Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #17

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #17

FrouFrou
08-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Welcome to Back In Kindergarten #17 to anyone reading this!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"--Jules

Come and join us, All are welcome!!

FrouFrou
08-05-2006, 01:57 PM
KATY's POST...

Cristina - My heart goes out to you and your family - don't know how well I would hold up in your situation. Josh is in my prayers..I always pray for a quick resolution for Iraq and for the brave men and women who go there.

on another subject, if you can get the numbers and brands for both greens, I would just love that...I am looking at all kinds of green right now and it's hard when there are so many!

I am on pins and needles..MIL's SO went to the ER this afternoon and I'm very worried. He has had a history of heart attacks, quintuple bypass, diabetes, and his general denial and neglect of his health. He has been on medicinal maintenance for two years, meaning there's nothing they can do for him except hope he takes his meds and decides to follow the doc's recommendations for his lifestyle. DH was over at his mom's earlier in the week and said he didn't think he looked too good...

Please say a prayer and hope it's indigestion...

BBL chickies

FrouFrou
08-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Hello Ladies...

Pretty quiet here...

KATY...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I do hope all is well with MIL's SO. :hug: :hug: And thank you for the prayers...I think that is about all we can do. I do know what you mean about trying to find the right color...lord knows we have been through our share. Luckily, the living room and bedroom were the "right" colors so we got those right the first time. The colors are Green Bough 311A-4 and Green Tea Leaves 5004-1C, both are American Tradition from Lowes. I really like both colors too, I find them both pleasing to the eye. Hope you guys find the "right" color for your room.

SUZYQ...I have been on pins and needles for month's about Josh. I knew as it got closer to him leaving it would only get worse but I am working on it. Trying to stay busy so my mind isn't on him-easier said than done. I say just do it! Just ask the MM out. It doesn't really have to be a date date, maybe just go for a cup of coffee or a drink. He is cute I must say. And...Gaby is a cutie too! That is a GREAT picture of her.

HI to everyone else :wave:

I am getting sleepy, zzzzzzzz. My alarm went off at 5:30 and I went to the bathroom and said heck with getting up this early. Well, my conscious got the best of me and I got up at 5:45 and was out the door at 6 for my walk. I really am glad I went. I always feel better going it's just getting up so early that kills me. Supposed to be hot so that is the reason I get up early...it was a cool 71 degrees. Anyway, came home and did some straightening up before mowing the front yard (I was on a roll, lol) and then took a shower and went to meet V for lunch at 11. But now I am getting sleepy. Definitely will be taking a nap later. Anyway, that's about all I have. V is going to change our door knobs when he gets home and I have a load of laundry to get done and that's about it for my day. I do plan on getting some reading done. I have to finish that book and start another. I have so many I want to read but haven't been in a reading mood.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Mom2Gaby
08-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Good Morning!!

I love your avatar Cristi - where did you get it? hmmm, you know we do have the Bite coming up with food and music down at the waterfront - maybe get a group of co workers to go down on Friday - include MM of course....lol.....I guess he offered to buy drinks for the ladies the other day - he is so sweet. Loved how he use to come into my office - kick his feet up on my desk ( I glared) and throw pieces of gum at me.....cute, he is like my brother....naw.....don't think we would ever get together - though it is nice to sit and drool at his picture.........little incest doesn't hurt....lmao.......oops, didn't say that!!!!

Ick - made scrambled eggs with hot dogs for Gaby.I go "do you want eggs?" she goes "yes".....and I say "scrambled???".....she replies...."no, I want eggs"....haha....she IS a doll.

anyway - check in later.....need to get my walk in,,,,,

RosieKate
08-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Crisitina - TY for the color numbers - we'll check them out...still haven't settled on a color. Also thanks for your prayers for Roberto. We haven't heard anything today. Yesterday all we heard from my MIL was that he might have had another heart attack, but weren't sure. The docs were giving him meds to get rid of excess liquid so they could get a better look at things...gonna be in the hospital for a few days at least. When he had his last heart attack two years ago, the doctors said his arteries were so bad from neglected diabetes that they could not do any more bypasses. There was nothing to bypass around the older bypasses. They gave him meds and said how long you live is up to you. Ugh.

Susan - mmm Bite mmmm haven't been to that in ages. MM - free drinks...sounds like fun to me, lol!

The wonderful, perfect mosaic tile for our new bathroom is still on that slow boat from China...just found out it won't be here until Mid-October. We are going to check out some other tile resources, but are also feeling kind of ok with waiting for the good stuff. So much for being done by Labor Day :dizzy:

Hope you are all having a good weekend

Mom2Gaby
08-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Good Morning!!

I need to go shampoo my hair but wanted to check in first!!

Had a bagel w/ turkey for breakfast - hmm and a nice couple cups of coffee....

Prayers for Ricardo Katy! He is your step father in law?

We have our company picnic next week. I volunteered to take pictures. We will have a whole web page of the MM - hehe....hope he is there!! *sigh* *pant* *drool*,,,,,,,,,

Bored,,,,,,,might go windex the toaster......*snicker*,,,,,you all better get your butts in here!! Come entertain me!!

RosieKate
08-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi -a quickie from moi today
Update....Roberto did indeed have another heart attack, but nobody is sure when it happened. He had only two working arteries left, and now the docs want to run tests ( angiogram and echocardiogram) maybe even open him up to assess the damage. R and his family are skeptical about whether this is going to do him any good...I mean it really wont change his prognosis or his course of treatment so why put him through it. However, it is a decision he will have to make probably in the next day or so

Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. MIL says he is feeling better and has been able to take a shower.

Susan - yeah I consider Roberto a FIL. He and MIL are not married, but have lived together for 7 years.

BBL

Mom2Gaby
08-06-2006, 07:45 PM
How old is he Katy?? That is too bad - many prayers for him and your mother.

I had a grape slurpee and we cleaned the apt. Fleas are gone!! Did my 10 second test around the apt and saw no fleas jump on my feet. We can hope at least , huh?

anyway - going to head home and relax.

chat tomorrow!!

bep
08-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi there!

Oh boy, I was bad today! DH wanted Pizza Hut for lunch so that is where we went. Then tonight, I couldn't figure out what I wanted for dinner and it was after 9pm when I went to eat so I just munched on some junk. I feel yucky.

