Old 08-13-2006, 08:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/325/175

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Newbie Here! Need Lots Of Support!

Hello Everyone:

My name is Karen, I am a 43 year old mother of 2 grown daughters, happily married for 25 years! Not so happy about my weight though! I need lots of support, I have never weighed this much in my life and of course vowed many years ago that I never would ! Well, never say never! I am new to this and will probably mess up a lot with this posting and new threads and whatever more than anything for awhile but please bear with me because I can use all the help I can get, I pray that with God's help I can do this and I need support and I want to help people also. I have many health problems that came on before my weight, but they keep me from being able to have weight loss surgery or take diet medications, so I am going to have to do it the old-fashioned way which I know in the long run is the best. Thanks ahead of time for all the support and help I know I will find here, once I figure everything out!

Karen
zandersnannyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:06 AM   #2  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Hello Karen and welcome. I also am doing it the old fashion way It is hard work but you can do it! This is a wonderful community I you will get plenty of support here. What plan are you going to follow?
rkrs6673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default Welcome!

Welcome, Karen, you've come to the right place. You'll find lots of support here as well as inspiration, advice, or just a good old-fashioned hug! I know I'm seeing changes in myself I never thought I'd see and the folks here have played a big part in my journey.

I agree with you, the old-fashioned way is best. It may take a little longer, but along the way you gain the knowledge/tools/discipline to KEEP IT OFF!

Exercise Goal for August: 280/500 minutes
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:26 AM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Karen! I know those vows - I took many of them myself. I am another believer in the old fashioned way. But with the old fashioned comes the new, which for me has been connecting with so many people online. Getting support has made all the difference.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #5  

Thanks to the 3 of you for the kind words I know I will love it here once I get the hang of everything! I am trying to do WW points, but am not currently attending meetings, and I am going to start my local Y "again" tomorrow! Well, I am off to church right now, when I say I need all the support I can get, I mean it, "God, please help me!" Thanks again to all, will write again later today!

Karen
Old 08-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, Karen! You've taken a huge step, and you'll be taking it again every single day through this journey! I'm pretty new here too, and I've found that this board REALLY helps to keep me on track. All the people here are so inspiring and supportive. Just looking at their stats and reading their posts helps me so much. When you see that someone has lost nearly 100 pounds, it really helps you feel like you can do it too!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:37 PM   #7  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome Karen!! It's great to have you here. Feel free to jump in anywhere you'd like.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Welcome Karen! I'm new here also and this place is great. You can read great stories and get insight as to how to lose weight. Everyone shares their victories and sorrows and we all grow together. I love reading how it took a long time, and they stumbled along the way but never quit and then suceeded. I know I will never be able to do this unless I know that even if I stumble, I can still reach my goal. We are here for you. Just take it one day at a time. Each day is a new day and forget about what happened yesterday. We hope to hear from you and all about your journey.
Norma
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:19 PM   #9  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Karen!!!

What can I say that hasn't already been said?
I just started posting/coming here recently and I hope I keep it up because these boards are just absolutely incredible!!! There's just nothing like being surrounded by people who can offer support, encouragement, advice, information/resources, all while being able to UNDERSTAND (in most cases) what you're going through! When I started out, I felt heavy with doubt... like how would I ever lose 120 pounds (and not put any more on)???? But then I came here and started reading, and it helped so much! It's such an inspiration to read stories or see tracker's of people's weights, their progress, and know that what you're trying to achieve is not impossible but actually possible!!! And for myself, I also felt relieved in a sense to think that as hard as it may be, if I work out and eat healthy, I WILL lose the weight... that while it will take a lot of effort, it really is somehow that simple in the end. No magic, no impossible feats... just consistent hard work, and if I keep it up, I will see great results!

I was at the gym today, busting my butt, thinking how glad I am to be part of and have access to such a wonderful community - the support truly makes all the difference in the world for me!

So again! Hope to see you around
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:50 PM   #10  
Mommy to a 2 Year Old

S/C/G: 269/249/160

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Karen!
desha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Welcome Karen- You'll get plenty of help from us guys and gals here from the 100lb club. I've been away for over a year, but am back now and I'll be happy to send some good vibes your "weigh" throughout your journey.. Remember to stay positive!

Good luck!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #12  

Hello and thanks to all of you for the great coments of support! I am still trying to find a way to pretty up my posts with all the neat icons and things that you guys have, I think I am computer illeterate sometimes! I stayed the same this week when I weighed in, it was very discouraging, after losing 6 pounds last week. This is starting my 5th week and strangely I think it has been the hardest yet, I don't know what is the matter with me, I just want something really good to eat today! Oh well, I am trying to be good! I am sending my best wishes to everyone out here on this same journey! Hang in there and keep up the good work, it is definitely inspirational!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 02:30 PM   #13  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! I think you'll get a lot out of being here and I'm sure we'll learn from you, too. Good luck to you!
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I just celebrated my 25th anniversary in June. You'll find lots of great support here at the 100 Lb. Club.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:45 PM   #15  
One pound at a time...

Karen to the forum! Great support here! Post often so we can get to know you.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote