Support Groups - In your 30's? Have 50-100 pounds to lose? A bit crazy? Late Summer/Autumn 2006

coley144
08-10-2006, 05:21 AM
Hello!

Welcome to the Late summer/Autumn version of our little support group. Feel free to join us - you don't really need to be in your 30's or have a lot to lose -as long as you are a bit crazy!

Anyway come on in, help yourself to fruit and pick a comfy chair. There's a treadmill in the corner if you fancy a bit of exercise or a bar serving only low cal drinks. Mine's a G+T. There's also a LOT of cats so if you are allergic I'd suggest stocking up on antihistamine!

You'll be entertained by a fabulous singer, jokes aplenty and a tarot reader in a spooky corner.

coley144
08-10-2006, 05:25 AM
Replying to myself (again!) to explain why I've changed my ticker. Am hopefully going to be trying for a 'mini me' next year. I've been doing some reasearch and the max recommended weight to get pregnant is 17 stone (238 pounds). Have decided to aim well below that at 16 stone (224 pounds). I know you can have kids at higher weights and things will go fine but as I'm older as well I want to give myself the best chance possible.

So, here goes!

And how are you?...

coley144
08-11-2006, 08:17 AM
Here! Here! the new one is here!

Blimey I look self obsessed posting 3 times in a row.

And how are you Claire?
Very well thank you. :D

Amany
08-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Hello, hello!!

Good luck on the mini-me. I, too, am wanting to procreate soon. I got married a year ago and don't have any little ones. I'm also 33, so I'm hoping to crank out two kiddies within two or three years. I know you can have children way into your 40s, but I don't want them to be too far apart in age.

I was 250 pounds when I went to the doctor about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I told her that I planned to lose weight and get pregnant this year. I also expressed my concerns to her about preeclampsia and gestational diabetes. But high blood pressure and diabetes run heavily in my family. At the time of my visit my blood pressure was already at the low end of high. She suggested that I first lose 70 - 80 pounds before I try to conceive. This is also considering the fact that once I topped 200 pounds, my cycle got all screwy. I'm 238 right now. Conception for me at this weight would probably be a little tricky. Plus, given my family history I would be a nervous wreck the entire time.

For those of you wondering just who the heck I am, :) , I posted on the other thread last night. I'm going to catch up on all your posts today. You seem to be a really fantastic group. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

I hope you have good news for us soon Coley!!

n2luvnlife
08-11-2006, 05:33 PM
I am new to all this stuff but would love to join. Amanada I have read the other thread you started and was going to join but I can't keep up with everybody. LOL.

I was married two years ago and also thinking about having children. At my age (36) and Being only 4'11" and 3/4 my weight of 185 when I was my heaviest and now at around 178 is considered morbidly obese, so I have to get movin and get this fat off.

I look forward to getting to know you and everybody else. I have had 96 oz of water today already. Not to bad. Going to Curves tonight. I just got back to work from the Physical Therapist for my ankle. It is doing okay this week.

Lets get going! Have a great weekend. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Amany
08-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi N2! - Yes, things move at light speed on the other thread. I love it because the ladies are so sweet. I like this one too though!

Caroline - I'm trying to be busy with the exercise too. My goal is six days a week. Mon - Frid mornings aerobics (something different daily) and then yoga for abs or stretching. Then Pilates in the evening after 10 minutes of shadow boxing. On Saturdays, aerobics and maybe something else.

Lala - You're so, so funny! I agree and writing is a good way to exorcise the the demons!

Rebecca! - Congrats to you sweetie! On the house and the wedding. You certainly have a lot on your plate! You're going to be a lovely bride.

Coley - You, Rebecca and Lala really keep things going around here! This is a great thread you've started. I love it!

coley144
08-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Hello! Good to see you both here.

Amany - You're doing really well. You're right at the top weight for pregnancy according to my info so anything you get off is a bonus. I'm not going to attempt a mini me for a while, probably about a year. Gives me time to shift some off and for us to get a new house. I'm 36 now though so I'm keeping an eye on the clock!

n2luvnlife - you're very welcome here. Sounds like you are working out a lot. What sort of diet are you following or is it just eat less, move more?

Am feeling rather chirpy today. Have lost 2 pounds this weekend! :carrot:

GodsSongbird74
08-15-2006, 10:23 AM
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to Amany and N2!!!!

Whew!! I finnallly found our new thread.
Sorry I have been missing for a while. Things have been so nuts here. I am doing everything I can not to burst into a million peices from stress. I got everything moved from my place into storage and my finacee's place. And have spent the last week packing up My fiancee's place cause we move in a week. We close on our new house on thursday. So i will spend time this weekend cleaning and painting , and figuring out if we want to replace the carpet or try and give it a good cleaning then we will move in next weekend. And I still have to get invites out for the wedding in the next few weeks. And I don't even have all the addresses I need. This weekend was horrible, my fiancee got cold feet about the house and tried to cancel the deal. Found out it is wayyyy to late. If he cancels we could be sued this late in the game. I was in Iowa trying to get addresses for the invites and taking care of some personal business so I could not even help. we ended up having our first MAJOR fight. It is bad enough in person but try doing it over the phone from 5 hours away. Ahhhhhh!! But all is well again now, with the house and us.
Weight hasn't moved much, up and down the same 5 lbs for a month now, but I am losing lots of inches. I am exercising all the time, sometimes 2x a day, but I think I need to back off on the protein. My body just bulks up when I eat too much of it. I lost 100lbs before with little problems, and I was eating veggies and carbs mostly. So I will go back to that, I have 2 months and 2 weeks b4 the wedding and something has to work to get that scale moving. My dress should be here soon.
Looks like a lot of us will be pregnant at the same time. Won't that be fun. Instead of our little weight loss group, we will have a pregnancy group and talk about weight gain and streach marks and.... hey we already talk about those things. :shrug: Anyway, I am hoping myself to have at least one or two in the next few years. I need to lose quite a bit first though as well. I can't beleive weigh can cause so many problems, but it does.
Coley-Look at you go!! Congrats on the 2 more lbs lost. and all the posting to yourself...:p :p
I wonder where La la is??
Amany- Sounds like you will fit in just fine. When I joined I went through and read all the past posts as well. LOL On 3 different months threads. I felt as if I knew everyone already, but they didn't know me so I became the posting queen for a while. LOL Now I am lucky if I have time to post 2 times a week. After the move and the wedding I will be around more.
N2-Don't feel bad, it is sometimes hard to keep up with us and other times we go days without posting. But you will love the group. There is always an encouraging word, someone here who understand what you are going through, and great friends to tell anything to. Feel free to contribute what you can.
Well now, look at what I did.. I wrote a book instead of a post.. I guess I had a lot to say today. LOL I hope everyone has a great day and I will talk to you soon.
KEEP IT UP!! WE CAN ALL DO IT!!!

Rebecca

Amany
08-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Rebecca, I'm glad things worked out for you and your fiance. I'm sure it's normal to get stressed out before purchasing a home. One day you'll look back at the whole thing and laugh.
BTW, as long as you're losing inches try not to worry about the weight. Years ago, I took on a healty lifestyle. Ate right and exercised everyday. I only lost 5 pounds, but I went from a sz 16 to a 12.
Do you ever watch Bridezillas? Please don't become that! :lol: I love that show...

I got great news yesterday!! I joined the Christmas Challenge on the Chicks up for a Challenge board. I decided to weigh myself earlier than I had originally planned. I wanted to start things off on the right foot. Anyway, I found I that I had lost two more pounds since Aug 10. Yes!!

Thanks for your welcome Coley. Although I should, I doubt if I'll wait until the 170s to try to conceive. I'll wait until December though. I think I'll be in the high 180s to low 190s by then. Did you know that losing weight makes you more fertile? Estrogen is stored in fat. When you lose fat, it's released into your blood stream and makes you more fertile.

n2luvnlife
08-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Took me a couple of days to find this thread again. LOL ~ Just trying to get used to this website and the diet and all. I sure hope I can find you again after I post.

Thanks for the WELCOME. I appreciate it. :hug:

I am a little depressed today. No weight loss this week, no gain either. TTOM so hopefully that is the reason I am feeling depressed as well. Next week will be a better weigh in. Keep my fingers crossed. I will stick to the diet this week and exercise. Water isn't going down as fast today, I need to pick up the pace today.

Still trying to get to know everyone. Bare with me until I get this down pat and can respond to individual posts. :D

I hope everyone is having a great day.

coley144
08-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Hello Ladies!

Just a drive by posting as I'm at work and should be doing..er..work! I'm down another pound! That's 3 this week! This weight loss business is very odd indeed. Three months of crawling weight loss then this..and I'm doing nothing different!

Anyhoo, Rebecca good to see you back! Yes the online conversations with myself were starting to look a bit sad! Hope things sort out with the house etc. Owning your own house is really a great thing. I certainly felt much more..I dunno...settled and stable when I got mine.

Amany - I didn't know that about weight loss. Thanks! It makes sense though. With all the spots I keep getting there must be hormones rushing around! And well done on the weight loss.

Amany
08-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Coley, it's fine to post from work. I do all sorts of things when I'm supposed to be working. I feel just fine about it. :lol: Wouldn't it be great if Rebecca was right and there were a few pregnancies here at one time? I'm going to be good and wait until December to try to conceive. I doubt if by then I'll have lost the 70 - 80 lbs my doctor recommended, but I think I'll have lost 60 by then. I was 250 when I last saw her. H*ll, I'm working my butt off!! :running: :)

N2, don't let the scale get you down. The body is always trying to stabilize and prevent starvation. So sometimes it will hold on to a few pounds for dear life. Once your body realizes your not starving it, it will release the pounds.
Another thing is, if your exercising, you could be building muscle that weighs more than fat. About 13 years ago I changed my eating habits and started exercising. I went from a 16 to a 12. But I only lost 5 pounds! The scale isn't always a good indicator of your success. Measuring is a good idea. I would do it, but I'm too dang lazy. :dz:

dalai_lala
08-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Hi! I'm still mostly here! Work has kept me pretty busy, and though I'm on a break from school, Mr. Lala has been trying to re-teach me some Algebra (it's been 15 years!) so that I won't get lost when it's time for Trigonometry and Calculus. Ugh and more ugh...

I'm starting to get back on track, I think. We are still walking three miles every night and the food is getting better, pardoning the occasional Macaroni Grill blowout. I had gained back up to 260, but have whittled that down to 254 again as of this morning. Woot! We are getting a new rice cooker this weekend, so we're going to try eating various lightly cooked meats over steamed rice more often, rather than big, heavy, cheese covered, sodium packed extravaganzas and casseroles. You can also pre-set the timer and make oatmeal in it, so that I'll be able to take oatmeal for breakfast at work instead of eating eggs every single day. I have bloodwork in the morning and I don't even want to think about my cholesterol right now!

Anyway... I'll try to check in more often. I've just been feeling a little crazed lately... :)

-Lala

Stevi-rocks
08-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Hello...
I think I might fit in here, I'm 34 (very soon to be 35 EeekK!), need to lose an additional 40+ lbs, and I'm not entirely sane. I'm at the half way point and really need some shovin'!!! Had a bad week last week but I have totally recovered this week. My DS#2 turns 6 months on Sunday the 20th! I concieved him @238!! Ouch, won't do that again. Full term I was 270lbs. I also have a 14 year old...Appears I'm not very good at multi-tasking!...j/k. We are trying for another very soon. DH thinks he has another 6 months before we START trying but he's wrong....we are secretly trying now! Sssshhhhh! lol. I hope to get to know you all!

707Goddess
08-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi new here can i join in ?? im 33 and need to lose 50 lbs I live in cali and have 4 kids ( crazy yeah 3 are teenagers) 2 boys 2 girls and im done (tied on the table after #4 c-section) i have stayed the same weight for a month AGGGGG im soooo fustrated rihght now i've changed eating different things (I count Calories) i've switched up excee. I dont know but im sure you ladies can help sorry for the vent
thanks
michelle

coley144
08-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Hello all! Glad to see the list has been busy while I've been away. Went to my mother in law's (well we are not married but that's pretty much what she is!) for the weekend. They live just north of London, just down the road from where they film the UK's Big Brother so I got to watch the fireworks as the winner was announced!

Diet wise things are still going very well. Am taking things one day at a time though! My lovely fella has just got a permanent job so tick one off our list of 'things to do before having a baby.' The ones still left are...Me getting a permanent (maternity paying) job, us buying a new house and me losing more weight...so lots more to do!

Anyhoo, onto you lovely ladies...

Amany - 60 by December - Wow! Its certainly possible but don't hate yourself if you don't do it. I've just hit my 1 year dietaversary and I've lost 47pounds. I havent been utterly hammering it though - because I want to set up routines i can keep.

Lala - Glad to see you!!! Good on you for losing it again. Get right back on that horse - I admire you for that. Crazed it good by the way - we like crazed. Come and moan here, thats what we are for. Who wants friends who are happy all the time??? How boring!!!

Stevi-Rocks - Shove! Well you said you needed some shoving! What was being 9 months at 270 like? How was your back?

707 Goddess - Of course you can join! The more the merrier! 33 with 4 kids!!!! You've been busy!!! Do you have time for anything else??? Just keep eating less and moving more - it works!!!

Stevi-rocks
08-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Happy Tuesday!
Anybody else here have a spouse that enjoys hitting the snooze button 6-9 times before getting their @$$ out of bed while you can still sleep??? I swear if anything happens to him I can not be held responsible. I WARNED him. Started @ 4:45 am!! I ask, "Sweetie? When do you have to be at work?" He answers, 8...WTH!
Full term @ 270 was miserable if I remember correctly( I'm like a goldfish, my attention span is very limited:D) I snored like a bear! That was a 1st as I have never had that much weight in the front...or anywhere for that matter! The Heartburn was excrutiating yet manageable due to the great meds out now. My back was fine, my feet on the other hand where not so good. Sleep was a distant memory the entire last 4 weeks due in part to insomnia and discomfort. I'm doing it again, just not so heavy! Lose what you can now, you won't regret it.

malashae
08-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Hi everybody I just found this website today and i am really excited about it. I think i just came to the right place if ya all have the knock knock jokes. and the tarot in the corner. very groovy. I see that you are all very supportive of each other and i am very excited about that too. I was really worried about the excess baggage i was started to display so i did a yahoo search and i found this website. strange way the web works. but i am just as glad that i found this place because i was starting to lose my umph in the loss race.

and congrats to allof you all on your on race so far.
thanks cathy

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar061/slider-situp/lb/302.5/160/261/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

dalai_lala
08-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Boogie time! My ticker is finally correct once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot!
:dancer: A round of Funky Music for everyone!

My fall term of school has started with a thud. I spent an hour and a half driving round and round the parking garages at school and was just sliding into a parking space as my first class started. Then I had to haul butt halfway across campus (oh, did I mention that it was only about 100 degrees F yesterday?) to arrive 10 minutes late. The good news is that I did not feel even slightly sick or dizzy or even out of breath by the time I got there. But yes, I was unpleasantly schweaty... ick...

Umm... that's about it. My life has consisted of work and homework since then. How terribly dull....

:)

Have a Happy Wednesday!

-Lala

dalai_lala
08-22-2006, 10:31 PM
By the way, I've decided that I quite like port. (Hiccup...) It tastes chocolatey-licoricy-alcholy-yummy. Probably very bad for me. (hiccup...)

-Lala

coley144
08-23-2006, 06:04 AM
Hey Lala! I'll get some glasses then we can all have some!:dizzy: Then we could have a race! ;) Bet it'd be a good one - Me and you running across campus. Should be an Olympic sport!

Stevi-rocks - 270 sounds hard! I'm going to try not to be there again! Your hubby needs some lessons in time management! 4.45 to get in for 8??? Mine gets up at 6.45 to be in for 7.10!

Malashae - Welcome welcome! This is a great place to dump your excess baggage. How are you planning to do it?

Right I'd better get back to work...:devil:

Amany
08-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Hello everyone.

I am happy to report that the other day I wore pants that I could not fit a month ago. Had lots of room too! Yes!! :D They were 18w, which is more like a 20 reg.

So I'm zeroing in on those 18 regs and 16ws I bought for motivation a couple of weeks ago. Plus I dug out every 16 and 18 I had packed away. Baby steps...

Coley - Your husband gets up at 6:45 and makes it to work by 7:10. That's impressive! He sounds like a superhero!! ;) Getting to 190 by Christmas certainly would be a minor miracle. But I'm gonna work my butt off to get there!!! :running:

Dalai - Congrats on the weight loss. WTG Chicky!!

Malashae - I've only lost 17 pounds to your 41 and already I'm starting to feel scared that I'll start regressing. No reason. I just having a looming sense of doom. So I can relate. Let's keep one another motivated, shall we?

Stevi - I'm more likely to use the snooze button than my husband. But he will try to convince me to lie back down when I need to get up and exercise. Doesn't he realize that I'm a fat woman who needs her exercise!!! :mad:

Goddess - Welcome, welcome!!! Isn't it the funniest thing? Most of the time we must prove our sanity to participate in something. Here, we must demonstrate the opposite. :lol:

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Stevi-rocks
08-26-2006, 02:52 AM
Good evening Ladies,
Had a marvy day yest as I am down 2 pounds, bought a pair of 14 Calvins, and EVERY pair of jeans in my closet either fit or are too big! Some of which have NEVER fit, Supid cool I say. I am restraining myself as I baked most of the day today for a get together tomorrow. I HAD to try a new recipe though...Pretty good stuff.
Amanda~ WTG on the new pants...wanna start a club?:) I like your reward system.
Coley~ DS#2 was a surprise...sorta. DH and I had discussed my recent change of heart regarding more children...2 weeks later I was pregnant! geez.

dalai_lala
08-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Howdy! I'm down another half pound--woo hoo!! I guess I should change my ticker--woo hoo!!

Also, we are fine in regards to the wimpy Ernesto storm situation. I believe we are under his domain at this very moment and.... nothing.... They did close the university today, though. :D

And finally, I am leaving tomorrow for a week of vacation. I'll be in Atlanta at a geek convention. Should be fun, and if we bother to take pictures, maybe I'll post some when I get back. We aren't big takers of photos, however....

Talk to you soon!!

-Lala

coley144
09-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Hi ladies!!!

Have been stupid busy. Had a tarot offer on so have lots of readings to do. Also am selling lots of jewellery on ebay and website. I had about 20 parcels to send on tuesday - they did not like me at all in the post office!

Anyhoo, on to you...

Amany - We don't live that far from town so my fella can get in that quickly! He's out the house in 5 mins! Good luck on the 190!

Stevi-Rocks - Now that sounds like a good day indeed! I'm still ordering trousers that turn out to be too small...boohoo!

Lala - What geek convention? I went to one once..I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours...

Am away for a long weekend so see you wednesday...ish.

Claire xxx

dalai_lala
09-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Hiya! I'm back from the convention. I went to DragonCon (www.dragoncon.org) in Atlanta, Georgia. We had such a great time! We caught awful colds, though... so many people, crowded up in small rooms and even smaller elevators.. it was inevitable! Anyway, I'll post a link to some pictures that a friend of ours took, if I can. He takes much better pics than I do!

The parade was cool, all the people in their costumes. Well, most people were in costume all over the place, but the parade was a cool place to see a bunch all together at the same time. The Klingons on motorcycles were pretty neat! I spent most of my time at panels for scifi literature. Next year they want to do a special panel (and maybe a show) on Hitchhikers. Woot! Then I also went to a few on Star Wars, still my favorite... I was bummed that I couldn't get into the Serenity/Firefly shindig--I waited in line for over half an hour before I gave up, the room was just too full for all of us!

Anyhoo... I feel like crap, so I'm going to take some sleepy-making medicine and get my sick butt into bed.... (whimper, whine, moan, groan...)

:)

-Lala

coley144
09-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Hi Lala! Looks like you had a good time. Looks great! Can I come next year? I wanna be a geek in Atlanta! When I went to a convention it was in Blackpool...its not the same. Do they do that weird star trek dance where they all sit on the floor?

Have you recovered yet?

I'm chuffed today. I have lost a pound! :carrot: AND got a job interview. :carrot:

It'll be a good job because it will allow me to work 4 days a week so giving me more time for jewellery and tarot. Hurrah! :carrot:

Interview is next friday so wish me luck!

dalai_lala
09-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Hmmm... dunno about the Star Trek dance. I hadn't heard of that! And I haven't gone to any Trek events at DragonCon yet. However, if you'd like to make the trip, it's always at the end of August-beginning of September (that's our Labor Day holiday weekend - the first Monday in September and the last chance to party before summer's over, basically). I had heard that there were about 40,000 people in attendance this year... but it's so much fun that I don't even mind the crowds. If you get tickets early in the year they aren't horribly expensive (say $40, instead of the $80 you'd pay at the door).

I'm still dealing with the cold. Blah... I am about to head off for a nap, actually. I've spent the morning trying to do homework, but my brain isn't sufficiently operational for literary criticism right now! I have cold medicine hangover...

-Lala

coley144
09-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Hey Lala - Hope you're feeling better!

Hope everyone else is too! Me I'm a bit peed off. Had a job interview friday and didn't get it. It's not the job I'm that bothered about but just that we agreed to wait until I got a permanant job before moving house and trying for a baby - so its more what it means than the job itself.

So I've been eating biscuits. Nothing too bad and reasonably within calories but still I have turned after all this time to food for comfort. Shows you doesn't it? Its really easy to slip back.

Well there's my chirpy news for today! And how are you?

Get n healthy
09-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Hello ladies, i noticed your thread just today. Seems perfect for me, as I am 33 years old, 100 lbs to lose, and definately a little nuts. So when i get a few minutes i am going to go back and read the thread from top to bottom, but i just wanted to jump on in and introduce myself. Look forward to losing with you all.

dalai_lala
09-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Hi Stacy! Welcome! I'll admit we've been pretty quiet these past couple of weeks here, but please come in and help us keep going! We have one member in the throes of wedding mania, others in job searches, and as for me, I'm always buried under a mountain of homework these days. Tonight I said to heck with it, I'm not doing a darn thing that is either necessary or important to the continuation of my home or my shcooling! I'm not even going to cook dinner!!! (Well, I used more colorful language, perhaps, but you see what I mean...) :D

Hi Coley... I'm mostly feeling better. Still a bit of a cough hanging on, but that always happens with me. Sorry 'bout the job, but not to worry, something wonderful will turn up. So sayeth the dalai_lala! Not too many biscuits now, young lady! (A few are okay sometimes, though...) :hug:

Well, I'm off to completely waste my evening on frivolous entertainment!! FREEEEEDOOOMMMMMMMMM!!

-Lala

dl3297
09-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Just found this thread as well, i'm 33, want to lose 50 lbs. though my trainer said it may be difficult. Just bought a house 3 months ago, and still in the process of remodeling. No kids, but do have pets, 1 dog, 2 cats, 4 parrots, (Hope that classifies me as a little nuts).
Wanted to introduce myself, as when I read the other posts, seems like there's alot going on with all of you that i'm going through too. Really need some support and peer pressure. If my fiance tries to be my peer pressure he just earns his way into the dog house, so he told me to go find someone else for the job. Hopefully I'll find both here.

707Goddess
09-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Welcome DL3297 just jump in and unload thats what we are here for

Everyone else i've been staying on plan except weekend it's so darn hard to watch myself on the weekend ecspecialy during football season Im a die hard football fan
oh well I have 2 choices tonight
Go to a place in the next city over watch the football game which means drink beer and eat a steak dinner and see all my friends
Or
Stay home do my work out cook dinner Iron hubby's uniform and relax........
i choose stay home i can watch the game on tv while im working out
Kinda bumbed though i havent seen alot of these people in a while
oh well my weight loss has to come first
Have a good night i'll check in later

Get n healthy
09-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Hello ladies,

Lala-Thanks for the warm welcome. Oh those school days, i remember that.

I am a mother of 2 (ds 13, dd 7), married x14 years, with two dogs (mastiff and border collie) and one iguana.

I am doing okay on my weight loss journey, or at least i was until monday. I lost 3.8 pounds last week, my weigh-in day is friday, but by monday i was up 5 pounds...what the heck. I did really well over the weekend, although i cheated a bit on friday, i always cheat a bit on friday...and i have never been up 5 pounds. So anway, i am hoping it is water and that it will melt away as quickly as it came.

I am supposed to be a brides maid in may of 07, so the goal is to get to 193 by then. That is the weight that i was totally happy at before. I definately dont want to be the fat brides maid, so it is good for motivation and keeping me on track.

Back to work for me.

coley144
09-24-2006, 06:25 AM
Hello! Hello! Hello!

Do you know I have a subscription to this thread but for some reason it doesn't notify me when people post?

Lala - my minor biscuit trangression seems to have paid off as I'm down 2 pounds! Bodies are weird things! Hope you are all better now.

dl3297 - Welcome! that's a LOT of pets! I think it can be hard for your fella to try to help you stick to the diet - because its easy for you to misinterpret. Its easier when its someone who isn't so involved. You'll find 3FC is a great place. Its certainly helped me lots. I don't think I'd have lost what I have without it.

707Goddess - so which did you do? Steak and friends or iron and relax? I know which I'd have chosen! :devil:

Get n Healthy - Just remember that the scales are the devil.:devil: Sometimes they tell you pretty lies and sometimes they tell you evil lies! Just keep going and those 5 pounds will be gone.

Because I started out at such a high weight (in my eyes) I've been listing it in pounds (whereas we use stones) because then it didn't seem quite real. So I started at 21 stone 9, which is HUGE, so I just thought of it as 303, which means nothing to me really (although I did see a Simpsons where Homer wanted to reach 300 pounds because then he could be classed as disabled - ARGH!). Anyway the problem has been that I keep working it out wrong! I thought I'd hit 50 pounds lost today but it turns out that 'no' I've been working it out wrong and its 49. Annoying!

But 49 pounds off is better than 49 pounds on isn't it? ;)

dalai_lala
09-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Well, congratulations whether it's 49 or 50, and yes, 49 off is much better than 49 on! Good work, girl!

I'm still stalled, but hubby and I promised each other to get serious starting this past Monday. I haven't had time to exercise yet, around the homework (which I am skillfully avoiding at this VERY moment), but I have been eating properly for the first time in.... ages... I can't tell you how much broccoli I had for lunch. Not to mention how gross broccoli burps can be... blech!!

At any rate, I must get back to Henry James, five more chapters to read before I go to class tomorrow... sigh... For an American he writes very British and VERY last century... double sigh... ;) It's actually the whole "last century" part I'm having trouble with. It's almost (but not quite) as bad as Nathaniel Hawthorne. More commas than you can shake a stick at, endless, endless, endless sentences -- by the time I get to the end of the sentence I can't remember what the beginning was about!

Bye!

-Lala

coley144
09-27-2006, 04:59 AM
Lala - Have you ever read Thomas Hardy? I read a book by him once, can't remember which one as I have obviously blanked it from my memory, where he had pages and pages and pages about a tree. Yes, a tree. It was really about the government or somesuch but to me, age 15, it was about a f***** tree!

So think yourself lucky! I'm obviously still scarred by the memory! ;)

dalai_lala
09-27-2006, 10:48 PM
I haven't been forced at Thomas Hardy yet, but it sounds a lot like what I have been doing! I spent about four hours on homework tonight... I'm getting so tired of it all! I hope getting this degree is worth all of this crap... :)

-Lala

dl3297
10-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Coley-
Great job on the 49lbs!!!!! I can't even imagine what that has got to feel like. I have been trying for over a year and have only managed to put more weight on. I started out trying to lose 20 and ended up needing to lose 55.

Lala-
Keep at it, the degree will be worth it in the end. One of my best friends just completed her masters degree and until Saturday when she received her diploma in the mail she felt the same way. I was really happy to be there with her when it came in.

Well, the diet on this end seems to be going pretty well (this week anyway). I have to admit though that i'm afraid to step on a scale. I don't even own one at home anymore so I have to go to the fitness center at work to weigh in. YUCK!!!!! Think i'll wait another week. Have a good week everyone!!!

coley144
10-06-2006, 05:03 AM
Lala - It'll be worth it I promise. I wish I could do mine all over again. There were moments of extreme tedium and others of mind blasting frustration but still I learnt so much. Ohhh..I could go all misty eyed.

dl3297 - Thats a **** of a name. Why 3297? Don't worry about the scale. Just assume it is the devil :devil: and work from there! And use the same scale all the time. There can be a great difference from one to the other. My doctor has 2 scales one weighs 14 pounds different from the other!

Have applied for a fab new job - generally being a computer geek. I hope I get it as geekery sounds fun! Weight wise nothing is shifting at the moment but we'll see. Patience patience ...as I keep telling myself. x

dl3297
10-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Coley- About the name, my finace is a computer geek, and paraniod about security so he makes sure that all my passwords, e-mail addresses etc, are alpha/numeric. 3297 was easy for me to remember 3/29/73 is my birthday, i shortened it so it worked when I only had so many characters I could use. Now i'm so used to it, I use it or a slight variation of it for all of my e-mail stuff. Where does Coley144 come from? Pretty goofy I know, but easy to remember.
Thanks for the advice on how to look at the scale, it helped. And it wasn't so bad, I lost 4 lbs. Now I suppose if i'd kick it in gear and actually walk the dog every night like I keep telling her i'm going to, I might be able to manage another 4 or 5.
Good luck on the job!!!! Keep us posted.

dalai_lala
10-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi all... just finished some homework and thought I'd relax a bit before I start prepping for tomorrow. Le sigh... :)

So, we started doing sort of a Biggest Loser challenge at work. Our first weigh in was last Monday, and as of this Monday (yesterday) I had... gained 3 pounds. :o Well, it was water, really, I had a lot of soy sauce and a large instance of spaghetti sauce -- VERY large instance of spaghetti sauce. I should have weighed in today instead, I am back to even as of this morning. Note to self: no high sodium binges on the weekend!! Anyway, we're going from last week, the first week of October, until the first week of December. We all put in five bucks, and the one who loses the highest percentage of body weight in the two months wins all the money. There's only five of us, so it's not a big win, but, heck, I'll take it! Either way, I am inspired to behave again, and that hasn't happened since around April...

Oh oh oh! I got a 96% on my midterm for the Lit Theory class that is making me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot: That made me very happy....

Hrrmmmm... but I also got a D+ on an assignment for my Linguistics class. That made me very sad. I've never gotten a D on anything before. Grumble grumble... Luckily the professor drops the lowest grade out of six for this type of assignment, so I'm guessing this grade will be it. I just hate to have to burn that so soon, with four of these assignments left to do.

And I just realized today that I have totally bitten off more than I can chew with my Space Sciences minor. I thought I had checked on all the prerequisites that are due for each of my required classes, but I missed -- a few -- five, to be exact and... gulp... it's Physics for Engineers I and II as well as three more (scary) math classes. Which brings it to a grand total of 7 extra classes to take beyond the minor. So that's a big nope, I guess, and I'll be changing that to an Astronomy minor, which only needs one level of Physics and two (scary) math classes, for a total of only 3 extra classes. Thank goodness Mr. Lala is a math major.... I'm an English major and this is likely to kill me! ;)

Anyway, I'm off to make breakfast and coffee for tomorrow! I'll check back as soon as I can again....

Shoutout to Coley: miss you! :hug: Good luck with the new interview, I'll think happy thoughts for you (around cursing Lit Theory!).

-Lala

coley144
10-11-2006, 10:33 AM
dl3297 - that is a perfectly sensible explanation and I hadn't even remembered that mine was numbered too!! Mine is because my nickname in real life is Coley (as well as Colemeister, ColeyRabbit etc etc). Its from my surname. Then a few years ago I joined an internet dating site and had to put a number after Coley. I used to live at 144 so put that number, met my lovely fella and carried on using it afterwards!

Good on you for the 4 pounds!!:carrot:

Lala - Hello Misses! I know that whole salty scale nightmare! Earlier in the week I was up 5 pounds!!! Now gone back down again but I was not a happy bunny. Sounds like college is going to be mathtastic! Lucky you :dizzy:

I am a bit :dizzy: today! I spent sunday doing lots of tarot readings at an event which was really interesting and fun. Yesterday had to go down to London (5 hours travelling time in total) for a conference. Wasn't half as much fun! And foodwise was a nightmare as they didn't understand what gluten free is so tried to give me pasta! Then they gave me noodles and told me it was 'made from a bean.' :?: I ended up having an apple for lunch which is just not enough!

Dietwise just carrying on keeping on...

dl3297
10-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi everyone:
Reading the last couple of posts about the horrors of salt, I have a tip that might help. I switched from regular iodized table salt to Sea Salt. I have it in the same type of grinder that I use for my peppercorns. I use in for everything, cooking, baking, to season, etc... I have no idea why, but I no longer have the huge issue of water retention anymore, and it used to get so bad, i'd feel like my skin was going to split open.

Lala-
Awesome job on the Lit Theory Mid-Term, don't know how you're doing it, just reading your post was making my head spin. And don't worry about 1 D, i'm sure you'll pick it up later.

Coley-
Ahhh, the wonderful internet dating scene. I was on that a couple of years ago at the urging of my friends, and here, it was just plain SCARY!!! I think that 85% of the posts that I received were from Men the age of my parents. Ugghhhh. Oh well, no longer need to worry about that I have my guy, and hopefully this will be IT!!!! Also, i'd love to hear more about the event that you attended last Sunday. That has got to be so interesting to have that capability.

Have a good night everyone, it's time for me to head home and start running up and down the steps again.

coley144
10-13-2006, 09:52 AM
Am having a strange day today. Came out of the house this morning to discover that my neighbours car windows had been smashed. I went to knock to tell him only to discover huge holes in his house front window as well. So I figured he probably knew! He's got a son with ADHD who kicks off at regular intervals (like threatens to stab everyone) so maybe it was him. Dunno.

Anyway dl3297 - last weekends tarot event - yes it was great fun. I just do 4 card readings for people (past, present, future and an advice card). I started reading tarot about 18 years ago and slowly its convinced me that it works! Eventually I started doing it as a small sideline business. I'll tell you more about it if you want?

Enjoy your step running!!!

dl3297
10-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Morning Coley-
Sorry to hear about your neighbor, that's got to be a little disconcerting. Be Careful!!!!! It sounds to me like he may be bi-polar. My finace is ADHD so i've learned quite a bit about it, and this guy sounds like he's way off the charts. Yikes!!!!

I have no idea what the time difference is between where you are and here (Central Time US) but if you ever want to try to chat on messenger let me know, I would love to hear more about the Tarot, but don't know if we should take up everyone else's time with it.

Anyway, today is Friday, thankfully. This week has been really hectic and i'm really looking forward to a couple of days off. My fiance is treating me to dinner out tonight at our favorite steak house so the breakfast and lunch menu today consists of Black Coffee. Hopefully he'll want to go early.

dalai_lala
10-15-2006, 12:42 AM
Well, we finally had our first cold night here in Florida... sort of... The hubby and I went out for a walk tonight and I was kind of cold by the time we got back in -- but we were still walking in shorts. ;) And I did see that someone actually had a jacket on today, as we drove by the park. Of course, walking around the uni campus I see the young girls dressed in jeans and big heavy sweatshirts, even on the worst days of summer. Do they think they're hiding how "fat" they are? They just look miserable to me!

Mmmm... cold weather... I think I need a cup of sugar free hot chocolate!

See ya!!

-Lala

dl3297
10-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Ahhhh, the season for Hot Chocolate!!! We've definately started that here in the mid west. I actually had to bring out my winter coat already. Lala, you are sooooo lucky to live near warmer weather. We're supposed to be getting snow this weekend, and i've been using my remote start on my car for about two weeks already to unfreeze my doors and windows in the morning. Oh, well, I guess the time for walking outside has about come to an end. Not sure what i'm going to do for excercise now. Any suggestions?
Well, it's been a really long week here, i'm so glad that it's Friday. Work has been really boring me lately, and that's not a good thing, I want to snack all day, but so far have been avoiding it for the most part. I think it's time for a change of pace. I do some database work for a realtor here, and she has offered to pay for my classes and license and provide a mentorship if I would be interested in obtaining my real estate license, so i'm seriously considering it. I'm kind of getting burned out on the Manufacturing Purchasing thing. I've been doing this for 10 years, and I just don't seem to have a whole lot of drive to continue in this field.
I know some of you have made career changes, please share your stories with me if you would. I'd like to know what made you finally decide to change, and how tough it was to do it.

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!!!

coley144
10-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Hey everyone! It should be cold here by now but its been unseasonably warm for months. Fella and I have been busy running our lovely jewellery business which is going extremely well. Give me 4-5 years and I might be able to live off it!

Weightwise nothing has moved this month, despite my neither eating much more or less. So I'm taking drastic action (for me) - I'm stopping getting any wine at the supermarket. I do like a glass of wine of an evening but I'm stuck with my weight and I'm not prepared to give up any solid food calories so booze has to go (except if we go out for a meal then I'll have a glass). If i just don't have my glass of wine a night I'm saving 490 a week. That should get things moving. It'll be weird having no vices at all - I'll have to take up gambling!:D

Neighbours have been very quiet lately..Shhhh..don't wake them! I just hope they stay quiet in the new year when we put the house on the market!

dalai_lala
11-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Hello, hello...

School is still making me crazy...

I broke my glasses a couple of days ago. Hubby soldered (sp?) them back together, which worked for yesterday, but they broke again this morning. Sigh. I had my eye appointment earlier this evening though. New glasses take about a week or so. Hehehehee... I wore my prescription sunglasses to work today. I look horrible in them, but at least I could type!

I have a doctor appt in about two weeks. I'm soooooo getting yelled at. No weight lost since my last appointment. But I've decided not to worry about it so much for the end of the year. At this time last year I hopped on the scale and saw a number that started with a 29 and ended in either a 6 or 8. I was too freaked out to be sure of the last number, and I never went back to the scale to find out. Right now I'm at 255. I say that me at 255 is an improvement over me at 300, and that that is an okay accomplishment for me in one year. No one could have asked for more, don't ya think? So that's what I'm gonna tell her if she fusses at me. (so there!)

We're having a big community wide yard sale on Saturday. Everything must go! :D I hope to get rid of a whole bunch of stuff. I'm not sure if I even care about making a bunch of money, I just want to have some room in my rooms! We are the worst couple of pack rats...

Anyway, I'm off to snooze on the couch. I'm so tired toward the end of the week... this getting to work at 7 am crap is getting old! :dizzy:

Talk to ya'll soon!

-Lala

coley144
11-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Lala! - Hey sweetie you've done AMAZINGLY well!!! Why worry? You've lost 45pounds! What was the other option again?....Oh yeah....put on at least 10!!! How many people can say that have done that EVER let alone in one year.

Yay for you I say! :carrot: Gotta love that carrot's moves!

My booze free (mostly) week has paid off...1 pound down...am now the proud loser of 50 pounds! Hurrah! Should I be peed off that it's not 70? :dizzy:

Yay for us I say.

dalai_lala
11-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Woo hoo! Fifty is nifty! Congratulations....

-Lala

coley144
11-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey Lala - you seen that doc yet? How did it go?

I'm still wavering around the 50 mark...have stopped drinking alcohol...except at weekends but even then am hardly drinking any. Have been STARVING which tends to imply that I am burning some fat off. I tend to get hungry before I lose - its my body trying to force me to eat. Anyway my average calories have dropped at least 100 a day so that's gotta have some effect.

It does make me panic a bit though if every pound is going to be an almighty struggle. I'm down around 1250-1300 a day now and still weigh 253! I can't drop much more so I'm wondering whether to just carry on with the diet and see where I end up. Its having goals in mind that drive me crazy. At the moment if I drop 2 pounds a month its a good one! But, as I keep reminding myself, 2 pounds a month adds up over time!

Its not that I don't like the diet - I do. I don't even have a problem with being on it forever. My problem is wanting to be perfect. I read about people on here dropping 100 pounds in a year and I think 'Why on earth can't my body do that?' It really annoys me, to be honest, when I'm struggling for every last pound.

Well at least its friday which means I can have a glass of wine! :carrot:

and after that impromptu rant..how are you?