Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chit Chat #207

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chit Chat #207

Jane
08-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site,

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement :high: on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New member are always welcome. :yes:

Ruthxxx
08-12-2006, 08:44 AM
:wave: We'll be doing our chitting and chatting IRL on Thursday! :hug:

Jane
08-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Good morning, ladies,:wave:

Ruth - I can hardly wait for your visit! It's been almost a year since we met up in Philly - doesn't really seem that long.

Michelle - welcome back, hon. :)

Sue - keeping busy really does help a lot. Boredom eating can be the worst! Hey, it's only 66 degrees in my part of the state today. How about up where you are?

Norma - my oldest sister's name was Norma. Welcome to the Jaded Ladies. :welcome2: Please jump in whenever you're ready, and fill out a bio, too.

Sassy - thank you for bringing Norma on board. Your color schemes sound very nice. It's fun to redo a house/apartment, isn't it? You got a good buy on those sheets! Speaking of which...

My washer has stopped, so after I post in the challenge thread, I'm headed out to hang up sheets for Ruth's bed. Then I'm going to sit outside with a cup of coffee for just a few minutes. After that, I need to get the house dusted, and make tomorrow's dessert. It's a new, light strawberry thing that sounds good.

What's on your agenda for the day?

Marti
08-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi gals!!

Busy weekend for me so this is just a quick hello! I have Jhanai this weekend so we want to stay as busy as possible.

I will pop in when I get a chance.

Hugs to you all!:hug:

FrouFrou
08-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Hello Ladies...

Not feeling so great today...stinking allergies. Life goes on...

HI and :welcome: NORMA!I have an Aunt Norma who lives in Hot Springs, AR. Thanks for the tips! I am trying to stay postive...and then I see the news, ugh! How long was your son in Iraq? I talked with my neighbor a few doors down when he was home on leave (he's National Guard) he said it wasn't as bad as they portray but then it seems like it has gotten worse since then. But yeah, I do do lots of e-mailing.

SUE...I too hate to walk alone but do anyway. I would never walk otherwise. Most of the time though I go to the park where there are lots of people walking so I don't feel so alone, lol. I too want to bike...I have mine but I don't like it so I think I am going to wait for a new one. The handle bars on this I just don't like...I have to bend down too far and I feel wobbly riding it. The las thing I need is to fall off my bike.

SASSY...all your colors sound nice. I especially am a fan of the green and have it in my bedroom, bathroom, living room, dining area and part of the kitchen. It is such a nice soothing, calming color. I don't think I have seen anything with strawberries on it around here so I do hope you can find something.

JANE...I hear ya about being a size smaller. Funny...when I was little I swallowed a nickel, thought I was going to die, lol! We were going somewhere and I went in the bathroom to wash my hands and put the nickel in my mouth, lol. My parents said let's take you to the emergency room (they were joking and messing with me) I didn't want to go but I swear I thought I was going to die. Oh the memories. All this talk of sheets ladies has made me want to go get some. I actually do need some new ones...just put it off. Need some to match the green in the bedroom/comforter.

MICHELLE...thanks! it is stressful to say the least. I try to keep busy though so I'm not thinking or worrying about Josh it works sometimes. I don't think it matters what I do the thoughts will still be there. But it helps to focus on something else for at least a little while.

MARTI...hope you and Jhanai have a fun-filled weekend!

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Nothing on the agenda for me today. V is going to work on the perogla finishing it up and I will sit on the swing and watch and keep him company. No staining for this part of it thank goodness. I probably shouldn't go outside with the wind blowing...that is why my allergies are bothering me today. I was out there yesterday in it. Anyway, did manage a mile walk. May do more later but for now that is it. Going to try and catch up on my cards too! Been slacking in that department big time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

suetalks
08-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Afternoon chickies.. Not alot going on here today. DH and I went over to the new house and I fell in love with it all over again. SO nice to go over with NO workmen there and just wander through. I am trying to decide on furniture placement in the great room and am frustrated. LOL All the other rooms are totally planned out. Came home via the grocery and picked up a few things. We washed the outside windows here for the third time in a few weeks. ugh. Had the house sprayed for bees and each time they follow up they spray some windows. Grrr. Now I am just chillin'.

Norma- Hello and welcome to our group. Hope you soon feel at home here. Great bunch of ladies.

Cristina- Okay, you just reminded me...when I get off here I am going to the shed to get my bike and see if "it lives." (might have flat tires)

Jane- Lucky you meeting up with Ruth again. Hope you enjoy..and know you both will. I'm not sure of the temps. here today, but it is sunny and warmer this afternoon. Was cool and breezy before the sun got going this morning.

Marti- Enjoy the week-end!

Sassy- I also thought your ideas for your home sounded real nice. I am thinking of wine or burgundy for our new master br. One br is going to have dark green/cream bedding. Walls are taupe. I have a very pretty large picture of roses that I am considering for the master and it is in shades from pink to deep wine. Gotta decide soon. :)

Hi to everyone else. I will BBL.

Sassy_Chick
08-13-2006, 06:42 AM
Morning Ladies! :coffee:

I am very :tired: and we even left early from work tonight. It was dead there, infact I didn't get one single call while I was there! So we went to Wally World to get the grocery shopping done and get a few things we needed.

We got our sheets yesterday before work and bought a comforter, it's a Sand color. The comforter was only $20 so we couldn't pass it up. We are still looking around though for another comforter, but at least we have one. We also stopped at Costco before work and got new pillows. I found some nice curtains in this catalog I got in the mail that are insulated curtains! How great for us since we both work nights! Not only does it keep the light out, it keeps the heat out in the summer and the heat inside in the winter time! :D
I think they had them a set of two for $16 or something.

Oh and I had lots of fun TRYING to get my prescription today.......:rolleyes:

I will spare you the details, but lets just say that my dr has to battle with my insurance, AGAIN! lol.

Have a Great Sunday!

:hug:

harkeyvalley
08-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Hello Ruth, Michelle, Sue, Sassy, Jane, Marti, and Cristina
Did I get everybody? I hope so. I hope you are all having a great Sunday and are revving up for Monday. I'm excited. I can do this! You guys are great. I love your rapport with each other.
Cristina:My son went to Iraq in Dessert Storm and back in Dessert Shield. He's a career soldier. I was in the Army and his father retired from the Army.
Jane: Please ship me some of your 66 degree temps. It's over 100 here.
Sassy: I love your Churchill quote.
Sue: Congrats on the new house.
Ruth: What does IRL mean?
It's a lazy hot day here so just preparing for Monday.
Norma

Ruthxxx
08-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi Norma! IRL means "in real life". :lol: I am going to be actually visiting with Jane face to face and am really looking forward to it!

harkeyvalley
08-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Ruth: Sorry to be an online dummy. But, I'M LEARNING! Have a great time with your getogether!

Jane
08-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Hiya chickas!:wave:

Marti - so what did you and Jhanai do for fun? Since she's almost a teen, I betcha it had something to do with shopping, lol. Or makeup and hair, lol.

Cristi - yikes, I know what you mean about the allergies. Mine are driving me crazy! So did V get the perogla done? That will be so nice when's it's finished. I think it's so cool how computers let families keep in touch with their servicemen now.

Sue - did you say before that your estimated move in date was sometime in Oct? That will be here before you know it. I love clean windows, and like the flip-in ones. Makes life lots easier, lol. But I wouldn't want to have to do them as often as you've had to. :dizzy:

Sassy - glad you got a new comforter and pillows. One of my sisters who slept during the day had curtains like you mentioned. They really help keep the sun out. Hope your doctor can get things straightened out for you to get your prescription.

Norma - hey, now you're part of the rapport, too. :) Unfortunately, it's heating up here in Indiana again. By the time Ruth gets here, it's supposed to be nearly 90 again.

Ruth - 4 more sleeps! :carrot:

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

Well, ladies, I need a nap. We went to bed late, and had to be at church early today. Neal played the guitar and had to practice with the others before the service began. Terry and his family came by for awhile, but Mary stayed home with hers. Two of her girls have some type of flu - poor little things! Neal and I are going to keep an eye on them for a little while later to give Mary a break.

Not much else is new around here. Although I'll take "boring" over "crisis" anyday, a little fun thrown in the mix would be ok. :D

Take care, ladies. :hug:

suetalks
08-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Good evening. A nice sunny, though hot day here. I sure didn't spend much time outdoors, but hoping to walk later.
Jane- No, actually the house is due to be finished the end of Aug. if it is on time. We think it will be about a week late. (and I think that is good considering they had a vacation :) ) I personally can't wait until we have the tilt in windows. Ours here are not and we have been up and down ladders all summer. Ugh...

Sassy- I bet you are anxious to get the curtains. They sound really nice for the schedule you have ie: sleeping days. Sorry the meds. were bothersome.

Norma- See, all you have to do is ask and some kind soul will teach you this computer lingo. I am still learning myself and am far from computer literate. My son got me going online and then he left me in the lurch...went to CA to live and I had to hire a "geek." :)

Cristina- My bike is useable, just has some rust. The seat is wayyyy to tiny, so I hope to find a larger one.

I found some curtains I really liked today. They were semi sheer..soft and floaty, but you can't really see through. All I have to do is get a bedspread and then go get the curtains. I also found some really nice blue ones for Mom if she is interested. These are for bedrooms. The great room is a great mystery however. I'm sure I will find something. Went to the house and am sooo happy with the floors. Lovely. If they ever get all the odds and ends moved out and swept I will take photos. We got the mailbox numbers on and it is now ready. DH cut some weeds and I just continued to try to figure out where I want the furniture.

Food has been going good today...now if I can just walk.
Starting a different eating plan tomorrow...counting calories. "fingers crossed."

suetalks
08-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Wolfena..if you are reading this you are at the right place.

Jaded Ladies- I have invited Wolfena here, so be your welcoming, wonderful selves to her if/when she posts.

Sassy_Chick
08-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Morning Ladies.

TGIM!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad it's finally Monday -- my Friday! :D Although I do have to go back into work on Tuesday morning for training, at least I get paid for it and its only 3 hrs.

Thanks everybody and yes I am anxious to get those curtains, but I cannot wait to get our new bed! :D

Sue -- I hope you find the bedspread to match your curtains!

Jane -- I hope you had a good nap!

Norma -- Thanks. I thought the quote was really fitting for me. ;)

:welcome: Wolfena! Just jump right in! Everybody is great here! :)

Jane
08-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Good morning Oh Jaded Ones, lol! :D

Sue - wow, I missed that your house would be ready so soon! Have you been packing? Kind of hard to do, I suppose, with showings all the time. You probably already know this, but boxes from the liquor store are great for packing things like vases, knick-knacks, glasses, etc. I used lots of them when we moved from town to the country. Your curtains sound nice - what color are they? You're having a room for your mom, too, right?

Wolfena - please pull up a chair and make yourself at home. A big WELCOME to you!

Sassy - no nap for me - we got company. But then I slept very well last night, so it's all good. Enjoy your day off. Any special plans?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I feel great today. :carrot: The temp is 76, and there's a nice breeze out here in the country. There's a chance of rain, but that's ok. I've got to get some things done today - make a grocery list for tomorrow, do some cleaning, wash some towels for both bathrooms.

What's your plan for the day?

Toodles, :hug:

suetalks
08-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Morning Jane and Sassy. Hope everyone had a wonderful week-end.

Jane- We have put off packing, which is killing me. I am one who likes to dig in and get it done. If it were up to me the whole house would be packed and ready to go. Mom is getting her things packed and I think she is antsy to move. Yes, she is going to live with us and I am so excited.

Sassy- Have a good day and I think your comforter sounds like it will do nicely.

It was breezy and overcast here earlier so I got out for a quick 1.8 mile walk. Hopefully I can do it again tonight. But, it is now pouring down rain. I am doing laundry and bedclothes this morning.
I started calorie counting and must say I am getting rather used to oatmeal for breakfast. I am going to have 1/2 english muffin for a morning snack. Lunch is going to be fruit salad also low fat cheese and tomato slices on lettuce drizzled with oil/vinegar. Fixing a beef roast with lots of veggies for dinner.

Weighed in and am proud to say I lost the elusive 3 pounds (I had been gaining and losing) and lost 1 more. I think my only real slip last week was the shake from McD's. "fingers crossed' that this week goes as well.

Hi Wolfena...

Cafe Ole
08-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi All! I actually have some time to stop on in. This place is nutso - so yep I am already looking forward to next years vacation LOL

Jane... Your washer died or the cycle just stopped?

Sassy... you got a comforter for 20??? DEAL!!!

Sue WHOOHOO on the 3 lbs -- WAY TO GO! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Marti ok what is Jhanai?

Have a great day to all & Hi's out to Michelle, Katie, Cristina (did you get my pm?), & Alex (and anyone else I missed) ---

Time to go for my weigh in (UGH)

:dizzy:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sassy_Chick
08-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Hello Ladies!

Jane - Nope no special plans. We might meet up with a friend of ours but that is probably it. Hub had his training today so he had to be @ work @ 2 pm. He should be done soon though.

Sue - TY and Congrats on the 3 pounds! :cp: Your menu sounds yummy too! :) Good going on the walk. I need to get my WATP out and do that.

Robin - Hi ya! Glad you got a chance to stop in! TY yes we got a "deal", I couldn't pass it up for that price.

Hope you all have a Wonderful Day! I will be "joining" you all tonight by going to bed early and getting up early in the morning for my training. Nightshift Girl has to transform into "Dayshift Girl" for one day! lolllllll. At least its only 3 hrs! ;)

:wave: to all the people in "Lurkdom"

Jane
08-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Hi ladies, just a quick note to say I've got stuff to do tomorrow and don't know when I'll be in. Mary's going to touch up my hair, then Madison and I are going grocery shopping, and I have to run some other errands, too.

So be good, and I'll see ya later. :hug:

suetalks
08-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Well, I did get another walk in tonight..a 2 miler. I didn't have the lunch I planned as DH came in and needed some help. By the time I got around to lunch it was time to start dinner, so I just had some cucumber slices and a clementine. I can have today's lunch tomorrow. :)
Feeling good about everything today..now to see how long it lasts.

Hi to all ladies and I will be here bright and early tomorrow.

harkeyvalley
08-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Hello Ladies,
Just a note to let you know that I'm still counting calories and do very well with it but still seem to be exercise challenged. I've got to do more. I check in to see how you are all doing each day and you are all an inspiration. Keep up the good work and I'll peak in tomorrow.
Norma

Sassy_Chick
08-15-2006, 06:46 AM
Morning Ladies. :coffee:

I am feeling really crappy this morning...............I wish the training was cancelled for today, but I checked my work email and so far, nothing about cancellation.............:(

Oh well at least I will get it done and over with.

I hope you all are having a better morning than me.

Marti
08-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Good Morning Gals!

I've been having some computer issues all weekend and had to wait until James got home to fix it. I was unable to get online, and when I did....it would freeze and kick me right off. Very frustrating.

Since I'm a little behind, I will skip the individuals for next time.

Jhanai & I had a great weekend. We went to see my grandpa. He's doing great. He looks great. Still hurting but that's to be expected after falling off a roof. But he's home now and healing very nicely.

We also started making our christmas gifts. We have a large family and we figured, we better start now if we're going to get any of it done. Jhanai plans on making scarves for some of the family gals....hoping I get one too!:D

Tomorrow I took the day off to spend w/my hubby. Haven't got to spend quality time w/him in over 2wks! And that's just toooooo long! The Lane County Fair is going on and we plan on checking it out.

Ok....I need to hit the showers, so I best get.

I will catch up w/you all later!!

Cafe Ole
08-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Morning all!

Sue... a 2 mile walk is awesome!

Sassy... sorry you don't feel well! I agree though, get it done & over with that way you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Where has summer gone? I swear it flies by while winter drags! My dh actually starting giving me Christmas ideas! UGH are you serious???? LOL

Well I decided to change my plan around a bit seeing how I maintain this weight too well :) So let's see what happens now.

I am trying to sell my Bowflex Ultimate XLTU, wish me luck!

HI TO EVERYONE!!! HAVE A SUPER DAY!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Cafe Ole
08-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Marti -- we posted at same time :) ---- he fell off a roof??? what was he doing on the roof? that makes me think of my DH grandpa, 82 and re-roofing his house! what??? we made him come down & finished it ourselves, he never told anyone he was going to do it "cause it is my roof and my job" - ummm not at 82 with a bad heart it isn't. Stubborn man he was!

suetalks
08-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Good afternoon ladies. I have done okay with my food today, but haven't walked yet. Hoping it will cool off and my sinuses will quit acting up by evening. My ears are hurting too....feel like I have been swimming and got waterlogged. It is a strange sensation.
Didn't do anything except go to the house and look over the light fixtures and fans. Those are going up today.
I am making chicken and rice for dinner and hope I can stay within my calories. Looking for a good calorie counter.
Hope you all have a good afternoon. I think I am going to take a nap....something I rarely do.

BBL

Sassy_Chick
08-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Good Evening, Ladies!

I feel much better now. I am very glad that the training is done and out of the way!!!!!!!!! :D I even met some "new" people! (they were all mostly new hires) So it wasn't all bad!

After I came home, I went back to bed, I was sooooooo tired! So after getting some more sleep, I feel a lot better!

The owner of our apt. complex called my hub today about their computer needing worked on and they are going to work out something so they will take off some $$ off our rent for him fixing their computer. Which is very cool, we love bartering! ;) Hub talked to them about him fixing their computer when they met a while back. (the owners took back over managing the complex after they had problems with a management co.)

So that is cool. Our vets are big into bartering as well. Hub has fixed their computers and helped them move so they have given us free vet services for our two kitties before.

Yes I know Christmas isn't that far off. I actually want to start thinking soon as well. Maybe we could have a Christmas tips thread going? I need some help on what to get for my in-laws. They are the type that have "everything" and want nothing! lol.

They already bought us our bday, anniversary, and xmas gift -- its the bed we're getting delivered Thursday! :D

I haven't been a good girl today. :( On the way home from my training I stopped at Arby's and instead of buying a salad, like I did for hub (he loves their salads), I got a BLT sandwich & fries. :(

I have a hard time eatting salads all the time like hub does. I think I am going to have to just modify what I eat. I plan on cooking while off so we can take some food into work instead of eating out.

I told hub that we could buy nice veggies and fruits and make our own salads instead of buying them at fast food places. He found he really loves the Martha's Vineyard Salad @ Arby's and it has chicken breast, fruits and veggies in it. I said well we can make that at home and probably even better! ;)

So we are going to try. My main thing is getting the energy to exercise......

Well I hope you all have a Great Night!

Jane
08-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Hello ladies, :wave:

Sue - congrats on the 4 pounds down! :cp: Makes you feel good, doesn't it? I think it's so great that your mom is going to live with you. That says something good about your DH, too. What a blessing you both are to her. Have you checked out the calorie counter right here at 3FC? There's a link right on the main home page, with over 7000 foods listed. Here's the direct link: www.3fatchicks.com/food-calorie-counts/ (hope that works!)

Robin - thankfully, there's nothing wrong with the washer. I meant that it had stopped, and I needed to go hang out the sheets. How was your weigh in? What are you changing about your plan? You oughta join us at the challenge!

Cristina - about sheets, I do usually buy them at Penney's. For one thing, they were reported as the one company who consistantly had the correct thread count that the package said. Some company (I forget which one) was selling 400 thread count sheets but was counting 200 per side!! For another reason, that's the only major chain we have around here that isn't a discount store. I shop at Walmart and Kmart, but it's hard to find the sheets I like there. Like you, I hate spending $$$ on sheets, but I do love comfortable ones, lol.

Sassy - so how was Dayshift? Are you off now until tomorrow night?

Norma - you're an inspiration to us, too, hon. :hug:

Marti - glad your computer is all better. Glad your grandpa is better, too. So how are you and Jhanai making the scarves? With the cut fringe? Have fun at the fair tomorrow. It was so hot and humid here during our fair that we didn't go.

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

I had fun with Madison today. I took her in my van through a carwash, and she thought that was tons of fun, lol. Then we went to the orchard to buy peaches. (We have no peaches this year, and very few apples, either.) Before her nap, she asked me to rock her, and of course I happily did. Since she's past 4, that doesn't happen often anymore. I'm not sure who got the most out of it - her or me. Caylin's turn is next, lol.

See ya on the flip side, girls! :cool:

suetalks
08-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Thanks Jane. I am going to that calorie counter right now. I knew about it and forgot.
Had a good eating day and did stay OP. I just felt groggy all day and took a nap. I think it is my sinus meds. I have a Dr. appt. next week for my yearly check-up so didn't want to go in this week for sinus. Might have to if it continues. Needless to say I didn't walk or do WATP.

I will gab more next time.

Cafe Ole
08-16-2006, 08:03 AM
Morning All! :coffee2: I need coffee!

Sassy.. I know as much as I hate to say it, the Holidays will be here way too quick. It is 51 degrees out now for crying out loud! My in-laws are difficult too. They too have everything (as well as the grandparents) and hate to get gift cards. Then if they do put something on a list, you can NEVER find it! UGH

Sue... I changed my meals around after I am still at 162 so we will see if this helps and I cut 1 starch and changed my protein (2 a day) from 3oz to 2oz. I am going to go hit the scale at lunch for fun LOL

Is that legal to miscount sheets like that? I know I need new sheets I just hate paying all that $$ for them.

Not much new here, I can't wait for school to start only so I can stop paying the outrageous summer camp fees (they have to be in a summer program as we don't want them to just sit in front of a TV all day and we work...)

Have a great morning all! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
08-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Jane - yes days is done, thankfully! I get my nights back now. :love: It was just a one time thing, just for training. I go back to work tomorrow night, as usual, only i have to do that "Fireside Chat" before...........

Hey Robin, Yup your right, soon enough it will be snowing and we'll all be complaining about the cold! lol...........Your in-laws sound a lot like mine! lol.............Impossible to buy for and then if you do go and get something they actually want they say, "oh you shouldn't have spent your money on me." :rolleyes: lol.

I should be in bed, but I don't wanna wake up hub.......He has to get up early today to do some work on the apt. complex's computer. So I am just sitting up watching some "daytime tv" that I never get to see because I am normally asleep! lol.

Have a Great Day everybody!

suetalks
08-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Good morning. Hope you are all feeling as good as I am this morning. It is sunny and not too hot..actually have the windows opened, but will have to close them and turn on the air this afternoon. Feels good for now. I got a good night sleep due to meds. and so far my ears are okay today.

Robin...what program are you following for weight loss? I allow 5 oz. of meat a day and every time I did this before it wasn't enough, but for some reason this time it is fine. I think the way I ate last week got me prepared for this week and I don't feel deprived. Or maybe I just finally "got it" and this is going to work. I actually "cheated" and weighed this morning and I was pleased to see I am still going down. Won't report until Mon. though as we are going out with family Sat. and who knows?

Sassy- You better get some sleep girlie! When DH was on nights he would get really screwed up if he had a couple days off. Wacked out his whole sleeping routine.

Okay..come on the rest of you JL's..pop in and say "hi."

Cafe Ole
08-16-2006, 10:57 AM
LOL Don't say the "S" word!!! (snow that is LOL)

Actually I am following (well trying to) one of the Medical Weight Loss Programs (not on the drugs though, just the food requirements). I get 2 oz of protein 2 times a day - was 3 oz each. That 1 oz makes a difference let me tell you. Instead of cutting a 6oz steak in 1/2 now it is in 1/3 and save the rest for later. I have been doing pretty good and I can't eat nearly what I used to. Ok yep sometimes I cheat & have a Mike's Cranberry (ok a couple) and a skinny cow (I LOVE THESE). but all in all, it works and I can totally compare it to the other 100 things I tried that never worked at all.

I am bumming as I forgot to grab cash this morning to hit the farmer's market -- they have it every Wed & I will miss it yet again and I hate ATMs around here, the fees are horrid.

Cafe Ole
08-16-2006, 12:23 PM
WHOOHOO --- the new change is working. Just got back & lost 2 more lbs!:carrot: :carrot:

Jane
08-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - well, it's hard to exercise when you don't feel good, so just take heart in the fact that you're counting calories, and celebrate that victory. I like the calorie counter here, too. Somebody did a good job.

Robin - YAY for 2 more pounds down! :carrot: I like skinny cows, too, but can't keep the chocolate ones in the house!

Sassy - speaking of daytime TV, I'm watching the Young and the Restless while I type this. I admit to being hooked on that show, and have watched it off and on since it began back in the early 70's. Back when I was young and restless myself, lol. Now I'm part of the Old and Settled, lol.

Hello to Marti, Angie, Katiecat, Angiepants, Jules, Cristina, Kathy, Joan Fay, Norma, and anyone else reading this. :wave:

Ruth, one of the mods here, will be visiting me tomorrow and Friday. I met her last year in Philadelphia, and am really looking forward to seeing her again. I've made pies for the occasion, but the rest of the menu is healthy, so I should be ok.

Just a reminder - any of you Jaded Ladies are welcome in my home at any time. My guest room is your room.

Have a good day. I'll check in later, if I have time. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
08-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Evening Ladies!

Sue -- I finally went to bed at Noon! lol. Hub got up to go over to our apt. complex's office, to work on their computer and was amazed that I was still awake! lol. Glad you got a good nights sleep!

Robin -- WTG on the WL! Glad you found a plan that works for you! ;) I have been wanting to hit our farmers market here, but it has the craziest hours! It doesn't open until later, like 10 or 11 a.m.? I thought farmers markets were supposed to open early????? So I am usually not awake when they are open.....:p

Jane -- I was watching the Waltons and Little House on the Prarie..........lol. I gave up on my soap a long time ago. I used to watch Days of our Lives........
I hope you have a Great Visit with Ruth!

Have a Great Night everybody!

suetalks
08-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Jane- I,too hope you have a good visit with Ruth. Sounds like a fun time.

Sassy- Hope you got a good sleep. I watch Days of our Lives sometimes and Yand R sometimes also. Never watch either more than once or twice a week and keep up with the story lines...so you know they don't move quickly. LOL.

Had a good day. I went to the house again to "inspect" the fixtures they are installing and everything looks great. Love it more every time I go. Eating was no problem and I walked also. Yay! I finished my book tonight so need to go to the library tomorrow. Also eating lunch with DD and grocery shopping. We will eat at Applebee's and we are both watching it, so we can be good. (although I am going to try to find out the calories of a margarita because I really love theirs and I WANT one.)

Happy day all!

Sassy_Chick
08-17-2006, 01:39 AM
Hey Ladies.

Well our NEW BED is coming in the morning! :D I hope they come EARLY so we can make the new bed and go back to sleep before we have to go into work tomorrow afternoon. (Thurs.)

Our friend called us about the "fireside chat". He had his meeting today. Basically it was about where the co. is going.

Our friend said they kept reassuring people I guess that more accounts are coming in, but not until the 1st of the yr. So some people could be jobless until then. So far we have been told we are in the two safest teams, but its not like they are going to just come out and tell us, "Oh yeah and BTW in a few months to a year you guys will be losing your jobs too."

So no new car anytime soon I would think. Haven't discussed it with hub, we probably will after our meeting tomorrow, but I would say we are going to wait to buy a new car at least until the 1st of the yr. just to be sure we both have jobs. It would be just like our tightwad co. to fire or lay people off right at the holidays so they can skip out on paying holiday pay.

But we will see what happens when we go tomorrow for our meeting. I know everybody perceives things differently. I still say I don't trust what they say regardless. If they are shipping all these jobs overseas, what is to say that our jobs won't be next?

And one of our co-workers heard on the news from the CEO of our co. that if he could, he would outsource the entire co.

Very scary. Its like we all are walking around on egg shells just waiting for them to say, "we're outsourcing all of the co. overseas, you all are fired."

Well I suppose I have rambled on long enough.

Have a Great Night!

harkeyvalley
08-17-2006, 03:11 AM
Hello Ladies:
I was not online yesterday because I spent the day with the grand kiddies before they go back to school on Monday. I had a great day! I took the kids to McDonalds for lunch and I only got a plain hamburger, no condiments, and an unsweetened iced tea. While the kiddies ate their "french fries" with that delicious smell waffleing past my nose, I was not even tempted to eat just one fry. We then went to the movies where they proceeded to have buttered popcorn, and again I did not have any. This was a real test for me and I'd say I got an A+. Hey!
Norma

Cafe Ole
08-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Morning!

Sassy... Ours has funky hours too! It opens from 10-4 -- the only time I can go is the lunch hour & they are PACKED then. Did your new bed come in?

Jane.. How was your visit with Ruth?

Norma... AWESOME WILLPOWER! KUDOS TO YOU!

Well we have had our second shooting in our safe cute little town now in just 2 weeks - they are 1 block from my house (both of them) -- way too close for my comfort - this is a bit much. I have a bad feeling a drug gang tried to move in & they are being taken care of. Scary yes with 2 little babes.

I know I missed lots so GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!:coffee2:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Marti
08-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Not a lot of time to spend at the moment but I will be back later after I get off work.

Wanted to say hello and hope you're all have a great day!

Hugs to all and I'll be back this evening!

harkeyvalley
08-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Robin: I'm sorry to hear about your scare in your town. I've always thought of MI as a very quiet state. Little Rock has one of the highest crime rates of the nation. I live several hours from there so it doesn't worry me. But, if crime like that hit close to home it is really worrying. You are in my thoughts and prayers that you and yours stay safe.
Norma

Cafe Ole
08-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Hi Norma, Thanks! Michigan is a pretty state with all of the lakes that is for sure. I think the crime here is like anywhere. Detroit & parts of Lansing are the worst (IMO). My town (Holt by S. Lansing) is growing big but it is known for the small community feel & atmosphere, I like it anyhow. Now this... I am hoping one is related to the other & this will end this nonsense.

Plus with all the idiots coming from MI (sorry I am referring to the terrorists) it is a bit unnerving. I think I willhave to just go sit on the beach & stay there! :):hug:

Jane
08-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Just a quick pop-in to say hi. :wave:

Ruth is so much fun! We went to town and had lunch with my sister in a tea-room kind of place, where we both very well with the food, and then went to a big antique/flea market type place. Right now, she's on one computer while I'm on the other, which is nice. She's going to help me cook afterwhile, and then Mary is coming over with the girls for dessert. That's where trouble is coming! I'm having some pie, and I'm going to enjoy every mouthful. :devil:

Take care, and I'll chat with you tomorrow!

suetalks
08-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Drive by posting here..."hi" to everyone and hope you had a good day. I went to lunch with DD, had a margarita, so really had to skimp the rest of the day. I had a weight watchers meal (that was very good), so saved myself there. Then I went to get groceries and with DH to the house. Nothing new, but I am still pleased with how I am eating. Drinking was another story today, but I only had 1 and I won't have another for months.
Talk to you tomorrow....

Sassy_Chick
08-18-2006, 06:13 AM
Good Morning, Ladies! :coffee:

YES! Our bed arrived Thurs. (8/17) morning! :D OMG ya'all it is SOOO TALL! Infact so tall, I cannot get up in it by myself! Hub has to kinda give me a "Shove"! So we plan on getting a step stool for me to use! :o

But it is so pertty with the new sheets and all, only thing is now the old blanket we have hanging on the window looks real tacky! LOL! But I will soon address that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They delivered our bed around 10 a.m. yesterday morning (Thursday) and we made it up and went back to sleep! I think I fell straight to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow!!!!!!!!!!! Also when I got up, NO BACK PAIN!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

Well our "fireside chat" was cancelled yesterday (Thurs), only nobody bothered to call us until we were literally down the st. from work!!!!!! :mad: BUT hub benefited from it anyways and got some training in while he was there. I visited with my old dayshift co-workers who I never get to see anymore. They were as excited (if not more) to hear about my bed and the great "Bargins" I found for the new bedding and all. ;)

After that we went out and got something to eat before we had to go back and actually "work". We ate at Macaroni Grill, if you all don't have one in your area, its an Italian Restaurant. I didn't think I did too bad actually. I got a house salad, ate about half of that, got the Pasta Milano, which is bowtie pasta with sun-dried tomatoes (LOVE those!), mushrooms and chicken. I only ate 1/2 of that, IF even that and had the chickadee box it up for me to avoid temptation! Then I turned down dessert! Which is rare if we go there because I absoultely love their Lemon Cake! But I was actually FULL!!!!!!!! :D

Soooooooooo there ya go gals................Now If can just get my behind exercising, I'd be doing not so bad! lol.

OH if any of you want to see the Mama Cat and her Babies, that is here at our Apt. complex, pls PM or email me (if you have my email) and I'll send you the link. Our friend took pictures and some video while he was here and uploaded the video. He thinks he has found a home for the Mama Cat too. ;)

The little ones are getting SO big now and are out and about playing, which makes us very nervous being they are in the parking lot, but they do tend to steer clear of moving vehicles. When we got home from work this morning, Mama was waiting for us, as usual and one of the little ones came running to me! :love:

Our neighbor is taking care of Mama and her babies too. (feeding and watering) so they are getting lots of love, food & water.

Also I think I told you all about my husband working on our apt. complex's office computer? Well the Owners are tickled pink with him and what he did and so he spoke with one of the owners today and she said that they will knock off $200 off of our rent next month! :D Hub has to go over tomorrow to fix a spreadsheet that she needs fixing and I told him that since they own other apt. complex's and even a hotel, I bet now she will think of him when they need any computer work! Or at least I can hope because hub said that we could take $$ off of our rent as payment! Which is fine with us!!!!! ;)

Oh and next month we are taking off of work for my bday and our anniversary, we were talking about where we want to go. So we decided on just getting in the car and driving and seeing where we end up! Will be fun to just go and have no schedules or anything!!!!!!!!!

Well I guess I rambled on long enough!

I will now go to Indiv.

Norma -- WTG with the Willpower Chickie! :carrot:

Robin -- Guess ours isn't the only one with funky hours, what is up with that? lol. Yup, as you see above, the bed came yesterday (Thurs.) morning! YIPPEE!!!!!! :D Wow how scary with the shootings being so close to you! Be careful! There was a little boy missing in our friend's neighborhood!! As far as I know they haven't found him yet! I beleive he was only 4 - 6 years old, not very old!

Marti -- Hello to you!!!!!!!

Jane -- Glad you and Ruth are having a good time!!!!!!! Enjoy yourselves! :hug:

Sue -- :wave: Hello as you drive by! lollllllll. Have you tried the WW snack cakes they have?? I was wondering if they were any good?????

Hello to all of you out there in "Lurkdomville"! lolllllll.

Have a Wonderful Day Everybody!!!!!!!

Marti
08-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Morning Girls!!

I'm so behind here! Let's see if I can attempt to catch up on my individuals!

Sassy--The bed sounds great! Now I may have missed it, but did you get a special mattress?? Waking up to no back pain would be fantastic. How wonderful that your landlord will take $$ off for your hubby's work!! That saves so much when it comes time to pay the rent! Way to go Hubby!!:D

Robin--The WeightLoss program your on, is this something you decided to do on your own or did your doctor suggest it? And the question you asked way back : What is Jhanai? She's my 12yr old daughter.:) And my grandpa was building a shed when he fell. He's 86yrs old and doesn't know when to stop!!

Jane--I'm so glad you and Ruth are having a great time together!! What a wonderful thing for her to come visit!! Jhanai is knitting scarves. Can you believe it?? She has that great tool she uses, so it's easier than kitting needles. She only make a few.

Sue--I already tell a difference in your personality w/the change in your eating. You write in a "happy, energetic" way! Must mean you're doing fantastic!! And I think that is so great! I've been "eyeballin" my portions, but I'm thinking that I need to get my scale down for some of the portions I eat. I want to make an impact on the scale when I WI.

Norma--You did great when you took the kids to McDonalds!! I give you an A+ too!:D Taking the kids out is always a test isn't it? When I'm w/my DD, I always try to pick something healthy. But the last time we hit McDonalds, she got a grilled Chicken sandwhich and I got a Big Mac.......hmmmm....and I wonder why the scale is up?! :yikes:

Cristina--How is the patio coming along? Is it all done? I bet its beautiful!! Pop in when you get a chance.

MaryKate--How are you feeling? Hope your arms are starting to feel better. I keep thinking of you!! You're in my thoughts!

Angie--Miss you! How are you doing. Please pop in when you get a chance to say hello.

Michelle--How are you? Pop in soon and catch us up!!

Jules--Miss you too!! Hope to hear from you soon!!

Everyone else I may have missed.......HELLO!!

Ok....time to do a little browsing then do my WATP!

Chat w/you all soon.

suetalks
08-18-2006, 11:35 AM
TY Marti- I am definitely feeling better. I just hope I can keep it up. I have taken to measuring portions again...funny how we think we know what they should be then over time they just grow.

Sassy- Your new bed sounds wonderful. If you wole up without a back ache that is a super plus. No, I have never tried the WW cakes. I bet they are good though.

I got up early and walked over 2 miles. I ate my oatmeal and now I am doing laundry. Later I will go to the library and drugstore.

Cristina- Where are you..and Michelle, Jules, Mary Kate, Angie...Come out, come out, wherever you are. We want to hear how you are!

Robin, Norma, Jane..Know you are busy, so have a nice week-end if I don't "talk" to you.

Jane
08-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Hi ladies,

Sassy - your new bed sounds wonderful, and it's great that you woke up w/no backache. :cp: You did a good job at the Macaroni Grill. All these little things add up, don't they? YAY for the reduced rent - your DH may be on to something there.

Marti - measuring can really make a difference. When I started measuring, one thing that I really had to cut back on was cereal. I had been putting way too much in my bowl. But with vegetables, like corn and peas, and also with peanut butter, I overestimated a portion.

Sue - you're doing great, both with the food and exercise.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

Ruth left earlier this morning, and I was sad to see her go. She's a fascinating woman with lots of life experiences to share, and she has the most delightful laugh. Our visit was much too short.

Today I need to go grocery shopping but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to town or not. It looks like rain, and I think I'm just going to veg out with a good book.

I'll bbl,

Cafe Ole
08-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi all! Have to do a quickie here. TGIF TGIF TGIF

Marti... sorry I should have said Who is - that was rude of me. How do you pronounce it? I love unique names (my girls names aren't unique anymore but they were close when they were little - Kylie & Kelsey)

I decided to do this plan on my own. Why not? I tried everything else & I refuse to give up. Now I have something that works :)

Have a super weeked to everyone - I have a meeting & then I am sneaking out of here! LOL :hug: :hug:

Jane
08-18-2006, 03:57 PM
We're up to 50 again. See you at Weight Loss & Chit Chat #208. :wave: