Support Groups - Beat The Bulge Chat~Game 7!!

View Full Version : Beat The Bulge Chat~Game 7!!

Wide in Winnipeg
08-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi! And welcome to all the "newbies" to the game!! Time to kick some butt!!Hope you all enjoy the game and stick to it!!!
This is our chat thread and where we ask questions, the other thread is "Beat The Bulge Points" thread where we list our points, some of us do it daily and some wait till the end of the week,I find it's easier to do it daily myself!
All you have to do is post and then "edit" when you want to add to it!
Good luck to everyone!:carrot:

Wide in Winnipeg
08-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Welcome to :
REDEFINITION~
brook26~JennyDee25~TiffyTaffy~
luflic~
TupperwareMom~
PinkSnowDays~dfant80~
Canadian Mom~aslimmerme~
ghokanson~AmberKay~Shawnamom~
JasonsLea~
MyOwnSaboteur~newmom34~Losing4another~Mouse~
and grandslamgirlAND WendyinCA

LadyFirelyght
08-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Welcome all newbies! Great to have you aboard :D I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how my extra-careful eating this week has paid off!

On a related note, yesterday I wore some pants that were very tight on me when I weighed 180 pounds.

http://www.lifebylydia.info/randomimages/me/cap_173.jpg

Tight no more.

JasonsLea
08-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the reminder Wendy! Ready to jump in and start kicking some ***! WOOT!

Wow Lydia! Congrats!

JasonsLea
08-06-2006, 10:02 PM
I love lollypops! I had the most horrific craving for sugar today. I was THIS close to eating a Twinky or some ice cream but I resisted. The craving went away then came back several times. Finally I went and begged my mama for one of her coveted suckers. She gave me one thank god and the craving FINALLY went away (for only 1 pt)! YES!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I had a great weekend. I did really good Saturday! Where is every one?

Who's ready to play!!!!!

Ok I am going to have my boob job this week on Wen. I may not be able to do lots of working out but I am going to keep my eating good!! So lets get going on this new game!

JasonsLea
08-06-2006, 10:55 PM
May I ask what you're having done? I was thinking of maybe getting a lift and reduction. My boobies are big and they already sag....lord knows how low they're going to be once I lose all the weight!

jelynn
08-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Hey everyone! I'm back and ready to be serious...again. I suck, I know. But all I can do is try try again right?? Anyway- I am going to weigh in the morning and see where I really am...I know I'm up a little bit. But that just means more points when I lose it, right?? LOL :D

Wide in Winnipeg
08-07-2006, 01:45 AM
LOL!! Welcome back Emily!!

ArtsyGirl
08-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Morning gals-nice to start a new game. I am ready to play and even though we are all winners, I'm out for the most points this week!!!!!!

emily-I love your new avatar!!!! How cool. I'm glad you're back at it.

La3y-Hope your boobies heal up quickly.

Lydia-You're fricking awesome!!! I'm so happy for you and your way to big jeans!

Shari-good job controlling your sugar craving. Those are the worst for me and I give in way to often.

Well, my run is up to 34 minutes this morning. It was a tad warm/humid, but nothing to terrible. It felt pretty good but I got a side stitch at about 20 minutes. I tried a pressure/breathing technique while I kept running and thankfully it went away. I'm running another 5K on the 19th. I am super excited.

I'm participating in the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk this coming weekend. I'm on the route safety crew and will ride my bike along side the walkers and make sure they are safe at busy intersections and trails. I'm so looking forward to this. I did it last year, and walked the year previous and it is an amazing experience. I leave at 6 am on Thursday so I'll be away from the boards for a few days, but my exercise points will be sky high on those days!!!!!

Well, I have lots to get done today so I'm off. Have a great Monday!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-07-2006, 09:12 AM
May I ask what you're having done? I was thinking of maybe getting a lift and reduction. My boobies are big and they already sag....lord knows how low they're going to be once I lose all the weight!
Well cause of lot of computer work I have back pain....I went to my doctor and he told me that I may want to get the reduction to help with the pain. I started back in Jan.....I did luck out my ins is paying for it....woohoo! You may want to talk to you doctor about it.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks so much Brandy!!! I do too....I dont want yall to get to far ahead of me on points....lol

Lydia.....GREAT JOB!!!!! YOU LOOK HOT!!!!!

emily...Jump right back in here....you can do this!

Rosario
08-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone!!!

I'm excited for this new game. I hope it's just what I need to kick it up a notch!!!

Lydia-WOW!!

La3y-it's boob job time already? I hope everything goes well. Good Luck!!

Brandy-I have always wanted to do one of those. Atlanta is going to be having an AIDS walk soon. I soo want to try it. Maybe I'll follow in your footsteps!!!

Emily--welcome back. i hope you can stick with this game, as it does really help!! ( i need to get back into it too!!!)

Shari-:Welcome: that's great that you resisted your urges. you know what works too? jolly ranchers. I don;t know how many points they have, but if you are craving sugar, they sure hit the spot.

Bad, Bad weekend for me...so I'm on to good eating/water/excercise this week.

Come on gals, Let's make this the best game ever!!!!

See ya later!

aslimmerme
08-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Good morning ladies,
Here we go. Good luck to all for a fabulous week. I have already had almost 40oz of water. Not going to the gym today...too much to do here at the house but I can walk on my treadmill while the baby gets her nap later.

Happy Point Collecting--
Sherrie

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-07-2006, 10:51 AM
WOW 40oz!!!! I got to get a move on this.....How old is the baby?

jelynn
08-07-2006, 12:02 PM
So far so good...I knew rejoining this game would be a good thing for me. I've already had 32 oz of water instead of my morning diet coke...
I weighed in at 225 on the dot- I have *got* to get to under 215 and stay there instead of messing around with the same pounds over and over again! lol
Anyway- feeling motivated, we can do it :)

Rosario
08-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Does bowling count as excercise????

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-07-2006, 12:21 PM
I think anything other than sitting down should be counted! lol

Wide in Winnipeg
08-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Morning!! This is what I like to see!Day 1 of the game and already on page 2!Yippee!
Haven't done much yet today but I'll be working on it later on. Food is good though,usually is!
Have a great day!
Where are all our newbies???Better hunt them down:D

Wide in Winnipeg
08-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Hope everyone is out ther exercising!!!!!!!!

aslimmerme
08-07-2006, 03:02 PM
The baby, Maggie, is almost 15 months old. I have an 8 year old and a 6 year old. They are back in school today. I drink alot, so it might as well be water instead of the diet sodas. How is everyone else doing this afternoon.

Sherrie

aslimmerme
08-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Help clear up a little confusion---about the points. It says 2 points for every pound and inch lost. Is that 2 points for every pound and 2 points for every inch or just 2 points for every pound and inch together? I know I just futher confused myself..............lol. Maybe my brain is waterlogged already.

Thanks,
Sherrie

aslimmerme
08-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Where is everyone? Just here to say that I just finished my 64oz of water for my point----woohoo. Dont think I'll make it to another 64--gurgle. Had lunch on the run--that is my downfall usually. You ladies will have to keep me in line. I have my 20 year high school reunion in three weeks. I want to feel good about me. This contest will help a lot.

Sherrie

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Sherrie I have a 10year old and a 7 year old.....I have had my frist 64oz and starting on my next 64....I will be waterloged by the time I go home today.....lol

As far a where is every one it gets slow durin the day....If you want to chat just pm me.....I am online most of the day.

canadian mom
08-07-2006, 03:48 PM
my weight this week will be up "aunt flo" is here visiting so I will not be losing until next week. It has taken awhile to post I have been finishing unpacking we moved the first of july and I still have boxes( just husbands junk and my books left now unti i get storage containers for my girls) . I went to the mother in laws yesterday so I was cleaning up after my daughter birthday party on saturday plus trying to catch up on housework today.Technicly i haven't worked out today yet but i haven't sat long. I am going to try to work out tonight if i do i will post..... I have had br. &lunch and 2 healthy snacks no water thought................so so far only 3 points

Wide in Winnipeg
08-07-2006, 04:00 PM
It's 2 points for every pound and/or inch!!
I'm ususally around here all day also since I work out of the home,I'm constantly checking in;)

I'll be heading out of town for an undetermined length of time on Wednesday,hopefully be back on Saturday but maybe not till the following Saturday.
Until then you are stuck with me...:D
catch ya later!

aslimmerme
08-07-2006, 04:41 PM
this is just me trying to figure out how some of this stuff works. I tried to change the color on my points page while I iwas making it, and it didnt take. Wonder if it will this time?

Sherrie

aslimmerme
08-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm a stay at home mom, so I'm home alot too. I try to get to the gym early in the morning--thats when they have childcare. My older kids just went back to school this week, so the baby and i will be working on a new schedule. I'm working on my second 64oz but not sure I'll get it all down.

Sherrie

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-07-2006, 05:00 PM
I can get up to 4 points on my water....trust me it get easyer as you go along...Me I am at work now...shhhh dont tell I do this all day...lol

They think I work...lol

I do a at home workout. I walk on a tread mill and I swim alot....

Well it time for me to go home I will check in later...

aslimmerme
08-07-2006, 05:59 PM
I worked out at home today. I have some dumbbells and a treadmill. Mostly today I danced around to CMT in between doing my sets with the dumbbells--it was arms and chest day. Tomorrow is lower body day. I still may walk on the treadmill or go jump on the trampoline with my kiddos.

Sherrie

jelynn
08-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey Sherrie!
I have an 8 and almost 6 year old too. (As well as a 3 and almost 2 year old) I just noticed that we are close to the same weight and we must be close to the same age too- I just turned 37....my 20 reunion will be next year. Anyway- anytime you want to chat, just hollar! I am online a lot during the day too. My older kids still have another month before school starts again...will I survive?! LOL
Do you have boys or girls?

PinkSnowDays
08-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey ladies!! This is my first BTB Game and what an active group you have going here! I can't wait to get to know you all better. Just as a heads up I'm here and playing but am in the process of a move so won't be around regularly untill next weekend for sure! Take care!!

JasonsLea
08-07-2006, 11:03 PM
I hope everyone had a good day today. I did okay. My blood sugar level went WAY down around 8:30. I was shaking and stuff. Luckily, I saw my mama in on one of the floors while I was delivering a patient's tray and she gave me some money to get something and after I got off, I went to the canteen and brought packets of those snack crackers for the rest of the week. I forgot that I have to eat every three hours. I haven't been and I think that is why my weight loss has been non existant. That and the horrible eating. LOL

azalea1969
08-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Hi everyone!! Thanks to a friend for leading me to this website. I am very new to this site and this game. I have a personal question to ask to anyone. If you happened to gain 2 lbs of the normal water weight due to TOM would you make it as a gain on your weight tracker? I gained 2 lbs water since yesterday and would hate to use that weight for the start of this game. What would you do?

I look foward to getting to know everyone. Good luck everyone !

JasonsLea
08-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Welcome! It's your personal choice. Alot of us don't record water gain cause you'll just lose it as soon as TOM is over.

ArtsyGirl
08-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Happy Tuesday!!!

If I could just repeat what I did yesterday all the time, I'd be doing great. Everything seemed to click yesterday. Dont ya just love days like that?

Went 4 miles this morning and it was beautiful:running: . Such a nice temperature out, and I had lots of energy after a good nights sleep. I'm going to try to get in another workout later today as well.

It sounds like all of us are off to a great start for this game! Hope we can all keep up the momentum. I've got some more errands to finish today as well as an eye appointment. It should be a fairly relaxed day which is always helpful.

Craig and I went for a bike ride last night and went down a road we've never been on before. That doesnt sound all that weird until you figure that we both grew up in this tiny town, and this road is only about 3 miles from where we currently live. Its a seasonal road and only open 4 months of the year. Anyways, fields on both sides, but lots of birds to watch. It was a nice ride.

Have a great one.

aslimmerme
08-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Good morning-- I have two girls, and one boy. The boy is the oldest. I turned 38 this year. Hard to believe sometimes. When I got the info in the mail about the reunion, I had a few bad days. It's like it was now on paper that I was getting older..............lol. That, and I loved school. It was such a social event for me, and now I sometimes feel trapped at the house longing for the outside world.............lol. Not all the time mind you. I love being able to stay at home with my kids, and thank God that I can. Anyway, didnt mean to take off in that direction this morning. It's almost time for Maggie's nap, so Im gonna get on the treadmill soon.

Happy Drinking Ya'll,

Sherrie

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-08-2006, 10:06 AM
OH yea I dont put any water gain on my tracker!!!!

Hey every one!!!! (waves)

I love all the new ladies here it took me some time to read all the talk!!!lol

Shari watch that sugar!!! you take care of you....your health is most important.

Pink I hope that move goes good for you! I hate to move....pack and unpack!!! ugg!!!

Sherrie and Emily sounds like you ladies have a great goal to set looking hot for that class reunion.....Sherrie I am close to the same age as you..I am only a few years older....I cant help it.....please forgive me.....its a small world after all!!! OMG now I have that song in my head!!! I am sorry ladies...

Well its time for me to work. Check in later!

ArtsyGirl
08-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Rosario-Good job on the exercise yesterday!!!! Isn't it great to get rejuvinated with so many new players in the game?!

I've got 6 exercise points again for today!!! It feels so good to be this enthusiastic again. Thanks ladies!

Rosario
08-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Brandy-it really wasn't conventinal excercise. Bowling and shooting hoops at Jillian's. but i did feel like I got a workout from both!!!

hey everyone!!!

I am so exhausted today. we stayed out late last night and I just want to go home and crawl back under the covers. I don't know if I'll get any excercise tonight. I really should start walking on my lunch again, but it's just so hot and humid outside, it's suffocating. I really don't want to pass out outside.

Food is another story.

But everyone seems to be doing really well and that has got me pumped up a bit (I want points too!!!). Keep up the hard work everyone!!!

See ya around!

sotypical
08-08-2006, 12:36 PM
OMG where have I been! We are 3 pages into game 7 and I am just showing up now? Maybe this game I can start getting exercise points in... I think chasing a puppy around the house should count for a point or two, haha

sotypical
08-08-2006, 12:38 PM
WELCOME all the new players! It's lots of fun and sure helped keep me on track... well except the last game I started slipping :( BAD COURTNIE!

Wide in Winnipeg
08-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Just about to jump on the stationary bike for awhile, then I have a tonne of things to do yet today! Glad to see everyone so motivated!

sotypical
08-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Just about to jump on the stationary bike for awhile, then I have a tonne of things to do yet today! Glad to see everyone so motivated!

Congrats for getting on that bike! Mine has started to collect dust....

azalea1969
08-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the advice for the water gain. I am looking to lose weight for myself but also for my 20 yr reunion next June and being the Maid of Honor in my friends wedding.

keep up the great work everyone!

:dust:

aslimmerme
08-08-2006, 03:59 PM
woohoo two miles on the treadmill.......i seem to do better when at the gym but at least i did it!!!!! time for more water.....drink-drink- drink
keep up the great work ladies

Sherrie

Rosario
08-08-2006, 04:30 PM
GO Sherrie!!!! :carrot:

aslimmerme
08-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks Rosario--By the way, I love to visit your city. I have fond memories there, and I am a big BRAVES fan.

Sherrie

LadyFirelyght
08-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Wow, today has been HORRIBLE as far as eating is concerned. It all started off with me sampling the chicken biscuit that we started carrying today. I ate half of one even though I didn't like it, I was so hungry. I had half a turkey sandwich (on wheat, the only good thing I ate today) with no mayo, only mustard. Then throughout the day I snacked on little bits of chicken selects that happened to fall in my path :P After work, my nephew was eating chicken selects and a double cheeseburger, and I stole half of one of his selects and several of his fries. Just now I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And I'm still so hungry :(

canadian mom
08-08-2006, 07:23 PM
I didn't much exersicing done first day of "aunt flow" so I am lucky I am still concious .well at least I got 35 mins in..........oh and i gave in and a piece of cake but it was gooood.

JasonsLea
08-09-2006, 01:42 AM
So today was EXTREMELY stressful. I can't get into details right now since it's after midnight and I SO need to get to bed, but basically two of my head supervisors were being *******s. But they are soon going to learn that I am not the one! I document everything so I WANT them to try me! Anyway, I left furious and the first thing I thought of was candy and Taco Bell. But you know what I did? I sat in the car and ate my usual sandwich then ONE WW mint chocolate. I was still pissed and of course still was craving so instead of heading over to Taco Bell...I went to sleep. Yep, I pushed that seat back and went to sleep! I woke up like thirty minutes later as my mama was calling my cell and she let me SCREAM at her about my shitty day. I felt better, not craving, but I was making excuses for not going to the gym. As I was making the excuses, I was getting changed into my gym clothes in the back seat. Then I kept telling myself over and over and over again 242, 242, 242, 242 ,242 as I got out the car and walked out the parking garage. Why? Because my WI for today came in at 242.6 Next thing you know, I'm off the bus in front of the gym. I let myself think again about my *****y sups, got angry again, and spent the next hour lifting more weight than I have EVER lifted and half jogging on the threadmill. And yes, I DO feel pretty damn good.

ArtsyGirl
08-09-2006, 07:26 AM
:dance: HAPPY HUMP DAY!! :dance:

Shari-Great job turning a possible gorge fest into good choices and a great aggresion relieving workout!!!! I'm sure you're feeling a lot better today than you would've if you'd given into temptation! Good luck with the work situation. Sometimes I'm so happy that I work for myself. Even though I don't make much, at least I don't deal with others crap getting passed down on me. :hot:

canadianmom-35 minutes is far from no exercise. Good job! :cheer:

Lydia-1 day of not eating perfectly isn't going to get you off track. :mcd: Today is a brand new day and you've been doing so well. I'm sure you'll be back to normal by the time you read this.

Sherrie-great job on the treadmill. :woops:

Courtnie-Dust that bike off girl!!!!:drill:

Wendy-Great job on the biking!:bike:

Rosario-unconventional exercise is usually the most fun! I hope you made it through yesterday without falling asleep at your desk!

I did a 22 minute run and got just over 2.5 miles in. I was trying to go faster than my usual pace, but only got slightly faster. I've got a week before my next 5K, and I really want to be a little faster than the last race. I also finished the walk to total 4.5 miles this morning.

I leave tomorrow at 6 for the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk!!!!:flow2: I am so excited. Its going to be so much fun. I'm working safety crew (riding my bike alongside the walkers) and my aunt is walking. It'll be her birthday on Saturday and I have all kinds of things to decorate our tent and make her wear on her special day. I'll be gone all weekend and I'm sure I'll post all about it on Monday.

Have a terrific day ladies. Keep up all the hard work!

aslimmerme
08-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Good morning all! When do we officially weigh in--on Sunday or Monday. I cant keep myself off of the scales on most days, so I just need to know when to record it on here. Have a great day everyone, I'll be back later. It's off to the gym for these chubby thighs...........lol

Sherrie

Rosario
08-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Morning everyone.

Now that everything is back to normal, I should be able to at least try and get some excercise in. The only thing today is that we have to go grocery shopping and that is so time consuming. Yuck!!! We also have to go pay some bills and return some stuff and then I still have to come home and cook. There just aren't enough hours in the day. I really should wake up early in the am, but that is just too hard for me!! But no more excuses, I must excercise tonite!!!!

Sherrie-Weigh in on whatever day you'd like. I personally weigh in on Monday mornings. I don't like the Braves. I'm a California girl. DODGERS all the way!!!

Lydia-you have been doing so well, so don't let one day of bad eating throw you off track. Just forget about it and move on!

Canadian mom-35 minutes is way better than a big fat 0 minutes. Keep going girl!!

Shari-that's awesome that you didn't give in to your cravings, especially when you were stressing out. And your excercse points yesterday rocked!! Woohoo!!

Brandy-the Breast cancer walk sounds like lots of fun. Great job on your run. I hope your times get faster.

La3y-I think today is your surgery day. I'll say a prayer for you. Good Luck!!!

Yikes!! Scale was up this morning. I don't even want to say where it's at. I better get moving.

Chat with ya'll later :wave:

aslimmerme
08-09-2006, 12:20 PM
ok guys, this is working for me. 45 minutes on the treadmill and 40 minutes of weights and stretching boy i need a nap now. im working on my second water point already woohoo come on ladies where are all the chatters how is everyone doing today so far

Sherrie

Wide in Winnipeg
08-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Howdy! I have nothing to say about exercise or diet right now as I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off! I am getting ready to go on a little road trip and won't be back till around Sunday.
Sure is going to be fun with a 2 year old in the back seat! At least I went out and bought a portable DVD for him in case he gets to bored! I'm hoping it will keep him entertained for a couple hours anyway!
Better go and get a meal in, haven't had anything yet and I'm starved!
B4N!!!

Rosario
08-09-2006, 04:15 PM
I loooove road trips. Me and my bf did Los angeles to atlanta a little more than a year ago and it was the best. We're gonna go on a little on in about 5 weeks--only 6 hours though (fingers crossed).

So today started off good but then took a really bad turn. I ate something so bad and now I just want to go throw up. I feel too full and bloated. I will definitely be working out tonight. i'm kind of scared though, since it's been so long. I have forgotten what it feels like!!!

ArtsyGirl
08-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey Rosario-I don't think you can forget how to work out. You may bugger up some moves if you're doing an aerobics tape, but as long as you're moving and trying that's all that matters. Put the bad food behind you and move on! I hope you have fun tonight and the bloat goes away soon.

sotypical
08-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Rosario - you not alone, my only work out is walking up and down the stairs to take Keiko outside. I just eat less - I told myself if I wanna eat more I gotta exercise... and I don't wanna exercise, haha.

JasonsLea
08-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Today was okay, not eventful BUT SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!!!! YES! My little brother and sister are out the door! *evil laugh*

LadyFirelyght
08-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Two days of poor eating have done a number on my stomach. Today, back to healthful eating!

Last night was... disappointing, to say the least. I'd been planning on going bowling with some girls from work for a couple weeks. We ended up not going because most of the girls couldn't make it, and the one that could wasn't allowed to drive me to the bowling alley because she's one of my managers (something about other employees seeing it as favoritism or some crap). Neither of us knew about this rule until we met up at work and another manager told her this (she's only been working there a couple months).

I suffer from social anxiety, so I have a LOT of trouble just working up the courage to talk to people half the time. I have no friends outside of work, and I've only hung out with a couple people there outside of the work environment once. So today, I'm feeling blue :(

Wide in Winnipeg
08-10-2006, 08:26 AM
:( AAWWW Lydia, that sucks! I hope you are able to get out with your friends soon, Hun!
Well, I'm off in about an hour, theres a thunder storm here and I hate driving in the rain:mad: for some reason I get nervous! I'll take it slow though.
Have a great weekend everyone,get the exercise in. Absolutly no reason to sluff off because you don't have to work!!
Cheers big ears! LOL!:p :D ;)

Rosario
08-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Brandy-hOpe you're having fun at the Breast Cancer Walk. Good Luck!!!

Rosario
08-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Lydia- i don't think that's true about your manager. as long as you guys aren't on the clock, you are pretty much free to do whatever you want ( a romantic relationship between a regular crew person and someone in a management position is a different story) I worked there for a year and my cousin was a 2nd assistant and she always hung out with girls we worked with adn drove them around. I don't know why that manager said that that was not appropriate.

sotypical
08-10-2006, 11:15 AM
I agree Lydia - I see nothing wrong with it. I think someone just wanted to be a B*TCH and ruin your fun. Don't let it get you down. I don't really have any friends either, just my boyfriend and my puppy so I know how you feel. It sucks - I wish I had a girlfriend or two.

aslimmerme
08-10-2006, 11:18 AM
I dont believe it myself--but I feel so good after my workout this morning. I walked for 50 minutes and because I had friend to work out with, I did weights and stretching for another hour or better. Laughing should count as exercise, we did a lot of that. Hope everyone is having a great morning. Lydia, sorry your evening didnt go as planned. Youve always got us to talk to. Have a great day everyone.

Sherrie

azalea1969
08-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone. I've been a little quiet lately. I have been really tired this week. Not sure if it has something to do with my sinuses acting crazy or my cat waking me up throughout the night. :lol: I feel happier today than last week's water gain. My pants feel really loose today. :carrot: My break is up so I will have to write more later. Keep up the great work everyone !

Linda

canadian mom
08-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Well i was doing good today until my mom brought my oldest 2 home from a tour of the chocolate factory ( in st. stephen for any maritimres that know what I am talking about) .She brougt home a box of chocolates a big bag of jelly beans chocolate covered marshmellows and some maple fudge. All I had was the maple fudge . The box of chocolates r calling my name though And so far I am resisting. I just thank godness that they didn't bring any Laura Secord home.........

Lydia that doesn't sound right ...maybe the other person is just a trouble maker....my sister was an assistant manager and could hang out with whom she choose too....they went all wennt out with 1 of the managers sometimes even hung out at her house.

LadyFirelyght
08-10-2006, 07:46 PM
maybe the other person is just a trouble maker....
The person was the district manager, so I somehow doubt he was doing it as a practical joke. But yeah, we all decided that after next payday we're going to do it again and just not meet up at work. After all, what business is it of theirs what we do on our own time?

Eating today was MUCH improved. I ate before breakfast (whole-grain cereal). I was tempted to eat a biscuit this morning, but I pushed through it until I got my break and had a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread (low-fat mayo). Had peas and corn as a snack after work and homemade pizza (with TONS TONS TONS of fresh veggies!) for dinner. I don't feel bad about the pizza because it's all fresh ingredients, no preservatives, healthier cheeses and sauces, and literally half a cup of vegetables on the pieces I had. I think I'll end the evening with a glass of water and a creamsicle (70 calories... come on!). Not horrible eating, I'd say. Not as bad as eating McDonald's :P

JasonsLea
08-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Good girl Lydia! I'm like you, I have severe social anxiety. I usually hang out with the same two or three people. I don't even have a boyfriend. Hopefully after I lose the weight and get comfortable in my skin, I will be more outgoing.

JennyDee25
08-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Wow...we are on page 5 and I am just checking IN!!!!! LOL I've been busy looking after my grandmother and I am homesick; 8 hours a way from my kiddies and boyfriend! But I am helping out here and my grandmother has helped me out so much in the past I MUST SUCK IT UP!!!! Last week I did not do good eating wise or exercising! This week is getting better!

I need to do this for me and I will get there! i'm so down & out right NOW! Aunt FLO has popped up out of no where! A huge surprise...I feel bloated, and yucky!

I should go for a run I'm doing the couch to 5k challenge from coolrunning.com. Gotta finish week 1 today!

jelynn
08-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Just updated my points...definitely not in this game to win- LOL. But I'm determined not to go AWOL again so I'm just going to have to live with it :p
It's just ended up being a crazy busy week and I need to re-asses where I can get the exercising in before school starts! I know it will be easier once they go back...but I still have 3 weeks before that!
Foodwise...just eating too much, but it could be worse I suppose. hanging in there.

Rosario
08-11-2006, 01:23 PM
no, emily, do not go awol again. look at me. sometimes I get 0 points for the day but I still come here and post and al. helps keep me motivated.

So far I am doing good on food. But it's only 1:30 so who know what'll happen. good thing is there is no food here at work excet for some strawberries. I am going to be soo good this weekend because I am not liking wha the scale ha sbeen saying lately. Good food and excercise!!! But like I always say, it's always easier said than done.

HAve a great day everyone. Chat with ya later.

LadyFirelyght
08-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I got my GED!!!!!!!!!!

Scores:

Language Arts, Writing - 93%
Social Studeis - 92%
Science - 93%
Language Arts, Reading - 99%
Mathematics - 62%

I cried when I got behind closed doors

aslimmerme
08-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Emily--Dont give up--sometimes it just takes time--sucky but true:hug:
Lydia--Way to go lady congrats:carrot:

I had a fast food lunch today with friends, but did good for the rest of the day. I have started to try and have supper before 7pm. I am also going to try to get two cardios in a couple of days a week. The scales seem to be stuck, so maybe that will help. Havent dont very well on the water today, but I havent been out of the car much today either. Will definitely do better on that tomorrow. How is everyone else doing? Lets get a move on and fill up page 6.

Sherrie;)

JasonsLea
08-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Don't go Emily!

YAY Lydia! I'm proud of you!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-12-2006, 02:59 AM
Hey every one!
I made it back!!! I am a little sore but I am still hanging in there.
Looks like everyone is doing good. I will check in a little later. Have a great day....

aslimmerme
08-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey ladies,
Where is everyone? How's Saturday going? At least I got my exercise in. My food for the day has not been as good as it should be. But I am still drinking the water. Hope to hear from more of you soon.

Sherrie

JennyDee25
08-12-2006, 07:19 PM
hello!

Well today I went out for lunch with my grandmother...she is doing so good but she was craving Smittys pancakes...lol so we went there. I did not over indulge...I ordered soup & a salad and it can with a slice of cheese bread! But still way better than cheeseburger and fries...something I probably would have ordered any other day!

I need to do good for me in the long run not for the moment! :D

I also went for my walk/run 20 mins and did my ab workout! YAH TOO ME!!!!! My water isn't so good yet....actually to think of it I did drink all my water! Yah too me!!!!!

WOOT WOOT TOOT TOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyFirelyght
08-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Yesterday... what an emotional day.

I got a call from a guy I work with who I've been friends with since the day I started. I hadn't seen him in a week and a half, and yesterday I realized this fact. I promptly checked the schedule and, lo and behold, his name wasn't on it anymore :(! That really, really bummed me out, though I knew that he was going to quit eventually (he was in the process of getting a better job), but I didn't know that it would be so soon. I'd given him my number a month ago, but he never called me. Now with him being gone from work, I was sure I'd never hear from him again.

But he called me yesterday to tell me what was going on. We talked for three hours. This guy, I have no interest in him romantically (especially since I already have a very very serious boyfriend), but I have been VERY interested in being better friends with him. Have you ever met someone that you feel is nearly a mirror image of yourself? That's what this guy's like. I feel like I've known him my entire life, and I feel close to him even though I've only known him for a month and a half. It's completely bizarre, but I feel like he could really become one of the best friends I've ever had.

Why am I saying all this? I have no clue. I just, for some reason, felt compelled to share and wondered if anyone else has ever had a similar experience.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Hello every one..I am still in pain. but I still hanging in...just checking in....

canadian mom
08-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Well I didn't resist the chocolates the other night my husband got them down and I just couldn't say no. I went up a pound from that but I am back down now. I don't think I will make my august goal. I have been stuck at 150 and cannot lose anymore.This is a pain in the @$$.

JasonsLea
08-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Lydia, nothing like that has ever happened to me that I can remember.

PinkSnowDays
08-14-2006, 02:35 AM
Hey ladies I'm back!!! Finally finished moving and have reliable internet back. Settled and into my new place!! Loving it!! Kept track of my points still though... aye... off to a rocky start but it can only go up!! Looks like you all are on your way to success even with bumps in the road. I'll catch up on the chatter soon and be back!!

JasonsLea
08-14-2006, 02:52 AM
Welcome back Pink!

canadian mom
08-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Well I have lost an inch I guess that is better than losing a pound but I am still fluctuating between 150 and 151 I am stuck . I have boosted up exercing now I guess I will have to cut my calories back even more. The last time i got stuck I did what I am doing now but it is not working this time. Anyone else having or had this problem? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosario
08-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Great job everyone. Wow, with all those temptations out there it seems like we're doing good. Don't let those minor indulgences set us back ladies. We can do this.

I'm down 1.8 pounds. Woo hoo!!! And as you can tell by my points for last week, I was not working my butt off. I can't wait to see what the scale says next week as I plan to do some serious damage this week!!!!

Have a great day ladies. Chat with ya later!!!

PinkSnowDays
08-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Back on the scale today and I have lost 0 pounds.... but I also didn't gain any. With the move I think I overate and had take out at leaest once a day if not more and figured I had gained a few pounds back from eating and stress but looks like the little exercise I sneaked in helped!! Never have I been so happy to not have a change in weight! This week I will kick it in turbo gear!

sotypical
08-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Looks like everyone is doing great :) I am down a pound for last week! yaaaah! :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent mine on my compuer making Keiko's website.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-14-2006, 11:47 AM
:tired: Morning ladies! I'm home but I'll have to check in later.....I need a nap!

aslimmerme
08-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Hello ladies,
Didnt do so good on Sunday, but all in all I had a good week. Looks everyone is off to a positive start. Hang in there ladies, this is for nobody else but us, and we deserve it. Walked/jogged for an hour on the treadmill this morning, and did my weights and stretching. I cant believe how much better I am feeling even right after sweating my bottom off........lol. Have a great Monday everyone.

Sherrie

Rosario
08-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Oh..i am so trying to fight the urge of stopping at Wendys for a burger and fries. I am hungry!!!! But no I can't...i'd rather lose weight than eat all that wonderful, delicious food. I hope I can hold off til home where I can get something healthier!! And then i have a tennis date. Do I really want to waste all that excercise. Not really.

Hope you all have a great night.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Amazingly enough I did OK at eating out at the restaurant for 4 days in a row. I gained 2 pounds but I'm thinking it's all water weight as my hands are all puffed up :p I'll catch up to you all tomorrow!

JennyDee25
08-15-2006, 01:12 AM
Hello everyone! So my weigh in was good I was down 2.5 lbs from my grandmother's scale....I will really know how I am doing once I am back home...which will be wednesday morning! I can't wait!

Wendy~Did you have a good trip to snow lake? How were the roads? I guess I will have to try and meet up with you the next time I'm here as I am going back home tomorrow night! And I have to do chores for g-ma in the morning!

Keiko's mommy~ I just had to comment..on the 24 season....Really addicting aren't they?! My boyfriend and I had the season 1 for a year, he got them when he was working at Rogers Video for FREE because they were promoting the show so they gave their staff free copies. So we thought since it was free it would be crappy!!!!!! One day this summer we decided to watch a episode...and my bugger boyfriend got hooked and watched all the season 1 in 3 days! Krazy...I looked at buying the second season today at HMV but it was 59.99...I should be able to get it cheaper; somewhere!

Well everyone I am so proud to report that when I went shopping today I fit into a size 10 nicely & I bought the pants....they are so so cute! This is the first time I fit into a size 10 since before I had my kids..and they are 7 and 4! Wow I couldn't believe it! I had to ask the salesperson if they looked okay and if I needed a bigger size..and she said no they actually look really good on you!!!!! WOOT WOOT SIZE 10...<------as I'm doing a little dance :carrot:
I was so so happy! I bought a bunch of clothes today...12 shirts....my size 10 pants, 2 pairs of running shoes...1 for running and the other for my nursing shoes!!!!!!! A big money spender day...ouch...but I don't have these nice stores back home...so I over did it nicely!

HOpe everyone is doing good...this thread is rockin'!

AmberKay
08-15-2006, 03:35 AM
Jenny, congratulations! That's awesome.

Rosario, so how did you do? Fight that craving?

PinkSnowDays
08-15-2006, 04:38 AM
Hey ladies! Back on my feet again this week, ready to work out on my day off tomorrow… well part of it. Got weights on sale this week to add in when I workout at home and a new video to use with my ball… so hopefully I’ll be losin’ the pounds this week!

Thanks Shari!!
Courtnie Keiko is soooooo cute! What a great puppy mom!
Rosario was to not give into the Wendy’s and tennis too!! Looks like you are kicking it into gear this week!
Jenny! What a great shopping spree! I bet those jeans look amazing! Congrats!

canadian mom
08-15-2006, 08:03 AM
:carrot: Good for you Rosario for noy giving in to Wendy's!!!!!!!!!!!:dancer: Alright JennyDee for getting down I hope to be where you are I am down to before my last 2 kids now to get get down to before the first 2.

I have the cardio thing down now I just have to work on strenth conditioning (the part I don't like) if I want results. Does anyone have any good exercices that work for them that I could try?:hug:

Rosario
08-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Morning everyone!!

No i did not give in to Wendy's last night. I just chewed on some gum until I got home. I did get a little snack happy but I don't think I did as bad as goign to wendys (and their 1000 calorie meals)!! ALso I didn't get the tennis in because we picked up season 2 of the Sopranos and my bf wanted to watch that instead of playing with me :(!! But I still got my 40 min in of walking, so I'm happy about that. Today is a new day!! I will stick to my food plan and try to get a game of tennis in.

Canadian mom-What has worked for me inthe past are lunges, squats, leg lifts and resistance bands. My favorites are leg lifts and squats---they do wonders for your butt!!! I got all of them from the SI6 Dvds. They are awesome and you do see results!

pinksnowdays-you look like you are on your way to havign a great week!! :carrot:

JennyDee-me and my bf just got into the sopranos. So we are buying all the seasons and watching em. I don't know if you guys have Movies Stop in Canada, but you can buy them used for a good price. We paid 56 bucks last night for Season 2 brand new, but if they had had a used copy it only would of been 35 bucks. Big difference, huh? Check out a store that sells used DVD's, maybe Blockbuster? That's awesome about the shopping. Good for you!!!

Wendy-I finally did Start it Up over the weekend. but it left me so sore i haven't done it since :(.

Have a great day ladies!!!

aslimmerme
08-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Good morning ladies,
Good to see everyone is doing so well. I just love coming here and reading about little victories and great shopping trips. Dont we all just love great shopping trips. Got my exercise in this morning already, and my food is usually good until the late afternoon and evening. Any suggestions how to keep from blowing it late in the day? I am working so hard, and I know that if the food points were better, I would see more results. Have a great Tuesday everyone. Keep up the good work.

Sherrie

Wide in Winnipeg
08-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Rosario~ Keep doing the tape!!! It gets better as you go along, Debbie says"don't give up" and she means it!
JennyDee~ That sucks!! I wanted to meet you!The roads are great also,I hear they have been working on the road between Grand Rapids and Ponton for 2 years already!Thats Crazy!
Well, better get some lunch on the go, Chat later everyone!

JennyDee25
08-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Yah Wendy...I hear yah...I wanted to meet Yah! I am almost all packed here and ready to head to the bus depot later on! ANd off I go! i'm really excited though...I can't wait to see my kids! And my man!

LadyFirelyght
08-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Wow, what a stressful couple of days this has been. Work has been insane and I've not been sleeping well. Ah well, at least I've been eating fairly well (PLEASE make my boss stop making me bake cookies at work!) for the most part. I had an urge to get some chicken nuggets from work today, but I resisted. I opted for a Pria bar instead. Not the best thing to eat, but definitely healthier than the alternative!

JasonsLea
08-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Hi all! Congrats to all those who lost and who resisted!

Okay so TOM came yesterday and with him, water weight. WI today was 248 but screw that, I'm not changing my ticker when I KNOW it's water weight.

OMG today was SO kickass! Here's the blog I wrote about it:

I DROVE all the way from downtown Birmingham to the Superwalmart in Bessemer and back BY MYSELF! HA! Booyah! See when I got off work today, I went to the parking garage to eat my lunch like I usually do. I had been planning on going to Walmart to get some stuff and I was getting ready to leave and get on the bus when my mama called me. She asked if I minded staying in downtown till 6 because she had her Toastmasters meeting at 5. So of course I said yes because I had no way to get home (I mean, the bus doesn't run through PG). She asked me what I was going to do for the next couple of hours and I told her that I was going to Walmart cause I can spends months up in Walmart. So she was like okay and we hung up. I was tired and since we weren't leaving until 6, that gave me plenty of time to catch a quick nap (in which I had the freakiest dream; that's in another blog). So I napped for like an hour and when I woke up, it was about to storm. I got the umbrella out the trunk and started to leave the parking deck when for some reason, I just thought 'I should drive.' I didn't even think about it, I just went back upstairs, started the car, and left. Boom. Didn't even think. I drove myself to Walmart, PARKED between TWO cars, did my shopping, backed out the parking lot without hitting anyone or thing, drove to my dad's house in Bessemer, drove to Rally's, went to the gas station and put gas in my mama's car, then went back to the parking deck. When I got back, it was like 5:48 and the parking deck was empty so I decided to practice backing into the parking space. I got it right after the second time. **** YEAH! (BTW, I did all this in my mama's car but she doesnt know because she will TOTALLY kill me, so for those who know my mama, keep this on the down low, k?) I told my mama I did all this in Nikki's car and I'm going to try to get my license this week (she had already promised that I could use her car or the truck for that). So yeah, I'm on Cloud 9!

That gave me such confidence that I was grinning from ear to ear for the rest of the day and I called my friend Sunshine and told her YES, I will go clubbing with her on Saturday! I feel great, TOM be damned!

PinkSnowDays
08-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Not a bad day overall... made some heathly choices but just can't get motivated to get a good workout in. My sleep has been off lately slowly getting worse... up till 6am last night. Gotta get my schedual under control...

Wide in Winnipeg
08-16-2006, 10:56 AM
This is a switch, I'm usually the last to post on here in the morning and today I'm the first!LOL!
Back down to my normal weight thank goodness! Next week will be a 4-6 LB. weight gain as Aunt Flo will be around next weekend.
Unsure on what RJ and I will be doing today but it looks like rain so obviously something indoors.
B4N

jelynn
08-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Hello there...checking back in. I tend to stay away when I'm not really "doing it"-- but I know that is wrong wrong wrong! LOL
Haven't really been doing it- not sure why my head isn't in it...but I haven't gained...just staying at 225. I know I'm staying up too late and that plays a huge part. Then I'm sluggish all day and downing the diet coke. I know that has to change! I know I need to exercise too...I feel better when I do...why can't I just force myself?!
ok...I'm going to commit to at least 1 exercise point today, that's a start- right?? lol

Wide in Winnipeg
08-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Yes, that is a start Jelynn!

I feel the same way today, sluggish, hope the feeling goes away soon!

Rosario
08-16-2006, 12:11 PM
I have been feeling that way too!!! I haven't been able to bring myself to work out.

I'm with you emily. At least 1 excercise point for me today, too.

:carrot:

PinkSnowDays
08-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Emily could you of described me any better? I understand completely... late nights, diet coke, no motivation... We can do this!!!

JasonsLea
08-16-2006, 06:19 PM
TOM sucks ***.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-16-2006, 08:14 PM
:D :p LOL!!!

Funny how I don't mind that part, it's the week before that gets me!!:mad:

jelynn
08-16-2006, 11:30 PM
I did it! It was 8:45 and I *still* hadn't exercised so I forced myself out the door and walked for 25 minutes! Woot! Had more water today than I've been having too. And I'm going to bed before midnight tonight.
Also had too many peanut m&ms...but overall I did pretty well today.

PinkSnowDays
08-17-2006, 01:01 AM
I ate much much better today and got a good 40oz of water in!! It gets easier as I stick to it. Ah well... lots to do and a busy day tomorrow! Night!

canadian mom
08-17-2006, 09:50 AM
I've been doing really well my exercising (my legs feel like they r gonna fall off). I wanted to add another 30 mins and most days I have done more than that . It is the calorie thing I just can't seem to keep it down to 1400. Most days I am about 1600+ (2 days I got into hubby's ju jubes) but on the other hand when I started keeping track I was over 2000, I guess I am doing a bit better.

sotypical
08-17-2006, 11:14 AM
my eating has been bad the last two days, and so has water... haven't got my 4 liters in either days, argh. We have family here from Ontario so I do good until dinner... but all well, I could be doing much worse. Last night I was only over a bit. And Monday first thing in the morning someone smashed into my boyfriends car (the guy drove in reserve) - anyway they still aren't sure if they are going to fix it or write it off... I hope they just fix it.

Anyway things are going good. Hope everyone else is doing great!

Rosario
08-17-2006, 04:38 PM
So I guess I'm not the only one having trouble with food.

I am so out of it, it's not even funny. And I might have a trip coming up so I really need to get it to together.

Brandy--where are you?!?!?!

La3y-how are you holding up????

Wide in Winnipeg
08-17-2006, 06:19 PM
me too:o

JennyDee25
08-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Hello my LADIES!

I have been having a good couple of days! It's so nice to be finally home! I love hearing the sound of Mom...mommy...mom.....can I?__________?fill in the blank!
So finally the scale reading! It was @ 172 when I came home...so I did not have to change my ticker UP! Only down the way I love it!

Me and the kids went for a walk yesterday to grandmas it took us 45 mins to get there and then we got grandma and went for another 10 min walk to get ice-cream..mmmm it was yummy! I still had points left so I indulged but then I was over...thats ok it was a nice treat! ALL IN MODERATION!
Then it took us about another 45 mins to walk back! So good! The kids loved it so much!

Now today they begged me to go for another walk! So off we went! We left @ 11:25 and went for a long long walk...then to my moms and then home! we got home @ 3:00 or so! And spent an hour at my moms including a park break! It was nice she fed us lunch...she's always great for that...I love her!
So alot of exercise today...I love IT!

Aww my four year old is being funny right now! She is trying a new flavor of yougart tubes...Caramel & she ooo it tastes gross! I dont like it! So me and my 7 year old son are trying to tell her if you take something you gotta eat it.....and Rylan told her to plug her nose and eat it...So her she goes trying to believe him that it would work...and eww it still tastes gross mommy! It was cute! Had too lmao!

Anyways I hope everyone is doing good!

PinkSnowDays
08-18-2006, 01:22 AM
What a great way to get walking in!! WTG!!! Sounds like you are on track!

ArtsyGirl
08-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Hey ladies-sorry it's taken me so long to get back. I had lots of stuff to get back to here after my long weekend at the walk.

My 3 day walk experience was incredible. I cant begin to describe the kindness and love that occurs on those events. I am already signed up to repeat this for next year. If any of you have the opportunity to participate in one of these events, you will not be disappointed. I ended up biking 100 miles over the 3 days, and got about 4 hours of exercise each day to0!!!

My eating since I've gotten back home has been terrible. I had some home party here on Wednesday, and thus had lots of tempting foods and sangria on hand, and didn't pass it up as I should have. My exercising has been normal for me. Yesterday though my toe went numb, and then my foot started going numb. I tried rest, elevation, and ice, but its still numb this morning. I did my 4 mile walk and it didn't get worse, but it is worrysome. I'm supposed to run a 5K tomorrow and now I'm worried.

It sounds like we're all struggling with diet a bit right now. I'm going to have a good eating day today. Who's with me?

canadian mom
08-18-2006, 10:33 AM
My vcr isn't working so there go my high intensity cardio. Hopefully I will get to get some face paced walking done on the gazelle. As for the eating thing...well...there r jelly beans left from my kids trip to the chocolate factory and i didn't resist last night I am hoping for more will power today plus it is erends day so I will get alot of walking it is not fast walking but it is better than nothing.

Rosario
08-18-2006, 02:04 PM
hey guys!!

I am doing so good with eating today...so far. I played tennis last nite with the bf. Man!! Am I out of shape. I was huffing and puffing after only 5 minutes of warming up. Phew, I remember when we used to play for two hours straight in this Georgia humidy and heat. What have I done to myself?? I am carrying 80 extra pounds so of course that's goign to slow me down. I am so determined to get back to where I used to be - endurance-wise. We're going to start playing everyday. I know that'll help lots.

Come on ladies, lets' be strong. Let's eat right and work our butts off!!! I want to see how many points we can all get in this weekend!!!

ArtsyGirl
08-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Good job Rosario! I played the service at the Lutheran home this morning and there was a HUGE bake sale there. I fought with myself, but left without indulging. Then when I got home I headed for the veggies, and currently I'm avoiding entering the kitchen so I don't eat before dinner. HELP!!! I hate how hard this is.

Rosario
08-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Yes it's soooo hard!!!

I should of ate my oreo thin crisps slower so they would of lasted me longer!! Now my bf wants me to pick him up a gatorade from Qt for our tennis game. yikes!!! that's junk food heaven. bUt I will shall overcome!

Come on Brandy!! Don't give in!!! Be strong girlie!!!!!!!

JasonsLea
08-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi all! Thank you God, TOM is gone! Onward!

aslimmerme
08-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Good morning ladies,
Are you all still sleeping? LOL I had four extra 8-year old boys here last night for my son's birthday sleepover/campout. I did have cake and ice cream, but not as much as I normally would have had. Now, I will feel better about it if I get to go to the gym this morning and burn some of those delicious calories. Company is suppose to be gone by 11 am. If thats the case, I'll get to go. Got to go get started on my water now. Have a great Saturday, and get those exercise points this weekend. I agree with Rosario, lets pile on the points and not the pounds this weekend.

Sherrie

Wide in Winnipeg
08-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Morning....
My bathroom floor is being ripped out because of a leak in a pipe!! My goodness, I'm so pissed,I told my landlord about this leak when I got home from Snow Lake and he waited till today to fix it! And the only reason he is fixing it is that they had to turn the sump pump off in their house(next door) because they ran out of water!!!(water is hauled in by truck and put in a well)
So, I have 4 of my friends coming over here tonight, and they are going to be drinking.....hope they don't fall in the hole!:eek:
:mad: Nice, first time over here and they will see a perfectly spit shined house, and a hole in my floor,very nice:mad:
Well, hope your day is better than mine...

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Oh OH OH OH Ladies where have I been!!!!!

I now know why I came here Its so good to read all of you again! I have been real slack this past week. I need to get back in this game. I have found new drive now that I am back.

I have my water and I will be back to walking soon. I am still alittle sore.

Now that my boobs are smaller I see that my tummy is alot bigger I got to work on that.....Yall get me back on track,....Thanks so much...Have a great weekend....

ArtsyGirl
08-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Rosario-I lasted through yesterday without giving in. Thanks for the support!

Ran a cross country 5K in the rain. I did ok until crossing the 2nd ditch and had to crawl up the other side. I still placed 2nd in my age group though! Now that I'm recovered I'll say it was fun. If you had asked when I crossed the finish line-not so much.

Have a great one.

ArtsyGirl
08-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi La3y-I'm glad you're back. Good to see ya so motivated too. I've needed it lately. We CAN do this!!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
08-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Hello lovely ladies!!! Had a great evening last night with the girls!!! One of the girls heard of this game on another site!!I though that was really cool!
Just relaxing today and getting laundry done, might get on the bike later....or not.. it's my day off so I'm being lazy.
TTFN

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Well I had a good day today....I got back on the back of the motorcycle today....I did good. I hope to get to loseing again soon.

Well this is just a quick checkin. Its late here and I am ready for bed...Talk to yall later.

jelynn
08-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Had a pretty good weekend...yesterday I was out and about with the kids and wanted to stop for fast food so bad but didn't! Ended up getting a rotisserie chicken and some sushi and then had fresh pineapple and blueberries at home. So yummy and *real* food. I was proud of myself.

I'm ready to get my numbers a little higher than 3 or 4 this week...that means water and exercise points! I'm going to do it.

Let's all have a great week 3!

Wide in Winnipeg
08-20-2006, 11:52 PM
La3y~ You must be healing very quickly!:D Good for you GF!!

Lazy day here, tomorrow I have big plans though, hope i follow through! LOL!
Night

ArtsyGirl
08-21-2006, 05:41 AM
Good morning ladies-My weekend eating wasn't perfect, but not horrible either. I haven't weighed yet, but dont think I'll show a loss. I'm running this morning and then have to play a funeral later this morning. I should be able to get some cleaning done in between the two. Gotta pick up the weekend clutter. Other than that my afternoon will probably hold some more indepth cleaning. I've gotta get my office ready for students to return to lessons. I'm not really excited about their return, but I gotta do it, and my attitude toward teaching has definetly improved over my break. It should be a good year of lessons. Have a great day!

LadyFirelyght
08-21-2006, 07:25 AM
Not much time before I head to work, just wanted to say good morning! Great losses this week (both yours and mine). I'll post mine later!

canadian mom
08-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Well for 3 days I have had muy calorie intake down to and under 1400. I am trying to snack on more fruits and trying to leave room for evening snack(that is what was always putting me over) I am down a pound but will not change my tracker until it is off a few days just to be sure. I hope eveyone else is doing well.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Well I am still around! Come on ladies wake up! I plan on getting lots of water today....I want to get back to the good stuff lots of water and workouts...What is every one else doing to get back?

JennyDee25
08-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Good morning! I have a great loss to report! i'm so excited I can't seem to type fast enough! Well I got on the scale this morning after the morning rituals before weigh in day...Yah all know!!!! And I was so so so so so happy I was down to 169.4...I could not believe it....I was totally doubting myself all week thinking it would be so long until I got into the 160's! But why was I kidding myself I worked so hard this week! I was OP and I exercised and drank my water! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Wow "I'm LOVIN THIS!!!!!"

Congrats to everyone on your losses!

I plan to keep doing the same thing this week...exercise, exercise, eat well, and drink my water! I think I'm gonna start tanning again soon for a little reward to myself for reaching a huge goal for MOI!!!!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
08-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Morning, well I'm WAY up with my weight today, I'm at 138 due to AF's arrival.
Just water weight so I'm not to upset.
Going to start SI6 today for a 6 week challenge and it works out great since SI6 is 6 weeks.
have a great day girls!

aslimmerme
08-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Good Morning ladies. Hope everyone had a great weekend. My points were down a little this week, but I had a sick baby and hubby to take care of. Gonna try to blow the roof off the place this week and will need to do it during the week as I will be out of town this weekend for my high school reunion. Hope everyone is having a great day. Let's start the week off great.

Sherrie

jelynn
08-21-2006, 03:38 PM
I was *not* happy with a 3 lbs gain this morning! I know it can't all be fat lbs, but still...definitely the wrong direction.
It was the motivation I needed though...I did my t-tapp workout (www.t-tapp.com) as well as 25 minutes on the treadmill. I think I'll go for walk tonight too.
Doing good on my water too. And food...so far so good.
Just need to get a few good days behind me and I'll have my momentum back.

JennyDee- wtg!! Isn't that the best feeling??

Off for some more water :p

Rosario
08-21-2006, 05:04 PM
emily-hang in there!! I wasn't too psyched about my 2 pound gain either. I feel like a huge ball and I think I'm going to roll myself home!!! lol

Congrats to everyone on your losses. You guys are doing awesome. Keep up all your hard work!!! (maybe what you guys have willl rub off on me!!!)

JasonsLea
08-21-2006, 05:42 PM
What's up ladies! Congrats to all those who had WL and NSVs! Hope everyone is having a great day.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-21-2006, 07:05 PM
WOW it sounds like you all are doing a great job keep up the good work!

ArtsyGirl
08-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Rosario and Emily-Unfortunatly I'm right there with you on the gain. I racked up 1 pound for the week. Lets all show a loss next week to make up for it!

Great job to everyone on their losses. Hopefully I'll join you soon.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Off to the lake for a few days,I'll catch ya later!!! Take care!

canadian mom
08-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Yesterday I went over 1400 calories but only but a few .Still getting the exercise in .The water on the other hand I am not keeping track of every day so I am not sure if I get it everyday.

Rosario
08-22-2006, 04:43 PM
hey everybody. its been too quiet here lately. come out, come out wherever you are!!!

So I made a bet with my sister in June to see who can lose the most weight. I just saw a pic of her. WOw....you can totally tell she lost weight and she looks so cute!!! she joined the cheerleading team and will be starting school as a freshman next month. anyway, my point of the story is that I haven't lost any weight!!!! I think I actually look fatter!!! I have got to get my butt moving!!! Or else I am out 50 bucks!!!!

So far I am rocking today. And I have envergy to boot. But the weather isn't looking to good out there and I am going to be really pissed if I don't get to get a tennis game in. Dangit....I'll probably have to do a dvd or something. ay yi yi....i want to go home now!!!

oops...sorry to drag on.

hope everyone is having a great day!!!!

LadyFirelyght
08-22-2006, 06:51 PM
So I didn't really have a loss this week as far as pounds go, but I was flabbergasted by a 1 1/2 INCH loss!

Unfortunately for me, my breasts have begun to shrink :( I was hoping that they would be left out of the whole weight-loss process, but it looks like they're going to get even smaller. Phooey!

JasonsLea
08-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi all! WI today was at 244 which is good considering how messed up my eating was during TOM.

Wendy ~ the lake again? I wanna go!

Ro ~ Is your sister in college? Maybe I should get in on a bet for extra motivation. But I really don't have anyone to bet with....

Lydia ~ Sorry about the boobies but congrats on the inches! I really should start tracking my inches. My boobs aren't much to shout about anyway, I'm considering getting a lift and possible reduct after I lose the weight.

ArtsyGirl
08-23-2006, 07:27 AM
Morning ladies-It seemed like I was really busy yesterday, but didn't accomplish anything noticeable. Dont you hate days like that.

Rosario-C'mon girl, you don't wanna lose the $50! Go Go Go!!!!

Lydia-I lost my boobs too. It was a sad departure. I've actually had my sister look at me and say "Where are your boobs?!" You gotta love the honesty of a sister. Congrats on the inches lost.

I've gotta pack today. We're camping and going to a Renaissance festival Thursday-Saturday. It'll be the ONLY camping trip I'm going to get this year so I plan on having a great time. I do want to try and do some trail running with my hubby if its not to hilly. My 5K on labor day is another cross country course, and I usually run in town on the road so any running I can do off road should be helpful.

I did pretty good eating yesterday, but gave in to a beer last night. I'm hopeful I'll be good again today. Yesterday was easy because I just wasn't really hungry. Unfortunately, that is usually followed by a day of feeling like I'm starving no matter what I eat. Wish me luck.

I ran/walked this morning and feel pretty good. My big toe is still numb. I'm going to the dr. next month and will address the problem then to seek a solution. Its not getting worse so I'm not going in for a special appt.

Have a fun, active day everyone.

Rosario
08-23-2006, 01:39 PM
hi everybody!!

lydia---that sucks about the boobies. but come on, would you rather be overweight with big ones or healthy with small ones. I'll take being healthy over huge jugs anyday!!

shari-my sis is a freshamn in high school. yea you would think a bet would motivate me, but it really didn't have that much effect on me. what got me going is seeing a pic of her and seeing that she is the one losing weight.

Brandy---camping sounds fun. my mom, her bf, my bro his wife and my nephew all went camping this week. I sooo wanted to go but since I am all the way over here, you know how it goes. Good luck on eating today.

Well, i am doing good so far. I did go a little crazy on 2 packages of mini bites but if i stick with it for the rest of the day, I won't be too bad on cals. I went for a walk and did some weights already. I feel good to finally have gotten a workout in. And the weather looks so nice. SO I know i will be getting my tennis game in.

I'm having such a great day. I hope you all are enjoying yours!!!

canadian mom
08-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Well I changed my ticker back to 150 I hope I didn't curse myself.

JennyDee25
08-23-2006, 09:20 PM
HI all! This is probably a repeated ?, however I was wondering how long our challenge is for? Can anyone tell me!? Please; it's probably posted somewhere.

Canadian Mom~Where are you from?

JasonsLea
08-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Ro, god I know EXACTLY how you feel! My sister is beautiful, popular, and has a nice body. COMPLETE opposite of me!

canadian mom
08-24-2006, 07:48 AM
I am from Fredericton New Brunswick. I lived in Edmonton for a couple years but we moved back here bout 2 years ago.

Rosario
08-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Jenny Dee-this challenge is for 4 weeks, so 1 more week after this week is over!!! But this game never ends!!!

ArtsyGirl
08-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Hi gals,

I'm off to camping and a renaissance fair. I'll be back on Sunday. Be good and stay strong!

Rosario
08-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Have lots and lots of fun Brandy!!! You be good too!!! ;)

JasonsLea
08-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Hi everyone! Guess what I did today? YOGA! OMG I thought I was going to DIE! I kept busting a cramp every five seconds. But you know what? I'm going back next week. The instructor was very nice and the environment was very calming and I swore to myself that I was going to try new things this year. Next activity on my list is water aerobics. Hope everyone has a great evening!

P.S. I'm definitely getting that breast lift and redux. All through yoga, when I had to bend down and such, my boobs kept smacking me in the face! And when I went to Walmart to see if I could find a sports bra, none fit! I know it's because of my weight and the size of my boobs. Dammit. I don't have the money to a sports bra from the specialty stores. Grrr!

canadian mom
08-25-2006, 08:14 AM
lol that would of been a site JasonsLea. Well this morning I down another pound this morning I am gonna wait until official weigh in though to change my weight. I have a question Iwent up a pound for a couple weeks should I count it as a pound lost or not. I had an ego boost this week my Dad and his girlfriend(of 20 years) were in town from Newfoundland, they haven't seen me in 2 years since I had my last daughter, and she was extactic over my weight loss. They kept saying how good I was loking. That was a push in the right direction I was starting to get annoyed cause I was losing anymore but it reminded me how far I have come and since I have onlr really been trying to loose since the beginning of this year I haven't done too bad.

Rosario
08-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Shari---that's a good idea trying new things. personally, i don't like yoga because i feel it doesn't really do much for me. sorry about the sports bra. I actually want to wear mine everyday because it is more comfortable than my regular bra!

canadianmom-i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you so that 1 pound stays off!!

I have been doing really good these past couple of days with food and working out. Today I decided to take a rest day, because a) I have a cut on my toe that is killing me and b) i am kind of sore so I want my body to recuperate. Tonight me and the bf are going over to his mom's for dinner. He has some extended family coming over from Colombia. They are bringing him these awesome little cakes called Poncake de novia. So yummy!!! It's kind of like a rum cake. Anyways, he asked for 15 cakes!!! That's goiing to be kind of hard to have them in the house. Good thing for me is that he said I can only have 1 (he loves them so much that he says I can't eat them all). I guess that is better for me.

But workouts will resume this weekend. I am determined to be lower than 235 on mOnday ( this morning I was 236.2...yikes!!!) I don't have anything planned for this weekend so I should be really good with food and excercise. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what Monday brings.

Have a great weekend everybody. Be good!!!!

JennyDee25
08-26-2006, 10:44 PM
I need help...my sanity back....Darn pms...I keep posting about it everywhere because its peeing me off! Yup it is...vent vent vent..here I go again.! I'm gaining this week for sure...I feel fat & bloated & crabby!

canadian mom
08-27-2006, 07:09 AM
Well I am not going to be doing well today .I am sick, I feel like I am going throw up so today my diet will consit of toast and toast and more toast. My stomac can't handle exercise today. But on the bright side I was down 2 pounds and 2.5 inches.

LadyFirelyght
08-27-2006, 05:54 PM
lydia---that sucks about the boobies. but come on, would you rather be overweight with big ones or healthy with small ones. I'll take being healthy over huge jugs anyday!!

ahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry. It's just the thought of me EVER having big boobs is hilarious. Even at my heaviest (186), I was a well-rounded B-cup. 50-70 pounds overweight and only a B-cup!

But yeah, I'd definitely take micro-boobies and health to the way I was before. Besides, the girls look a lot better now than they did before :D

I can't believe I haven't posted my points since TUESDAY! And now tomorrow I have to weigh in. I'm SO hoping that I've reached my 15-lb mini goal by then!

Rosario
08-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Good morning gals!! How'd everyone fare over the weekend.

I'm only down 0.6 pounds. Which is a good thing because last monday I was up to 239!!! But i am happy I am slowly going down. food was so-so this weekend and excercise wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, but I'm working on it.

Dee--hang in there girlie!!! it'll pass and I know you'll be back in it!!

canadian mom---i'm sorry your sick, but I'm happy for your inch/pounds loss. awesome for you. feel better!

lydia--good luck on your 15 pound goal!

take it easy ladies!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Here I am Here I am(running in late)

I am back at work. I am over my pms....I am getting better every day and tonight I will be walking 40mins! I have got to get back in this thing....I do have a cold but I am not going to let that stop me!!!! So tell me all the news!!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
08-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Guess who's home!!!!
With only a half pound gain:o considering I ate alot of crap food while at the lake I think that's pretty good!!
Guess who is enrolling at freakin' high school???? Yep, me, going to get my grade 12 diploma finally:carrot: 16 years late but better late than never I always say!!
Going to go exercise this energy off, catch ya later!

LadyFirelyght
08-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Met and EXCEEDED goal! Wow, does that ever feel good. It's nice to have this to be proud of because I'm sick again :( It seems like I just got over being sick and now it's back. Oh well, I'm almost FOURTY POUNDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!

Had to add those two extra, because I wasn't sure you could feel my excitement. Can ya dig it?

Edit:
I forgot to mention: I've gotten some of my coworkers at McDonald's to start eating healthier! Yesterday, one of my managers (who is probably 100lbs overweight) bought he and I a foot-long lean turkey sandwich from the deli to share. Low-fat mayo, one slice of cheese each and plenty of lettuce. We ate that for breakfast. Normally, he eats the Deluxe Breakfast (2 pancakes, 1 sausage patty, scrambled eggs and a biscuit plus a hashbrown on the side. He always gets three pats of butter and two syrup packages). Today, another coworker bought a sandwich as well instead of eating a double cheeseburger. I can't believe people are actually taking to heart what I say about food!

JasonsLea
08-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi everyone! Kinda rushed so sorry for the short post. Congrats to all WL and NSVs. Love ya!

JennyDee25
08-29-2006, 12:56 AM
It's gonna be a quick post for me! I've been so so busy & crabby here at this end! Since I've been keeping busy decluttering my house getting ready for a yard sale...I am actually proud to report I have no gain & no loss...funny how yesterday morning I would have been reporting a 1.8 pound gain! Darn water weight! Okay OFF I go too sleep gotta wake up early for working AT curves!

Congrats too each & everyone of us for the hard work & dedication yous are doing too reach healthier lifestyles!

Awesome job ladies and congrats on the losses!

~over & out~

canadian mom
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Well it looks like my weight loss journey may have to be put on hold. I may be going to Toronto in September to become a surrogate, so if this happens I will have to put my weight loos on hold for 9 months. I am really excitted I have wanted to this for quite a few years now.I am just waiting to hear from the office if it is a go.

ArtsyGirl
08-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Where is everyone??? Well, I have fallen off the wagon and despite trying fresh every morning have not succeeded in getting back on the darn thing. So far I'm ok today, but its still early. I'm not exactly sure what's gotten into me, but I seem to be eating like I'll never get another meal so I need to shove in as much as possible. I know my thinking is whacked out, but not sure how to get back to normal at the moment. Anyone got a kick in the butt for me? I REALLY need something to get me going.

Rosario
08-30-2006, 01:32 PM
canadian mom---wow, that's an awesome thing you are doing. do let us know how it turns out.

brandy-:kickbutt: get back in there!!!

I need some major help with eating. I do fine when I am work and during the day but when I get home....ohmygosh!! Even my bf makes fun of me about how much food I eat. I eat so much, it's not even funny. Last night I got home and I went straight to the fridge. I really need to stop that. (btw-we still have those little cakes. i can't wait until they are gone!!) I think I need to start working out right when I get home, because I have noticed that when I do that I don't snack/binge as much.

Well i am definitely going to LA in two weeks. Yay!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. Now I really want to lose a couple of pounds before I go, so I gotta giv eit 110 percent. I am ready to do this!!!!

take care everbody!!!

JasonsLea
08-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Jen ~ OMG you are amazing! Drop us a note and let us know how everything is going okay?

Brandy ~ What Ro said.

Ro ~ God I am SO jealous! I so want to go visit California again. It's all I've been thinking about lately. But with this government job....it's **** trying to get off!

WI was yesterday and I'm up to 245.8 I'm okay with that because I expected it. I ate so ungodly last week.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-31-2006, 12:27 AM
:p Sorry I didn't post today, very busy, and time for bed:yawn:

ArtsyGirl
08-31-2006, 09:42 AM
Morning gals,

Today is a brand new day and so far, I haven't made any bad choices. Never mind that its only 9:30 in the morning. I can do this today! It wont be easy, but I can do it.

Rosario-Thanks for the kicks in the butt. I'm going to need it over the next few days as I get back into my routine and past the horrible cravings. HOORAY for your trip. You must be so excited!

I am babysitting this morning, and then I think I'm starting a scrapbook from my 3 day walk. I'm hoping to add a bike ride later today also. My walk this morning was nice, but its amazing how dark it is compared to a month ago. So sad to see the daylight waning away.

I've been slacking off in my workouts and not pushing as hard as I was. I gotta get back into upping my times and intensity. But truly my problem is in diet. I just really LOVE food, and although I like food that is nutritionally sound, I also really love ice cream and chocolate. Even when I'm eating healthy, I know my portion sizes are growing. Knowing, and fixing it are 2 different things. Maybe its a process and now that I've admitted the growing sizes I can better get them under control. I really dont know, I just dont want to ruin all the progress I made back in the spring.

Hope you are all having a great day.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
08-31-2006, 12:18 PM
Brandy hun I hear ya! I want so bad to get back to my workouts and walking...its feels like its been weeks and I have not done a thing I dont want to look at a how much I may have gained....Now I have a camping trip comeing up this weekend....yet another chance for some bad eating...I dont have any healthy food at work or at home so I know I am not eating right.....If I dont not get to shop for some food soon I will go crazy I did get me some healthy soup to have today at work so I will start with that.

Come on Brandy let me and you get back to this thing......

canadian mom
08-31-2006, 01:45 PM
We have had the flu going thru my house so yesterday and today I have not ate much and today no exercise. It hit me all of a sudden yesterday and I was running to the wasshroom all night.

I stll haven't heard from the office yet but They will not be implanting in Sept it will just be tests. It could be 3 weeks to 3 months after depending on which method they use. So I think I will just try to maintain my weight loss right now and start again when the baby(s) r born (incresed risk for twins). I probably will still post in the pregnacy part here I want to have a healthy pregnacy (that is if I pass their test). I will keep u updated.

canadian mom
09-01-2006, 10:48 AM
I was back exercising today I got my whole routine done just with less reps and didn't run as fast today. I am still a little weak from not eating much for a couple days.Man I don't know how I did this as a teenagaer!

Wide in Winnipeg
09-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone! Been real busy getting ready for school!!!

Game 8 starts on Monday September 4th(labour Day) so I hope you are all ready!!

I'll make up the new threads on Sunday evening so make sure to look for them!

ArtsyGirl
09-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Holy crap Wendy! That font's HUGE!!!

Well, today I'm doing ok. Nothing spectacular, but not horrible either. I had a wonderful day yesterday. Good things just kept falling into place.

I've been saving my pennies for well over a year to purchase a nice digital camera. Well, I have all the money and I've done my research so I almost went and bought it last week, but I just ran out of time. Well, the day before yesterday my FIL asked if I would be interested in a used camera that is 2 steps up from the one I could afford for less than I was going to spend. PLUS, I get to test it out all weekend before I decide!!!! I picked it up last night, and LOVE it. I'm so thrilled how this worked out.

THEN, we've been trying to get a group together from MI to go and help with the Kansas City 3 day breast cancer walk as they are very short on crew this year. WELL, our flights there have been DONATED so I'm definetly going to go!!! I had so much fun at the Michigan event this year I am exstatic that I get to participate in another walk this year.

THEN, today I had a massage to try to get feeling back into my big toes (they've both been numb for about 3 weeks now) and the lady who gave me the massage is going to take piano lessons from me. I love teaching adults and currently don't have any adult students so this'll be great. The only bad thing is-MY TOES ARE STILL NUMB!!!

La3y-You and me girl-we can do it!! Good luck staying good this weekend. I know I wont be perfect, but I'm hoping I can keep things within reason.

Canadian-I'm so impressed with your unselfishness in what you're going to do. I just am in awe. I hope you have a wonderful time. I hope your energy returns quickly and the flu stays away.

Have a great weekend everyone!

canadian mom
09-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Have you ever had one of those weeks that you wish you could have slept throught? Well this week is it for me. First kids get sick then Government informs me hubby's taxes never made it to them(we now have no child benefits) then washer breaks, then I get sick now my perod has started EARLY. Sorry had to vent.Will be glad when this week us over.

LadyFirelyght
09-02-2006, 09:42 AM
http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92904

ArtsyGirl
09-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Lydia you look AMAZING!!!!! I'm so glad you found that old picture. Its so rewarding to see the progress! Congrats on all your hard work.

LadyFirelyght
09-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks so much, Brandy! Wow, I'm blushing :o

It definitely is rewarding to see it so clearly. I just can't believe that I never truly saw myself as being THAT big.

A question for everyone:
How long have you all been on your plans and how many pounds and inches have you lost in that time? What have you been doing to lose that weight? I have been trying to get some friends and family motivated to do what's right, but I know there are more feasible options out there than my own calorie counting and walking.

I've been at this since November 1st of last year, though I didn't kick it into high gear until January 22nd or something like that (whenever I joined this site :lol:). In that time, I've lost 38 pounds and a whopping 31 inches. I've gone from a size 14 pant (I never wore that size, I always was very very uncomfortable in my blood-constricting 12s :rofl:) to an 8/10, depending on cut. From a size 12 shirt to a 6/8. I recently had to get rid of an entire garbage bag full of clothes that no longer fit me. Shame, some of that stuff was really nice!

I look forward to hearing your stories :D

Wide in Winnipeg
09-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Let me go see if I have a picture or 2 to show you......I'll be back!

canadian mom
09-02-2006, 01:57 PM
wow you look great!

Wide in Winnipeg
09-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Lydia~ You do look fantastic!!!
I'm looking for some opics so I can show all of you here on Beat the Bulge the before and during!!
I have a before but no during yet...
Ihope you all have a great Day!

JasonsLea
09-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Hi all! new game, new game! YAY! Lydia, *low whistle*