out much so it's not easy to find me. :) I'm just glad to be back here. I missed all of you's.

Janie ~ Thanks for cheering me up about my being lazy. I guess I did pretty good, huh? :D We are going to Vegas the first week in October and I was hoping to be 165 by then. I'm at 174.5 so even though I may not be 165, I will be close, at least in the 160's. How did you do at the BBQ??

Terri ~ Hey girl!! How's it going with you? How's that puppy doing these days??

Well, have a wonderful weekend everyone. I'll be back tomorrow. Wow, I am really glad to be here again!!!

Jenny523
09-07-2001, 09:48 PM
OK....know what this is? a {{{{{{{ GGRROOUUPP HHUUGG}}}}}

LOL...we're all back! Now let's get down to business!

Zoe, sounds like you're back with a vengeance, good loss, girl!

Joyce, I can sympathize about the sore gums, happens to me every time I get my teeth cleaned. Have you been on thyroid meds. for a long time? My sister 's on it, even had the iodine treatment a while back; her meds have to be adjusted every once in a while.

Janie, how did the bbq luncheon go? Making good choices in the face of temptation can make one stronger, remember! When I make the "right" choice, I find I pat myself on the back for quite a while! LOL have to be our own cheerleaders!

Joe took the day off today and we enjoyed a rare, late summer day....warm and humid around 85. We spent the whole afternoon in the pool.... :devil: .....had a wonderful time! If this is the end of summer, what a way to go!!!

Terri, Essie, Myra, Dianne, HI :wave:

have a good weekend :)
~Jen

Joyce
09-07-2001, 10:23 PM
Hi yall!

Myra - I bought some 5-HTP today. When do you take yours? There were two different brands with the same ingredients but one said to take 1-2 a day with meals the other said at bedtime. :?: I did not realize this is a form of Tryptophan. I used to take L-tryptophan 18 yrs ago after my first husband died instead of the valium the doctor prescribed. It really helped to relax & calm me. Then they took it off the market. I guess they reformulated it or this is a different form of tryptophan? At any rate thanks for sharing this with us.

Jen my teeth & gums are feeling much better today, thanks. I've been on thyroid meds 3 yrs. I've got hypothyroidism and like your sister I have to have my blood tested every 6 months to make sure I'm still in the normal range. It's nice to hear that you'll are getting to enjoy that pool. :D

Zoe - Yep! Ft Worth would be just a little too far to just visit the dentist. :lol: Not bad for VACATION though. ;) I'm really glad your back with us.

Janie - Sure hope the party goes okay for you.

Essie - My doctor told me the same thing about exercise too. Now if I would just get my fat *** off the couch and do it! :lol: He also told me that my body may just be producing it and then I'd have to go on meds. I'm going to try to incorporate some of Sugar Busters guidelines along with WW and see what happens.

Thanks Terri, I want to be here a lonngggggg time too! It really scares me because most all of my grandmothers family died of stroke or heart attack. I already have high blood pressure & am on meds for it. :( I think this has finally SCARED me into getting serious.

Well Charles & I are working in the fish room tonight so I've got to go. Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi, Diane & anyone else I've missed. :wave:

Love
Joyce

L

It seems to take our health to get us really serious. Joyce, There is heart trouble all over our family and it has me nervous. I am glad you are taking care of yourself.

Patti,
Hope you have a great time next week. Love those days off. That pizza sounds good. MMMmm!
Tanner (puppy) is still a handfull. He has learned to open the drawers in my coffee table to take things out. That was my last hiding place. :lol:

Jen,
Hope you enjoyed your pool you lucky dog.

Hope y'all have a great weekend. We have 3 games at three different fields in two different towns and one starts at 12:00 and one starts at 1:00 and one starts at 2:00. Pray for me! :dizzy:

:wave:
Terri

Livinghealthy
09-08-2001, 08:29 AM
Terri, :lol: have fun. How do you plan around a day that you're out most of the time? I need all your tips. :) I meant to ask you about Tanner. He must be really big. Give him a great big hug for me & Brittany too.

Jen, with all the shark incidents that have been happening I think the pool is the best place to be. Enjoy it cause the days are just flying by. Soon we'll be talking about how cold it is.

Joyce, why did they take tryptophan off the market? I never heard of it. I bought 5HTP's in Walmart & it was so cheap. I paid $9 but I can't remember for how many. I had the Sugar Busters book & I gave it to my sister. She's a diabetic & she's been losing alot of weight since she decided to try it. I bought the book but never read it :rolleyes:

Zoe, when you were doing Atkins what were you eating? Only meat? I remember back in the day when I tried it I felt so bloated I grew to hate it. Then again, I know some people that go on it all the time & love it. I am truly a WW fan.

Janie, hope you have a great time at the barbecue. I went to one last week & I did pretty good. I wasn't perfect but I did alright & I'm sure you will too.

Have a great day Everybody :wave:

mpinkham
09-08-2001, 09:19 AM
Joyce,
I take the 5-HTP three times a day. It is not tryptophan, but a precusor to it that is supposed to be safer. For me it is the greatest thing ever. It really helps me deal more productively with all the stress I've been under. I hope it works for you as well.

Thanks Essie! You are so sweet! What I do is eat before we go and take lots of water and take a few snacks and I do not buy anything at the concessions unless I plan in advance. I have to be very disciplined and then I look forward to an after game lunch. Sat. are my banked days. I can eat whatever is in my bank but I usually don't eat them all.

Tanner is 35# It is unbelievable. :lol: How are your sweeties?
Brittany is doing fine. She is obsessed with all the 70's shows. Starsky and Hutch, Emergency, etc... as well as a few 80's shows like A-Team, Dukes of Hazzard, Battlestar Gallactica etc.... She is so funny. She says "I loooove your cute guy 70's shows." :lol:

Have a great weekend. I am going to the games soon. Hope I'll be back!
They are coming to take me away ha ha he he ho ho. :dizzy:
Terri

Zoe
09-08-2001, 12:07 PM
Good Morning Ladies :wave:

Saturday morning and I am all alone here. Hubby is playing golf and I just finished designing and printing a bunch of invitations for a baby shower I am giving for a co-worker. Now that I'm finished with that, I have a million and one things to do. My mother is coming for a visit on Thursday and I need to do some yard work, shopping and just a ittle of everything before they get here. They get here Thursday in the late afternoon and I have a GYN appt. that morning...... :eek:

I hope everyone is well today and having a great OP day.

Patti,
You sound sooo busy. You will have fun with your mom. Is she fron Fl.?

Well I survived our day of sports, barely.
I took Brittany to her game and got to watch about 1/2 hours and I get Bradley off the playground to take him and the team snacks and drinks to his field. Well I was driving up the road to leave the park and I blew a tire. I freaked. Bradley had to be at his field by 12:45. I call AAA (after I call Bruce crying- He was on his way to another town with Brandon and a friend for their football game) and AAA said it would be 45 minutes. Bruce turned around after dropping them off and came back and we traded Vans and he ended up changing the tire. I took Bradley to his game (was about 20 min. late). Bruce called and had to turn around again cause he left the cooler in the other van.
What a day! :dizzy:

TTYL,
Terri

Livinghealthy
09-09-2001, 08:47 AM
Hi :wave:

My goodness Terri, what a day you had! Thank God you're alright.
Brittany is too cute. I never heard of a teenager liking the guys from the 70's. They were hunks back then. Thanks for the tip. I think I'm going to make Sat. my high meal day. It was Sunday but lately we've been ordering take out on Saturdays. My Susie & Fluffy are fine. I thought Fluffy(cat) was getting sick. She was throwing up alot, all hairballs but she seems fine now. She's 16 yrs. old & still loves to play. They are very cute.

Zoe, do you ever take a break?:lol: You need some down time. Enjoy your days off. I would start planning my menus way ahead of time. You know how Moms are when it comes to food.

Myra, I'm going shopping today. Finally I can pick up the HTP's. When I was taking them they helped me too. I really needed a couple of them last Thursday which was a day from **** at my job! One lady called when I was on the switchboard & told me to have a nice F----- day!:mad: I should have said"you too madam." I can not believe how nasty people could be.

Well buddies, enjoy your day!

Hugs,
Essie

mpinkham
09-09-2001, 08:54 AM
Essie, Sometimes I can't believe people!

I'm off to kickboxing and then food shopping in a bit. I hope everyone has a great day. It is beautiful here.

Zoe
09-09-2001, 12:07 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

A beautiful "wet" Sunday morning here. We've had so much rain in the last 2 weeks but my lawn was so long and couldn't get mowed. Finally, it got done on Thursday but now, it's such a light green color due to not enough sun. It's always something, huh?

Terri ~ Me busy?? Girl, you had a day with the kids and their sports. :lol: Glad that you made it and survived, even if it was "barely". :D Oh, and yes, my mom is coming from Florida but she's only lived there for the last 2 yrs. Originally in NJ where I grew up.

Essie ~ A break? Me? Ha, never!! :lol: At least I am taking tome for myself each day and that means being here with y'all. As for planning meals, yes, I know how mom's can be and especially their husbands....(step father) so my decision was to make a thanksgiving type turkey dinner on Sunday and the other days, we go out!! Ha! I am praying that I can be OP while they're here......going out will be easier for me than planning meals for them and me staying OP.

Hi Myra, Jen, Dianne, Joyce and Janie.......hope you're all having a great weekend!

Livinghealthy
09-09-2001, 09:16 PM
Hello my Buds :D

Today was a beautiful day. Never went shopping. First thing this morning I decided to join WW after looking at my round face in the mirror. What a great leader. She was loud & very perky. This one lady said she doesn't need a cup of coffee Sunday mornings cause she knows she's going to her meeting. She lost 60 lbs. She looked buffed too. I love seeing a toned woman. It makes me want to exercise even harder. Then we went by the water. It was so peaceful listening to the waves until PETE STARTED SNORING! He really made me laugh when he knew I heard him so quickly before I could say anything he said he was choking:lol: Yeah right!

Myra, how was that kickboxing class? Hope you enjoyed your day.

Zoe, how long will your parents be here? At least you won't have to cook. It is a pain trying to cook for others & yourself.

Well, let me say good night.

Till tomorrow:wave:

Essie

mpinkham
09-09-2001, 09:47 PM
I wish I had a leader who understands exercise. Exercise is a big part of my life since I began WW, but most people don't seem to have the same feeling.

Kickboxing was good, but truthfully I like the class with another instructor better. She is a bodybuilder and really serious about kickboxing. It is a tougher class with a lot of toning and weight training added, but it is worth every second. I can really see the results. Today's was good, but not as challenging.

Time to get off this 'puter. Been on it all day. I hope everyone has a good night.

decemberdianne
09-10-2001, 10:21 AM
Yikes, terri~ your kind of day would sure make me :dizzy: :lol: Glad Bruce was able to come and rescue you and Bradley!

Essie ~ congrats on going back to ww. Sounds like you got a good leader there. Good luck. So funny about Pete and his snoring. Willie and I went to the Fania All Stars concert at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night. Rueben Blades (one of my favorites), Willie Colon, Cheo Feliciano, Ray Barretto, and many others, plus some great dancers. It was fun but wayyyyyyyyy too long - it started at 8:00 p.m. and we left at 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning:o I told willie if I had known it would be that long, I would not have gone - and he had to work sunday. But it was cool, my willie loves his latin concerts and every once in awhile I have to say yes and go with him.

Hey Zoe/Patti -- Congrats on your 16 lbs loss - that is amazing. You must be doing something right, girl:smug:

Hi Jen, Myra, Joyce & Janie - hope you are all well.

Happy Monday and the "fresh" start of a new week to all.

Hugs,
Dianne;)

decemberdianne
09-10-2001, 10:23 AM
Whoops, almost forgot - I lost 1.6 lbs. this week. I'll take it!;)

Dianne

Essie,
I am so glad to hear Susie and Fluffy are ok? They sound adorable. Suzie is a chihuahua isn't she?
That is sooo funny about Pete snoring. :lol:

Dianne'
Great loss girl!!!! :cool:
I'll bet you were tired. Sounds like a great concert though.

Myra,
The evidence is there in your books and body. Your leader should have you come up in front of the meetings and say "Here is how to do it". Every leader should have an open mind. You are doing great!

Patti,
Good luck staying op while your mom is here. I know you can do it. Even if you don't do as well as you want remember it will come off easily if you get right back on. I gained 4.5 on vacation and lost it the first week back. It was kind of like the first week in ww. Mostly water. Good luck.

TTYL,
Terri :wave: