Mini-Goals - An NSV (FINALLY!!)

View Full Version : An NSV (FINALLY!!)

brooke26
08-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, I worked EXTRA hard this week at the gym. I went to 3 classes (one sixty minutes and the other 2 90 minutes) I swam laps one day, did Pilates and went for a power walk and did a BUNCH of lunges another day. It was a total of 283 minutes of exercise. I felt pretty good about that since my goal is 200 minutes a week. I was SOOO discouraged when I stepped on the scale yesterday and it hadn't budged, in fact it was UP .3. I couldn't believe it. I wanted to scream at the scale!!

But....I put on a pair of jeans I only SQUEEZE into when there is nothing else to wear. I usually always leave the top button unbuttoned. Today they slipped on with a little more ease and the top button is buttoned!! And, it's not even cutting off my circulation!! It feels really good to see some kind of success, even if it's not in the numbers.

nicole79
08-12-2006, 05:47 PM
thats AWESOME!!!!! keep it up and the evil :devil: scale will go down!

BOUNCY
08-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Hi Brooke, Congrats on all the exercise! you go girl. You are gaining
muscles girl!! you are loosing inches!! It will show up maybe next week.
This has happend to me several times. Just keep up what you are doing !!
You will start seeing the scale move . take care and have good sunday.
Hugs LInda

sli
08-14-2006, 04:01 PM
You go girl!! Show off those jeans!
Congratulations!!!

fiddler
08-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Congratulations!

I'm in the same boat as you...seeing lots of inches lost, but not much movement on the scale. I look at it this way: What people notice is how the jeans fit, not what the scale says your weight is (unless you walk around with your weight tattooed on your forehead, LOL).

booskibabe
08-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Congrats on the jeans fitting! I have found that if I average my weight for the week it often shows a loss when if I went by a once a week weigh in it wouldn't. Like this week - if I went by a once a week weigh in I would be down .2 lbs, but averaging my weight showed a loss of a whole pound.

lilybelle
08-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Congratulations on those jeans fitting, I am sure it feels great. WTG.

Hey Jude
08-15-2006, 08:50 PM
:bravo: Those are the things that mean so much!

bep
08-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Great job!