PokeeDotts
08-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi Everyone ~~~ Well I know it's been awhile since I've made a visit here, and as you can see, I have a new screen name. I couldn't remember my password, so I just created a whole new account with a fresh new start. So much has been going on with me, but things have gotten much better with my daughter, and I'm so happy about that again. Right now, I'm suffering extremely with a pulled muscle in my lower back, and living off of 800mg Motrins, which seem to be helping. I will never be able to catch back up on everything, but please forgive me for backing away for awhile; I just could not talk to people for awhile with everything going on. I'm heading to bed now and will check back in tomorrow morning. I LOVE everyone's new avatar pics!!!:grouphug:

bep
08-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Howdy there & welcome back! I had wondered where you were.

bep
08-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Hi all! I just posted a "before & during" thread with pics in the goals area.

Mom2Gaby
08-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Good Morning,

Love your avatar Bep - you are glowing!! You are a very pretty lady and you look so happy :)

Michelle!!!! yay.......good to have you back and posting!!!!!

Weigh In Day!! I didn't weigh.....feel fat - maybe next week.

Better get to work. I had a venti and bagel for breakfast - need to fill up my water bottle.

bep
08-07-2006, 11:33 AM
LOL SuzyQ...I am not weighing in either! Ate crap (mostly salty) yesterday and can just feel the fluids sitting around on me. I have a TON of outdoor work I am going to be doing this week so I should sweat it out fairly easily. I have a big BBQ here this weekend and have a lot of weeding, bush trimming, flower planting, etc to be done. I have been spending more time on my veggie gardening than my landscaping so I have some catch-up to do.

Scuzin
08-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Morning!

Had a nice time at the beach with family, even though it was very cold (and ate like it was thanksgiving). On the way back stopped to visit a friend and went hiking in Silver Falls. Now I have to run to the dentist...again. Check back this afternoon!

PokeeDotts
08-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Good Morning Girlies:grouphug:

I had a horrible night with my back!:( I don't feel like I slept much at all. My younger DD's friend was here this past week from Maine visiting and we had so much fun. She has never been to the west coast, and we mainly did a lot of shopping, eating out and went to the beach one day. Now my DD flew back to Maine yesterday with her friend, and she will be there until this coming Sunday when she flies back home. I already miss her so much, but she has called me three times.:hug: Tomorrow night, my older DD, DH and I have tickets to the Tim and Faith concert here at the Rose Garden, and I'm so excited! I love both of them and it should be a great concert.:D Then on Thursday, my DH and I will be up at OHSU all day because my mom is having another surgery on her leg where her bone cancer was.:( I feel really bad for leaving all of you for awhile, and I did feel guilty about it, but I just had problems going on and wasn't in the mood to talk.:o :(

BEP -- I took a look at your pics and you have done so good! You are a very beautiful girlie!;) :hug:

SUZYQ -- Is your pic of Gaby? She is so cute and adorable!:hug:

Mom2Gaby
08-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Bep - I don't need to weigh. I know I am fat, chubby. I am having a good hair day though!
This calls for a return of the Maintenace Man!!!! Let us all drool over him. No hands though.........he is mine. lol

Hi Susan/NYC!! I go tomorrow to Seaside. I really want a bowl of chowder.

better get back to work.

EDITED for Michelle Yes, that was Gaby. Ain't she cute?? I love her so much. The MM is up now. I have had a crush on him for 3 years.....lol HUGS - hope you feel better!!!!

suetalks
08-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Good afternoon.
Bep- I don't know where to find your pictures. Help?
SuzyQ- I am not weighing today either. I weighed on the first for Suzanne, but have been bad. So I will wait until next Mon. and see if I can get things under control this week. Hey, I walk in place and dance all the time. (neighbor's surely don't peek in..they would think I was crazy.) DH just shakes his head. :)
Michelle- Good to see you again. I am glad that you are feeling better about things, just hope the back gets better quickly.

Not much going on with me. Just worrying about the two houses and trying to stay busy.

Mom2Gaby
08-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Sue - I thought Bep posted in the Mini Goals thread the pictures. You can click on her name and search in her post that she has written - that might be the easiest way.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1361578#post1361578

FrouFrou
08-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Hello Ladies, and a very HAPPY MONDAY!

Well, I did weigh and I am happy to say I am down 2 lbs.! WOOHOO!!:carrot: Finally in ONEderland again! I have to say, it is about time I broke that plateau, if you will. Seems I was stuck forever going from 202 to 201, back and forth, ugh. Anywho...put me in a good mood! :D

I did make it to It Figures and I did a one mile walk on the treadmill, cleaned house and now getting my computer time in.

KATY...hugs to you and your family. :hug: :hug: I do hope there is something they can do for MIL's SO. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Your welcome for the paint info...can't wait to see your finished rooms! I think I too would wait for the good stuff.

MICHELLE...so good to see you back...missed you! :hug: I have been meaning to send you a card, you and Jules but haven't gotten around to it yet. My mind is on Josh 24/7 and I can't seem to think about much else-making myself a nervous wreck. Hope your DD and friend have a great time in Maine. I have a friend who lives in Corinna, ME...it is so pretty up there. Hope your back is better. Your new username is sooo cute-love it!

SUSAN...too bad about the MM...sounds like you guys have a great friendship. And you are NOT fat or chubby missy!

SUSAN/NYC...Glad you had a nice weekend. Hope the visit to the dentist goes well.

SUE...funny, I know my neighbors can't see in my house but when I exercise I always make sure everything is closed, lol. Of course there is no one behind us and the little old lady next door...I am sure wouldn't look in our windows even if she could.

BEP...I'll have to go check out the thread and your pics. The new avatar is nice.

Hi to everyone else, JULES, KATHY and SHAWNA :wave: Hope all is well with you ladies.

Take care ladies and hope you all are having a wonderful day!

FrouFrou
08-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks for posting the link Susan, saved me from having to go find it, lol! :thanks:

BEP...I think all three pics are good and you really can see a difference!

Off to change my weight tracker and siggy.

Sassy_Chick
08-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Sassy Checking In! :drill:

I'm still alive and kicking!

Take Care!

bep
08-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Hi there! It's a BEAUTIFUL day out there!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what...I only lost a total of 4 lbs for the whole month of July. Bummer. Time to kick it up a notch!!!

I weighed in this morning and sure enough...still at 213. At least I didn't gain! I am going to have to fight myself this week because I have some family coming here on Wednesday for one night and then this weekend I have that big BBQ at my house. My biggest downfall is when I am with friends.

bep
08-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Christina I had meant to mention yesterday....HUGE congratulations on ONEderland!!! Oh man, I am jealous!!! Save a spot for me! I am determined to be there before the holidays get here! ... but earlier would, of course, be just fine with me!!!! :D

Scuzin
08-08-2006, 12:41 PM
morning

Finally got out running again...but miscalculated and ended up doing a little less than normal. Oh well I'll be out again tomorrow!

I'm going shoe shopping! I'm excited. I figure I don't have many work-type clothes and shoes so I'm going on a budget spree before I leave.

Ugh, 1 more dentist appointment then I'm free free free!!! at least untill I get my insurance set up in NY.

Bep - nice picture!!! And I know what you mean about friends...that's my huge downfall too.

Cristina - congrats on ONEderland! I'm jealous too :dizzy:

FrouFrou
08-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Good afternoon, ladies!

Thanks BEP & SUSAN/NYC! :thanks: You ladies will be there soon too.

BEP...hey, 4 pounds for July is definitely better than what I did and so much better than no loss at all so :bravo: to you! You are doing an awesome job and have come a long way!

SUSAN/NYC...have fun on your shopping spree! I can't remember the last time I went shopping, seems like it has been forever. And WTG on your running! :carrot: You may have miscalculated but you did do it so that is good!

SHEL... was wondering where you were missy. Post when you get a chance.

Hi JULES, SUZYQ, KATY, MICHELLE, KATHY, SUE and SHAWNA! :wave: Hope all is well with you ladies.

Busy morning this morning...and man am I feeling it now. I want a nap! Got a later start than I wanted to though but all worked out. Getting a load of laundry done now and the house is clean so I feel good! Went for my walk at the park this morning...wasn't too hot when I went but the second time around I started sweating-did 3.5 miles, woohoo. Came home and mowed the front and back yards and then jumped in the shower...man, after that I needed a cold one...shower that is. Anyway...it feels good to get everything done early.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!

suetalks
08-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Bep- I did see the pictures and they were all good. There is a marked difference for sure. I am jealous! You are doing so well.
SuzyQ- Thanks for the link, I am not too familiar with this site other than the 2 or 3 places I post. I will have to nose around a bit more. Where are you anyway?
Sassy and Michelle- Glad to see you both and know that you are well.
Susan- Wah! I wanna go shopping...I need new shoes too. My wardrobe is a shame and I really need to buy some new things. Have fun!
Cristina- You are doing so well. I had to laugh about you mowing..DH told me that I can't mow while he is gone next week..the tractor won't start without a hassel. The funny thing is I have only used the tractor once in the last 28 years. LOL

I had a day of running errands and managed to get in a morning walk outdoors. Sure felt good with the humidity lower again. Eating is going great, so I am on a roll today. "fingers crossed" that it continues to be as easy. I am getting stressed about the houses and REFUSE to let that be my downfall. I am a big stress eater (used to smoke and not eat when I was stressed)

HAve a good "hump" day tomorrow!

chickiemama67
08-09-2006, 10:54 AM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: well another busy weekend here, we had no tax weekend here and people went wacko!! i went in at 5 am saturday to re stock shoes and didnt leave until 1 am sunday morning........finally got a day off today. needless to say i didnt make it to the gym last week, i havent ate too badly, and ive made sure to have a salad almost everyday. clothes are fitting the same so i think ill stay away from the scale this week. school starts friday so this weekend should be the last busy weekend for a while so ill have more energy to get back in to my routine. ok time to get eden to senior pictures........ahhhhhhhhhh never a dull moment.
hugs,
shawna

Mom2Gaby
08-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Good Morning

I am stepping away from this site for a variety of reasons. If you would like to keep in touch email at the mom2three40 addie at yahoo. I just didn't want to drop off and leaving you wondering.

Wishing you guys the best in your weight loss!!

bep
08-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Good Morning

I am stepping away from this site for a variety of reasons. If you would like to keep in touch email at the mom2three40 addie at yahoo. I just didn't want to drop off and leaving you wondering.

Wishing you guys the best in your weight loss!!

WHAT IN THE WORLD????? :?: :?: :?: Our SuzyQ leaving us like that??? :( I demand a FULL explanation missy! ...and even after the explanation, you probably still will not be allowed to leave!

Seriously...what is up? :?:

suetalks
08-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Ditto what BEP said SuzyQ!

Scuzin
08-09-2006, 02:30 PM
I agree! what happened???

bep
08-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Hmmmmmmmm.........anyone hear from SuzyQ yet? Now I am getting worried!

RosieKate
08-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Good morning all

Hi Bep - congrats on your success! You are doing so well...I didn't lose any last month...guess that's ok, because I didn't gain, but would have been nice to lose. I haven't heard form Susan, but plan on emailing her today at her yahoo addy.

Cristina- congrats on getting to One-derland! keep up the good work

Michelle - good to see you back..glad life is better at your house

Hi to everyone else..Haven't been posting much...just haven't been able to get on the computer and I have some kind of RSI on my right hand ( I suspect from gardening, but could be - gasp- too much playing around on the computer) so I limit my time on the computer and it seems to help.

Roberto was released fro the hospital yesterday with a load of drugs and lots of advice to try to prolong his life. His heart is in such bad shape there's just not much else that can be done. I guess it's a good news-bad news situation. We are glad they did not and angiogram and open heart surgery, because - what's the point. It is sad that it's gotten to this point.

My hand is hurting so I'm going for now
Have a great day everyone!

PokeeDotts
08-10-2006, 11:38 AM
KATY -- I'm so sorry about your family member. I'm not for sure what's going on, because I couldn't read all the posts to catch up.:hug:

I did email Susan yesterday, and she still hasn't emailed me back. I don't understand why she would just leave all of the sudden, because everything seemed to be just fine with her on Monday when she last posted.:?: :?: :?: My mom's surgery has now been rescheduled to next week and this is the second time it has been cancelled and rescheduled; very frustrating since my husband keeps taking the day of surgery off, and then it's been cancelled.:mad:

Scuzin
08-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Morning

Well I've been doing much better with eating and portion control. Been avoiding those cookies!

I've been hunting down boxes so that I can pack. Its rather difficult because I have to ship EVERYTHING I need over there. Its rediculous the amount of room just the necessaries take up: clothes, shoes, bedding...crazy! and I have 6 days to figure it all out.

Good to hear from you Katy - sorry about your hand and Roberto :(

Michelle - Hi! thank for e-mailing Susan

bep
08-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Katy & Michelle....if either of you do hear back from SuzyQ, will you please let us know? From the way she posted, I think something bad is going on and I want to know if she is ok.

bep
08-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Her PM box is full.

RosieKate
08-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Hi all
just heard from Susan...she is fine, just needs a break. Her life is very hectic...she told me that she is not checking this site, but she does check her yahoo addy that she posted earlier.
mom2three40atyahoodotcom

RosieKate
08-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Bep - forgot to mention how great your pics are! They really show your progress...

Micheele - big hugs - hope your mom's surgery happens soon. When Roberto was at the VA, things happened very slowly---which was very frustrating for all involved. He had a heart attack..not his first.

ok - I am out for now..my hand is really bugging me and I started TOM..I hear the anti-inflammatories calling my name, lol!

FrouFrou
08-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Hello ladies...

SUZYQ...what the heck is going on Missy?! You CAN'T leave...what will we do without you? I am sad that I missed a day and then come back to bad news. I do hope you are fine.

KATY...I always say, maintaining is just as hard as losing so not losing is fine as long as you didn't gain. Of course we all want to lose. And thank you! I just hope I can stay there and go down. It's been a horrible week though and have some stress eating of my own going on. Well, I hope Roberto takes to heart (no pun intended) what the docs said and takes his meds. Wouldn't you think a person would want to live longer? I know I do. I still will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

MICHELLE...sorry they keep messing around with your moms surgery date. That would be very frustrating to say the least. Hope you are having a good day.

SUE...V works so much the lawn mower has become my best friend, lol. I try to help him out as much as I can because I know after working the long hours coming home to do yard work is the last thing he wants to do. And, I get in some extra exercise so it's all good.

SUSAN/NYC...are you getting excited? Sounds like you are doing what my son was doing for the last two weeks. They had to pack up all their stuff though and it was put in storage till they get back. Don't forget about us when you leave for NYC!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Hate to cut this short but have to go jump in the shower. When V gets home at 3:45 we are headed for an early dinner but before then I have to take DS to the doctor. He came home early this morning from school because he was throwing up and had the runs, sorry if that is too much info. He has to have a doctors excuse for work but he looks really bad...really pale and has been in the bathroom for a couple of hours. Anyway, will chat more tomorrow.

FrouFrou
08-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks Katy for letting us know about Susan. I was worried about her, still am. I am so sad to see her go. :cry:

PokeeDotts
08-10-2006, 03:07 PM
KATY--Thanks for giving us the update. I did email her at that exact address yesterday morning, and she didn't even write me back.:?:

PokeeDotts
08-10-2006, 03:10 PM
CRISTI--I forgot to mention --- CONGRATS ON MAKING ONDERLAND!!!:cp: :bravo: :dance: That's a major accomplishment and you should feel SO PROUD of yourself girlie!!!;) :hug:

Sassy_Chick
08-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey ya ladies.

Its me. Sorry i've been MIA. My back has been aching really bad, so bad infact I haven't slept much at all. I had to take Night-time meds to get to sleep last night so I could go to work today. (tonight).

Its storming here too so that doesn't help my back either.

Also I have a question. Have any of you ever had someone "SAY" they wanted to "SUPPORT" you with your WL journey only to just leave you hanging there? Or they say that just to get information? Like your weight?

This has happened to me. A "friend" said she wanted to "support" me and I was delighted that yet another person wanted to help me in my WL journey as we all know, we can use all the "support" we can get! Well after I told this person how much I weighed, which BTW not even my own mother knows, this person just basically left me "hanging".

Anyways. I'm glad I found this site so I do have real people who do actually care and do KNOW how to support people.

:hug:

bep
08-10-2006, 07:01 PM
That's just aweful, Sassy!!! My mom doesn't know what I weigh, but I would tell her. I think my hubby knows what I weigh because he was with me the last time I was in the ER and had to tell them how much I weighed. I have told my weight to a couple sisters before...and to a close friend that was in the same boat as me and we were dieting together. Aside from that, I seriously avoid telling people.

RosieKate
08-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Sassy - I hear you...I have had lots of disappointment when searching for support. My family is supportive, and I can talk to DH about all of it. I have come to the conclusion that while friends and support groups are helpful, I really need to look to me and me alone for my validation. People are only human after all, who knows what makes them act the way they do sometimes? Like Bep said, it's awful - you opened up to her about something very personal then poof.....

When things like this happen to me, I just remind myself that I am the one who benefits the most from the changes I make and that I am doing this for ME and no one else. Sorry your friend left you hanging - hopefully she will be able to talk to you about it at some point, so you know what made her act that way.

PokeeDotts
08-10-2006, 08:34 PM
FYI -- Susan did write me back and she has a very hectic life to deal with right now. I will be keeping in touch with her. I said she is missed very much!:(

Sassy_Chick
08-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Awwwwwww Thanks Ladies.......:hug:

I know your right and I am not letting this one little thing get me down either. And I agree with you, Katy, it has got to start with us. I think I am finally realizing that it all begins within myself. That is why I keep "falling off the wagon" because I didn't beleive in myself. I have got to remember that I am my own best friend and that is very important.

I am going to give the person the benefit of the doubt until I know for sure that she dissed me on purpose. Sometimes people just do not know how to respond to some things. I realize that and online you cannot read "body language". So maybe it made her feel uncomfortable or something.

Anyways, life goes on, right? I cannot let that keep me from moving on.

Well I hope you ladies have a fine Friday!

Scuzin
08-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Morning,

I'm getting antsy and there's not much else I think about except leaving in 5 days. It seems unreal :-O I will of course keep in touch once I'm over there, but it just may not be as often. I'm not sure what my internet options will be since I'm almost certain there won't be a computer in the apartment.

Sassy - sorry about having to deal with unsupportive people :( I'm sure that can really hurt. I've always been very secretive when it comes to weight loss attempts...like if people knew they would be watching me to see if I fail or not. But it gets so lonely, that's why I like it here...don't know if that's relevent...it just kind of came out :dizzy:

Cristina - eek, sorry about DS :(

Michelle
08-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Hi Girlies -- Well I was able to get my old account back so here I am LOL!;) Not much posting going on here, but I hope all of you have a good evening!:grouphug:

Sassy_Chick
08-12-2006, 05:25 AM
Thanks Susan. :hug:

I have been secretive in the past about WL too. Until I found this site and now I feel like I can be more open.

Hey Michelle! :wave: Glad you could get "back" to yourself! lol.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :D

bep
08-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Good morning everyone! I am having a huge BBQ tonight so I will be pretty busy all day. I hope you all have a beautiful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RosieKate
08-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone

I'll be pretty busy most of the day today - DS and I are handing out school supplies at church today, and our house is being painted. I did want to stop by and say "hi" and I hope everyone has a great day!

Michelle - who is that cutie in your avatar?

Sassy and Susan - I am pretty secretive as well. I just stopped revealing my weight to people becasue I was tired of the response...people say I don't look like I weigh as much as I do...maybe it's true or maye they are just being nice, I don't know, but I stopped talking about weight when I was very young and I till really don't like to get into specifics with people.

Anyway - Hi to everyone else - hope you have a great weekend! Are we up for a weigh in on Monday? I skipped this last one, but I'll do it this Monday.

K

Michelle
08-12-2006, 10:39 AM
KATY -- The pic is of my godson who lives back in Iowa. I have SO many pictures that my cousin is always sending me of her kids, and decided to scan one of them, but they don't turn out too good when it's not the original.:dizzy:

Scuzin
08-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Good morning

Eating did NOT go well yesterday, but exercise is picking up so that's good. Its so cool around here it does not feel like August!!!

Have a good day everyone, I think I'm going to do some painting in the kitchen.

Sassy_Chick
08-13-2006, 06:44 AM
Morning all.

I hope you all have a great day!

Sorry there is not more, but I am very :tired:

Scuzin
08-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi

I'm feeling very frustrated because I have made no progress at all this summer. It seems like Ive been more active in the last six months than in a long time but yet I've gained weight. I keep tellig myself that as soon as I move out again and am not being fed by my parents it will all be fine but now I'm doubting it. I'm back near my top weight that I NEVER wanted to go back to. I know its possible to lose it because Ive done it before (at least part way) but something is harder this time and I just keep putting on the pounds. God help me.

Sorry just needed to rant a little, I hope ou all have a good day.

bep
08-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Weigh-in day....down 3 lbs!!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

bep
08-14-2006, 10:11 AM
SusanNYC....sorry about your frustration! I am the same way with myself sometimes too! You totally can do this though!

RosieKate
08-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Susan- ditto what Bep said - you can do it..I can feel your frustration, as I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. I know one day I will bust through this plateau.

Bep - WTG on your loss!

Hi everyone! Anyone else weighing in today? I am down 2...helps to be through w/ TOM, lol!

Have a great day...I'm off to clean some more - big family dinner here tonight; visiting relatives want to see all the work we've done on the house.

Later
K

bep
08-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Yay Katy!

Have fun with family tonight!

Scuzin
08-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Good Morning
only one day left till I leave!!!!!!!

I'm off to the fair today I'm not expecting too much good food...I'll just try to focus on portion control.

I still have somuch packing to do and getting ready and I have no time to do it!!!!

bep
08-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Ooooooooooooooooo! Have fun today Susan!!!!

bep
08-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Hey all....I just HAD to share with someone...

About 4 years ago, I had lost about 30 lbs and got down to 210 lbs. Then, I got pregnant with my first child and gained back again. Well...yesterday's weigh-in had me at 210. So exciting!!! Just a few minutes ago, I sneaked on the scale and it said 209!!! Although I am not going to change my ticker and everything until next Monday (and who knows if it actually stays there), but I just am so estatic!!! This is the LEAST I have weighed in 4 years!!! I can't wait until I get to another one of my goals of 165ish. That is what I weighed about 6 years ago when I got married. Oh gals...I am so excited! I can't wear the same size as I did at 210 4 years ago because of having 2 babies since then, but just seeing the scale go beneath that did wonderful things to me! I can't wait to see ONEderland...hopefully soon!!!!!

Anyway...I just had to share because it meant so much to me.

I hope you all are having a wonderful day!

suetalks
08-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Bep- Super congratulations! That is great news! Don't blame you for wanting to share. You will see Onderland before you know it.
I've had a good two weeks myself. I have been eating several small meals and trying to get used to a new way of eating. It worked for me as I lost 4 pounds. Now I have started counting calories and hope I can shed 4 more. (then 4 more, you know the drill) :)
Keep up the good work!

bep
08-16-2006, 09:15 AM
Good morning everyone! Wow.....super quiet in here!

Has anyone heard anything from SuzyQ lately?

RosieKate
08-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Haven't heard from Susan - I'm sure she's fine, but probably really busy...

Sue and Bep - congrats to you both for your milestones this week....what great results!

Susan - is today moving day? Have a safe trip to NY and fill us in when you get settled

Today is my orientation meeting for the weight loss research study I signed up for. The screening occurs over this meeting and three more visits..then I'll know if I'm in..I'll keep everyone posted - could be a very interesting experience. I've never lost weight under medical supervision before...

Have a great day everyone

Michelle
08-16-2006, 01:16 PM
deleted

Scuzin
08-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi!!!

Yes today is moving day. I'm running around getting all the last details together and final touches on packing. I have 8 1/2 hours of flight and layover time and arrive in DC early tomorrow morning. I'm excited because I've never really been to DC and I have 3 hours to myself to walk around the capitol and the national mall. Then I'm off to orientation in PA! I'll be there for a few days so you likely won't be hearing from me till I'm all settled in NYC next week. I'm so excited :cb:

bep
08-16-2006, 03:45 PM
That is soooooo exciting Susan!!! I hope you have a wonderful time!

bep
08-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Well all...I don't know if many people are here anymore, but I thought I would come on and say I will be missing until tomorrow night. I am going to go visit family out of town. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Sassy_Chick
08-22-2006, 05:52 PM
HI PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I would pop in and say hi!

I hope you all are doing well!

:dust: and :hug: to all!

Scuzin
08-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Yikes, did everyone stop posting? I hope you are all ok, I made it to NYC alove!

bep
08-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi there! I'm still here! Down 3 lbs!

suetalks
08-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Hello...Glad you made it there okay Susan.

Way to go BEP.....I am not doing as well, but hanging in there. I just don't think I am supposed to get out of the 170's....I keep getting down there and then stalling. I want to be 169 by Thurs. Yeah..right!

RosieKate
08-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Hang in there, Sue - I am the same way...I have had a summer of stagnation, that's for sure!
bep - you are doing so well! You are my inspiration to get moving...
Susan - so glad you got to NY safely...
Sassy- Hiya..glad you posted

Sorry I am so MIA...I have kids clamoring for computer time and we have been in and out of town hopefully I will be able to post more when the kids go back to school next week

bye for now!

jules1216
08-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Just a quickie hi--lot's of stressful stuff but things seem to be getting better--computer at home is acting up--hope it didn't catch a "bug" from Sue's computer (J/K Sue)--may have to call those computer nerds!!

I'll try to be back later tonight after I work out at the gym. BTW I quit Slim-n-Tone and started at Gold's on last Friday--I am really liking it.

Sassy_Chick
08-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi Everybody!!!!!!!!!

WB Jules!

I hope everybody is doing well!!!!!!!!!!!!

bep
08-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Whew....I'm a wee might worn out! I had a family of 4 here for almost a whole week and my kids & I were sick the whole time. :p I have a sinus infection to boot. :p Company is gone now and I am trying to get house & bodies back together. ;)

I have decided to give something a try. I am not counting calories...at least temporarily. I am sticking with familiars and new low cal things. So far, I have continued to lose so I am good with this. If/When I stop losing weight, I will go back to actually writing down my cals again until I start losing regularly again. It has been nice. In a sense, I am still 'counting those cals', but not in the literal sense.

RosieKate
08-31-2006, 09:33 AM
Hi jules...I used to go to a 24hr fitness - I like the variety. Tho - the Curves-type format is probably great for busy people I imagine. WB - hope the stressful stuff is easing up for you...

bep - When I was doing the Zone, I never counted calories and it worked. Sometimes, I count them just because that's where my life is at - I know I would lose track and need the control it provides me. Personally, I would love to never have to count them!

I have taken the week off from the gym - it's just too crazy busy around here and we are heading to the beach tomorrow....will start up again next week when school starts.

The INsight study screening continues. This week I have to do some fasting blood work and take in my food diary. They will give a fancy activity monitor to wear for a week.

DD just got up - see you all later!

jules1216
08-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Katy--the Slim-n-Tone hours weren't very good--none on the weekends at all for me. I am liking the golds and they have a pilates and yoga class on Fridays when I am off--yay!!! I had read recently that the Surves/Slim-n-Tone gyms are a great way to get you going in the right direction but does not have the variety needed to really tone up and lose the serious weight and inches--we will see. I told the pt that I am ready to do this and I am not embarrassed like I was last time after going throuh all the depression of turning 40 and the empty nest thing I really don't care if someone thinks I am the fat, sweaty old lady that looks like she is ready to have a heart attack!! I did the taking of the kids to school and picking them up on the first day and the last all the way through. My DD drove her Jr & Sr year but she wanted me to stay home in the morning until she left and then she picked me up at work when she got off. Ahhh, the memories!!

Bep--you are doing so wonderful!! You'll be under 200 before you know it!! My allergies are acting up--the leaves are turning early because it's so dry here, unless we get alot of gentle rain over the next few weeks we won't have the beautiful fall colors I love so much. Hope you feel better.

Sassy--hey to you girly!!

SusanNYC--so glad you made it safe-my DD wants to do a weekend in NY--if it actually happens maybe we can all three do lunch--she's 19.

Hi to ayone else I may have missed--i'll try to be better at posting--we did the defragmenting on the computer last night and tonight is the scanning for viruses--my DD's nerdy roomate and her computer geek boyfriend say the can fix it if there is one and maybe add some extra memory to it while they are at it. (that is what they call themselves--the roomate says her and DD living together is the college version of the tv show freaks & geeks without the stoners)

Well I really have to get back to work now!!

Sassy_Chick
08-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey Chicks.

This will be a Quickie. Had to get up "early" (by my standards at least -- nightshift girl here) lol. Hub has an appt. today with the Orthopediest..........

TTYL

bep
08-31-2006, 02:47 PM
What a BEAUTIFUL day I have here! I was just out picking tons of cherry tomatoes....and of course, had to eat a few...er....quite a few....HEY...they are healthy! LOL!

Jules....I LOVE fall too! I love the snuggly clothes you get to wear and the fall colors the clothing stores have. ...and the hint in the air that the holidays are just around the corner. Mmmmmmmm.....I'm feeling festive! LOL! UGH! I had better start thinking about Christmas gifts for some people that I always want to get a gift but always have a hard time finding something for! I hate stressing over it last minute so I need to start looking now so it will be fun!

jules1216
08-31-2006, 03:02 PM
Bep- My mom is wonderful at Christmas shopping--sh ewill have enrything bought and wrapped by Thanksgiving. I always say I am going to be more like her but the earlier I get done the more $ I spend because I keep buying!! I love the fall colors both on the trees and clothes colors--I also have a beautiful hobo bag that is all fall colors that I am going to be using soon and as much as I love sandals and flip flops I love boots and clogs more!! I LOVE cherry tomatoes and the grape ones I eat them like candy and I agree they are healthy!!

Sassy--hope you DH's appt went well..

Gotta get back to work!

Sassy_Chick
08-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi Ya ladies!

Well basically the dr said he needs to build up his muscle around his knee. So he prescribed him two weeks of Physical Therapy. He didn't even look at his elbow. This was mil's dr that she "RAVES" about, we frankly weren't that impressed.

Anywho........Good news.......................We joined the Y! :D Not only is it the largest in our area, it is the largest in the country! (no joke) By the time we got done from the tour, we felt like we already had a workout! lol.

They have everything there! Including, what I liked, an outside Nature Trail!!!! We got 10% off from work and they also had a special running as well.

We can have as many guests as we want and they only have to pay $6 or a discounted weekly rate. So we plan on taking fil up there.

Um guess that is about it, I just wanted to share with you all!

I feel better already! :D :D :D

:dance:

RosieKate
09-01-2006, 09:29 AM
As usual - I am up at the crack o' dawn, so I thought I'd drop in before we start getting ready to go to the beach.

Bep - My tomatoes are just starting to ripen - and there are alot of them! I really need to learn to can, so I can make up some sauce. I have been giving away alot of our garden surplus...really need to get on that canning thing.... It felt like fall here yesterday...kids and I wore light sweaters and I even had the heat on for a bit in the morning.

Jules - good on you for going to Gold's...I think everyone feel a little self-conscious at time at these places. Some gyms are "be seen" type places and I am never comfortable at those. Gold's should be pretty down to earth...yoga and pilates are big pluses!

Sassy - sending good thoughts to DH and his knee - I went to a chiro for mine...she gave me some good adivce. I have been doing more biking and it seems to help. I think my days of step-aerobics are over - boo hoo. The chiro told me to stick to biking and swimming.

Oh - you chickies - ok who started all this talk of Christmas shopping -shame on you ;) JK I hate to shop and really never set foot in a mall...I have this grand plan of using up my visa card points to buy Christmas gifts this years...if I do that I really can't procrastinate. Maybe I'll knit some gifts...I'm always knitting something, and now is the time to get working on the gift stuff.

I made some homemade granola the other day and just wanted to pass on a tip for all you granola lovers. You can make it with zero oil if you have a silicone baking sheet (like a Silpat) It was so easy and the clean up was a breeze. We are trying to get the processed grains and "white" stuff out of our diets per my DH's instructions from his naturopath. The granola is just a step in that direction...it is a very healthy breakfast, and with no oil, the calories are pretty reasonable too

Have a great weekend everyone - I'll drop in when we get back!

Katy

Sassy_Chick
09-03-2006, 05:38 AM
Morning Ladies. :coffee:

Very tired Chicky here. :tired: We got called in early today for work. I guess they had a major issue and one guy called off and one guy works from home (a whole problem of itself) so we worked a 12 hr. shift tonight..........

Anywho.........enough of my whining.......(anybody got any lowfat cheese?) lollllllll.

Katy -- Mmmmmmm tomatoes.............:drool: I need to get myself back to a Chiro for my back. I went to one right after my car accident -- he did wonders.................even "prescribed" me a massage that the guy who hit me 's insurance had to pay for!!!!! :love:

As for Christmas............I've only begun looking in catalogs, but I do want to get my shopping done early and all, if at all possible..............Might buy some while on "vacation" at the end of this month, depends on where we go. We are just going to get in the car and drive and wherever we end up, we end up!

Thats a great tip!!!!!! My husband LOVES Granola! We were watching Dr. Oz on Oprah the other day, have any of you watched, heard, read anything about him? I posted some of his tips a while back, I can post them again if anybody wants. Its basically like you said, Katy, getting rid of processed grains and "white" stuff and inserting the "good stuff" Anyways. Lemme know if you want me to post it or email it to ya. ;)

Speaking of Cars and Driving and all that, we may have sold our truck! Our next door neighbors friends are interested! There are 4 guys all interested!!! Hub said 1st one with cash money gets it! :dancer: We plan on selling it for $600. One guy was even interested in our little Mazda but if we sell that too, we won't have anything to drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only down side is that I will probably have to learn to drive a manual, because the Mazda is a manual....................I have been shifting sometimes on the way home from work (while hub drives), since its early and hardly nobody out.........So I got that part down I think, its the clutch I have a hard time with........lol......

Anyways. I'm glad we joined the Y and I think its going to be great for us both, they have LOADS of stuff there. So I can't wait honestly. I think we may go tomorrow Morning (Monday) IF they are open. (Labor Day)......

Well I hope all you gals are having a wonderful relaxing Sunday!!!!!!!

jules1216
09-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Lunchtime--eating a Celentano Vegetarian Eggplant Parmigiana--Yikess--it has 410 calories, but it sure is good.

I went to the gym with my session with a personal trainer--it wasn't the guy that knows my DD but one of the girls--which I really liked. We worked on the arms/upper body and leg section of a 20 minute power workout on machine arrangement they have. Boy were my arms sore--legs not to bad but she had me do really light weights due to my kness--she says she would rather me start out low and build up then hurt myself. Next Friday we will do abs & butt. She would like me to come in everyday (I told her 3-4 would probably be my max--so she says walk or do something at home the days I don't go to the gym)and do 1/2 an hour of cardio and do a different target area at least three times a week--she thinks the yoga & pilates would be good and one called body flow--she also wants me to eat 6 times a day at 200-300 calories each time with breakfast being the most--since I have never been a breakfast person she said to ease into it this week but she wants me to really try it for at least a month with the exercise plan

DD, DS & his gf all came out yesterday--it was really nice--this is the first time in a while that both kids were with us at the same time and place.

Sassy--I love my chiro though with going and getting massages when I start to feel tight has kept me from needing him.

Katy--the gym is pretty down to earth and there are probably as many "getting in shape" people as there are the ones maintaining so it's not that bad.

Hi to Bep, Sue & SusanNYC--hope all is well with you!!

Gotta get back to work!!

bep
09-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Hello everyone,

Some of this you already know, but I will backtrack. It started over a week ago with a sinus infection. On Monday of last week, I was given an antibiotic containing sulfa for the infection. Friday night I started feeling really achy and got a high fever. I also started noticing some itchy spots here and there, but I thought I had just started coming down with the flu. Well, My temp stayed at 103 - 104 all weekend. I decided to get an appointment on Tuesday. My 'spots' turned into a 100% of my body vicious looking rash. The kind that just looks like your blood came up to your skin. Even my earlobes hurt. Well, Monday DH started to wake me up and I wasn't very responsive. He started getting REALLY worried about me (he doesn't worry easily). He told me he was taking me right in to a walk-in clinic. So we all head to the clinic and I told DH to just drop me off and go feed the kids lunch at McD's since I was sure it was going to be a looooong wait. I was shaking really hard and was a bit disoriented. I was rushed right to the back. I felt a little guilty...everyone was looking at me like "why is she so special that she gets in before us?". Anyway, my oxygen level was really low so I was immediately put on oxygen and given a couple shots and monitering gear was strapped on. The doctors were giving each other those 'not good' looks which really wasn't doing me any favors at all. Dr's and nurses were doging in and out of my room. They told me if they couldn't get me stablized in 1 hour that I was going to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. 1 hr later they were doing just that. Once in the ambulance, they were trying to get an IV in me but couldn't because I was extremely swollen. The techs on the ambulance were giving each other secret finger codes...again....not helping me out with that one...a little scary to see.

On the way out of the clinic, a dr asked me DH's cell #. I was so disoriented that I accidentaly gave him my cell #. So after I had been shipped to the hospital, DH came back with the kids from lunch and sat in the clinic waiting room for a long time. Finally he asked someone how things were going with me only to find out that I had been rushed to the hospital. Poor fella was quite worried.

Meanwhile, me at the hospital...They managed to get an IV in me and got a whole pile of dope in my system. They were taking a lot of blood samples too. They said I needed to be admited to the hospital.

So they got me in a room and hooked me up to a heart monitor and kept the drugs pumping. Finally this morning at somewhere around 6am my fever calmed to the normal range and I started feeling somewhat better. I was allowed to be unhooked from all the machines somewhere around 11:30 or so and was able to leave a little later. I have a whole pile of drugs I have to take for a while to get rid of this and if ANYTHING happens I am to run directly to the ER. I am still covered from head to toe in a pretty mean looking rash.

Well, aside from being allergic to Amoxicillan (which I already knew) I now know that I am extremely allergic to any drug containing sulfa. I am going to be triple checking my drugs from now on. I totally didn't realize just how serious a reaction I was having. I shudder to think what would have happened if I would have tried to wait until Tuesday to get into the dr's office. I had mentioned it to one of the docs and they put it in no uncertain terms that I was to have been in the hospital.

So...if anyone starts having these kinds of symptoms, please get to the ER or clinic or something right way. The longer you wait, the more serious it gets. It's pretty serious business.

Anyway...that's what's going on with me. I still have occassional lightheaded moments and not quite up to par, but it is a world of difference from what I was at just yesterday.

RosieKate
09-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Oh bep - how scary...so glad you are ok.. I have a friend with a sulfa allergy and when you first wrote you were taking a sulf med, I went "uh oh"...

Hope you are feeling much better today

Off to the gym

hope everyone who reads this is having a good day...I'll try to get in for a longer post later
Katy

jules1216
09-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Hi Sassy--how's the Y going--I am loving the gym.

Bep--I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you get better soon.

Katy--Hi to you too.

Sorry to be short and sweet but the computer is still having issues and I could be kicked off at anytime--I have tried to post but can't seem to get it done. DD is sad--her dog is lost--she left to run errands, her roomate wnet to a class and the roomate's boyfriend was suppossed to stay while the 2 plumbers were there but he left them there alone--DD says they should have called her cell and she would have came back--she doesn't trust anyone and the dog was IN the house when the roomate and her boyfriend left but when the got back less that an hour later--the plumbers and the dog was gone--DD is calling the landlord to get an explanation before calling the town police. SHe has not had a good year and it doesn't look like it's gonna get better--she is getting very depressed and I am worried about her.

Sassy_Chick
09-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Morning Ladies! :coffee:

Quickie here. :tired: I am about to head off to bed............But wanted to say yesterday morning we went to the Y after work. I didn't do a whole bunch, but the main point is that I went and I plan on continuing. So what if I'm not a Jane Fonda! The main thing is I'm trying. That is all anybody can ask of me I think. ;) I did have a break down though when I got to the car and again when I got home yesterday morning. I just felt like a big failure because I couldn't do as much as the others there, but my husband pulled me through and told me that I did a good job and that we will keep going and we will get there, just takes time. So now I'm good, I think I just had to "release" all those fears and emotions I had............

Jules -- I'm so glad you are doing so well with the gym! :cheer:

Anywho, we sold our truck this morning for $500! We plan on sticking our money in the bank in savings. ;)

Well have a Wonderful Weekend All!

Sassy_Chick
09-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Morning all.

Kinda quiet in here (here) (here) (echo) lol.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Off to bed now, have to get up early today to get some errands done before heading to the Gym later today! We are getting set up on the computerized nautilus (sp??) machines. ;)

So have a good Monday ya'all! ;)

:dance:

bep
09-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Hello everyone! Looks like I might be losing access to the internet for a couple weeks. I hope our local library has access so I can still check in now and then. I am not going to be gone permanently. Ta Ta for now and take care!!!

Sassy_Chick
09-19-2006, 04:15 AM
Okay a wee bit quiet in here. How we doing girls?

I WALKED A MILE this morning! :D (I did my WATP DVD)

I hope you all are doing well!!!!! :dancer:

FrouFrou
10-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Hello ladies...

Long time no see, um, or read. :)

I feel like a dummy because I checked back a few times and didn't think anyone was posting here any longer. :doh:

Sounds like everyone is doing well, good to see.

SUSAN...glad you made it to NY safely.

BEP...doing good with the WL. :carrot:

Hi to everyone else. :wave:

Will check back often from now on. Take care ladies. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-05-2006, 07:09 AM
How is everybody?????????

RosieKate
10-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi All!

I have been incredibly busy and have not been checking in very often, I'm afraid. I will try to do better.......

I haven't been losing any weight, but it turns out that's a good thing. Why, do you ask? Because I was accepted into the weight loss research study that I applied for. I won't know which diet group I've been assigned to for another two or so weeks, but I'm in. I've been up to the hospital for all the medical stuff. They kind of like that my weight has been stable for the last 3 months (boo hoo)- I got the impression they would really prefer me to not lose anything until I start the program in November.

Meanwhile, I am getting my exercise in, eating pretty well, and I am knitting up a storm - you know the holidays are right around the corner and knitters have to get a move on. I smuggled some wonderful wool into the house to knit my DH a sweater on the sly. I hope I can surprise him at Christmas. If I can't get it done, I'll put the work-in-progress in a box with a picture of the pattern and call it good. He's seen enough to know I do finish things. The kiddoes will most likely get some mittens or hats. I found a pattern for a very cool Star Wars hat that I may make for my son.

Hope all is well where you are

Katy

FrouFrou
10-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Hello ladies...

Hiya Sassy :wave:

Katy...I don't even want to think of Christmas yet. I have been though, trying to figure out what to get everyone. Haven't done any shopping yet though, except for stuff to send to Josh and his unit. I love homemade gifts...I think they are the best and I know your family appreciates all the time and love you put into your gifts. I wish I was as crafty as you. I am so happy to hear you were accepted into the program! Woohoo! :carrot: Now you will get down to business and get that weight off. Glad you are doing good with the exercise, and eating.

Not a lot going on with me. Just keeping busy with things around the house, and sending care packages to Josh. That's really sad...I lead such a boring life, lol. Weightloss is still at a stand still but I have decided to no focus on it anymore. I am just going to continue to exercise/walk, eat right and only WI once a month. I am tired of this consuming my life. I don't want to be about losing weight, and a number. We'll see how that goes.

Hope all is doing well, BEP, SUSANNYC, and JULES.

Take care :hug:

jules1216
10-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Hi Katy!! I've missed you!! The weight loss program sounds interesting. You'll have to keep us informed. Your knitting projects sound nice. how did the skull tote bag turn out??

Bep--it looks like we are all finding our way back....hope you'll join us soon.

Sassy--Hi to you!! yeah for the mile walked!!

Cristina--I am trying to get on my son about getting me his friends address in Iraq. Tony always said my husband and I and his inlaws are more like parents to hime than the biological ones. So sad....

I may be back later....since we got rid of the viruses and got Verizon DSL I can actually get on the internet at home!!

Cristina

FrouFrou
10-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Hello ladies...

Hope this finds everyone in good spirits.

JULES...if you want to share the address I would love to send a care package to your sons friend in Iraq, and a card once in a while. When I started sending to Josh I made sure I sent enough for others as well. I know there are guys over there that get nothing and I am glad Josh has a good heart. He would rather give it to someone who has nothing than to keep it him self. But I've been sending stuff over for all of them so hopefully no one feels left out. Well, for his Unit. If I could afford to I would send to everyone. He's (your sons friend) lucky to have you and your DH. How have you been doing anyway? Missed you :hug: And how are you liking the Verizon DSL? I think we are getting ready to change to something faster than dial up. Can't believe we still have dial up...it is sooooo slow!

How is everyone else doing?

I haven't posted here in what seems like forever, I've almost forgotten to come here. :o But I do miss all you ladies.

Take care and I will chat with ya later :hug:

Mom2Gaby
10-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Please STOP and go to BIK #18!:dizzy: